Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/20/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

Fred and Danica were adorable on the show today, even though they were awfully rushed.  I don't like to criticize the interviews now, since they are finally being conducted nicely after such a long wait for us.  But I do like to snark (or I wouldn't be here).  I have to admit I wanted to cut right out of the show today, but plugged away at it because I wanted to see Fred and Danica.  So, at 11:54,  on commercial break and they still had not appeared, I thought "they are not going to be on - Whoopi will say "take a little time to....".  So then, they're back.  And it's the two Rosies (if I remember correctly).  And we got maybe, two minutes with them.  It was nice to see Rosie O close the show.  She kind of pretends to not remember what she's supposed to say to close the show, and asks if they are in fact done, and I think she's just deferring to Whoopi at that point, not wishing to step on Whoop's toes (Whoop has become sort of weird lately so I wouldn't blame RO for being careful).

There's one thing I would have liked to see in that interview, but I know they were very rushed.  I won't wait out a whole show again just to see guests I'd like to see now that I know how it works.  More time for infomercials and less time for what I want to see.  I would have liked a little raving over what Danica has done.  She is the published author of four books about mathematics.  The point of her wonderful books is to get girls (and it has worked for guys, too) more confident in themselves so they feel more confident to tackle math, and they also teach math!  I think that's a pretty darn good contribution to young ladies.  When Rosie did rightfully call her a "braniac" and asked her what she had done, she told them, and she was very poised, very smart, and after she told them, instead of saying anything good about it, the interviewer asked "so how do you feel about the dvd coming out?"  What?  NO praise for that?  They seem to have no problem sucking up to celebs who've done way less.  Is she not famous enough?  Is she not Latina?  Sorry for that, but I think we all know that if she were, Rosie P would have hailed her and hailed her and hailed her, and told her "I love you, I love you, I love you" for doing what she has done.  And what she has done is in my opinion an enormous contribution to young girls of all races, colors, creeds and ethnicities, and it does bother me that it was dismissed in that interview today time or no time. 

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/news/recaps/wednesday-october-22-2014

LOL - does anyone recall during Bush One, the inside story of the journalist who entered the WH without a press pass, whenever Barbara Bush was away?  Such stories do have a way of disappearing.  Liberals are too nice about these things.  They have more important fish to fry and I agree - I just wish they had taken the time to fry some of those fish sometimes. 

Yeah, imagine if that were happening right now during this administration.

There'd be hounding and hounding and hounding for calls to resign.  It would be a hunt no witch could ever endure.  There'd be an impeachment, a reputation takedown, and strong unjustified hatred for such a good and hardworking man.  Sad.

Edited by Dreamboat Annie
  • Love 8

Medicine Crow, on 22 Oct 2014 - 1:17 PM, said:

All it proves to me is that she didn't swallow!!! (LOL)

So it wasn't love!... You know the difference between love and lust ;) a spit and a swallow.

 Edited by imjagain, Yest. 4:18 pm.

No, of course it's not love.  And especially not true love.  For it goes... Love sucks...true love swallows.  So..no love there.  Hope y'all don't mind my chiming in on that one.  After all, it is kind of hard to resist. ;)

• Love 4

Having given it a few days, I have to say I do not like this return to form on the set.  The taller table may be more comfortable for the hosts, but the ginormous, bright, moving, mostly orange screen behind them is horribly distracting.  The little cute "living room" nook behind them made it look like they were going for a different feel, and now that's gone.  And... won't Stephen King be offended his book so no longer honored on their fake bookshelf?!

Edited by Earl Is Dead
  • Love 6

I don't like the new look either, I liked the colors better previously and the more cozy feel of the set.  When they were walking around on Monday though, I thought about Ro and bringing in Broadway production numbers, it seems cavernous enough to do that now, whereas I didn't see it before.  We didn't get this weeks cast-offs from DWTS this week though so I didn't get a sense of it (which disappointed me because Allison is one of my favorite television dancers and she's been maligned this season since she's not a traditional ballroom dancer).

• Love 2

Cease and desist on the Monica, Hillary, and Bill talk. Stick to what appeared on the show. This topic is about "The View" and not what happened on other shows. We have removed some posts; this is your final warning. Thank you. 

As a Canadian, I absolutely loved Nicole for repeatedly stating that what happened yesterday (and a couple of days ago in Quebec) was an act of terorrism against Canada, despite what Rosie was repeatedly saying that it might not be. I would think that most people would agree that when someone kills someone for no other than that that person was part of the military and then storm our government building where the Prime Minister was and opens fire, that that person is committing a terorrist act. This wasn't somebody shooting some one because he looked at his girl friend wrong - this was someone who attacked the core of our country. And while the soldiers life is no more important than that of anyone else, the fact remains that it was still a terrorist act.

