Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think Marlena was arguing less for the power of fate than for the idea that life is unpredictable, and Paul shouldn't imagine that he understands enough to judges the lives of others.

• Love 2
(edited)

^^^^^ gotcha! I was trying to unpack that convo but in the end I was just like....... ok writers. Also, considering Victor is so blatantly pro Paul and Kate is so blatantly anti Paul, the fact that neither have met him is a crying shame! oh the snark i am missing out on from both sides

Edited by chassiecrane
  • Love 1

Is Pop-Up Victor pro-Sparkle or just sick of Won't's lies?

Don't even get me started on Creepy Clyde's gross stalker app!

I think he's pro paul and anti Will, he's the one who tried to send Sonny after Paul and found his address and put Justin onto the pro-Paul team.

Honestly, I'm shocked Will hasn't tagged Sonny yet, never mind Ben tagging Abby (i can't believe i'm feeling anything for Ben but I actually feel bad now). I cannot with these cheating story fallouts. I just need one person to tell everyone "what you did is not ok." I need some actual, adult, realistic consequences.

• Love 2

I think Marlena has been doing a great job with Will. She listens to him, then questions him in her therapist voice, and without ever coming right out and telling him he's behaving like a jackass, she seems to be getting through to him somewhat. He tries to defend himself, she does more therapist voice. I will admit to still liking Marlena, since I was not watching during the past 25 or so years that ruined her for so many of you.

I don't know about her wardrobe choices lately though. First there was that weird white shirt/half sweater combo, then what she's been wearing this week. What IS that jacket sort of thing??

• Love 7

Oh, I agree self-loathing is justified in approximately 80% of the population of Salem. JJ seems to have the most practice at it, though perhaps not as much reason for it as he believes.

I don't remember seeing (or perhaps I should say "watching") this conversation; had Justin taken a severe blow to the skull immediately prior to said conversation?

It was after Justin came back from visiting Sparkles in San Francisco. He came to Sonny's apartment and they talked and Sonny told Justin that he's not leaving Sneasel for Sparkles cause he knew that was what Justin was hinting at when they were speaking. 

• Love 2

I actually thought that involving Justin was almost a smart move on the writers' part. I like it when Justin gets a chance to be the voice of reason.

It's hard for me to consider Justin the voice of reason when he's passing judgement on Will and his marriage to Sonny while also cheating on his wife and openly having phone conversations with his side piece in the Kirakis mansion. If he really wanted to be the voice of reason he would tell Sonny to do what he feels is best for himself and leave it at that. But, if he insists on involving himself in the situation he should be telling Sparkle to stop being so delusional. Even if Sonny still has some feelings for Sparkle that doesn't necessarily mean he's still in love with him and it doesn't mean he would want to get back together if his marriage to Will ends.

• Love 2

While Eve probably didn't come to town solely to destroy JJ, she certainly did a good job of doing it...and in the process, also destroyed her relationship with her daughter. Prior to Eve/JJ knocking boots, if not for Eve's constant badgering, putting JJ down in front of Paige, threatening JJ to stay away, and later setting him up with drugs and/or lies to make him look like the bad guy, JJ & Paige would have been fine. But no, she was determined to make him squirm every chance she got. Not saying that JJ was innocent (after the sex), but Eve certainly enjoyed destroying JJ...and in turn, her precious daughter whom she claimed to love more than life itself. Bitch!

• Love 4

The current incarnation of Eve is  only surviving because KDP is playing her. 

But on paper, I think the character is weirder than Sami, Nicole, and Kate combined. Her inability to see how she is the one who had sex with JJ and that's primarily why she landed in this mess is utterly baffling to me. If anyone else was playing Eve, I'm wondering how I'd respond to her, and it probably wouldn't be pretty. 

• Love 10

Middle aged women approaching 50 don't have sex with an 18 year old.  Period.  Especially if he's dating your daughter.  But I agree KDP has sold it better than some one else might have.

• Love 4

I think Marlena has been doing a great job with Will. [snip]

I don't know about her wardrobe choices lately though. First there was that weird white shirt/half sweater combo, then what she's been wearing this week. What IS that jacket sort of thing??

