Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Did anyone actually WRITE today's show, or did they just the cast drunk and tell them to wing it?  This was not a day will go down in Salem history.

So Eric is plain, all-out nuts, I take it?  And, the emotional equivalent of a two-year old with poopy pants?  His way of telling Nicole he LUVVVVVVS her is to SCREAM it at her, in the same tone he's used to tell her to GET OUT, and with the same scrunched up, I caught my balls in my zipper pained look on his face?  THIS is supposed to make her realize that he's the guy she wants?  Apparently, nothing says love to this manchild as much as trying to force Nicole to be with him by threatening to break a confidence he has NO right, moral or otherwise, to break.  

Eric needs a good spanking.  But on second thought, he'd undoubtedly enjoy that too much.  So I'm all for skipping over trying to talk him out of it and just burying hiim alive.  

Now Nicole is literally stuck between a blockhead and and empty space, with both Daniel and Eric the guys who want her.  She cannot make a good choice.  But if she's going to be stuck with one of them, she might as well be stuck with the one where she had all her crap moved to.  It's less trouble.  And that's as good as it is going to get for her until somebody moves to Salem who isn't a raving misogynistic asshole.  

I know I'm giving it more attention that it deserves, but in what universe would Eric the eternally angry, sexually repressed adolescent make a good priest, or even worse, a good boyfriend or husband?  He needs to be a locked facility, learning to play well with others and when he doesn't, locked in a padded cell.  

I guess only is Salem does Psycho mean the same as sexy.

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa,......I'm just going to look away until you stop doing this stupid shit.  Lucky for you, your opponents are worse than you are.  Brady the Rage Monkey and Victor with his past have some nerve judging anybody,   Not that it's stopped any Salemite before.

Was it today, or yesterday, when Daniel got all righteous with Victor?  I know it was today when Brady complimented him on how he's changed, and how happy the family is about it.  Of course, Victor really hasn't - or at least not as much as they think.  So when it all comes out, they'll berate him, lecture him on his lack of morals, turn their backs on him and march off to Horton Square where they'll form a "I'm better than you" Circle and do a spontaneous a cappela rendition of You're a Mean one, Mr. Grinch.  And then compliment each other's awesome chewy centers.

And Victor, terrible as he may be at times, will be better off.  No more Big Hair all over the carpet, no more holes punched in walls, and best of all, not having to pretend any longer that Daniel is anything more than a dust catcher.  

Oh yeah, Eve drugging Jenn!  Now this I LIKE.  A LOT.  Jenn was almost charming the time JJ spiked the book club donuts, so Eve's drugging her might backfire by making Jenn actually tolerable.  Or, it might cause Jenn and her loved ones a lot of pain.   Either way, it's a WIN WIN for me!

Edited by boes
  • Love 7
(edited)

Just me, but  Abigail and Theresa are both psychos.

I find them both to be sex fiends.  Abigail does not seem to be money crazy like Theresa but that might be because her family gives her all the money she wants.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1

Loved Jen's blue dress - it was gorgeous!!    That said - the whole Eve drugging Jen is ridiculous - she does realize this plan is going to backfire on her doesn't she?

Still don't understand why they have Nicole with Dr. Tan - personally I think she has more chemistry with Rafe than either Dr. Tan or Eric

I really wish they had Theresa in Chad's orbit instead of Brady's - would be so much more fun to see her & Chad scheming together

Really wish they would end the Serena/Xander story  - as much as I liked Xander when he first came on - I'm now just ready for him to leave.

Really looking forward to seeing Steve/Bo/Andre - heck even Shawn D & Belle - it will be nice to have familiar characters back in the fold

• Love 5

Of course Suddenly Southern can't imagine that her plan might backfire -- that possibility never occurs to anyone in Salem (the Land that Consequence Forgot). No one ever learns anything, or ever has a plan with anything less than 100% chance of success.

Speaking of chances of success, I can't say I share the optimism about the change in writing staff. Higley seems to have the potential to be at least as terrible as the current crowd of drunken, sexist howler monkeys. And after all, it's not like Corday's suddenly going to cease being a micro-managing bowl of dicks.

• Love 7

Damnit, Theresa. It's getting harder and harder to care about what happens to her.  On the positive side, I am enjoying the interaction with Anne, but on the negative side...everything else. Have they gotten *anything* right in the way they've portrayed Theresa? I cringe when I think of what I'd feel for her if she were played by another actress, but we are fast approaching the point where not even JL's eyelashes can make this work.

I"m liking Kate and Justin. It may just be the thing Kate needs to get back in my good graces. 

