Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

OK, rather than talk about how horrible KM is "acting" as a "mother,"  I just have to say I loved the very few Steve and Kayla scenes today.  Steve DVR'ing the game and not wanting to go the party in case someone talked about it. Then Kayla sitting on the couch watching the game while Steve was getting ready, made me laugh because things like that is what really happens.  Personally I wish KM would be relegated to 5-10 minutes of scenes a couple of times a week and we could get 30 minutes of Steve and Kayla scenes three or four times a week.  

• Love 9

When Abigail asked/demanded Marlena tell her what happened to Chad under hypnosis, wasn't she asking Marlena to violate doctor/patient confidentiality?

Abigail is starting to have that same harshness she had when she was demanding EJ sleep with her and was talking about Sami's bed notches. She was softer for a little while, but I think she's reverted back. 

I want Belle to get Chad just so Abigail can weep over losing two Dimeras to a set of sisters.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

OK, rather than talk about how horrible KM is "acting" as a "mother,"  I just have to say I loved the very few Steve and Kayla scenes today.  Steve DVR'ing the game and not wanting to go the party in case someone talked about it. Then Kayla sitting on the couch watching the game while Steve was getting ready, made me laugh because things like that is what really happens.  Personally I wish KM would be relegated to 5-10 minutes of scenes a couple of times a week and we could get 30 minutes of Steve and Kayla scenes three or four times a week.  

I would be totally on board with this is we got a good storyline for Steve & Kayla interlaced with cute couples moments like we've been having. But it's the Ava plot that it keeps heading into that's going to drive me away. I wish her and Dr. Smarmy would get lost in a fog on the way to the party never to bee seen again.

Abigail is starting to have that same harshness she had when she was demanding EJ sleep with her and was talking about Sami's bed notches. She was softer for a little while, but I think she's reverted back. 

I want Belle to get Chad just so Abigail can weep over losing two Dimeras to a set of sisters.

This!  I've been thinking the same thing. It's like watching a repeat!

• Love 4

That obsessive hate for even breathing KM/Abigail gets is just ridiculous at this point.

I dislike the Abigail character as much as a lot of others do, but I agree not EVERYTHING she does is bad.  But that doesn't mean I want to see her onscreen most every day.  I wish they would backburner the character for a while, because even

poor doomed

Daniel isn't quite as annoying now that he's been off screen for a while.

• Love 7

Why is the show doing close-ups of the fake baby? Even American Sniper didn't go up that close to the baby Bradley Cooper was holding.

I feel all of Chad's brainwashing is on Andre. Just as everyone else is responsible for their own actions, so is Andre.  I don't care that Sami emptied out the accounts -- Andre should have the common sense not to torture his relative. And I really don't get how brainwashing is going to lead to Sami anyway. There must be some technicians that can help the Dimeras figure out from where and when Sami emptied the accounts. Andre probably just did the brainwashing for kicks, because this convoluted plan makes absolutely no sense to me. (Or maybe Andre secretly hates Abigail like the rest of us???).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I would be all over this. They have always been my favorite couple. We can watch the crime, backstabbing, manipulations, over-the-top plots and so on, plus have a little reality too. It keeps things in balance.

• Love 7

I dislike the Abigail character as much as a lot of others do, but I agree not EVERYTHING she does is bad.  But that doesn't mean I want to see her onscreen most every day.  I wish they would backburner the character for a while, because even

poor doomed

Six months without the incubator would be so great. Too bad it doesn't seem like KM is allowed to take a vacation. 

Why is the show doing close-ups of the fake baby? Even American Sniper didn't go up that close to the baby Bradley Cooper was holding.

I feel all of Chad's brainwashing is on Andre. Just as everyone else is responsible for their own actions, so is Andre.  I don't care that Sami emptied out the accounts -- Andre should have the common sense not to torture his relative. And I really don't get how brainwashing is going to lead to Sami anyway. There must be some technicians that can help the Dimeras figure out from where and when Sami emptied the accounts. Andre probably just did the brainwashing for kicks, because this convoluted plan makes absolutely no sense to me. (Or maybe Andre secretly hates Abigail like the rest of us???).

