Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

How ironic! JJ and Eve have their latest confrontation in the privacy of her apartment only to have Paige be in the other room listening the whole time.

It would have gone so much better for them if they'd done that in the park... like everyone else does

Or Xander's hotel room. Sorry, (not sorry) just trying to get as many peeks in at the goods while I still can.

Nicole, quit talking to yourself or you're going to be carted away.

Omigod right???!! And I say this as someone who talks to herself but Nicole is having full-on conversations. Homegirl needs some friends, seriously.

Why should Will treat Sparkle with respect when Sparkle has spent months begging Sonny to dump him?

Because if Will truly loved Sonny then he would finally acknowledge that he is nowhere near good enough for him or for anyone and he would also encourage Sonny to dump him then pack his bags and move to LA to beg for his mother's forgiveness for being the stupidest little dipshit since a Sonny Corinthos offspring.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

I have to admit that a part of me LOVES that Nicole is constantly talking to herself because it does rather remind me of soap days of old.

It also makes me think of her like a Claremont era X-Men character except that she's speaking her inner monologue aloud. (Seriously, those books back in the day were just FULL of thought balloons.)

And it consistently amuses me which is more than I can say for the rest of the show.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have to admit that a part of me LOVES that Nicole is constantly talking to herself because it does rather remind me of soap days of old.

It also makes me think of her like a Claremont era X-Men character except that she's speaking her inner monologue aloud. (Seriously, those books back in the day were just FULL of thought balloons.)

And it consistently amuses me which is more than I can say for the rest of the show.

I can understand that. Unfortunately for me it reminds me of how they would give Naomi Campbell the ugliest clothes because they knew she could pull off anything. AZ is so phenomenal and could sell swamp water to Nestle (I wish she would frankly) and it drives me nuts that they misuse that talent by constantly shoving her in storylines with banal, sanctimonious losers who are too boring to pep up their own.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4

Why should Will treat Sparkle with respect when Sparkle has spent months begging Sonny to dump him?

I don't think that's exactly true.  Sparkle hasn't withheld from Sonny that he still has feelings for him, but he's at least said he respected Sonny's wishes and backed off when Sonny asked him to. 

As opposed to Poor Pitiful Me Sneasel who looked and sounded crazier than ever today.

Sonny's sent Paul some mixed messages, IMO, but Will's insecurity isn't Sonny's responsibility.  Will's the one who cheated and he constantly acts like Sonny has done something wrong because Paul is still breathing.  If Will weren't so damned insecure it wouldn't matter if Paul is around. 

Of course the plot was totally contrived, but I didn't see anything particularly inappropriate in Paul watching the kid for 2 minutes. 

• Love 3

It would have been cool to see Sonny be the one to screw up, and for Will to struggle with forgiving Sonny while secretly plotting to destroy Sparkle. Will could have even outed Sparkle ruining his career...They could have taken Will down the dark side in a way that made sense to his history on the show..Will could have become more and more unhinged , thinking that Sparkle was trying to destroy his family,culminating in him trying to kill Sparkle like he did with Ej all those years ago....EJ was a threat to his perfect family years ago, when Lumi finally got together to the utter delight of Will...In a fugue state Will, would shoot Sparkle  and he would be in a coma. A guilt-ridden Sonny would take the blame for Will just like Lucas did for him with EJ. Will would have no recollection of trying to kill Sparkle...Will would finally remember the truth in a dramatic fashion at Sonny's Attempted murder trial, confessing his role in the crime...Will would be institutionalized, meanwhile Sparkle wakes up vowing revenge on Wilson...

so if you can imagine this scenario with Will, why is his cheating so OOC?  

In this case he got off easy with just the cheating.

Because if Will truly loved Sonny then he would finally acknowledge that he is nowhere near good enough for him or for anyone and he would also encourage Sonny to dump him then pack his bags and move to LA to beg for his mother's forgiveness for being the stupidest little dipshit since a Sonny Corinthos offspring.

Gawd, he DOES have a certain resemblance to Morgan, doesn't he??

• Love 1

Boes, I don't think either Will or Sonny are the type to cheat. Since the show was determined to make them cheaters. It would have made sense to have Sonny be the cheater because the show laid the foundation to have Sonny cheat with Sparkle and at the last minute to give us a shocking twist..They had  Will do it, forgetting to change the scripts to reflect that..Instead you have Will the cheater acting like he was the wronged party and blaming Sonny and Sparkle for his mistakes..It has made Will a hateful person and Ken Corday is determined to make Will and Theresa the new Sami..  Will and Theresa are not Sami. They should be treated as individuals with their own qualities, faults and history...They should be developed as characters on their own right, instead of pale imitations of Sami. Sami's villainy took time to develop and it was a series of things that led her to the dark side.. Plus, she was more entertaining and sympathetic..What does Will have to be so angry and hateful..He had a husband who loved him and his daughter and would do anything for them. He threw that all away for what exactly....The show has yet to articulate his reasons for cheating and that is why the storyline has been poorly conceived, written and acted. The show has yet to tell me why is Theresa so angry and resentful of Kim and Shane...When did she become a party girl, was she sexually abused, was she neglected by Kim and Shane...Does she get along with her Brother Andrew? Why is she always a bitch to everybody....Give me something to explain her motivations in life...I still don't know who Theresa Jeannie Donovan after all this time..I knew who Sami was and what made her tick....Why she did the hateful things that she did....

