Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I love that there are ornaments that have gotten retired :)

Julie believes that--Nick is "dear, sweet Nick" and while she seems to have dialed it back recently, Julie did not hesitate in saying something nasty to Gabi--one of his victims-- every time she saw her and to me, that's just as appalling.  I think it would be different if Nick's parents were still on the show and able to show their pain because right now, we have three of Nick's victims actively living in Salem, all three are genuinely nice, hardworking people and it's difficult to show Nick in any sort of a sympathetic light.  At least to me :)

To me though the two aren't mutually inclusive.  I can hate what they did to the Nick character and hate/dislike him for his behavior but that doesn't mean Gabi's behavior doesn't have consequences, and or refute the fact that Nick has family who did care about him and maybe honoring his killer in their family tradition isn't something that should be done.

The reality is that Gabi for a  lot of Nick's schemes was a willing participant and it wasn't until toward the end that she was at odds with him.  The first time Gabi thought she "killed" Nick was in self defense, the second time was in cold blood.  I'm not in favor of Gabi being ostracized or having the Nick situation thrown in her face but I have never had an issue with Julie not liking Gabi. 

I also think it is in poor taste for her to have an ornament on the tree if her only connection is Ari's mom.  Now if she marries JJ or Eli, or any other Horton down the line I'm fine with it.  There are just some situations that are delicate in nature and just go beyond general right or wrong. 

Again, I say this as someone who loves Gabi and have no ill will over her shooting Nick.  But I can still realize that she did it in cold blood, was convicted for it, and there are delicate feelings there.

• Love 3

I thought I posted this in the UO thread then realized it was in the wrong thread so deleted it.  The reason I bring it up is Abe’s crying about not believing Theo is going to be okay reminded me of my UO.   I totally understand Abe’s anger.  The fact that he doesn’t even have hope for his son just makes his anger stronger.   And although I don’t think we are supposed to take sides here in a way it does seem like more people are concerned withJJ then Theo.  That must hurt Abe in a way.   

Although I loved Gabby helping JJ I did really want his mom to help him.  Parent/child bond is so strong.  Jennifer definitely knows her son is in pain.  I don’t understand her not going to him.  However I did enjoy her scene with Abe. 

I agree with the poster who said John and Marlena are missed in this story they should be there for Abe and Claire.  JMHO 

• Love 1

I really didn't get Lani's jumping to whatever conclusion she jumped to regarding JJ and Gabi. JJ and Gabi are friends. Being in love with JJ means that she knows perfectly well he is not in a good place. More like a shoot first, ask questions later. JJ also broke up with her, and she should have some clue that he is not healthy and is suffering from guilt and depression. Too easy to jump in to another man's arms. Just let it be and ask JJ when he can tell you why Gabi was there. Geez.

Gabi is right about JJ needing counselling and to talk to Marlena about a referral to someone who can help him. Like the next day.

The Kiriakis mansion sure got a quick re-do. Normally that type of work would take a few weeks.

Sonny, give Will a break. Let him decide if he wants you in his life.

Jennifer was right to bring up Abe's past. No it isn't exactly the same, but Abe went though a similar experience.

Eve and Brady? Well.....

• Love 5

"Maybe Theo will have a Christmas miracle...like I did last year!" Oh STFU you narcissistic twit. There's nothing miraculous about you coming back to town last year. You were never actually dead or in any danger. You certainly weren't in a coma. Theo got shot and is in a coma and none of that is his choosing. You are such a nimrod Abigail.

I realize it's supposed to be kind or empathetic of Julie and Doug to show up at the hospital to encourage Abe to come to their party, but I'm guessing that's just about the last thing he wanted to see: two people excited for their big family gathering dressed in red and green offering the Hallmark movie olive branch to someone in pain. Of course Abe needed to stay at the hospital. What the hell were they thinking?

I also found Julie's token acknowledgement of Will's existence supremely bizarre. I really thought this show would be rolling out the red carpet for Will once he made it back to Salem by showing all the characters having individual reactions and conversations about it. Instead, it's only his immediate family that seems to have any involvement in his return. It definitely seems like Abigail's prolonged Return To Town With a Giant Black Hat storyline played out longer and with more ripples. I'm happy for Eli to be included of course but I definitely expected people to be astonished to finally see Will in the flesh. This is his first family gathering.

The redone Kiriakis mansion looks a million times better.