This is why I don't agree with the logic that if Sami hadn't taken the money Chad/Belle/Marlena/John/etc would be safe. Lexie developed a brain tumor and died as a result of being locked in a tunnel by Andre. Andre is responsible for the deaths of multiple family members. EJ and Stefano spent years trying to destroy each other. The Dimerias have spent decades coming up with excuses to torture the Bradys, John, Marlena, Steve, etc. As long as Steve and Stefano are alive all of them are in danger. If Sami hadn't taken the money they would've just come up with another reason to torture Chad and go after a memember of the Brady/Black family. It's what they do.

• Love 5

poor doomed

This could work. Maybe during her off time, the writers can come up with a way to buildup her character. Like a transformation. Take her from being clingy to Chad to being more independent and willing to be a single mother. Have her show more general emotion for her child. Let her admit her mistakes, ask for forgiveness, and actually try to make amends without being coddled. I never thought I would dislike the character of Abby seeing as how she is the first born of one of my favorite couples. I really wish that I could like her. Unless a situation like I have suggested above happens, I just don't see how I ever can.

• Love 3

Steve and Kayla really are everything.  I love their relationship and hope that Ave doesn't blow it all to hell.  Why can't they go on fun adventures instead of dealing with some crazy, vindictive, duck-faced woman?

Gabi looked beautiful today.  I don't have an opinion one way or the other about Paul, but liked him and Gabi together.  Neither one of them have any friends and they have Will in common.  Those two should remember he existed since no one else seems to.

Nicole taking down that French guy was hilarious, as was her doing to Kate what Kate did to Theresa.  And I'm loving Nicole in champion mode.  I'm also liking this version of Brady, though he's not completely off my shit list for the horrid way he treated Theresa for months.  But, EM and JL are so damn pretty together, and she makes him up his game in the acting department. 

I can't wait for the Basic Black gala.  It will get a big group of the cast together and who doesn't love a fashion show?  It's wearable art and performance art all in one.

Having to look at nu-Phillip's face must be punishment for all of the times I made fun of Abigail's face. (Abigail is nowhere near as bad-looking as this dude, so clearly someone in the universe decided I must pay!!!!!).

They're both equally unattractive to me, and sadly their talent level is closely matched as well.  In the past JPL was able to convey more emotion that the usual duh-face that KM sports for heavy scenes, but his many acting tics almost always got in the way.  Unfortunately they still do. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 6

I feel like someone needs to give Nu-Phillip a lot of moisturizer? Why is his face so weather-ed looking and beaten down for someone his age?

Money.  Millions of dollars.

Then she needs to stop whining about what Sami did, if she was tempted by getting paid...

Edited by bantering

Then she needs to stop whining about what Sami did, if she was tempted by getting paid...

Belle likes whining.

Put Abifail and Phillip together so their trash personalities and the poor acting abilities of JPL and KM can be contained. 

• Love 9

This could work. Maybe during her off time, the writers can come up with a way to buildup her character. Like a transformation. Take her from being clingy to Chad to being more independent and willing to be a single mother. Have her show more general emotion for her child. Let her admit her mistakes, ask for forgiveness, and actually try to make amends without being coddled. I never thought I would dislike the character of Abby seeing as how she is the first born of one of my favorite couples. I really wish that I could like her. Unless a situation like I have suggested above happens, I just don't see how I ever can.

This would all be great with a better actress. I'm serious if we had a better actress being Abby AND she was on 3-4 times a week, then I wouldn't have a big problem, hell, I would probably soften stance some when it comes to Crabs because you have two actors bringing it everytime they are on screen NOT just one. I'll say it once and a million times over - I watch GH and YR, where all their elite actresses tend to be on 3-4 times a week but guess what THEY CAN ACT no matter how bad the story is. Same with a lot of actresses on this show who can act past and present.

