Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Ok I'm flipping back and forth between this and gh, because I can't with the Heart story...

But this show is really giving Maggie another child??? Seriously?? That's older than Daniel?? And yet no one at days wants to recast for Sarah Horton and/or bring back Melissa Horton.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Poor Joe.  I really did feel bad for him.  Though it was many moons ago, I still remember how it could seem like the world is crashing in on you when you're a teenager, especially when romantic feelings are involved.  

The only thing good about this Brady/Summer nonsense is Theresa being motivated by jealousy to insert herself into the situation.  I hate how this writing team has basically castrated Theresa.  It used to be so much fun to watch her dig herself into another hole.  

I think someone forgot what the gashes on Andre's face looked like right after the explosion.  There was one really long gash, now there's three that are about the same length.  Plus, should they still be so raw and bloody looking?  

LOL So true - Also on that note - Brady's heart scar has healed at superhuman speed while he still has cuts on his face from an accident that happened almost 2 months ago. 

• Love 3

Not a good sweeps episode when I found myself reading my e-book through 3/4 of the scenes today. 

I can't be bothered to care about Daniel's heart's sister.  I mean she tries to drown herself, then they're playing darts and chit-chatting.    And I agree, why bring a new daughter for Maggie, when she has 2 already.  I loved Melissa and Pete and would love to see Melissa again. 

[edit to add:] For some reason though, I don't remember much about Sarah.  Must Google her.

The only scenes I lifted my head from my e-reader to watch were the Steve / Kayla / Ava ones.  As much as I now dislike Ava, at least it puts Steve and Kayla onscreen.

Not too interested in the new teen.  Jade, was it.  I realize budgets are tight, but I'd still like to see these teens in a school setting, rather than just hanging out at murder park.

Was there anything else today?  Don't think so.  Again, not the most sweep-worthy episode.

And though they weren't on today, I STILL HATE that Hope killed Stefano and she and Rafe framed Andre for the murder.  Just hate. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 7

I'm not an expert on all the history so correct me if I'm wrong, but instead of bringing one of several off-screen daughters Maggie has in, they made up some new one linked to dead Dan?

That's so stupid.  Why do soaps do that, make up new characters instead of using the bank of characters that already exist?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

I'm not an expert on all the history so correct me if I'm wrong, but instead of bringing one of several off-screen daughters Maggie has in, they made up some new one linked to dead Dan?

That's so stupid. Why do soaps do that, make up new characters instead of using the bank of characters that already exist?

It's the same thing with Shawn Christian. He'd been perfect as Mike Horton many moons ago but Corday just had to make him into the saintly manwhore doctor Daniel Jonas. His wetdream.

If the show wanted Marie Wilson back they could had just made her Sarah Horton. She already favors looks wise as a young Maggie. Then they could had gave Sarah a backstory into why her ass hasn't been in Salem for like 25yrs! Since it's been Dark Days lately they could had said she was married to an abusive husband and she killed him self defense. Marie Wilson could had played the hell out of that since she's good at playing cuckoo thanks to her years on ATWT.

Days and their miscasts have always annoyed me.

It still pisses me off no one wants to cast Jon Hensley as a Mike Horton. He still has his handsome looks last I saw him.

• Love 6

If the show wants to bring back legacy characters to the show, how about they bring back, Bill Horton, Max Brady, Andrew Donovan, Kim and Shane Donovan, Stefanie Johnson, Alex Kiriakis, Joseph Kiriakis, Victor Kiriakis Jr, Noelle Curtis, Sarah Horton. Noelle Curtis and Sarah Horton are biological half sisters via Neil Curtis. Mike Horton and Robin. I loved them back in the day and they have a son Jeremy. Melissa and Peter are also missed along with their son Nathan. Eugene and Calliope and I loved Eugene's friendships with Bo and Marlena. How about Don? Marlena's first husband..Did he ever come back from mailing that letter.. I don't give a damn about Summer and I hate her already. Am I the only one who remember these characters... So much wasted potential on this show . It is infuriating...Ken Corday is an idiot, not to mention he is a sycophant of that hack Higley..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

Is Nicole staying in Brady's room, or where is she keeping the clothes she was planning on slipping into after her shower?

Jade is going to be Joey's new girlfriend?  She's cute. But she looks older.

"Any idea why Ava would want to OD in your living room?"  Jeez, Roman, that was a stupid question.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 4

So let's see... in the past couple of months DAYS has brought on Tamara Braun, Jean-Paul Levoisier and Marie Wilson. That's a trifecta of actors I cannot stand. They also booted Kassie DePaiva (the reason I gave the show a try in the first place) and have relegated Wally Kurth to 'oh, that guy we may or may not see every once in awhile.'