I totally saw it coming, but I can't understate how deeply I hate Eve and Brady hooking up in any way shape or form, especially the way they've developed it this far. Him wanting to slap her across the face and being an alcoholic again and her staying in the mansion just to screw with people even though that makes her seem really pathetic, all the while supposedly having been married to Deimos and supposedly giving a damn about Basic Black...it is all so weird. The only way I could buy Eve's interest in the company as a legitimate character trait is if they had made a point of stating that Eve wanted it to be successful because it mattered so much to her sister Theresa. But I don't think I've heard her say that. Nor have we heard a peep from her about her music career. When she couldn't repair her voice she became a teacher, and now apparently she's lost her job and completely turned her back on music altogether? Lazy writing there, Ron...

All I really wanted to see this Christmas was John and Marlena's whole family at their townhouse. I would have so loved for a few scenes with Belle, Sami, Will, Claire, Eric, Tate and maybe even Carrie and Roman as well.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

I didn't get to watch yesterday, but just reading the recap, it doesn't sound very Christmas-y.  I get the continuation of JJ/Gabi, which I guess lead to Lani/Eli, and we saw Jennifer confront Abe on Thursday. 

But EVE & BRADY.  A complete non-couple got day-before-Christmas scenes! Why wasn't Brady hanging stockings on the fireplace with Tate?  Or visiting with John & Marlena.  

Did I see there were flashbacks from Will/Sonny. Sorry I missed them, as I wasn't watching back then.

I guess Monday will be the hospital Christmas scenes, which hopefully will include Steve and Kayla. And maybe some followup on Tuesday.   Then onto New Year's Eve.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I didn't get to watch yesterday, but just reading the recap, it doesn't sound very Christmas-y.  I get the continuation of JJ/Gabi, which I guess lead to Lani/Eli, and we saw Jennifer confront Abe on Thursday. 

But EVE & BRADY.  A complete non-couple got day-before-Christmas scenes! Why wasn't Brady hanging stockings on the fireplace with Tate?  Or visiting with John & Marlena.  

Did I see there were flashbacks from Will/Sonny. Sorry I missed them, as I wasn't watching back then.

I guess Monday will be the hospital Christmas scenes, which hopefully will include Steve and Kayla. And maybe some followup on Tuesday.   Then onto New Year's Eve.

Brady hanging out with Jarlena and Paul was done offscreen. Ron is the king of not showing us the little moments in a story, but, telling us. Brady should have scenes with Belle, Claire, Eric, Shawn-Douglas.  Belle should be trying to get her brothers to get along on Christmas.  Sami should have had scenes with Brady as well.  The show is determined to leave him in a Kiriakis bubble.  Isabella is spinning in her grave. While she wanted John to let Victor be around Brady after she died. She would never approve of Victor corrupting her son.  Isabella always kept Victor at arms length. When Marlena came back from the dead. She thought it was Victor playing games with her life with Rojohn. 

Shawn-Douglas should be interacting with the Brady family.  Has he even had a scene with Will?  Will coming back from the dead should have had the Brady family talking and reminiscing about Bo.. What about Caroline? At some point, the show should address this.. Has Caroline spoken to Will? It is these details that are annoying me.  Families don't interact, unless, it serves the plot du jour.

I am bored with the show.  There is no exciting story.  I am not happy with the couples. I am happy that Will is back, but, living at the K mansion is stupid.   It would have made sense to keep him at Marlena's.  While he and Sonny are trying to put their lives back together. Wilson would keep on running into Paul over there  because of John.  This could have led to sexual tension between Horita or Paulson.  It would ironic if Sonny became aware of the Horita sexual tension and begins to scheme against Paul.  Jarlena  should be involved, since they experienced this, once upon a time..

The Theo story was everything that I knew that it would be.  Awful and offensive.  Ron should not write stories that deal with sensitive issues that pertains to Black people. He once said that he did not know how to write for Black people. This Theo story is proof of that.

Chabby is boring. I like Chad, but, I dislike Abby.  

Ciara is over the top bitchy. She needs layers.  I like the actress.    I hope she makes Rafe miserable. I will love her even more, if she destroys Rope.

I like Lani. She has grown on me.  I like her with JJ. 

Eli is a beautiful man.  I wish that the show would develop him more.  Give us more information about his backstory.  The show should bring back David's other son and have them bond as brothers. 

