Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

how do you get that I am blaming them for Will's actions...I said that Lucas would blame them for Will having a mental breakdown...

Will's actions get blamed on the mental breakdown and he gets to sit in the psych ward avoiding culpability while Sonny and Paul get dragged.

It would fit in with the way Lucas and Sami have raised him, they have always covered for him..Plus, Lucas would be feeling alot of guilt because of that and would be projecting it on Paulson....I am not saying it is right, but people do that when they are in pain....Lucas already sees Paul as a threat to his granddaughter's family..Game knows game...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I didn't think Dan and Nicole had a relationship.  I thought Dan went all, "You still have feelings for Eric, blah, blah, blah."  Dan ignores her phone calls, hangs up on Nicole, shoves her out of his apartment, etc.  So the state of their relationship is Dan is an abusive ass, and Nicole stupidly puts up with it?

I don't like what the writers have done to Will, but since Ken Corday was dumb enough to come right out and say they were going to make Will more like Sami (they have failed completely) which means Will's personality transplant is a result of AS/Sami leaving Salem, I'm just sort of "whatever more character assasination" which has become par for the course for this show.

Just like Chad being recast was supposedly going to result in Chad being more of a Dimera.  Which if that means constantly running to Daddy Stefano for help, then yes Chad is exactly like Kristen and EJ.  As far as the Dimeras being the threat they once were, that died with Andre.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

I didn't think Dan and Nicole had a relationship.  I thought Dan went all, "You still have feelings for Eric, blah, blah, blah."  Dan ignores her phone calls, hangs up on Nicole, shoves her out of his apartment,  So the state of their relationship is Dan is an ass, and Nicole stupidly puts up with it?

I thought that was the status of their relationship too. I didn't think they had committed to each other fully yet -- not even so much as to the "It's complicated" state yet either.

Edited by bantering

Wow it was so surprising to see John and Sonny today having a respectful polite conversation today. John treated him like an adult with no accusations or drama.

On the other hand it's pretty obvious now that Sneasel is going nuts. When he snapped at his grandma when she (rightly) compared his actions and delusions to his mothers past you could see the growing insanity. I'm really hoping she quietly lets Lucas and Adrienne in on what's going on. Sneasel needs an intervention asap.

As usual today the highlight for me was Freddie. The quiet rage he showed today was freaking awesome.I'm surprised he let Sneasel touch him without flinching away. Am I the only one who would've paid good money to see Dark Sonny destroy the apartment? Will had better watch his step very carefully but I'm kinda hoping he keeps pushing his luck just so we can finally see Sonny's inner Kiriakis come out to play.

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 5

I don't know what to make of Marlena's situation. On the one hand, I think she's caught between a rock and a hard place. On the other hand, if Sami had done what Will did, I don't think she would have covered for Sami -- I think she would have told John, or she might have pleaded with Tori to tell John the truth (I can't remember if she did do this with Tori. Maybe she did?) But I really don't think she would have gone out of her way to protect Sami like she did with Will.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

And that's why I don't want a mental breakdown for Will.  I want him to FINALLY realize that he's in the wrong and work to make amends instead of getting the out of a stay in the nuthouse.

• Love 5

On the other hand it's pretty obvious now that Sneasel is going nuts. When he snapped at his grandma when she (rightly) compared his actions and delusions to his mothers past you could see the growing insanity. I'm really hoping she quietly lets Lucas and Adrienne in on what's going on. Sneasel needs an intervention asap.

Sonny's mother doesn't need to be involved in this. She doesn't care about Will or his well being. She can go cry over Justin or go wherever Julie is. No more screen time for her. If one of Sonny's parents should be notified it should be Justin. He's the rational one.