I SO agree I don't even know if I've see stuff like that in the store. They were so outlandish it was like they were made for her. The high colored white wrap dress shirt (?) with the big tweed asymmetrical blazer/sweater/poncho that had a big zipper- no words! Why don't thy just put her in some Ann Taylor and call it a day? Oh and she's been great with Will and he's been a douche.
  • Love 3

I'm baffled as to why people are pushing Sonny to be with Paul.  I can understand why they think Sonny should leave Will after the cheating, and Will's idiotic lame attempts to - I'm really not sure what the hell Will is trying to do, but I don't get why everyone would be, "Get back together with the other jerk you used to love who didn't love you enough to come out of the closet."  Sonny would need to get his life back on track after divorcing Will.  Jumping directly into another relationship is not the answer.  Then again when do any of these people end a current relationship before diving headlong into their next disaster.

All of these cheaters knew exactly what they were doing.  I have no sympathy for any of them, and their pathetic excuses and whining just annoy me, and make me dislike them even more.

• Love 5
(edited)

Exactly Tigerlynx, even if Sonny leaves Will, Paul would be a rebound. Plus, Sonny has told Will that he has never loved anybody like he loves him. Paul  has never been the love of Sonny's life. Victor and Justin do not know him. It would be foolish for Sonny to get in a relationship with Sparkle after Will. Victor's hatred of Will and love for Paul is so contrived, given the fact that Will spent alot of time at the Kiriakis mansion when he was kid. Kate's hatred of Sparkle is actually in character, she has always been overprotective of her children and grandchildren. She always schemed to get their heart's desire to their detriment. She never stopped pushing Billie onto Bo, even when it was painfully obvious that the ship had sailed. Billie would never compare to Hope in Bo's eyes.  

Paul like Daniel has to be propped to the heavens to be relevant, so they have to have  characters extol their virtues to the masses.  Sparkle has Justin and Daniel has Maxine..Will like Jack had to be sacrificed at the altars of Sparkle and Daniel. I cannot wait for Sonny to leave, so that the triangle of doom can end with his departure...August cannot come fast enough for me...I have Steve coming back for his sweetness to look forward to..Hopefully, Jack will not be too far behind...

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

I've been away on business for a few days and caught up all in one fell swoop -- I have to say that this show is even more ridiculous than I thought it was, watching day to day. But I can't quit it, at least until the old guard comes back in August. 

Will's desperation to hang on to Sonny is painful to watch, doubly so when he has the adorable Ari in his arms at the time. That sloppy kiss on the cheek in the photo and then springing the Gabi visit on Sonny, which I'm sure he dreamed up at that moment, is just driving Sonny farther away. I have to start FFing through their scenes. 

And I've also seen JJ loathe himself enough. Let's get him back on track, show, please? And Abigail -- talk about the blind leading the blind when it comes to relationship advice. She needs to marinate a bit more in her self-loathing : )

Forgot to add: my husband recently acquired a motorcycle and one day when I was saying that I worry about him on his rides, my boss told me about that hoo-ha tracker so that I can know where he is all the time. But that's a bridge way too far for me! The very idea of 'tracking' someone is awful in my opinon. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 2

And I've also seen JJ loathe himself enough. Let's get him back on track, show, please? And Abigail -- talk about the blind leading the blind when it comes to relationship advice. She needs to marinate a bit more in her self-loathing : )

I agree.  JJ became a favorite for many of us for a reason.  The guy has a natural charm AND he's got some acting ability.  Watching him yesterday was proof to me of that ability.  He's manic, he's refusing to face facts, he looks exhausted, portraying someone whose nerves are fraying very well IMO.

But we've seen him in agony for long enough.  Give him a break.

Keep the new Paige, though.  This snarky, pissed woman is a lot better to watch.

• Love 5
(edited)

Also loving the new Paige, boes. And your comment reminded me -- she was acting a bit manic yesterday, too, in her Theresa/Eve scenes. She must feel so alone right now, except for Daphne, I guess. But with Eve as her mother, Paige has learned how to cope on her own since she was a little kid, I expect. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 4

What ever happened to Mary Beth, Paige's other friend?

Good question.  She wasn't JJ's biggest fan and she and Paige clashed over that.  Plus, she sort of aided and abetted some of Eve's schemes.  But Paige never gave her the boot, exactly.  

