Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Nicole's fixation on Eric is truly desperate and pathetic. I'm not in his shoes but if I even try to wrap my mind around it I would be feeling very angry and betrayed as well. Someone committed the one of the worst crimes of his dignity and body and the woman who helped hide that is whining and shouting about her love for him. He loved and trusted her. Why the hell should he not detest Nicole or have issues? He's only human. Boring bland and basic; but human. Nicole's an idiot to keep chasing him and if he gave her the time of day he'd have no standards.

Kristen is crazier than a shit house rat but the actress seemed stronger in her scenes today vs AssCole.

• Love 2

Why didn't they hire Mary Beth to be Paige.  She is so good.

The actress is good, but I still think True's doing a good job as Paige.

However, while I'm not big on Mary Beth, I think the actress could be a keeper.  They could easily tie her somehow to some long-gone black characters of the show's past like Marcus and/or Gail, if they could find some other roots for her to lay down on the canvas, too.

• Love 3

I think in the real world, Eric's pissiness towards Nicole would be totally justified. But on a show where all is forgiven in a few weeks' time for just about anything (see Sami and EJ for the most recent, and disgusting, example of that!), it's glaring when someone holds on to anger as long as he has. And Daniel. And Sami. And Victor (who hates everyone, so I guess that's not really a good example). There's an across the board hatred of Nicole in a way that's generally only reserved for the Dimeras. I don't get it, not when there are other characters who have done equally, or more, heinous shit and they're allowed to be forgiven.

Theresa's getting the same treatment, though, so I suppose she's in good company. 

• Love 1

No one in Salem should be measured against others actions in that town or others reactions to their bullshit because of cognitive dissonance of the characters and and maybe viewers and also like that's kinda how the world works. So and so only destroyed evidence of person x rape...but some other guy murdered his wife and never went to jail so that negates what happened in this completely unrelated situation? Wat? Honestly if I think a character or person was wrong it doesn't matter what the fuck another piece of shit did or how it was handled in that time.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

So Abigail has "apologized fully and completely" and "taken full responsibility", and Jenn KNOWS that Dan had to respect patient confidentiality and she CAN'T THANK HIM ENOUGH for being there for him.  Or at least so they both said today.

Jar Jar spouted her self-serving puckfluckery when she was verbally beating on Theresa, with that "I just farted and it smells like ROSES" insufferably smug look - which pretty much negates all of her pious words of humility concerning  her Dimera Bone Fest.  Then she topped it off by telling Theresa that she KNEW that eventually all of Theresa's sins would be exposed.  Such a kind heart and gentle person our Abigail is.  She has all the appeal of a six month moldy corpse with none of the folksy charm.

Speaking of moldy corpse's, we then had her dear mother.  Jenn's kind words to Dirty Dan were sort of undone by how she made it very clear that by Dan taking care of JJ first in this instead of putting Jenn ahead of her son, then he was some sort of ungrateful dirtbag who is PUNISHING HER, not taking care of her kid - free of charge, I might add.  And if he can't put her first even when it's NOT ABOUT HER, then her Horton Hoo Haw is CLOSED to him.  

And then she flounced off, probably searching for more of that bright red clown make up she's taken to wearing.  I have to say I like her hair in a bun, though.  With any luck she'll get it caught in a door and twist her head off her scrawny neck.  How much you wanna bet if that happened she STILL keep nagging someone??

I know more happened today but for the life of me I can't remember, other than Kristen and Nicole acting like two bug-eyed crazy ladies, which is absolutely nothing new.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

Personnally I don't care when EJ & Sami's love story started - that's fine that people like them - to each his own - but the minute he forced her to have sex with him before he'd save Lucas is what ruined it for me.   That does not say love to me at all (and yes maybe I am a little bitter about Lucas & Sami not ending up together)

I hate what Jennifer has turned into - she was so much more fun when she was younger - Dr. Dan seems to have sucked the fun right out of her.

• Love 3

There's a clear separation in my mind between EJ Wells/Sami and EJ Dimera/Sami. I liked the first two together a great deal, but despise the latter. Any chemistry they may have had was obliterated in my mind the moment they revealed that EJ was playing Sami. He wasn't the charming, handsome neighbor who was smitten with Sami. He was a fraud and their beginning was based on his lies. That foundation makes the rape and other awful things that happened later a lot harder for me to gloss over, and why I've never been able to see it as a love story.

(Not that I'd ever really overlook rape, but....Jesus, Show, the things you make me say!)