• Love 2

The show has neglected to create friendships between different characters...I think Theresa would be good with Wilson ...She is Will's cousin, she could teach him a thing or two about schemes....Sonny and Will need gay friends... I know the show does not want too much gay characters, but one or two would be good for them.. Especially Will, who is new to the gay world and got married so young...Lucas would be good with Eric...Kate would be good with Eve...Nicole and Sonny would be good as well and it would piss off Victor...Guiding light was good at creating and maintaining friendships between different characters..Roger and Maureen were awesome together....

Yes to all this. But also, I feel every storyline is in a little bubble. There is no intersectionality and when there is it is always of the wrong kind - a Jonas sticking there their little Keebler nose where it doesn't belong. Feels so weird that no one is even gossiping about Will and Sonny. 

I don't understand why women lose their mind for Dr. Tan....Nicole, Chloe, Kate, Even Theresa once propositioned him for sex..Yuck.....These writers love to debase Nicole and it is horrible to watch.....

I think Corday or some dude on the writing staff is living vicariously through Daniel. 

I am reading the play by play of today's episode and it makes absolutely little to no sense. Nicole was getting phones and doors slammed in her face and telling her to prove shit that was unproveable (how do you show you are no longer in love with someone? kill them?) how the ever loving fuck was she in a committed monogamous relationship with Daniel? Nicole's groveling this episode sounds completely unwatchable. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 2

The way Daniel and Maggie were acting it was like Nicole was married to Daniel and cheating on him. Dan was done with her wasn't he? Go after Xander, Nicole.

Will's really shocked at what Marlena thinks of Sami? Where has Will been? Also Will treated Sami just as bad, if not worse for her actions. 

John only now cares to hear about the other side of the story, before it was all Will's side and Paul's evil. Too late John, he already treated Paul like crap over Will's opinion. 

• Love 2

Theresa is just coming off as pathetic now. How many times is she going to act like a hateful bitch to people who aren't even bothering her? Get a hobby. I'm so sick of her acting hateful to every single person who comes into contact with her and then tearing up when they tell her how awful she is.

LOL at RoboMar saying she loves Sami. LOL at Will acting shocked at what RoboMar said about Sami. Is he forgetting the time when he called his mother a lying whore on a daily basis? Or the time he sold her out in his trash article? STFU.

For all the talk of Will acting like Sami, I don't think she would be acting the way he's acting in this situation. It's not like Sonny dumped him and hooked up with Sparkle. Sonny seemed very interested in working on their marriage. Even now, Sonny STILL hasn't dumped him. All Will has to do is admit he messed up and agree to go to marriage counseling. I don't understand what he's doing. It's like he intentionally trying to destroy his marriage. Maybe this is the writers shoddy way of foreshadowing a mental breakdown in his future. 

I'm assuming we're supposed to forget that Kritter stole the embryo only five months ago.

So Jawn is mad at Marlena for keeping quiet for a few days about Sparkle being his son. I guess he's forgetting that Marlena forgave him for everything he did in the name of "protecting" Brady. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6

To  be fair to John, Will is his step-grandson and he has known him all his life..Paul is a stranger...I think the only thing that will wake Will up, is if his actions lead to something bad happening to Arianna..He is still in denial about the damage that he has done to his marriage....I can see Sonny unleashing his dark side on Will, if his selfishness hurts Arianna...Sonny is scary when he is angry because it is  a quiet rage.. That is sometimes worst..Will better be careful, Sonny is ready to explode...Did you guys noticed how he subtly moved Will out of his way...lol Will looked kind of afraid of Sonny today....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I like Sonny, and seeing a darker side of Sonny is interesting, however, I hope Sonny remembers what Kate and Sami are capable of because they can give Victor and Stefano a run in the ruthless vengeful department, and they will both protect/defend Will no matter what.  Even though Will doesn't deserve it especially after he stabbed both of them in the back with his article.

• Love 4

Nicole, Maggie, and Dan looked like a team of Power Rangers sitting there in their bright white, pink, and blue. I hate how pathetic Nicole was acting, especially over Dan who has the shittiest personality ever. Hell, all the men on the show except for Sonny have shitty personalities.

