Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The problem with this show is that the writers are no longer willing to take time and effort into writing actual love stories. And that IS what is killing soaps. For example: Will sleeping with Sparkle was nonsensical because there was no buildup to it and it actually destroyed the character of Will making him despicable, cold and selfish. He betrayed his husband for his career.  A man who loves him unconditionally and who is there for him and his daughter. I hope he loses his job over this.....

• Love 3
(edited)

Ken Corday like so many other soap show runners is completely out of touch with the fans, and he does not care.  He has had popular actors/characters leaving the show for years, and he does not care.  He believes all the characters, and their portrayers are interchangeable and replaceable.  Which is why all the characters, at some point, end up being written OOC.

I thought what they did to Sami with the cheating, having her get together with EJ, and then having her end her revenge to get back together with the despicable jerk was bad.  Now they are doing the same kinds of things to Will, Theresa, Nicole, and Eve.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

Corday has said days is not written for the fans so it is being written for Corday and his enjoyment.

Pretty soon he will be the only one watching it so I hope he enjoys.

I don't understand that man's thought process at all. It is like he doesn't even realize that he is in a dying genre. Like there are tens of millions of fans and Days can afford to lose a few hundred thousand or even a million here or there. Does he not realize that just a mere 25 years ago daytime was littered with soaps (like over a dozen+) and they had 2-3 times the audience and now, they are down to 4 soaps and Days is at the bottom of the barrel in dead last place week after week after week?

To the extent that Corday is saying that story shouldn't be driven by fan campaigns and shippers I agree. The writers job is tell the most compelling story and do to so in a way that incorporates history and doesn't have characters acting OOC all the day time just to get them from point A to point B. However, that story should be crafted with the thought of entertaining the watcher.

• Love 5
(edited)

More mansplaining from Daniel?? Jennifer and Daniel are still having this conversation?

I wasn't sure if I was accidentally watching yesterday's episode today over again...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
(edited)

Number one rule of writing, soap or otherwise, write good character driven SLs.  All characters are not the same, and don't treat them as such.  Don't let the fans dictate story, but don't ignore them either.

And a rule for the new changing times - Don't go on social media baiting the fans, arguing with them, or telling them they are to stupid to understand the story.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

More mansplaining on Daniel?? Jennifer and Daniel are still having this conversation?

I wasn't sure if I was accidentally watching yesterday's episode today over again...

Apparently there are no patients that need to be sexed and the hospital doesn't need any PR.

• Love 6
(edited)

Did raccoon Jen really tell Dan she doesn't won't to be friends with him anymore if he won't keep JJ's secret? Are you kidding me? How old are these people? My goodness, both of these rodents need to be murdered. 

5158.jpg

Jen's darkside

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

I realize Jennifer is a narcissist with delusions of grandeur, but exactly how would Daniel telling Paige the truth destroy JENNIFER? I honestly don't understand it.

I don't even wanna be your friend anymore -- did anyone else flash to the commercial with the old lady who posted her pictures on her wall? "That's not how this works" "I unfriend you" "That's not how any of this works!" And how creepy was Jennifer smarming all over Paige? Ew

Curse you show, for making me be on Daniel's side! I agree with previous posters that he wasn't the most effective person to say the things that Jennifer desperately needs to hear. But everydamnthing he said was true.

• Love 5

Well if Corday believes that, then he needs to change the way he thinks because Days is last in everything. Viewers can send his ass right into cancellation if he keeps up with that mindset. Cause his way of writing isn't working if your last in everything.

• Love 3

Did I really hear Daniel tell Nicole that she needs to learn to respect him?!?

#### that shitty bastard. I honestly don't know if I can make it another five months with trash like Dingy Dan the dipshit doc lecturing, demanding unearned respect, and being a nosy hypocrite. I officially hate him more than GH's Spinelli.

• Love 5

I thought that Show had some good scenes today.  Good, stand-alone scenes.  Only problem there is Show should have NO stand-alone scenes!  Show needs to connect to characters in a consistent way, all the time.  So while I appreciated some of what I saw today, most of it I'd already heard before and there was NO reason to have us hear it again.

My favorite part of Show today was when Theresa was torturing JJ at the clothing sale and asked him if got his hair cut at the Barber's College.  Good line.