Just one day she was replaced in the friend category by Daphne.  No complaints frome me.  If Paige is only allowed one friend, I'm fine with it being Daphne.  I just thank the Soap Gods that it's not Abigail.

• Love 2

For crying out loud, Daniel's excuses for Jenn were nauseating.

I thought you all might enjoy this. When Jenn was going on about what a terrible thing she'd done (as a preface, of course, to saying BUT and blaming it on Eve), Daniel said, "But you had the best of intentions. What you were dealing with...Motherhood 101 doesn't cover that." At which point, Mr. Micat turned to me and said, "But Common Sense 101 does!"

• Love 7
(edited)

The character of Eve is another character that needs to be fixed by the new regime. I cannot see Charlotte Ross' Eve doing all of this type of damage to her little girl. Original recipe Eve was a bitch, but she was sympathetic and rootable. She caused Kim to miscarry her baby and she still remained viable as a character. I loved her friendship with Jack, her creepy relationship with Nick, her  relationship with Shane her dad and her evolving relationship with Kim. She started hating her, but eventually came to love Kim and admire her. Eve was a complex woman who had alot of pain that she covered up with bitchiness and defiance..She never hated Jennifer, and they never had an epic rivalry. She just called her out for playing games with Frankie. Eve was right in her assessment of Jennifer. The writers did not play favorites and everybody was allowed to have a point of view. The writers back then knew how to craft a story without character assassinations to move the plot....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I can't see Charlotte Ross' Eve doing this to Paige either.  This is just another example of the writers not caring at all about character continuity.  Everything is plot driven.

If you have to get a tracking device to be secure in your relationship with someone, get the hell out of the relationship.  Either the person you are with is not trustworthy, or you have severe issues.  Whichever it is, the relationship is doomed.

• Love 4
(edited)

For crying out loud, Daniel's excuses for Jenn were nauseating.

I thought you all might enjoy this. When Jenn was going on about what a terrible thing she'd done (as a preface, of course, to saying BUT and blaming it on Eve), Daniel said, "But you had the best of intentions. What you were dealing with...Motherhood 101 doesn't cover that." At which point, Mr. Micat turned to me and said, "But Common Sense 101 does!"

Jen isn't ready for Mothering 101. She should try a remedial class Mothering 021.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

I think that's one of the things that annoys me the most, Apprentice79. KDP can absolutely play all of the shades. Blair was a fucked up mess on OLTL who accidentally ran over rivals or accidentally shoved them out of windows or went after various people for various reasons of revenge but there was always a softness to her, as well... for her mentally incapacitated mother, for any child, for the people she cared about... and her love story with Todd was infinitely screwed up but there was never a moment you didn't know she loved him with everything in her in ways she never loved any of her other interests. She's got the capability to play Eve Donovan as bitchy, troubled, sympathetic and, yes, even rootable... but the writers have made her a bigger mess than I could even fathom. I do think KDP's abilities have give Eve touches of sympathy in a deeply unsympathetic story... it's why I really wish that she (and Missy Reeves) had legitimately good writing because I think the two of them playing Eve and Jennifer could be amazing. They've been pretty awesome even with this shitstorm. Imagine if they had something really good to work with!

And, man, they never did seem to come up with any reason why the affair continued for JJ or for Eve. And they really seemed to leave both actors twisting in the wind on that score, too. It was all so... wasteful.

• Love 5

Correct as usual, Apprentice : ) Eve was one of my very favorite characters -- I'm a sucker for the flawed but rootable, which probably explains my fixation with bad boys (Jordan Catalano, anyone?). 

• Love 1
(edited)

I find Eve so incredibly compelling and I owe that 100% to KDP's acting ability. Somehow I feel worse for her than I do for Paige (JJ doesn't factor in because JJ is trash and always will be) and it's all because of KDP. She is making this storyline watchable for me because I really don't give a damn what happens to Paige (go to Stanford already, genius)!