I want Victor to hang. I still enjoy his quips most of the time, but I can't deal with this "I don't want to get caught" Victor. He used to own his shit, now he's hiding behind his pretty nephew because he's afraid of....what? Jail? Daniel, Maggie, and Brady being disappointed in him? The mighty have truly fallen. 

• Love 3

There really isn't a lot of difference between Theresa and Abby's actions in that they are both rather selfish creatures but there is a hell of a difference in how they are treated--Theresa is vilified while Abs gets a free pass and that is hard to take as a viewer.  It also doesn't help that JL is a very capable actress who somehow manages to maintain Theresa's humanity even in her dumbest actions so that we still have sympathy and want her to do better.  KM doesn't have nearly that ability so that Abs comes off even worse.

And I am all for Abs and her mom suffering horribly, especially Abby.  I love that she's going through all of this angst because she had sex with two men and doesn't know who the father is--LOVE IT!!  I want to see Jenn tortured because MR will be wonderful to watch as she teeters on the edge--the actress is also quite capable and will do this storyline justice.

• Love 7

I like Theresa and don't care for Abby, but there's a big difference between them, I think. Abby's selfish and hypocritical, but Theresa's tried to kill someone, blamed the guy she supposedly loves for it, and is now plotting to get an innocent bystander fired, possibly worse, by using her own son (indirectly, but still). Plus, there's the whole inexplicable gold digger thing she has going on. Abby pursing EJ and Austin was wrong, but I don't think she was calculating to the extent that Theresa is/has been. I might even excuse some of it if they bothered to explain her behavior away as Abby having daddy issues. Then again, I regularly excuse infidelity on the show because it's so prevalent. 
I liken Abby to Carrie. Both were characters I'm supposed to like, who are supposed to be good, but I just can't get behind because they have this whacked out sense of righteousness but are raging hypocrites when it comes to their own behavior. Carrie at least had the benefit of better writing, though. Now, if Theresa were to play two guys against each other the way Abby has (though I really don't think Abby's done that intentionally, I just think she's clueless, or rather the writers are), Theresa'd get skewered because she's...well, Theresa. So I do think they'd get vastly different receptions for the same "crime".

I don't know how I feel about Eve gaslighting Jennifer. I like it, in terms of being good soap and I think both KDP and MR are good when they have a chance, but I'm always wary of the way this show portrays mental illness. 

• Love 2
Now Nicole is literally stuck between a blockhead and and empty space,

LMAO.  Priceless.

with both Daniel and Eric the guys who want her.  She cannot make a good choice.  But if she's going to be stuck with one of them, she might as well be stuck with the one where she had all her crap moved to.  It's less trouble. 

Finally, the answer to why so many people in Salem stay with someone when they should run in the other direction.  Moving is a pain.

And that's as good as it is going to get for her until somebody moves to Salem who isn't a raving misogynistic asshole.

This will never happen.  Raving misogynistics rule all the soaps now.

• Love 3
(edited)

There really isn't a lot of difference between Theresa and Abby's actions in that they are both rather selfish creatures but there is a hell of a difference in how they are treated--Theresa is vilified while Abs gets a free pass and that is hard to take as a viewer.

I'd love to see the reaction if Abigail put someone into a coma like Theresa did to John. Or drugged people,OD'd, was addicted to cocaine, blackmail everyone,  or within 4 seconds of being a parent used the baby to get a woman out of town. There's massive differences in Theresa and Abby. Theresa's villified because her actions are villainous. 

As someone said above, Abigail is like Carrie. Theresa's Sami to Abigail's Carrie. Carrie cheated and made massive mistakes, but she didn't in purpose try to hurt people to get her own way.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
(edited)

Abigail is not like Carrie...No way, now how...Did you forget what Abigail did to Carrie and Austin? She let Austin believed that they had slept together creating problems between Carrie and Austin, Austin and Lucas who have always had a contentious relationship, almost causing him to be fired as a professor..Belle and Carrie are more alike than Abifail and Carrie...Both cheated on their husbands and made mistakes..Abigail is more like Sami, Abigail's actions were villainous when it came Austin and Carrie and got a pass for what she did to them..

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

Sami as a teenager was a criminal, kidnapping, blackmail, doing anything she could to destroy her sister. I have yet to see Abi do anything to destroy JJ. Carrie (and like Abi) made mistakes (aka serial cheaters), Abigail even confessed about what she did with Austin but she didn't do villainous criminal things against her family on purpose unlike Sami and like Theresa. Everything Sami did to her own sister Carrie while Sami was a teen were atrocious, nothing compared to Abigail.

Did Sami ever confess to anything? No. She got caught and found out. Like when Carrie found out about Sami's faking amnesia and lying about the paternity results passing Will as Austin's for years. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't know how I feel about Eve gaslighting Jennifer. I like it, in terms of being good soap and I think both KDP and MR are good when they have a chance, but I'm always wary of the way this show portrays mental illness.

