Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Do you think they are just redressing Mar's townhouse for Theresa and Brady and now Victor and Maggie too? I'm looking for signs...is the wallpaper the same for all three?

EDIT: Okay the fireplace wall looks different, but still...

Today's show moved along fast. Kate and Deimos had time to talk with Nicole, have sex, then he goes to the club and has a drink while Nicole talks with Brady, then the three of them reunite to talk some more. Woah! Busy day...

Theresa calling John for help makes it a pretty cold day in hell!

I really like Nicole and just want her to get a good story separate from Brady, Victor, Daniel and Kate.

Where the heck is Ann?!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

I hope Summer's Eve and Clark are sprayed with pesticides until they stop breathing. 

What's the purpose of having these people start companies if the're just going to give them up months later?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

What's the purpose of having these people start companies if the're just going to give them up months later?

That.

Didn't they JUST establish Nicole/Theresa as kicking ass in buying out Kate? Why? OMG. I hate this so much.

• Love 3

Joey and Jade may be the best example of Romeo/Juliet that I've seen on a soap in some time? Why? Because I hate them. R&J were a couple of self-obsessed wanks who over-reacted to everything that remotely bothered them. And, as a result, many people died. I could not possibly root for these two less. Jade can die in a fire for all I care. Joey can get knocked out, go into a coma, and wake up with a completely different personality. An infinitely better once since it seems I have to clarify that for the writers.

Theresa telling Brady off about his hero complex was delightful. I particularly liked how she refused to accept his bullshit mansplaining it all away by putting it on her insecurities and her jealousy. The fact that she had a litany of proof and laid it all out to him was the best thing ever. We need this Theresa and we need her to interact with her Aunt Kayla some. Maybe get a gander at her cousin Joey and tear him to shreds for being such a tool. While she's at it, she can bitchface Jade right out of town. 

Theresa's super powers need to be utilized for more good!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I miss IzzyB and the ladies back in the day.

Loved Izzy B (and liked RoJohn with her!). Cried buckets when she died. Just as an aside, why the hell does Maggie need a long-lost daughter? I assume this show forgot all about not only Melissa but the never-seen-in-eons Sarah?

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Loved Izzy B (and liked RoJohn with her!). Cried buckets when she died. Just as an aside, why the hell does Maggie need a long-lost daughter? I assume this show forgot all about not only Melissa but the never-seen-in-eons Sarah?

And Janice??? Was Janice also her daughter?

Edited by Revlonred

Will keep today's commentary short.

Victor, STFU.

Summer, STFU and die.

Brady, STFU and pull your head out of your ass.

Kate, STFU and if you must date a dick, find one who is at least really in to you.

Deimos, STFU and get naked.

Nicole, you don't have to STFU at all, ever, unless it's about Daniel.

Theresa, SING OUT, SISTER!

• Love 9

Come on, Theresa, you should know by now that nothing anybody says to Brady registers with him.

What does Brady know about Kim, to say that Theresa sounds like her?

Now that Victor is no longer running his corporation and living in a mansion, he dresses down.

Ugh, why split off Theresa and Nicole into a different company, only to have them come back under Basic Black again? And will Nicole really accept a job where where she would be working for Kate?

Julie really can't read a room, can she?

• Love 5

Theresa was superb today wasn't she?  That's the awesome girl I like to see, someone who calls people out on their crap and who can site chapter and verse of Brady's over-developed hero complex.

What the heck did that jackass say to Summer/Cindy?  That she was as upbeat as Kurt Cobain?  Ah yes, SHow, let's mock a man who had severe emotional problems and ended up killing himself.  I'm sure his daughter and mom think crap like that is endlessly funny.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Theresa calling John for help makes it a pretty cold day in hell!

