Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

When Sonny called Sami out about Will, Sami replied with "what about me, Kate,  the company. EJ..." Sami's totally defending EJ. Claiming she's destroying him, but she's not. She's all tunnel vision hate on Abby as EJ lives like normal. 

Will said the truth with saying he let her off easy. He totally did. He could have started with raping Austin, accusing Lucas of abuse, all the DNA tampering, kidnapping Belle, shooting EJ in the head....

Edited by Artsda

Will's not lying, his parents were always at war with each other until recently when Lucas grew up. He changed and is a better fatherand man. Sami's still the same person as she was back then, plotting, lying, scheming to hurt.

Fighting for him against each other, so Will's childhood was back and forth between blackmail and attacks like Sami claiming Lucas abused Will so Will wouldn't get to spend time with Lucas, isn't "fighting for you." It's atrotious behavior as a parent and wasn't doing Will any good as a child.

Sami and Lucas both don't get pats on the heads for how they raised Will. That wasn't fighting for him, it was treating him like a possession. I don't blame Will for not giving his parents props for his childhood and for still holding that against them both.

And EJ's going to accuse Will of not thinking about the kids? When do Sami and EJ think about the kids? EJ during his affair was thinking of the kids? Sami during all her plots and schemes against EJ is thinking about the kids?

Sami's going to now weep and ask EJ for his help, wants him to lie to all the board members. When she claims she took everything from him including his company to Sonny minutes prior.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

IDIOT! Will is a complete and utter freakin' idiot. He doesn't understand why no one is happy and congratulating him on his first magazine cover?  OMG!  How is the boy that stupid? You don't sell out your family and expect a pat on the back. Geez, if the writers had any brains, he'd get a bullet in the gut for writing an expose on the Dimera family. 

I seriously don't know why I'm still watching the stupidity of the characters on this show...

• Love 8

I think Will's childhood is irrelevant because it doesn't have anything to do with why he wrote the article. As Sami noted, they had worked through their issues. They've been on good terms for a while, being big parts of each other's weddings, Sami going to a lot of effort to help Will and his daughter whenever needed. Once you work things out, you don't get to keep dredging it up again as an excuse for your behavior, especially when it's not actually why you did something. Will just wanted to get published more than anything else, but he knows that sounds awful and so he offers a list of other reasons that sound better than just naked ambition.

Yes, Sami made a lot of mistakes when raising Will, as she freely acknowledges. But where has she been a bad mother to Will recently? Even after he's written this article, she's still protecting him. She could've had the article killed, could've retaliated, but of course she hasn't, because she would never intentionally hurt Will, as he acknowledged himself.

When Sonny called Sami out about Will, Sami replied with "what about me, Kate,  the company. EJ..." Sami's totally defending EJ. Claiming she's destroying him, but she's not. She's all tunnel vision hate on Abby as EJ lives like normal.

Will does owe EJ quite a bit, so it makes sense for her to bring EJ up in context with Will. (Yeah, EJ held onto the evidence that Will shot him, but Will doesn't know that.) EJ is facing a trial and prison, has lost his company and losing all his treasured assets, so I would say he does have it worse than Abby. She only lost her job; she's not facing a prison sentence. And Sami is not actively doing anything to her. She confronted Abby once. She told the guy Abby was dating about the affair. And she reported Abby's violation of employer policy to her boss so that Abby would lose her job. That's it. We haven't heard her plotting more vengeance. When people confront her about Abby, she'll say shit about how she plans to destroy Abby, but in practice all the planning we hear has to do with Stefano and EJ, not Abby. Abby herself noted that until this article came out, everything seemed to have died down - she wasn't worried about Sami doing more to her.

• Love 6

I applauded when Sami told Sonny all she did to Abby was make her resign and yelling at her. 

Exactly!  I think if you have an affair with a committed man than you'd better be prepared for the fall-out, especially the wrath that you may incur from the girlfriend/fiance/wife. That's almost common sense. You take something that isn't yours, you're going to pay the price.  And that might mean losing your job or friends, depending on the situation. It's a chance you take. You'd better hope the sex was worth it.  Abby has no right to blame Sami for her problems when she brought them all on herself. And Sami's done worse to EJ than Abby anyways. Miss Deveraux should be lucky Sami didn't set her up to go to jail.  I think Abby and Jen better just shut their mouths and quit trying to spin some PR angle. Abby spread her legs; time to put on her big girl pants and own up to it. 

• Love 6

I'm so sick and tired of poor put upon Abby and I'm just as sick of Daniel.I was disappointed that THresea didn't join Anne in her Abby bashing fest today lol.Abby's lucky shes got off so easy.What sami has done to her is tame compared to what old school sami could do lol.

• Love 5

I applauded when Sami told Sonny all she did to Abby was make her resign and yelling at her. Sometimes the writers get it right.

That's making light of it, I think.

She's lobbed threat after threat at her too.  And has repeatedly said she's just getting started.

But of course Sami gets a pass because she's justified for everything she does because she saw her mother getting screwed on a conference room table when she was 16 years old.  

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 1

Of course stupid little shit Will only cares that no one has said anything nice about is raggedy ass piece of shit article.

But of course Sami gets a pass because she's justified for everything she does

Who is giving Sami a pass? Where are these people? Literally every single person in town besides Kate is telling Sami she's evil for "ruining" Abby's life. EJ and Abby are nasty, dumb, backstabbing gutter trash and deserve whatever they get from Sami.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 10

I think Will's childhood is irrelevant because it doesn't have anything to do with why he wrote the article.

Up to a week ago Sami was still blaming Marlena and bringing up John/Marlena on the conference table. Will's childhood is relevant since he has been bringing up how his mom is, her antics, her behavior, his parents way of upbringing him. Saying he went easy on her and could have brought up a lot more, there's a lot of Sami's actions that Will is never going to forget or let go.