That is a very valid concern.  Very.  The best part about it - perhaps the only good part, is that we'll see two good actresses, who have been given crap to work with, but still, for me, make it watchable.  

Overall, I'm dismayed by the way the remaining soaps, including this one, portray any real life situation, particularly regarding women and sexual abuse, and mental illness.

But at least I'll be watching two pros at work.  

ETA - Show gives us characters, portrayed as good guys - Brady with his rage and entitlement issues, Dan with the same, along with a delusionally rich ego - Eric with a severe personality disorder, etc., yet no character even questions their stability, so I guess that means the writing staff don't see those as issues.  And IMO, they also show us women, who whenever they act indepentently, or refuse "rescue" by said rage monkeys, we're told are weak and need the guidance of a good man.  WTF?  

Rhetorical question, but why has the writing, not only for Days, gone backward in their portrayal of women in general, and of couples relationships in particular?

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I'd love to see the reaction if Abigail put someone into a coma like Theresa did to John. Or drugged people,OD'd, was addicted to cocaine, blackmail everyone,  or within 4 seconds of being a parent used the baby to get a woman out of town. There's massive differences in Theresa and Abby. Theresa's villified because her actions are villainous. 

Oh I know that Theresa did dangerously criminal things to people and I also know that she's paid the price for it.  Abby, on the other hand, has also deliberately hurt people to get her own way, but there's been little to no accountability.  Yes, she didn't put anyone in a coma, but she did help destroy a family by having the affair with EJ and she didn't care that Sami and her kids were hurt because she wanted what she wanted and damn the consequences for anyone else.  That sounds very much like Theresa to me--the only difference is that Theresa is held responsible and because the actress is very talented, I can see that Theresa actually feels remorse when she's hurt someone.

Now on today's show, Serena is proving to be Abby-esque in that she talks about wanting to put Xander away but she doesn't want to have to do anything to make that happen. She wants Eric to forgive her but she doesn't want to have to do anything to get that forgiveness.  Sounds like Abs to me :)

How awesome was Jennifer's stepping right in between Eric and Eve's talking so she could hug Eric?  That's right Jenn, interrupt that conversation, you're the only one who matters.

• Love 6
(edited)

Technically Theresa is worse than Abifail, but I consider people like Abifail to be far more heinous. People like Theresa do bad things and they pay for it. They get yelled at, humiliated in public, shunned, dumped, get stuck with a robot as a mother. People like Abifail lie, cheat, manipulate, pit two guys against each other, have sex with other women's men, physically and verbally attack people unprovoked, have the audacity to come into someone's home and slap them because they said some mean things to you after you screwed their fiance. Not only do they face very very little, if any, repercussions for what they've done, they have the whole damn town lining up to absolve them of all wrongdoing and berate anyone who has the nerve to call the freak out on their behavior. Sami Fucking Brady had to be neutered so that sidepiece wouldn't get destroyed like she deserved. Theresa is a bitch and she will pay for what she's doing to the nanny while Abifail will continue to skate. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 8
(edited)

Thank you leftphalange and Kitmerlot1213, for articulating why I hate Abifail and why I will always prefer Theresa over her....Abigail played by Ashley Benson was a heroine who embodied the good and bad traits of Jack and Jennifer. I would have loved to have seen her continue in the role....Kate Mansi plays her like a vixen...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Thank you, Show, for remembering that you had started to create a friendship between Eve and Eric. They had some terrific scenes today. It was a relief to not only see Eve out of the kiddie pool, but also to see Eric not whinge about how she was snarking on Jen. He was very calm, gentle and firm in reminding her that he and Jen are friends and he won't allow her to speak that way about a friend.

Wow. Upon reading what I just wrote, how ridiculous is it that we have to be thankful for adult reactions?

• Love 10
(edited)

Eve knew Eric since he was a kid. Andrew, Eric and Sami used to play with each other..I wished they would reference that..Eve was very much a part of the Brady family through Shane...She was a part of their holiday gathering...They should have bonded Paige to Caroline, Eric, Kayla, Brady  and John. Instead, they made her an honoray Horton, epic fail...Shane should have come to Salem to have scenes with his only Granddaughter, to cement her place on the show as Donovan/Brady....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)

7/16/2015 Recap :)

JJ/Kyle/Paige

We start with JJ telling Kyle he doesn't want him hanging out with Paige which Kyle wants to know why it's any business of JJ's. Paige enters and wants to know that herself and she tells JJ to get the hell out of her life and stay out of it. Kyle asks if there's a problem and Paige says JJ is the loser ex-boyfriend she was talking about and not to believe JJ as everything he says is a lie. Kyle asks about their relationship and says what's going on between them is none of his business and leaves. Paige tells JJ that he doesn't need to tell her who she needs to see as she'll see whoever she wants and Paige says what she wants is for JJ to get out of her life.

