Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I love their scenes together, you can tell how much the two of them trust each other and it's not "acting."  I was an occasional viewer until hearing SN was returning and then I started watching again.  They leave, I leave  :-)  

Yes, Lisa, me too (well, not the leaving but I'm with you in spirit, lol). The part I picked up on between Stephen and Mary Beth in this interview was their pre-taping practice of just centering themselves in their characters by looking into each other's eyes. I have to say I'm glad I'm not married to an actor -- that degree of intimacy with someone else may be hard to deal with. But I'm sure glad it works for them! 

• Love 4

Her interpretations of the show kill me. And for a while she was giving an interview a week discussing the stories (some of which like Nick's madness and death she wasn't even involved in).

There was the one where she was talking about how Sami was her best friend so it was hard for Abby.

Or when she talking about EJ taking advantage of her and using force when it came to the affair.

Her characters intense loyalty and honesty that drives all Abby's actions.

Clyde and Kate being Days most romantic couple.

I wanna insert a gif for those sound bites but none is eye rolling or making a reaction expressing how "what the FUCK?!" her recaps of her show are.

• Love 8
Belle.....I'm starting to think Shawn is a saint for just divorcing her and not burying her alive.  She's one of those types who thinks they're a lot cleverer than they are,  and don't know that simply because they're so self-absorbed they never notice how many people dislike them.   Good thing Sami never managed to sell the twit - she'd have been sued for selling a defective product.

boes, I think this is the perfect description of Belle and why she irks me so badly.  This whole Chad 's trying to seduce her would be far more interesting if she wasn't taking him seriously. if she pointed out their age difference and told him to go back to the kiddie pool.  That would seem more believable then Belle's accepting that a young man in his twenties would be all over her--at least have her feeling a little self-conscious and then the fans would be on her side.

I remember when Sami told Jordan about Rafe's cheating on her with Kate and Abby was absolutely horrified that Sami had the gall to come between a couple who were happy and in love--KM played that with zero irony or self-awareness so her reaction to Belle and Chad just made me roll my eyes.

I am really looking forward to Nicole telling Kate off for her mean-spiritedness and I hope Nicole and Theresa maintain this level of frienship and loyalty.  It's rather refreshing.

• Love 6

I don't know... Abigail was always a liar. Maybe not a cheater in the strict sense of the word -- but she did lie a lot to try and cheat WITH, rather than on,  people.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid criticizing KM too much because overall I think this is the best interview I've read from her, but I had to roll my eyes at this. Abifail's defining characteristics are the ease and frequency with which she lies and her inappropriate sexual behavior. KM seems to have a tendency to minimize Abifail's bad behavior and I'm not sure why.  

• Love 5

I don't know... Abigail was always a liar. Maybe not a cheater in the strict sense of the word -- but she did lie a lot to try and cheat WITH, rather than on, people.

Mansi is usually talkative about interpretations in her interviews -- not sure if a lot of them make sense when it comes to Abigail though, or if her interpretations match up with what shows up on screen. Maybe the producers have told her to just believe that Abigail is really a nice person with integrity or to forget what her character did to try and get with EJ and Austin.

I did wonder if she is leaving the show though -- she said that this is the first time in 5 years the show is telling complicated, compelling, and real stories, and usually actors don't dis the previous writing unless they're leaving.

Shes probably getting media coached via Days/Sony. Someone has to been reading or watching her interviews the last few years and knows she needs help. It's possible.

But honey don't make me re-pull out my streamers, fireworks, and strong alcohol I had for New Years. I will do the samba if your theory ends up being true. There has been that rumor since late last year since she hasn't reuped her contract yet. Her contract ended December 2015, BF's ends at April 2016.

http://www.jason47.com/days/contractstatus.html

When do most start filming for plot season? She might be already gone since Days films 6 months ahead. Heck I will be shocked if BF stays on soaps long. He has enough talent to be on primetime or in movies.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I bet the writers will ruin Nicole and Theresa's friendship to, probably on Ken Corday's orders.

Chemistry is subjective, but I thought Sami had weird chemistry with Chad (BF), Nick, JJ, and Eric.

