Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I think Abigail probably wants a Dimera baby so in that sense I can see why she wouldn't consider an abortion.

She wanted a baby to keep EJ at her side. Since EJ is dead, Chad is now the runner-up who she can remain tied to through a baby.

Of course, if it turns out that the baby is Ben's, then I don't see Abigail's desire for a baby being  strong in any way whatsoever.

There must be a test that can tell here when exactly she conceived, right? If so, has she gotten on that yet? (I've skipped episodes). Abigail is so dumb she probably thinks she can will the baby to be Chad's.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

This SL has already been done before, and it was done much better.

Roman/Marlena/John - WTD of Belle

Lucas/Sami/EJ - the twins, Allie and Johnny

Rafe/Sami/EJ/Nicole - Grace/Sydney

Bo/Hope/John - Zack

Bo/Hope/Patrick - Ciara

• Love 1

I don't understand how you can have sex with an engaged man repeatedly and have a pregnancy scare and then a year later get knocked up with an unwanted baby and not know who the father is. Why is it so hard for her to use birth control or insist that the men she sleep with wear condoms? Why do none of the men insist on wearing condoms? Ben and Chad know exactly how friendly Abifail is with the fellas so why are they putting themselves at risk like this? Why do these writers keep giving stupid people babies? So much stupidity. 

• Love 8

These people are way too old to be using condoms as their only means of birth control anyway.  Abigail is living with someone and presumably having regular sex.  She should be on the pill or equivalent.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't think any main character on TV has had an abortion since Erica Kane and Maude.

ABC (Disney) did it on GH with Lulu and Dillion about 5-10 years ago. However as a result she's had issues carrying a child of her own now.

This SL has already been done before,

All soaps have it, when last was a child created that didn't require a DNA test or have some parentage plot of hide the father? 

Edited by Artsda
(edited)

ABC (Disney) did it on GH with Lulu and Dillion about 5-10 years ago. However as a result she's had issues carrying a child of her own now.

Not exactly.  They actually very specifically said that the condition Lulu had/has predated the abortion and that she would have lost that baby to it if she had gone through with the pregnancy.

Cassandra on the PP AMC did have an abortion, that's the most recent example I can think of.  

But almost all soaps now go with the same cycle that Gabi had - get pregnant, decide to have an abortion, change their minds at the last minute.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Will stood by Gabi's decision.  Granted, he was probably even more confused than she but when the plan was found out it was presumed he encouraged her or even talked her into it as if she couldn't make her own decision.  No one was more offended than Rafe, who I guess felt it was his moral duty to punch the lights out of Chandler Massey to make sure his much younger sister carried that unintended pregnancy to term.

• Love 2
(edited)

Abigail perceives herself as being extremely bright and of better stock than everybody else. That's why her "who's the daddy" storyline is both so hilarious and stupid at the same time. It's like some weird comeuppance for the times she slapped other ladies for liking Dr. Dan and called them  "sluts."

At least Teresa, who everyone perceives as (insert terrible word here that alludes to a woman's sexuality), knew who the father of her kid was. 

Abigail once said something about the notches on Sami's bed post. Yet Abigail isabout 23 or 24 now, and she's half-way to Sami's bed notch number.  By 37 she'll most likely have had the same amount of lovers as Sami.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

The characters are Catholic-by-convenience.  It would be nice if they actually discussed their views on birth control.

SOME of the characters (the Bradys , DiMeras and Hernandezes) are Catholic. The Horton/Deveraux's are some flavor of Protestant. The Kiriakis' are Greek Orthodox. There haven't been any Jews in Salem since Robert and Robin left. AFAICT, they've never had any Muslims or Buddhists.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am an extremely forgiving viewer, but I've been barely tuning in the past few weeks. I've always been a fast-forwarder (thank you technology!), but I probably average about 5 minutes of actual viewing time per episode, and that's only because I pause the FF when something catches my attention or appears to be a new scenario. I think we need our own version of the It Gets Better project for this show because it can't be this bad forever, can it?

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 1

SOME of the characters (the Bradys , DiMeras and Hernandezes) are Catholic. The Horton/Deveraux's are some flavor of Protestant. The Kiriakis' are Greek Orthodox. There haven't been any Jews in Salem since Robert and Robin left. AFAICT, they've never had any Muslims or Buddhists.

Aren't the Hortons Catholic as well?  Marie was a nun for a while, wasn't she, when the show began?

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it was said that the Hortons started off Protestant.  Then they changed it.

All soaps have it, when last was a child created that didn't require a DNA test or have some parentage plot of hide the father? 

Abigail herself.  Even it was mentioned that JJ could be Colin Murphy's but he is Jack"s.  Jennifer figured it out that that herself.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1

Aren't the Hortons Catholic as well?  Marie was a nun for a while, wasn't she, when the show began?

Marie converted to Catholicism, but I don't think any of the other Hortons (or, at least those who didn't marry into one of the Catholic families) did.