Where did they hear that the person may have had mental issues? I haven't seen that in any of the reports I have read.

I would like to know what Rosie thinks the US and their allies should do about terrorist group that are beheading and torturing people who have NEVER harmed anybody. I don't think inviting them to discuss politics over a cup of tea would get them anywhere. Their actions show that they can't be reasoned with. I agree with Nicole that presidents don't make the decision to go to war lightly. Rosie makes it sound that the president is waiting for any little infarction to declare war on someone. It's probably even more difficult to make the decision to go to war with a terrorist group because of the knowledge that innocent people (who may be victims themselves) may very well be hurt (or worse).

• Love 8

Thanks for elaborating on my point stillbored.  I don't understand how people can twist a simple situation into something that fits THEIR agenda.  Rosie doesn't like guns!!  I get that!!  But blaming every killing on a deranged shooter is beyond the pale.

• Love 5

While I disagree with what Rosie said about the shooter in Canada I think she is miles ahead of Whoopi in the moderating department. Can we please lose Whoopi and bring on another African-American woman like Aisha Tyler to replace her?

I find Nicolle's mime phobia endearing and her natural reactions to stuff are a sight to behold. I want more of that from all of the hosts even if we as viewers disagree with what they have to say.

Today's show was a delight due to Whoopi's absence.

• Love 9

Personally, I think they should return passports to all the potential ISIS fighters, let them go to Syria or Iraq, and then revoke their passports so they can't come back.  Problem solved!!  No???  Keeping them in Canada is only provoking them to "make a name for themselves" & it's costing our hard-working military their lives.  Two men died this week alone -- one in Quebec & another in Ottawa at the hands of these "jihadists"!!!

• Love 6

Too much of this show is taken up with politics.  I see enough of that elsewhere and I find myself wanting something lighter from daytime TV.  I do like Rosie O and Nicolle, not so sure about Perez and I am getting tired of angry Whoppi.  

Maybe I'm not seeing the obvious, but I just don't understand how Rosie's Gandhi-style passive resistance or response to terrorism is supposed to work in reality. She's very good at cheerleading on behalf of unnamed alternatives, but because she leaves them unnamed -- on The View, at any rate -- she leaves me wondering if any such alternatives really exist.

I do agree wholeheartedly with Rosie that Chrissy Teigen's tweet was a bulls eye and with Nicolle that Obama does not deploy our military lightly.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 8

Wow, losing two of the cohosts, especially Whoopi, in one show really shows how much this show could and would be different if Rosie was the moderator today.  There was a lot of tension b/t Rosie and Nicole today over the Ottawa shootings.  I love that they both have a passion for facts here, but this so took me back to the days of Rosie and Elisabeth, to a degree of course.  I want Rosie to be the moderator again, but not if it means her views/ideas should be the main consensus of the show.

• Love 3

Damn, I am actually starting to be pissed off again when I miss a day of seeing the show.  That has not happened in many, many years!  Can a fellow Canadian help me out and let me know if there is somewhere online where I can catch daily clips of the show?  Damn You ABC for "restricting" me to watch your stupid show online.

• Love 1

There was a lot of tension b/t Rosie and Nicole today over the Ottawa shootings.  I love that they both have a passion for facts here, but this so took me back to the days of Rosie and Elisabeth, to a degree of course.  I want Rosie to be the moderator again, but not if it means her views/ideas should be the main consensus of the show.

At least it made the show interesting! Without this, it has the potential to get dull. Rosie O. has been too quiet until today.

No infomercials too. Those are the biggest waste of time and need to go.

• Love 5

Sorry Cementhead, I tape the 9:00 & 11:00 shows (downstairs) & watch the 9:00 a.m. show in my kitchen.  I've never watched the show on-line, but I expect there may be clips of the exchange between RO & Nicolle because of how vehement it was.

• Love 2

Cementhead

42 minutes ago

Damn, I am actually starting to be pissed off again when I miss a day of seeing the show.  That has not happened in many, many years!  Can a fellow Canadian help me out and let me know if there is somewhere online where I can catch daily clips of the show?  Damn You ABC for "restricting" me to watch your stupid show online.

Hi fellow Canadian! You can catch the video on CTV.ca It will not likely be posted until later tonight or tomorrow :(

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 2

So it's Thursday & RO has three days to figure out how she addresses all the angry Canadians (see The View on Facebook) who are threatening to boycott the show.  Personally, I can't believe that someone her age with all her life experiences, can be so naive & uninformed.  For someone that is so knowledgeable about so many aspects of life, her blind (& uninformed) opposition to guns & war is appalling.  Just sayin'.