JJ wants to stay away from Paige but JJ tells her to get a brain and he calls her stupid which Paige responds with a slap. JJ wants Paige to hear him and says Kyle is bad news and not about him trying to get back into her life as Paige has made her feelings clear. JJ says being mad at him and she shouldn't try and ruin her life and he's not gonna sit and watch her make a huge mistake. Paige says he's right, he can't get back into her life and JJ leaves. She tells JJ to say hi to Eve for her.

Paige is now by herself when Kyle approaches and asks what was it about and Paige says JJ is a jerk and Kyle wants to know why. Paige says you can't trust JJ no matter what he says and doesn't want to talk about him and wants to talk about them. Kyle would like to talk in private but Paige has to go back to her dorm and can meet later. Kyle asks about JJ and Paige asks if he's afraid of JJ which Kyle says no and Paige says she'll call him.

Eve/Jennifer/Eric

Eve is able to not be seen by Jen as Jen sits back down and drinks as Eve flashes back to reading the dosage and putting pills in her drink as Jen chugs it down. Jen doesn't like the taste of the drink and Jennifer takes it to the lady and doesn't want it anymore and leaves. Eve is disappointed and Eric runs into her and they make small pleasant talk until Jennifer interrupts their conversation by coming up and hugging Eric and Eve doesn't look pleased.

Jen talks about Eric and them almost dying which Eve excuses herself. Jen is ready for Eric to get back to work and Jen wants Eric to take photos of crawl spaces of the hospital which I guess is a joke. Jen leaves. Eve approaches and they talk about photos and Eve invites him to dinner which Eric declines and instead invites Eve to his place to go over some photos and Eve accepts. They walk off together.

Eve and Eric arrive at Eric's house which Eric straightens up and Eve sees his photos and Eve says Eric can clean and Eve will see what's in his fridge as she's good at heating up leftovers. They're eating dinner and Eve offers coffee while Eric looks for the old photo they were speaking of. Eve sees a photo of Serena and calls her beautiful and Eric says it's an old picture and puts it back in the box which Eve thinks she touched on a sore subject and asks what happened. Eric says Serena betrayed and used him and that's an old boring story. Eve apologizes. Eve looks in the cupboard for sweetener and Eve says she has some in her purse and Eve asks about Nicole and Serena. Eric says Serena would be brought to justice and how she committed crimes far beyond breaking his heart and if you commit a crime there are consequences which Eve looks at the pill bottle.

Eve finds a photo she loves and says she'll take it which Eric says it's Jen as she has a great eye and it upsets Eve and bad talks Jen. Eric says he likes Eve but Jen is his friend and he's not taking sides but he can't have Eve talking negatively of Jen. Eric didn't mean to do that and they can change the subject and Eve says she like that Eric said it because of the way he said it as being direct. Eve says the way she feels about Jen is screwed up and it doesn't help that everyone thinks Jen walks on water and everything is her fault. Eve says she will never forgive and forget what JJ did to Paige and how Jen isn't blameless and tries and stops herself from talking about it as it takes her to a bad place and Paige needs her. Eric says what Eve just told him was really brave. Eve says talking isn't brave but what you do and how Eric helped her tonight and made her realize to think less of herself and more about Paige.

Eve goes to leave and Eric says if Eve wants to talk he can put on more coffee. Eve declines and has to get home and they talk about how secrets always come to the surface and Eve leaves.

Eric alone flashes back to telling Nicole he loves her.

Aiden

Aiden is on the phone reserving a luxurious hotel room for anniversary with Hope and wants it to be perfect.

Hope/Dan/Nicole

Hope picks up the engagement ring and looks at Dan. Hope stutters and says she wasn't searching and it just fell out of the bag. Dan asks if Hope's like it and Hope says it's none of her business but Dan wants a female's point of view and asks if it's too big which Hope says diamonds are never too big and praises the ring and Dan wants Hope to keep it a secret. Hope says Dan is going to ask Nicole to marry him which Dan confirms and says it feels right. Dan says he isn't going to ask tonight and wait for her to settle in and not going to wait months though. Hope blabbers on and Dan says the move doesn't sit right with Hope and Dan says Hope thinks he's making a mistake.