David should come back and interact with Julie and Eli.  Perhaps Valerie reconnects with David. Anna coming back to mix it up with David would add another layer to their story. David and Anna have a history.  Plus, you also have Abe.  

The show needs to remember that JJ is also a Johnson.  Steve, Adrienne, Justin, Kayla, and Sonny should be involved in the JJ storyline.  I wish that Jo Johnson would come back. Erika Slezak would be my ideal recast..  Viki Buchanan and Jo Johnson were very different women and I think that Erika would rock it.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, BF4L said:

Loving Brady and Eve but hope she actually sees through him here. 

They will fall for each other, just in time for a certain character's return. So predictable.. I liked Eve with Gabi's dad.. They should have bonded over Paige's death. Usually, the death of a child, breaks up a couple. It could have been the reverse with them..

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

They will fall for each other, just in time for a certain character's return. So predictable.. I liked Eve with Gabi's dad.. They should have bonded over Paige's death. Usually, the death of a child, breaks up a couple. It could have been the reverse with them..

Although I liked AM, I didn’t think he and KDP had much chemistry at all.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Brady hanging out with Jarlena and Paul was done offscreen. Ron is the king of not showing us the little moments in a story, but, telling us. Brady should have scenes with Belle, Claire, Eric, Shawn-Douglas.  Belle should be trying to get her brothers to get along on Christmas.  Sami should have had scenes with Brady as well.  The show is determined to leave him in a Kiriakis bubble.  Isabella is spinning in her grave. While she wanted John to let Victor be around Brady after she died. She would never approve of Victor corrupting her son.  Isabella always kept Victor at arms length. When Marlena came back from the dead. She thought it was Victor playing games with her life with Rojohn. 

Shawn-Douglas should be interacting with the Brady family.  Has he even had a scene with Will?  Will coming back from the dead should have had the Brady family talking and reminiscing about Bo.. What about Caroline? At some point, the show should address this.. Has Caroline spoken to Will? It is these details that are annoying me.  Families don't interact, unless, it serves the plot du jour.

I am bored with the show.  There is no exciting story.  I am not happy with the couples. I am happy that Will is back, but, living at the K mansion is stupid.   It would have made sense to keep him at Marlena's.  While he and Sonny are trying to put their lives back together. Wilson would keep on running into Paul over there  because of John.  This could have led to sexual tension between Horita or Paulson.  It would ironic if Sonny became aware of the Horita sexual tension and begins to scheme against Paul.  Jarlena  should be involved, since they experienced this, once upon a time..

The Theo story was everything that I knew that it would be.  Awful and offensive.  Ron should not write stories that deal with sensitive issues that pertains to Black people. He once said that he did not know how to write for Black people. This Theo story is proof of that.

Chabby is boring. I like Chad, but, I dislike Abby.  

Ciara is over the top bitchy. She needs layers.  I like the actress.    I hope she makes Rafe miserable. I will love her even more, if she destroys Rope.

I like Lani. She has grown on me.  I like her with JJ. 

Eli is a beautiful man.  I wish that the show would develop him more.  Give us more information about his backstory.  The show should bring back David's other son and have them bond as brothers. 

David should come back and interact with Julie and Eli.  Perhaps Valerie reconnects with David. Anna coming back to mix it up with David would add another layer to their story. David and Anna have a history.  Plus, you also have Abe.  

The show needs to remember that JJ is also a Johnson.  Steve, Adrienne, Justin, Kayla, and Sonny should be involved in the JJ storyline.  I wish that Jo Johnson would come back. Erika Slezak would be my ideal recast..  Viki Buchanan and Jo Johnson were very different women and I think that Erika would rock it.. 

David is actually dead. I can't tell if you forgot or did you  mean bring him back as alive? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

David is actually dead. I can't tell if you forgot or did you  mean bring him back as alive? 

Yes, I meant, bringing, him back alive. Dena should never have killed him off. It made no sense bringing Valerie back and their secret son Eli, without David, on canvas. Valerie and David should have gotten the  love story that they were denied because the show acquiesced, to, the racist viewers, who opposed their union. The original actress who played Valerie got death threats. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
On 12/22/2017 at 2:16 AM, JBC344 said:

As much as I love Gabi she also should never have an ornament on the family tree.  Her place as Arianna's mother is really nice but considering how everything ended with Nick, out of sheer respect for his human life she shouldn't get an ornament.  Now if down the line, she and JJ end up married then yeah fine but being Arianna's mother shouldn't be enough in the wake of Nick's murder.

