Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I didn't really think JJ was seeking to lie to Paige to get her into bed either -- he seemed to genuinely want her in the moment. 

But this storyline overall is a mess. I think ultimate blame lies with JJ since he's old enough to know the consequences, but Jennifer does seem to have given him mixed and confusing advice. She's enabling him kind of in the same way Marlena is enabling Will. I can't believe Jennifer could be this dumb, but maybe she didn't anticipate that JJ would actually want to have sex with Paige? I could see her really being that naive....MR plays that aspect of Jennifer really well -- then again, she is 50 and her son is not a virgin...and he seemed to know how to please Eve if those constant, unrelenting flashbacks are anything to go by....yeah, my rationalizing about Jennifer's mind set isn't working...

Eve seemed to make Ben seem less....plastic? The writers could have had Eve with a younger guy like Ben instead in order to make Abigail's head explode....that would be must see tv for me since I'd have the chance to laugh at Abigail over and over and over again...maybe have Eve go for Chad too! And then have Abigail's head double explode so that only what is left of her is her bowed limbs....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

There is an actual use for the Mannequin.  While he is keeping the side piece busy all the elderly men in Salem will be safe from her stalking and her begging them to have sex with her.

Thank you!!! This post just made me laugh harder than I have in a while. The sad part is that its the truth.

• Love 1

JJ and Paige -- sex scenes generally make me uncomfortable, lol, but this felt like I was watching my daughter and her boyfriend. Unlike some of you above, though, my affection for the pair hasn't dimmed. I thought JJ was very respectful of Paige's innocence  -- 

I'm not really a black and white person either, but "JJ was very respectful of Paige's innocence" is just such a contradiction in terms to me. It's about the absolute last way I would choose to describe JJ having sex with Paige. Quite a few descriptors, not all of them horrible, spring to mind for me, but I cannot see respectful. If he were being respectful - much less very respectful - of it, he wouldn't have done this.

I'm sure Eve is going to complain incessantly when she finds out they had sex, but I'll have no patience for it since she should've bitten the bullet and told Paige the truth herself instead of letting herself be blackmailed. I don't know why she would expect that JJ would have any scruples about sleeping with Paige.

• Love 8

I hate typing so here goes:

I have ff through Lucas/Adrienne "love" scenes...yuk.

Dr Dan/Nicole = no chemistry

JJ is a selfish little asshole & his mother is a moron

And I've gotten this from just the opening of today's show

• Love 3

So Victor is going to fire Lucas but there's no punishment for Sonny's mother? He's not going to kick her out of his house? Not going to call her a hypocrite or a WhoreSlutBitch? After all the ranting and raving this banshee did over Sami and Will I want her to be publicly humiliated and shammed. She makes me sick. And Lucas is a dumbass. How stupid of him to show up at the Kiriakis mansion. I highly doubt having nasty sex with that loser is worth losing his job.

I've already had enough of Xander. He can leave at anytime now.

• Love 5

Black Knight -- I was referring to the way he insisted on knowing that she was ready for sex, asked her a few times during if she wanted him to stop, etc., but maybe I was hyperbolic. If you mean the whole idea of him having sex with Paige or being with her to begin with, well then, yeah. 

Did we really have to sit through half an hour of Dark Roast with his shirt off? What the fuck was he doing, marinating in his own juices before a shirt is allowed to be put on?

Eww Jacosta, my house my rules so I need to know about JJ fucking. Nasty ass bitch. Ugh Jacosta you're so gross and it's what you wanted didn't you, for them to make their own choices.

Damn Suddenly Southern are you upset that JJ put his beef in Lima Bean's taco or are you jealous that he's not stuffing you like a sausage? Which is it?

LMAO Victor, "Lucas you're fired." Victor is not a stupid man and why I continue to love him. Adrienne and Lucas are disgusting.

Diamond story. Who the fuck cares? I don't.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

I can never hate Nicole but damnit she is on probation with me. Firstly, Dan was on the way to putting on some clothes and she stopped him telling him not to bother because this wouldn't only take a moment. So my eyeballs were assaulted for half episode by the sight of his sinewy torso. Secondly, we have her again profusely apologizing for every damn thing. She apologized again for having freaking coffee with Xander for goodness sake. She was even apologetic when she got a call to report to work. This is just gonna to be the pattern of their relationship.

Did I hear right? Did they say I love you to each other?

One good thing - it was a blessing to be spared a Dicole love scene.

Woah! That hotel room scene between Xander and Serena was as ugly as the one between Clyde and Grimace.