• Love 1

Okay.  So I admit I'm a rare Paige fan.  Love her to death.

BUT . . . after she tells J.J. ad nauseum over the past month and some change to stay away from her, and he finally gets the clue and walks away, she dares to get angry because he walks away from her?  First, you tell J.J. to stay the hell away from you, and then, you don't want him to walk away from you?  Make up your mind, girl!

• Love 4
(edited)

Yes, it will be very darker..My sympathies to the Paige lovers. Tomsell failed to integrate her into the show, she is Shane Donovan's granddaughter. Tomsell does not care about the history of the show, they seem to resent it. instead of using it to tell good character-driven stories..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I think syphilis must be running rampant through Salem -- that's what is making everyone into drooling idiots and crazy people. It's the only thing that makes sense!

• Love 4

Marie converted to Catholicism, but I don't think any of the other Hortons (or, at least those who didn't marry into one of the Catholic families) did.

Hope is always involved in the events at St. Luke's, and Ceara goes to the church school, but then again, she's a Brady.

• Love 1

I get it that Hope married a Brady but she's so catholic I couldn't help but think she was brought up that way.  Haven't we seen Jenn at holiday mass?  I can definitely see them being protestant but it's pretty clear that's been glossed over.

I nearly gave up on today after 5 min. Naggie with her disapproval.  Shrew threatening to kill Nicole over the heat duct fondling.  What does she care??  Eric clenching the catholic confessional thingie agonizing over his erection.  So that must mean he loves her, right?  And she loves someone else?  So the hell what.  Get a job, you have too much time on your hands.

I'm more than a little nauseous about the guys triangle/quadrangle hanging out as if they're all just friends.  WilSon should have cut Paul out of their lives a long time ago.  Unfortunately, they made him a Brady so I guess that's the reason we have to deal with this.

Thank goodness for Bev's scene at the end, my head whipped around and I actually paid attention.  But she wears cutoff shorts like normal people so she's clearly not quality. 

I get it they're trying to sex up Paige but she continues to dress far too well for having to depend on her position as an RA for her dorm housing.  Maybe Grandpa Shane gave her a credit card.  She didn't even need the money she stole from Eve.  I wanted her to run away to Stanford and now I don't even care.

The single booth Pub set is giving me claustrophobia and I just want Xander and Shrew to leave already. 

• Love 5
(edited)

7/27/2015 Recap :)

JJ/Paige/Bev

We start with JJ walking in on a shirtless JJ who's getting ready for work. JJ says he's getting ready for work which Paige says she's not finished talking. Paige tells JJ that he doesn't have to worry about her. Paige says no guy can hurt her anymore and tells JJ not to worry who she's with because nobody can hurt her the way JJ did as she won't feel that way about anyone else. Bev enters the office and asks JJ if he's ready. Paige leaves.

Bev tells JJ she scored tickets to a music festival but then says she can't do this anymore as she's done. JJ wants to know what she means which Bev says she's seen JJ turn his self out for Paige and how he got in a fight with the guy at the party and with Kyle over Paige. Bev says she seen how he looks at Paige and JJ asks if Paige said something about him which Bev says JJ should look at himself right now when he asked that. Bev is tired of being the person JJ uses to get over Paige as she turned out a trip to Europe from her parents to stay in Salem as she thought her and JJ had something. Bev says she's going to go pack and JJ says he didn't mean to hurt Bev which Bev knows and calls JJ a mess. Bev does tell JJ good luck on getting over Paige or getting her back and leaves.

Kate/Adrienne

Adrienne opens the door to Sonny & Will's apartment and it's Kate who's looking for Lucas and thinks he's in another room. Adrienne says she's there looking after Ari until the sitter arrives and that Lucas isn't there. Kate says she's not there to see Lucas as she has a gift for Ari which they both bond over and Kate tells Adrienne not to take credit for it which Adrienne says she wouldn't stoop that low and Kate says that Adrienne is divorcing Justin so she doesn't know how low Adrienne would stoop. Adrienne isn't going to discuss it with Kate and Kate says Adrienne would be a fool to walk away from Justin. Kate asks if that's what Justin wants and Adrienne is about to answer until Kate says she has to work and leaves.

Lucas/Justin/Adrienne

Justin is in the living room at Vic's when Lucas enters. Lucas tells Justin that he's been served as Countess W is going after Mad World which Justin just pretty much brushes off and says he'll look at it later. Lucas advises Justin to look at it because he and Kate are skating on thin ice. They snipe at each other about business matters which Justin calls Lucas, Stefano's whipping boy and Lucas tells Justin to just read the filing and is about to leave and Justin stops him. Justin says that what is going on with Adrienne is no longer his concern.