Hope says it the ring and commitment as it seems rushed and asks Dan if it's rush. Dan says does Hope think he's marrying Nicole because she almost died. Dan says it's rushed but they been through so much and they deserve to be happy and Hope says Dan deserves to be happy and she's happy for him and looking forward to dancing at his wedding. Hope says if Nicole messes it up she's an idiot. Dan asks about the Xander case and can't believe that he's connected to that animal and they discuss Victor and they chat some more until Hope has to go as she has a date with Aiden and tells Dan to get a storage box as Nicole has a lot of stuff and Hope leaves.

Nicole arrives home and Dan is putting Nicole's things away and Nicole says more things are coming. Nicole goes to open a drawer which Dan tells her not to touch that specific drawer. Nicole asks about the drawer which Dan evades and they talk about her moving in and kiss. Nicole can't believe it's her first night in her new home or their home. They kiss some more with Nicole

Nicole/Eric/Serena/Aiden

Nicole wants to know if Eric will keep it a secret while Serena looks on from behind the archway. Eric dodges the question and leaves. Nicole says she doesn't have a choice as Serena comes out of hiding and walks through pretending like she's taking a stroll and stops by Nicole. Nicole asks Serena what she's doing there and Serena says why is it any of Nicole's business and says it's a public place. Nicole brings up Serena being deceitful and calls her a bitch for when she came to Salem. Serena says Nicole better watch what she says to her and Nicole says Serena better stay far away from her. Serena asks if that's a threat and Aiden enters and asks if everything is fine which Serena says it is and Nicole says no it isn't and glad Aiden showed up as he's the person she wants to see.

Nicole introduces Aiden to Serena and tells Serena that Aiden is her lawyer. Nicole wants to bring a civil suit and will bring one if Serena and Xander are not behind bars and could bone them dry from the drug smuggling money. Aiden excuses him and Nicole and walks to the side with her and tells Nicole to keep quiet which Nicole understands and Aiden leaves. Serena says Nicole's threats don't scare her and she had nothing to do with what happened to Eric and Nicole which Nicole calls bull and that Serena brought Xander to town and brings some irrelevant logic to her reasoning. Serena says Nicole can bring her stupid lawsuit if that's the best she got which Nicole says she doesn't and has another way of giving Serena the best she got and asks Serena if she wants to hear it.

Serena isn't interested and Nicole talks about her boss being interested and calls Serena a skank. Nicole talks about falling in love with the wrong men but she was never with someone like Xander and how she can write a story on it. Serena says she can't prove anything and Nicole goes on and on about how people can help her and Serena tells her to write it and Nicole says she's gonna let Eric see what a disgusting person she is and how Eric won't forgive her and walks off.

Hope/Aiden

Hope arrives in the room which Aiden is there in a tuxedo and wine and champagne. Hope kisses Aiden. Later they're toasting and talking about when they first met. Hope asks how long ago when they met which Aiden remembers and asks Hope what day it is today and Aiden reminds her by showing her a dress. Later Hope puts it on and it looks like a white wedding dress. Aiden says it's their anniversary of when they first danced together. Hope liked the way Aiden danced with her and they go on and on and being romantic with each other and Aiden asks if he can have this dance and they dance the night away and kiss some more. They continue dancing and kissing as Hope can't believe it was a year ago. Aiden can't imagine his life without Hope and Hope says he doesn't have to worry about that and they kiss some more.

JJ/Jennifer/Kyle

JJ arrives home and Jen wants to know what's going on, and JJ talks about Paige and Paige hanging around a bad boy. Jen says JJ has to let her go as there's nothing he can do about it. JJ says Paige doesn't understand the people she's dealing with and Jen says JJ has to accept it and walks off. JJ says to himself that Jen is right, there's nothing he can say but there's something he can do.

JJ alone in the living room calls Kyle who didn't expect to hear from JJ. JJ basically tells Kyle that he can have Paige and Kyle wonders if that's why he called which JJ says no which he wants to talk about the drug thing while looking at the DEA card.

Serena

Serena arrives in her hotel room and flashes back to Eric and Nicole's conversation. Serena paces and says wonder what would happen if Dan finds out what Nicole doesn't want him to know as they show Dan and Nicole kissing on the couch (f.y.i Dan is shirtless). 

Damn Jacosta, that was just beyond rude, she saw Eve and Eric talking and she just walks up and interrupts the conversation. Writers should definitely toy with an Eve and Eric pairing. Eric just seems very natural when around her. 

Nicole forever showing her dumbness, what makes her think she could bring a civil suit to get the blood diamond money. It's illegal money and she wouldn't get one red cent and what civil suit against Serena? What did Serena do to her, if anything Serena could file a suit for Nicole breaking into her hotel room, reading her emails, etc. GTFO Nicole. Really reaching. Yes Aiden, tell her to STFU.

Today's episode was just very BORING!!!!!