Also, Brady and his "big surprise" for Mel.  It appears that Bonehead has NOT learned that he can't just bully everyone into doing things his way, since he planned a freakin' OVERNIGHT trip for Mel and then tried to guilt her into doing it because HE wanted it?  And then it's cancelled because he's on the phone with China.  Yeah, sure......You all know that Victor is paying someone at Titan to call Brady and pretend he's doing business with China.  Idiot grandson does not get smarter.

Did I really hear Daniel tell Nicole that she needs to learn to respect him?!?

#### that shitty bastard. I honestly don't know if I can make it another five months with trash like Dingy Dan the dipshit doc lecturing, demanding unearned respect, and being a nosy hypocrite. I officially hate him more than GH's Spinelli.

So if Nicole has to respect Dan, then can she also drive a shiv in his gasbag of a loudmouth too?  He has treated Nicole like garbage for weeks now, so I was thrilled to see her FINALLY buy a clue and tell him goodbye.  I hope Zander isn't that bad of a guy, or that at least she has some fun before it all goes to hell.  But if Show has Dan "rescue" her after the way he's treated her, then Show will owe me a new tv because my foot will be in the old one.

And yep, worse than Spinelli.  As odious as Spinelli is, at least he's not on every day.

I realize Jennifer is a narcissist with delusions of grandeur, but exactly how would Daniel telling Paige the truth destroy JENNIFER? I honestly don't understand it.

I don't even wanna be your friend anymore -- did anyone else flash to the commercial with the old lady who posted her pictures on her wall? "That's not how this works" "I unfriend you" "That's not how any of this works!" And how creepy was Jennifer smarming all over Paige? Ew

Curse you show, for making me be on Daniel's side! I agree with previous posters that he wasn't the most effective person to say the things that Jennifer desperately needs to hear. But everydamnthing he said was true.

This is where it gets hard.  Real hard.  While Dan is right, he's so awful at being right that I find myself wanting Jenn to beat him to death with the nearest object.  And while I detest Dan, I also want Jenn to pay for all the crap she's pulled.

What surprised me today was the intelligence in Dan's dissection of JJ's situation.  It was as if Show was READING THIS BOARD AND EVERYTHING YOU ALL HAVE WRITTEN.  Because we sure as hell haven't seen that sort of thought put into this before now.

5158.jpg

Jen's darkside

Isn't it remarkable how Jenn's dark side looks so much like Dan's back side?

• Love 5
(edited)

Dan's backside has its own TEETH? Yikes! That's not a sexy surprise, Doctor.

Of course China is calling Brady -- his head is the second collection of rocks, after the Great Wall, big enough to be visible from space. They're obviously doing some repairs.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

I was just watching an old episode of Wilson back when Chandler was in the role and Sonny clearly said that he has never loved anybody like he loves Will...Clearly Paul is a retcon and the hatchet job done on the character of Will was clearly mandated by Corday to make him a more worthy partner for Sonny...The systematic destruction of Will and Sonny's love story -- as well as Will and, to a somewhat lesser extent, Sonny, by turning them both into completely different characters -- since August of 2014, still going on to this day with no end in sight. I would not be surprised if that was a factor of Freddie's decision to leave the show....

• Love 2

Dan's backside has its own TEETH? Yikes! That's not a sexy surprise, Doctor.

You just sort of KNOW he has a worse hemorroid problem than most.....always in such a bad mood, and he walks so funny.....

• Love 1

Raccoons are way cuter and more self-aware than Jennifer Rose Horton.  They totally own being selfish little thugs.  Jennifer can't admit to anyone, much less herself, that she has taken perverse delight in having her heel on Eve's neck.  None of this is about JJ's happiness or protecting Paige from the horrible actions of her mother.  It's all about Jennifer.

5158.jpg

Jen's darkside

• Love 4

Raccoons are pretty cute. Jenn's a raccoon harpy freak show beast hybrid though. Maybe it happened after she was abducted by aliens and hey impregnated her with Abigail.

Ugh. If she and JJ want Dan to mind his damn business fine! But don't go running to him for help all the fucking time or bitching about their problems or treat him like he's some same town hero life coach.