A lot of times it's about balancing the cast and giving the right actors storyline that works with their strengths. I dont know why TomSell thought this would be an amazeballs idea to saddle this character with a kid when she still acts like an entitled child herself, still d***matized over Chad and the actress can't convey the right emotions to being a young mom.

Stupid.

• Love 3

This would all be great with a better actress. I'm serious if we had a better actress being Abby AND she was on 3-4 times a week, then I wouldn't have a big problem, hell, I would probably soften stance some when it comes to Crabs because you have two actors bringing it everytime they are on screen NOT just one. I'll say it once and a million times over - I watch GH and YR, where all their elite actresses tend to be on 3-4 times a week but guess what THEY CAN ACT no matter how bad the story is. Same with a lot of actresses on this show who can act past and present.

I was an occasional viewer of DOOL until this summer when all the vets started coming back.  I never really had any feelings about KM one way or the other. I did see the episode with Sami finding out about the affair and how Missy Reeves carried the scenes, but honestly didn't think much about it at the time because I had never really seen KM (and I wasn't really on any DOOL boards at the time either).  Watching since this summer made me realize how weak KM is as an actress and that must have been the reason why MR was carrying the scenes that should have been a showcase episode for KM.  When I found out she had been on DOOL since 2011 I was shocked.  Of course, most actors, especially when they are young, aren't top caliber in the beginning, but you can see that they start to grow.  I don't know if it's the writers, the directors or KM (personally, I think mainly KM, but also a combination of all three), but I see her staying stagnant or moving backwards, rather than improving.  Even when she's in a scene with a stronger actor (I especially see it in scenes with MBE), it feels like the other person has to carry 98% of the scene.  I want to like Abby because she is Jack and Jennifer's kid.  But Abby feels like a one-note character.  It's all about the man, whether it's EJ, Ben, Chad (or whoever else).  Everything has to be about her. She's happy if Chad is falling all over her; she's sad if he's telling her no. Otherwise, I see no emotions from KM even in scenes that should be packed with emotions (like the scenes with Ben in the cabin).  

• Love 7

JPL dimples and frown lines are really showing their age. He looked better (of course, younger) and with short hair on OLTL. He also likes to pucker up his lips and go bug eye when "acting". Scott Clifton does the same thing on B&B, too. It's so annoying.

• Love 3

Ha! If only he did. I agree, all of this brainwashing is on Andre. He's the one torturing his own brother. I believe his genius plan involves Chad being so good in the sack that Belle will start spilling her guts about the money and Sami. Even though she herself has no idea where Sami is. I guess they could get the money back that Belle has. Even though Chad could be the best sex ever and I'm still not seeing Belle leading the Dimeras to Sami. All in all its a terrible plan. Lol.

• Love 3

Watching since this summer made me realize how weak KM is as an actress and that must have been the reason why MR was carrying the scenes that should have been a showcase episode for KM. When I found out she had been on DOOL since 2011 I was shocked. Of course, most actors, especially when they are young, aren't top caliber in the beginning, but you can see that they start to grow. I don't know if it's the writers, the directors or KM (personally, I think mainly KM, but also a combination of all three), but I see her staying stagnant or moving backwards, rather than improving. Even when she's in a scene with a stronger actor (I especially see it in scenes with MBE), it feels like the other person has to carry 98% of the scene.

Case and point. I have realized this. Not just with BF, RSW; but MR, MBE, JS, AS, and KA they are the stronger actors in every scene with this girl. The baby is no lead actress I don't care how much they want us to believe it and her fans but she isn't! The writers (in both regimes) and the producers are to blame no doubt. They have made this show centered around her ass for 3 years now. When are they going to wake up??