• Love 3

Boes, I don't think either Will or Sonny are the type to cheat. Since the show was determined to make them cheaters. It would have made sense to have Sonny be the cheater because the show laid the foundation to have Sonny cheat with Sparkle and at the last minute to give us a shocking twist..They had  Will do it, forgetting to change the scripts to reflect that..Instead you have Will the cheater acting like he was the wronged party and blaming Sonny and Sparkle for his mistakes..It has made Will a hateful person and Ken Corday is determined to make Will and Theresa the new Sami..  Will and Theresa are not Sami. They should be treated as individuals with their own qualities, faults and history...They should be developed as characters on their own right, instead of pale imitations of Sami. Sami's villainy took time to develop and it was a series of things that led her to the dark side.. Plus, she was more entertaining and sympathetic..What does Will have to be so angry and hateful..He had a husband who loved him and his daughter and would do anything for them. He threw that all away for what exactly....The show has yet to articulate his reasons for cheating and that is why the storyline has been poorly conceived, written and acted. The show has yet to tell me why is Theresa so angry and resentful of Kim and Shane...When did she become a party girl, was she sexually abused, was she neglected by Kim and Shane...Does she get along with her Brother Andrew? Why is she always a bitch to everybody....Give me something to explain her motivations in life...I still don't know who Theresa Jeannie Donovan after all this time..I knew who Sami was and what made her tick....Why she did the hateful things that she did....

Great explanation.  I see what you're getting at.  I don't necessarily agree with you about Will but I do about Theresa.  Her motivations, beyond her drug use, are murky, especially since she doesn't seem to be an addict.

I can see Will cheating, though, because I see him as such a desperate guy.  Desperate for approval, desperate for validation, willing to violate his famlial bonds, so violating his marriage vows don't seem that big of a stretch.  And then acting nuts and laying the blame elsewhere, I can see that.

But I also see what you mean.  Thanks!

• Love 3
(edited)

I see what you are getting at about Will, but I don't think Will written in character would have sold out Kate and Sami like that by writing an expose like that...What was the motivation of doing something that despicable. The show gave us a lame response, by saying that he was teaching Sami a lesson. They started the character assassination of Will last August,and it has gotten worst ever since then....I always expected Will to eventually have some his parents' flaws as he grew up, but I didn't expect him to be an asshole....I REALLY don't like the way they had Will address the John/Marlena affair. For Will, John was always grandpa John and never just the man who ruined Roman/Marlena's marriage. Will even used try to help his mom get over her issues with the affair. John and Marlena were never a cheap and tawdry affair, it was so complex and he debased Marlena by saying those awful things to Sparkle....Tomsell just ruins every relationship on this show, I love the Marlena/Will bond and it has been sullied by their poison pens...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

Will also had a very close bond with Kate so Will stabbing both Kate and Sami in the back does not make sense.

Will and Theresa are just the latest characters to get the triple whammy of Corday and TomSell.  Character continuity, history, and motivation be damned.  Character A needs to do this to Character B in order for the SL to get to this point.  If in the process, the fans end up going "Huh?" that is all their fault for not understanding our genius. {Rolls Eyes}

I would fanwank that Nicole is talking to herself because everyone else in Salem is an idiot, but Nicole actually cares about Eric and Dan even though they treat her like dirt, so Nicole is an idiot to.

Aside from the WTF factor of all these cheating SLs, I also dislike the biased way they are written.  EJ cheated on both Nicole and Sami, but by the time the SLs were over, they tried to make Nicole and Sami out to be the bad guys.  EJ never ends up alone like Nicole and Sami either.

Rafe was cheating on Sami with Carrie, when Sami cheated with EJ, but Sami got all the blame for their divorce.  Rafe continued to lie to Sami when they were trying to get back together, however, their relationship not working out is Sami's fault.  Rafe cheated on Jordan, and that was Kate's fault.

Since EJ lied to Sami about Kristen drugging and raping Eric, why couldn't Sami be the one who cheated?  Why couldn't Sami have not forgiven EJ, but dumped him without a backward glance the way Sami has been abandoned so many times?  Why is it always Sami or Nicole or some other woman who has to do the understanding and forgiving while the guy gets a free pass?

Theresa was violated by Kristen and had her baby stolen, but the writers are already lining up Theresa to be the bad guy when it comes to to stupid to live caveman Brady.

By the time the JJ/Paige/Eve SL has played out, I'm expecting all the blame to fall on Eve, and Paige will be apologizing to JJ for not being more understanding.  {face palm}

Lucas, who like Sami was never a cheater until the writers decided to ruin that character trait, is now cheating with Adrienne who has made no move to divorce a cheating Justin.

Justin could have talked to Sonny about his marriage to Will without being a Sparkle cheerleader.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6
I can see Will cheating, though, because I see him as such a desperate guy.  Desperate for approval, desperate for validation, willing to violate his famlial bonds, so violating his marriage vows don't seem that big of a stretch.  And then acting nuts and laying the blame elsewhere, I can see that.

It's not completely unbelievable to me that Will would cheat because he's insecure, has low self esteem, etc, but the show didn't set it up like that. From my point of view Sparkle said a few nice things to Will and then the next thing I know they're having sex. Things went from 0 to 100 in about two minutes. I've seen cheating stories like this play out before and usually it takes weeks or months before someone ends up cheating. Will and Sparkle only had like two or three interview sessions before they ended up in bed.

So for me I still don't know why Will cheated. Because reasons? I've seen people here say it was because he wanted to further his journalism career but that doesn't make sense to me. Sparkle was already opening up to Will so he could have gotten the story without having sex with him.