They talk about Adrienne and Lucas asks if Justin is going to fight for his marriage which Justin doesn't know why Lucas would care. Lucas thinks that Justin and Adrienne might be divorcing too soon and tells Justin to look at the filing before leaving. Adrienne is now there and she and Adrienne are now looking at photos of Ari on Adrienne's phone. Justin tells Adrienne that Lucas stopped by and how Lucas told him that they could be making a mistake. Adrienne can't believe Lucas would say something like that and Justin says Lucas wants what's best for her as they both care about her. Justin says they made the right decision.

Sonny/Paul/Will/Derrick/Kate

Paul comes to TBD wanting a drink to get through dealing with Kate as Kate hates him. They chat about Kate briefly and Will enters and glad Paul is there. Paul says that he's there to meet Kate for a meeting and Will says Paul doesn't have to explain himself. Will tells Sonny that the sitter will be there to watch Ari and if they can go out and do something which Will says to Paul that Paul can join and bring his boyfriend which causes Sonny to turn his head. Paul doesn't want to horn in on Sonny and Will. Will says that he and Paul need gay friends and how they need to be out in every way. Paul says it's a little weird for him when Derrick enters with an order for Sonny. Sonny goes to fill the order. Will is about to ask Derrick but stops and walks off and Sonny follows him and tells Will that it's not a bad idea.

Paul asks Derrick if he would like to join Paul which Derrick says yes. Will says he'll make the plans and will tell them the details and leaves. Sonny says it should be fun which Paul agrees.

Kate and Paul are now meeting which Sonny comes by and makes a quip about "Vanquish" and talks about the name which Kate calls Sonny mean. Kate says they polled the name and Sonny tells her to do a recount. Sonny says that he and Paul came up with a better name playing basketball and how it's better than "Vanquish" and leaves. Kate tells Paul to tell her the name which Paul says it's "Narita by Mad World" and how it was Will's idea. Paul says they're trying to be friends which Kate says when pigs fly. Paul tells Kate that they're going out which Kate thinks Paul is the third wheel but Paul says he's bringing a friend.

Nicole/Dan/Parker/Maggie/Serena

They're kissing at Dan's apartment until Nicole gets the "willies" as she has a feeling that something is wrong. Dan tells her that there's nothing to worry about which Nicole knows when Dan holds her. Nicole says she's always been like this and bad things happen because she makes the wrong moves. Dan says Nicole is waiting for anvils to fall out of the sky and basically told Nicole to shut up as nothing is out there that will trip her up.

Parker drew a picture for Nicole when there's a knock and it's Maggie and says welcome home Nicole. Dan tells Maggie that he has some news. Nicole takes Parker to another room to finish the art. Maggie says she knows the news and that Nicole is moving in which Dan says that's part of it. Maggie says how does Parker feel about it and how it could confuse Parker which Dan says Nicole isn't going anywhere and tells Maggie that he proposed to Nicole and she said yes. Maggie calls that fast and Dan wants Maggie's blessing and that they're getting married no matter what.

Dan talks to Maggie about people not approving of her and Victor which Maggie now understands. Dan says it's love and knows Maggie isn't against love and they hug and Maggie hopes they'll be happy. Nicole and Parker walk back in. Maggie congratulates Nicole and hugs her and calls it a surprise and Maggie has a lot of questions about the wedding. Dan offers Parker some ice cream before leaving with Maggie. Dan takes Parker and leaves. Maggie looks at Nicole and says awkward.

Maggie says she loves Dan and Parker and Nicole knows that Maggie doesn't want to see them hurt and Nicole says she loves Dan so much and it took a long time to get where they are. She calls Dan her best friend and knows how lucky she is and Maggie says she hopes Nicole does. Maggie says Nicole will be giving Dan something he needs very much.

Parker and Dan are back as Parker is getting ready to leave with Maggie. Maggie wants to throw an engagement party for them but will have to figure out a date. Maggie and Parker leave. Nicole gets a text from Eric who wants to see Nicole now. Dan says he'll be getting dinner started as they kiss and Nicole leaves.

Dan is setting up dinner when there's a knock and it's Serena who tells Dan that she has something to tell him.

Eric/Priest/Serena/Xander

Eric is still confessing with Serena listening as Eric talks about loving Nicole and how he wanted to touch and hold Nicole while Serena is either about to cry or lose it. Eric says he could't stop himself from reaching out to her until Eric pulls something and Serena's recorder stops. Serena thinks that Nicole and Eric slept together and says she's going to kill her. Recorder is back on and Serena hears Eric say that he loves Nicole and how he and Nicole started to make love and Serena storms out of the hotel room.

Serena is sitting at the Pub when Xander joins her and asks if she's still hung up on that loser Eric. Back in confessional Eric is still going on and on about being tortured and Nicole. Eric says he wants Nicole and not just physically and after they were rescued his feelings for her stayed with him. Priest asks did he tell Nicole which Eric confirms and Eric says that Nicole cares for him and how she's getting married. Priest asks where does that leave Eric which he doesn't know and Priest tells Eric to keep praying.