Will (CM) and Chad (CD) had all kinds of chemistry to.  A Will, Sonny, Chad triangle would have been interesting.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

Good interview with Billy Flynn, Kate Mansi, Stephen Nichols & Mary Beth Evans:  http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/days-of-our-lives/billy-flynn-kate-mansi-stephen-nichols-mary-beth-evans-interview-days-of-our-lives/2015/12/30/

I thought Kate Mansi came across well, which is why I thought I'd post something positive about her in this thread where she and her acting choices are constantly criticized. No spoilers in the interview, BTW.

Glad Kate had to fight for Billy, I'm glad she won and she must have saw something in the tests she did with him. The show should be thanking her and grateful. 

I don't even want to know who the show was considering/pushing for since they've failed with a lot of other recasts.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Glad Kate had to fight for Billy, I'm glad she won and she must have saw something in the tests she did with him. The show should be thanking her and grateful. 

I don't even want to know who the show was considering/pushing for since they've failed with a lot of other recasts.

Yeah, the first scene they shared I was won over. The chemistry just jump off the screen.

• Love 1

Funny the girl who struggles with acting actually knew which actor would be good to do scenes with. Hmm or is that what she wants us to believe? It's too bad I don't see it on both ends with KM and BF. I stand by my opinion, BF carries a bulk of their scenes together, I still pay way more attention to him than I do her or equally. That's why I can't understand how they are built into some supercouple for the most part.

The journalists and she call Chabby a super couple because the show wants them to be a super couple. It's twitter is always talking about it. I personally think they aren't if any newish coupling is getting to that status maybe bold and beautiful Raya or CarRidge.

It's that appeasing factor I been speaking about. It's the social media and other forum boards that's keeping Crabs viable and their fans begging for critics in the industry to call them a "supercouple."

I dont believe in "supercouples" anymore in the current state of daytime. After seeing a lot of my favorite couples throughout daytime be ripped apart and poorly written once they break up and then eventually put back together several hundred times, I just don't see that term as something that should be used as a high regard or taken lightly any longer. I personally believe now in term "good pairing" or "good coupling".

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

When do most start filming for plot season? She might be already gone since Days films 6 months ahead. Heck I will be shocked if BF stays on soaps long. He has enough talent to be on primetime or in movies.

I can see BF leaving the show and trying out for primetime shows or even movies.  As far as KM goes, I don't see her leaving DOOL long term.  She might leave, but would be back quickly when she doesn't have people thinking she's the best thing to grace our TV screens.  

• Love 3

I can see BF leaving the show and trying out for primetime shows or even movies. As far as KM goes, I don't see her leaving DOOL long term. She might leave, but would be back quickly when she doesn't have people thinking she's the best thing to grace our TV screens.

Agreed. But, you never know, she might luck up in Hollywood like Shelly Henning and score something big and become a fairly decent actress. Some of these young actors use daytime to get their feet wet and get their experience for their resumes til the next best thing come along. It could very well happen for KM. BF might not have much of a problem getting work outside of Days since he has that charisma and talent to take him wherever he wants to go. Sky is the limit gor him.

• Love 1

Her interpretations of the show kill me. And for a while she was giving an interview a week discussing the stories (some of which like Nick's madness and death she wasn't even involved in).

There was the one where she was talking about how Sami was her best friend so it was hard for Abby.

Or when she talking about EJ taking advantage of her and using force when it came to the affair.

Her characters intense loyalty and honesty that drives all Abby's actions.

Clyde and Kate being Days most romantic couple.

I wanna insert a gif for those sound bites but none is eye rolling or making a reaction expressing how "what the FUCK?!" her recaps of her show are.

When did EJ take advantage of the princess.  Could that be when she stalked him into the shower for dick.

• Love 2

There was the one where she was talking about how Sami was her best friend so it was hard for Abby. Or when she talking about EJ taking advantage of her and using force when it came to the affair.

I want to play Marvin Gaye's Mercy Mercy Me about now.

Did she forget Days is not a radio soap but the audience can actually see and hear what they tune into. Jeez.

• Love 5

I think KM did a lot of speaking on Rob Wilson's behalf too -- like how he was frustrated with what the writers trying to the character until they turned him into a serial killer.

I would probably characterize Chabby as a "good coupling" rather than as a super couple. So I agree that the former term works better in today's soap context.

I'd probably watch KM if she did a fitness video. I think that sort of thing is what she excels at, and seems the most interested in according to her Instagram. I have a feeling we'll wind up seeing her in a reality show before we see her in a prime-time one. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I'd probably watch KM if she did a fitness video. I think that sort of thing is what she excels at, and seems the most interested in according to her Instagram. I have a feeling we'll wind up seeing her in a reality show before we see her in a prime-time on.