I also am not a huge fan of fiancée's getting ornaments.  It sounds nice but considering how much these characters get married, just being a fiancée seems incredibly fickle. 

I think Gabi got her ornament before she killed Nick. (Also, Nick needed killing.) She made tamales and brought them to the Horton Christmas Eve, one year. Maybe it was that year.

On 12/21/2017 at 11:53 PM, Apprentice79 said:

True, they are connected through Maggie, but, I have a lot of contempt for those characters. It just irritated me that their ornaments were shown prominently. I would have preferred to have seen Melissa, Sandy, Addie, Mike, Bill, Sarah, Janice, Marie, e.t.c.  

Addie's ornament was shown right at the beginning of the segment.  Doug's ended up somewhere beneath it. Tom's was on the left, Alice's on the right, and Addie's was beneath Tom's and a little further to the left. It was a bronze-ish color, with purple lettering  and red snowflakes (I think or stars -- whatever the red part of the decoration was obscured by the NBC peacock/Olympics ring symbol on my screen).

Aside from the ones we watched them hang, I saw ornaments for Sarah (right below Daniel's), Bill, Laura, Jeremy, Mike, David, JackLucas (there was one I couldn't read between Lucas and Laura, I'm thinking maybe it was Allie's, just based on placement). We also saw Maggie hang Mickey's along with her and Victor's, and Ciara hung Bo's. 

I hated that Ciara and Claire broke their ornaments as part of a hissy fit. I don't care that they have the girls at each other throats, but some things are sacred. No one should rape anyone on Alice Horton's couch, and no one should have a smashing tantrum with the Horton family ornaments.

• Love 7

I didn't get to talk about yesterday's episode, due to last minute Christmas shopping, but I'm here ?

First of all, the Kiriakis mansion upgrade is INCREDIBLE!!!  I need for all the sets on Days to get a facelift from Salem PD and that dreadful Brady Pub.  Onto story, I do kind of like the forbidden connection between Brady and Eve playing out.  He thinks it's just a plan to get back Basic Black but Eve might get her feelings wrapped up into him romantically.  I think it's setting itself up perfectly for future developments. 

Am I the only one not feeling Sonny at the moment?? After how he tossed Paul away like a thing of bricks and hopping over with Will who still doesn't have his memories back, I feel like he doesn't see he's a-hole.  He's so glad Will is back and he can reconnect but I'm not feeling him right now.  I'm still rooting for Paul and Will.  I know that might be a no bueno for many but they are so much hotter to me as a pairing maybe til Paul stops being a jackass. 

I'm actually liking the 90210 dynamic that's going down between JJ/Gabi/Lani/Eli!  It's a fresh, diverse, young quad. The fact these Horton cousins will be fighting over these two young women will be some good stuff.  However, Ron, stop using the "blame it on the alcohol" as a plot device!  You just done this with Sami/Rafe a few weeks back.  Why use it again with now Lani/Eli??  I think these two could had gone without this to be real.  Nevertheless, I somewhat like Eli/Lani, but I love Eli period even with Gabi ?. 

Finally Days gave me some rootable Jennifer scenes yesterday!!!  Her bringing up Abe's history and throwing it in his face when he shot Brady (I think when Kyle Lowder was still portraying him).  I screamed with delight because we have a writers that are using history to its strength.  You can tell Jennifer checkmate'd Abe and his walls of anger about JJ came crashing down.  She really got in those scenes. 

Good episode!  

• Love 7

I failed to mention, Lani needs to be smacked.  When it comes out she and Eli had sex because she overreacted, Gabi should drag her!!! ? This would be the second time in a matter of a year that she Lani has sexed up one of Gabi's dudes.  Gabi should forever hate her! 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 8

I hated that Ciara and Claire broke their ornaments as part of a hissy fit. I don't care that they have the girls at each other throats, but some things are sacred. No one should rape anyone on Alice Horton's couch, and no one should have a smashing tantrum with the Horton family ornaments.

This times a thousand.

Was anyone else completely thrown by the fact that Will and Sonny were having their conversation in what appeared to be a DiMera bedroom? That aquamarine turquoise wallpaper with the golden pattern through it is only seen in the DiMera house sets. I feel like they just shot the whole thing in Chad and Abigail's bedroom and didn't even bother to try and make it look like it wasn't in the DiMera Mansion. I was so confused. I guess they thought we wouldn't notice and just assumed they were back at the kiriakis mansion....