Will does owe EJ quite a bit, so it makes sense for her to bring EJ up in context with Will. (Yeah, EJ held onto the evidence that Will shot him, but Will doesn't know that.)

So it's ok for Sami to say "what about EJ" in regards to Will, but it's wrong to say "what about Abby" in regards to Will? Sami caring about poor EJ in the article, just shows she's just putting on an act, she's going to take him back and it's Abby who deserves to be slut shammed and held accountable for everything forever in Sami's mind. EJ's forgivable and half way if not more she's already forgiven him, Abby's the evil slut who deserves to lose everything. 

Despite the fact Abby's admitted she's done wrong and admitted she's made a mistake, admitted she went against her work rules and even told Adrienne she was right to be fired.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Who is giving Sami a pass? Where are these people? Literally every single person in town besides Kate is telling Sami she's evil for "ruining" Abby's life. EJ and Abby are nasty, dumb, backstabbing gutter trash and deserve whatever they get from Sami.

Viewers.

And not literally.  The only ones who've said squat to her about how evil she is is Jennifer and JJ who are defending their family member.  The rest of the town has "literally" (not really but since people seem to like using that word let's go with it) said they sympathize with her but aren't down with her revenge plotting.

I hope Sami asking EJ for help is a con.

She's in over her head, can't handle the board who all just want EJ. The same board she told EJ, he's not allowed to speak to. Hopefully he points that out tomorrow and lets her and Kate deal with this. They wanted to be CEO's, deal with the board, then they should do so. 

Sami with tears pleading for EJ that he has to help her, really is "burning EJ to the ground" like she told Sonny she's doing today. Sonny called her out perfectly, EJ got a free pass. 

I have a bad feeling that Sami is going to wind up with EJ again and that he's gonna come to her rescue somehow and I am NOT OKAY with that. Way to screw up a great revenge story, writers. What about Kate, Sami?  WHAT ABOUT KATE?!

• Love 2

Sami with tears pleading for EJ that he has to help her, really is "burning EJ to the ground" like she told Sonny she's doing today. Sonny called her out perfectly, EJ got a free pass.

EJ hasn't received a pass, that would be Abby. EJ has been arrested, is facing prison, got booted from his company, and the woman he pretends to love hates him. He's received far more punishment than precious saint Abby.

I have a bad feeling that Sami is going to wind up with EJ again and that he's gonna come to her rescue somehow and I am NOT OKAY with that.

I'm hoping Sami will only be asking for help to keep Will's ungrateful ass out of trouble.

This show is infuriating.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

EJ hasn't received a pass, that would be Abby. EJ has been arrested, is facing prison, got booted from his company, and the woman he pretends to love hates him. He's received far more punishment than precious saint Abby.

EJ's not going to prison, he knows that and the cops probably do too. Kristen's not even going to prison for her laundry list of crimes that included rape.

He's technically booted, yet all the board members are all speed dialing him and demanding to talk to him about the company. So he's really on vacation from the company which now has Sami begging him to help him return and fix. So he's still involved in the company and will be probably be officially in the next episode with calling all the board members back to help Sami. Then also he's still living in his house, with his wife and she's going to take him back.

EJ's lost nothing and won't pay. He'll get everything back. 

Abby's admitted her mistake, admitted she deserved to lose her job, is now slut shammed to entire public of Salem,  is jobless and paying for her mistake. She's lost more than EJ. 

• Love 1

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying poor Abby to Sami. Like Sami is suppose to care what happens to Abby. Sami didn't do anything destructive to Abby that she didn't bring on herself. IDK why everyone is acting like Sami whacked Abby over the head with a crowbar. I got a good laugh out of Mar saying that she will be there for Sami, while she was a little today, I still wouldn't believe it.

This story is just dreadful because Sami has barely done anything wrong yet she's getting the wrath of everything in her personal life and work, while Abby is barely getting a slap on the wrist. This is ass backwards writing at its best.

What did Will expect, for people to just come out of the wood work and pat him on the back for his article. He really is a moron. Nobody is going to congratulate anyone on a slam piece about family members. Will needs to get over himself cause he just cares about that article more than he does his own family. I'm so glad that everyone is giving him hell over it.

Dan always wants to give the heroic words and I just laughed at him saying "I couldn't stay away." Yes you could, nobody needs the two most propped characters on DOOL to be sharing scenes together being Abby and Dan. That was just nauseating to watch.

• Love 8

Abby and Dan should get together.  MelaMe and JenJen will explode.  I did like Sonny trying to defend Will because I can understand him thinking he can stop Sami by showing her the consequences of what she's doing.  But at the same time it was nice that Sonny recognised that Will had gone too far.  It's good that Sami still wants Sonny to be there for Will (anvils all around), because I was worried that she was going to spill about Sonny and Victor and make things worse.

I like that Will mentioned being able to contribute to the household today.  It's something that adds layers to this article drama and the conflict with Sonny.  Will has a thirst to prove himself as well.  He was that way with working for EJ too.  It's something interesting with Will being gay and being a man and wanting to provide and being uncomfortable with Sonny providing for him.  Sonny is by nature a caring individual, so I don't think he realises how Will feels about pulling his weight.  Maybe there will always be that competitive element with two men in a relationship.  Let's hope that when everything comes out, the writers hit all the right beats.

I understand that EJ has done alot for Will, but after what he did to Sami and defending Abby,he can take several seats.  I agree with kitmerlot that EJ feels like he took advantage of Abby because even though she was willing, he should have known better and she was so easy.  If she didn't act so bolshy, I would have also questioned if she was in her right mind chasing EJ.  She definitely had a bout of the crazy eyes during the affair.  That said, EJ should ease up with Abby cos that ain't gonna earn him any brownie points with Sami.