I just posted the ratings from December 14-18 and the Abby-Chabby centered episode only got a 1.61. A 1.61!!! Preemption or not, Days should had at least grabbed some of GH's viewers away that Friday. The viewers who are not online have to be getting Abifail fatigued! I'm telling you the viewers want Abby backburned and the only way to get her backburned is:

-The producers/writers have to stop having a wet one for KM. Time for a reality check. Tell her to Get better or get lost. Get an acting coach or do some guest spots on those cheesy MTV or ABC Family shows. Tough love! Not to mention, the writers need to find a way to improve the character. Thats another reason why I've been screaming for a backburn for 2 years now.

-Two give the Crabs fans there "happy reunion" I Dont care how you fuckin do it but just do it so they can be backburned for at least 5 months. They can still do stuff but to carry the show like Abby has been for 3 years, no, she has to go back being C or D storyline for awhile.

• Love 5

Steve and Kayla really are everything. I love their relationship and hope that Ave doesn't blow it all to hell. Why can't they go on fun adventures instead of dealing with some crazy, vindictive, duck-faced woman?

You and the other posters who have mentioned Steve and Kayla have really spoken truth. Every scene with them is great because not only are they on their game together, SN and MBE are just always on their game. She Who Must Not Be Named (which is how I will refer to TB's character from now on) is just so pointless because with the Bo dying and Hope going all Dirty Harriet, what the ISA could have told/shown him to make him walk away from Kayla and Joey and the start up of BlackPatch (hey writers, remember that? Think of how Steve and John would be gold together with the assassination story). The character who overstayed her welcome six months into her initial run was simply not needed nor wanted. She is proof that rehiring Higley will prove to be a colossal mistake in the long run. When it comes to She Who Must Not Be Named, I want that storyline to end not just shortly and uneventfully, but with her permanent removal from the canvass, send TB back to GH where she and MB can do whatever it is they do over there (as an aside, MB is so bad, he makes it impossible for me to watch GH to see Roger Howarth who I love, and I watched Roger Howarth on ATWT, where he had freaky sexual chemistry with the actresses who played his mother and sister and none with the actress they tried to sell as his character's love interest for years).

Hate to say it, but I just don't see the chemistry between Brady and Theresa, but I also don't see the chemistry between Abby and Chad, and I never found JPL attractive or talented, but maybe it's just me.

I say make Abby and her sister in deluded, entitled snotdom, Belle, beasties, free Chad, and bring back Stephanie and have her become friends with Theresa. Then give us Kayla and Hope in scenes together again. They work together so well. Also, give us more Joey and Theo scenes and introduce some women not old enough to be his mother to serve as a love interest. While we're at it, I would like the writers to realize how great James Reynolds is. He has always been especially good in scenes with MBE, they really make believable friends. Give them more scenes together. Have him come to Kayla to discuss Theo being bullied from a mother's perspective, this could involve him in the She Who Must Not Be Named story as a Steve and Kayla supporter.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6

You and the other posters who have mentioned Steve and Kayla have really spoken truth. Every scene with them is great because not only are they on their game together, SN and MBE are just always on their game. She Who Must Not Be Named (which is how I will refer to TB's character from now on) is just so pointless because with the Bo dying and Hope going all Dirty Harriet, what the ISA could have told/shown him to make him walk away from Kayla and Joey and the start up of BlackPatch (hey writers, remember that? Think of how Steve and John would be gold together with the assassination story). The character who overstayed her welcome six months into her initial run was simply not needed nor wanted. She is proof that rehiring Higley will prove to be a colossal mistake in the long run. When it comes to She Who Must Not Be Named, I want that storyline to end not just shortly and uneventfully, but with her permanent removal from the canvass, send TB back to GH where she and MB can do whatever it is they do over there (as an aside, MB is so bad, he makes it impossible for me to watch GH to see Roger Howarth who I love, and I watched Roger Howarth on ATWT, where he had freaky sexual chemistry with the actresses who played his mother and sister and none with the actress they tried to sell as his character's love interest for years).