The Priest says there's a way out as what's best for Nicole, Eric, & The Friend is to ask God for guidance as he's sure he'll find it. Back at The Pub Xander says that he didn't ruin Serena's life all by himself which Serena agrees that Xander didn't. Xander says she's as much responsible for the whole fiasco which Serena tells Xander to just stop. Serena says someone needs to pay and she can make it happen and she leaves leaving Xander puzzled.

Eric/Dan/Parker

Eric is out of confessional and at the park asking God for guidance when he hears Dan talking to Parker about Nicole.

Will/Derrick/Lucas

Will meets up with Derrick at the Square and they walk off as Lucas sees and he follows. At the arch part of the park Will tells Derrick that it worked. Will sent Derrick personal files on Paul that he didn't put in the article, Derrick says he'll read it all by tonight and how Paul won't find out. Will says he's trying to get them together which Derrick says if as Paul isn't looking for that right now. Will tells Derrick to play it smart. Derrick has to go off to work and leaves. Lucas approaches.

Will doesn't want a lecture and Lucas says he's not there to lecture as he thought Sonny and Will were good. Will says he's trying to hook Paul and Derrick up and Lucas says why is Will sneaking around with Derrick. Lucas tells Will that he needs to focus more on Sonny and not all this scheming and says that Will is worse than Sami and leaves.

Paige/Daphne

They meet up at The Square and talk about JJ. Daphne tells Paige to get over JJ and Paige says she's working on it as she's texting Kyle.

Eric/Nicole

Nicole arrives at Eric's and tells Nicole that he loves her and that he won't tell anyone what happened. 

Damn, you can just enter an EMPLOYEES ONLY area at TBD even if you're not an employee. It's not like it's a dressing room, it's an office which should be locked and only employees have keys to access it, but not TBD. I can see why the second club didn't open.

Damn Sneasel is such a BITCH!! Continuing to manipulate and be one big bitch asshole. If writers are trying to make him Sami, they're failing miserably. Good on Lucas for telling Sneasel that he's worse than Sami. Sami doesn't scheme that damn much.

Why are girls in Salem so damn stupid, we have Bev being a dumbass on turning down a trip to Europe from her parents so she can stay in Salem to be with JJ, just like Paige did for Stanford. Is JJ's dick made out of unicorn fur or something? These girls are just so damn stupid.

Eeyore just shut up with all this love for AssCole. Damn he's so fickle.

Narita by Mad World, that's no better than Vanquish. That's no new and exciting name. It's a self centered name.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 7

I wish that the show would stop comparing Will to Sami..Okay...no, fixing up Paul and Derrick doesn't even come close to the shit Sami used to pull. Seriously, Sami changed paternity tests, shot EJ in the head, drugged and raped Austin, tried to sell her baby sister, committed treason....Sami was actually smart when it comes to her schemes..Enough!

• Love 2
(edited)

Something the writers keep forgetting is that Lucas schemed just as much as Sami.  Sometimes with Sami, and sometimes against her.  Sami and Lucas never really had Austin and Carrie.  Will had Sonny, and he threw it away.  Sami stopped scheming to get men back in 2008.  When Lucas chose Chloe, Sami accepted it.  Once Sami met Rafe in WP, Rafe was the guy Sami was in love with, but she didn't scheme to get him.  In 2010, Carrie asked Sami why she wasn't scheming and plotting anymore, and Sami said, "Where did any of it ever get me?"  When Sami cheated (which Sami never would have done) on Rafe, and Rafe divorced Sami, Sami did not scheme to get him back.  When Rafe and Sami did decide to try again, Rafe was the one lying to Sami about Nicole.

Sami decided not to sell Belle, and was planning on taking her away and raising her herself.  How Sami thought that was going to work, I do not know.  That was something else the writers did with Sami, that they don't bother to do with other characters anymore.  They showed that Sami's way of thinking was clearly not rational or normal.

Why are Xander and Serena still in Salem?

Same scene, same verse - Eric, Nicole, JJ, Paige, Bev - enough already.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

I think that Abigail, at least, is neither Catholic or Protestant, but is instead an acolyte in the Church of the Holy HooHaw.  That church has only one commandment, "Do as I say, not as I do, and I STILL get to slap you".  

Abby was given the Circle of Recurring Virginity, making each time the first time.  And the earth DOES move, but a lot more like an out-of-control bouncy house instead of a Marvin Gaye ballad.

They DO worship the Holy Mother, which makes Jenn very happy, since she is also allowed to be slap-happy.  It's sorta like the top blessing the Church of the Holy Hoohaw can bestow.  

I'd describe their communion and penance rituals, but then I'd have to kill myself.

• Love 4

Lucas has to do his own legal paper serving?  Does his company not have lawyers for that sort of thing?