• Love 5
(edited)

So for me I still don't know why Will cheated. Because reasons? I've seen people here say it was because he wanted to further his journalism career but that doesn't make sense to me. Sparkle was already opening up to Will so he could have gotten the story without having sex with him.

I figure it was pretty stupid of them to marry Will up to his first boyfriend anyways. I mean he came out of the closet what... 2 years ago? Next thing you know he's married? The dude had never slept with anyone else but Sonny. What ever happened to sowing your wild oats? Frankly I'd rather watch him sow them if CM was playing him especially if CD was playing Chad. Gah! I've got to let that go, I just can't. The ship that never sailed. Days is so damn good at breaking my spirit.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

I figure it was pretty stupid of them to marry Will up to his first boyfriend anyways. I mean he came out of the closet what... 2 years ago? Next thing you know he's married? The dude had never slept with anyone else but Sonny. What ever happened to sowing your wild oats? Frankly I'd rather watch him sow them if CM was playing him especially if CD was playing Chad. Gah! I've got to let that go, I just can't. The ship that never sailed. Days is so damn good at breaking my spirit.

I wasn't a fan of them getting married so soon either, but it happened, and they eventually grew on me. In addition to being poorly written, I think it was stupid for them to give them a cheating story after less than a year of marriage, especially since they spent most of their relationship dealing with Nick. They didn't really get much time to just exist as a happy couple. They remind me of Lucas and Sami, actually. They finally managed to get married and then right away they had to deal with that stupid Dimera vs Brady vendetta crap.

• Love 5

I think Will is weird, but I don't really find Paul likable by default either. He doesn't telegraph his crazy the way Will does, but I find there's something suspect about him in the way I find Abigail kind of suspect. 

• Love 2

If they had had Will and Chad get together back when CM and CD played the characters, and then Sonny had come to Salem, I would have been all over that triangle.

Exactly..They had so much chemistry.together..I wanted them to go from rivals for Mia to secret lovers. The show never went there..I was so disappointed...

I finally got to finish today's show and I think it was, overall, a pretty good episode.  There was a lot of good acting - or, at least, "energetic" acting and - THANK DOG! - a promise of the JJ/Eve reveal to come in quick order.

I may have fallen out of like with JJ (I hope that's temporary), but I sure did enjoy Casey Moss' acting today.  He was such a smarmy, deluded triumphant little dick and he played that so very well.  I think KdP is a powerhouse to begin with and I enjoyed her a lot today too.  But what I really enjoyed were the two of them together.  Their "relationship" never made any sense, but as enemies, they work and they work well.

Best of all, JJ left Eve's today thinking he has the upper hand.  I hope he enjoys the feeling, because it's not going to last much longer than his walk home.  

Let the games begin!

Maggie just needs to walk in front of a pizza truck.  And have the truck back up once she's down.  Her condescending sniff at Nicole about not hurting her aged baby butthole was bad enough, but later, at Jenn's, she was even more insufferable.  When Jenn was talking about Eve, expressing some vague regret, Maggie says "Oh honey, that woman has held a grudge for 20 years" in her usual supercilious, holier-than-thou squeak.  Just leave off that Jenn has also held that grudge for Eve for 20 years, Maggie seems to have a whole file-full of grudges and judgements that she cherishes more than those enormous hair rollers she's saved from her youth in the Pleistocene era.  Somebody pour a bucket of water on this hag and lets watch her dissolve.

Not to be outdone, we have Eric dressed in his favorite Smuggies outfit, having a helluva time feeling superior to Nicole.  He says to her, "Ever had a smart fight"?, and instead of socking him in rosary pocket, she takes his snark, as usual.  Hell yeah, Eric, Nicole has had a "smart" fight or two or three, almost all of them on his behalf.  I so hope he leaves for Hawaii with Serena, though just imagine his SHOCK when he finds out people actually wear only bathing suits and not cassocks and wimples at the beach.  Go, Eric, GO.

Yeah, more elephant, more Serena, more Xander.  FF time.  I no longer care about Xander since he's been established as an abusive jerk, and I sure as hell don't care about the elephant or Serena anymore.  One thing, though - Eric says the elephant isn't worth anything, it's just a trinket, a piece of junk and in the next breath he says they are unique to a tiny village in the furthest reaches of the Congo.  Which I would think makes it MORE than just a trinket.

Of course we've all seen them on the sale shelf at Cost Plus or the gift department in any resale shop, but which is it, Show?  No, wait, don't tell me if it will drag this story out any longer.

And then we have Sneasel bringing out his inner weasel and Sparkle having his smile turn into a frown upside down.  I have to say that I think Guy Wilson must be having the time of his life playing Will these days.  The actors always say how much more fun it is to play "bad" which must mean that GW is in 7th Heaven because Will is an absolute weasel sneak sneasel.  

He trashes his grandmother, he trashes John, he then trashes Paul's mother and then he falls down like Aunt PittyPat with the Yankees in GEORGIA OHHHHH MY!! when Sparkle clocks him.  Sonny runs in and instead of just stealing Sneasel's wallet and leaving the apartment, he kicks Sparkle out and then covers his love Sneasel in frozen peas.  Which not only says love, is also apparently an aphrodisiac.  Will is SUCH a lying little piece of mulch.

I would think the only aphrodisiac that would work on a Sneasel would be fresh cabbage leaves, or possibly eating their own young, but it looks like Sonny is in for Sneasel best 5 Minutes to Heaven treatment.  

