Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Tress said:

It has been driving me nuts that Steve keeps calling Abby his niece.  I, for the life of me, cannot figure this out.  Blah:) Her mom is a Horton; her pop is a Deveraux (sp?}  His wife is a Brady - wtf?

Jack was Steve's brother. Abby is Jack's daughter, she is his niece.

• Love 5

I'm sure someone probably told her off-screen.

IIRC, no one other than Shane, Kim and Victor even knew Matao was in town back then. I don't remember Theresa having scenes with Chloe before either. So....yeah. Sudden familiarity!

StepheNO

*applauds*

(Technically StefaNO, but still, awesome)

• Love 4

Man, you guys are great.  Thank you, Appentice79 and Prairiemakeup,:  you guys are why I love this forum so much.  I do remember that Steve & Jack are brothers now.  Wow, that was a story back in the day, yeah?

• Love 7

A dull Monday, except for the Steve and Kayla and Stefan O scenes.

Abigail could consider Kimberly to be an aunt of sorts. Some people do have friends that they consider 'family'.

I do have sympathy for Abigail being ill, but she still sent her friend to jail.

Theresa should have a nice long chat with Brady about his marrying or want to marry any woman he dates. Commitment issues, being needy, can't handle being alone - whatever issue it is needs to be addressed or otherwise he will go on to woman after woman.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Abigail could consider Kimberly to be an aunt of sorts. Some people do have friends that they consider 'family'.

But why? Kim moved to California when Abby was born/a baby  and visited Salem during the years but not enough to establish a relationship to get herself called aunt. While Kim may have known Jack and Jennifer, I don't remember them being particularly close let alone share many scenes with each other.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

But why? Kim moved to California when Abby was born/a baby  and visited Salem during the years but not enough to establish a relationship to get herself called aunt. While Kim may have known Jack and Jennifer, I don't remember them being particularly close let alone share many scenes with each other.

I have had a couple of 'aunts' that technically had nothing to do with me. Just how they were addressed and treated. It is odd, though.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bannana said:

I thought it was odd when last week said how much he loved Abigail.  I couldn't figure out what that was based on either.

Everyone loves Abigail. 

• Love 15
16 hours ago, tribeca said:

I would have more sympathy for Abby if anyone cared about Gabi.   Gabi was the hurt party in all this.    I know Abby is sick so I should have more empathy.  Not sure why I don’t.  

I think that's what's killing me right now--we have Gabi recovering in a prison hospital from a severe beat down and no one's seems in a hurry to get her out because apparently protecting precious Abby and her delicate psyche are the only thing that matters.

I did like Chloe and Theresa's conversation about Brady and his romances with Nicole and Eve and how Deimos' death is tied into all of that.  Lots of backstory to get through--DAMN!

• Love 15
17 hours ago, tribeca said:

I would have more sympathy for Abby if anyone cared about Gabi.   Gabi was the hurt party in all this.    I know Abby is sick so I should have more empathy.  Not sure why I don’t.  

No truer words.

If I was Gabi, mental illness or not, I would be kicking Abby in the throat on sight. ON. SIGHT. It would be like pressing start on an ass whooping machine the moment I clapped eyes on her. The bitch wrecked her life, put her through mental and physical anguish, and ripped her out of her daughter's life. To make matters worse, I doubt Gabi will even be allowed to have resentment towards Abby. Everyone in town is going to be pleading Abby's case, acting like Abby is the true victim and Gabi will be made to feel like the bad guy when she is the one who has suffered the most while Abby was traipsing around the world and laid up under Stefan and his wig. 

• Love 21

I would also add that Gabi was fired by Andre so she would be cheated out of the money that she was entitled to when she signed the contracts with Kate and Dimera Enterprises instead is Eve and Basic Black. She lost millions and no one especially Stefan and Vivian who were parties to this scheme have done nothing to rehire her or the money that belongs to her.