Edited by chassiecrane
  • Love 6
(edited)

I always wanted Sonny to go dark for a while and I think Will's betrayal should  have sent him over the edge...The writers just want to make Will into Sami. How lazy and unimaginative. Sonny is such a blank slate and they could do so much with him because he did not grow up onscreen. Sonny's Johnson genes combined with his Kiriakis genes should make him more dynamic. JJ, Abigail, Joey(he will soon be an angry teen) and even Stefanie have let their Johnson genes come to the surface at some point in their lives...Why can't Sonny...If Sonny ever comes back to Salem, in the form of Freddie Smith, I hope he comes back a bit harder, darker and cynical. Especially he finds that Will and Sparkle are now a happy family with Gabi and Arianna... Sonny has never made Will and Paul pay for their indiscretion...A vengeful Sonny would be so much better than Saintly Sonny...

Edited by Apprentice79

So Ben downloaded the app within minutes of telling Clyde no. LOL He didn't take long at all. 

When Ben said Joey was there, my thought was "Joey who?" I forgot they were bringing on Kayla's son. I'm guessing he's the new guy for Paige. Who is a lot more interesting now than she was before.

• Love 1

The character of Eve is another character that needs to be fixed by the new regime. I cannot see Charlotte Ross' Eve doing all of this type of damage to her little girl. Original recipe Eve was a bitch, but she was sympathetic and rootable. She caused Kim to miscarry her baby and she still remained viable as a character. I loved her friendship with Jack, her creepy relationship with Nick, her  relationship with Shane her dad and her evolving relationship with Kim. She started hating her, but eventually came to love Kim and admire her. Eve was a complex woman who had alot of pain that she covered up with bitchiness and defiance..She never hated Jennifer, and they never had an epic rivalry. She just called her out for playing games with Frankie. Eve was right in her assessment of Jennifer. The writers did not play favorites and everybody was allowed to have a point of view. The writers back then knew how to craft a story without character assassinations to move the plot....

I loved Charlotte Ross as Eve too, but the character was gone from Salem for over 20 years. It's easier for me to accept that she has changed over the years.  Whenever there's a recast there's going to be some change to the character.  I like the work that KDP is doing.  In fact my biggest complaint is that she's being wasted on teenagers.  Pair her with Rafe or Justin.  Get her a job and out of that rinky dink apartment.. I am interested in her trying to drive Jennifer crazy. Just as long as Daniel doesn't jump to Jenn's rescue.

Didn't take long for Ben to decide to put that app on Abby's phone.  I wouldn't mind seeing Ben slowly turning more and more like Clyde.  We already know that Ben has a bad temper. And now he's falling under Clyde's negative influence.

• Love 5

Joey is JJ's cousin, plus, he is a teen in High School...I don't want Joey with Paige....

They're all teens. 17 in highschool, 18 in highschool isn't a big difference. Also being related to JJ is exactly why he's possibly with Paige. 

• Love 3
(edited)

If they wanted Paige to go to the dark side, how about putting her with one of Sonny's brothers...Shane would have a problem with  both of his daughter and grand-daughter being involved with Kiriakis men...If the show really wanted to go there, they can have Paige fall under the influence of a pimp, harking back to Eve's dark past as a teen prostitute...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Yikes. Haven't watched today's show yet but does Ben realize that putting a locator app on Abigail's phone is a total relationship killer? No one, not even Abigail, should put up with that shit. 

• Love 3

I found it very counterproductive and childish of Paige to rip of that check Eve gave her. It's bad enough she gave up her dream of going to Standford because of some short high school relationship. Don't be an idiot and give up that dream again just because you hate Eve. She could accept the money and still refuse to talk to her.

STFU Theresa. Who are you to call JJ trash when you're a gold digging coke head. It was pathetic and gross how she was gloating about how she's happy with her son considering she's using him in an attempt to force Brady to be with her.

So JJ seems to finally be taking a little responsibility for what he did but Eve is still trying to put all the blame on Jen. STFU you weirdo.

Chad gets more pathetic every episode. Why is he surprised that Abifail told Ben she loves him? Yes, it's a lie because she's incapable of love, but he knew how she pretended to feel about Ben before he screwed her. I guess he was dumb enough to think Abifail would have enough decency to break up with Ben. And btw, telling Abifail that EJ must have taught her some moves in bed only highlights the fact that he's pinning away for the girl who banged his engaged brother and begged to be his mistress. Not a good look. Also, I refuse to believe that Abifail is actually good in bed.