The Parker/Nicole interactions are great. Those little boys have become so much more than the lump that they were when they were young. Are we going to be forced to watch Nicole and Eric get together when Daniel finds out they kissed?

Where is Derrick working now? And, yes, Paul has no other friends. Why are Derrick and Will plotting?  Why can't Will just leave things alone?

What ever happened to the non-judgemental Maggie?  Oh, right, it's all just in her mind.

I really laughed at Sonny's interactions with Kate about the men's product line.

Are we losing Bev?  Noooooooooo!

• Love 2

Abigail perceives herself as being extremely bright and of better stock than everybody else. That's why her "who's the daddy" storyline is both so hilarious and stupid at the sae time. It's like some weird comeuppance for overtime she slapped another lady for liking Dr. Dan and called her a "slut."

At least Teresa, who everyone perceives as (insert terrible word here that alludes to a woman's sexuality, knew who the father of her kid was. 

Abigail once said something about the notches on Sami's bed post. Yet Abigail isabout 23 or 24 now, and she's half-way to Sami's bed notch number.  By 37 she'll most likely have had the same amount of lovers as Sami.

She should have been more concerned about the guy she banged notches on bedposts since he supposed banged half of Europe.

Sami guys

Franco, Brandon, Lucas, Austin, Rafe and EJ.  She is 38

Abby's guys

Max, Chad, Cameron, EJ, Ben   She is maybe 23

For her age she is really getting there.

• Love 2

I hope Serena is murdered.

I like how they keep trying to draw parallels between Will and Sami even though nothing Will is doing makes sense. Will won. He got the guy and the guy still wants to be with him even though he's a cheating dumbass. There's no reason for him to still be scheming. 

• Love 6
(edited)
Where is Derrick working now? And, yes, Paul has no other friends. Why are Derrick and Will plotting?  Why can't Will just leave things alone?

Because someone decided he is a schemer, and it doesn't signify that his scheming is pointless, counterproductive -- in fact, actively against his own self-interest -- and without anything even faintly resembling a coherent motive?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Eric! Get thee to a rectory. You were much happier as a priest. All the angst and anger is wearing thin. A rectory far, far away would be preferable, thanks.

Well said.  So VERY well said.  

And hopefully a cloistered order where he wouldn't be allowed to talk.  Either that, or a locked psych facility.  Guy has got some serious emotional problems.

• Love 2

Does Sneasel know that Derrick asked Sonny out?

He apparently doesn't care about Derrick spilling the affair beans to Sonny, or to that reporter, so why should he care about that.  

I'm surprised Will hasn't tried to hook up with him and then blame it on Derrick.  "He seduced me!"

• Love 3

Sonny, Will, Paul, and Derrick hanging out together makes perfect sense.  NOT!!!  It's this kind of cluster fuck storyline that have ruined this soap.  Will's scheming is so stupid because he already has what he wants.  Even after Will cheated on Sonny with Paul and when he was in California, Sonny still wanted to make their marriage work.  "Hello, you idiot writers.  Take notes when Sami, Lucas, Kate, Nicole, etc. schemed it was to get someone they didn't have, or for revenge, or to cover their tracks, or to expose someone else's scheme/mistake.  None of those things apply to Will."

• Love 10
(edited)

Lucas pissed me off when he told Will that he was worst than Sami....I was like WTF..The Will is worse than his mother was just such stupid anti-propping. If they want me to believe Will is worse than his mother - they have to write Will doing something worse than his mother. Lucas saying it does't make it true, unless you're an idiot. The people who believe Will is the new Sami probably also believe that Daniel is the best, shiniest, most moral doctor in the world, despite all the patient groping he did. Lucas needs to have several seats.. Lucas of all people knows that Will is nowhere near the scheming abilities of his parents. We all know about Sami’s crimes but Lucas is no innocent either. For years he schemed to keep Carrie and Austin apart, he went along with his mother’s cover up and plot to frame Sami for Franco’s murder, kidnapped Will in a pissing match with Sami, almost killing him because he was driving drunk, tried to kill Sami, and blackmailed Vivian into helping him bring Sami home so that she can help him to stop Austin and Carrie wedding.... What has Will done to even come close to that? Will’s schemes are baby plays compared to Lucas’ old schemes.

A word of advice to the writers, Don't tell us how Will is like Sami, please show us... The Anti-Will writing on this show, is just as bad as the Daniel and Sparkle propping on this show.. It is really disgusting..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Will isn't the new Sami, he's not even acting like the Son of Sami right now.  His arrogant attitude to Lucas was so annoying I wish Lucas had slapped it off his face.  In fact, his whole arrogant attitude today was pretty laughable.  Only in Sneasel's mind would he present to others as as a smart conniver.  He's delusional about so much, and unpleasant to boot.

I find it hard to believe that Show doesn't want us to have at least some lingering sympathy for Will.  But right now, he's utterly repugnant.   Sort of like Abigail - both delusional, both selfish, both constant liars, to themselves and others, and both overflowing with sympathy, but only for themselves.