God... this statement has so much shade

• Love 3

I hate the way that the show has aged the legacy children. It throws me off as a longtime viewer. Abigail and Brady should be the same age. They were both born in 1992. In fact, Isabella wanted them to grow up together as friends because she was close friends with Jack and Jennifer. Brady looks so much older than Sami and Eric who are much older than him. Carrie, Sami, Eric, Shawn Douglas, Andrew, Theresa, Stefanie, Nicholas Alamain,Jeremy, Nathan, Sarah Horton should be close in age. While Belle, Brady, Abigail, The Kiriakis brothers, Will, Ej and Philip should be in another group as contemporaries.

I always hated the aging of Ej. Chad should have been Ej. Kristen and the original Chad had fantastic chemistry. It would have been cool to see Elvis being tempted by Stefano to join the Dimeras. While Susan try desperately to save him from them. It would have given Eileen Davidson a chance to reprise her roles as both Susan and Kristen. James Scott could have come on the show as a completely different character to wreak havoc on Salem and on Lumi.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I think super couples were one of the things that lead to soaps demise.  There was a time when super couples existed because for whatever reason, a certain couple clicked with the fans.  Often times it was a couple that was never intended to be a couple, or be long term, but they garnered a huge fanbase so the writers incorporated it into the SL.  Then, unfortunately, writers and show runners started to believe they could manufacture super couples, and force/dictate which couple and characters the fans should like.  That didn't work, and rather than accepting that they couldn't control the fans, the idiot writers decided to start telling fans why they were wrong for not liking certain couples or characters.  {face palm}  Telling the viewers that they are to stupid to understand your great writing, is not a way to get them to watch a show.

It is kind of amusing that the characters involved in the car accident have been referred to as "to stupid to live" so many times.

Am I really supposed to have any sympathy for Stefano and his, "I'm just so tired" whining?  I really wish Sami, Kate, and Nicole had got to team up to take out Stefano, Kristen, Andre, and EJ.

Sami, "I'll help you out with that problem Stefano."  Sami shoots Stefano in the head.

Nicole and Kate, "Why did you get to shoot him?"

Sami, "Because I actually hit what I am aiming at.  Besides you got to poison Andre, all three of us threw Kristen in the river, and we buried EJ alive.  What are you complaining about?"

• Love 4

This is why I just don't care for actors interviews on story and don't expect them to explain or justify character rationale. Some of the beauty of things is the audiences interpretation. And it gives some mystery. Like I love Daniel Day-Lewis and Christian Bale and they seldom give press. I don't really want or need them to decipher what plays out on screen or defend their villains, because they are separate. My favorite artist is Salvador Dali and the beauty of his work is a lot of it is embedded in dream interpretation and surrealism. So like what I or you or the guard looking at the painting what they derive from it reveals more about their own experience and mindset.

I think KM has a bit of cognitive dissonance when she says those distorted or strange things about her character since she plays her or feels Abby is a certain kind of way, and she's not just watching and uninvolved. She is young so maybe she doesn't get the character does not have to be to be some kind of hero or peerless. If she accepted that maybe she's provide more nuance in the portrayal. (I doubt it) but maybe. Buffy, Veronica Mars, Summer Roberts, George on Dead Like Me all were heroines but flawed and a bit annoying but likable since the actors were willing to accept their characters darkness and faults.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

I'm sorry, I want to put this in Bitterness but I'm blanking out on how to carry over a quote.

I think super couples were one of the things that lead to soaps demise.  There was a time when super couples existed because for whatever reason, a certain couple clicked with the fans.  Often times it was a couple that was never intended to be a couple, or be long term, but they garnered a huge fanbase so the writers incorporated it into the SL.  Then, unfortunately, writers and show runners started to believe they could manufacture super couples, and force/dictate which couple and characters the fans should like.  That didn't work, and rather than accepting that they couldn't control the fans, the idiot writers decided to start telling fans why they were wrong for not liking certain couples or characters.  {face palm}  Telling the viewers that they are to stupid to understand your great writing, is not a way to get them to watch a show.