I really hope today counted as one of ED's 10 episodes. She's only been on screen for 5 seconds and I'm already sick of Kristin. I loved her in the 1990's, but her last two appearances were awful.

Freddie Smith was excellent today. Not many actors in this or any other medium can effectively convey rage simmering just below the surface and Freddie nailed it today. As much as I woke love Sonny to trash that apartment, I don't want him to do that to his daughters home. Sonny can unleash his rage without creating a domestic violence situation.

• Love 3

There was absolutely nothing in them coffee cups, cause when Dark Roast set it down on the table, you heard a hollow sound. They can at least fill it up a little bit with water because they show glasses full of wine and cola. So why are coffee cups empty?

Is Sneasel really this stupid? Why he can't see the similarities between what he's doing and what Sami use to do because he was there admonishing her and calling her a slut for going after Jar Jar. It's different because it's him right? He's such a loser, RoboMar, you're talking to a brick wall. Glad Sonny just left him high and dry, I'm thinking Sonny is waiting for him to own up to his actions and stop acting like a damn bitch. 

RoboMar can tell when Yawn is mad, how is that different from his regular face and tone of voice? Did you see that look on his face when the cleaning lady told him that Sparkles and Carbon checked out? That was one of the most blank faces I've ever seen in my life.

Nicole stop explaining yourself to Dark Roast, he doesn't deserve anything. He treated you like trash and upset that she moved on from him, Dark Roast must think he's irreplaceable but like Beyonce said to the left to the left. 

Was that suppose to be a pep talk from Brady to Theresa to turn her life around? I must have missed where the pep talk was because it sounded like he was just down talking her with how much Theresa repulses him. Eric wasn't doing a good job either, he just got up and left like a big baby. 

Great Krispy Kristen is back. SMDH. Both soaps I watched today have featured returns of some of the worst characters. Krispy's raping ass and Smelly's stank ass on Y&R. Absolutely horrible. 

Maggie's hair and outfit were certainly interesting. She needs to shut the hell up with her uppity attack on AssCole and would not even listen to her reasoning. Does she think people just live for her approval?

"Look at the gleesome 3some!" Lol I would have said gruesome threesome personally.

Marlena is wrong about Sami. She's such a bad mom, and Will is a lousy son, and EJ was a piece of shit husband. Poor Sami

Xander looked great today. Choice between bedding him or Unwashed Hippie ain't a choice at all.

Melanie's outfit and jewelry and mussed hair looked very Stevie Nicks. I'm not sure she should tan so much if she's going to dye her hair red.

Kristen is horrible and a lunatic. Brady is dumber than shit and an addict with frequent relapses and violent. Teresa is a bitch on roller skates. Good luck little man.

• Love 4

Man, the bright solid colors were searing my eyes.

I'm tired of all of these women obsessing about their sons' love lives.

Shut the hell up, Daniel, you have no right to hear anything about whom Nicole sees or doesn't see. And then he gets pissy and gets up to leave?  What an asshole.

I love Eric just getting up and leaving Theresa sitting there at the table.

I have to keep laughing at Serena never able to get into Daniel's place to take the diamonds that she for some unknown reason stashed there.

• Love 4

There have been times when I was like WTH is going on, but I don't remember everything being this completely boring, repetitive and one-note before.

The last time I stopped watching was the Quad of Doom From Hell -- Belle, Philip, Mimi, and Shawn-Douglas (I think)? Oh my god, that was a dreadful time -- not only was everything boring and repetitive, there were *constant* flashbacks to boring things that had *just* happened. (But there was one bright spot, and that was RoboJohn. RoboJohn was awesome!)

Completely agree with the previous poster who pointed out that Marlena wouldn't be covering for Sami the way she is for Will. I have a huge problem with her covering for Will while waving the Banner of Truth and Righteousness.

• Love 2

In what universe did Sami get everything she wanted?  Sami constantly lost, and even when Sami didn't do anything wrong, she was still labeled the bad guy while other people got a free pass.