• Love 4

Maybe I wouldn't be so bitter if Lucas/Sami hadn't been torpedo twice at the alter of precious Ejami. Sami and Lucas were happy together and for once Sami didn't have any secrets hanging over her head. Then EJ came along and forced her to help him escape after shooting John and then raped her at gun point. Then she spent months feeling shame for what he did to her and trying to keep it a secret only for Kate to expose it at her wedding. But amazingly Sami and Lucas FINALLY got married. After over a decade of hating and loving each other they were finally happy and planning to build a life together only for them to divorce months later because of that stupid ass Dimeria vs Brady vendetta. Then they reunited again in 2012 only to break up weeks later so Sami can go on the run with EJ. EJ has done nothing but spend the last eight years causing Sami pain and misery. His "love" for her is toxic and she's better off alone than with him. 

• Love 3
So Abigail has "apologized fully and completely" and "taken full responsibility",

I'm actually okay with the amount of Abby's "suffering"--Sami told her off, she lost her job, she was outed in an article as the mistress and people wrote mean things about her on social media.  She truly believes she's suffered, so that when Chad pulls the rug out from under her smug, hypocritical ass, she'll be completely blind-sided and it will be glorious to witness her bewildered expression as Chad destroys her.  Please let this happen :)

• Love 6

Maybe I wouldn't be so bitter if Lucas/Sami hadn't been torpedo twice at the alter of precious Ejami. 

This show just doesn't do happy couples. (Unless the happy couple is Dannifer.)

I don't think Lucas & Sami were sacrificed for EJ & Sami so much as the expected victim of this show's dependence on Sami to drive story. I say this as a Sami fan, btw. The show has used "Sami does something extreme" to drive story for far, far too long. Therefore Sami has a long line of failed weddings. (I think the "green" wedding is the only one that actually went through without anyone getting arrested or showing up to steal the kids afterwards.)

I never understood why the show pushed Lucas & Sami together so quickly in 2012. It sorta screamed "dead on arrival" to me. They had history, they had issues, etc. but much like EJ & Sami this month, the plot bus drove over it at full speed to get to the next big explosion. It looked like the show put Lucas & Sami together again just so Lucas could dump her over EJ again. (Or Sami could be drawn to EJ while with Lucas, again, YMMV.) It was a waste of Lucas and didn't do Sami any favors to be declaring eternal love to Rafe, Lucas and EJ within a 12 month period. Maybe it was MarDar's fault - they did seem to be tossing everything at the wall to see what would stick.

If James Scott wasn't leaving the show I'd fully expect to see Sami reuniting with Lucas (with very little preamble either) and heading off with him. I've wanted EJ & Sami together for years and I've suffered through some of the most atrocious, plot-driven crap to get here but I feel for Lucas & Sami fans.

Rafe & Sami fans are on their own, though.

• Love 3

I’ve liked some of Sami’s pairings better than others, but I hate what being with EJ has done to Sami.  This is just such a sad exit SL for AS/Sami.  After eight years of EJ ruining Sami’s life, I wanted to see Sami destroy EJ’s.  Instead EJ has once again ruined Sami’s life, blamed her for what he did, has not suffered in any way, gets forgiven for no reason, and will once again destroy Sami’s life the first chance he gets.

• Love 2

This show just doesn't do happy couples. (Unless the happy couple is Dannifer.)

I don't think Lucas & Sami were sacrificed for EJ & Sami so much as the expected victim of this show's dependence on Sami to drive story. I say this as a Sami fan, btw. The show has used "Sami does something extreme" to drive story for far, far too long. Therefore Sami has a long line of failed weddings. (I think the "green" wedding is the only one that actually went through without anyone getting arrested or showing up to steal the kids afterwards.)

I never understood why the show pushed Lucas & Sami together so quickly in 2012. It sorta screamed "dead on arrival" to me. They had history, they had issues, etc. but much like EJ & Sami this month, the plot bus drove over it at full speed to get to the next big explosion. It looked like the show put Lucas & Sami together again just so Lucas could dump her over EJ again. (Or Sami could be drawn to EJ while with Lucas, again, YMMV.) It was a waste of Lucas and didn't do Sami any favors to be declaring eternal love to Rafe, Lucas and EJ within a 12 month period. Maybe it was MarDar's fault - they did seem to be tossing everything at the wall to see what would stick.

If James Scott wasn't leaving the show I'd fully expect to see Sami reuniting with Lucas (with very little preamble either) and heading off with him. I've wanted EJ & Sami together for years and I've suffered through some of the most atrocious, plot-driven crap to get here but I feel for Lucas & Sami fans.