I think what you're describing is what's happening now with Chabby.  There's a LOT more media these days.  Back when we had Bo and Hope, Shane and Kim, Patch and Kayla, Jenn and Jack, their relationships were years in the making.  They weren't destroyed the moment they got happy.  They weren't continually subjected to triangles and squares. That changed with Belle/Mimi/Shawn/Philip.  They went on adventures and took it slowly.  There's enough going on in any relationship without needing interlopers.

Dead Like Me is in my top TV series.  Damn, I just found out a young Ellen Muth played young Selina in Dolores Claiborn and nailed it because it's running on TV repeats and I don't have cable.  The pivotal point for me was when she examined why she didn't try to run away from the toilet seat. And reestablished her relationship with little sister Reggie. She was likeable because it took death for her to examine her lost young life.  Nothing like we're seeing in failure.  Sorry to be so off topic, guys and girls.

• Love 5

I think super couples were one of the things that lead to soaps demise. There was a time when super couples existed because for whatever reason, a certain couple clicked with the fans. Often times it was a couple that was never intended to be a couple, or be long term, but they garnered a huge fanbase so the writers incorporated it into the SL. Then, unfortunately, writers and show runners started to believe they could manufacture super couples, and force/dictate which couple and characters the fans should like. That didn't work, and rather than accepting that they couldn't control the fans, the idiot writers decided to start telling fans why they were wrong for not liking certain couples or characters. {face palm} Telling the viewers that they are to stupid to understand your great writing, is not a way to get them to watch a show.

rwuxdi.jpg

Thats what I've talked about with a friend recently about Days.

Days for decades has put the "supercouple" before story sooo many time I think thats been one of main problems why it lost a lot of its viewership the last 20 years now. If that's one thing I have respected about the ABC/CBS soaps they recognized story on all their soaps were the most important thing. Look how many times Luke/Laura and Nikki/Victor broke up and had good pairinga with other people, thats because the stories were good. If you dont put John and Marlena and Bo and Hope back together in 6 months people tune out, they lose interest or go ape shit one. That's because Days made its bread and name off the supercouple.

Yes, you need love in the afternoon but it's the stories that keep viewers watching ans engaged.

A good story can always make a great couple shine. A bad couple and force feeding a couple down an audience throat will chase viewers away. Corday did say in a 50th interview he wouldn't be doing the "supercouple" crap anymore (maybe because of the budget can't pay for two strong performers anymore). We'll see. It won't stop Crab fans believing Chabby is one though.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Chabby do not have enough angst to be a supercouple.

Maybe I have a shallow view of what the term of a supercouple should be.

When I think of a supercouple: I think of a romantic pairing with chemistry, action/adventure, go through trials and tribulations, with a huge fanbase!

Can someone show me where I see this in Chabby??

• Love 4

Chabby do not have enough angst to be a supercouple.

^^^This. The problem with assigning the supercouple label to Chabby (and really any modern pairing) is that the soap writing now simply doesn't lend itself to that definition. Days' supercouples were considered that status because it sometimes took years to finally get couples together but that was only after multiple angsty, push-and-pull storylines. I've posted about this before but today's instant gratification TV viewership habits just make that kind of storytelling impossible.

• Love 5

^^^This. The problem with assigning the supercouple label to Chabby (and really any modern pairing) is that the soap writing now simply doesn't lend itself to that definition. Days' supercouples were considered that status because it sometimes took years to finally get couples together but that was only after multiple angsty, push-and-pull storylines. I've posted about this before but today's instant gratification TV viewership habits just make that kind of storytelling impossible.

Yes. Yes. Yes

Watch those old Roman and Marlena and Bo and Hope clips from the early to mid 80s, that was supercouples done right.

Now the casual soap fan wants instant gratification and patience is no longer a virtue into building strong, beautiful couples anymore. It's not just with Chabby - it's with Jason/Sam, Jason/Liz on that other show.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3
ships and supercouples are confused sometimes. I think the last newish supercouples I know of were Zendall on AMC and several on Degrassi The Next Generation like Palex, The OC had a couple, and Dawson's Creek -Joey and Pacey, and One Tree Hill like Naley. Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

ships and supercouples are confused sometimes. I think the last newish supercouples I know of were Zendall on AMC and several on Degrassi The Next Generation like Palex, The OC, and One Tree Hill like Naley.

Ahhh stop!!! Hate you.