Why again should we care, or be rooting for them??

Justin being a snip to Lucas, and then Lucas stabbing himself in the back about Adrienne, what was that?  I'm tired of Lucas always getting the short end of the stick, and beyond tired of him stabbing himself in the back.  Hell, by now his arm should hurt from all that twisting.

I've never cared much for Bev until today, which I guess is probably her last day.  I had no idea the actress was that good, but she sure was today.  

As so often with Show, they shine with their day players and suck with their central characters.  

Sneasel, Sparkle, Daniel, Eric, Brady, take note.  Study the day players and learn from your betters.

Oh yeah, Maggie......I wouldn't let her go off with Parker on her own no matter what.  She's going to poison that kid with her sugary fakeness, that pippy little laugh that everyone knows is fake, her eternal judgement on anyone who isn't Jenn.  She's not a nice woman - at all.  She just pretends.  And then there's the absurdity of her interering in the life of her son who is damn close to getting his own AARP card.

Can't Show bring back Laura Horton and send Maggie on a long trip to go torture, I mean, visit - the two daughters who have done their best to avoid her for the past 15 years or so?

• Love 10

Bev is gone forever? That sucks.

I am so tired of Nicole having to prove herself to people like Maggie, who married Victor Freaking Kiriakis. Nicole's no slouch in the nefarious deeds department, but she's no Victor. Has anyone reminded her of that when she's clucking about how Nicole isn't good enough for her precious little Daniel? God, I can't wait til Victor's Kiriakisness comes out in a way that Maggie can't ignore anymore.

• Love 6

I know! Who knew I would miss Bev this badly already? That last scene was very sweet and real. 

Don't have much to say about the show these days -- can't wait till the new stuff starts to air in a few weeks. 

• Love 1

This Will/Sonny/Paul Derrick stuff is crap. Who the hell hangs out with their ex who had sex with their husband? No one in the known universe, that's who.

How is this all playing out with Freddie's departure? I mean, they've made Paul a Brady so he can stay but seriously, what the hell? Way to ruin one of daytime's great super couples. Groundbreaking and lovely and beautiful super couple. Just ruined. Hell, even with the recast, it was compelling...until this Paul crap. (Not a knock on Paul/the actor, etc... it's all writing/story line)

• Love 3

I hate seeing Creepy on my screen and Abifail even less so.  But watching him make her squirm and lie is a great use of both of them.  She can't slap him and tell him to stop walking in on her at home and work because she's hiding a huge secret.

• Love 4

I hate seeing Creepy on my screen and Abifail even less so.  But watching him make her squirm and lie is a great use of both of them.  She can't slap him and tell him to stop walking in on her at home and work because she's hiding a huge secret.

As if a little thing like that will stop her.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am still pissed that she was able to best Sami Brady. Sami who has fought for years with the likes Kate, EJ, Victor, Lucas, Stefano and even Andre, a psychopath serial killer was reduced to a crying weakling in front of Abifail. Seriously Ken Corday! The man is an idiot..He can blame Tomsell all he wants for the miserable state of the show, he is the one that I blame for the horrific storylines we have had to endure.....He seems to have issues with women, he has  the Madonna/whore complex when it comes to women...He has gone on record to say that women like Sami, Kate, Theresa and Nicole do not deserve happiness. However a sniveling little rat like Abigail deserves two men fighting over her and a baby, while Nicole remains childless, not to mention she has the whole town of Salem ready to defend her at all cost..This type of writing defies credulity, even for a soap...Even Will, with his mild scheming has gotten punched, slapped, insulted, humiliated for his actions..While Abigail gets to live her life with no type of consequences for her abhorrent behavior...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
(edited)

7/28/2015 Recap :)

Theresa/Brady/Maggie/Megan

Brady and Theresa wrap up a nanny interview and Brady says all the people they interviewed are not qualified and wants to know why which Theresa doesn't know which plants a smile on Theresa's face. Brady asks if they're being too picky which Theresa doesn't think so. Brady asks about another interviewee but Theresa says she saw her Google Brady's net worth. Theresa has to go to the hospital and will be back and leaves just as Maggie enters. Theresa hears Maggie and Brady's conversation about finding a nanny very briefly before leaving. Outside Theresa is happy with herself.

Back from seeing Tate, Maggie coos how sweet he is. They talk more about finding nannies which Maggie doesn't know why it's so difficult and Brady talks about Theresa downloading questions to ask and no nanny meets their qualifications. Maggie says the longer they do it the longer Theresa stays in the house. Brady says it's odd that all nannies are unqualified and Maggie says it's because Theresa is setting things up. Brady says he contacted an agency. Maggie says that Theresa is making it harder than it needs to be and how Brady should change things. Maggie goes off to bed. Brady gets on his phone.