Rafe & Sami fans are on their own, though.

See, I think they were sacrificed in the sense that most couples who go through hell with each other and are finally allowed to be together at least get a little bit of time as a "happy couple", before the drama begins again.  For any fan who was invested in Sami/Lucas for over ten years it just seems like a let down that they finally got both characters to a place where they can have a healthy relationship then to undo it right when it was getting started.  This is also my issue with writers thinking the only way to drive plot with a couple is to break them up. 

Sami and Lucas had a long history that included a solid friendship and scheming together.  I would of much rather seen Sami and Lucas return to their teenage ways and cause trouble as a committed couple than to have them break up just when they found happiness.

Hell, Kate and Stefano were allowed to have a longer happier marriage than Sami and Lucas.  Even Sami's marriage to Rafe was her longest happiest marriage. So it's not like the writers can't have Sami in a good marriage for plot purposes when they need to.

• Love 4

I always figured Bryan Datillo was sacrificed for Galen Gering, more than anything else. I never understood why GG had to be on the show, or alternatively, why the show couldn't have both BD and GG on the show, with GG paired with someone else (I.e Hope?). EJ's existence on the show made sense to me in the sense that EJ Wells/Dimera was an immediate hit from the moment he opened that door to Sami, and regardless of whether you hate him or love him, JS actually has many fans. 

The show could have easily had a drawn out triangle with EJ/Sami/Lucas, but.....then Rafe came on the show and the triangle that made more sense seemed to go into another orbit with Rafe. Who knows where Sami would have wound up in the long run, but the EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle made sense -- Lucas had reason to hate EJ, and EJ is EJ. Rafe's animosity towards EJ probably made sense after he looked at his FBI file (although who knows if there were actual charges on there), but the desire to have EJ's kids was odd to say the least. Did we ever see Lucas having that kind of wacko obsession despite the fact he actually has kids with Sami and his kids share lineage with EJ's kids through Sami?

I assume they're going to try and mimic the Safe and EJami mess with Chad/Abigail/Ben. I'm trying to decide who I find more boring - Ben or Rafe. But Rafe at least seems somewhat interesting when he's doing cop business (btw, is he currently unemployed? It seems like he has no job while Hope handles all the cases and Roman is off getting fillers and botox).  Or maybe Ben is supposed to be Emilio, but with less bad hair? If they gave really terrible hair to Ben, I suppose I could look past Abigail's annoyingness to focus all of my wrath on Ben. When Jennifer was trying to woo Jack while still being engaged to Emilio, I assume I was able to completely overlook and still see Jennifer as an innocent because of how utterly attrocious Emilio's hair was. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I agree, I was surprised by Rafe when he first came on the show.  It seemed like TPTB were acknowledging that they screwed up Sami and Lucas for EJ, but instead of going back to that it was like they wanted to prove a point by having Sami get with a "good" guy, who she has no history with as a big contrast to EJ.

Considering Sami's history I'm always amazed that she lasted as long with Rafe as she did.  I also think at that time Sami made a conscious effort to make a go with a "good" guy after things imploded with Lucas and she just went through hell with EJ. 

This is why I always thought that Lucas was a better fit on the spectrum of good and bad, with EJ and Rafe being at either end.  Lucas is mostly good and matured since his teen years but not above scheming with Sami for a greater good.

• Love 5

I always figured Bryan Datillo was sacrificed for Galen Gering, more than anything else. I never understood why GG had to be on the show, or alternatively, why the show couldn't have both BD and GG on the show, with GG paired with someone else (I.e Hope?). EJ's existence on the show made sense to me in the sense that EJ Wells/Dimera was an immediate hit from the moment he opened that door to Sami, and regardless of whether you hate him or love him, JS actually has many fans. 

The show could have easily had a drawn out triangle with EJ/Sami/Lucas, but.....then Rafe came on the show and the triangle that made more sense seemed to go into another orbit with Rafe. Who knows where Sami would have wound up in the long run, but the EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle made sense -- Lucas had reason to hate EJ, and EJ is EJ. Rafe's animosity towards EJ probably made sense after he looked at his FBI file (although who knows if there were actual charges on there), but the desire to have EJ's kids was odd to say the least. Did we ever see Lucas having that kind of wacko obsession despite the fact he actually has kids with Sami and his kids share lineage with EJ's kids through Sami?

I assume they're going to try and mimic the Safe and EJami mess with Chad/Abigail/Ben. I'm trying to decide who I find more boring - Ben or Rafe. 