• Love 16

Who else is surprised that Vivian actually admitted her plan to Kate?  But I think she might have been over-reaching--yes, Sonny's getting charged with sexual harassment would be bad for business but it would hardly bring Titan to it's knees.

There is an easiness between Will and Paul that is lovely to watch, but again, I'm not seeing an epic romance, just two people who like each other and are hanging out together.  And I don't have a problem with what Sonny said to Paul--Sonny wasn't mean or nasty to Paul, he simply defended Leo.  Of course, Sonny's completely fooled by Leo but that's neither here or there.

So we finally saw how Andre died but I don't know if it was quite self-defense.  He was holding Abby's arms and he didn't want her to leave his office, but he didn't make a threat to her or try and hurt her.  She hit him and he let go of her--does that make it self-defense?

• Love 5
(edited)

Is that new guy from General Hospital in love with Abigail or Gabi? Or does it nor matter to him as long as he can have her body?

Edited to add:

WTF -- is Andre in love with Abigail too? Isn't he like 100 years older than Abigail?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

The actor who plays Ben is so much more tolerable when he plays crazy. When he was playing bland boyfriend in instalove with Abby all I could see were his overly curated and manicured looks and super long spindly arms. 

Not to me -- I find BOllie boring even when crazy. It also does not make sense to me that Ben is inside the Locked Office of Film Noir Crazy. Is BOlly-with-a-Y going to be one of Abigail's alters, too?

Edited by Sandman
I was half expecting to hear that BOlly killed Andre.
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, bannana said:

I thought it was odd when last week said how much he loved Abigail.  I couldn't figure out what that was based on either.

Quoting myself because I forgot to include his name!  I thought it was odd that John said he loved Abigail.  That didn't ring true to me.

Another thing that has been troubling me, in a hilarious way, is that Leo and Sonny stand inches apart no matter what conversation they are having.  It's supposed to imply sexual attraction but it makes me crack up every time I see it.  Most people would back away if someone was in their personal space like that.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I mean...don't get me wrong, I'm glad we didn't get a big retcon about abuse in Abigail's background or something, but...accidentally murdering someone in self-defense just doesn't have enough narrative oomph, IMO, to justify her splitting into multiple personalities.  I mean, blocking it out, sure, plenty of soap heroines have done that (I thought of Bianca blocking out murdering Michael Cambias on AMC).  But disassociating over it?  I dunno.

Will and Paul continue to be charming.  The Sonny/Leo side of things, however, is starting to bore.  I wish Leo was scheme-ier or seduce-ier or something.

Sill enjoying people, like Hope and Marlena today, telling Stefan O. what a gross turd he is to his face.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
(edited)

Here we go...

Didn't get to watch but 15 mins of Days because cheeto face cutting in but...

Yet again, just like under KM's version, these Hortons and Johnsons has to warn everyone not to mess with poor, fragile Abigail! ?

Like maybe if these families recognize she was a fucking nutjob and get her the help she needs, maybe she won't ruin others lives.  She's done it to Ben... Stefan (even though he's not completely blameless)... and now Gabi who sitting prison.  Like hello?  These people are just in bad situations out of nowhere, it's because Abigail is touched.  

When is this girl going to take accountability for her mental instability

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

There is an easiness between Will and Paul that is lovely to watch, but again, I'm not seeing an epic romance, just two people who like each other and are hanging out together. 

This is actually what I like about them. Rarely do people just date in Salem. I'll take this over falling desperately in love with a new soulmate every 6-8 months (looking at you Brady). 

• Love 14
(edited)

I wish I liked Will/CM because CS/Paul is really adorable and charming and he's really trying in this pairing imo.

So Abby killed Andre in sorta-kinda self-defense. And he just had to tell her he loved her before he died. Meh, who cares, over it.

I wanna like Leo and Sonny/Leo, but there's jut nothing there. Like @TeeVee329 said, Leo should be more sinister or sexier or something. It's all just so boring.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
(edited)

Everyone must worship the princess, Abigail. I know the princess is insane, but on some level she meant to frame Gabi for her crime.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I always do wonder if people who open the door in a towel and dripping dry themselves off before jumping into bed.