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

Did anyone notice the bizarre moaning music when Eve was with Eric? Are they pairing them up?

I'd be down with that. Anything to get KdP out of the kiddie pool AND away from Jennifer.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'd be marginally for it... except that they are establishing pretty clearly that Eric's still got it for Nicole and Eve is plotting against his pal Jennifer.

Once upon a time, that would totally be set up for them to fall in love but not in this... the Pyrite Age of Soaps.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 3

I hear you. But Jen is not actually mentally ill, Eve is just messing with her, so at least there's that - it's not a portrayal of a character who actually is dealing with mental illness.

Eve knew Eric since he was a kid. Andrew, Eric and Sami used to play with each other..I wished they would reference that..Eve was very much a part of the Brady family through Shane...

Eve left town when Eric was very small and never returned until now, and her story was the whole marriage of convenience to Jack thing. There were no scenes between her and the Bradys - Shane and Kim had been divorced for some time by then, and Eve was busy with her own life. I'd be surprised if Eric had any real memories of her from that time given his age and that she was off doing her own thing.

• Love 1
(edited)

Abigail is not like Carrie...No way, now how...Did you forget what Abigail did to Carrie and Austin? She let Austin believed that they had slept together creating problems between Carrie and Austin, Austin and Lucas who have always had a contentious relationship, almost causing him to be fired as a professor..Belle and Carrie are more alike than Abifail and Carrie...Both cheated on their husbands and made mistakes..Abigail is more like Sami, Abigail's actions were villainous when it came Austin and Carrie and got a pass for what she did to them..

Abigail and Sami sure have not been treated the same.  Sami got dogged and slapped at every wrong turn while the easy piece got  hugs and kisses and told it was someone else fault.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 5
(edited)

I really wish they had Theresa in Chad's orbit instead of Brady's - would be so much more fun to see her & Chad scheming together

Nah, let her stay in Brady's orbit. He deserve to be stuck with someone like that.

Edited by Sidney

I know Sami, Nicole, and Theresa have done bad things, and they screw up, however, the guys they have been with are not saints.  Not by a long shot.  But it's always written that Sami, Nicole, and Theresa are in the wrong even when they didn't do anything wrong.

Then there are Stefano and Victor who constantly refer to women as sluts, whores, bitches, and who throw those words at Kate a lot, even though they used to scheme with Kate, and have done far worse than Kate.

At the end of the day, I end up coming down on Sami, Nicole, Kate, and Theresa's sides even when I shouldn't because the writing is so slanted and unequal.

I see it was Hope's turn to sing Dan's praises today.  Is it Maxine's or Jenn's turn tomorrow?

Dan will end up dumping Nicole.  Nicole will run to Eric.  Eric will be with Eve, and tell Nicole he is done with her.  Eric will find out what Eve is doing to Jenn, and he will be done with her.  Eric will run to Nicole, look for Serena, hook up with Jenn, and then be done with whoever?  Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Love 6

Sami and Nicole have been in very abusive situations that automatically make me feel sympathy for them. They also have faced death and defended themselves against rapists and attempted murderers. That gives them a heroic and tough quality and also the actors have been on longer and make more of an effort to show hurt and vulnerability.

About today. Eve isn't making a damn bit of sense. Also Jenn is already insane so making her doubt her sanity won't matter. It will just make her more sympathetic and blow up in Eve's face just like screwing JJ to show what a piece of shit he is/bad boyfriend plan worked out. Which was an epic fail.

• Love 4

This drugging Jen s/l is stupid. Is Eve going to follow her 24/7 and spike all her beverages? How are you going to make someone think they're going looney tunes if you're not able to give her the drugs on a regular basis?

• Love 4

No, I haven't forgotten. I even mentioned Austin in my post. 

I think they're very similar in that they've gotten passes for cheating. Carrie cheated on  Austin, Lucas, and Austin again. Once with her sister's fiance and another with her sister's husband and never suffered long term repercussions. So yeah, she reminds me of Abby. 

(edited)

All today's show did was remind me of what a waste the Show has made of Daniel Cosgrove's talents.  So much that could be, yet little of it appears.

Ahhhh, I see JJ IS a budding male Salemite from the BEST of families!  He showed that when he yelled at Paige about how stupid she is.  

Daniel would be so proud.  Jack, not so much.

Jenn pushing herself inbetween Eric and Eve and interrupting a conversation - poison her, Eve, drive her nuts.  It's only fair, since Jenn makes me nuts.

Any chance that Serena might suffocate herself in that blue dress anytime soon?  

Edited by boes
  • Love 7
(edited)

I hear you. But Jen is not actually mentally ill, Eve is just messing with her, so at least there's that - it's not a portrayal of a character who actually is dealing with mental illness.