So much word to this. The EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle would still be running if the show had any guts and they'd ditched the "Sami needs to be worthy of Lucas" stuff. I totally buy into the Sami/Lucas friendship born of years of knowing each other including/especially the best and worst of each other. Having that solidify into a enduring love is pure soapy goodness. They'd try to be better people but scheme when necessary - I'd have been on board with that. Add in EJ Dimera as the dark side that Sami feels a strong attraction to, who lures her to the dark side while EJ occasionally tries to ease up on the evil to win Sami. That's a triangle made of soapy goodness.

Instead we got Rafe. Rafe never worked for me as a character. It felt more like a Galen Gering employment initiative than a welcome addition to the canvas. Sami with Lucas (at it's best, for me) tried to be more mature. Sami with Rafe was smug, boring and clad in plaid flannel. To make Sami and Rafe interesting, EJ had to do increasingly insane stuff that should have ended with him doing hard time or dead instead of running for mayor. At least with Dannifer it's usually short term characters who come in to do insane crap to make them look interesting. 

I hated Rafe & Sami together. Hated. Hated. HATED. I'd rather see Sami with Daniel than with Rafe. That's how much I hate them. Heck, I'd rather see Sami with Slapigail.

• Love 4

I rooted for Sami/Rafe because I couldn't get Sami/Lucas and Rafe is a better alternative to EJ. And while Rafe was judgmental and obnoxious at times and a hypocrite during that crap with Carrie, I do think he really loved Sami and had good intentions in his hope for her to mature. Not to be "worthy" of him but for herself and her kids. I also don't think Rafe wanted her to become 100% good. He would probably deny it but I think a part of him liked (some) of her mischievous ways and he demonstrated several times that he was willing to scheme and commit crimes with/for her when necessary. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

Oh Rafe is a total drama queen.  I mean that in a good way.  He is totally attracted to complicated women. Sami, Kate, Nicole, even Carrie is complicated.  Jordan is probably the most "demure" at least on the surface.

• Love 2

I wasn't for Sami and Rafe, because I think Rafe is dullsville, but I wanted the show to make a decision and stick with it. I can deal with couplings I don't like as long as I don't have to deal with all this unnecessary ping-ponging. The Ejabby thing was annoying to watch because the show seemed to want to keep all options open,  and as a consequence, made it seem as if they wrote both EJabby and EJami in a drunk-Red-Bull-fueld all-nighter.

I'm not opposed to triangles either, but the triangles in this decade have been written weirdly. When Bo was trying to decide between Hope and Billie, or Hope and Carly, I didn't find myself quite as annoyed. Then again, I probably wasn't as invested in Bo's love life. Still, at least before Hope took those pills and tried to kill Bo, the triangles didn't seem quite as weird. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I wasn't for Sami and Rafe, because I think Rafe is dullsville, but I wanted the show to make a decision and stick with it. I can deal with couplings I don't like as long as I don't have to deal with all this unnecessary ping-ponging. The Ejabby thing was annoying to watch because the show seemed to want to keep all options open,  and as a consequence, made it seem as if they wrote both EJabby and EJami in a drunk-Red-Bull-fueld all-nighter.

I'm not opposed to triangles either, but the triangles in this decade have been written weirdly. When Bo was trying to decide between Hope and Billie, or Hope and Carly, I didn't find myself quite as annoyed. Then again, I probably wasn't as invested in Bo's love life. Still, at least before Hope took those pills and tried to kill Bo, the triangles didn't seem quite as weird. 

Those triangles were great because both relationships were valid in their own right and you could actually see why the middle person would be torn. Also the writers back then didn't telegraph who the good or bad person was, or who the clear interloper was.  That was when you could invest in a relationship and they were given time to grow. 

No one cared about Abby in a triangle with Chad and Cameron because she barely had a relationship with either.  Also the better story was Chad and Cameron, and their relationship considering their parents spent a majority of their lives together.  That is where the focus should been.

• Love 1

Maybe if Nicole would go away for awhile and stopped harassing Eric I would be more inclined to care whether or not he forgave her. Every time he turns around there she is crying, telling him she loves him, begging for another chance and just acting like a pathetic freak. If she really loved him she would give him the number of a good shrink and then get out of his face until he's ready to talk to her.

I think if Nicole had done as you say, the storyline would be much more bearable.  She apologized but she acts like he should get over it immediately because she said she was sorry.  It would be to her credit if she left him alone until he was okay with her again.  But also, it really pisses me off how she can't just LET HIM GO! Why would she want to be with a guy that treats her like the mud on his shoe and thinks that sex is icky-poo.  Obviously Eric's got some big issues to deal with and Nicole would be smart to steer clear of him.