All in all, I kind of understand people wishing that Sami had behaved slightly differently.  She would have got more sympathy from the annoying Salemites if she'd tweaked it a bit. Not that I care about them. If I were Sami, I would have had the article written by Will be the big reveal of the affair, so I wouldn't have had to go to the Whoreton House, and I would have fed Zoe and Will all the tidbits so my hands were clean.  Kayla would have had to fire Abby anyway due to the media frenzy, so Sami would never have been blamed for making her lose her job.

But obviously the writers want Abby to be the top dog so that can't happen.

I truly think Sami is supposed to realise the error of her ways when Will's marriage implodes and blame herself for taking things too far with Abby and EJ. You can see that EJ still gets under Sami's skin.  I get frustrated when people say that Sami is going after Abby and not EJ even though she's taking him to the cleaners, but even I can see that that is all a set-up for her realising she still cares for him before the grand finale.  Sami is going to thaw re: EJ and everyone in  Salem knows it.    Maybe they are trying to say that a part of Sami still loves EJ if she married him and it's pointless stealing DE from Stefano because Sami is going to end up sharing the spoils with EJ anyway.  I wish Sami had just went on being an awesome business woman and not cared about EJ and Abby.  Indifference annoys people more. If I were Sami, I would have not married EJ and tried to get DE another way or gone to work for MadWorld.  I would still carry out a stealthy plan to discredit Abby though.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

I think Sami is playing for time.  She wants EJ to reassure the board so Kate and Sami can finish what they have started.  However, EJ is also playing.  EJ does not want Sami back.  EJ is furious Sami made a fool of him.  EJ does not love Sami.  He is obsessed with her, EJ is angry Sami wasn’t willing to just forgive his cheating on her, and like always when EJ can’t control Sami, he tries to destroy her.

I knew Kristen would get away with what she did to Eric.  Today was just the beginning.

• Love 2

I don't think Abigail has suffered at the hands of Sami. At the pen of Will probably. But not Sami.

All Abigail has lost is her job for an actual rule that she broke. Big whoop. Welcome to real life.

If Abigail feels she has lost her dignity, well, that's on her. No one made her beg EJ for sex in the conference room.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 8

What's with Marlena and her purses seemingly being so specifically placed and carried?  Has she always been walking around with a purse this way?  I hadn't watched in years.  And, once Sami is gone, so am I - the rest of it is killer dull and like watching soap dry - 

What's with Marlena and her purses seemingly being so specifically placed and carried?  

That only looks like a purse.  What it actually is, is the motor that powers the robot formerly known as Marlena Evans.  If she is disconnected from that purse, she's freezes up and is no more use than a hat stand.  

So, you see, not much is that different.

• Love 13

Will: "I owed it to the readership to be honest!"

Would anyone really care about Will's  memoir/life story???

I don't like Nu-Will's acting at all --  the acting really makes him seem kind of nutty...

Why does Daniel sometimes seem like he's hitting on Abigail?

Why did Daniel look like a brick fell on his foot when Teresa left him to contemplate his deep thoughts?

Jennifer: "I am very proud of my daughter." This is so unrealistic...

Jennifer to Anne -- ugh. Is Anne really THAT terrible as Jennifer was describing? I don't think we see her often enough to know whether she's doing that much damage to Salem....

During their weird conversation today, there  seemed to be an acknowledgement from EJ that while he had his own part in the affair, he wasn't responsible for Abby's aggression. But he seems to know logically that it's better for Abigail's reputation, which he probably also knows she wants to protect, to be viewed as the victim.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

God, Will has turned into such a nasty little weasel.

What was the purpose of Marlena's visit to Will?  She didn't soothe him, she didn't criticize him, it was like a fact finding mission.

Sami, please call Kate before you cry on EJ's shoulder.  She can help you with the board.

• Love 4

EJ's not going to prison, he knows that and the cops probably do too. Kristen's not even going to prison for her laundry list of crimes that included rape.

He's technically booted, yet all the board members are all speed dialing him and demanding to talk to him about the company. So he's really on vacation from the company which now has Sami begging him to help him return and fix. So he's still involved in the company and will be probably be officially in the next episode with calling all the board members back to help Sami. Then also he's still living in his house, with his wife and she's going to take him back.

EJ's lost nothing and won't pay. He'll get everything back. 

Abby's admitted her mistake, admitted she deserved to lose her job, is now slut shammed to entire public of Salem,  is jobless and paying for her mistake. She's lost more than EJ. 

If EJ doesn't wind up losing anything, I don't think that's because Sami is  currently giving him a pass (though who knows what will happen in the future when the writers are trying to figure out how to tidy all of this up). That's because of other circumstances -- the kind of circumstances  in Salem that ensure  Dimeras always win. If Kristen gets off the hook, that's because dumb-dumb Nicole shredded the evidence. Again, circumstances.

As for Abigail, a lot of the public shaming she's getting hinges a lot on Will.  He has to answer to her as to why he named her as Sami's maid of honor and babysitter, and the lady who got fired from the hospital (wow, how many suspects could there have been on the list?).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Marlena was actually a decent mother today.  She didn't scold Sami.  She did say she'd be right there for her and then immediately go home, but I guess she meant it figuratively.  I was surprised.

Is there any hope that John will really never wake?  

• Love 1

So this week is absolute proof that even when I get good things this show will still drag them through a landfill and then wrap them in stinky three day old fish before giving them to me.