What I don't get is why she wouldn't have called Shane.  Unless we get scenes with these 2- which I would like, but I doubt- I think it would be more likely to call your dad instead of the guy you brained with a poker.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

I don't remember anyone named Janice. I think the not-missed Dan, Melissa, Sarah, and now, retcon Part Deux (Dan being the first) Summer are Maggie's brood.

6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't remember anyone named Janice. I think the not-missed Dan, Melissa, Sarah, and now, retcon Part Deux (Dan being the first) Summer are Maggie's brood.

Janice was her foster daughter and she has an ornament on the Horton Tree...

• Love 3

Did Henderson get laid off?

Hopefully, Victor's new condo/townhouse has some accessible washrooms too.

Nicole was pretty smart, actually, in meeting Theresa and Brady about Basic Black and DJ Wear. At least Deimos heard her offering to sell the company to Theresa and Brady. Kate should be smart enough to know that in all the thugs she's known before, that Deimos will probably meet the same fate. By now, she should be able to smell them coming from miles away.

Summer/Cindy/whatever, go away. You are too old to be moving in with your newfound mother. Except for establishing a friendly adult relationship with her, if you want, cut it. And Brady, really, don't believe the woman when she says it's only $50,000. It's a lot more.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Julie really can't read a room, can she?

Didn't you mean Julie really can't read a̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶?̶   Loud, yes, smart, no.....

45 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Theresa was superb today wasn't she?  That's the awesome girl I like to see, someone who calls people out on their crap and who can site chapter and verse of Brady's over-developed hero complex.

She's tremendous and I hope this is the start of Show knowing they've got gold in the actress and the character and are going to use it.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, boes said:

Didn't you mean Julie really can't read a̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶?̶   Loud, yes, smart, no.....

She's tremendous and I hope this is the start of Show knowing they've got gold in the actress and the character and are going to use it.

After many months of catching up here, I can now really see the appeal of Theresa and the actress who plays her. Not just the charm, which she has in abundance, but the way she completely inhabits the role--yesterday's scene--gold, absolutely. And gold wasted in the face of Dead-Eyes-Brady.

The Summer plot? Absolute going-nowhere crap on a cracker. Who cares? Unless she gets permanent work as Maggie's bathroom lady.

Now, speaking of Maggie, and as a long-term fan of SR, I really loved her retorts to Victor yesterday--to the effect of "cut the Greek crap," and so on. I'm so glad she has a major storyline and she's bringing some steel to her part.

• Love 8

I was traveling for a few days and still getting used to things around here, so I've missed a bunch of eps and comments but I'll catch up fast.

Re yesterday's episode -- can Kate appear to be any more pathetic than how they're writing her story right now? This pisses me off. I can't believe she just folded like that to go to bed with Diemos, and just took his blather about Helena and Nicole. And for the first time in forever, I actually took note of her age versus Nicole's. This can't be what Lauren wants for her character. Ugh.

Loved Theresa calling Brady out on his stupidity. Of course it fell on deaf ears -- honestly, that man has zero self-awareness.

Think I'll skip over the kiddos in jail...

• Love 5

For as much as I loved Vincent Irizarry on Guiding Light, I'm a little surprised I'm not sure I even like him here.  It's possible it's the writing, with the way so many of the characters have been reduced to walking and talking plot points.  I was really hoping he'd make something about the show fun to watch again.  Oh well.  

We don't even get to watch Jennifer make a drug-induced mockery of her life at least once a week.  Sheesh.    

• Love 1

So the "condo" is actually a town house? How is Victor supposed to get Maggie upstairs? He has a heart condition, and no staff! I don't think Summer can do it, either. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Is the master bedroom downstairs? Some are. 

How stupid and boring is this show that we're nit picking how a character gets up and down the stairs in their home?

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Revlonred said:

Didn't Janice's birth mother regain custody?  I was a little kid when this happened, but Maggie drunk driving with Janice in the car was one of the first stories I have a real memory of. It's fuzzy, but it's a memory.