• Love 4

I think if Nicole had done as you say, the storyline would be much more bearable.  She apologized but she acts like he should get over it immediately because she said she was sorry.  It would be to her credit if she left him alone until he was okay with her again.  But also, it really pisses me off how she can't just LET HIM GO! Why would she want to be with a guy that treats her like the mud on his shoe and thinks that sex is icky-poo.  Obviously Eric's got some big issues to deal with and Nicole would be smart to steer clear of him.

I don't know if I want the word "bearable" anywhere near this craptastic story. This time last year I was swooning over Eric/Nicole scenes. There was so much material there. Nicole had truly matured, she wasn't sabotaging herself at every turn. She was still snarky and a woman with a healthy sexual appetite. Eric was hot in the collar. All good. The wedding reveal should have driven story for months. Instead ... Nicole shredded the documents. Has no one in this town learned how to use a match? Now Nicole keeps begging Eric to forgive her (the return of doormat Nicole, how fabulous) and Eric is basically a jerk who talks to statues. Yes, he's a gorgeous looking jerk and if he ever had to a heart-to-heart with EJ in the Dimera sauna I'd probably forgive most of it but the story would still suck. 

In other news: is Hope going to tell every single person in Salem, one at a time, that she's divorcing Bo?

• Love 3

So we get treated to yet another EJ/Sami sex scene and once again EJ doesn't have a heart attack and die. I wish Kate would poison him. 

I hope Chad is smart enough to know that any article Will writes about him will be filled with lies and biased opinions presented as fact, backed up with ill-gotten "evidence". 

Ugh of course now Marlena wants to act supportive. If she really loved Sami she would kill EJ. 

Someone get Theresa some xanax. 

• Love 2

Did EJ confess to the same thing that Sami and EJ had been talking over and over again in December? And why did he looked shock that Sami knew? Seriously, why did he looked shocked? Weren't they screaming and fighting in the Dimera mansion which led to the sex freeze BECAUSE Sami knew?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Did EJ confess to the same thing that Sami and EJ had been talking over and over again in December? And why did he looked shock that Sami knew? Seriously, why did he looked shocked? Weren't they screaming and fighting in the Dimera mansion which led to the sex freeze BECAUSE Sami knew.

Yes, indeedy, and don't forget they rehashed the whole thing again, complete with apology/explanation back in February when the freeze ended. These means that EJ has now officially apologized for this more than for anything he's actually done. Well done, show. 

• Love 3

This SL was pointless.  EJ could have told Sami the truth, which she already knew, in December.  Instead EJ completely betrayed Sami in every way, and just when the SL finally got good with Kate/Sami's revenge, the writers tossed everything out the window.  Now Sami is EJ's doormat, EJ got a free pass for everything, didn't have to accept responsibility for anything, and actually has the nerve and arrogance to lecture other people about their behavior.  What's worse is I have no doubt if Corday could have persuaded AS and JS to stay that EJ would be with the boring twit with a new baby on the way, Sami's life would be completely destroyed again, and Sami would be the bad guy getting blamed for what EJ and the pathetic side piece did.

Not only, did AS/Sami deserve a better exit SL, but I have a horrible suspicion that if EJ does die, he will be made out to be some kind of martyr/hero.  This SL should have been Sami/Kate getting rid of Stefano EJ forever, Sami leaving Salem with her children, learning to enjoy life without a man, and if she ever gets married again it's to a guy who fits into her life that she doesn't have to turn herself inside out to please.  However, it's been about EJ, the boring twit, and Corday humiliating Sami as much as he possibly could.

Corday seems to like to degrade the women on this show - Sami, Nicole, Theresa, Kate.

So now Kristen and Stefano are joking about Kristen raping Eric.  Corday and the writers are just loathsome.

I'm trying to remember why I liked Marlena back in the 80s.  She is a lousy mother to both Eric and Sami.

I think PR/Bo may have actually lucked out.  They gave him a horrible exit, but it could have been worse.

• Love 6

I was so disappointed that Jawn woke up the way he did.  I was hoping that this time it would be HIM who woke up as Princess Gina.  He's about Hope's height, so he could totally carry off wearing that gown she danced with Aiden in.  I fail to see why a secret drug concocted by Stefano's people couldn't have had this side effect.

We might even have had the pleasure of seeing him making googly eyes at Brady while teetering in Hope's pumps, clutching one of Marlena's giant pocket books to his heaving bosom.  Oh well.......