Lol my stepdad was going to get a haircut and shave. I just pictured the old man barber getting between his legs and sitting on his lap giggling coyly as he shaved him, the way AssCole did Dan.

• Love 3

....I was just watching an old episode of Wilson back when Chandler was in the role and Sonny clearly said that he has never loved anybody like he loves Will...

You must be new to watching soaps. It's fairly routine for Character A to bleat out undying, everlasting, all-consuming, never-felt-before love to Character B.  Only to discover that those feelings change when they meet Character C. Or that those feelings existed for Character D years before.  Nearly every single romantic couple had a lost love pop-up, usually belonging to the one person who hasn't been on the show canvas since birth.  Will Horton can't really have much of a hidden past, but Jackson had 20+ years off-screen, romancing the dudes, living life, and falling in love/lust.

As a 50-year-old gay man who has been out of the closet for over three decades, I have known plenty of gay guys who swear undying love and devotion to their latest paramour, conveniently forgetting they said the exact same words to someone else two weeks/months/years ago.  Same could be said for my straight uncle, who went through 7 wives in under 4 decades.

I'm sad that Freddie is leaving. And I loathe recasts. (Deborah Adair is still the only legit Kate Roberts to me).  For most of his run, Jackson Kiriakis was given little to do, other than to fall in love with a newly-out, inexperienced rookie gay, who has zilch exposure to the gay world and even less exposure to stable long-term romantic relationships.  

As for Will, do we really forget that his mother walked down the aisle nearly a dozen times?  Or that his maternal grandmother had true, devoted, undying love for THREE men (Don/Roman/John) in the space of a decade?  Or that his paternal grandmother went from single mom to hooker to aging blue haired hussy? Or that his parents/aunts/uncles went through every geometric romantic entanglement possible while he was growing up?

It's totally believable that Will would stray.  Even moreso in SoapWorld Salem.  

• Love 5
(edited)

You must be new to watching soaps. It's fairly routine for Character A to bleat out undying, everlasting, all-consuming, never-felt-before love to Character B.  Only to discover that those feelings change when they meet Character C. Or that those feelings existed for Character D years before.  Nearly every single romantic couple had a lost love pop-up, usually belonging to the one person who hasn't been on the show canvas since birth.  Will Horton can't really have much of a hidden past, but Jackson had 20+ years off-screen, romancing the dudes, living life, and falling in love/lust.

As a 50-year-old gay man who has been out of the closet for over three decades, I have known plenty of gay guys who swear undying love and devotion to their latest paramour, conveniently forgetting they said the exact same words to someone else two weeks/months/years ago.  Same could be said for my straight uncle, who went through 7 wives in under 4 decades.

I'm sad that Freddie is leaving. And I loathe recasts. (Deborah Adair is still the only legit Kate Roberts to me).  For most of his run, Jackson Kiriakis was given little to do, other than to fall in love with a newly-out, inexperienced rookie gay, who has zilch exposure to the gay world and even less exposure to stable long-term romantic relationships.  

As for Will, do we really forget that his mother walked down the aisle nearly a dozen times?  Or that his maternal grandmother had true, devoted, undying love for THREE men (Don/Roman/John) in the space of a decade?  Or that his paternal grandmother went from single mom to hooker to aging blue haired hussy? Or that his parents/aunts/uncles went through every geometric romantic entanglement possible while he was growing up?

I have been watching soaps for a long time and I  know when a story is poorly written. This infidelity story is is out of character and stupid. Will could not even articulate his reasons for cheating to Sonny. Even the actor who plays Will was perplexed by this storyline because it came out of nowhere with no buildup...I bet you it was Corday's idea to make Will cheat instead of Sonny to give us a shocking twist..It would have made more sense for Sonny to cheat with Sparkle because of their past and let's not forget all of the plot contrivances with Will being distant in California with their daughter. Even if Sonny had been the cheater, I would have considered it be out of character as well.. At least, there would have been a foundation to it, established by these stupid writers..

Neither Will nor Sonny would ever put Arianna's home life in jeopardy over a cheap and tawdry affair. Especially Will who has always dreamt of having a perfect family even before he came out as Gay. He always wanted to be better than his parents and was willing to give up his parental rights over his own daughter to ensure that she would not have any type of instability in her life..Sami's cheating was also out of character, infidelity was one line that she would not cross. Even Alison Sweeney who has always been a team player on Days, objected to that storyline..Cheating for the sake of cheating is not compelling drama...

