Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/8/2021 at 7:30 AM, Nicmar said:

they have this paper sounding bags hat covered in some of fabric that the cat can into and play or what not. I saw them at Petsmart and they come in patterns. they are called cat sack toys. https://www.petsmart.com/cat/toys/tunnels/whisker-city-meow-crinkle-sack-cat-toy-43057.html?cgid=200504

That looks cute, but my cats have always loved the regular paper grocery sacks (and my late Louis was always determined to get inside *before* I finished unloading the groceries so I learned to put the sacks up on the counter until I had finished emptying them and then putting one down for the eagerly awaiting cat to jump into), and they only cost 10 cents :)

• Love 2

My cats don't like noisy toys. Crinkly paper balls, bells on toys, noisy bags, it's all a big

"I don't care".

The latest, I saw Scully fake-jumping around/attacking something. I thought it was an ant.

Instead, it was a dried-up piece of carrot. She loves that thing. And she's not a cat who plays a lot by herself.

I just found Fox like this while I was on the phone. 

PXL_20211009_184208166.jpg

Edited by supposebly
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, smittykins said:

I saw that earlier on Twitter. Actually I also lost a friend there named Sqweek and someone else lost their cute kitty Peanut. It’s been a sad day of loss. Makes me hug my two a little bit tighter. This is my BB who is sad today and expressing his condolences  😿B73C2D25-3D16-4675-A73D-865C12DC94DA.thumb.jpeg.40433fde7c36b5ee7b25ebc5c7833544.jpeg

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 16
19 hours ago, supposebly said:

My cats don't like noisy toys. Crinkly paper balls, bells on toys, noisy bags, it's all a big

"I don't care".

The latest, I saw Scully fake-jumping around/attacking something. I thought it was an ant.

Instead, it was a dried-up piece of carrot. She loves that thing. And she's not a cat who plays a lot by herself.

I just found Fox like this while I was on the phone. 

PXL_20211009_184208166.jpg

I just donated ^that rug thingy.  Mine never appreciated the hours contributed to the design and engineering of this life-enriching product. 😼

• Love 3
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I just donated ^that rug thingy.  Mine never appreciated the hours contributed to the design and engineering of this life-enriching product. 😼

One of the things they haven't gotten bored of yet. Although crawling underneath is a new one. Up until now, they would just catch imaginary things that disappear underneath. I'm not sure.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Dang. I can’t shrink my photo to show my two black cat’s snuggling. They never used to when they were younger. They will be 18 later this month. She has begun to lose her hearing and he has started to lose his sight. Now they have become one to guard each other through life. 

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, supposebly said:

They are gorgeous! And I'm sorry, I don't know how to operate a Mac.

It’s an Apple product, but thank you anyway. 

Here’s a great bit of trivia I learned yesterday. Sir Isaac Newton invented the cat flap for his kitty named Spithead. 
78490BD3-CAAB-4E46-8B84-CB085D79A3C4.jpeg.4e5fb27636dd064e4e4ddb3323371756.jpeg

• Love 14
On 10/14/2021 at 10:11 AM, Mindthinkr said:

It’s an Apple product, but thank you anyway. 

Here’s a great bit of trivia I learned yesterday. Sir Isaac Newton invented the cat flap for his kitty named Spithead. 
78490BD3-CAAB-4E46-8B84-CB085D79A3C4.jpeg.4e5fb27636dd064e4e4ddb3323371756.jpeg

Please tell me that's a professional model on a closed set, because if anyone a) has such a rockstar cat, and b) has a wall and gravel (or crushed shells?) that look so perfect, and c) is able to actually take that photo, then, I give up on my life.

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Cosmo and I had a lovely walk in the park this morning for the first time in months! In the summer when the fire crackers started going off he avoided the park like the plague, and I was so sad because he loved the park. (Also less trash there, less chances of him eating random things)

• Love 15

So we have this old cabinet with glass doors in the living room. Today, as my mother closed the doors, one of them fell out and got broken into what must have been a million pieces, as glass does. Thankfully, no one was hurt and I think and hope there are no more pieces that got overlooked. The bright side of it is that just about an hour later, our cat has noticed there is a new place she can rest on:

image.png.1872d322fd0440b7cf1721e40af9a2f9.png

We will have to watch her, because I am worried that she might accidentally push the other half of the door and it might fall out as well, even though that one is not loose like the other one was.

• LOL 15
6 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

So we have this old cabinet with glass doors in the living room. Today, as my mother closed the doors, one of them fell out and got broken into what must have been a million pieces, as glass does. Thankfully, no one was hurt and I think and hope there are no more pieces that got overlooked. The bright side of it is that just about an hour later, our cat has noticed there is a new place she can rest on:

image.png.1872d322fd0440b7cf1721e40af9a2f9.png

We will have to watch her, because I am worried that she might accidentally push the other half of the door and it might fall out as well, even though that one is not loose like the other one was.

Cats are opportunists and never miss one.

• Love 10

Meet the new kids on the block! They adopted me yesterday at my local shelter - the orange boy is Iggy, the tabby girl is Hilda and they are brother and sister, age 2 years and one month. He is twice the size of her but they have identical white noses and their miaows are also the same. They spent the early morning (5 AM to 6:30 AM) racing each other around the house and seemed to have settled in super quickly as my new feline overlord and lady :)

Uh oh - apparently my pics are too big for this site - anyone know how I can reduce the size in order to post?

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, isalicat said:

Uh oh - apparently my pics are too big for this site - anyone know how I can reduce the size in order to post?

I use Photoshop, but I know Paint has a re-size option.  So if you use Windows, that's available to you and might be the easiest way.

Congratulations on the new kitties!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, isalicat said:

anyone know how I can reduce the size in order to post?

We were just talking about this a few days ago. If you have Paint, open the file there and click Resize. Then reduce the size of the photo by 50% (the program usually does it automatically in both horizontal and vertical dimensions). Try again here. If the pic is really large, you may have to reduce it again.

Good luck! Hurry up with those kittens!

• Love 1

I have Paint, I opened the picture within that program and there is no "Resize" button!

Huh, that's odd. Maybe we have two different versions. But you did what you needed anyway, so yay! (You know that if anyone clicks on that photo, it will open in a larger size, yes?)

They're adorable. Nice and comfy on what I assume is your bed--can't ask for better guests than that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, isalicat said:

I have Paint, I opened the picture within that program and there is no "Resize" button! Any other button I should be clicking first? Thanks everyone!

If you are on Windows, it should be right beside the Select button at the top.

Paint did not work but apparently my 'puter comes with some photo editing capability so this is a try...Iggy is twice as big as Hilda but you would never know it from this picture.

cats1.jpg

They do not look like they need an adjustment period!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, isalicat said:

Meet the new kids on the block! They adopted me yesterday at my local shelter - the orange boy is Iggy, the tabby girl is Hilda and they are brother and sister, age 2 years and one month. He is twice the size of her but they have identical white noses and their miaows are also the same. They spent the early morning (5 AM to 6:30 AM) racing each other around the house and seemed to have settled in super quickly as my new feline overlord and lady :)

Congratulations on the new babies!  They look at home already.

• Love 3

F6EDBBF3-CEC9-4BEA-97DB-62605BD270D4.thumb.jpeg.2453c81af1e0404f5a92b3390386fee0.jpeg

Love Boops to all our friends here from BB.
Both my kitties are turning 18 on Halloween (two black cats…weird right?). They will be getting fresh poached fish and all the cuddles they can stand. 

P.S. Their whiskers used to be black, but have turned silver with age. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added postscript.
  • Love 16