• Love 1

The MBE and SN parts of that interview were interesting.  They are very cute and so respectful of each other as actors and friends.  I wish the interview had only included them, or had included PR and KA instead of BF and KM.

Her [KM's] interpretations of the show kill me.

Seriously.  This part especially:

I would read a script sometime that would say “Abby goes home to Ben after just being with Chad.”  She would then say to Ben, “What do you mean?  Chad just touched my face.  C’mon, we’re engaged.  Get over it.  I’m choosing you!”  Meanwhile I’m thinking if my boyfriend said that to me that wouldn’t really fly!  I had to say, how do we make this truthful then?   Chad and Abigail had this gravitational pull to one another that you can’t help but deny.  But then that made Abigail a liar, and a cheat.  But that is not who the character was, but this was about Chad and Abigail’s love that was bigger than them, in a sense.

WTF is she talking about?  She'd only been in the role a few months before Abigail became obsessed with Austin, gaslighted him, and stalked him ... all while pretending to be Carrie's friend.  She slept with EJ and aggressively pursued him, again while pretending to be Sami's friend and sucking up to Sami and EJ's children.  She played Chad and whatshisname against one another, and slept with Chad even though she was involved with (engaged to?) the mannequin.  Abigail's defining characteristics are being a liar and a cheat.  No wonder KM can act worth a shit - she has no idea who and what she's playing.

• Love 10

Funny the girl who struggles with acting actually knew which actor would be good to do scenes with. Hmm or is that what she wants us to believe?

What she wants us to believe? Not sure why she's being hated on for something she didn't even say. It was Billy who said he only got the job because Kate fought for him. She's the one who disagreed and said it was all him. 

The personal hatred around KM with some of these comments over an interview is like she personally did something to people. It's disturbing. She's just an actor doing her job. 

It's that appeasing factor I been speaking about. It's the social media and other forum boards that's keeping Crabs viable and their fans begging for critics in the industry to call them a "supercouple."

It's not fans who really can make supercouple status, I think it's more media. There was an article back months ago,  it was even before the serial killer story or Chabby slept together that said how they were now a super couple. I didn't see it, to me super couple the last I saw was Sonny/Brenda from GH or Sharon/Nick from YR. When they have that relationship that surpasses years and decades. It's the media promoting and building on the buzz of the chemistry and story where they see supercouple in them. Which is probably why BF and KM were even in this joint interview with the likes of MBE and SN.

I can see why the media wants to create a supercouple. With soaps dying, they don't have the time or luxury to build years of a super couple. The fact Chad and Abby have been on this push-pull-angst from since spring is pretty rare and long for shows now that have instant relations appear out of nowhere. B&B's Maya and Rick were brought up, they were together and basically had no angst at all. The angst they should have had with her being transgender he got over in a few episodes. Ridge and Caroline, her sleeping with his son and being pregnant with his child Ridge got over in hours, her being married to Rick was also a blip on their radar. 

Billy Flynn was even told in an interview and asked about how Chad&Abby are a supercouple. So the media definitely wants to take them there, but Corday doesn't believe in them so I think the media are just hyping them up because of the angst-push-pull they've had these past 6 months with Ben/pregnancy and whether anyone wants to believe it or not, they are actually very popular and the storyline has created a lot of attention for Chad&Abby.

• Love 3

Is the media under the impression that if they constantly lavish over the top praise on Abifail and Crabs that the people who don't like them will see the error of their ways and fall in line? Why are soap mags saying KM is the best actress in all of entertainment? They don't think hat's a bit much? If Crabs are really so super amazing they should be able to stand on their on merits without being propped by numerous veteran characters, have a serial killer story created just to give them cheap angst, and being elevated to super couple status by the soap press. If Crabs were treated like any old regular soap couple maybe I wouldn't hate them as much.

• Love 4

KM's interview was sad in the sense she had the nerve to answer questions directed at Stephen. I could only imagine the expression on his face as she took questions that were actually directed to him and his opinion of his couple. I give you:

"

MICHAEL:

Also, viewers got to see the emotional Patch, just not the tough guy Patch, and that is something only you can bring to the table in the manner in which you do!

KATE:

But you know what was so great about those scenes?  It felt really private.  I remember watching the scenes.  Stephen was still Patch being strong for Hope (Kristian Alfonso) and Kayla. They wrote it so you could have a private moment as two boys relating to each other.  I think that was a new side that kind of stunned all of us to see.  It was really powerful.