When Marlena cheated on Roman with John, it made sense because of their unresolved feelings for each other and it was years in the making..John was married to Isabella and had Brady while Marlena went back to Roman and the kids because it was expected of them by everybody..The fallout from their affair was felt for years and it gave rise to Sami the scheming vixen...That affair while distasteful was character driven, while Will's affair was purely plot driven and served to get people to hate Will and make Sparkle more palatable. John and Marlena did not become an actual couple until years later after their affair in the Titan conference room...

John E. Reilly may have had his faults as a writer, but he always good at using history to write character driven stories..I will never forget after the events of Maison Blanche, Roman saw the videotape of Marlena offering herself sexually to Stefano to save John's life. Seeing that tape made Roman realize the depth of Marlena's feelings for John and he left town soon after that.....My heart broke for him. That  cheating storyline made everybody sympathetic, including the cheaters...I feel nothing but revulsion for Will, and I am a Will fan...What does that say about these writers  and their poisonous pens...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think any character on a soap has potential to  stray, but I think a better story could have been written to show how Will strayed.  Or at least a story that made Will look less stupid while straying -- I think that's been done on tv shows before (i.e making a character look not quite as dumb as Will when he or she decides to cheat).  Even if you're not empathetic or sympathetic to a character's cheating it's at least possible for the writers to not make the audience think the character is the dumbest person you've ever seen in the universe, barring Brady, while watching him stray. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I used to say Brady was to stupid to live.  Now in order to move the SLs along, half of the characters are either to stupid to live, pathetic doormats, or despicable jerks.  It is not helping that the writers try to claim the despicable jerks are the good guys while the pathetic doormats who get walked all over are supposedly the bad guys.

Soaps have forgotten that there is a difference between a slow build to a payoff and fall out, and everyone having the same scenes and conversations over and over and over again.  They should look up clips on You Tube of the Prometheus Disk SL that GH did back in the 1980s.  That SL involved Robert, Holly, Luke, Grant, Celia, doctors at the hospital, WSB agents, DVX agents, the Quartermaines, etc.  Small pieces were revealed over time, and Robert Scorpio was a competent kickass police commissioner.  I refuse to acknowledge what the writers did to Robert, Holly, Luke, Laura in the 2000s.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think any character on a soap has potential to  stray, but I think a better story could have been written to show how Will strayed.  Or at least a story that made Will look less stupid while straying -- I think that's been done on tv shows before (i.e making a character look not quite as dumb as Will when he or she decides to cheat).  Even if you're not empathetic or sympathetic to a character's cheating it's at least possible for the writers to not make the audience think the character is the dumbest person you've ever seen in the universe, barring Brady, while watching him stray. 

Exactly...There was no rhyme and reason for Will to cheat and the manner that he did it....It was done to be shocking...It hurt the character of Will in the long run and he has become an interloper in his own marriage...How pathetic! It would have been better for Will to be tempted by a handsome and flirtatious reporter that he worked alongside at the local Newspaper, but, ultimately choose to remain faithful to Sonny. Not all gay men are promiscuous and incapable of being faithful. It could have been a good way for Will to question his reasons for getting married so young and that could have been tied back to his turbulent childhood. Sonny could have become threatened by Will's new found independence and ambitions especially if  it meant that Will would be around handsome and successful men. That could have lead to all types of drama between Wilson..It would have been cool to see the roles being reversed with Sonny being the insecure one and Will reassuring Sonny of his love..What if Sonny wanted to add another child into the mix and Will did not..That could have been a good conflict for them...How can Will refuse Sonny that desire, when Sonny has been taking care of Arianna, since birth..I can think of so many different scenarios for Wilson, without involving the soap opera trope of cheating....These writers are just incompetent and incapable of giving us compelling drama...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I'm forgiving of anything right now because...guys! Nicole's got a man that's actually into her!  

Yeah, I'm that easy.