Nicole, for the love of God, the next time Dan says one word to you, even looks in your direction, stomp his ass into the ground.  Then go get Theresa and her baby, Kate and Ciara, and go find Sami in Hollywood.

• Love 8

To be fair to Marlena, Grandparents tend to be more lenient with their grandchildren than their own children....

In what universe did Sami get everything she wanted?  Sami constantly lost, and even when Sami didn't do anything wrong, she was still labeled the bad guy while other people got a free pass.

Nicole, for the love of God, the next time Dan says one word to you, even looks in your direction, stomp his ass into the ground.  Then go get Theresa and her baby, Kate and Ciara, and go find Sami in Hollywood.

If Sami got what she wanted than She would be a family with Austin and Will. Roman and Marlena would still be married and Belle would have been their daughter. John would have ceased to exist...Will would be straight....and so on and so on..These writers need to google Sami Brady and get her history..This is ridiculous....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Eric Brady sure does not like it when someone fails to worship Jennifer Horton.

Eric's petulantly walking away from Theresa was almost as awesome as last week's episode where John imperiously waved Paul over to his table at the TBD.  What happened to Eric's being so kind and forgiving?  I would also like to see Theresa become less randomly bitchy and actually have a friend who isn't Anne to turn too.

I truly do no understand what John's problem is--Marlena was keeping Tori's secret because it's not her story to tell and she said the exact same thing to Will and now John feels like Marlena only kept the secret because of Will.  Why does John immediately jump to the worst possible scenario?  If I were Mar, I'd wash my hands of the jerk.

• Love 5

I think it's sort of weird how no one really seems in shock that John has another random kid somewhere. Paul seemed to be the only one sort of surprised, but everyone else seemed to act like you having a secret kid come out of nowhere is like finding a quarter on the ground.

If Sami had been around for this storyline, I feel like she might have had the most normal reaction. Marlena doesn't seem fazed, and neither did Will...John didn't even raise his one eyebrow over the news...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Eric's petulantly walking away from Theresa was almost as awesome as last week's episode where John imperiously waved Paul over to his table at the TBD.  What happened to Eric's being so kind and forgiving?  I would also like to see Theresa become less randomly bitchy and actually have a friend who isn't Anne to turn too.

To be fair, Theresa is A LOT to deal with and she had just threatened to add him to her shit list.

I think it's sort of weird how no one really seems in shock that John has another random kid somewhere. Paul seemed to be the only one sort of surprised, but everyone else seemed to act like you having a secret kid come out of nowhere is like finding a quarter on the ground.

If Sami had been around for this storyline, I feel like she might have had the most normal reaction. Marlena doesn't seem fazed, and neither did Will...John didn't even raise his one eyebrow over the news...

If I were Jawn, Marlena, etc I'd be surprised that it took this long for him to find out he had a secret kid. He still has no idea who he was before he came to Salem so it's very possible that he has numerous kids out there somewhere.

• Love 2

Yawn is a jerk, but so are Marlena and Sneasel so they can be jerks to each other.  I don't care.  They just need to shut up about how horrible Sami is.

Is it possible that Serena might leave Salem without ever getting the diamonds back.  Ten or two years from now, depending on soras, Parker finds them, and escapes to Europe to party and to get the hell away from Dan.

• Love 4

Whatever happened to the elephant? Is that where the diamonds were? Those diamonds don't really look real, btw. Sort of looks like the rock candy I used to eat when I was a kid...

Serena took the diamonds out of the elephant and, for some reason, stuffed them up inside the fireplace in Daniel's house instead of putting them in her purse or in her pocket.

Let's not be too revisionist over Sami's history -- it's not like she didn't act selfishly all the freakin' time. And a lot of the time, she did try to shift the blame for her choices onto others -- chiefly her mother and what a raw deal Marlena handed her.