I hope Ben installed a free app on Abifail's phone and didn't actually pay for one. She's not worth a $1 app.

• Love 6
(edited)

Lastwaltz, I think that Ben is going to go to the dark side, and if Clyde is killed by one of the good people of Salem. That will definitely push him to the dark side. We need a young villain, instead of it always be Stefano or Victor. I think the actor can deliver as a darker Ben...Ben has changed his last name to Weston, he has a bad temper, the show has hinted that he  is not as squeaky clean as he pretends to be, plus Jordan is not here to counter Clyde's influence.  I think this might be the only story that Tomsell has done right on their way out the door..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Lastwaltz, I think that Ben is going to go to the dark side, and if Clyde is killed by one of the good people of Salem. That will definitely push him to the dark side. We need a young villain, instead of it always be Stefano or Victor. I think the actor can deliver as a darker Ben...

Now that I could be down with, and I may like him even a little as a dark (but not rootable!) character. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope he takes down Abigail down a peg or two..Rumor has it that Ben will be with Gabi...We will see how it all unfolds in the fall..Salem will look very different in the fall..We have 10 actors coming back in contract roles....I hope Jack, Philip and Sonny are a part of that...If the show truly loves the fans, Doctor Dan, Taniel , God, the genius doctor, a.k.a. Daniel Jonas will be vanquish, never to be mentioned again..Yes, Parker is Philip's son...

And the writers should never have given Theresa a child. It's way too soon and, as we've seen, adds nothing to her character. They should've hooked her up with JJ instead of bringing Paige to town. JL and CM actually have chemistry. I would have loved to have seen Abifail's and Jen's reactions...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

6/12/2015 Recap :)

Paige/Older Man/Rory/JJ

Paige is going through her phone deleting contacts at TBD when an older man approaches her and talks about her being on her cell phone. He hits on Paige and wants to buy her a drink. Paige says she's not 21 and the guy says he knows a place where it wouldn't be a problem. Paige says no thanks and rebuffs him and he calls her a stung bitch and walks away. Rory arrives and says it's hot she turned him down and likes the empowered woman thing going on and likes her attitude. Rory knows Paige didn't want him to bring it up. Paige asks Rory how many people he told and Rory said nobody and she asks him why not.

Rory says Paige wants him to tell and Paige says she doesn't care as she didn't do anything wrong. Paige says that JJ and Eve were really into each other and tells Rory to not hold back and says she's really pissed. Rory says it would be hard to put into 140 characters and Rory says she use to be nice and got on his nerves but he liked it now. Paige says being betrayed changes a person and leaves.

JJ arrives and he and Rory are talking about Summer and JJ is unresponsive and Rory calls him a Debbie Downer. Paige enters and the Older Man has her phone. Paige says there is no chance she's going out with him and JJ comes to the rescue and the guy leaves telling Paige to call him. Paige appreciates what he did and rescuing her from an uncomfortable situation. Paige says the older man is ss old as her father and hooking up with someone like that would be totally disgusting indicating about JJ and Eve's sex and Paige walks out.

Rory says if Paige slept with Jack would he like it and Rory says JJ needs to back off as Paige is really mad. Rory says Paige wants everyone to find out about Eve and JJ and wants Rory to spread it around which Rory says he's not going to do. Rory says when Paige is that mad she's scary.

Paige

Paige is in her room and is upset about Eve and JJ. She wants to hurt them as much as they hurt her. Paige says maybe she can make what happened today work for her and gets on her laptop.

Eve/Paige

Eve is reading about Laura Horton at the park. Eve talks about Jen breaking off engagement to Frankie cause Jen was afraid she would inherit Laura's illness. Eve says mental illness would scare the hell out of anyone. Eve is looking through and says it can't be the only article and says there has to be a way to find out. She turns around to see Paige. 

Paige asks what she's up to and Eve says nothing and Paige tells her to stop as she knows everything out of her mouth is a lie. Eve tries to talk but Paige tells her to shut up as she has one last thing to say and then they're done for good. Paige got the check to cover her tuition and Paige doesn't want Eve's money and rips up the check. Eve says it's too late to pay for financial aid and how is she going to pay and Abby says maybe she won't go. Eve said she worked hard against Jen and Paige says no as Eve relished in hurting Jen and that she's done with Eve. Paige says she's gonna block Eve's phone number, Eve says that her going back to JJ was Jen's idea. Paige says she slept with JJ and to forget the phone and for Eve to never call her again as they're done and Paige walks off. 