So, you think Theresa is in his room to give him a botox booster??

Sneasel certainly isn't Woodward and Bernstein, is he?   For being such a "great" writer, so far he's done one hatchet job on his mother, and now he's going to do a fluff piece on Chad.  I do not see a Pulitzer in his future anytime soon.  But then again, I don't see much other than a Hamster Wheel and a water bottle attached to his cage in his future either.

So you think he uses his mouthful of Sneasel teeth to type out his articles?  I feel for Sonny, having to clean up all those little pellet droppings of his.  I only hope that Sonny has put rodent guards on all the power cords or Sneasel might end up barbecued.

Do you all think that the hospital sells statues of Dirty Dan in the gift shop, because this guy is DA BOMB - right??  After all, he very humbly took credit for giving Jawn a drug completely created by Stefano.  ALL he did was give it to him - he didn't make it, he didn't find it, he didn't blow it out his ass.  But he sure knows how to take credit for it.  The man really DOES act like a surgeon.

I love Caroline.  No snark, I just do.  Such a great character, not the kind soaps invest much anymore.  

I'm glad Hope started by telling Caroline.  Poor Kristian Alfonso needs to have a scene where she actually gets to smile,

Edited by boes
  • Love 5
I was so disappointed that Jawn woke up the way he did.  I was hoping that this time it would be HIM who woke up as Princess Gina.

This would have made my years of watching this show pay off.  Princess Gina wore a pink ball gown and a tiara, I'd want the whole picture.  

Robot Jawn from the last time Jawn had a head injury was fun too.  Pair him with Ciara and Theo and I'd be happy, even without the ballgown.

• Love 2

I feel like I'm constantly behind a few days... I'm baby-sitting my niece and nephews, or working late or whatever. This week... I've been a glutton for Outlander's Wedding episode.

Shut up.

Anyway, Eve's "Knowledge is Power" thing the other day is my favorite thing in a long time. Also her basically telling Theresa to take a breath and stop acting so damned guilty. Seriously, I want to play poker with Theresa. Easiest wins ever.

I also got a kick out drunk Nicole getting in Kristen's face for a red hot second before that went downhill. But I do wonder how long they're going to have Nicole begging for scraps. She needs something else to do while he deals with this shit because, as it is, it's really really sad and accomplishing nothing.

Does Daniel remind anyone else of Bill Lumburgh from Office Space? It can't just be me.

• Love 2

Does Daniel remind anyone else of Bill Lumburgh from Office Space? It can't just be me.

You're right!  And I never would have put my finger on it but now that you mention it.....especially when he's dealing with Anne and JJ.  And his "That'd be great", and 'ooookayyyy".

Horrors!  

• Love 2

Jawn as Gina would be horrifying/awesome.  I just hate feeling like he'll get a pass over his awful seduction of Kristin plot because he went through a coma.  And wasn't Marlena starting to sniff around Roman again?

Today was an almost eventful episode!  Plenty happened for a change....

Is anyone else counting down the seconds until we see Susan again???

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I rooted for Sami/Rafe because I couldn't get Sami/Lucas and Rafe is a better alternative to EJ. And while Rafe was judgmental and obnoxious at times and a hypocrite during that crap with Carrie, I do think he really loved Sami and had good intentions in his hope for her to mature. Not to be "worthy" of him but for herself and her kids. I also don't think Rafe wanted her to become 100% good. He would probably deny it but I think a part of him liked (some) of her mischievous ways and he demonstrated several times that he was willing to scheme and commit crimes with/for her when necessary. 

But, but, but....he turned her into a lumberjack! 

A lumberjack who drank beer from a bottle, with no job, living in a shoe with her 50 kids and a pretty box of hair. 

With E ...Kate, she's in dresses, living in a mansion, snarking and drinking cocktails while plotting revenge.

No contest.

; )

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 5

But, but, but....he turned her into a lumberjack! 

A lumberjack who drank beer from a bottle, with no job, living in a shoe with her 50 kids and a pretty box of hair. 

OMG, isn't that the truth! I hated the way they lived with their kids all crammed into that tiny apartment and Rafe sitting on that couch with his King of the Roost smirk and Sami begging him to let her get a job. I don't watch soap operas to see characters living like Real People do!!

• Love 5

Word to whoever said Marlena supporting Sami felt hollow.  She skipped the wedding, so why the sudden change, especially AFTER EJ's affair came out??  And did Sami ever once stop by the hospital to see John?  She had no interest in his situation.  Very hollow to smile like you care when you don't.  Its like the writers flew unto Happy Ending mode for Sami....so naturally she is suddenly on good terms with Mar.