But I don't buy the parallels that the show has been at such pains to draw between mother and son. The destruction of Will leaves me feeling, well, uninterested. Everyone's just so ... dumb. I can't be bothered to hang around while everybody has a conniption over what a clever manipulator Kristen is. Ucch.

• Love 2

Serena took the diamonds out of the elephant and, for some reason, stuffed them up inside the fireplace in Daniel's house instead of putting them in her purse or in her pocket.

Oh noes, she's going to have to sleep with Daniel to get the diamonds back...

• Love 6

Let's not be too revisionist over Sami's history -- it's not like she didn't act selfishly all the freakin' time. And a lot of the time, she did try to shift the blame for her choices onto others -- chiefly her mother and what a raw deal Marlena handed her.

But I don't buy the parallels that the show has been at such pains to draw between mother and son. The destruction of Will leaves me feeling, well, uninterested. Everyone's just so ... dumb. I can't be bothered to hang around while everybody has a conniption over what a clever manipulator Kristen is. Ucch.

I think what's weird about trying to draw a parallel between Will and Sami is that cheating is the one thing Sami abhorred and felt was truly wrong. Okay, everything else was fair game in her mind, but she understood cheating to be a sucky thing to do. 

Will can't seem to comprehend why cheating is wrong or at the very least why people don't like it. Then again, he did take Abigail's side over her cheating stupidity rather than the side of his mother who was cheated on, so I guess he's wondering why people aren't being more understanding of his cheating since he was so understanding of Abigail? 

I felt I would never feel sorry for Will for cheating on Sonny, but I guess I do feel sort of bad for him that he's so freaking dumb...maybe he really is Austin's kid after all???

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Yeah, Sami was hell on wheels (to put it mildly), and caused a lot of people grief, but suddenly saying Will is like Sami, and having several of the people that are saying Will is just like Sami, be people that weren't even in Salem when she really was a terror, just isn't working, mainly because Will is nothing like Sami.  The scheming Will is so incompetently trying to do is nothing like what Sami used to do, and she was way more capable.  And Sami lost.  Sami did not get everything she wanted.  Then there's the fact that when Sami's plots blew up in her face, the fall out was entertaining, and no one ran around Salem saying how wonderful Sami was, and that she was some poor helpless victim.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

Yeah, the parallel Marlena drew between Sami and Will today didn't work for me. First, as bantering said, Sami always felt cheating was wrong, and the one time she did it herself, she felt guilty, much more guilty than her son has yet to show. But second, I don't feel that Sami was one to hold crazy conspiracy theories about other people. She might accuse someone else, sure, but it would be clear that it was just something she was saying to get herself out of hot water, or to further a scheme - I could always see the self-awareness in that respect. Will, on the other hand, seems to have completely convinced himself now of his story that Paul came to Salem expressly to seduce Will in order to break up his marriage, and that Paul conducted all his interviews dressed in nothing but a towel, his body draped alluringly across the bed the better to tempt Sneasel. Sami seemed to have a pretty good sense of what people would or wouldn't do. It's one of the main things that made her an effective schemer and manipulator.

• Love 8

It doesn't help that Ken Corday and the writers expressly said they were going to make Will more like Sami, they tried to do it overnight in the blink of an eye, and failed miserably.

It's strange that a show which could drag the freaking elephant plot out over months with nothing happening would then turn around and try to give Will a personality transplant in the space of a day, and it hasn't worked.

Sami developed over time.  When Sami was a teenager, she was very close to Roman, Marlena, Carrie, Kate, and Lucas.  The writers over time showed how and why those relationships devolved.

Austin was to stupid to live before Brady and Eric began to compete to earn that title.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

I wish somebody could tweet the producers of the show, so that they can hear directly about our complaints about the show...It is going to be a long summer until we get to Higley's work...It is getting hard to watch...We should be writing the show.....

Did Marlena actually say that Sami got what she wanted? I thought I heard "... as long as she got what she wanted," (i.e., Sami's motivation) -- that's not the same as saying she always (or ever) actually got what she schemed for.