Jade came across stranger than usual today.  I wish they would do a better job with all the "greenery" in the "park" and "outside shots".  The show looks awful.  So, Joey  is running away with a small backpack.  And a really weird girl.

Julie should take it down a notch.  Whenever she and Doug wander into a scene I expect  them to start a cabaret number. 
Stephen Nichols can do so much with his right eye.  I liked his line about the dingo.  

• Love 6

I feel Fynn is overstepping his bounds. Steve and Kayla are Joey's parents and he should have minded his own business and let them talk without interjecting.

Why is Failure not under heavy medication at all times?

What is the purpose of this Joey and Jade stuff?

Please tell me Ciara isn't going to be involved in a triangle between Theo and Chad. 

• Love 7

Fynn needs to butt out of Kayla and Steve's conversation. Steve is right, he had a right to know about Joey being arrested.

Abigail is creeping me out. KM was actually doing a good job in these scenes. Ironically.

I love it when Julie talks about her teenage years.  The first episode of the show, where she was caught shoplifting, always makes me laugh.

Why is Claire wearing her hair like that? At least she's being the smart one about wondering how they can afford a place.

Does the hospital not have a break room?

I liked Joey when he was with his parents today.

Abigail's doctor grabbing Chad's arm is not acceptable.  Be more professional, please.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I feel Fynn is overstepping his bounds. Steve and Kayla are Joey's parents and he should have minded his own business and let them talk without interjecting.

2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

12 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Fynn needs to butt out of Kayla and Steve's conversation. Steve is right, he had a right to know about Joey being arrested.

If her condition is that perilous and delicate, then she shouldn't be working at her high pressure job where lives are in her hands.  He was really obnoxious and at least Steve gave him some nice dirty looks.

• Love 3
(edited)

This week overall has been a mess.  I couldn't even bother with posting cause you guys covered it.  

As for today, Joey, in the words of the late, great Ray Charles, "Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more. Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more."  And for added good measure, take your nutter butter girlfriend with you.  Having said that, I did like your scenes with your parents, but then again SN and MBE can elevate anyone or anything.  

I like the potential temporary pairing of Kayla and Finn, but the show is doing the wrong thing in making him someone fans overtly hate, because that hate will only spill onto Kayla, but given that we're back to the Higley era, that might be the point.

Will never not hate Hope with Rafe.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, boes said:

Nope, I think they all know Victor set him up.  Maggie certainly does, and it's been indicated that Justin and Brady know, too.  It's just that Victor is the horror they're used to, so what he did is okay.  Deimos, on the other hand, is new, so must be destroyed.

Much like the show.

LOL ! I've ffwd'd through most of the stuff, but I am kinda interested in Nicole and Deimos. I don't see a lot of chemistry so far, though. The teens are awful, except Jade. I have to keep watching to see if I really am into anyone else's storyline. I am so disappointed this show, as well as GH, continue to waste WK. But hey, Days is using him more. So they get a ++ for that.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm glad I'm not the only one not loving Vincent I. He's a touch stilted as Deimos...not that the character is great. Whenever he speaks, I just hear an actor trying not to let it come through that he thinks the material is a little juvenile. Honestly...who wins an empire by having their rival sign ONE PAPER in this day and age?

Don't get me wrong, he looks like he's having some fun, but I get the sense he feels like a clown at a birthday party, you know?

How long has it been since Nicole had a good storyline? I started watching again when Eric returned as a priest and Lord knows it's been crap since then.

I have to keep telling myself Kate is playing an elaborate game to buy her in any of these Deimos scenes.

I feel bad for the actress playing Jade. She's more likable than Paige but this character and plot is just going to run her into the ground.

Can we place bets on when they're going to pull the trigger on her being Ava's kid? I expected it would come out as soon as she and Joey got carnal. They're trying to throw us off the scent by dragging it out, LOL...I wonder if they'll abandon it and try to act like that wasn't the plan for fear of audience backlash.