Get out the chapstick.  And there's poor Sparkle, sitting on a park bench with nothin and nobody.  With any luck his new Daddy will stop by and the ruination of his day will be complete.

Poor Sonny, stuck with these two.  I know it's just a fantasy, but I think Show could end all this by taking a tip from RoadRunner and have a piano fall out of nowhere and flatten Sparkle and Sneasel and let Sonny be the handsomest widower on the prowl in Salem.  

Hey, Rafe hasn't had any in quite a while, and as long as he doesn't speak, it's all good with him.....Such possibilities.....

• Love 6

If they had had Will and Chad get together back when CM and CD played the characters, and then Sonny had come to Salem, I would have been all over that triangle.

Exactly..They had so much chemistry.together..I wanted them to go from rivals for Mia to secret lovers. The show never went there..I was so disappointed...

Totally unrelated to anything, but man, Ari was having such a great time with Paul before Will came in. All smiling and stuffed animal flinging- they were adorable. I wish the show didn't keep putting that child down for a nap, she sleeps like an infant according to DOOL.

• Love 4

Ari is the princess of Salem..She brings out the best in everybody....I hope her birthday party this year is better than last year's...

When exactly is Ari's birthday supposed to air? So much talk of Paige's birthday these last two weeks.

Casey Moss is very good.  He gets a shine in his eyes which I don't see very often in soap actors anymore (AZ gets a similar look when they allow her to play smart and angry).  I really enjoyed him and KdP today and am strangely anticipating the reveal and aftermath.

I have no trouble disliking both Sparkle AND Will.  

Me, either.  But Paul is less obnoxious to me at the moment for completely shallow reasons.  Christopher Sean is so gorgeous, while GW is, well, GW. 

• Love 4

I can understand that. Unfortunately for me it reminds me of how they would give Naomi Campbell the ugliest clothes because they knew she could pull off anything. AZ is so phenomenal and could sell swamp water to Nestle (I wish she would frankly) and it drives me nuts that they misuse that talent by constantly shoving her in storylines with banal, sanctimonious losers who are too boring to pep up their own.

I think the reason Nicole talks to herself is that there are no other actors in this story anywhere near AZ's level. If she was talking to someone else, they couldn't keep up!

• Love 8

Will's cheating makes sense to me if I see it as another in a series of really bad, impulsive or poorly thought out choices. Shooting EJ, going to work for the Dimeras, trying to sex the gay away with Gabi. Will is insecure and self centered, because everyone in his life (from his parents, to Kate, to Sonny*) has coddled him and treated him like a child. They've shielded him from the consequences of his actions all of his life. It's no surprise that he makes terrible choices, because he hasn't been allowed to fail on his own to really learn from them (well, to be fair, no one in Salem actually learns from their mistakes, but at least they're aware of them!). If Will would just come clean with that and start to take ownership of his own life, that'd be great.

*Sonny by default, but the others established the precedent and Will didn't know any other way by the time he met Sonny. By then, he fully expected people to clean up his messes and accept his screw ups. That's why I'm not surprised that he's not working on his marriage--he's never had to make amends or work for forgiveness, it was always granted w/out his asking. This being held accountable thing is new territory. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Holy crap but TOB and KDP delivered big--Paige's reaction to finding out about her mom and JJ was so perfectly done and Eve's pain at her daughter learning the truth was gorgeously played.  This smart and no holds-barred Paige can definitely stay because she is a damn interesting character.

And I keep coming back to KM having to have MR there when AS's Sami goes to confront Abby.  KM should be ashamed that another actress was needed to create drama when CM and TOB who are both younger then she is didn't need any assists.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 12
(edited)

They had better not hold off on Paige delivering the smack down. I want it tomorrow... not Friday! I mean... FINALLY! I don't know if it makes the story as a whole worth it but at least now it's delivering some major entertainment factor.

Also, why the hell is Jen throwing Paige a birthday party? Presumptive much? Although it's going to be the Worst. Party. Ever. so that's a bonus.

Hee hee!!

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 6
(edited)

Wow! True blew me away..I was riveted by her.....Brava! Kassie was wonderful as always.....It is time for Andrew and Shane to come back and be there for Paige, Eve and Theresa....I would love to see their take on everything...Poor Nicole, she needs a friend..I am tired of her talking to herself..It is truly sad...Damn! Xander is turning out to be a dangerous asshole and he is being thrown under the bus for Daniel...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Damn, True O'Brien brought it today! That was amazing!

The anvils are truly dropping all around JJ right now. I can't WAIT for this party to get going.

• Love 7

The JJ/Eve reveal sounds ah-mazing

KDP sounds like she brings it and than some. Waiting to see if the internet is a lie or if True really did bring it. Come on 5 PM. 

Elephant story is dead to me. Xander - dead to me! and I hate the show and Daniel with the fire of a thousand suns. From a recap:

Xander gave the woman who was in on the elephant scheme (not Serena) photos of Nicole & Daniel saying he wanted them followed. Told her that the man is not to be touched but the woman is another story. Said it would be okay if she disappeared.

Dear Tomsell and Corday:

1339426725154_9146065.png

I will never like, root for or care about Daniel. In fact, I loathe, despise and revile him more now than ever before. Stop trying to make him happen. He will never happen. I don't care how many 'evil' characters you bring on the show in order to make him look good. You could draw a pentagram in the Salem square, raise the devil himself, have him repossess Marlena and that still wouldn't make my ass root for Daniel over beelzebub. Just stop. Stawp. 