Or maybe thus the phrase "steamy sex scenes," I guess. :D Either that or Ho Rita's last name is McChafey.

Edited by Sandman
Andre LOVED Abigail? Ew. Ick. Also, bullshit.
  • Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, islandgal140 said:

Probably overheard that Andre was actually behind all the shenanigans that caused Dimera Enterprises to lose business deals, conspired with Stefan and Viv to take over DiMera, oust Chad as CEO and take their home. Abby advocated for Andre above and beyond the call of duty.  Telling  both Chad and Kate that no way was Andre behind it and he is loyal to family and Dimera Enterprises. You can also say that Andre is just as responsible for Theo being shot as Kate/JJ since if he hadn't been doing any of this there would have been no need for Theo to be there. 

I really should have known that something was up because they had Abby get really sappy over Andre. Tossing "I love Andre" way too much and waxing poetic over him. 

Way to go, Islandgal, you nailed it!  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Quoting myself because I forgot to include his name!  I thought it was odd that John said he loved Abigail.  That didn't ring true to me.

Another thing that has been troubling me, in a hilarious way, is that Leo and Sonny stand inches apart no matter what conversation they are having.  It's supposed to imply sexual attraction but it makes me crack up every time I see it.  Most people would back away if someone was in their personal space like that.  

Thanks banana, I thought it was just me, but Leo is right up in Sonny's face all the time....it really bugs me, I guess he thinks that's sexy, but I find it invasion of personal space.  If I was Sonny, I would be saying "Back up bud!"

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I think it's a requirement if you're a Salemite, like school taxes or utilities.

And have a rap sheet with various crimes that you did little to no jail time for.

Abigail needs to own her stuff. She can only play the sweet, innocent victim for so long. She set her ex boyfriend on fire. She killed someone. Mental illness or not, she did commit these crimes. Her way out is that she was too ill to be criminally responsible. Gabi should give her a good swift kick or send her to Statesville Prison for a week or two. Part of 'Abigail' did frame her for a crime that she did not commit.

Vivian, nice work to tell Kate your plan - well, the part she didn't figure out.

Leo, do back off a bit from your boss and give him some personal space. The workplace dynamic is not to be a few inches from someone. One coworker at my workplace had boundary issues and no idea about personal space. Her garlic clove breath did a lot of people in.

Stefan, find a different woman to be your Gabby. This one has too many problems and you will need to wait for her until Chad finds another woman.  Or she dumps Chad for you.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wanna like Leo and Sonny/Leo, but there's jut nothing there. Like @TeeVee329 said, Leo should be more sinister or sexier or something. It's all just so boring.

As I've said before, Leo is no Kimberly Andrews.  He should really take a lesson.

• Love 3
(edited)

I just want to say that the nickname "StefaNo!" is the only good thing to come out of this whole storyline.

ETA: Did StefaNo! really steal the bag of Abigail's personal effects from the police station? He's gonna get freaky with that black wig, isn't he? From StefaNo! to 'Stefan, ew!"

Edited by Sandman
I'll stop now.
  • Love 11
(edited)
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Still enjoying people, like Hope and Marlena today, telling Stefan O. what a gross turd he is to his face.

Did Hope say it to his face?  I know she talked about him to Marlena, but that was behind his back, just before he walked in.

That said, yes, it's good that the other characters are calling a spade a spade where he's concerned, not coddling or propping him the way OLTL did Ford.

Edited by Prin Holmes
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

As I've said before, Leo is no Kimberly Andrews.  He should really take a lesson.

Or ......... is he?  Remember the suspicions about Kimberly's origins ......

But no,  Leo is far too dull and obvious.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Stefan, find a different woman to be your Gabby. This one has too many problems and you will need to wait for her until Chad finds another woman.  Or she dumps Chad for you.