Why I am not surprirsed that Daniel is now becoming interwined in the diamond/elephant story? Eric is becoming a footnote or should that be elephant footprint in his own storyline. Jonas is gonna solve the case.

Jen continues to be a complete creepster about JJ's sex life. Did she want to be in the room to direct the action? Join? I am not even sure at this point. Whichever it is just incredibly unhealhy.

Doesn't Lucas have a place? Why don't Adrienne and him have sex there rather than under her father-in-law and his employer's roof? How foolish can they both be. Especially Lucas for trusting his mom.

Eve's freakout and slow fall to the floor against the wall was everything. More than a little part of that was probably fueled by jealousy.

JJ is indeed learning at the foot of the master Daniel Jonas - bagging mom and daughter. Wonder what his letter to Penthouse forum will be titled.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 10

Eve's meltdown was multi-layered for sure.  

Xander and Serena played that hotel scene really well. Melissa Archer flung herself on that bed like a stunt woman. Xander's lost his charm, though -- he's just kind of blandly menacing in the same way that Eric is blandly nice. 

Jenn doesn't have a right to be on any high horse about JJ and Paige. "My house" my ass.

• Love 3

Jen continues to be a complete creepster about JJ's sex life. Did she want to be in the room to direct the action? Join? I am not even sure at this point.

Amen. She's disturbingly fixated on JJ and his sex life and controlling. Why is she so bizarre and creepy.

• Love 5

Kate: My date's delayed.

Victor: Those tractors do break down.

Me: *dies*

Victor: One other thing. Lucas, you're fired.

Victor, prince of my heart! I love you so much! Now just kick That Woman out of your house!

I cracked up at the literal removal of Paige's tiara during teen!sex.

This cracked me up today when I realized the tiara wasn't replaced!!! She's now tiara-less!!!

On the downside, I now hate Adrienne so much that all I want is to see is Victor kicking her out of his house and her being publicly disgraced. I hate her more than Will, because she has absolutely NO excuse. She is a sanctimonious damned hypocrite. For someone who has such strong feelings about cheating, she's sure willing to do it herself instead of doing the right thing, which would be to file for divorce.

Even worse, first Stupid Writers refuse to give us Alex, when it would have been so awesome, but we say ok, we'll give Xander a chance. Then they make him a thug, and now he's physically assaulting Serena with strong sexual overtones. I'm not ok with that. WHY IN HELL DO THESE WRITERS WANT US TO HATE THEIR CHARACTERS?

• Love 5

On the downside, I now hate Adrienne so much that all I want is to see is Victor kicking her out of his house and her being publicly disgraced. I hate her more than Will, because she has absolutely NO excuse. She is a sanctimonious damned hypocrite. For someone who has such strong feelings about cheating, she's sure willing to do it herself instead of doing the right thing, which would be to file for divorce.

I want Sonny's mother to be thrown in the nearest body of water.

• Love 2

I don't think EJ Dimera ever got a whole episode where he could just saunter around and deliver his dialogue in a towel.  Regrets, I've had a few...

His very first episode, he was running around in a towel and Sami got a full view when he "accidentally" dropped it.

• Love 4

His very first episode, he was running around in a towel and Sami got a full view when he "accidentally" dropped it.

But did he get to talk deep thoughts in his towel for a full half-hour?

I vaguely remember Austin, Lucas, and EJ running around shirtless though while Sami and Carrie seemed to be very controlled with their eyes. Which now that I think about it was kind of hilarious....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Woah! That hotel room scene between Xander and Serena was as ugly as the one between Clyde and Grimace.

That was horrible and disgusting and disturbing.  Usually I love Days, even when the writing is stupid and boring, but that shit is too much. 

Also, I'm very tired of Daniel Jonas.  He's manipulative, arrogant, hypocritical, and orange.  And his haircut is dumb.

• Love 6

I personally love Kristen, this is going to sound horrible but I'm happy she stole Theresa's baby.

I love Brady and Mel together. (Mel needs to tan her hands they don't match the rest of her body)

I know I'll get grief for this but I wish Dan and Jennifer would get back together, I thought they was nice together

Theresa needs to be the new sami since my fav character is gone maybe Theresa can fill that need

Serena gets on my last nerve, I'm ready for that bimbo to get the boot off the show and I get excited when I see xander man handle her!

Will and sonny ugh I won't even go there they piss me off

Eve needs to be smacked... hard..

Preacher boy is getting boring, he should be with Nicole maybe he would get some spunk

I like jj and paige together

I think I named off everyone.. The others are lame

• Love 1

Amen. She's disturbingly fixated on JJ and his sex life and controlling. Why is she so bizarre and creepy.