Not cool, Show. Not cool a'tall.

• Love 9

It still pisses me off no one wants to cast Jon Hensley as a Mike Horton. He still has his handsome looks last I saw him.

I don't know who Jon Hensley is, and for me Michael T. Weiss will always be Mike Horton.  However, I'd be ok with someone else playing him, as it would be cool for Jennifer's big brother to be back in Salem.

If the show wants to bring back legacy characters to the show, how about they bring back, Bill Horton, Max Brady, Andrew Donovan, Kim and Shane Donovan, Stefanie Johnson, Alex Kiriakis, Joseph Kiriakis, Victor Kiriakis Jr, Noelle Curtis, Sarah Horton. Noelle Curtis and Sarah Horton are biological half sisters via Neil Curtis. Mike Horton and Robin. I loved them back in the day and they have a son Jeremy. Melissa and Peter are also missed along with their son Nathan. Eugene and Calliope and I loved Eugene's friendships with Bo and Marlena. How about Don? Marlena's first husband..Did he ever come back from mailing that letter.. I don't give a damn about Summer and I hate her already. Am I the only one who remember these characters... So much wasted potential on this show . It is infuriating...Ken Corday is an idiot, not to mention he is a sycophant of that hack Higley..

I don't remember all of them, especially the Kiriakis boys (must have been when I stopped watching), but I definitely remember Mike & Robin, and Eugene & Calliope, and others.   And I do realize they need some new characters, but not one's that make no sense, like egg babies!

• Love 4

I don't know if you all are aware of this, but Daniel was Summer's rock.

And Brady's rock.

And Nicole and Theresa's and Maggie's and the rock for all the Salem Doofi who put up that shrine.  He was the rock of the Salem manscapers, the dipilatory supplies, the rock of plastic shark teeth, the SUPREME ROCK of the deodorant-challenged.

He was a Rock.  

Rock.jpg

He was a rock,

I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries.

Daniel is like that crap you get between the treads of your shoes, that no matter how you scrub or scrape, never completely goes away. 

I would ask this board, though, to all join together and list all the ways Daniel has helped each of us, how he has touched our lives, made everything better

And he lights up our life,
He give me hope, to carry on.
He light up my days
And fill my nights with song.

Right?  Of course, right.

Can't wait for Summer to get to Salem, she and Theresa are going to be SUCH friends.  As for Maggie having a condition that made her unable to care for her baby, was that her over-dependence on hair spray at such a young age?

Why didn't Kayla and Steve just bury Ava in the back yard and be done with it?  If Roman takes her accusation seriously I hope his wig slips off and his dentures fall out.  

Jade and Joey - I don't know....he did a decent job yesterday but I don't think Show should strain his reserves.

Edited by boes
  • Love 16

Is this Summer business supposed to be interesting? It is a big snooze fest and are wasting Ari Zucker and Jen Lilley in this. Insecure Theresa got old two months ago and we are probably in for more. And just to be consistent with my bitching, someone else that keeps Dr. Tan's memory alive. UGH.

If I was Kayla I would have just left Ava on the ground to die and claim I didn't find her until then.

• Love 10

I think I love Joey. When he stormed out of the house yesterday going 'I WISH I WAS DEAD!' it was just... teen drama!!!111!!!OMG!!ELEVENTY!!! Hilarious. Still, I'm glad that Steve told Joey what was what and that Joey was suitable grossed out by it, and angered by it, and humiliated when Steve brought up the whole crush on Ava thing as well. Honestly, this is the only storyline I'm watching because the others are... well... troublesome.

1. This crap with Brady, Nicole, Theresa and now Summer. First of all, it's still all about Daniel and I simply cannot. Second, it's brought Marie Wilson back onto my screen which I resent because I've not been able to stand her whisper/scream dichotomy since the 90s when she was Karen Wexler on Port Charles. (It's bad enough I have to deal with TB's Ava... at least I get Steve and Kayla with that. And Joey, too.) Also, Summer's "I couldn't resist the siren call of the Pacific Ocean" salt water hair the last two days was stupid even through fast-forwarding. And if I'm going to watch people play darts I'll just go to the local pub because at least I don't have to listen to anyone talk about Daniel. I assume that's what they were talking about because Daniel was a saint among us and only the good die young and he was too perfect for this world... Frankly, if I watched any of that mess I would be like Joey: Wanting to die.