I really think some of you oversold the Gabi JJ scenes. I really liked the part where she started reading his farewell letters back to him to get him to hear how messed up the whole thing was. Her fury there was really convincing... but I think that was also the strength of the script. I'm not saying they were terrible mind you but I don't think Casey Moss turned in any work worthy of a statuette. I did appreciate that there was no sexual overtones between Gabi and JJ. It just wasn't the time. For the record though I am awaiting their reunion.

Sal is doing better work now but I still don't have a clue who Lani is or why I should care. I actually felt bad for Eli for sleeping with her. I can't imagine him being turned on. But then I also can't buy JJ saying he's in love with her. In love with what?

Interesting how they quickly wrote in that Maggie was the one who ultimately handled the renovations before Eve could make any decisions. That's an interesting way around the fact that they wanted Eve to have some influence over her tormentors while still not being responsible for what is probably going to remain the look of the house for the remainder of the show's run.

Is she supposed to be playing Brady? It's the only reason I could think of her why she would want to work with the man who almost started slapping her while she was in bed, after also trying to get her sent to prison for a murder she didn't commit.

I can't really follow the writing for Eve right now but I'm hoping against hope that they don't have her disregard her relationship with Theresa altogether. Now that she and Brady have kissed I would think that Eve wouldn't want to get within a mile of Brady and his libido.

I'm really annoyed that we didn't get to see scenes with John and Marlena and Brady together for Christmas Eve. But then I also can't make any sense out of what was going on with the Kiriakis family. Maggie went to Jennifer's house solo because Victor was feeling ill, but then Adrienne, Justin and Victor celebrated Christmas Eve together? And Eve was there to see it and described it as a big event? I'm so confused. Who else is living in the Mansion at this point? Shouldn't it just be Sonny and his parents and her and Brady and Victor? If that's the case, then the only people in the house to celebrate this Kiriakis Christmas Eve who weren't doing the Horton thing would be Justin, Adrienne and Victor...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

JJ and Lani are broken up and exactly how long have Gabi and Eli been dating?

i don’t really feel invested in this couple drama maybe because JJ depression seems more important.  

Eli was really acting like a jerk to  Gabi.  I was a little afraid she was going to take that gun out of her purse.  

Eric and Jennifer’s friendship is so sweet.   I love how much Eric loves those Horton donuts LOL

speaking of sweet the Valerie always has such a sweet kindness about her.  I enjoy all her scenes.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, tribeca said:

i don’t really feel invested in this couple drama maybe because JJ depression seems more important.  

I was disappointed that they made JJ's depression, and his choice to take his own life, into a sordid affair with Lani seeing the hug but then I remembered I was watching a show in which people are possessed by the devil, and just about any of them could be brought back from the dead.  Oh well.  

• Love 7

Today's Christmas show was lovely and I especially loved Abe's showing up at JJ's room and offering him the emotional support and forgiveness that they both needed to heal-excellent work by both actors.  I continue to be impressed by CB's Gabi--she is owning this story, especially when she encouraged JJ to make the call for help, she actually handed his phone to him because she was not taking "No" for an answer and good for her for taking his gun with her.  She isn't taking any chances because she knows just how fragile JJ's spirit is.

I massively dislike Lani and I can't wait for both JJ and Gabi to realize just how little faith Lani has in JJ and their relationship and how she had yet another drunken one night stand with a man in a relationship--what a winner she is.

Tripp is charming and he has nice chemistry with Steve, Kayla and Claire and I want to see more of that and less of Ciara being a clueless moron.  I do like that Claire brings the bitchiness right back to her--Claire isn't the least bit afraid or impressed by her idiotic aunt.

• Love 11

Damn, I missed the first few minutes because Show is on an hour early today on the West Coast and I just realized it.

Wow, Eli, way to be a bastard from the get-go. "I am such an idiot." "No arguments there."

Oh, man, the Abe and JJ scenes.  I can't even.

Why didn't Eric go with Jennifer to the hospital?

Of course Theo woke up.

Chad is going to be pissed he wasn't there.  And now the takedown of Kate begins.