Exhibit A, the Abby proppers.  Finally acknowledgement that maybe Sami doesn't deserve what is happening to her.  But they don't mean it, its just a convenient weapon in their arsenal against new enemy #1 Will.  Jen and JJ used it yesterday.  Today EJ opens with how much Will hurt his Mother.  But did he show a sign of understanding how much this must have hurt Sami yesterday?  Absolutely not.  And now he's outraged, outraged I tell you, for Sami not protecting the identity of his mistress.  I'm dumbfounded that he or anyone else expects it.  Has there ever been a woman in the fifty year history of DOOL that went out of her way to protect the woman her fiancée cheated with?  And they expect this of Sami?  Seriously.

Exhibit B.  Marlena.  Finally someone doesn't go straight to blaming Sami or telling her I told you so.  Too bad its the most clinically detached Mother in the history of the world.  Even for Marlena that was bizarre.  In a show that stretches a day out for weeks, Marlena sees both Sami and Will in one episode and still has time to find Roman.  With both she plays the psychiatrist, tells them they aren't ready to talk yet, and leaves.  You know she'll never come back or broach it again.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 6

The sad thing about Marlena's visit to Sami is Sami was expecting an "I told you so" or "Don't be mean to the pathetic side piece" from Marlena, and since she didn't get that Sami is grateful Marlena stopped by, did nothing helpful or loving, and then left.

• Love 6

since she didn't get that Sami is grateful Marlena stopped by, did nothing helpful or loving, and then left.

Yeah that is textbook traumatized kid. What you aren't here to hurt me mentally or physically? yay! Thanks for pretending to care! 

• Love 5

This is the start of Sami becoming a joke in this whole thing.  She's going to be the one in the wrong.  She's going to see EJ help her out of the jam she's in and realize he really does love her and they'll have to work together to make the board realize they are exactly what Sami said they were today on the phone.  And then BAM....in love she falls again.  So stupid.  Yet again a woman cannot exist without a man.

Why they have to turn Sami into a moron to be with EJ is beyond me.  

Isn't AS done soon?  This has to wrap up quickly, I assume.  She's already done taping isn't she?

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 1

I seriously don't know why I'm still watching the stupidity of the characters on this show...

Salem has quite a large number of assholes per capita, don't they?

I've decided that I really hate this show now.  So sick of everyone and their stupid problems. lol  

I am even sick of Theresa and Nicole because they should be doing something fun instead of being stuck 'reacting' all of the time to the rantings of morons.     

And what's with all of this crap about Druggie!JJ and his past?  Now he's getting reamed for being with other girls before he even knew Paige?  Ugh.  Just another morality play, like when Mimi got told by The Virgin Mary and rendered infertile for having an abortion.  Meanwhile, a rapist and a home-wrecker get no comeuppance, and the latter even being praised for her 'strength' to carry on after being caught.   

Will needs to get crushed by an elevator, shot three times in Salem Square and then thrown in the river.   And Sami is being a hell of a lot nicer than I would be to these fools. 

Not sure how much longer I can keep watching.  I have to watch entire week's worth of shows at once because I put it off.  lol   I just want to see Sami/AS off.  GH is more interesting to me right now -- and Corday, that should tell you something.   

• Love 3

Other than Sonny, who did Will expect to tell him he did a good job on the article?

I think Sami did admit his writing was good, though I'm not sure if she told him to his face. But who else? Jennifer? Abigail? JJ? Did he want EJ to tell him what a great job he did? Did he want Gabi to call from jail to congratulate him? Did he want John to come out of his coma to tell him how awesome he is? Other than the participants themselves who got lambasted in the article, who else could possibly care that Will can write well or not?

• Love 2

I think KM might have misinterpreted the EJabby thing as a love story,  which I think was a mistake, because it obviously wasn't one. Maybe she was hoping it would turn into a love story over time (and it probably could have been after the super-trashy part was over),  but at the start of it it obviously wasn't a love story. When Melanie was with Phillip, I don't recall it  being done so ....trashy? I think they  may have cheated with each other, but I think there may have been some weird misunderstanding that preceded the cheating. I don't remember any of their scenes being quite as weird as the conference room proposition from Abigail or the supply closet half-sex where Abigail goes "I think you know what it would take." And then there was the shower sex with the weird faces and then Sami walking in..... This kind of story tends to make it obvious where the sympathies would lie - and, uh, it probably wouldn't be with the "other woman." I think the writing was there for another kind of story for Abigail, where KM could have displayed her chops, but she seemed to think the Ejabby thing was some kind of fairy-tale, even though neither participant was acting that way. Even if Abigail loved EJ, the desperate propositioning wasn't helping the audience to view the story in the way she wanted.

I feel like it was moving towards a love story until they found out James Scott was leaving. The way EJ always took care to tell her how much he respected and cared abut her and they way that he went after her in the supply closet made me think they would definitely have turned it into something more once AS left. So I can totally understand why KM was playing it that way. Once it was reported that JS was leaving they had to do an aboutface. I don't think we'll see the results of that "sudden" change until a few weeks before EJ's last airdate.

Abby's admitted her mistake, admitted she deserved to lose her job, is now slut shammed to entire public of Salem,  is jobless and paying for her mistake. She's lost more than EJ.

I don't think you can call it slut-shaming when she's been a piece on the side trying to stay that way. Slut-shaming is when women enjoy sex in a way that doesn't call for shame or derision. Abby was sleeping with her friend's husband and trying to keep it that way, if ever there was a time to call someone names, now would be it for both her and EJ.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

Exhibit A, the Abby proppers.  Finally acknowledgement that maybe Sami doesn't deserve what is happening to her.  But they don't mean it, its just a convenient weapon in their arsenal against new enemy #1 Will.  Jen and JJ used it yesterday.  Today EJ opens with how much Will hurt his Mother.  But did he show a sign of understanding how much this must have hurt Sami yesterday?  Absolutely not.  And now he's outraged, outraged I tell you, for Sami not protecting the identity of his mistress.  I'm dumbfounded that he or anyone else expects it.  Has there ever been a woman in the fifty year history of DOOL that went out of her way to protect the woman her fiancée cheated with?  And they expect this of Sami?  Seriously.