• Love 5
(edited)

They remind me of Lucas and Sami, actually. They finally managed to get married and then right away they had to deal with that stupid Dimera vs Brady vendetta crap.

I hated what happened to Lucas and Sami because of EJ.  Since Ken Corday hated Ejami so much, he should have kept Lumi together.  Instead he destroyed Lumi so Sami, Lucas, and EJ could end up with other people.  Then he ruined Safe and Ejole just so he could have EJ destroy Sami's life again.

This is what should have happened.  Allie and Johnny should both have been Lucas' children.  Lucas gets out of jail, returns to Sami, and they make love all night.  EJ finally realizes Sami loves Lucas and always will.  He gets together with Nicole.  Both Sami and Nicole are pregnant.  Sami has Sydney and she is Lucas' daughter.  Nicole believes she lost her child, but that's not true.  Kate and Stefano are married by this time. 

Sami is worried when Nicole is around all of her children, but slowly Sami and Nicole become friends.  When Sami is talking to Nicole about the baby Nicole lost, Sami realizes something doesn't add up.  Sami starts investigating.  Nicole finds out and is angry, but then realizes Sami is right.  Kate also gets involved.  The three of them get into trouble with the baby stealers, and EJ/Lucas/Stefano have to work together to find them.  However, by the time they do Sami/Kate/Nicole have saved themselves because it's Sami, Kate, and Nicole.

Finally, I get to enjoy Paige.  I don't like what the writers did to JJ, but Casey Moss is an excellent actor.

Still not caring about the elephants, the diamonds or Serena.  Dan can exit stage left with them and won't be missed.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

Maggie just needs to walk in front of a pizza truck.  And have the truck back up once she's down.

Can we make it an ice cream truck? 'Cuz free ice cream!

• Love 4

KDP sounds like she brings it and than some. Waiting to see if the internet is a lie or if True really did bring it. Come on 5 PM. 

Elephant story is dead to me. Xander - dead to me! and I hate the show and Daniel with the fire of a thousand suns. From a recap:

Dear Tomsell and Corday:

I will never like, root for or care about Daniel. In fact, I loathe, despise and revile him more now than ever before. Stop trying to make him happen. He will never happen. I don't care how many 'evil' characters you bring on the show in order to make him look good. You could draw a pentagram in the Salem square, raise the devil himself, have him repossess Marlena and that still wouldn't make my ass root for Daniel over beelzebub. Just stop. Stawp. 

Slow, Continuous, EVERMORE Hand Clap.  Because it's true.

And because you said it so well.

Unless Show makes him an organ donor - he be alive while they rip out his withered parts for transplanting into crustaceans for all I care - then he is just one more iteration of that Soap Opera Male Type we've seen infect every single show these last 15 years.

I hate him ALMOST as much as I depised Ryan Lavery.  And that's a LOT.

• Love 4
(edited)

Dear Tomsell and Corday:

I feel like they have done that. How else do you explain Abigail? Damn these stupid people!! Should have known those babykillers wouldn't let Nicole have a guy who wanted her even for a second. TomSell is it? Pound snow, mooks!

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1
(edited)

5/20/2015 Recap :)

Eve/Paige

We start with Paige being in the doorway at Eve's house which actually the doorway to a room and not the front door. Paige says she's been in the house the whole time as she brought some things back from the dorm. Paige sees that Eve didn't change her room and Eve says she wouldn't touch her things without asking Paige first. Paige says she has to get to JJ's house and Eve tells her to have fun. Paige is about to leave and ask if someone was here as she heard voices and Eve says no but Paige says she heard her. 

Eve thought Paige was sleeping and Paige said the voices woke her up and knows it was a man's voice and Eve said it was the t.v. and Paige says it was someone in the apartment. Eve says it was the delivery guy who got the wrong address. Paige says the voice wasn't a random delivery guy and Paige knows that it was JJ's voice. Eve says that maybe the delivery guy sounds like JJ which Paige doesn't believe and wants to know what her and Eve were fighting about as she heard Cole's name. Paige says she's done with liars and Eve said she should be and asks her what Paige thinks Cole did. Paige says what does Eve think Cole did but Eve says she doesn't know.  

Paige sees the gift on the table and says if it's for her and Eve gives it to her which Paige thinks is a blouse and Eve says she got something Paige would like. Paige says Eve knows what she likes and Eve wants her to open it and Paige says Eve spoils her and Eve says that Paige deserves every good thing that she could give her. Paige snatches her in a hug and says she knows what she did and knows she slept with JJ. Eve pulls away from Paige. 

Paige says she's good at lying and why she's surprised and Eve says Paige doesn't know what she heard and having a bad dream. They yell until Eve tells her to stop and how she can explain and wants Paige to listen. Eve says she should have told Paige and that JJ was here and they fought and Eve says she's trying to tolerate JJ and that Paige was having a nightmare about her and JJ sleeping together and that she wouldn't do anything like that. Paige asks Eve if she loves her and if she ever loved her which Paige says if she did she would stop lying right now as she heard every word Eve and JJ said and Paige said it's Eve's last chance. Eve says she loves Paige with all her heart and soul and confirms that she slept with JJ. 