Theresa has Maggie on the front stoop and explains for her to wait there and tells her to spit out her gum which she spits it in the yard which Theresa tells her she meant spit it in a napkin or something. Theresa enters the house and sees Brady sitting by an older woman and Theresa asks who she is and Brady basically tells her that she's the nanny.

Aiden/Ben/Clyde

Ben meets Aiden at his office and Aiden tells him that police in Florida are asking questions and Ben wants to know if he's in trouble. Aiden says that they're following up on him which Ben says makes no sense and the case is closed and why is it open and Aiden asks if there's a reason for them to open the case again. Ben has no idea why and Aiden asks if Ben forgot to tell him anything which Ben says no and he should have been more upfront with Aiden when they first met him. Aiden talks about his name of Kevin Reynolds and Ben says he used it so that Clyde wouldn't track him down. Aiden says Ben can go and have nothing to worry about then. Ben leaves while Aiden lets out a huge breath.

Aiden is wrapping up when Clyde stands in the doorway. Clyde tells Aiden that Ben called him and Clyde wants to know what he can do to help. Aiden says Ben is a client and an issue of confidentiality and Clyde says it doesn't seem right for Aiden to shut out a daddy. Aiden says doesn't Clyde want Aiden to be discreet if Ben asked about his legal matters which Clyde agrees and leaves. Aiden is in his office and turns his head and sees someone in the doorway.

Clyde/Dr. Martin

Clyde is at the park on the phone saying something goes down tonight. Ben calls Clyde and tells him about his meeting with Aiden and Clyde says he'll see him soon.

Clyde gets a phone call from the henchman that's been watching Dr. Martin and tells him that he's been keeping his eye on him and how the henchman will follow him home an Clyde says it's on. Dr. Martin is walking through the park and Clyde walks in front of him and prevents him from going forward and wants to talk to him.

Kayla/Abby

Kayla enters Abby's office and tells her she's 8 weeks along and can find out who her father is. Kayla says they have Chad on file which they'll use for the paternity test. Abby says doing it is questionable and Kayla says somewhat yes and the privacy issue is very small and just checking for a match. Abby doesn't look relieved and Kayla thought she would be and asks if there's something else which Abby says lots. Abby talks about people finding out and that Hope knows but doesn't know that Chad is a possible father. Abby says Hope would go through the roof and Kayla says that her whole family will support her. Abby says there's no celebration if the baby is a DiMera.

Abby says she hasn't told her family yet because of the paternity issue. Kayla says her family loves her and will love the baby and that her family loves Sydney and Johnny despite who the mother is. They talk some more and Kayla asks if Abby is going to keep the baby. Abby says things are overwhelming and that she is keeping her baby. Abby wants to make sure things are 100% confidential which Kayla says it is and how she'll take Chad's name off of everything and how Abby's name won't be on the blood sample. Abby thanks her and Kayla says she loves her and will see in the morning and for Abby to be positive and leaves. Abby's phone rings and it's Will with a text on Abby coming over.

Chad/Will/Ari/Abby

Will has Ari and Will has to get her ready for bed and asks Chad to hold Ari which he does. Will flashes back to his conversation with Abby. Chad came to see Will as it will be easier for the sitter, Will takes Ari away as Chad looks at Sonny, Will, and Ari's photograph. Will comes out of the room and Chad talks about Grace and her being six today andd Chad says its easier for Will to remember since he spent time with her. Chad talks about seeing little girls and reminding him of Grace. Will asks if Chad came to talk about Grace which Chad says no that he's there to talk about Abby. Will doesn't know why Chad is coming to him to talk about Abby and Chad says he's tried calling Abby and all that but that he did something disgusting to Abby times ten. Will asks why and Chad says because he loves her.

Chad says he needs to give it a shot with Abby and talks about his talk with Marlena. Will says what if Abby wants Ben and wants nothing to do with him. Chad says he'll back off forever but wants Will to tell Abby that he needs to talk to her. Will receives the text and that's coming over which Chad thanks her and Chad says he'll wait in the bedroom which Will says no that he's not going to ambush Abby and Chad has to respect what she says. Chad says he'll wait in the park and leaves.

Abby comes over as Abby brought a puzzle for Ari that she wanted to drop off. Will has to ask if there are any news and Abby says paternity test is tomorrow. Will wants to talk to Abby about Chad. Abby gets upset and blabbers on, and Will says that he didn't tell Chad anything. Will says that Chad needs to talk to her and how Chad is in love with her.

Eric/Nicole/Caroline/Serena

Eric tells Nicole he loves her and never telling Daniel and that Nicole has nothing to fear which Nicole thanks him. Nicole asks if he's gotten over how he feels about her and Eric says no and thinks he never will. Nicole says it can't be that way with Eric loving her and her having nothing to fear which Eric says it can be. Eric says he's prayed and wants Nicole to hear him. Eric says his prayers were answered but not the way he expected and it hit him that the reason he needed to tell Dan is if Dan knew they might have a chance to be together, but thought otherwise because it's selfish and wants Nicole to be happy and what makes her happiest and what she deserves is to be with Dan.