JJ is on my shit list right now, though, for being an ass to Theresa. Maybe no one will ever love Theresa, but she didn't sleep with her girlfriend's mom and is now conspiring to keep it a secret. I hope Theresa laughs in his face when that all comes out. I know she gives more than she gets in the mean department, but when Eve (EVE!!) is the closest thing she has to an ally (where's Anne, anyway?), I can't blame Theresa for being bitter.

• Love 5
(edited)

Under certain circumstances, characters can cheat, but the SL has to be developed.  Some characters are more likely to cheat then others are. 

On AMC, Nina cheating on Cliff was shocking, but the writers did a good job of developing the SL.  Nina had married Cliff when she was just 18, he was her only serious relationship, and she started to question whether she had missed out on a lot of things.  Nina also had a father (Palmer Courtland) who was extremely possessive and controlling, who had always objected to her relationship with Cliff, and Nina had gone from being the good dutiful daughter to being the good dutiful wife.  She was never her own person.  In the end, Nina’s affair ended her marriage, she realized she had already had what she really wanted, and she lost it.  Over time Steve (the man Nina had the affair with) realized he was a distant second choice to Cliff.  Eventually Nina and Cliff reconciled.

Tad Martin (also AMC) was a serial cheater.  Tom Cudahy cheated on two of his wives, but he was a completely different kind of man than Tad was.  It’s all in the writing.

I don’t believe Sonny and Will are the cheating type.  I don’t believe Sami would ever have cheated.  Sami cheating on Rafe was one of the most OOC stupid SLs the writers ever did.  It went completely against the character’s 20 year history.

I can easily see EJ cheating because he’s done it before, he’s very arrogant and selfish, and even when he claims to love someone, he still orders them around, tries to control them, and doesn’t like it if they don’t fall in line with what he wants.  However, I don’t believe EJ would have cheated the way it was shown.  If they had gone with what EJ felt for Sami was only obsession.  That what Sami claimed for years, which was EJ didn’t love her, he just wanted to possess and control her, was true.  That would have made more sense.  It was the thrill of the chase, and not having Sami that drove EJ.  Once he had the object of his obsession, he got tired of not being able to control Sami, and her challenging him.  He wanted someone easy who would stroke his ego.  It was never love that EJ felt for Sami.  That would have made more sense than the I love Sami more than my own live, but I'll still lie to her cheat on her ruin her life every chance I get.  The last scene Sami should have had with EJ should have been at the jail.  After Sami and Kate got control of DE, they got the board to sell CW to Sami (she used money that was stashed in one of EJ’s off shore accounts), and Sami gave complete control of DE to Kate.  Sami moved to Chicago with the children before EJ ever got out of jail.  EJ gets divorce papers from Sami a few days before he is killed in the park.  EJ was plotting revenge against Sami when he was killed.

This entire cheating SL with JJ/Eve makes less and less sense, and Dannifer look way worse than JJ and Eve do at this point.  Dan had some valid points, but I still detest him.  Dan doesn’t deserve Nicole’s or anyone else’s respect.  And I don't like a lot of the things Nicole has done, I hate the doormat they have turned her into, but she is still better than Dan.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

Under certain circumstances, characters can cheat, but the SL has to be developed.  Some characters are more likely to cheat then others are. 

On AMC, Nina cheating on Cliff was shocking, but the writers did a good job of developing the SL.  Nina had married Cliff when she was just 18, he was her only serious relationship, and she started to question whether she had missed out on a lot of things.  Nina also had a father (Palmer Courtland) who was extremely possessive and controlling, who had always objected to her relationship with Cliff, and Nina had gone from being the good dutiful daughter to being the good dutiful wife.  She was never her own person.  In the end, Nina’s affair ended her marriage, she realized she had already had what she really wanted, and she lost it.  Over time Steve (the man Nina had the affair with) realized he was a distant second choice to Cliff.  Eventually Nina and Cliff reconciled.

Tad Martin (also AMC) was a serial cheater.  Tom Cudahy cheated on two of his wives, but he was a completely different kind of man than Tad was.  It’s all in the writing.

I don’t believe Sonny and Will are the cheating type.  I don’t believe Sami would ever have cheated.  Sami cheating on Rafe was one of the most OOC stupid SLs the writers ever did.  It went completely against the character’s 20 year history.