What am I saying - these are the people now setting up Ciara as Chad's mistress. Clearly, backlash is fine by them!

I can't help but love Doug and Julie. Sing us a song! Introduce us to the Irish dancers at the Inn! We need 20 CCs of fun...STAT!

I'm so checked out of this mess until next week. I recommend y'all do the same.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

9 hours ago, plurie said:

9 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

Edited by boes
Old post popped up, couldn't write a new one, this one posted on it's own. What's going on?
(edited)

My previous post was screwed up, something on the site.  An old post of mine appeared and I couldnt' get rid of it. 

Which sort of fits with the overall crazy of today's show.

I liked today.  Hate me if you must, but I even liked Joey, and that's a first.  He was good with both his parents and with Claire and Ciara, too.  I know the actress playing Jade has a thankless role but I think she's good too.  Even Ciara, when she's not in crisis mode, isn't bad.  Theo showing up at the end of the episode was the best, however.  The actor is just such a natural.

I should check to see if I have a fever because I also thought KM was okay today.  Of course, she's playing batshit crazy, and since she always has been, maybe I'm liking the fact that this time it's not being disguised.  Fearful and delusional is such an improvement over snotty and entitled, plus, she hasn't slapped anyone in ages.

Wasn't she supposed to NOT tell her therapist she's Fire Starter?  Will therapist turn her in now?  

Fynn was way out of line, but that's the only way Show seems to know how to portray a man being interested in a woman.  They have to be an ass to everyone else.  Job well done, Fynn.

Chad in adult mode is as good as it gets in Salem these days.  More, please.  It would make total sense for Ciara to develop a crush on the guy.  It only gets creepy if Chad returns the feeling.  A non-sexual, big brother kind of relationship would be fine.  Oh, wait, she HAS a big brother, but you'd never know it since they're never in the same scene.....

Doug and Julie were much less annoying than usual.  Julie, I can take, even enjoy, especially when she's referencing the past.  With Doug I always expect him to pull out a ukele and do a little soft shoe and then I just want him to fall, preferably face forward.  Yeah, I know, it's mean.  But he's always brought it out in me.  I like my ham on Easter.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

I wish they would do a better job with all the "greenery" in the "park" and "outside shots".  The show looks awful.

This cracks me up. Have you guys never seen a black & white movie? ;-)

(edited)
On 5/4/2016 at 11:35 PM, boes said:

I'd like to think that this show will wake up and finally give Jen Lilley the meaty storylines she deserves because I believe she can really shine if they just give her at least some good material but I seriously doubt it. They probably think she's not capable of handling them and that's why she is constantly handed garbage stories. I am honestly surprised that Jen Lilley has been around on Days for as long as she has, considering how many times Theresa's been put through the ringer. 

Edited by Braniac Woman
  • Love 4

The Hernandez bunch are an awesome addition to the show.   It was funny as hell seeing Dario/Ed go at it and it scared off JJ.   Sighs, Somethings never change.  Adriana and Eduardo have the best and natural chemistry on the show.    A Martinez can come cut salad with me anytime.  ?  He looks hotter in his 60s IMO. 

John,  ugh,  he didn't know til today Belle was a cheater and divorcing.   I swear if Jarlena stopped boinking for 5 minutes and actually cared enough about all their pathetic and stupid children... 

Oh and lovely Summer or Cindi or whatever the hell she wants to be called killed Clark.   I'm smelling yet another coverup. 

• Love 1

RoboMar, you really shouldn't expect any more than brief texts from Sami. Why would she want to have a full conversation with you? If you really care, maybe talk to Roman or Caroline and see if they've heard from her. 

Ugh STFU Dario. 

The Adriana/Eduardo reunion was very rushed. I didn't even know they still had feelings for each other. 