I don't understand who greenlighted this rinse-repeat story with She Who Must Not Be Named (love that btw) but it's proving to be nothing more than a cheap cliched plot to provide unnecessary angst.  It also proves that once again Days bring backs popular vets only to waste their talent. Steve and Kayla and John and Marlena could have much more potential together with Steve and John working cases and paying homage to the mystery plots of the '80's. Instead we're getting creepy TB stalking one couple and annoying KM pestering Marlena. 

• Love 6

If they were going to bring back someone from Steve/Kayla's past, why Ava? She was on for like six months seven years ago. I barely even remember her.

Probably because all their other creepy stalkers and interlopers are already dead and buried. Let's hope by the time TB's time is up her character is in a grave marked Here Lies Ava Who Crossed Kayla, right next to Marina, Britta, and Jack. And if that stupid baby picture she's totting around is really Steve's kid, well then they can retcon it to be someone else's before shipping him off the canvas. 

• Love 8

If they were going to bring back someone from Steve/Kayla's past, why Ava? She was on for like six months seven years ago. I barely even remember her.

Probably because it's Tamara Braun and they are hoping to get GH viewers.

I guess John must be happy that he's no longer a DiMera and so has avoided the Abigail curse.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 3

Probably because it's Tamara Braun and they are hoping to get GH viewers.

All three actors were on GH. TB actually did a great job the first time she played Ava, so much she won the Emmy. I just have no idea what the writers are doing now. It seems like they took what TomSell used for Kristen this year and using it on Ava just they added the fake cancer element.

• Love 1

Does Abigail know that EJ is alive? I'm surprised she didn't decide to go on the hunt for him....

Why are they not giving KM a real baby to hold?

I don't think she knows he's alive. Marlena just said Sami got a letter he had written before he "died."  Marlena and John didn't seem to believe Sami about EJ being alive.  Too bad the show didn't have the balls for EJ to include in his letter to Sami that he faked his death to get away from Abs.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2

There is a third way to backburner Abigail, and that is by killing the character dead.  And i mean D-E-D dead, like how Don Giovanni wanted to kill Robin Hood in Men in Tights, and not soap opera dead.  I don't much care for Missy Reeves, or for Jennifer in her modern iteration, but I feel a little bad that her character has been brought this low.  Of course I'd much rather have Missy on Kate Mansi prop duty than MBE, KA, DH and all the others who got scraps while KM was in 55% of all DOOL episodes for the year, but still.  Missy has paid her dues and deserves more than what she's getting.  Killing off Abby would give her and Casey Moss some great material. 

Happytobehere, I have almost entirely given up on GH because of MB, but you're really not missing much by skipping RoHo there.  He's playing a completely reprehensible, disgusting character and not very well either.  It's pretty sad.

Then give us Kayla and Hope in scenes together again. They work together so well. Also, give us more Joey and Theo scenes and introduce some women not old enough to be his mother to serve as a love interest. While we're at it, I would like the writers to realize how great James Reynolds is. He has always been especially good in scenes with MBE, they really make believable friends. Give them more scenes together. Have him come to Kayla to discuss Theo being bullied from a mother's perspective, this could involve him in the She Who Must Not Be Named story as a Steve and Kayla supporter.

I love this idea.  James Reynolds is another completely underutilized actor who deserves more screen time than he's getting.

• Love 7

Hate to say this but the princess is not going anywhere.

Oh no. And all my backburning wishes won't come true neither. It won't stop me from speaking my mind though.

But I'll tell you when she goes one day, she going to get one of best exit storylines. Corday and Meng will make damn sure KM does. Book it.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Happytobehere, I have almost entirely given up on GH because of MB, but you're really not missing much by skipping RoHo there.  He's playing a completely reprehensible, disgusting character and not very well either.  It's pretty sad.

You mean RoHo is not playing Todd, not that Todd wasn't all those things in some of his finest moments.

• Love 3

Catching up on all the great comments but Belle was shown leaving way too detailed messages on a possibly abandoned cell phone message box about wanting to give it back.  I like her backbone but not the way she sneered Theresa for no reason.