Her daughter has been a side-piece twice and her son banged a mother & daughter. She sure did a great job!

• Love 5

Thursday and Fridays showed should have been reversed. Thursday show had a much better cliffhanger JMHO.

I notice this a lot with Days . The cliffhangers are anticlimactic and the Friday ones not very compelling. Hey! Remember when Days used to do the cliffhanger and and the screen would freeze on someone's face or a clue or weapon. Like freeze then warp and a sound effect would play? And then they had previews and it would show lightning between the cuts of action of the preview?

Remember that?! I wish they'd so that again LOL.

• Love 6

Mother of PEARL, ladies, it's JUST A freakin' PENIS!

The way Jenn and Eve were carrying on today you'd think the Creature from the Black Lagoon was stalking them. ( Lucky for them, he's currently with Nicole.)

Having been a young man myself back in the Pleistocene Age, the idea of any guy other than Norman Bates discussing with his mom having just had sex is totally absurd.  If my mother - or my father, for that matter - had raised the subject with me or any of my brothers, we would have laughed and just walked out of the room.  No discussion.  And no amount of yelling would have changed that, either.

For JJ to be apologizing to that nutcase of a mother of his AGAIN is just sort of sad.  Show may not intend us to see this, but I see a guy on the verge of a breakdown.  And he can thank the women in his life for the gift of mental illness.  Plus, Jenn might want to realize that JJ isn't a dog who heels on command.  Show your kid some actual respect and don't bellow his name the second you open the door.  

And Eve losing it like that?  Good LORD woman, get a grip.  Go smell the coat or something.  I doubt Cousin Joan would too thrilled, even though she's no longer there, to know you're destroying the apartment because Paige just had the most mediocre two minutes of her life.  I bet the security deposit is in her name, after all.

And by the way, where's the tiara?  Did the Virgin Cops show up and confiscate it?  If Paige wants another one, I think Abigail has a 12-pack of those tiaras in her closet.  She's whips 'em out often enough.  I wonder if they work the same way as that handy dandy kitchen appliance, the Vacuum Sealer.

So Xander is a dirt ball......sigh.....I know, we saw it coming, but I was hoping....But knowing Show, they'll try to put him up as some sort of cool anti-hero guy, like Clyde, because after all, hittin' wimmin folk is just that okay.  Oh, Show.....

Also, I'm very tired of Daniel Jonas.  He's manipulative, arrogant, hypocritical, and orange.  And his haircut is dumb.

You and me both.  Poor Nicole, having to be hugged by him with her wearing all white.  I can't imagine there's a dry cleaner in the world who can get that combination of ground-in grime and copppertone out of that outfit.  So after tongueing Nicole like he'd lost his dentures down her throat, Daniel THEN pulls back like Polly Pureheart and primly says that they will go bowling instead and spend the night talking about him, and how much she likes him, and how much he likes him, and absolutely NO discussion about Nicole or anything other than him.  Wonderful him. 

Then Nicole gets called into work, and because she's been completely destroyed psychologically, she asks him if he's MAD that she has to go to work.  Dan looks puzzled, probably because Nicole was talking about something other than how wonderful he is, but eventually, he says, OH NO!  That's Okay!   And Nicole thanks her  lucky lil' wimmin stars that she has a guy just so great that he'll let her go to work and not get all mad and stuff, and she meekly goes out.  Cuz Daniel is SUCH a catch.  He'd be an even bigger catch if if was 20,000 B.C.

Seriously, Show might want to realize that their heartthrob, Shawn Christian, is a terrible actor, just awful.  He equates straddling while walking with projecting manliness or something, furrowing his brow with being SMMAAAWWT, and displaying his wrinkly 50 year old flatassed bod as being sexay.  But most of all, the guy CANNOT ACT.  He's the Cameron Mathison of Days.  That is not good, folks, in ANY way.  

Maybe Xander can do a sweep before he leaves town and repopulate Melaswen?

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

man that victor- he's the best. the way he fired lucas so pleasantly was great. im completely indifferent to lucas and adrienne the couple, probably because i love them both as characters, but i do hope she and justin work it out for the like 17th time. i love them as a couple and the kiriakis family will always be the best dool family to me. OT, Adrienne's earrings were HUGE. i was completely distracted by my desire to remove them.

OT, Adrienne's earrings were HUGE. i was completely distracted by my desire to remove them.

I had the same reaction! I also noticed that neither Paige nor Adrienne took off their earrings during their sex scenes. I thought it was so odd!