Oh wow, some newbie killed another newbie. I don;t give a single fuck. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

The Hernandez bunch are an awesome addition to the show.   It was funny as hell seeing Dario/Ed go at it and it scared off JJ.   Sighs, Somethings never change.  Adriana and Eduardo have the best and natural chemistry on the show.    A Martinez can come cut salad with me anytime.  ?  He looks hotter in his 60s IMO. 

John,  ugh,  he didn't know til today Belle was a cheater and divorcing.   I swear if Jarlena stopped boinking for 5 minutes and actually cared enough about all their pathetic and stupid children... 

Oh and lovely Summer or Cindi or whatever the hell she wants to be called killed Clark.   I'm smelling yet another coverup. 

I might get bash for saying this, but, I don't give a damn about the Hernandez family because they are another reason for Rafe to be on the show..I hate Rafe and his nonsensical presence on the show. I also hate Rafe because Lucas was thrown under the bus for him..Plus, the actor who plays Dario should have been cast as Alex Kiriakis..I want to see more of the Kiriakis family with Adrienne as the matriarch of the Kiriakis dynasty via her 4 sons as promised by Sherry Anderson years ago....The show missed out on a Eduardo/Eve pairing.....Fuck you Ken Corday....

• Love 2

Do people really run around with their phones turned off?

Ariana and Eduardo have great chemistry together.

Ari speaks!

John really doesn't know what's going on in his family, does he?

Why isn't Theresa calling Nicole instead of Brady and John?

Brady is a dick.

• Love 1

Ugh... I really want Theresa & Brady to work out their problems as a couple and deal with whatever issues they have together but not if Brady keeps on repeatedly blowing off Theresa and basically spending a huge chunk of his time on Summer... I get what he is saying about allowing second chances but he's referring to the wrong person. It just infuriates me and makes me sad because Theresa deserves to be treated a lot better than this... I'm very interested in what she might have to discuss with John. This could be good... And I can't believe that Brady actually gave the money to Summer and now she basically duped him. I knew she couldn't be trusted and I liked how Theresa handed her business to her. This is probably the most I've ever enjoyed of Theresa for the entire time she's been on this show ever!

Ugh... I only put up with the stupid Hernandezes only because of J.J. and Gabi. Can they be the new Chabby, please? I won't mind. Shut up, Dario! You have no room to judge your father especially considering your activities with Summer.

And wow... regarding Summer & Clark... that was the quickest send off I've ever seen on T.V. ever. I can't recall another character that has died as quickly as he has. I hope Theresa gets wind of this incident so she'll have a real reason to call the police. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I might get bash for saying this, but, I don't give a damn about the Hernandez family because they are another reason for Rafe to be on the show..I hate Rafe and his nonsensical presence on the show. I also hate Rafe because Lucas was thrown under the bus for him..Plus, the actor who plays Dario should have been cast as Alex Kiriakis..I want to see more of the Kiriakis family with Adrienne as the matriarch of the Kiriakis dynasty via her 4 sons as promised by Sherry Anderson years ago....The show missed out on a Eduardo/Eve pairing.....Fuck you Ken Corday....

Apprentice, we would probably have a blast watching old tapes together and dreaming of all the could have beens for the current show.  

I loved A Martinez back in the day, and could probably get into the family if not for Rafe.  (And the odd choice in facial hair.) Galen Ghering grates on me so.  And if there was balance for the rest of the families on the show.   Balance for everyone!  Relationships of all kinds for all!  

I really like Theresa and wish they would open up the Donovan family.  ANDREW!!!! (I'm screaming like Kim used to when he was kidnapped.)

• Love 2

Shouldn't Jeannie Theresa have grown up with Shane and Kim? They're not exactly destitute, I would think.  So why did Theresa tell Brady he doesn't know what it's like to not have money? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I see now why Maggie and Victor couldn't move back into her old house with Mickey, the Hernandez clan is living there.  Except for (maybe) removing a staircase I think used to be to the left near the door, it sure looks like her old place, rearranged.