I don't get how a 16 year old Claire's singing was all that bad.  She has tone, maybe not pitch.  She shouldn't be propped but she looks like a sweet young girl.  I like Ciara too.  She has the stiffness of her mother.  I wonder if black is for mourning or if she's old school goth. Or wants to be a biker like her dad. 

I even liked Doug for once because unfortunately he's not saying anything new. The failer mantle was thrown down three years ago when I said WTF over failure reading the xmas story that Alice and Tom used to do.  I thought, who the hell is she.  Now she named her baby Thomas - who we all guess is a Dimera - while living in the free house from Alice.  Let Jenn be the matriarch, please.  She was Jenn-uinly  happy to see everyone.  Lucas made me cry.  I love him so much.  Nice touch with the text from Allie.  He recalled Will's first xmas. I just posted a pic of my son's first xmas with his lost father and grandpa. Handing over the starring role to failure is the reason we hate her.  She doesn't deserve it.  Yet, as far as I've counted, she's been featured every damn day for weeks.  I was even glad a bit to see Tanniel after a break.  Are there really failure hounds propping fans?

Hope's face nailed the grief.  Other than sparse attendance at the Horton House, xmas scenes were very satisfying and I appreciated the sad nature being appropriate. 

ETA:  Writers never got over their intention to give failure an EJ baby before he said he'd have none of it.  That's why it's so stupid now except Chad is so cute.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

La Famiglia?  THAT's the trigger Andre decided to use when he wants Chad to do the Monkey Dance?

Why not "Abondanza!"  Or, "That's A Spice,a' Meat A ball" or "Go, Olive Garden", since Show has decided to make some sort of bizarre storyline out of the supposedly fabled DiMera charm.  Umm, as much as I appreciate Stefano and Andre, nobody ever said they possessed charm.  EJ had some, or there was a rumor to that effect, but "Italian charm"???? - that's a whole case of Spaghetti-O's, IMO.

Too bad they De-Dimera-ed Jawn. He fits that clan perfectly.

At least Jennifer can show emotion for her sick grandson. The poor child's incubator (calling her a mother doesn't just feel right) couldn't muster up any emotion. It seemed as if the baby being sick was more of a nuisance than a worrisome situation.

Kudos to Nicole for screwing Kate the way that Kate screwed Theresa. Karma! Now, let's see if Theresa can deliver and shut Kate's ex pedophile screwing ass up.

Oh poor Belle. She's SO devastated because her husband filed for divorce after she cheated on him AGAIN that she has to flirt with other men. Oh the horror! Belle is another one in the "Princess Entitlement Club". I'm sure she's met president Deveraux.

Way to go Claire. Tell your mother how it is! Somebody needed to.

Whatever Phillip.....whatever. Every time I see this guy I keep having visions of scissors.

I have visions of scissors, too.  But I think my outcome is a bit more...extreme......JPL really does resemble an elderly child playing at portraying a grown up - a grown up who hasn't washed his hair in years, too.  I could tolerate him in small doses on OLTL but the guy sucks billiards when he's a featured player.  The only saving grace is that he's NOT playing opposite Farah Fath.   I still wake up screaming from that one.

I was starting to enjoy Belle's 'take no prisoners' attitude but she's back in negative numbers for me.  Marlena isn't the most maternal woman in the world, but she's like Aunt Bea from Mayberry compared to her daughter.  She spoke to Claire as if her daughter were a duty, and not one she cared for very much.  And she's got her father's "Smell the Fart" face down pat. Yep, as some of have said, she and Abigail should be fast friends.

Jenn was everything in the Baby Plot Point illness scenes.  Abigail couldn't even pretend to give a shit.  I'm only surprised she wasn't carrying Baby by one foot, swinging it around to see if that would get the fever down.

Nicole was magnificent, trying to talk sense to Kate, and when that didn't work, just stepping over her.  Days like this just show what a mistake it is for Show not to showcase AZ's talent.