I can easily see EJ cheating because he’s done it before, he’s very arrogant and selfish, and even when he claims to love someone, he still orders them around, tries to control them, and doesn’t like it if they don’t fall in line with what he wants.  However, I don’t believe EJ would have cheated the way it was shown.  If they had gone with what EJ felt for Sami was only obsession.  That what Sami claimed for years, which was EJ didn’t love her, he just wanted to possess and control her, was true.  That would have made more sense.  It was the thrill of the chase, and not having Sami that drove EJ.  Once he had the object of his obsession, he got tired of not being able to control Sami, and her challenging him.  He wanted someone easy who would stroke his ego.  It was never love that EJ felt for Sami.  That would have made more sense than the I love Sami more than my own live, but I'll still lie to her cheat on her ruin her life every chance I get.  The last scene Sami should have had with EJ should have been at the jail.  After Sami and Kate got control of DE, they got the board to sell CW to Sami (she used money that was stashed in one of EJ’s off shore accounts), and Sami gave complete control of DE to Kate.  Sami moved to Chicago with the children before EJ ever got out of jail.  EJ gets divorce papers from Sami a few days before he is killed in the park.  EJ was plotting revenge against Sami when he was killed.

This entire cheating SL with JJ/Eve makes less and less sense, and Dannifer look way worse than JJ and Eve do at this point.  Dan had some valid points, but I still detest him.  Dan doesn’t deserve Nicole’s or anyone else’s respect.  And I don't like a lot of the things Nicole has done, I hate the doormat they have turned her into, but she is still better than Dan.

Your post is awesome...I agreed with everything that you wrote...

(edited)

So many DOOL dreams came true today!

You are so right.. Welcome Home Alex...He is a Kiriakis and he needs to help Sonny find his inner Kiriakis in dealing with Sparkle and Sneasel. I don't like seeing my Sonny weak...Where are the twins? They need to come back as well... Zoe is a cold bitch and she and Sneasel are made for each other..They would do anything for a story..Will is so stupid, selfish and pathetic..Dr Tan is an awful busybody and Eve is disgusting..JJ is still cool, but Paige is clueless...Nicole is awesome and she needs to take a ride on the Alex train..That man is delicious, even Theresa thought so....Victor is awesome and Will needed to hear that, even though the stupid little shit, still does not get the magnitude of what he did to Sonny..I hope big brother Alex have some choice words for him....I want to see Alex interact with his niece Arianna....Philip  needs to come back.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)

Xander Kiriakis is in the building y'all!

Theresa & Victor are on my MVP list today. Victor for dragging Will for filth and Theresa for dropping dime on Nicole having a hot new man and rubbing Dan's nose in it. Bwah!!!! Dan thought he had the only dirty D in town.

What an embarrassment of riches. I didn't expect to get Xanicole again today plus Victor/Will. Blessings. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 7

JJ is on my shit list right now, though, for being an ass to Theresa. Maybe no one will ever love Theresa, but she didn't sleep with her girlfriend's mom and is now conspiring to keep it a secret. I hope Theresa laughs in his face when that all comes out. I know she gives more than she gets in the mean department, but when Eve (EVE!!) is the closest thing she has to an ally (where's Anne, anyway?), I can't blame Theresa for being bitter.

I feel the same way. JJ is heading for a big fall, and I hope Theresa is there to gloat about it. Before yesterday, I would NOT have said that -- I have huge sympathy for JJ -- but what he said to Theresa was completely beyond the pale.

I just can't help it -- I love Theresa. I remember what I was like at that age -- a lot angrier and crazier than I am now, with far fewer people skills (not that I'm Stephen Covey now) -- and my heart goes out to her. I know what it's like to always think and say the wrong thing, to have no filter, and to be so angry all the time that you take it out on everyone around you. I would like for someone to see beneath her exterior and be able to draw out the person inside -- not a quick character change, but an organic one that takes place over time.

Still thinking about what Dan said to Jennifer (I know, shoot me, right?) about JJ's going back to Eve again and again being scary. It is a completely different situation than a one-time screwup, and it really does make a sensible person question if he belongs in a committed relationship with anyone, let alone a young, very innocent virgin. Jennifer should have never tried to get them back together -- and how weirdly insightful of Dan to realize that was *her* plan, not JJ's.