• Love 4
On 12/23/2017 at 7:18 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, I meant, bringing, him back alive. Dena should never have killed him off. It made no sense bringing Valerie back and their secret son Eli, without David, on canvas. Valerie and David should have gotten the  love story that they were denied because the show acquiesced, to, the racist viewers, who opposed their union. The original actress who played Valerie got death threats. 

Wonder if Sami and Brandon were broken up because Brandon is black.  Loved them together.

Edited by bobcat1946
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Damn, I missed the first few minutes because Show is on an hour early today on the West Coast and I just realized it.

Wow, Eli, way to be a bastard from the get-go. "I am such an idiot." "No arguments there."

Oh, man, the Abe and JJ scenes.  I can't even.

Why didn't Eric go with Jennifer to the hospital?

Of course Theo woke up.

Chad is going to be pissed he wasn't there.  And now the takedown of Kate begins.

Eric did not go with Jennifer to the hospital because he made a stop at Brady Pub, and I guess pick up his Santa suit, because then he surprised Jenn by showing up as Santa for the kids in the hospital.  Jennifer did the reading this year and she recognized Eric because "Santa" was wearing the friendship bracelet that matched the one he had given Jenn, I thought that was sweet.   I am glad that at least they acknowledged Caroline by having Roman, Kayla, Eric talk to her by phone. And the Abe & JJ scenes were emotional, and I admit to tears when Theo woke up, altho it was obvious that was going to be the Christmas miracle.  

• Love 4

I liked Abe and JJ and the spirit of forgiveness. And that it seemed real. I do hope that JJ does sign up for some counselling - seriously, the Salem PD's internal affairs department should have insisted on it from the get-go.

Lani? Seriously hopping in to another man's bed out of alleged 'hurt' of seeing JJ with someone else? Time for you to deal with your insecurity and jealousy. I wouldn't have a back-up dude to go to for some 'comfort'. Bad mistake on your end.  Eli? You are just as much to blame. You could have said 'no'.

Claire and Ciara bickering? Over Theo?

Glad Theo woke up.

Jennifer and Eric make a nice couple - of friends, at least for now.

• Love 5

After having been on the fence as to whether I liked the Lani character or not, I had been leaning towards like throughout the Theo storyline. But having her sleep with Eli, who as mentioned upthread is the 2nd boyfriend of Gabi's she's slept with, I'm leaning back towards dislike.  It also sours my opinion of Eli, who I was rather liking. That said, I'm not opposed to the end game couples being JJ/Gabi and Eli/Lani.

I wonder how many days have supposed to have passed in Salem time since Theo got shot. It "feels" like months, but maybe it's only supposed to be a couple days. Otherwise, I don't believe Abe, who has done nothing but sit by Theo's side, would not have remembered he shot an innocent man a long time ago. Especially since, though he didn't mention it yesterday, that innocent man was Brady(?)  

I'm glad Abe went to see JJ and offer his forgiveness, but I wasn't terribly moved by the scenes. I think all the JJ/Gabi scenes were better.

I also realized as Theo was waking up, that I have not missed his character. Though maybe now that he's awake he can put an end to the stupid bickering between Ciara and Claire.

Why weren't Marlena and John at the Brady breakfast? Or the hospital? Or anywhere. 

It was nice they mentioned Caroline, but it just highlighted the fact that they wrote her out of the show.

It also was nice they showed the phone call with Joey, and mentioned Stephanie, but it again highlighted their absences. And Kayla's pain, especially when a second later Joey's "replacement" popped into the scene.

Wonder what's planned for New Year's?  

• Love 5

Wonder if Sami and Brandon were broken up because Brandon is black.  Loved them together

Personally I found that retcon annoying. Sure, Nicole and Taylor were as pale as mountain snow, like their mother, but then TPTB hire an actor that actually looked like Brandon to play the Walker patriarch and then say Brandon was the one unrelated to him? At least Taylor had brown hair.  It made no sense. 

• Love 1

I teared up when Theo woke up. It was stupid and cliche and cheesy, but I love that kind of stuff!

I couldn't follow any of the Claire/Ciara related scenes because I was too distracted by how awful Claire's hair looked. It had me rolling. Speaking of, I've asked this before but I don't think I saw anyone answer, how old are Claire and Ciara (and, come to think of it, Theo and Tripp) supposed to be?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

It also was nice they showed the phone call with Joey, and mentioned Stephanie, but it again highlighted their absences. And Kayla's pain, especially when a second later Joey's "replacement" popped into the scene.