When Abigail asked/demanded Marlena tell her what happened to Chad under hypnosis, wasn't she asking Marlena to violate doctor/patient confidentiality?

She has, hasn't she?  Her entitled attitude was front and center talking to Marlena, a woman old enough to be her grandmother, a well respected professional, who she treated almost as dismissively as she does most anyone she's not sleeping with.  What a sweetheart Little Miss Pinhead is.

Steve and Kayla really are everything.  I love their relationship and hope that Ave doesn't blow it all to hell.  Why can't they go on fun adventures instead of dealing with some crazy, vindictive, duck-faced woman?

Gabi looked beautiful today.  I don't have an opinion one way or the other about Paul, but liked him and Gabi together.  Neither one of them have any friends and they have Will in common.  Those two should remember he existed since no one else seems to.

Nicole taking down that French guy was hilarious, as was her doing to Kate what Kate did to Theresa.  And I'm loving Nicole in champion mode.  I'm also liking this version of Brady, though he's not completely off my shit list for the horrid way he treated Theresa for months.  But, EM and JL are so damn pretty together, and she makes him up his game in the acting department. 

I can't wait for the Basic Black gala.  It will get a big group of the cast together and who doesn't love a fashion show?  It's wearable art and performance art all in one.

They're both equally unattractive to me, and sadly their talent level is closely matched as well.  In the past JPL was able to convey more emotion that the usual duh-face that KM sports for heavy scenes, but his many acting tics almost always got in the way.  Unfortunately they still do. 

Yep.  Yep. Yep, and Double Yep.  Marvelous post!

And let me buy another ticket for the Steve and Kayla train.  Can't get enough.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

Ciera & Claire walking & talking in Horton Square. It had to be the worst walking, talking & acting EVER in daytime. Seriously! I had to rematch it twice to make sure it was that bad and, um, it was. If I had to pick a lesser of two evils I would pick Claire. The actress who plays Ciera has the worst monotone down in the mouth voice EVER. How she made it past casting let alone snagging the part is beyond me.

• Love 1
And so it begins. The 5 month retconned story of Thomas' paternity.

How is it  a retcon when the baby was always shown to be Chad's on screen through the storyline? The viewers always knew the baby was Chad's, the voice over of Daniel's today talking about Thomas's father while we saw Chad wasn't a shocker. It was just Abby/Chad that had to be clued in, not the viewers.

• Love 2

Hate to say it, but I just don't see the chemistry between Brady and Theresa, but I also don't see the chemistry between Abby and Chad, and I never found JPL attractive or talented, but maybe it's just me.

Me either.  I like the Theresa character, but not with Brady.  I'm not sure who I see Theresa with, but I thought Brady and Nicole had chemistry back when she was getting him to support her with the BB investment.

I also don't see chemistry between Abigail and Chad, and I often wonder if that's why I can't cheer for them.  I love Chad. And I liked him with Jordan.  And though I'm not an Abigail fan, I liked her better in some of the scenes she and Ben had when they were "happy" and planning their lives together.

BTW, where was Chad (Abby's soul-mate) when she was chasing after EJ?

Edit to add:   As for JPL, never saw him before, and not getting him as Philip, at all.  And this triangle, or square, or whatever it is with Belle, Shawn, Philip and Chad is totally stupid.  Leaving Shawn out of the mix, Phillip looks too old for Belle and Chad too young! I know Chad is brainwashed, but still, Belle is showing interest in him.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 1

Why do I get the feeling that Belle would suddenly be interested in Shawn again if he showed up with a new lady on his arm.

Because the Belle's of this world are not about love, they are about being wanted. If Shawn dared to not want her, she would be all about getting him. Just like her entitled cohort, Belle believes that she was born to be the center of the universe and everyone else was born to be her peons.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5

Why do I get the feeling that Belle would suddenly be interested in Shawn again if he showed up with a new lady on his arm.