For me, the major difference is Sami's schemes involved getting someone to love her. Will had that, and threw it away. His schemes all seem to involve finding ways to escape the consequences of throwing away what he was freely and abundantly given.

• Love 5

Why must Nicole beg and grovel at Dr. Tan's feet every day?  It's fucking gross, and I'm tired of it.  No one on earth is worth this degradation.  I wholeheartedly agree with the poster upthread who said that Corday is living through Dan.  What a tedious, controlling little man he must be.

Will Abifail be murdered?

We can hope!  But seriously, that could be an awesome story.  And it would give MR something else to do but get into JJ's sex life and whine to Daniel that he's not her friend anymore.

• Love 7

Did Marlena actually say that Sami got what she wanted? I thought I heard "... as long as she got what she wanted," (i.e., Sami's motivation) -- that's not the same as saying she always (or ever) actually got what she schemed for.

For me, the major difference is Sami's schemes involved getting someone to love her. Will had that, and threw it away. His schemes all seem to involve finding ways to escape the consequences of throwing away what he was freely and abundantly given.

That's another thing that's annoying about Will's storyline -- I don't think he's really facing any consequences. He got told off by Victor, but who hasn't?  It seems Sonny wants to make things work with Will, but Will keeps acting unhinged and coming up with potential schemes...but for what I'm not sure.... 

I don't think Sonny has even yelled at Will as much as he could for the actual infidelity (I think he's faced less than Sami and Nicole and maybe even Carrie in similar situations), but Will keeps insisting on being a weirdo for some reason...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Why must Nicole beg and grovel at Dr. Tan's feet every day?  It's fucking gross, and I'm tired of it.  No one on earth is worth this degradation. 

I so very much agree.  Damn, even in Nicole's fantasies, Daniel is a major dickhead.  He has some nerve getting pissy with her about anything after the way he's treated her these past weeks.  It's bad enough that he's forgotten, but has Nicole forgotten that he manhandled her out of his apartment and then slammed the door in her face for NO REASON?  Stupid storyline and stupid use of a good character portrayed by a better actor.  And I mean Nicole, sure as hell NOT Daniel.

And I agree that MarRoomba should dump Jawn's sorry ass.  He froze her out before over his ridiculous plan to seduce Kristen and now he's going to do the same again?  Mar doesn't deserve it.  Even AI's deserve some kindness - and some oiling at the appropriate time.  What the hell MarRoomba is doing with that flying monkey to begin with is beyond me.

Okay, Theresa is a horror and all, although I generally enjoy seeing her stick a pin in all those gasbags.  But for Brady - BRADY, of all boneheads, to give her a lecture on behavior is beyond silly.  He doesn't have even a flimsy grasp on how to behave.  He IS good at total body shaving, I'll give him that.  And nothing else.

I'm glad that the baby storyline is kicking into action.  The sooner we see Kristen, the faster we get her out of Salem.  But that poor kid.....you just know Brady will drop him on head first thing.

Oh - I really would like to like Maggie, but it never works out for long.  Bad enough that she basically licks Daniel clean, but then she goes off on Nicole for absolutely no reason.  She's such a prissy phony - all supercilious "good" manners that don't even attempt to mask her backbiting and condescending judgemental attitude.  

I maintain Mickey faked his death to get away from his harpie.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

I am happy that Sonny got his balls back..I was getting tired of sad, weepy and passive Sonny....He seems to be waking up to the type of man that Will has become..I was a bit scared when he told Will that he wanted to trash their apartment..I want Sonny to explode on Will...I am not saying that he should beat him up..I would not mind a few shoves here and there..lol...I want Will to keep poking the crazy..I know that some people want Sparkle to give Will a beat down..If he keeps it up, it might be Sonny...I have never seen Sonny imply violence with Will..He is really at his breaking point. On top of that, I am pretty sure he is sexually frustrated as well..I doubt he and Will are having sex....lol