2. I don't like Hope and Rafe killing Stefano and framing Andre for it. Actually, I'm torn... because in a way it's kind of awesome to beat DiMera's at their own game but I really don't like seeing the heroic characters dragged down to this level. Then again, it seems that the only way to take the bastards down is to sink to their level. It's just a mess... I mean, I'm not remotely rooting for Andre to be vindicated. Especially not with this bullshit mind fuck he's laid down that has Chase raping Ciara.

3. Speaking of which... Odin's Ravens, people... this Chase and Ciara stuff is hard. I'm not even going there with the Chase side of things but watching Ciara flat out say she's never going to see this boy as a brother and knowing why but having Hope continuously talk about how this is all a misunderstanding and they'll all work this out makes it hurt. At some point, Ciara's going to crack... whether it's to Theo or to Hope or even to Jennifer (if we ever see her again, at this rate it's questionable), who knows, but it's going to happen and Hope's going to feel like an even bigger pile of shit than she already does. And then Andre's part in this is going to come out and, again, I hate seeing heroic characters dragged down into the sewer to finally get the big bads, but Andre deserves all of this and more. I don't want him to win out over Hope. I just don't. Salem makes me question my morals...

Which brings me back to the whole Ava-tasrophe. This bitch. *sigh* I will say I laughed for about a minute when Steve's first question was 'Is she dead?' with just the right amount of hopefulness to it. Also, JJ! You had one job! At least he wasn't remotely interested in her creepy as come ons. As far as older women go, Eve was a much better choice than Ava. That's not saying much, I realize, but the point remains. And, also, JJ is dating Gabi. Who is as lush and gorgeous as a ripe peach just plucked off the tree. Ava is smug and delusional and those are two things guaranteed to disgust me to the point of 'just go.' Not a love to hate, not an entertained in spite of myself, not a interested because they're just great to watch. None of that. Just go. Go and go for good. Your ancestors would not be proud and there will be no songs of victory sung for you. You are a blight; a pestilence and that's one of the issues in this town...

The villains are so despicable that I wind up being pretty much okay with the heroes doing whatever they have to do to take out the trash. Use family ties to get out of trouble? Fine! Ignore the rules of law? Okay!

Salem (and Higley and probably Griffith, too) makes me absolutely content with frontier justice. Hang 'em and hang 'em high. Let the buzzards feed off them. If these creeps were any worse I'd be rooting for drawn and quartering. That's what I'm reduced to... but, hey, watching Kayla backhand and slug that thorn in her side is a delight. That I root for.

• Love 20

If I was Kayla I would have just left Ava on the ground to die and claim I didn't find her until then.

Agreed.  When she saw her laying there with that needle sticking out of her arm, Kayla should've just turned around and left for coffee and a chocolate chip croissant and let nature take its course.

I'm ignoring all things Saint Daniel except for Dario.  Yummy, yummy Dario.

• Love 11

I was really hoping the people who said "Dena's leave of absence is starting soon, everything's going to get better" were right. But the show has just become even more atrocious. There is literally no redemptive value in Josh Griffith's writing. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. Holding out hope for JJ and Gabi - that's the only storyline I look forward to now, even if I do think it's skeevy that JJ did Paige, her mother, her aunt and now her half-sister. (And Gabi has been involved with two of JJ's cousins - boy, she must really want that Horton ornament badly!)

I was faintly amused by Ava trying it on with JJ - he did look like a stripper cop in his uniform ...

• Love 2

Theresa has gone back to being pathetic and annoying. Someone slap her eight times.

I give negative fucks about Summer's Eve. Someone shoot her eight times. 

If a crazy freak gives herself an overdose of drugs in your home in an attempt to screw with you I feel like maybe you're allowed to ignore the Hippocratic Oath and let nature run its course. 

Why are there teens on here saying things like "totally rad party"? Clearly none of the dialog writers are under the age of 40. 

Why eight times?

Sami needs to come shoot Ava in the head. 

I wish Victor hadn't sold the club to that beast.

If Abifail 2.0 wants Claire to know she loves her maybe she could, I don't know, act like it. Maybe spend some time with her instead of humping Phillip. 

Oh wow, of course that kid who got beat up conveniently runs into Sparkle Paul. Whatever. 

• Love 6

Wow! Joey embraced his Grandfather Duke's genes and snuffed the life out of that Witch..All of the Johnson men have scary dark sides, except for Sonny.. I am torn about Joey becoming homicidal. I am happy that Ava is finally gone, but did Joey have to be the one to kill her. They could have easily cast a day player to kill off Ava. We all know that bitch has enemies waiting to get one over her...Griffith writes the show like it is criminal minds.. I find his writing to be devoid of any type of lightheartedness and fun..Where is the love in the afternoon? Bitchy Belle and Philip who needs a lifetime supply of moisturizer do not count. Ciara has been raped, Chase is a rapist, Hope killed an unarmed man and is covering it up with Rafe and now Joey is a teen murderer. It is just too much...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

"For the record, Phillip and I are not seeing each other any more."  Liar.