Paige cries and says it all makes sense now and Eve says it doesn't as they both hated it. Paige pieces it all together and the weirdness between JJ and Eve and how Roxanne wasn't JJ's secret girlfriend as Eve was. Paige calls her a lying disgusting slut and Eve calls it a mistake and Paige says she slept with JJ over and over and Eve says she deserves this and they yell back and forth and Paige says she's tired of making excuses for Eve. Eve says she's lucky to have Paige and Paige talks about Eve's past and how she's made excuses for Eve and tired of holding Eve's hand and sucking air out of every room she's in. Paige says JJ was hers first and she loved JJ and why Eve couldn't leave them alone and how Eve destroyed her and JJ and Paige slaps Eve. 

Eve tries to apologize but Paige doesn't care as the only thing she wants to hear is how could she do this to her. Eve doesn't know and Paige says that answer sounds exactly right, the answer is so Eve and she doesn't give a damn as Eve isn't her mother anymore and Paige storms out leaving Eve crying. Eve shuts the door and says some things to herself and picks up the gift she brought for Paige and hugs it and bawls some more. She opens the car she gave to Paige and then looks at a photo of her and Paige that she hugs and cries some more.

Lucas/Adrienne

Lucas is in his hotel room and flashes back to being in bed with Adrienne which puts a smile on his face. He sits on the bed and texts her.

Lucas is on the phone and can't wait to see Kate's face when she learns that all the top retailers dropped Mad World. There's a knock at the door and it's Adrienne. Lucas invites her in, wraps her call and says good to see Adrienne which Adrienne kisses him and tells him that she misses him and they kiss some more.

After sexing each other up they briefly chat about Kate and then them and then Lucas has to ask what does it mean what's going on between them. Adrienne says she doesn't know what it is but she's here and Lucas says good. Adrienne says unless Lucas wants to keep it a secret but Lucas says he doesn't. Adrienne wonders how people will take it which Lucas doesn't know and won't care and people may think it's a joke. Adrienne asks if he thinks she's a joke and Lucas says yes because he can't get enough of Adrienne's smile.

Adrienne/Justin

Adrienne at Vic's house receives the text that says 'I miss you' and she responds 'I'm sorry' and hears Justin on the phone in the living room saying I miss you to someone and Justin sees her and immediately tells the person to fax over documents. He hangs up and tells Adrienne he thought she was gone and Adrienne says her appointment was canceled and asks how Elsa is. Justin says for a week she hasn't said anything to him and now wants to speak and thinks Adrienne wants nothing to do with him because she's sleeping with someone else and sleeping in another room. Adrienne asks about Elsa and Justin says she's far away. Justin says he's here and she's throwing Lucas in his face. Adrienne says she hasn't spoken to Lucas ever since he caught them in the hotel and says that she's been here and asks him where in the world is Justin.

She asks why is he here because he doesn't want her anymore and Justin says it's his home and Adrienne says it's Vic's home and Justin says it's his family and how Sonny needs support. Adrienne doesn't call it support since he wants Will away from Sonny and Adrienne calls it hypocrisy which Justin says she's a hypocrite too. Adrienne says she's been here and Justin giving her texts about missing her and blah blah yet cheated on her. Justin asks how long she's been looking at Lucas before giving in and Adrienne says he's not gonna do that and she's not feeling guilty about being with Lucas and Justin can't play wounded husband. Justin hates how they sound and Adrienne agrees and Justin said he started it which Adrienne thanks him for making it easier and leaves and Justin says welcome. 

Justin is at the Square on the phone and he's headed back to Dubai on the first flight out.

Xander/Nicole/Lou

Nicole asks Xander what he's doing here and Xander says he's gonna ask her the same thing. Xander thought Nicole was done with Dan but she's at his doorstep and asks if she's sure and Nicole asks if Xander thinks she's a stalker and Xander says why don't she tell him. Nicole asks why he's being like this which Xander says he's confused, Nicole says she left something in Dan's house and needs to get it and asks why he's here. Xander says he's waiting on Dan and Nicole says he's in surgery. Xander says he doesn't want to keep things discrete and wanna be open with everyone. They hear the elevator and Xander says that could be Dan.

Lou gets off the elevator and Nicole says it's late and she'll come back another time and Lou walks off. Xander says that she doesn't have to work and Nicole says she does and Xander says she doesn't want to face the music and Nicole says her business is none of Xander's or Dan's business and she leaves. 

Nicole is at work and Xander walks in her office which Nicole wants to know why he's here. Xander apologizes for being a jerk and he saw her at Dan's door and thought she didn't give up on Dan. Nicole says she's done with Dan and she's not bitter and tired of it and needs to look forward and Xander says it's his favorite direction and they can move forward together and invites Nicole to dinner. Xander say it can be any way she want and Nicole says she has expensive taste and Xander leaves and has a pissed look on his face.

Nicole talks to herself about getting info on Xander and her phone rings and it's a voice mail from Dan.

Xander is at the park still looking pissed and he takes out his phone and calls someone and wants to see them now as it can't wait.

Nicole is on the phone (not talking to anyone I think she's just listening to the voice mail from Dan) she talks to herself and says how she feel she'll lose Dan if she doesn't get evidence and says that she'll tell him as they have to have trust and daydreams about her telling Dan which is a good daydream that ends with them kissing. In real time Nicole says it can happen like that and that she should tell Dan.

Nicole talks to herself again and says she'll finish up her work and then will go see Dan as she can trust him to help her and she'll blow off the dinner with Xander.