Eve says none of this would have happened if it wasn't for Jennifer. 

Jennifer/Brady/Pam/Theresa

Jennifer gets off the elevator and runs into Brady and they talk about Tate and Theresa and how Tate is almost ready to be released. Jen is sorry about Mel which Brady doesn't want to talk about much. Jen needs to get to the post office and mail gift to her mom and says her mom is doing well. 

Brady calls someone and says that Theresa will be at the hospital and wants someone to come to the hospital as he wants to stay one step ahead of Theresa. Lawyer arrives and asks if Theresa has arrived and Brady says no but he'll be ready for her. Theresa arrives at the hospital and the doctor tells Brady and Theresa that Tate is doing great. Theresa is nervous about bringing Tate home and Brady is glad they have time as they can get some things straight. 

Brady introduces Pam the notary as there are legal issues that need settling right here and now. They all walk into the break room where Theresa says she's not signing anything without her attorney. Brady says he was wrong for pressuring her into an agreement and says living arrangements and custody will be discussed tomorrow. Theresa wants to know about the notary which Brady says for the first year of Tate's life they will both remain in Salem and she won't have a problem with it since Mel is gone. Brady tells her to sign it. 

Theresa is on the phone asking someone if it's okay for her to sign the agreement. Theresa signs it as does Brady and the notary signs it as well. Brady wants Aiden and Theresa's attorney to have copies. Pam leaves. Theresa says she can be agreeable and how they're committed to being in Salem for a year and a new beginning for them. Brady says it is and not in the way Theresa thinks and he's put up with her interference and lies and it's going to change. (Last scene of the day)

JJ/Theresa/Jennifer

JJ says Theresa got the wrong address as free clinic is elsewhere. Theresa is looking for Paige and JJ says she's not there. Theresa says Paige hates him for doing the nasty with Eve. JJ wants Theresa to leave and Theresa says who the hell is he to stand over and judge her as he's in Hortonville and can't cover up the fact that he's trash and what he did to Paige is disgusting. Theresa says JJ doesn't get to treat her like scum anymore as he's the same lying loser and couldn't be happier that his life has blown up. JJ says she couldn't be doing that much better and Theresa says she is because she has Tate.

JJ says he feels sorry for Tate being kidnapped and having Theresa for a mother. Theresa says she's going to be a good mother and JJ says Theresa will have a drug dealer on speed dial. JJ says that Theresa is gonna use Tate to get what she wants and continues to bash her mothering skills and says how does it feel to have a baby with someone who hates her. Theresa says Brady isn't her biggest fan but Brady will turn around faster than Paige. She talks about seeing Paige and JJ wants to know what she said but Theresa says she gotta go get Tate. JJ calls her a bitch and Theresa says maybe so, but she's going to have a life while JJ has nothing and leaves. 

Jennifer arrives home and asks how he's doing and JJ says fine and is going to hang out with Rory. JJ asks about the present and Jen says it's for Laura. JJ says Laura is good and how she took care of them and Jen says it's not true as she's failed JJ across the board. JJ says he ended up lying to Paige and had nothing to do with Jen and Jen says she made JJ think that and JJ says it's him and he has to live with that. JJ says he's getting it through his head that he's lost Paige forever. 

JJ talks about getting Dan to talk to Paige but Dan turned him down. Jen apologizes and JJ says it's fine and there's no hope since Dan isn't going to back him up. He talks about Paige hating him more and Theresa said the same thing and talks about Theresa rubbing it in. Jen can't believe Theresa was at the house which JJ says it's all his fault because he did something stupid. Jen hugs JJ and says acceptance is the start of healing which JJ doesn't see happening and leaves telling Jen not to worry about him. 