Nicole hugs Eric and says Eric has made her day and life. Nicole says they have to worry about Serena which Eric doesn't think so as Serena will come up empty if she digs. Eric says he won't say a word to Serena and there's nothing more to say to anyone. Eric says Serena will have a wild guess. Nicole is leaving and Caroline shows up. Caroline says Eric told her about him and Nicole getting back together which Eric corrects her and tells her that Dan and Nicole are getting married which Caroline congratulates her and Nicole leaves to give them some time together.

Eric asks Caroline what's wrong and Caroline says it's wrong that Nicole is happy and that Eric should be happy too. Eric says he has all he needs and they hug. Eric and Caroline walk through the park and talk about Eric talking to people and Caroline leaves. Eric turns around and sees Serena.

Serena/Dan

Serena says Dan needs to hear something and Dan doesn't want to hear it if it's about Nicole and Serena says it's about Eric. Dan invites her in and Dan says he's not helping Serena fix things with Eric which Serena says she's not there for a favor as she's there to do a favor for Dan. Serena says she knew about Dan before meeting him and Serena sees Nicole's jacket and asks if she's here since Nicole should hear it and Dan says she's not and will be back soon and Serena says she'll wait for Nicole to arrive.

Dan says Serena isn't staying until Nicole arrives and doesn't want to talk to her and wants her out. Serena figures out that Nicole is living there and Dan says they're engaged and Serena shouldn't expect an invitation to their wedding. Serena says then they can do this right now as Dan deserves to know what's going on and pulls out the recorder. Dan thinks Serena is going to trash Nicole and Dan isn't interested to hear from Serena and calls her a liar and opens the door wanting her to leave. Serena says Dan doesn't want to hear that Nicole and Eric had sex in the room.

Dan says he's sick to death of Serena and Serena plays the recorder which Dan hears Eric say he and Nicole started to make love. Serena says at least she admits to her mistake unlike Nicole and that the woman he's marrying, there are liars, cheaters, and then there's Nicole and Serena leaves as Dan slams the door. Dan is on the phone with Maggie and talking about engagement party and wants to talk to Maggie later but Dan writes down the possible dates for the party. Dan says he'll get back to her as there's a lot going on today.

Nicole arrives home and says it's beautiful outside and after dinner they should walk by the river and it'll be perfect just like her new home. Dan looks at Nicole and Nicole asks what's wrong. (Last scene of the day)

Theresa/Anne/Megan

At the park Theresa is just happy about everything falling into place. Theresa says she doesn't want to marry Brady for his money but she loves Brady for his heart and soul and Anne says money which annoys Theresa a little. An older woman named Megan comes up to them and Anne introduces Theresa to her as she will be the nanny for Tate. Theresa looks over Megan's application as Megan talks about her experience. Megan throws her chip bag and completely misses the bin. Theresa tells her that she's not going to be the only one watching her and Theresa tells her that she should tell people that she's a great mother and how they should be a couple for Tate's sake which Megan agrees to. Theresa hires her which Megan and Anne are happy.

Kayla/Martin/Clyde

Kayla is speaking with Martin who's doing the paternity test and Kayla has a big favor to ask as a man with a beard looks on.

Chad/Ben

Chad's phone rings and he thought it was Will but it's Zoe and Chad basically tells her he's busy. Ben shows up.

Today's episode in a nutshell: yawn.gif

All this crap over a paternity test for Jar Jar? It's so fucking ridiculous Chad wants her hoo ha, Mr. Rapey just being a creep as always, Sneasel all up in the business, Sonny questioning Chad about Jar Jar, Hope stealing a paternity box, this is so fucking ridiculous, writers are just working extra overtime to make this work and it just doesn't.

Writers should take this hint when they're trying to make Jar Jar the IT girl: tumblr_lx8er87jGs1r3mko6o2_250.gif

I wanna say that the henchman was Jeremiah but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I will say this, I'm elated that Serena spilled the beans. What AssCole get for being threatening, should learn to leave shit alone, she's her own worst enemy. I did this when Serena played the recorder: img_5965.gif

Why can't Naggie be the nanny? Seriously, what does she do all day? Does she work? Being a nosy, judgmental busybody doesn't pay.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4
(edited)

Can Serena just go away already? Just go to Murder Park and have someone push her in the river. Where's that bird watcher when you need him?

And this Mrs. Doubtfire/Mary Poppins nanny plot is completely stupid. I will forgive this if Theresa suddenly starts singing about women's suffrage with Anne.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 3

Theresa desperate ass is so pathetic. 

Kayla needs to be reprimanded for using Chad's medical info without his permission to help that hosebeast. 

I hope Nicole murders Shrewrena and throws her body in the woods.

• Love 7