This is where you utilize Lani! Shawn D (Bo and Hope's favorite child) and Lani (the the illegitimate child of Abe Carver) lets see them have a one night stand or three. And since it is the Brandon Beemer Shawn and Sal are both nice looking people, I mean why not! Let Belle be green with envy that Shawn can move on! Golden opportunity right there Days. Id love it.

Shawn acts just like Hope. He let's Belle walk over him, hence, why she continues to cheat to him and Belle knows hes always going to be there. Same shit as momma Hope when it came to Bo when it came to Billie and Carly, she'd always come back time and time again.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

This is where you utilize Lani! Shawn D (Bo and Hope's favorite child) and Lani (the the illegitimate child of Abe Carver) lets see them have a one night stand or three. And since it is the Brandon Beemer Shawn and Sal are both nice looking people, I mean why not! Let Belle be green with envy that Shawn can move on! Golden opportunity right there Days. Id love it.

Shawn acts just like Hope. He let's Belle walk over him, hence, why she continues to cheat to him and Belle knows hes always going to be there. Same shit as momma Hope when it came to Bo when it came to Billie and Carly, she'd always come back time and time again.

Well to be fair to all party's involved Hope wasn't always an angel in her marriage to Bo.  Shawn D didn't mind adultery so much when he was the interloper in Belle's marriage to Phillip. 

• Love 1

I don't think we can hang Andre's current crimes entirely on Sami, but I do find it ridiculous, and very Sami-like, that she took the money knowing full well that, if they couldn't find her, they'd go after her family. It's not like she's never seen a Dimera plot unfold! Belle keeping the money is on her own damn self, but I can't believe she's the only one to express annoyance that Sami's shit-stirring has put the family in danger. Again. And all for EJ. 
And, Show? Stop writing for Sami. I know she has her fans, but some of us were glad to see her and her show-eating shtick go. Except she never really left, did she? I'm not going to get all "Frozen" on you all, but damn. Let it go.

Kate is back to being a soulless beast, isn't she? I loved Nicole's little speech to her about how the night should have been about the three of them being redeemed/successful/whatever she said. I think she spoke for a great many viewers who would have loved to see that, instead of women being portrayed as petty, backstabbing witches.

• Love 5

Kate is back to being a soulless beast, isn't she? I loved Nicole's little speech to her about how the night should have been about the three of them being redeemed/successful/whatever she said. I think she spoke for a great many viewers who would have loved to see that, instead of women being portrayed as petty, backstabbing witches.

That right there. 

Why do women have such a hard time writing powerful women? This would have been a great and compelling story and Higley missed the boat.

• Love 5

Well to be fair to all party's involved Hope wasn't always an angel in her marriage to Bo. Shawn D didn't mind adultery so much when he was the interloper in Belle's marriage to Phillip.

Did I say Hope ever was "an angel" hell didn't she get busy with Patrick Lockhart (fine ass). I was actually happy that whole year Hope was carrying on with Patrick because Bo was so mad and jealous.

Like it made Bo see, at least for a while, that Hope could move on with someone else and she wouldn't be waiting for him to stop getting tired screwing Billie (particularly).

My point is without getting into a pissing match is it's one thing when Shanw put up with that when he was a teen and maybe when he and Belle were early 20s. Now they are 30 something with a teen. Someone needs to set the example somewhere to Belle that yeah you can be replaced and I don't have to put with your cheating ass!

• Love 1

Because the Belle's of this world are not about love, they are about being wanted. If Shawn dared to not want her, she would be all about getting him. Just like her entitled cohort, Belle believes that she was born to be the center of the universe and everyone else was born to be her peons.

I don't even feel like Belle needed to be brought back. 20-something Belle was never all that interesting to me. Her entitlement, stank attitude, and overall similarity to Abifail is definitely not making me want to watch her. I'd rather see Mimi and Rex. I'm not interested in seeing ultra slimy Phillip either. That needs to be toned down or he can go.

• Love 2