Xander meets with that woman who Serena ran into regarding the diamonds (forgot her name I wanna say Yvonne but I know that's not it lol) and gives the girl a photo of Dan and Nicole and says that if Nicole is anywhere near Dan to contact him and if Nicole was to disappear without a trace, so be it. 

Jennifer/JJ/Abby/Maggie/Rory/Daphne/Kayla/Dan/Paige

They're prepping for the party and they talk about people arriving and Abby asks about Eve which JJ flashes back to his last conversation with Eve. Jen says that Eve is gonna behave and JJ thinks that she won't be showing up. JJ says that something may have come up and Eve won't be at the party which Maggie makes a small dig and Abby says Maggie can't believe what she said. JJ says he has some news and Maggie tells him to hold the news as she has to finish the cake and her and Abby leave. Jen asks JJ about his new phone and why he has one which JJ says it's complicated and Jen thinks it's about Eve not coming to the party and JJ says Eve won't be a problem again. 

Jen wants to know what JJ is up to which JJ says he'll explain after the party. Maggie and Abby come back in the living room and JJ announces being accepted to college in Cali and how he wants to leave ASAP. JJ says he owes Abby because she had his back and Abby thinks him moving has to do with Eve and JJ says it's about Paige and him which Abby and JJ hug. The doorbell rings and Daphne and Rory are there bearing gifts and Daphne wants to know that they didn't come together.

Daphne says she's there for Paige and JJ says so is he. JJ tells everyone about apartment shopping with Paige. Daphne tells JJ that Paige is gonna be busy with studying and Rory calls JJ supportive and sensitive. Doorbell rings Jen answers it and it's Kayla with a gift. Jen introduces Daphne and Kayla. Rory pulls JJ aside and asks JJ if he neutralized the bitch that tried messing with him which JJ confirms.

Dan arrives. JJ thanks Kayla for being good with Paige and Kayla says that JJ overcome so many things and takes responsibility for things he's done and JJ says he has a long way to go and goes off to speak with Dan and wants to talk to him alone. They go in the hall and tells Dan he's not going to hurt Paige. Dan wonders if he's gonna keep the secret and that it won't go away and that JJ has to get it out but JJ says that confessing to Paige will only hurt her and them and that he's never gonna tell Paige the truth.

Everyone is laughing and Maggie says they should hide and yell surprise which Rory says seriously, not keen on the idea, but Abby says it's a good idea. Paige knocks on the door and everyone yells surprise and Paige doesn't look all that happy. 

Dan/Kayla/Lou

They're at the hospital and Kayla approaches Dan and says something that I didn't catch (was a 10 second scene). 

Dan arrives home and Lou runs into Dan and tells him Nicole needed to get in the apartment but had to leave which Dan said "I bet she does."

--------------------------------

Oh Suddenly Southern just floundering in excuse after excuse after excuse. It was just embarrassing to watch lol. 

JJ continues to be a douche. Sad when Dark Roast is the voice of reason. 

Nicole really needs to buy a parakeet or get a friend.

I'm glad Rory questioned hiding and yelling out surprise. Since it came from Naggie I would question it to. 

Adrienne and Lucas continue to be disgusting and so is Justin.

Why would the retailers drop Mad World, is it because of Kate? Think Vic would be one of the last people you wanna piss off and not use his company products on their shelves. This might end up costing Kate her job if she doesn't fix it. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

First time checking in here!

I was a longtime Passions viewer, and started watching Days since January.

I started out only following the Theresa/Brady/Melanie storyline. Even though I hated his character, Eric Martsolf was one of my favorite actors from Passions, so I immediately took interest in his role. Can I just say, Brady reminds me so much of Ethan Winthrop, and not just because they're both so dumb beyond belief. Of course, Ethan was also played by Eric Martsolf. I thought it was also funny that Eric Martsolf was paired with another female named Theresa, after saying that name ad naseum for six years while on Passions. I also actually found DOOL's Theresa to be somewhat similar to Passions's Theresa -- they're both town pariahs, and they both lied to Brady/Ethan quite a lot. Similarly, I found the whole debacle with Theresa hitting Brady's father to be similar to when Theresa hit Ivy in Passions -- also with a firepoker. Anne reminds me of a way cooler version of Whitney. Maybe I'm overemphasizing some things, but these things stood out to me.

There are a few more similarities, but I digress. Recently, I took some interest in the JJ/Paige/Eve/Jennifer situation. I find the whole Eve/JJ affair ridiculously messed up and disgusting, but at the same time, it's so hard to look away. I really enjoy Kassie DePaiva and Casey Moss's acting, so that has a lot to do with it. Paige was great today, and I am anxious to see the smackdown later this week.

• Love 6
(edited)

I remember Jen Lilley had posted on tweeter that True had rocked her scenes and that she was wonderful back when they taped those scenes months ago..I thought that she was just blowing alot of hot air...She was right...I felt for Paige...Eve is a mess and I hope that Shane comes back and help his family....I hope the new writers fix the show. I'm just over the couple destruction and character assassination. It's been three years of it and I'm done. I want romance and the real couples back. I want character-driven stories that show respect to the history of the show...I want a bit of love in the afternoon....Couples can be stable and happy while facing the challenges of life..No more infidelity stories...We have had  so much from this horrible regime..It is almost as bad as rape stories....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

"I would never touch your things, sweetheart."  Except for her boyfriend, right? Man, Paige gave Eve every opportunity to come clean, didn't she?

Justin has no business complaining about Adrienne and Lucas.