Looking forward to Dan vs Eve -- hoping for some fireworks. And I need to see what's going on with Sonny (his emotional state) and Will (his hopefully destroyed career). When are they back onscreen?

• Love 6

I can't wait to see Alex interact with his his parents, Sonny, Will, Arianna. I wonder will they bring back Anjelica to cause trouble...Alex gets his ruthless side from his biological mom and Justin....I want to see Alex interact with his uncle Steve and  uncle Jack who was once his stepbrother via his biological mother..I am really excited about this plot twist....

• Love 3
(edited)

oh Victor how I love thee some days. Putting Sneasel in his place was an absolute joy to watch. Pity he's too dumb to take it seriously. Really Will, now you're threating your grandma for your slutty problems?

I gotta hand it to Sonny and to an extent Marlena. They showed remarkable restraint when that bitch editor( and as usual Freddie showed how good he is. I could see the barely contained rage in his eyes). All I could think was she's lucky it's not Kate (calling Mar "Granny" really lady?) then she'd be a blood stain on the wall. Please somehow let Victor find out about this so he can promptly fire her ass. That bitch has no integrity let alone any social skills.

YES!! Xander is actually Alexander Kiriakis!! Now I just demand a couple of things. First we have a very touching reunion between Xander and his little brother followed by a very pissed off Xander confronting his brother in law and telling him that he's the one to be very afraid of for messing with his family. Then when the Sneasel tries to worm his way out of it (blaming other people but himself as usual), Xander responds by slamming him against a wall and threating to cut off his "pride and joy" if you know what I mean.....

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 9
(edited)

oh Victor how I love thee some days. Putting Sneasel in his place was an absolute joy to watch. Pity he's too dumb to take it seriously. Really Will, now you're threating your grandma for your slutty problems?

I gotta hand it to Sonny and to an extent Marlena. They showed remarkable restraint when that bitch editor( and as usual Freddie showed how good he is. I could see the barely contained rage in his eyes). All I could think was she's lucky it's not Kate then she'd be a blood stain on the wall. Please somehow let Victor find out about this so he can promptly fire her ass. That bitch has no integrity let alone any social skills.

YES!! Xander is actually Alexander Kiriakis!! Now I just demand a couple of things. First we have a very touching reunion between Xander and his little brother followed by a very pissed off Xander confronting his brother in law and telling him that he's the one to be very afraid of for messing with his family. Then when the Sneasel tries to worm his way out of it (blaming other people but himself as usual), Xander responds by slamming him against a wall and threating to cut off his "pride and joy" if you know what I mean.....

I want Alex to threaten Will..I am sure that he saw how hurt Sonny was, when he went to see him a few weeks ago....I want the twins to come back and give Will the stink eye as well..Perhaps Joseph will be nicer to Will, while Victor Jr will be just like Victor....lol...Will still does not get it..it is very  disappointing as a Will fan....The twins are fraternal twins...Does anybody know if their Biological parents are alive? I remember that they worked for Victor as as maid and butler for the Kiriakis mansion... Adrienne was having trouble conceiving and it was hard for her to accept Alex at first....Sonny was her miracle baby after miscarrying and named him after her beloved brothers...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Re JJ and Theresa's confrontation yesterday -- I don't blame him for taking the opportunity to stick it to Theresa (and I'm a very nice person, I swear). Let's not forget how she toyed with him when she was first on the show, or how mean she's been to his family. Not that JJ showed pretty behavior in that scene, but I really don't mind someone who Theresa did wrong in the past giving her a taste of her own medicine. Theresa can take it. 

So Xander's been around town for days and hasn't checked in with his family? Happy to hear that the Hunky Henchman is in for the long term, but it's weird that he hasn't looked up Sonny or even Adrienne. 