Abby/Ben/Chad/Stefano

Ben is calling Abby checking on JJ and Abby says he's good and Ben says he wants her to be happy and says I love you and Abby reciprocates with Chad watching. Ben asks if he can see her later and Abby says yes and turns her head to see Chad and says she has to take care of something with Chad not looking happy. Ben says I love you again and Abby says it again and hangs up. Abby said she wouldn't have answered the phone, Chad apologizes for taking too long. Chad says she would make herself comfortable as she did the other night and another sex flashback. 

Abby says that it was a low blow and if Chad is upset. Chad says he doesn't have time and what does she want. Abby wants to talk about what happened. Chad says talk about the sex they had on the table, bed, and grass and Abby says stop and Chad says she wants to talk about it so does she want to have sex again right here and right now.

Ben is at The Pub looking at his phone and flashes back to Abby pulling away from his kiss. Ben calls Clyde and asks him about the app as he can't shake the feeling that something is going on with her.

Abby says she's not here to do it again and Abby said the sex was a mistake and won't happen again. Chad says fine with him as he got what he wanted. Chad says that what happened with her and EJ, Abby wanted him badly. Abby doesn't believe it and Chad says Abby found excuses to come looking for him alone and Chad explains some more and says that he said what he needed to get her in bed and calls her a lot more adventurous than the last time he had her in bed. Chad says Abby dumped him, had sex with EJ and had it written in a magazine and how humiliating it was for him. He returned the favor by humiliating her, but not going to tell mommy or her bumpkin boyfriend that Abby is still a slut and Abby slaps Chad.

Chad says why is she getting worked up because she was going to end it anyway and wasn't going to fall apart or beg her to stay with him. Abby asks him why he's being so cruel and Chad says because he's a DiMera, they're cruel. Abby scampers away. Stefano walks up behind Chad and asks him what the hell is he doing. 

Chad says he's doing something private and none of his business and told her the truth. Stefano says he's lying and that Chad loves Abby. Chad says love is overrated and how he's rich and powerful and why should he be tied down. Stefano says that Chad is only doing it to defy him. Chad says he's not going to let Stefano dictate his love life which Stefano denies and Chad says if Stefano wants him happy then why does he care that he dumps Abby and Chad walks off. 

Chad goes back in the living room and falls to his knees and flashes back to leaving the rose on the bed and says he does love Abby and never stopped. 

Ben/Abby

Abby hugs Ben at The Pub. Abby says she didn't mean to fall apart and Ben asks what's going on. Abby says JJ is miserable and his life is a mess. How JJ is reminding her of all the mistakes she's made and says what's wrong with her and Ben says nothing and it's part of being human and to learn and move on. Abby says she promises him it's all over, Abby phone rings and Ben says it could be JJ. Abby says it's phone company telling her about her bill. Ben says he seen her cousin Joey and Abby goes off to go and see him. Ben grabs Abby's phone. The app is taking long to load and Abby returns and calls Joey awesome and how she spoke to Caroline who called Ben sweet. Abby says Ben means a lot to her and how he's been so patient and kind. Ben says he isn't a saint. Abby says he's amazing and Caroline is right she's lucky to have him and kisses him. 

Eve/Jennifer
Eve and Jen run into each other in The Square. Jen calls Eve a disgusting pig and to not talk about JJ again and how JJ never wnats to see her again. Eve says JJ came back for more. Jen says if she ever hurts JJ again she promises that she'll destroy her and stomps off. Eve says JJ isn't the one she's after and calls Jen a sanctimonious bitch.

Jennifer is back at home talking to her mom about her birthday. Jen says she's fine and it's been a stressful day. Meanwhile Eve is back at the park and says she needs to know more about Laura's breakdown and how to do it. She says where there's a will there's a way. 

Look at Slappy not able to keep her damn hands to herself, slapping someone yet again. IDK if writers think it's cute when she does it because it's not. Only women who needs to be hitting is Sami and Kate because they throw punches. Jar Jar just hates when the truth is brought to her face that all she resorts to is slapping somebody. This Jar Jar overload is just too much, was she on all week?? OMG!!

Stephono get your creepy ass on somewhere and get off Chad's dick. Parents in Salem are so sickening. You know what Stephono if Jar Jar is needed that badly then you fuck her. Jar Jar will jump on your wet noodle dick, you already have the prerequisite of having DiMera as a last name. Now just gotta find a public spot to do it in, try Jacosta's office. 