This.

Now, where do I go to surrender?  Anybody know, anybody have the directions?  Because it's time to just cry UNCLE and realize that Abigail will NEVER be held accountable by anyone other than Sami for her part in the affair.  AND we will have to go on listening to everyone (and for Chrissakes GodALMIGHTY! - even a bit from Theresa today too) - talk about or tell that Hobbit what a GOOD person she is.  And how proud they all are of her.

And can anyone tell me WHY SHE'S SO GOOD?  I guess EJ could answer that question but otherwise....

We have this snip of a girl just out of college who goes around slapping women old enough to be her mother without compunction.  This twit who gives unsolicited advice, once again, to adults twice her age with quadruple her experience, and that's when she's not sticking her nose into the private lives of every acquaintance - almost always with either erroneous or disastrous consequences.  The little poser who got her job working for her mommy at the hospital run by her family.  And we can't forget that this horror got one guy blind drunk to get in his pants, and then later strung along TWO guys with the promise of the best one getting first shot at her incredible Horton Hoo Haw.  This thing is a legend in her own mind. 

I don't buy for a MINUTE that she has any real remorse about the affair, and she's not, according to Jenn, "taking responsibility", she's had that responsibility forced upon her. Abigail is so two-faced she should be able to clean those Kangaroo ears of hers with her own tongue.  Yeah, she flutters her bug eyes and looks downwards and says with that catch in her voice that she feels terrible about what she did - but only to people she already know are going to dismiss her culpability and praise her for being so friggin' good.  But let her be alone with EJ or Sami and then you see the real Abigail.  She has yet to show any real remorse, but I've seen plenty of attitude to both Sami and EJ.

Until Abigail is willing to just stand there and let Sami blast her until Sami has run out of breath or words, and not say anything back in her defense, she's not sorry one bit.  There is no defense for going after another woman's guy - ever - and she said that's exactly what she wanted and did when she was talking to EJ today.  Yeah, she's told Jenn she wanted EJ, but weakly, not with the same attitude or tone, not at all.

Abigail isn't GOOD.  She's not particularly bad, either.  She's just one loudmouthed walking example of complete mediocrity with delusions of both adequacy and intelligence.  Wrong on both counts.

Will is a nasty little ferret, and if he was forced to run continuously on his hamster wheel, with the peanuts just out of reach, for the rest of his 4-legged days that would be fine with me.  I enjoyed EJ's takedown of him completely, utterly, totally.  I thought it was even more powerful, because EJ knows despicable, and he knows betrayal, since he's excelled at both.  And Will as usual was all over the place, flitting from one justification to blame to excuse, no matter how contradictory.  He looked and sounded both foolish and like what he is, pathetically desperate for approval.  Troll.

But it feels like we're being manipulated yet one more time.  We've had to watch Abigail be vindicated and praised by the family because Sami had the gall to be angry because she had an affair with EJ.  And now we're seeing the family be (justifiably) angry at Will because he's put Abigail in harms way.  Will is a disgraceful little toad, who has hurt his mother FAR more than Abigail, but once again the majority focus is going to be on Abigail and her feelings?  So first Sami gets blasted, and now Will, but once again, Abigail is wrapped in goose down and treated like fine china.  

We're getting hosed, folks, and it's all to make sure Abigail and  that humpbacked, open-sored, snaggle-toothed harridan of a mother of hers keep the crown as Salem's Most Victimized But Saintly About It.

And Daniel.....seems that every soap has to have one, doesn't it?  AMC had the odious and despicable show killer, Ryan Lavery, who was in every storyline and saved every damsel in distress, even though his thong had more intelligence, and Days has Dirty Dan.  They both even look - and undoubtedly smell alike.  

A bit off topic - do ya'll think Brady carefully plucks each hair off his body or does he have himself dipped??  

One more thing - I know one of you mentioned it and my apologies for not remembering who it was - but Anne's throwaway line to Theresa about Jenn not being at work because she's allergic was great.  

And mean one that I am, I also greatly enjoyed Anne's drive-by to drop off Abigail's crap at Jenn's house.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahaha...Will whining about how nobody has said anything nice to him about his article was everything. I loved how Marlena's response was, "We can't talk about this [because you are completely delusional and idiotic.]"

Did he want Gabi to call from jail to congratulate him?

Hee!! Probably, since he's in crazyland right now. I doubt it would even have occurred to him that Gabi most certainly would not have wanted him to write a hit piece on his mother and Kate, seeing as how she was adamant that she would not turn on Kami even to try to get a better deal for herself, because as she said, they had been trying to help her. See how that works, Will? You know, I rather floved Marlena today. I really liked how after she stood through all the many initial rationalizations of how writing the article was this noble act on Will's part, she got him to admit that it was just about getting published.

I do have to agree about NuWill's acting is atrocious. All he does is lower his head to make his eyes do that mean look or whatever that look is suppose to be, I can't tell what it is.

Yes, it does make him look mean and his face so eminently slappable (and seriously, someone needs to slap him already - like another poster, I too hereby pledge that I won't say mean things about Abby for at least 20 minutes if she punches Will on Monday). And the sad thing is, I really don't think GW is trying to convey "mean." I don't know exactly what he's shooting for, but I don't think it's that. But no matter how hard he tries, he really just has the one look, and if his head is lowered, it comes across as mean, and if his head is level, it comes across as creepily blank.