Eve left town when Eric was very small and never returned until now, and her story was the whole marriage of convenience to Jack thing. There were no scenes between her and the Bradys - Shane and Kim had been divorced for some time by then, and Eve was busy with her own life. I'd be surprised if Eric had any real memories of her from that time given his age and that she was off doing her own thing.

Eve was very much part of the Brady family..She was at Kayla and Steve's wedding, she once spent Thanksgiving with Shawn Sr. and Caroline...Eve as Written by Tomsell has no resemblance to original Eve as played by the divine Charlotte Ross. Tomsell with their poison pens have ruined many legacy characters. Original recipe Eve, would never have slept with JJ and hurt her daughter in such a despicable maner. She liked Jack and never hated him..He married her to help get her hands on her inheritance that Nick left her. She never slept with Jack and Jennifer jumped to the wrong conclusion after catching them in bed, after they got married...She disliked Jennifer, but it was never hatred, she just called her out for playing games with Frankie. They never had an epic rivalry and she never tried to steal Jennifer's other boyfriends...They never went to High school together..She did like Frankie and caused trouble for them . While Frankie and Jennifer were apart, he had an affair, she exposed it, breaking them up, but it backfired on her, when Frankie left town..She was a teenage prostitute and  had a creepy relationship with her pimp Nick Corelli, who later died...They loved each other, but it was fraught with problems.. She and Frankie left town together to go to Africa after they fell for each other...I was expecting Paige to be his child, it would have made sense, but nothing makes sense in Tomsell's Days of our lives..

I have always said that Days is the best when it comes to couples, whether they were supercouples or minor couples. The love story between Nick and Eve was unconventional due to the dynamic that exists between a prostitute and a pimp, but it was still beautiful.. She would never hate her baby sister Jeannie/Theresa..She had a special bond with her brother Andrew....She was hired by Kim to be his babysitter, before they knew that she was Shane's daughter..She was bitchy, but very sympathetic...She tried to break up Kim and Shane believing that Kim was the reason that her parents were not together..She was believed to be Emma's daughter, Shane's crazy ex-wife, but Gabrielle Pascale turned out to be her biological mother.. Eve may not have been very close to the Brady's, she eventually became a part of their family via Shane and Kim. Despite her problems with Kim after finding out about Shane, they grew to love and support each other.. In fact Kim tried to save her, after Nick forced her back into prostitution and Kim got hurt losing her baby in the process...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Are you sure about the Eve/Andrew's babysitter stuff? I watched a lot of original Eve and I remember Emma and I may have a vague recollection of Gabrielle, but I think Andrew was well after my time.

(edited)

Kim befriended her and that is how she began to interact with Shane and Kimberly and became Andrew's babysitter..I could be wrong...It was a long time ago...lol..Gabrielle was Shane's old ISA partner and she caused trouble for Kim as well....Poor Kim! she was always targeted by Shane's old paramours..I think it was one of Shane's ex who framed her for Emma's murder..Emma was one psycho bitch.....She was deadly...She started all sweet and nice and bam....She kidnapped Andrew and teamed up with Victor to cause trouble for Kim and Shane...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

The Eric & Eve scenes were fun - had totally forgotten that they had become friends - can we have more of that?  

Am tired of Paige harping on JJ EVERY TIME she sees him - I get it - you were wronged & humiliated & want to see them pay - it was fun when she first found out but am tired of her harping now.  

I did kind of love Hope & Aiden's date - they are a little boring but it was still kind of sweet.

• Love 4

Paige and JJ had both harped on the same stuff for shit it feels like two years.

Seriously it was everyday

"I love JJ but I don't know if I can trust him/we can be together blah blah."

~and~

"I love Paige. The only thing that matters is I end I with Paige. Blah Blah.....Eve is wrong. Blah I love Paige."

Now, it's everyday

"JJ is the worst. He and my mom get out of my life. Go to hell. Blah Blah."

~and ~

"(Paige I'm sorry). She will see she's making a mistake(s) blah blah Eve is wrong.... Blah I love Paige."

• Love 4

So in this week's SOD it is said some tiny adjustments have been made to the shows that air before Higriff's material starts. They also mention they have reshot some scenes that were almost 6 months old in the past few weeks. It's part of them trying to make the transition into the new stories smoother.  It makes sense with the flashbacks lasting for an eternity and scenes that are disjointed  and out of place.....Some people have speculated that Freddie  re-shot his exit from the show...That could be why he was spotted on the set a few months ago....