I love Mamma Hernandez, a lot.  The actress has a such a natural flair to her acting, and I love that she's actually age-appropriate.  And a real adult.  What a concept!  She's a bit too old to still have a child in diapers and it was obvious that Dario needed to be changed.  Just STFU, you big con artist baby and leave your mother and father alone.

I sorta loved the whole Hernandez scene - JJ and Gabi, always, and today, even Rafe.  He didn't dominate the scenes, was part of the family interaction, not bad.  

Way to rain on the baseball parade, Mar.  Jawn is excited to go on vacation with Plot Point Son and she has to bring up Sad Sack in jail and Sami, who we (or at least some) viewers miss WAY more than she does.  I was wondering if Show was ever going to address Sami not returning after Stefano died, but I guess Mar doesn't know about the "EJ may be alive" stuff?

Summer is one piss poor con.  All she does is wring her hands, look dewy eyed and say, "What am I going to do?"  She did it with Bonehead - I mean, Brady, and then she did the same thing with Dario.  

And a little bit of overkill when she defends her grifting to Brady with "I had to to it to survive!"  What, she spent her life in some war zone?  I thought she lived in L.A., where plenty of people get actual jobs "to survive".  

Show has not hit one right note with this Summer storyline, not one.  I'm hoping that it will eventually turn out that she's faked the DNA test somehow and that she's not Maggie's daughter.  Or at least have Show explain why a 40-ish woman is playing a character who would AT LEAST be in her mid-50's.

Sparkle has fallen!  Did he gaze upon his beauty and be overcome?  Was he blinded by the whiteness of his smile?  Bowled over by his "two, two, two mints in one" persona?  

My apologies to those who love the Sparkle.  I don't.  Oh, I do not.  

Jawn really shouldn't have been permitted to reproduce.  His DNA hasn't exactly hit any home runs.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

I did enjoy the Hernandez family today...even Rafe.  Dario...not so much.  Adriana and Ed have a good chemistry going, I found them to be quite cute and could buy that they share a big history together.  I do really like mama-Hernandez and also think she was cast quite well.  In certain scenes I thought both Gabi and Rafe look like her and could totally believe her to be their mom.  

BTW, Gabi is so pretty and she and JJ look so nice together, they are a good pair.  

Slightly off topic, but just a tidbit I heard, I didn't realize that in real life, JJ and Paige were an item.  True O'Brien was on the Talk the other day after she won the Daytime Emmy and said that her boyfriend Casey is on the show and celebrated with her.  I assume this is indeed Casey Moss.  Well, good for them...

OK back to today...

Summer is a disaster in every way.  She is gross, and everything that she does is gross.  And she doesn't even own her grossness, she plays victim to it.  Ugh, just go away.  I don't dislike Marie Wilson the actress, but I do dislike the character she is playing.  She would have been better suited as either Melissa or Sarah Horton.

Wow, Theresa has Brady completely pegged and Brady knows it yet won't admit it.  He really is a doofus.  A doofus conned out of 50K by another doofus.  

John is rather dumb, but I didn't mind the Jarlena/Paul scenes.  Paul looked pretty rough at the end.  John's dad, "Rama-Lama-Ding-Dong" did a number on him, didn't he?!

In regards to yesterdays scenes, Abby is nuts and needs to be locked away for a good long time!  I can just see how Chad and Ciara will probably hook up eventually.

Also Ciara is an ungrateful little bitch to her mom.  Hope isn't perfect, but she is very, very supportive and forgiving and willing to do for her daughter.  She sure as hell doesn't over-crowd her, if anything she could have been there for her more in recent months.  But she is hardly a difficult parent.  She would do anything for her, so i don't get what the hell Ciara is whining about.  She is just so damn annoying!

• Love 6
On May 4, 2016 at 9:35 PM, boes said:

Jen Lilley and Billy Flynn co-presented an Emmy.  I am taking that as a hopeful sign that they will put these two together.  Please tell me they are not related (I have such a difficult time with the Hortons and Bradys etc figuring out who can hook up).

• Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, bannana said:

Jen Lilley and Billy Flynn co-presented an Emmy.  I am taking that as a hopeful sign that they will put these two together.  Please tell me they are not related (I have such a difficult time with the Hortons and Bradys etc figuring out who can hook up).

I'm pretty sure they're not related. Chad's a DiMera and Theresa is a Brady/Donovan. Also I don't think they're going to get together at all. The fact that they presented together means absolutely nothing. Camila Banus was originally going to present with them but she got switched out with Teresa Castillo at the last minute...

And besides, even if they were to get paired up, I doubt the relationship will last long since I doubt Chad would be able to tolerate Theresa's issues with her insecurity and jealousy. Unless Theresa gets therapy for her problems and learns how to deal with them I don't think she'll ever find a lasting, happy and loving relationship with anybody, never mind Brady. I think if her relationship with Brady doesn't ultimately work out, she needs to be alone for a very, very long time. And if she still wants a child she can easily adopt. 

Edited by Braniac Woman
26 minutes ago, Braniac Woman said:

And besides, even if they were to get paired up, I doubt the relationship will last long since I doubt Chad would be able to tolerate Theresa's issues with her insecurity and jealousy. Unless Theresa gets therapy for her problems and learns how to deal with them I don't think she'll ever find a lasting, happy and loving relationship with anybody, never mind Brady. I think if her relationship with Brady doesn't ultimately work out, she needs to be alone for a very, very long time. And if she still wants a child she can easily adopt. 

But she's got a kid, Tate, the child she had with Brady.

Just now, boes said:

But she's got a kid, Tate, the child she had with Brady.

Oh, sorry. I meant another child. Theresa did say to Brady the other day she would possibly like to have a daughter in her future. And what's going to stop her from adopting another even without having a father in the picture? It's not like she has an actual criminal record on file now. And besides, I have an inkling that Tate may be among those that might succumb to the virus during the CDC storyline anyway, so I don't think the poor kid is long for this world. Maybe the writers probably would like for Brady to finally be free of Theresa and Tate so he won't be weighed down by parenthood anymore and he can fuck all of the women he wants. 

• Love 1

I didn't appreciate Papa H bringing groceries to his wife/ex-wife's home. Uh, unless I asked you to bring groceries, you make the meal!

Nothing much will happen with Ciara until she stops her own personal pity party. And stops the mental spin cycle. People undergo worse than her. Maybe Aunt Kayla can take her to a cancer or terminal illness ward at Salem Hospital.  Maybe a family member can take her to volunteer at a homeless shelter. Her mother has lots of contacts and can easily set her up with a counsellor to help her deal with her pain. But she seems to want to re-live it and validate herself through it. Like some sort of weird mourning competition. Yes, sexual assault and rape happen to far too many women and many take a long time to process that it is a crime of power. Many sexual assaults still remain unreported and the perpetrator never faces any charges. Getting involved with Chad is not a very good idea. Yes, he is a semi port in the storm, but he also has his own problems to deal with and ones that may take a long time to heal. No magic wand for his wife's mental health issues.

Theresa can call out Brady, but she does need to deal with her insecurities and jealousy. Brady really isn't all that much in terms of the Big Picture. Theresa needs to value herself. Maybe spend some time on her own. Both she and Brady need to meet their demons and deal with them.  Absolutely co-parent Tate with Brady, but both are not in any way near anything approaching a healthy, loving relationship.

Kinda convenient that Paul just.... dropped.

It's also far too easy for folks to hit their head and die at the Salem Inn. Maybe it needs nerf furniture. I hope Summer (or whatever her nom du jour is) is just playing a long con, will eventually be found out and ran out of town with the Salem pitchfork collection. Now Dario is one of her partners in crime?

• Love 3