I'm a day behind, so only saw up to Monday when Steve was telling StefaNo off.  Man, he is one pathetic Dimera!  A horrible person, yes, for using Abigail the way he did, instead of getting her help. But he's still pathetic. 

7 hours ago, Sandman said:

I just want to say that the nickname "StefaNo!" is the only good thing to come out of this whole storyline.

I love it too !!!

• Love 6

The conversation between Kate and Marlena was good. I find it interesting and within character for Kate to see the possibility that Andre didn't love her and in fact, thinks Viv might have been behind his declaration of love in order to make Kate 'love blind' to Andre's plotting.  That just further adds to Kate's anger and is setting up for the Kate/Viv showdown. That is a nice added beat. 

I don't look to this show for medical accuracy but it did seriously bother me that Marlena thought it was okay for a laymen like Chad to walk Abby (with a real and serious past filled with mental illness) through the events that caused her DID without a mental health professional present.  I liked that Hope brought it up but Marlena's explanation was the worst!

Ugh that phone conversation between Marlena and Kayla about StefaNO was so ridiculous and heavy handed. Saying he was bringing back the curse and just like dear old daddy. We get it already. We got it when the show named him Stefan O. We just ain't buying what they are trying to sell. So does this means Abby is supposed to be StefaNO's Queen of the Night? Abby barely qualifies as Lady of Noon. 

I was cheering Steve when he was roughing up StefaNO in his own hospital bed. I just wished he had used his cane. 

Count me in as being surprised Viv copped to her plan so quickly. 

Eve deserves so much better than Brady. There really is a dearth of men on the canvas, especially when it seems half the new men in the 30 age range fall inexplicably in love with Abby. 

10 hours ago, Prin Holmes said:

Did Hope say it to his face?  I know she talked about him to Marlena, but that was behind his back, just before he walked in.

That said, yes, it's good that the other characters are calling a spade a spade where he's concerned, not coddling or propping him the way OLTL did Ford.

I'm loving that everyone, EVERYONE, isn't hesitating to call it rape. But why isn't anyone looking into charges?  I am just praying to the soap gawds that we aren't in for a who's the daddy storyline. 

Can the show please, please stop playing flashbacks to the rape?  

Where the hell did Jennifer go? And JJ? 

9 hours ago, boes said:

Or ......... is he?  Remember the suspicions about Kimberly's origins ......

But no,  Leo is far too dull and obvious.

He is like a cagey squirrel (with an AARP card) in all his scenes. I really wish Sonny was root worthy. As it is, I don't care what happens to him. 

I'm glad no one was around when I ugly chortled at Leo being called 'young.' I guess it is all relative since Viv and Kate where the ones doing it. 

• Love 9

Leo and Sonny have no chemistry. Blocking their scenes so that Leo is always getting face, eyes and elbows into Sonny's personal space for no particular reason does not change this.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Ugh that phone conversation between Marlena and Kayla about StefaNO was so ridiculous and heavy handed. Saying he was bringing back the curse and just like dear old daddy. We get it already. We got it when the show named him Stefan O. We just ain't buying what they are trying to sell. So does this means Abby is supposed to be StefaNO's Queen of the Night? Abby barely qualifies as Lady of Noon. 

I nearly spat out my water on my keyboard. lol... Part of Stefano's obsession with Marlena was that she never succumbed to him, it made her, even more desirable. I remember Marlena daring him to rape her, when he had locked her up in that cage in Paris. That was a good story, campy as hell, but, it was what solidified Kristen's descent into evil. She helped Stefano kidnap Marlena.  In any event, Stefano told Marlena that he would not do that. He wanted her to give herself to him willingly and fully.

So, Stefano/Abigail, is an epic fail if they are recreating the Stefano/Marlena dynamic, Stefa-No, raped Abigail who was too crazy to give consent.. Sorry Ron, close, but, no dice.. How about you create your own storylines, instead of copying others.  Plus, the Marlena/Stefano dynamic was built up over time...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

So that's it?  Abby remembers about killing Andre and handles it okay and the alters are like, "'Kay, bye forever."?  That's not how that works, not even with soap opera D.I.D.