Where the hell is Lucas? Since Kate tipped him off yesterday about the article, I thought we'd be seeing him pay Will a visit today. Don't tell me he read the article and then just got back on a plane to go on some business trip again! What could possibly be more important than immediately talking to Will? I could have understood if he'd first visited Sami so that they could discuss their son and the situation, but he didn't visit her either. I was expecting BD to finally get some meaty scenes to play, but they had to use all his airtime to prop freaking Jordan and Rafe?? And Roman is just as useless. At least I've known where Marlena has been up to now - sitting by her comatose ex's side - and she managed to make the rounds of the family today. Has Roman even seen the article? Geesh.

I also really loved Marlena's expression after she saw the portrait of Kami. I snickered when she said there were things she didn't know about...

Ann's various gestures and comments as Jen prattled on were entertaining. Jen, I understand about sticking up for family against other people, but when in sticking up for your family, you just sound like an utter fool, it's a far better defense to just keep your mouth shut and close the door. Which she finally did, but way too late.

I do expect EJ will temporarily start working his way back into Sami's better graces, but I think we can see his doom coming. In answer to serenitynow's question - no, EJ does not know yet that Sami destroyed the incriminating evidence he had on her and Will. I've assumed all along that the reason Sami hasn't told him about that is because she wants to see if he's going to threaten her with it. Well, so far he's been smart enough not to threaten her, but he tacitly threatened Will today. I don't know if the writers will just leave it at that and have Will embroider this into a blatant threat when he tells his mother about it (after all, he managed to twist Sami's completely non-threatening words into a threat, so I can just imagine what he'll make out of an actual threat), or if EJ will threaten Will again and more explicitly, maybe actually go and attempt to retrieve the evidence from the safe, and that's when Sami finds out. But either way, she'll flip, and any progress EJ's made with her will be destroyed.

And Sonny ends up being the latest person to learn what Will of all people said yesterday: Going head-to-head with Sami never turns out well. He was so down and depressed as he talked to Will on the phone, because he's realizing what a rat he's married to. Sonny always knew deep down that that article wasn't right, but he had constructed various rationalizations of his own, first being that someone else would've written the article anyway, and Sami completely tore that down. And some of the other things Sami said...wow, it's like she reads some of the posts here!

• Love 7

Sonny always knew deep down that that article wasn't right, but he had constructed various rationalizations of his own, first being that someone else would've written the article anyway, and Sami completely tore that down. And some of the other things Sami said...wow, it's like she reads some of the posts here!

That WAS pretty impressive, wasn't it?  I swear it hadn't crossed Sonny's mind until Sami spelled it out that no-one but Will could have written that particular article, because no-one but Will would have been granted access to the truth the way he was.  Sami forced Sonny to see exactly how unscrupulous his husband was, and how completely lame and self-serving his excuses are.  

Lovely!

• Love 4

I feel like it was moving towards a love story until they found out James Scott was leaving. The way EJ always took care to tell her how much he respected and cared abut her and they way that he went after her in the supply closet made me think they would definitely have turned it into something more once AS left. So I can totally understand why KM was playing it that way. Once it was reported that JS was leaving they had to do an aboutface. I don't think we'll see the results of that "sudden" change until a few weeks before EJ's last airdate.

I don't think you can call it slut-shaming when she's been a piece on the side trying to stay that way. Slut-shaming is when women enjoy sex in a way that doesn't call for shame or derision. Abby was sleeping with her friend's husband and trying to keep it that way, if ever there was a time to call someone names, now would be it for both her and EJ.

Do you know the timeline for JS's decision to leave?  I know AS had announced her leaving last year, right?  And these shows are taped so far in advance, so they might have had to do some quick re-writes.  This entire SL and the Nick one, which facilitated it, seemed so disjointed and random at times.  A shame, too, because both had potential for days (heh). I don't think tptb really want viewer reactions to be "Huh?". 

EJ's attitude and comments to Abby could have happened for many different reasons, but I guess we'll never really know.  They could have made both a little more sympathetic had they written them to have a shred of dignity and respect for themselves and everyone else.  Abby didn't *have to* throw herself at EJ like that.  She didn't *have to* offer her services free of charge with an extended warranty.  But she did, and she did.  Yet, everyone in Salem is acting like she was at once a "victim" and a "survivor" of her own sexual affair!  The actions do not match the reactions and that's what actually bothers me.  Because it's everyone, not just like her brother or someone else very close to her, who you'd expect to want to stand up for his sister.  I feel like we (the viewers) are being pushed towards liking/agreeing with certain characters and pushed towards disliking others (Sami, basically and to a lesser extent, Nicole and Kate).  The balance is out of whack.  There's no perspective being given to the characters. 

I don't see it as shut-shaming either.  It's not about Abby being a woman and having sex.  It's about her complete lack of integrity, honesty, and respect.  Which is a pattern to her character/personality. 

ETA:   And if we want to talk slut-shaming, can Nicole be first, okay because she was the actual victim/survivor of sexual abuse and exploitation.  And that has certainly been used against her (not just the stuff she is actually responsible for).  Theresa, too, has been called-out wrt her sexual history.  Hell, Sami is even bashed for all her husbands and almost-husbands.  JJ is now being put down for being sexually active while away at school. 

But Abby can't even be taken to task for going after married men, twice now?  And not even by the wife (who if it were anyone but Sami would be receiving heaps of support)?  I mean, really?  She's not being slut-shamed.  Her "crimes" (if you will) just happen to involve sex.  She would still be a liar, a cheat, and a disloyal person with another crime. 

Now, where do I go to surrender?  Anybody know, anybody have the directions?  

One more thing - I know one of you mentioned it and my apologies for not remembering who it was - but Anne's throwaway line to Theresa about Jenn not being at work because she's allergic was great.  

And mean one that I am, I also greatly enjoyed Anne's drive-by to drop off Abigail's crap at Jenn's house.

I'm in, but I don't know where it is.  Buddy system?  Wherever it is though, the place needs to have an open bar. 