"I hate this place. It's dark and creepy."  Welcome to Days of our Lives, Ciara.

I thought Paul knew Theo has autism.

Worst. Rave. Ever. Besides the fact I couldn't see what the hell was going on.

• Love 8

I don't even have words. What's next, Claire becomes an ax murderer, Lizzie Bordening Belle and Oompaloompa? Theo uses his knowledge of all things to plan a bank heist where several hostages and security guards are killed? Kayla decides to Kavorkian her patients? Roman decides to be a competent police officer?

In the plus side, Dear Ava -- Die B. Die, Die some more and then Die again, and while you're at it, keep dying!

• Love 7

That was like the most awesome rave EVER!!  It almost usurps the keggers in the Murder park that JJ and Paige used to go to--WOO HOO!!!  :)

I don't even know what to say about the rest of the show.  It is rather amusing watching VI's Deimos act circles around "the soap superstar"--that's rather fabulous :)

• Love 5

I think that the dogs across from me barking and salivating at what is on my barbecue was 10 times more interesting than the lame 'rave'. Um, where was the techno music and the more rampant, er, drug use, like ecstasy and the more deadly fentanyl?

I don't remember if Joey was wearing gloves. His prints will be all over it. He may have done a public service, but the list to get back at Ava was quite long. Who knows, someone may still walk in on him.

Creepy Chase for lingering around the Horton house.

Does Belle have plans for Claire to be a bar/lounge type singer? Maybe Claire should join a band!

• Love 1

As long as Ciara was still wearing the same outfit I was holding out hope that she would tell someone and go have a rape kit done. But now she has changed clothes and probably showered, so oh well.

Why refer to JPL as "the soap superstar"? Was he ever on anything other than OLTL? He never won any awards for that I don't think. This is VI's fourth or fifth soap at least, and from what I've seen over the years he's always been great.

• Love 3

Many sexual assaults are unreported.

Ciara could have easily spoken to her mom, or her Aunt Kayla, or even one of her teachers. Salem surely has some sort of crisis helpline. Yes, it takes a lot of guts to come forward. It would make a good story for young high school and college age women to find the courage to stand up.

I grew up in an age with no cellphones and no social media. No Facebook, Twitter, sexting, etc. Music videos were still in their early incarnations. Today's young women have many, many more options for help.

• Love 2

This is the first time I actually FF'd through most of the show, only going back to catch Deimos.  

Belle was as horrible as ever - she really thought that buying her kid a club was a good idea?  Too bad it wasn't an actual club Claire could use on her.

The Ciara rape has the potential to drive me away from the show.  I detest every single aspect of it.  

I did enjoy watching Joey do to Ava what pretty much everyone else, on Show and in this forum would like to do. 

• Love 6

I don't believe Joey actually killed Ava. He will believe he did, confess to Steve and/or Kayla, they'll take the fall to protect him and then later it will be revealed that she was still alive when Joey left and some random dayplayer came in and finished the job. 

• Love 3

Today's episode was by far the worst I've seen in awhile.  Thankfully I'm playing a video game that requires you to grind to achieve higher levels, and well, that gets tedious.  Days is good background noise while I do my thing in the game.  There is no way I'd be able to watch it without some sort of distraction.  

And maybe this will be unpopular, but darnit, why do they always have to have the rape victim keep the secret from everyone? Can't she tell a friend at least? I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for her to tell Hope and...nothing.  Then again, it still is the same day.  I want little Ciara and Chase back and for this rape story to just go away.  No matter what, I can't warm to VJ.  The talking through her teeth thing is just too distracting.

Would it be too much to hope for that Joey is successful in smothering Ava? Nah, that would be too easy and tidy.  Just once it would be a beautiful thing if they gave us a fast, clean ending with one of these crazy plans working out.

And yes, bring a little bit of the feisty Theresa back! I don't want her full force, but just not so weak.  They had a good thing going with Kate, Nicole, Theresa and Ann.  Too bad they blew it to make room for Daniella, the second egg baby.

• Love 3

Last time I checked, Sonny was in Paris working at one of Victor's clubs but in today's episode, Justin said that Sonny is working in Titan Paris, and Justin also said that Sonny can come back to Salem and be Victor's right hand and work at Titan--if this means the delicious Freddy Smith is coming back, then I say "YES!!"