MICHAEL:

I even recall the day of Bo’s funeral.  Patch comes into the Brady Pub, and Patch was so overcome just telling the family that the car is here to go to the funeral, and he just broke down.   It felt so real to me that this is something that would really happen, if I was about to bury a loved one, or a family member.

KATE:

There was a heaviness to it.

"

Her character wasn't even in those scenes for crying out loud!!!! Her ego is obnoxious.

And KM's acting is awful. As some pointed to her weird wild eyed expressions and adHd ways. Why was she so fucking hostile to Missy Reeve's character, Jen Failure's mother? She acts like a 14 year old girl angry at the world and esp her mother for bringing her into it. Biting her nails and being a cold bitch to her sweet mom. It's so obvious to me that she thinks she is better than the show and wants desperately to be in something else.

And I really felt bad for Missy Reeves having to act with that selfishness. She doesn't deserve to be treated like that. KM did the same thing with BF's character when they were at the police station and she had just left Ben. BF reached out to her to show that they had become close as a couple and she completely ignored him and walked away from him. I couldn't believe it. Show needs to slam and lock that door shut as soon as she leaves.

Edited by daysgoneby
  • Love 6

Wow, she answered questions out of turn?  I just will not read her interviews since "stockholm syndrome" sticks in my head.  Earlier today someone said she learned to be a mother in the cabin.  Huh?  Fun post to read, daysgoneby, but there are a few rules.  For one thing we're off topic so we should be in Sands topic.  No spoilers either in Current Plots even about comings and goings.  Ha ha I'll bet she's trying to get jobs. If you have info on that I'd like to read it in Sands or Spoilers.  Um, I don't know what acting like a lesbian means but that won't be tolerated here.  Just trying to help.

I think she's taken it up a notch, not that it's helping. It looks like she got a little bit of help from the new writers but that was months ago and it isn't getting any better.  And yes about Jenn.  Her having to tell us that Failure is the most amazingly best mom and she loves Thomas so much honey made me queasy.  Because she marched off to interfere with Chad while her newborn was in the hospital and she made me forget about the baby too.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Wow, she answered questions out of turn?  I just will not read her interviews since "stockholm syndrome" sticks in my head.  Earlier today someone said she learned to be a mother in the cabin.  Huh?  Fun post to read, daysgoneby, but there are a few rules.  For one thing we're off topic so we should be in Sands topic.  No spoilers either in Current Plots even about comings and goings.  Ha ha I'll bet she's trying to get jobs. If you have info on that I'd like to read it in Sands or Spoilers.  Um, I don't know what acting like a lesbian means but that won't be tolerated here.  Just trying to help.

I think she's taken it up a notch, not that it's helping. It looks like she got a little bit of help from the new writers but that was months ago and it isn't getting any better.  And yes about Jenn.  Her having to tell us that Failure is the most amazingly best mom and she loves Thomas so much honey made me queasy.  Because she marched off to interfere with Chad while her newborn was in the hospital and she made me forget about the baby too.

Thanks for letting me know I'll post it there.

By the way, I'm not saying being a lesbian is a bad thing. But I don't think that is what the s/l is trying to drive at and it seems that KM is going that direction on her own agenda.

• Love 1

I have said before that I was not a Kayla/Patch fan back in the day, but they are really doing it for me right now. More of that would be good.

I don't know what Tamara Braun is supposed to be doing, but could she go do it someplace else please. Cannot stand even looking at her.

• Love 6

Maybe I have a shallow view of what the term of a supercouple should be.

When I think of a supercouple: I think of a romantic pairing with chemistry, action/adventure, go through trials and tribulations, with a huge fanbase!

Can someone show me where I see this in Chabby??

Thank you!   I know the supercouples of 2010's (any of them, not just Chabby) are not anywhere near the supercouples of the 1980's.  Then you had longing for each other and waiting, moving slowly and getting to know each other.  I do not see any longing or waiting with Chabby.  They had sex and then Abby went home to Ben and had sex with him. Sorry to all the Chabby fans, but I did not see any love and romance.  I saw sex.  But I don't even see chemistry between them.  I did see chemistry between Chad and Serena on the night she was killed.  

I read the interview with MBE, SN, BF and KM.  One thing that stood out for me was MBE said "I know I would hear Kate/Rob and Billy rehearsing scenes in their room, and Stephen and I would be working in our rooms.  For all of us, there was no phoning it in."  I was shocked.... KM actually rehearsed with Rob and Billy???  WOW!! 