That line from Anne was the BESTEST thing on this show out of the entire week! 

Really wish that Anne and Theresa could be allowed to care about something else than the two beige and one tan stains.  I like them together and separately, being snarky little greek choruses.  Throw pop-up Victor  and non-sobby Nicole in there and it's a party.  This show is just not fun --  there's nothing (purposefully) funny or exciting about it.  I mean, I like drama and all that soapy stuff, but the sl's they are peddling are kind of just so ...  aaah ... annoyingly boring and never-ending.  Where's the mischief?  The sexiness?  The sweet moments? The suspense? The FUN?  Boo. 

I had high hopes (I know) for the JJ and Paige thing, because I thought they could bring in some good youth-related summer hijinks like we used to get, now that Paige has decided to use her words, with her mom and friend (who by the way, think just wants Paige for herself.  Which would be cool, too).  But, if it's even possible, they are more boring than their parents. It's times like these when I miss Jack. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

I don't see it as shut-shaming either.  It's not about Abby being a woman and having sex.  It's about her complete lack of integrity, honesty, and respect.  Which is a pattern to her character/personality.

When she's the one paying the most, lost the most, is being called the whore while EJ gets off scott free. Doesn't lose Sami, his family, his house, his company and is walking around like normal and even always approaching Abby to talk in private. I consider it slut shamming.

Sami's blaming Abigail far more than she's blaming the man who promised to love her, who was her fiancee, who had no intentions of telling her the truth.  She's blaming the woman, calling her names, outing her to the public, while EJ instead gets tears and pleads for him to save and help her. 

EJ has no consequences at all, while Abby is the one that apparently needs to be tarred, feathered and declared a whore all over town. Is slut shamming.  Her family, loving her and supporting her is apparently wrong. It's like she's more hated for her family still loving her. Like instead they should be calling her a slut and telling her off. 

Edited by Artsda

When she's the one paying the most, lost the most, is being called the whore while EJ gets off scott free. Doesn't lose Sami, his family, his house, his company and is walking around like normal and even always approaching Abby to talk in private. I consider it slut shamming.

Sami's blaming Abigail far more than she's blaming the man who promised to love her, who was her fiancee, who had no intentions of telling her the truth.  She's blaming the woman, calling her names, outing her to the public, while EJ instead gets tears and pleads for him to save and help her. 

EJ has no consequences at all, while Abby is the one that apparently needs to be tarred, feathered and declared a whore all over town. Is slut shamming.  Her family, loving her and supporting her is apparently wrong. It's like she's more hated for her family still loving her. Like instead they should be calling her a slut and telling her off. 

The way I see it, is that EJ is already loathed and despised by most Salemites.  He can't really get much lower in their estimation.  And a couple of them did accuse him of rape (not that that's exactly out of his wheelhouse, but still).  So, really he can't go much lower than where he already was.  What are they going to say?  They hate him *even more* than they did?  They know he's a despicable criminal.  He had been hunted down and yelled at, but what else is there to say?

Abby otoh, is *supposed* to be an honest, upstanding citizen.  A "good girl" even.  Her actions have shown otherwise.  So, it would follow that people would be shocked and upset by HER behavior, since that is where the discrepancy lies.  A "good" person who does "bad" things, *should* upset people.  And get people to start questioning how they view and care about that person.  Ethics are what a person does when no one is looking, so the saying goes.  If she purports herself to be an ethical person, she failed there.  And *that* is what should be examined.

As for the "whore" comments from Sami...do you expect the wife/partner to do...what?   I honestly don't understand how Sami is *supposed* to act?  Normal people in the real world get very upset at cheaters.  This is a soap, so behaviors are exaggerated and the wife also happens to be Sami Brady, so yelling is what she does..  Whore et al. are words that also get thrown around when people are upset, doesn't always carry the literal meaning.  I mean, otherwise, "bitch" wouldn't be used so interchangeably.  I can't see how that is slut-shaming.  She is not being called a slut for sleeping with Chad, for instance.  I guess it bothers me that she is being defended by invoking something that actually exists as a problem for women, when the situations are not at all the same.

Also, Abby has used those words (slut, whore,etc) on several of Salem's women.  So it's a little much to act (again) like she's a victim when she readily does the same thing to others.  She can give it, but looks like she can't take it.  That kind of person irks me.

*Oh!  I just thought of an example where the Horton's did exactly what Sami is doing but it was perfectly OK for them to do.  When Jenn thought that Dan and Theresa had slept together.  She went around yelling names at both Theresa and Dan.  Badmouthed them to her children and to anyone who'd listen.  Glared at them in public and was basically just like Sami.  And Dan and Theresa didn't even DO anything!  So again, perspective, Hortons.  Get some. 

And EJ is getting his.  It just looks different.  He is being called-out and humiliated in other ways.  Longer-term ways than Abby, actually.  And it's a different kind of betrayal to deal with when it's your partner.  The fact that she loved him is the very reason why it seems harder for her to write him off, like she did Abby.  When someone you love that much hurts you, the love doesn't just stop.   Sami has been shown to be very conflicted in her feelings towards EJ as many real people are.  And if Sami Brady knows one thing, it's self-preservation.  If she didn't have her kids and herself to think about, EJ's world would be leveled by now.  She has to be careful in what she does to him because it affects her and her kids' future.

I hope they don't have Sami forgive him.  I hope he has to sell his plasma just to buy a ticket out of town.     