Andre pretty much threatened that if Chad walks away from him, Chad will regret it for the rest of his life.  Please let that mean that Andre plans on hurting Abby in some way.  And unfortunately, Abs was back on the screen, looking rather the worse for wear--I knew we couldn't go a week without seeing that harridan.

I also have no problem with Hope's killing Stephano and framing Andre--for too long the DiMeras have floated through Salem hurting people with zero consequences.  I kind of like Hope beating them at their own game :)

• Love 4

So I assume Sonny is coming back and since Sparkle doesn't have a love interest they'll be slapped together and will forget that Will ever existed. 

I'm surprised that it looks like Joey really did murder Ava. I thought the writers would leave some type of loophole so they could later claim someone else did it. I wonder how many more people will become murderers this year. 

Of course they finally kill Stefano off but have him be innocent of the thing that got him killed. 

• Love 3

I still don't like that Hope killed Stefano, Rafe helped cover it up, Andre is being framed and now Roman is ok with it.  And I hate the Chase/Ciara story-line.  And not loving that Joey killed Ava. 

However...  I am liking the change in the feel of the shows.  The interaction between characters is better - less isolation.  And Caroline was back. And Justin.  Even Abigail wasn't horrible (i always felt I'd hate her less if she wasn't on screen 90% of the time).

I'm even slightly curious about the mystery phone call to Hope. 

The lighting is still very dark though.   And I wish they wouldn't show texts on the phone instead of the tv screen, as from my sofa it's too small to read, and when my cat is napping on my lap, I can't just hop up to go closer to the tv.

• Love 3

So I assume Sonny is coming back and since Sparkle doesn't have a love interest they'll be slapped together and will forget that Will ever existed. 

As long as Sonny stops being Sonny Poppins and shows his inner Kiriakis, I'm good. Added bonus: Facial hair.

I'm conflicted about Paul. If they don't fix the Will situation and insist on acting like WilSon never happened, then why not put PaulSon together? They have good chemistry. I'm torn between my Will bitterness and wanting some kind of LGBT presence besides bff status to straights. 

I guess I'm open to seeing what happens.

• Love 4

My observations

LOL... Roman didn't care Andre got arrested and how Stefano died. He just happy their was some justice brought on them period. Welp, you can add him part of the cover up.

Joey is finishing off Ava. For someone as dangerous as Ava, she's getting off easy.

The Joey and Chase future prison scenes will be interesting. (That's not a spoiler! I'm just joking.)

Caroline getting fresh with Deimos

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

So...Roman has no problem in allowing Crazy Andre to fry for the one murder he DIDNT commit. And he let Hope off the hook. Then he runs over to the hospital to arrest Steve for the murder of Crazy B**** Ava. We know which in law Roman likes best.

• Love 2

Yes call Belle and see if she can stop humping long enough to be an attorney.

That's expecting too much.

Go, Caroline!

Damn, Hope, way to throw Rafe under the bus.

Sonny coming back?  Good.

James Lastovic is standing up well to Mary Beth and Steve.

That was clearly Deimos whispering on the phone call to Hope.

is Dr. Malcolm not dead?

• Love 6

So...Roman has no problem in allowing Crazy Andre to fry for the one murder he DIDNT commit. And he let Hope off the hook. Then he runs over to the hospital to arrest Steve for the murder of Crazy B**** Ava. We know which in law Roman likes best.

Yes especially since he told Steve he wanted Kayla to kick him out on his behind.

• Love 2

Welp for me, I liked today's episode.

Seems like Beth Milstein is making an effort to put these characters somewhat back in character. Even eliminating characters that weren't working like Ava. I have recognized they are moving along with the stories that seem to be stuck or head scratchers (I just wish that god awful Summer Eve/Braniel story never happened just ugh).

Anyways...

I'm glad Hope felt some guilt for killing Stefano. She's not Kate, Sami or Nicole where if they killed someone they wouldn't feel anything. Hope even when she screws up she has some level empathy and sympathy for what she's done. Plus I'm glad she told Roman about it. That means Roman will probably tell the others like Jawn and Marlena soon, guess what, they won't be mad Stefano is going to gone they will see it as his karma. The only person I will feel for in this is Theo because he only saw Stefano as his grandfather and not some sick criminal.

As for Ava getting killed off, it is what it is. Tamara Braun still is a good actress IMO. but her return was awful and speaks to vortex of suck of one Dena Higley as a headwriter who can never do a creative storyline.

I also like Caroline wasn't here for Deimos bs. Caroline just needs to learn to keep certain things to her chest like Celeste would had done when she got "the vibrations"

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2