Apprentice -- oh, I'd love if Jane Elliott returned as Angelica! Maybe that's why Wally Kurth has signed a contract. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I think Victor having Will kidnapped at gun point and threatening him is just a ploy to make him look even worse (to the people of Salem) when it comes out why Sonny was stabbed. I imagine both things will be exposed around the same time. So Sonny will be pissed at Victor for provoking Clyde into having him stabbed and he'll be pissed that he threatened Will. Kate will be pissed about what he did to Will and then she'll hate him for stabbing her in the bag figuratively when he sold her out to Stefano. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

I think Victor having Will kidnapped at gun point and threatening him is just a ploy to make him look even worse (to the people of Salem) when it comes out why Sonny was stabbed. I imagine both things will be exposed around the same time. So Sonny will be pissed at Victor for provoking Clyde into having him stabbed and he'll be pissed that he threatened Will. Kate will be pissed about what he did to Will and then she'll hate him for stabbing her in the bag figuratively when he sold her out to Stefano. 

I  think the show is determined to make Will so awful that when Sonny gives in to Sparkle, he will not look bad in comparison....Victor is not going to really suffer for what he did to Will...I want to see Alex with his family stat....I am just sad that Sonny will be leaving soon....

(edited)

Victor would approve of any of his loved one with Saint Abigail.

Notice Victor today did not say Will was like his cousin, the side piece but compared him with his mother.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1
(edited)

I called it.  Xander is short for Alexander.

More bashing of Sami who is no longer in Salem.  Give it a rest Corday.  Will is not like Sami.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

"Xander" has been in town for all this time, and not only has he not checked in with his family, Sonny either didn't know about it, or never mentioned that his brother was in town (or coming to town, or something)? Yeah, that doesn't happen, show.

To say nothing of the fact that the elder Kiriakis brother is suddenly using a short form of his name that nobody has used for him before? That really never happens, show.

• Love 3

I thought I would like Zoe but writers are turning her into a pill. She just bangs on Sonny's door and starts to insult RoboMar and then says Sneasel sleeping with Sparkles is the best thing that could have happened. Right in front of Sonny, what a damn heartless bitch. So much for her character. 

Tell him Victor, he needs a good talking to and Sneasel knows damn well not to talk back. Can you believe Sneasel when he seen the photo of Sonny & Sparkles he's more worried about that than anything else. Victor basically shut him down. 

Dark Roast once again gets on his high horse around Suddenly Southern. Dark Roast is just an annoying asshole. His character just grates and he thinks that he can just threaten Eve with that final warning nonsense. We can put an end to that with one bullet. Well since he's Super Fart we might have to have some kryptonite or something.

Xander is related to Victor, so I see they plan on keeping him long term. I guess it's only so Dark Roast can save Nicole from big bad Kiriakis. Guess they needed someone to fill a Kiriakis shoes now that sexy FS is leaving.

• Love 3

To say nothing of the fact that the elder Kiriakis brother is suddenly using a short form of his name that nobody has used for him before? That really never happens, show.

I guess he got the idea from Theresa/Jeannie.

• Love 2
(edited)

"Xander" has been in town for all this time, and not only has he not checked in with his family, Sonny either didn't know about it, or never mentioned that his brother was in town (or coming to town, or something)? Yeah, that doesn't happen, show.

My sister goes by a shortened form of her name that none of our family ever calls her, so that doesn't bother me. She didn't adopt it until she was well into adulthood, and it still feels weird to me to hear people call her by the shortened form.

And, Sonny's been a little preoccupied, so I give him a pass on not mentioning that his brother is in town. It's only been a few Salem-days, hasn't it? 

Now I'm scared. I hope that he's legitimately interested in Nicole and it's not some revenge plot. Because now that I've gotten something I want, Show will surely take something else away. 

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 2

Well, I guess I can't say it never happens, but I've never encountered it before, and it certainly felt like a plot-generated misterioso touch before before my forum-mates gave their examples. Who says the show's not educational?

• Love 3
(edited)

Xander is Alex like i've been hoping for, Xander has the hots for Nicole, like I've been hoping for, Sonny is catching on, like I've been hoping for, and Paul will know the truth soon, like I've been hoping for. It's a good day to be a fan.

Oh yeah, my required Will post: 1. What the hell are you wearing, 2. Listen to what Victor is saying, 3. I laughed so hard at the pic being Paulson. So. Freaking. Hard, 4. Your marriage is over

I love how Victor started off angry but then tried to talk some sense into Will. Too bad more persistent knockers have already tried, Vic.

Sonny is the flashback detective king. If he leaves, Salem's IQ points drop back down to the single digits

Edited by chassiecrane
  • Love 6