• Love 4

I read the interview with MBE, SN, BF and KM.  One thing that stood out for me was MBE said "I know I would hear Kate/Rob and Billy rehearsing scenes in their room, and Stephen and I would be working in our rooms.  For all of us, there was no phoning it in."  I was shocked.... KM actually rehearsed with Rob and Billy???  WOW!!

That's what stuck with me. KM actually rehearsed her scenes and still came across as if she was reading from a TelePrompTer. She is an even worse actress than I initially credited her with being.

Reading that interview, I just got a case of the props two-fold. First Steve and Kayla are being used to lend legitimacy to Abby and Chad as a "supercouple;" second SN and MBE being used to prop/offset the bizarro statements of KM when allowed to speak on her own. Either way, it is clear that someone in a position of authority on the show knows Ms. Mansi does neither herself nor the show any favors when left to her own devices. She really does seem to live in the bubble of yes men who surround and support her delusions. Just look at her description of who Abby is, it's like she has no idea what's going on in her scenes, or she is so lacking a moral compass that she really doesn't see Abby's true nature. Sad to say, but perhaps the writers are simply reflecting what they see from KM and that's why there is no real growth or evolution from her character -- the actress herself just doesn't get it.

• Love 6

I wonder if MBE (and SN to a lesser extent) would have repeatedly said how amazing Crabs are and that she watches the show specifically to see that couple if KM and BF hadn't been there. MBE is absolutely entitled to her opinion and if that's how she truly feels then that's fine. I just find it weird that someone who was around during the 80s and 90s could think Crabs are so special. 

• Love 4

I don't think Chabby are a bad pairing (if you forget the stupidity of the actual story, and just go based on how the actors work with each other),  but I think BF's chemistry with Belle in her current incarnation has highlighted that he could probably be paired with anyone and make it work. What makes Chabby work comes down to him. 

• Love 6

That's what stuck with me. KM actually rehearsed her scenes and still came across as if she was reading from a TelePrompTer. She is an even worse actress than I initially credited her with being.

Reading that interview, I just got a case of the props two-fold. First Steve and Kayla are being used to lend legitimacy to Abby and Chad as a "supercouple;" second SN and MBE being used to prop/offset the bizarro statements of KM when allowed to speak on her own. Either way, it is clear that someone in a position of authority on the show knows Ms. Mansi does neither herself nor the show any favors when left to her own devices. She really does seem to live in the bubble of yes men who surround and support her delusions. Just look at her description of who Abby is, it's like she has no idea what's going on in her scenes, or she is so lacking a moral compass that she really doesn't see Abby's true nature. Sad to say, but perhaps the writers are simply reflecting what they see from KM and that's why there is no real growth or evolution from her character -- the actress herself just doesn't get it.

Thank you!

The position of power is Sony and less to degree Greg Meng! They want to make Kate Mansi this megastar on Days but I hate to tell them neither she or the current state of the Abigail character of her playing it and as it's being written isn't drawing new and old viewers to the tv like a Jennifer Horton, Hope Williams and Melissa Horton for that matter. I know they want to do that but baby just don't have it! I've seen this happen with Molly Burnett and Shelley Henning, Days wants to find the next best thing but the problem is their casting and writing for the supposed newer young heroines both suck. Nothing woos me to my screen when I see her or even that new teen set with those girls especially VJ. Using SN/MBE as props are cute amd using their fans to try and be "TeamChabby" to build a fanbase but it's not gonna make me change my mind one bit about how lackluster of an actress KM is going in year 5!

I don't think Chabby are a bad pairing (if you forget the stupidity of the actual story, and just go based on how the actors work with each other), but I think BF's chemistry with Belle in her current incarnation has highlighted that he could probably be paired with anyone and make it work. What makes Chabby work comes down to him.

THIS!!!

People can say what they want but BF and MM have way more chemistry together. Even BF looks relieved that he has an actress that can be his equal and give a

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

A couple of weeks back A Martinez randomly tweeted praising KM and BF saying how terrific they are on and off screen so maybe they really are well liked by some of the cast and they're seeing some sort of magic there. Whats amazing to me about that coming from A is that he would surely know what defines supercouples, he himself was part of one during his Santa Barbara days.