• Love 5

I notice this a lot with Days . The cliffhangers are anticlimactic and the Friday ones not very compelling. Hey! Remember when Days used to do the cliffhanger and and the screen would freeze on someone's face or a clue or weapon. Like freeze then warp and a sound effect would play? And then they had previews and it would show lightning between the cuts of action of the preview?

Remember that?! I wish they'd so that again LOL.

I always looked forward to seeing who or what would get the freeze frame ending. They should bring it back. Have someone shoot Abifail in the face and then do a freeze frame of her dead body.

Considering everything Kate did to Lucas and Sami, why would Lucas be surprised that Kate would sell him out?

I hope Kate poisons Sonny's mother because she doesn't think she's good enough for Lucas.

• Love 4

IIRC, she sort of liked Mimi before she kept her abortion from Rex and wanted Belle with Phillip (when he was played by Kyle Brandt).

Edited by jsm1125

Considering everything Kate did to Lucas and Sami, why would Lucas be surprised that Kate would sell him out?

Just me but since Sami has forgotten what Kate is surely Lucas would forget since she is his mother.

Is Carrie the only woman Kate has ever approved of?

Kate likes Carrie because they are the same when it comes to men.  jmo

• Love 2

I don't really like Adrienne for Lucas (probably because she's married, amongst other things), but I think it's a little weird that Kate expects Lucas to go without a sex life (clearly, she can't survive without one). She's ready to fire pistols before Lucas has even gotten a commitment from a lady. 

• Love 5

Sami didn't forget everything Kate did.  Sami teamed up with Kate precisely because she knows what Kate is capable of.  It's to bad the idiot writers had Nicole destroy the evidence that Kristen raped Eric.  Instead of seeing the bad girls turned into doormats for Neanderthal men that are not worth it, it would have been so much more entertaining to see Sami, Kate, and Nicole team up against Kristen, Stefano, and EJ.

• Love 6

Is Carrie the only woman Kate has ever approved of?

Kate also liked Sami way way waaaaaaaay back in the day, when everyone still thought that Sami was just a typical teenager. I remember Kate had left town for a bit and when she returned to Salem, she was peering in at the window at her sons and the Brady sisters and was thinking to herself, "Oh, Lucas and Sami must be together now" with an approving smile on her face. It wasn't long before she realized the truth was very different.

• Love 4

I appreciated Eve's breakdown. Remember, when Eve wasn't much older than Paige, she was a prostitute. For all of Eve's many faults, she managed to raise a daughter in a protected innocence that she never experienced herself. I personally think Eve would have flipped out no matter who Paige slept with -- my mom epically lost her shit when I got rid of my virginity as a teenager, and my mom wasn't a teen protitute -- if Paige had slept with that guy Eve is working with, Eve would have tracked him down and shot him!

So Eve is having to face that her daughter's innocence, that she must have fiercely protected, is gone, and to a boy who betrayed her in the worst possible way. That alone would be enough to trigger a meltdown, but add in the guilt of being the one who betrayed her daughter, and you've got a full-fledged psychological breakdown.

I keep coming back to the concept of repitition compulsion (when people who have suffered abuse re-create that abuse in their lives, either for themselves or someone else, like their child). It's interesting to me that after Eve spent Paige's life sheltering her, and protecting her, and shielding her innocence, she chose to do the most hurtful thing possible, sleep with JJ. Show wants us to believe (I think) that it was to prove that JJ wassn't worthy of her daughter, and that combined with the bizarre attraction they have to produce hate!sex! But I think it's much more interesting if you look at it through the lens of repitition compulsion -- she had to suffer abuse and betrayal as a young woman *and learn to live with it*. Something has to explain her actions; there is potential for good story here.

(And by that, I mean story written by you genius people, not Stupid Writers. So mad at Stupid Writers. I'm still so disappointed in Xander I could cry -- we should have known he couldn't be any kind of a rootable guy if he was attracted to Nicole, right? Because according to Show, she doesn't deserve a good guy. Apparantly, neither do we.)

• Love 6

I appreciated Eve's breakdown. Remember, when Eve wasn't much older than Paige, she was a prostitute. For all of Eve's many faults, she managed to raise a daughter in a protected innocence that she never experienced herself. I personally think Eve would have flipped out no matter who Paige slept with -- my mom epically lost her shit when I got rid of my virginity as a teenager, and my mom wasn't a teen protitute -- if Paige had slept with that guy Eve is working with, Eve would have tracked him down and shot him!