• Love 2

So in this week's SOD it is said some tiny adjustments have been made to the shows that air before Higriff's material starts. They also mention they have reshot some scenes that were almost 6 months old in the past few weeks. It's part of them trying to make the transition into the new stories smoother.  It makes sense with the flashbacks lasting for an eternity and scenes that are disjointed  and out of place.....Some people have speculated that Freddie  re-shot his exit from the show...That could be why he was spotted on the set a few months ago....

I hope one of the adjustments is the Eve Drugs Jen storyline. I really liked the stuff yesterday where Eve admitted that she knows her hatred of Jen comes from a screwed up place and she needs to stop thinking about herself and think about her daughter. I am fine with Eve and Jen being rivals, I'm all for it actually, but I'd really like a dynamic where it's not one side = always bad and the other side = always good. I'm not really holding my breath there because that's something soaps have done for a while now but it's more interesting when there are more shades. KDP and MR can play the shades so why not take advantage of that?

• Love 3

I'm hoping that if Sonny has to leave town, the "adjustment scene" is that he takes Ari G. along. She deserves to stay with her good dad, not the crappy, self-centred nincompoop one.

• Love 3

Now Nicole is literally stuck between a blockhead and and empty space, with both Daniel and Eric the guys who want her. She cannot make a good choice. But if she's going to be stuck with one of them, she might as well be stuck with the one where she had all her crap moved to. It's less trouble. And that's as good as it is going to get for her until somebody moves to Salem who isn't a raving misogynistic asshole.

Omg, you guys, I was reading Serial Drama archives and found the entry for Dr Dan's first appearance! It's so sad how happy and excited everyone was to have a new character who was an actual doctor who wasn't related to half the town. There were some high hopes for him back in the day. And now? Blech.

• Love 1

I knew it! The Ireland lady had something to do with Stefano's need for Abigail to be with Chad. Perhaps there's oil or something on the land. Now stalker Clyde is going to probably have his stalker son go ask to marry Abigail to get the land too! We haven't had a good interrupted St.Luke's wedding since Nick/Gabi's. Abigail and viewers are due another wedding break up.

Why is Rafe comparing Paul to EJ not giving up on Sami? Sonny's not the one cheating (unlike Sami with EJ), that would be Will. Sonny's the one who should not even be trying and be done with Will.

Finally flashbacks that I loved seeing. Adrienne and Justin's wedding! Those scenes between them ending their marriage were great.

• Love 1

What's really weird is that in my various rewatching of Friends, Shawn Christian shows up in one episode as Rachel's substitute obstetrician. Even weirder? He's totally professional and SHE'S the one who flirts with him, later admitting that she put her pinkie in his chin dimple. It's one of those things that, at the time, I didn't know who he was so it was fine but NOW? I'm wondering why he a) doesn't immediately sleep with her and b) tell her how awesome he is.

• Love 1
(edited)

Poor Lucas, he can never catch a break, he is always second best...Adrienne obviously did not want to divorce Justin..I wish they had had their other boys comment on their third divorce...Alex and the twins not being in town is a plot hole that needs to be fixed by the new regime....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I'm sorry couldn't recap today's show. Raining and lightning and took out my satellite signal so don't know what happened at all today. Probably nothing since Friday's are always a letdown. 

• Love 3
(edited)

So perhaps the last 5 minutes of today's show was an "adjustment", with the random Adrienne "What are you doing here?" cliffhanger, Rafe and Stefano's odd property boundary scene, and even Will and Paul.  Those 3 scenes, even the lighting,  felt just off to me, like they belonged to another episode.

Edit to add:  I would never even attempt to match ShadowSixx's recapping skill, but here's what I remember from today:

Clyde listening on Chad and Stefano's discussion of why Chad needs to marry Abigail.  The sick nanny in Ireland has willed her high value property to Abigail, and only Stefano knows why it is so valuable.

Hope visited Abigail and told her she took the pregnancy test box. She asked if she was pregnant, but before she could answer their was a knock at the door and a teary Abigail answered and Clyde asked why she was upset.

Adrienne brought the signed divorce papers to Justin. He said he still loved her.  She had a flashback to their wedding. Then the both agreed the divorce was the right thing to do.  Then in a, for me, random scene, Adriene knocked at what i assumed was Lucas' apartment and when the door opened she asked "what are you doing here?"  We didn't see who answered it.

Marlena told Will he and Sonny needed to find friends in the gay community.  Paul met with Kate about business told her she was giving Will bad advise on saving his marriage.

Think that is all.  At least all that I remember.

And ShadowSixx, just remembering/typing this took a while.  So I really realize how much effort you put into your much appreciated daily recaps!

Editing again to add:  the random scene at the end with Rafe and Stefano argueing over Rafe tresspassing on Stefano's property. And Paul bumping into Will and saying something about Will seeing him talking to Sonny.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 6