And more completely unconvincing blah blah from Stefan O. about how Gabigail changed him, how their love is the greatest thing since sliced bread, etc.  Whatever, bro.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So that's it?  Abby remembers about killing Andre and handles it okay and the alters are like, "'Kay, bye forever."?  That's not how that works, not even with soap opera D.I.D.

And more completely unconvincing blah blah from Stefan O. about how Gabigail changed him, how their love is the greatest thing since sliced bread, etc.  Whatever, bro.

I think I will need to put a bucket near me when I watch later tonight. 

Goodness, I hope this doesn't descend into StefaNO plotting to trigger Abby's DID so Gabby can come out to play. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Well, I think he did snag the Wig of Cheapness...

Yeah, I was complaining earlier in the week about that wig just lying around in its evidence bag for anybody to pick up.

• Love 7

Why is Doctor Laura giving out all of this exposition?

"Didn't recognize you without your glasses."  LOL.

Stefan really is trying to get Gabby back.  What a scumbag.

Why would Chad even stand there and let Stefan talk to Abigail?

• Love 10

ThThe show ended two minutes early - a province-wide emergency system test.

Dr. Laura didn't look as serious without her glasses prop. Stefan, back off for a bit. Let Abs get back to health and then pursue her - if she wants you. You are lucky that you haven't been brought up on any charges.

Didn't get the whole Kate and Vivian thing - especially the gun. Vivian can simply just up and disappear again.

Hopefully once Abs remembers killing Andre, Gabi can be set free. Did like her telling Eli off.

No huge interest in Eli and Lani.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Didn't get the whole Kate and Vivian thing - especially the gun. Vivian can simply just up and disappear again.

My second favourite thing about the whole Vivian, StefanNo! and Leo come to town storyline (after the awesome nickname) is Kate's world-ranked "Are you kidding me with this?" face when Vivian pulls the gun on her. Even though Kate ought to know that this is how such confrontations always go at Castle Dracula, even (or especially) when one catches the perp dead to rights, with proof and all -- come on, that's how Marlena got the ball rolling to land them all in the tunnels in the first place!

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Sandman said:

My second favourite thing about the whole Vivian, StefanNo! and Leo come to town storyline (after the awesome nickname) is Kate's world-ranked "Are you kidding me with this?" face when Vivian pulls the gun on her. Even though Kate ought to know that this is how such confrontations always go at Castle Dracula, even (or especially) when one catches the perp dead to rights, with proof and all -- come on, that's how Marlena got the ball rolling to land them all in the tunnels in the first place!

Maybe Kate just sees Vivian as the largest stakeholder in BuriedAliveinaCoffinAreUs,com.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, don't worry, it's Ron. As long as he's writing, every new crisis of Abby's will cause her alters to reappear. Jessica Buchanan was supposed to have been integrated...ha!

• Love 9
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Oh, don't worry, it's Ron. As long as he's writing, every new crisis of Abby's will cause her alters to reappear. Jessica Buchanan was supposed to have been integrated...ha!

But at least we saw Jessica undergo therapy, be committed to St. Anne's for a while.  The way it played today, it seems like the show was like, "Poof, she's integrated, on to the next!".  Which, again, not.

But to your point, Abby doesn't know about Stefan raping her yet, right?  Because either she finds out and she splits back into Gabby or she's knocked up and it'll be a WTD.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

If now Abby is back to herself and has conquered the alters, it was an incredibly boring end to a storyline that was never particularly interesting in the first place

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, annabel said:

If now Abby is back to herself and has conquered the alters, it was an incredibly boring end to a storyline that was never particularly interesting in the first place

I don't think that Abigail has been integrated just yet.  She would have to remember everything that Gabby and Dr. Laura know first.  But I think today's episode showed us that she's finally gotten the strength to at least hold her alters down, as shown by how she finally had the strength to push Gabby down herself.

Edited by Prin Holmes
  • Love 4