Why is Mar in an arm brace?

I remember reading something about Deidre Hall having some kind of accident & that's why her arm is in a sling (don't remember exactly what happened though)

Be interesting to see what happens with the article on Chad

The scenes with John & Brady were sweet - for some reason I do enjoy seeing them together. 

• Love 2

Word to whoever said Marlena supporting Sami felt hollow.  She skipped the wedding, so why the sudden change, especially AFTER EJ's affair came out??  And did Sami ever once stop by the hospital to see John?  She had no interest in his situation.  

Sami stopped by the hospital one time that we saw after the accident.  She was more emotional and supportive of Marlena in that scene than Marlena was of her the one time we saw Marlena visit her after the EJ/Abigail sporting event was revealed.

Maybe Mar is on a Vicodin high right now.

• Love 3

Word to whoever said Marlena supporting Sami felt hollow.  She skipped the wedding, so why the sudden change, especially AFTER EJ's affair came out??  And did Sami ever once stop by the hospital to see John?  She had no interest in his situation.  Very hollow to smile like you care when you don't.  Its like the writers flew unto Happy Ending mode for Sami....so naturally she is suddenly on good terms with Mar.

When Marlena did her "all I've every wanted is for you to be happy" speech my first thought was "EJ is a dead man walking." This will make Marlena and Rotox seem merely egregiously hypocritical instead of outrageously hypocritical when they comfort Sami in her "grief." Ok, I also thought, "Damn the prospect of getting a little John action sure cheered Mar up." 

I'm weary of this show's utter inability to write a decent reconciliation. I've accepted the EJ/Sami reconciliation as being part of their exit but what's the excuse for John & Marlena? A coma? It's not like it's his first time at that rodeo. 

Will is appalling. His clothing. His immobile hair. His "career." His whining. Has Sonny noticed that he's basically Will's parent rather than his husband? Die, Will, die.

• Love 4
Will is appalling. His clothing. His immobile hair. His "career." His whining. Has Sonny noticed that he's basically Will's parent rather than his husband? Die, Will, die.

Yes, this. Those stupid, ill-fitting grandpa sweaters are terrible.  His hair is atrocious.  And that silly swagger thing he does is just ... awful.  I'm tempted to say it's the recast, but CM's Will was also whiny and poorly dressed.  Will sucks, period.  I have no idea what Sonny sees in him. 

But Sonny is not without problems either, IMO.  FS is adorable, but I don't buy Sonny as worldly and sophisticated.  I don't know if it's the actor or the writing.  Whatever it is, Sonny needs to be more than Will's handholder and cheerleader.

• Love 5

When Marlena did her "all I've every wanted is for you to be happy" speech my first thought was "EJ is a dead man walking." This will make Marlena and Rotox seem merely egregiously hypocritical instead of outrageously hypocritical when they comfort Sami in her "grief."

I will gladly accept Marlena and Roman being hypocrites if it means EJ ends up dead for real. 

• Love 3

I miss the days when all I had to complain about where Will is concerned is that he was a spineless idiot who would never be outed as EJ's shooter (well, one of them). He's just a horrible character now. I don't care for GW in the role, but he's only a tiny part of the problem. Will's just being written as an awful, awful person.

And again, I have to wonder why the writers choose to ignore the obvious story here: Sonny is Will's parent because Will never learned how to take care of himself. That should be causing problems in their relationship and it could have fed into Will's resentment of Sami (and Lucas, but that would mean they'd actually have to write for BD, too), which would be a better reason for outing Sami in his article than wanting to protect Abby.

Which once again brings me to my complete disappointment in the way that AS's exit is being handled. Seriously. There are just so many loose ends and fences that needed mending. They could have told the story they want to tell without wasting so much time on things that didn't matter in the end  (putting EJ in jail, bitching about Abby). Even the good things about it ended up a disappointment; Sami teaming up with Kate, as awesome as it was has ended in a way that makes me wish it never happened at all. Really, Sami? Choosing EJ over Kate?  I'd have traded all of that away to see Sami and her parents reconcile, to see Will realize that his mother is flawed and insane, but loves him, and to see a slew of nostalgic conversations between Sami and Lucas. Yes, I'm selfish, because I wanted Sami to go out on a good note, one that reminded me that she used to be one of my favorite characters.