Laughing at Daphne making sure JJ knew that she wasn't there with Rory.  I'm glad they came, I was wondering why only people Jennifer's age were there.

Look out, Nicole, Xander is up to no good. And look, his crazy hitwoman is back.

True and Kassie were so good today.

• Love 6

First time checking in here!

I was a longtime Passions viewer, and started watching Days since January.

I started out only following the Theresa/Brady/Melanie storyline. Even though I hated his character, Eric Martsolf was one of my favorite actors from Passions, so I immediately took interest in his role. Can I just say, Brady reminds me so much of Ethan Winthrop, and not just because they're both so dumb beyond belief. Of course, Ethan was also played by Eric Martsolf. I thought it was also funny that Eric Martsolf was paired with another female named Theresa, after saying that name ad naseum for six years while on Passions. I also actually found DOOL's Theresa to be somewhat similar to Passions's Theresa -- they're both town pariahs, and they both lied to Brady/Ethan quite a lot. Similarly, I found the whole debacle with Theresa hitting Brady's father to be similar to when Theresa hit Ivy in Passions -- also with a firepoker. Anne reminds me of a way cooler version of Whitney. Maybe I'm overemphasizing some things, but these things stood out to me.

There are a few more similarities, but I digress. Recently, I took some interest in the JJ/Paige/Eve/Jennifer situation. I find the whole Eve/JJ affair ridiculously messed up and disgusting, but at the same time, it's so hard to look away. I really enjoy Kassie DePaiva and Casey Moss's acting, so that has a lot to do with it. Paige was great today, and I am anxious to see the smackdown later this week.

Welcome to our version of the Fun House, Amish40 Victor's "idiot Grandson" Brady and Theresa, along with KdP are good reasons to watch.  Looking forward to more of your posts.

• Love 2
(edited)

I actually wish Xander's hitwomen would kill Nicole. Put me out of my misery. I'm sure Stefano has a clone of her anyway and TBH any incarnation is better than this snivelling, Dan and Eric worshipping little idiot that is so pathetic that she gets caught by Maggie Horton discussing her plans with herself. She's a shadow of her former self the Anastasia Steele of DOOL. Kill her. Comatose her until she wakes up with no memory and a new personality. Free me. Please.

ETA: Thanks for the recap Shadow, you're a brave little toaster. We should be paying you in liquor.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Adrienne can do better than that cheater Justin. Justin instead of staying with his side piece has come back to Salem to destroy Adrienne's life. Even while he is still in touch with his side piece.

• Love 2

Adrienne can do better than that cheater Justin. Justin instead of staying with his side piece has come back to Salem to destroy Adrienne's life. Even while he is still in touch with his side piece.

Bobcat, Justin is being written so out of character that its crazy. I am not pleased with the way that he is treating Adrienne either. If TPTB wanted Justin to go to the dark side, it should have been written and developed. Instead, we get Justin just having an affair out of nowhere.

• Love 4
(edited)

Holy crap but TOB and KDP delivered big--Paige's reaction to finding out about her mom and JJ was so perfectly done and Eve's pain at her daughter learning the truth was gorgeously played.  This smart and no holds-barred Paige can definitely stay because she is a damn interesting character.

And I keep coming back to KM having to have MR there when AS's Sami goes to confront Abby.  KM should be ashamed that another actress was needed to create drama when CM and TOB who are both younger then she is didn't need any assists.

They had better not hold off on Paige delivering the smack down. I want it tomorrow... not Friday! I mean... FINALLY! I don't know if it makes the story as a whole worth it but at least now it's delivering some major entertainment factor.

Also, why the hell is Jen throwing Paige a birthday party? Presumptive much? Although it's going to be the Worst. Party. Ever. so that's a bonus.

Hee hee!!

Wow! True blew me away..I was riveted by her.....Brava! Kassie was wonderful as always.....It is time for Andrew and Shane to come back and be there for Paige, Eve and Theresa....I would love to see their take on everything...Poor Nicole, she needs a friend..I am tired of her talking to herself..It is truly sad...Damn! Xander is turning out to be a dangerous asshole and he is being thrown under the bus for Daniel...

Damn, True O'Brien brought it today! That was amazing!

The anvils are truly dropping all around JJ right now. I can't WAIT for this party to get going.

Recently, I took some interest in the JJ/Paige/Eve/Jennifer situation. I find the whole Eve/JJ affair ridiculously messed up and disgusting, but at the same time, it's so hard to look away. I really enjoy Kassie DePaiva and Casey Moss's acting, so that has a lot to do with it. Paige was great today, and I am anxious to see the smackdown later this week.

Kudos to TOB today. She really brought it! She captured Paige's pain and disgust perfectly. I cant wait to see Paige's confrontation with JJ next. Bring it on!

"I would never touch your things, sweetheart."  Except for her boyfriend, right? Man, Paige gave Eve every opportunity to come clean, didn't she?

True and Kassie were so good today.

Agreed with all of you!  I actually really liked the Eve/Paige scenes today!  True showed amazing restraint as it looked like she was playing Paige as trying to give Eve all the chances she could to tell her the truth before she hit her with it.  And her explosion was awesome!  Kassie did an incredible herself in playing Eve's fear and regret as Paige unloaded on her.  Good job to both ladies!

And to think everyone here thought True was a terrible actress.  I knew otherwise, and hope this proved everyone wrong!  Great job, Ms. O'Brien! :-D

I can't wait to see how Casey does when it's J.J.'s turn to feel Paige's wrath! :)

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 3