Chad forever being a dramatic asshole falls to his knees like there's something medically wrong with him only to say I love you Abby. Well I guess saying that could cause the body to weaken and get the heart to almost stop. 

Where would we be without an episode of Dark Roast propping. JJ saying he knows it would be hopeless since Dark Roast wouldn't be backing him up. Oy. Yes, cause Dark Roast is just the answer to everything. SMDH. Writers might as well Dark Roast as finding the cure to cancer and Aids. 

I love Rory and he's being the voice of reason is almost borderline scary. Rory and Paige should so hook up and date. Rory brought up a valid point that JJ wouldn't like JJ sleeping with Jack if he was alive. 

Eve and Jacosta both just need to take a flying leap onto a bed of spikes.

Theresa needs to open her damn eyeballs and forget about Brady, he's so not worth it. If only she was with Chad. I would even like to see Theresa and T even though T doesn't fit Theresa's standards in what she looks for in a man but I think I would like to see her go in a direction of being with a man who doesn't have it all. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4

I enjoyed today's episode.

The Theresa and JJ exchange was fun -- both of them bounce off of each other really well. I don't like mopy JJ, but it's good that he's reflecting on what he did and realizing that he was wrong.

Eve on the other hand... I really enjoy KdP's acting, and if it was just about anyone else, I wouldn't be able to watch this.

I'm getting really bad vibes about that document that Theresa signed.

• Love 3

If the Notary and Brady had Theresa sign something under false pretenses the contract would be null and void. They told her it was for her and Brady to remain in Salem for 1 year. If anything more than what they represented it to be Brady would be in trouble. 

• Love 1

So parents in Salem are either super-invested in their children's love lives, or they are in their children's love lives? Eeeyack.

True O'Brien's doing better now that the writing actually giving her some substance to play, other than Goody Two-Shoes and the Plastic Tiara. I don't especially want to see Bent-on-Revenge Paige, though. Why have Paige, Suddenly Psycho, and Theresa all playing the same line?

• Love 4

Wow, only 15 mins in and:

Theresa, you're a mother now. It's usually a quite humbling experience. I like the character, so I hope they start dialing it back with her sometime soon. 

I'm in for a gaslight SL featuring Eve and Jennifer!

JJ, why does the hair stylist hate you today? 

• Love 4

Are they going to be bringing Jamie Lyn Bauer back on the show?  That would be great.

Loved JJ's line to Theresa about the free clinic being two blocks down.

When did Abigail ever hate Kristen?

Too bad Chad didn't mean all of that stuff he said to Abigail.  But it was nice to see her taken down a few dozen pegs. What the hell is going on with Stephano over Abigail?

Nice burn by Paige on JJ.

I kept expecting Eve to be wearing that coffee she was gulping in front of Jennifer. At least Eve has moved on from JJ obsessing to Laura obsessing.

"You'd better read that.  It could be your brother."  Uh, why does Ben care that Abigail reads texts from her brother, and why would they be important?

• Love 4
(edited)
Stephono get your creepy ass on somewhere and get off Chad's dick. Parents in Salem are so sickening. You know what Stephono if Jar Jar is needed that badly then you fuck her. Jar Jar will jump on your wet noodle dick, you already have the prerequisite of having DiMera as a last name. Now just gotta find a public spot to do it in, try Jacosta's office.

That's not the only prerequisite for Abifail.  She needs some kind of competition; a wife or fiance would be ideal, but a former paramour that the man in question has said is better in bed could work as well.  For that, I propose that Stefano and Kate get back together and after Kate finds out about their affair, she can kill them both.  

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 5

Could Chad please call Abigail a slut every day? That was glorious.

I think Stephano wants Abigail as the vessel for the continuation of the DiMera name.  Vomit, puke, spit on the ground, sign of the horns.

• Love 1

I'm replying to Sandman's post on Salem's parents and their children's lovelives - you said exactly what I was thinking as I watched the show (but I'm on an iPad....). Parents are either sleeping w/their kids' SO; advising their kids to sleep w/their SO; telling their kids to load creepy watcher apps on their SO's phones; or blaming their kids love life mistakes as a personal attack on them.

It's Freaky Friday and the parents and their kids have changed bodies but still have the same issues.

• Love 1