For me, it's way too early in the Chad/Abigail relationship to call them a "super-couple", because they've yet to BE A COUPLE.  At least not while I've been watching. 

First Abigail was with Ben and Jordan with Rafe.  Then Jordon dumped Rafe and got together with Chad. Abigail kept telling Jordan how Chad was such a bad choice because he would hurt her.  Eventually Jordan left Salem, Abigail and Ben got engaged, and then (or maybe just before) Abigail cheated on Ben.

Then she believed in Chad's innocence.  And then he saved her from Ben.   And they shared that one night together and it looked like they would be a couple.  But then the writers decided to brainwash Chad to dump Abigail and stalk Belle. So yet again, they are not a couple.

Now Chad is about to learn he is Thomas's father.  How long will this happiness last, before yet another obstacle comes up to keep them apart. 

If the show wants them to be a "super-couple" maybe they should let them actually be a "couple" for a while.

• Love 4

A couple of weeks back A Martinez randomly tweeted praising KM and BF saying how terrific they are on and off screen so maybe they really are well liked by some of the cast and they're seeing some sort of magic there. Whats amazing to me about that coming from A is that he would surely know what defines supercouples, he himself was part of one during his Santa Barbara days.

OK! Agreed. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I find it odd that everyone seems to support or praise KM. It's bizarre. I have never seen anyone get the same kind of attention or pass that girl gets. And trying to label chabby as a supercouple doesn't surprise me. It's all manufactured for her. Served on a platter and the audience doesn't get any say over the matter.

• Love 7

I vaguely remember Kassie De Paiva praising JJ and Paige as being the next big couple who could achieve super couple status. But then JJ wound up in bed with Paige's mom and Paige got murdered. So I don't know if praise from co-stars means much on this show...

I think KM does get along well with her co-stars and she seems to network well, so I can see why they'd praise her and whoever she's with as a potentially good pairing. They know her in a way that we don't -- if I knew her as a person and she was nice to me, I think it would be far more difficult for me to make fun of her like I do from a distance without knowing her. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I find it odd that everyone seems to support or praise KM. It's bizarre. I have never seen anyone get the same kind of attention or pass that girl gets. And trying to label chabby as a supercouple doesn't surprise me. It's all manufactured for her. Served on a platter and the audience doesn't get any say over the matter.

It's like the movie Carrie with SS about KM. They all making her feel special from Sony down to the janitors who puts fresh Charmin in her dressing room. Just the bucket of pig's blood hasn't came down yet of what they really could be saying about her "leading actress" skills

they_re_all_gonna_laugh_at_you-500x260.g

Exactly.

In the Fairman interview KM makes a comment that even her mother needs to be held by her mother when she herself needs to be held. That to me sounded like a complaint towards her mother not being there for her when she needed her* (That was the impression I got from her words btw). She needs constant coddling. I can't imagine the actors on Days really wants to be babying this girl through her "career" at Days when they have their own s/l's and careers to think about.

I will be happy if the show is finally freed from KM's "influence." It's been gut wrenching to watch her eat the soap I have always loved.

Edited by daysgoneby
  • Love 4

Oh, no. Surely AM was FORCED to post a YouTube video on some scenes he enjoyed Chad/Abby in recently. He probably hate this pairing with a passion. But the show FORCED him to do it! Nevermind his personal opinion. LOL.

• Love 3

I'm of the mind that the term "super couple" gets abused.  I actually dont HATE Chabby other than thinking theyre overexposed and I think BF is amazing but feel they arent anywhere super couple territory. But when veteran actors who have been around for ages talk about something they see I admit I start to question if its just my taste thats off LOL I've been watching soaps since I'm in elementary school and I was glued to my TV in the heydays Bo/Hope, Shane/Kim, Jack/Jennifer etc Now my daughter has been watching soaps (GH and Y&R) for about 8 years, also since she's pretty young and its bizarre to me even on other soaps besides DAYS what gets defined as "super couples", I remember her watching GH one day a while back and she said to me "has there EVER been a couple as awesome as Dante and Lulu"? I looked at her and said "Um YES. wanna talk awesome? one day I will sit you down and we will watch some episodes that show Lulu's parents when they were younger and you'll see something special".  I feel like any couple that catches on with popularity or has any kind of appear to even a small fraction of viewers people latch on to that term.

• Love 3