• Love 6

How much did I love Abby's being supremely bitchy to EJ with her "You don't get to know about my life ANYMORE!"  as if the poor man has just been yearning to know all about her.  News flash dear, he was just being polite, asking if you're happy--that's how civilized people behave.  Anyone could see that he was eager to get back to Sami and away from the shrew--I just loved her face when she realized that EJ had been buying jewelry for Sami and meanwhile she's meeting Ben in the park with homemade chocolate chip cookies.  I wonder how long it will be before she's trading Ben in for Chad because Abby knows she deserves the finer things in life.

I think Kate is genuinely worried about Sami but what can she do?  Sami's convinced that EJ is sincere.

I can actually appreciate the fact that Hope doesn't want to cause Caroline any extra pain when it comes to Bo but how long is she supposed to wait around for Bo to get back to Salem?

• Love 6

I'm very upset that the Sami/Kate relationship is crumbling. The one thing these writers did right and they went and fucked it up so Sami could get back with that stupid bastard. Fuck EJ. 

The Mistress is SO MAD that EJ and Sami are back together (ugh). Did you see her face? She is SICK. STFU you filthy hyena. Can someone please explain to her the concept of being a mistress? She doesn't seem to get it. 

Ugh so now Chad is trying to play Kate? Kate and Chad teaming up was all a lie? I guess the writers can't give me even one thing to look forward to. 

It's unfortunate that Ben and The Mistress didn't choke on those raggedy cookies. 

• Love 2

Well, I can see why JS and AS asked the writers if they could write the renewal vows for Ejami. After that repetitive, boring and useless conversation between EJ and Abigail (haven't they both said the this same junk before??), they were probably afraid the writers might find a way to have Abigail attend the renewal vow ceremony!

What is up with the repetition on this show?? Sometimes even the dialogue sounds exactly the same, give or take a few words here and there...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Even the good things about it ended up a disappointment; Sami teaming up with Kate, as awesome as it was has ended in a way that makes me wish it never happened at all. Really, Sami? Choosing EJ over Kate?

This was one of the things I was thinking about while listening to Sami caterwauling while EJ was tickling her the other day. The other thing I was thinking about was that I need a new washing machine and whatever washing appliance they were using on the show to get the titanic level Exxon Valdez grease stains JS was no doubt leaving behind on the sheets and pillowcases - I. WANTS. NOW. 

For the life of me I can't wrap my mind around every one behind the scenes knowing the timeline of both the actors leaving and thinking this story would be a good idea. I hate ejami with the force of the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs so don't tempt my tummy with the taste of nuts and honey. Hell, I would rather they had just kept ejami together until the end and just tie up Sami life than do what they did. Don't show me the beauty and perfection of kami united in solidarity in destroying all things Dimera, only to turn around weeks later and end it on a whimper. Seriously, I think the end of it was Sami saying she didn't want to end up lonely and bitter and Kate saying it was every man for himself.  That was it. After weeks of kickassedness we get this farty ending. Next we had Sami making sad, mournful, faces with quivery lips at EJ and EJ assuming his usually bitchmade position - on his knees in front of Sami begging. 

That ladies and gentlemen is one of Days biggest problems - no payoff. no money shot. Weeks of investment to wind up in the same damn position Ejami always winds up in with no real growth or exposition. That is why they just spit words at each that make no damn sense and seemed repetitive. Might as well have been reading from a teleprompter being fed dialogue from a random word generator for all the import it had. 

• Love 7

Seriously, Chad is playing Kate.  The one person who he actually liked from the Dimera Family now that Lexi is gone.  Have the writers forgot that Chad always preferred Kate to Stefano.  It's one thing if they don't have him chose sides between Kate and Stefano but they could have kept him neutral and close to both.

• Love 6

That ladies and gentlemen is one of Days biggest problems - no payoff. no money shot. Weeks of investment to wind up in the same damn position Ejami always winds up in with no real growth or exposition. That is why they just spit words at each that make no damn sense and seemed repetitive. Might as well have been reading from a teleprompter being fed dialogue from a random word generator for all the import it had. 

I say this as an unabashed Ejami fan: Word. This makes Carly's return look like Chekov. So much suckage.

I loved Kami but I'm still pissed that Kate's motivation is allegedly her righteous rage that Stefano wanted to have Rafe's soul-restoring-peen removed. He forced her to become a prostitute. Blackmailed her into marriage. Dumped her over Ian. But the prospect of dickless Rafe is what's fueling her fire. Kate don't need no stinking Rafe.  

Why couldn't we have more scenes of Kami planning to torture Abby prior to the reveal? Why couldn't they mess with her without revealing their hand? 

In conclusion: more Kami, less Slappy.

• Love 6