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 10

I felt the dialogue was too weird to  consider the Ejabby thing as moving towards a love story in the initial  months. Although EJ was willing to sleep with Abigail, he never seemed to actually reciprocate her feelings verbally. She'd talk more about he really does feel something for her, and he'd tell her no and how he and Sami are blinded when they make love. Then he'd talk about how the whole thing was a mistake and that he was sorry he he had cheated on a "woman he loves more than his own life." Then we'd see the face-drop from Abigail.  While JS played certain things ambiguously because of the Nick murder stuff, he also seemed to commit to the idea of his character being in love with Sami. In the end, the Ejabby thing seemed more like a Fatal Attraction love story. Maybe down the road the story could have turned into a reciprocal love affair, like, uh, when Austin fell for Sami (shaking my head), but at the initial stages the whole thing seemed like a typical affair where the man seemed to be acting out his frustrations through an affair. Ken Corday appears to be annoying, but the fact that he said "we'd be throwing food at our tv" made me also think the storyline was meant to frustrate us rather than enamor us with Ejabby although I do think it's plausible that his idea of a good love story is one where we do in fact throw sandwiches at our tv.

Nonetheless, I feel the EJ and Taylor story came across as  more of an actual love story despite stemming from cheating. Both the dialogue and the subtext were played in ways that indicated EJ and Taylor loved each other, even though the story itself was stupid and came out of nowhere.

However, I do concede that the writers are so strange in terms of  what they consider romantic I do think it's possible they probably thought they were writing a really good love story with EJabby, and that KM was naive enough to think that a large portion of the public would like "the other woman" as performed by Abigail Devereaux, despite getting lots of warnings from her co-stars that she might be in for a rough ride.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

EJ has had plenty of consequences so far. Now yes, it may turn out that he gets Sami back, gets his company back, avoids jail, and doesn't get killed by the nefarious guys Victor warned him about working with or the shadowy characters he warned Kate about. But that is complete speculation, unless there are spoilers you've read that I haven't (I'm spoiler-free) - and it's just as easy for me to speculate the other way and think EJ isn't headed for a happy ending. But in the present, his wife has had him thrown in jail, is not in a real marriage with him, has taken over his company by tricking him, is merrily giving away all of his assets...meanwhile, Abby lost her entry-level job (and in not half the humiliating fashion as she could have suffered through - she was allowed to quietly resign rather than get dragged in for an embarrassing hearing and then been fired) and got yelled at by Sami once (while we've seen her yell at EJ multiple times and throw shit at him). Now this article, but that's Will's doing, not Sami's.

Sami's attitude has been completely balanced in my view, and she explained it particularly clearly and concisely to Sonny in this episode: She recognizes that both Abby and EJ were at fault. She knows that Abby and EJ switched off roles of aggressor and aggressee - at one time, what Abby did was "say yes" to EJ, at another time, she actually chased EJ down. EJ was the one in a committed relationship, but Abby is not an innocent. Also, it bears repeating, Sami thought Abby was her friend, and she supported Abby through a pregnancy scare never dreaming that the would-be father was her own fiancé. That adds a special sleaziness to Abby's actions than if she'd just banged the husband of some random woman - and let's not forget she's displayed that type of sleaziness before, in having the nerve to ask Carrie for advice on how to get a guy...Carrie's own husband! Point is, because Abby and Sami had a relationship, a friendship, this is not like an ordinary affair where chances are the mistress barely knows the wife, if at all. It means EJ isn't the only one who betrayed Sami.

But all the same, Sami's gone easy on Abby by her standards. Just look at that time Abby came over to the house to confront her about having to resign from her job, and Sami gave her those mocking little slaps. How many people has Sami slapped good and hard over the years? Many. But she hasn't bothered to give Abby a good whack. She's pulled her punches, literally and figuratively. Abby was even talking just before the article came out about how she's happy again - yeah, Sami really "destroyed" her life. Sami liked to talk tough about Abby while dealing with the idiots who would come up to her to defend Abby and whine about Sami being angry at her, but her bark has proven to be far worse than her bite where Abby is concerned.  Remember, she indicated to Jen and Abby the night of that confrontation that by morning, all of Salem was going to know about the affair, but it turned out that Sami had no intention of telling the world at large. She allowed Abby to resign rather than be fired. She has done nothing since, until the article - and as pointed out by JJ, Abby was all but identified in that article anyway. And it is not unreasonable to feel that if everyone else's name is being used in the article, there's no reason not to have the name of the mistress in there as well. Abby isn't a minor or a crime victim. There's no reason to protect her identity. That was just more shitty ethics on the part of Will "the public has the right to know the truth [but not all the truth, only the parts I want to tell]" the tabloid "journalist."

That tangentially reminds me of another great line Marlena had today - when she told Will that all the rationalizations he'd been offering made no sense. It's like she's been reading some of the posts here too! And she ultimately arrived at the same conclusion I did after a lot of time trying to make sense of Will's many and varied and often contradictory rationalizations, which is that they're all bullshit and just a cover for the true reason, which is that he wanted to get a cover story no matter what. And the dumb delusional idiot is shocked nobody he knows is praising his article.

• Love 8

That tangentially reminds me of another great line Marlena had today - when she told Will that all the rationalizations he'd been offering made no sense. It's like she's been reading some of the posts here too! And she ultimately arrived at the same conclusion I did after a lot of time trying to make sense of Will's many and varied and often contradictory rationalizations, which is that they're all bullshit and just a cover for the true reason, which is that he wanted to get a cover story no matter what. And the dumb delusional idiot is shocked nobody he knows is praising his article.

Marlena was pretty great with Will today. "we can't talk about this right now" and then just leaving. Sami and Sonny was also great, when she made him realize Will had traded on his relationships for the story.

I have been watching for six weeks or so, after decades away, so do not know much about Sonny, but so far he seems much too good for Will, who is, to me, one of the most immediately unlikeable characters I have come across in recent memory. He also has a terrible wardrobe; I have yet to see him wearing something I didn't hate.

I am loving this all blowing up in his face. I hope Abby punches him on Monday.

Edited by annabel
  • Love 5