So Eve is having to face that her daughter's innocence, that she must have fiercely protected, is gone, and to a boy who betrayed her in the worst possible way. That alone would be enough to trigger a meltdown, but add in the guilt of being the one who betrayed her daughter, and you've got a full-fledged psychological breakdown.

I keep coming back to the concept of repitition compulsion (when people who have suffered abuse re-create that abuse in their lives, either for themselves or someone else, like their child). It's interesting to me that after Eve spent Paige's life sheltering her, and protecting her, and shielding her innocence, she chose to do the most hurtful thing possible, sleep with JJ. Show wants us to believe (I think) that it was to prove that JJ wassn't worthy of her daughter, and that combined with the bizarre attraction they have to produce hate!sex! But I think it's much more interesting if you look at it through the lens of repitition compulsion -- she had to suffer abuse and betrayal as a young woman *and learn to live with it*. Something has to explain her actions; there is potential for good story here.

(And by that, I mean story written by you genius people, not Stupid Writers. So mad at Stupid Writers. I'm still so disappointed in Xander I could cry -- we should have known he couldn't be any kind of a rootable guy if he was attracted to Nicole, right? Because according to Show, she doesn't deserve a good guy. Apparantly, neither do we.)

I want you writing the show.  I didn't even think of Eve's reaction in that light.  Too bad Show's writers won't go for layered characterizations, because KdP could sell that motivation like hotcakes.

• Love 7

I really don't get why Eve didn't realize that Paige might want to have sex with JJ? Like, how long did she think Paige might put the hormones off?

That said, I do think Eve really loves her daughter, which is probably what makes this storyline weird to watch. 

I wonder if the writers ever actually sat the actors down to explain to them how the storyline should go. I think KDP prefers playing Eve as genuinely loving her daughter, CM prefers playing JJ as genuinely loving Paige, but the writers seem to prefer that KDP and CM have ambiguous and possibly actual feelings towards each other.  And this is what we're getting....a lot of why? (in Nancy Kerrigan's voice). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 7

When Jen asked JJ if he was safe with Paige, I totally had a moment where I thought she would say, "Because you know that Eve has had every STD in the book!" How creepy is this whole situation? Gross.

• Love 4

When Jen asked JJ if he was safe with Paige, I totally had a moment where I thought she would say, "Because you know that Eve has had every STD in the book!" How creepy is this whole situation? Gross.

With the way Jenn is, I'm only surprised she didn't tell him that next time to have her come and fit the condom on for him.  Woman has issues.  

How come Abigail can bang the drum slowly all over town and up and down the Square and Jenn barely nods, but she wants JJ to be posting his sex life on Instagram?

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

It is very weird how Jennifer  is so fixated on JJ's sex life..It is very bizarre...It is at times like this that I am reminded on how Jack's absence from the show is so glaring...JJ needs Jack...JJ  is so tortured just like Jack was when he was trying to rebuild his life after Kayla's rape and the revelation of him being Billy...I don't understand why Ken Corday will not fix this...Bring Jack back and have him bond with his kids, especially JJ and have Jack and Jennifer slowly work their way back to each other....Have Steve and Jack really bond as brothers with Adrienne there as the glue that binds the Johnson family together..I also want to see Sonny bond with the uncles that he was named after....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

It's really unfortunate that JJ really only has raccoon Jen, Abifail, and Dan as his support system. If ever there was a time for a character to come back from the dead it's now. Jack needs to come back and undue the damage raccoon Jen has done to his son and have his creature daughter locked up somewhere.

• Love 6

Jennifer probably thinks Paige will keep JJ away from drugs and out of trouble (like sleeping with 50 year olds?).  Maybe even JJ thinks the same which is why his affection for her is quite strong. 

• Love 2

Jennifer probably thinks Paige will keep JJ away from drugs and out of trouble (like sleeping with 50 year olds?).  Maybe even JJ thinks the same which is why his affection for her is quite strong. 

It's awfully selfish, unhealthy, and inappropriate of raccoon Jen and JJ to expect so much of Paige and this relationship. She's just a young girl trying to navigate life, it's not her responsibility to *save* JJ. How about the raccoon start acting like a decent parent and get JJ some therapy and stop acting like a freak.

• Love 7

It's awfully selfish, unhealthy, and inappropriate of raccoon Jen and JJ to expect so much of Paige and this relationship. She's just a young girl trying to navigate life, it's not her responsibility to *save* JJ. How about the raccoon start acting like a decent parent and get JJ some therapy and stop acting like a freak.

Very true. I was just trying to reason out the stupidity, otherwise this storyline makes no sense to me.

• Love 2