It is why Trip did not need to be Steve's son to interact with Stayla. He could have been a troubled kid that they bonded with, while helping him. It would have hearken back to Steve and Kayla's history. Frankie, Max and Benji were young kids that had a lot of impact in their story.  They added a lot of depth, especially, to Steve's characterization.  Steve is a Sherry creation along with Kayla, her other creation should be in A and B stories involving their children Joey and Stefanie.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I couldn't follow any of the Claire/Ciara related scenes because I was too distracted by how awful Claire's hair looked. It had me rolling. Speaking of, I've asked this before but I don't think I saw anyone answer, how old are Claire and Ciara (and, come to think of it, Theo and Tripp) supposed to be?

Though we never see them in school, I think Claire, Ciara and Theo are in their 2nd year of university. So that would make them 19 or 20.  I think Tripp is a little older.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I teared up when Theo woke up. It was stupid and cliche and cheesy, but I love that kind of stuff!

Claire, Ciara and Theo are college aged, I think Tripp is older.

• Love 3

I am so exhausted by Ciara and Claire's constant bickering over Theo--he is not worth the drama and it's making them both look like nitwits--in Ciara's case, it's not that difficult.

I can't stand Lani either, with her "You need to tell me when you're down" to JJ--I don't know, Lani maybe you need to have a little more faith in your boyfriend.  Also, her lack of guilt is appalling--Eli at least has a sense of shame when he's talking to Gabi, but Lani doesn't really seem to care that she betrayed her boyfriend.

I'm impressed by Andre's long con in regards to Kate, Countess W and Gabi's contract--Andre very effectively used Chad's feelings for Gabi to ensure Kate still has a role in DiMera--well played Sir :)

• Love 6

I haven't been posting much but I have been (mostly) enjoying the show, with the exception of all things Ciara (except for her Rafe hate - Go Ciara!).  

I'm thankful that the Theo storyline is wrapping up, finally.  It could have been worse and frankly it wasn't all that good.

What did come out of it, for me, were the excellent performances we saw from Casey Moss and Camila Banus.  Casey was able to do something that's hard for many actors and I think especially hard for all actors in the super fast pace of soaps - he's been able to show his feelings, his desolation, his utter despair with little more than facial expression and muted delivery, with the look on his face, the sadness in his eyes.  He didn't need to declare, to tell us what JJ was feeling, what he was going through, we just had to watch and there it was.  Excellent work IMO.

And Camila, too, did the best acting I've seen from her.  I've always liked her but I felt that when she was called upon to be angry or upset, she sometimes confused that with just being loud.  Those days are over.  Her scenes with JJ, and the immediate aftermath, talking to Eli, were superb.

There's some good stuff going on in Salem these days.

Edited by boes
  • Love 13

Gabi, there are lots of reasons people would strip the bed and do laundry on Christmas. Yes, you can be suspicious but there are lots of innocent explanations - spilling something on the sheets, dousing them with cologne or whatever.

Eli seems to have more guilt than Lani. I would like to like Lani but her insecurity over JJ and hopping into another man's bed 5 minutes after she saw another woman in his room/apartment/whatever - really? And if you do hop in to someone else's bed and it is unprotected, do yourself the favour of popping in to the drugstore to get a particular pill. No guilt, huh? JJ means so little to you - maybe he is just a crutch for you.

I guess it'll be a new year of Ciara and Claire bickering - over Theo. Glad he's woken up and everyone will be fine. JJ still needs counselling and hopefully he will sign up for some. Theo waking up doesn't end his pain. It buries it for a while and then it will come up again.

I didn't like the colour of Abigail's dress. Chad could have used a shave.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Eli seems to have more guilt than Lani. I would like to like Lani but her insecurity over JJ and hopping into another man's bed 5 minutes after she saw another woman in his room/apartment/whatever - really? And if you do hop in to someone else's bed and it is unprotected, do yourself the favour of popping in to the drugstore to get a particular pill. No guilt, huh? JJ means so little to you - maybe he is just a crutch for you.

Exactly  Lani is not showing any signs of guilt and her lack of remorse is rather off putting.  Eli, on the other hand, looks devastated over his actions--I guess he has a conscience and Abe's precious daughter is just a self-absorbed two timer. Can't wait for all of this to come out :)

• Love 5

Lani is not showing any signs of guilt life and her lack of remorse personality is rather off putting.

There, fixed that for ya.

I doubled over laughing when GV did his Drunken Southern Santa bit. I don't know how anybody kept a straight face on set. Are we supposed to believe Eric is back on the sauce?

• Love 3

Well technically JJ broke up with Lani, so they were on a break. What she did or I should say who she on their break is none of JJ’s business.

Now knowingly sleeping with Gabi’s boyfriend, again? That is horrid especially if Lani claims any sort of friendship with Gabi.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Well technically JJ broke up with Lani, so they were on a break. What she did or I should say who she on their break is none of JJ’s business.

Now knowingly sleeping with Gabi’s boyfriend, again? That is horrid especially if Lani claims any sort of friendship with Gabi.

Don't forget Lani going hard after Shawn-Douglas, when he was on a break with Belle.  The show was going to make her go dark and obsessed with him. The show chickened out and cut the scenes of her ripping a picture of Belle and Claire. Lani was going to do a lot of bad things to Belle.  They were all edited out.  I think that the actress could have made it work.. The show needs a grey character in the younger set.  Instead of always depending on a Dimera to shake things up.  Sherry took a gamble in darkening Sami all those years ago.  It worked because it was organic and  character-driven.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

After all of that wailing and gnashing of teeth, Theo wakes up and takes responsibility for his actions...seemingly wiping the slate clean.  I haven't decided if there's a valuable lesson in there, or it was all much-ado-about-nothing.  Probably both.  

If they're determined to do a rivalry between Ciara and Claire, it seems like there's a better execution than this.  Sometimes I can convince myself that Ciara is lashing out at Claire because she still hasn't dealt with the rape and her father's death but that doesn't always work.  

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, bobcat1946 said:

Wonder if Sami and Brandon were broken up because Brandon is black.  Loved them together.

Huh?  What is making you think that?  Brandon and Sami had what I consider a normal soap relationship of back and forth.  I don't know if Matt Cedeno was fired or if he just decided to move on, but there has been no evidence to suggest TPTB ended Sami and Brandon because Brandon is half Black.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

If they're determined to do a rivalry between Ciara and Claire, it seems like there's a better execution than this.  Sometimes I can convince myself that Ciara is lashing out at Claire because she still hasn't dealt with the rape and her father's death but that doesn't always work.  

THIS!!  Watching Ciara act like a bitch and accuse Claire of stealing Theo is sad and delusional because it never happened.  I would love it if Ciara had some sort of breakdown where she admitted to being jealous of Claire's relatively happy life.

Today's episode made me realize just how much I dislike Abe's bland and boring children.  Theo and Lani are the absolute worst, they suck the air out of the room with their dullness and I just can deal with them.

Chad and Kate are always a treat but I'm kind of annoyed that Kate gets away with her atrocious behavior.  AGAIN!!

I love Tripp--that is all :):)

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Huh?  What is making you think that?  Brandon and Sami had what I consider a normal soap relationship of back and forth.  I don't know if Matt Cedeno was fired or if he just decided to move on, but there has been no evidence to suggest TPTB ended Sami and Brandon because Brandon is half Black.

I think that the poster was just musing about Sami/Brandon because of what happened with Valerie and David.  The racist viewers derailed that romance. The show never went there with Marcus and Kayla, even though, it was obvious that Marcus was in love with Kayla.  Marcus and Kayla falling in love, while grieving Steve would have been a good story.  Steve and Marcus grew up as brothers. The story wrote itself.   Instead, the show decided to go with Kayla and Shane. That coupling provoked a lot of backlash.. The worst couple ever, even worst, than Dannifer and Rope. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that the poster was just musing about Sami/Brandon because of what happened with Valerie and David.  The racist viewers derailed that romance. The show never went there with Marcus and Kayla, even though it was obvious that Marcus was in love with Kayla.  Marcus and Kayla falling in love, while grieving Steve would have been a good story.  Steve and Marcus grew up as brothers. The story wrote itself.   Instead, the show decided to go with Kayla and Shane. That coupling provoked a lot of backlash.. The worst couple ever, even worst, than Dannifer and Rope. 

Oh, I know.  I was just confused considering the length of time between those two plots.  As unfortunate as it was I can understand the resistance to an interracial relationship at that time but saw no evidence that there was resistance to it in the 2000's.