• Love 2

There was a lot of tension b/t Rosie and Nicole today over the Ottawa shootings.  I love that they both have a passion for facts here, but this so took me back to the days of Rosie and Elisabeth, to a degree of course.  I want Rosie to be the moderator again, but not if it means her views/ideas should be the main consensus of the show.

There was some tension but in what I thought was a much more respectful back and forth, where Nicolle went out of her way to acknowledge Ro's opinion, as out of the mainstream as it may be.

Ro with her heart on her sleeve again, but yeah, I'm not sure what her solution to ISIL is.  To me though, ISIL is evil incarnate but I agree with Ro there is evil in many places and not just the Middle East.

It wasn't as established when the show taped this morning that there was a connection between the shooter and jihadists, but those ties seem to be coming together as the day goes on.  Perhaps Ro can find some saving grace in that for Monday.  Problem is, it appears he's of the pattern, disillusioned, run ins with the law, drugs, converts to Islam and then gets radicalized (believe me I know, 2 from my kids' high school, how does that happen?).  So it does in fact appear to be an act of terrorism.

• Love 6

I find Nicolle's mime phobia endearing and her natural reactions to stuff are a sight to behold.

I think it's kind of cruel the way they keep doing that to her.  Tom Bergeron said her hands were indeed shaking.  It is a phobia, not just a dislike of mimes.  This is not something for them to tease her with for their amusement.  I have a phobia about water/swimming.  I had a friend who pushed me in the pool once.  

• Love 4

This whole deal with ISIS is really complicated.... first off I dont like the term terrorist or terrorist act.....they are terms used to dehumanize the enemy...... when military personnel are attacked it should be considered an "act of war"..... terrorism is a military tactic.... not an ideology.

For 10 years we had American troops in combat mode in Iraq.... this caused the group Al Qaeda in Iraq to be formed and that is where ISIS came from.... I don't see how more American military troops invading Iraq and/or Syria again can help..... the governments in that area is where the solution lies.... as well as their people.

I support the military coalition... but the combat soldiers (Boots on the Ground) need to be from countries in the Middle East

• Love 12

I don't see anything wrong with what Rosie said.  Normal and healthy  people don't decide to move from a Western country and join ISIS.  She said that is a sign something is mentally wrong, and I agree, if that isn't a warning sign what is?.  It's like how the Boston bombers had more in common with mass shooters and their mental illness than being actual religiously motivated terrorists.  I think the more we learn about the brain the more criminal behavior will be explained by abnormalities that lead to poor impulse control or the inability to see long term consequences.

• Love 8

Rosie is living in her little fantasy world. If we followed her unrealistic solutions, the Nazi's would control Europe.

I'm sorry, but I think Rosie is an idiotwho just works off of emotion and her own victimizatio. No way us she a moderator. She is a control freak and canr dal with different opinions well . I think the only real moderator they had was Meredith.

• Love 1

Rosie, you're wrong!!!  The gunman in Ottawa wasn't crazy, he was pissed because his passport was taken away to prevent him from going to Iraq to fight with ISIS.

I hope you've read or heard more of the information that has come out because it turns out, Rosie was quite right. He was most definitely mentally ill. His passport wasn't taken away from him, he didn't have one - he was applying for one and it hadn't been approved.  For a number of years he has lived on the streets and stayed in shelters and in fact he had just taken a bus from Vancouver (where he was a street person) to Ottawa and he was staying in a shelter there. He was involved with drugs and had been estranged from his family for over five years. A classic case of mental illness. It's tragic that ISIL has provided an outlet for so many displaced people on the fringes of society.

I think it's kind of cruel the way they keep doing that to her.  Tom Bergeron said her hands were indeed shaking.  It is a phobia, not just a dislike of mimes.  This is not something for them to tease her with for their amusement.  I have a phobia about water/swimming.  I had a friend who pushed me in the pool once.  

I was actually pissed off at Nicolle that she stayed there shrieking and screeching and making herself the center of attention. If she was so freaked out she could have left the stage so the audience could enjoy Tom Bergeron and his silliness. He was the reason I tuned into the show today and I want to see him, not Nicolle's hysterics.

• Love 2

Terrorism is not a military action , it's extreme sickos who kill people to scare and control. I think evil creeps are not all mentally ill and comparing Ghandi's role to the leader of a country who has to keep his country safe and work with other countries to keep them safe is a silly comparison, but Rosie lives in a world where she ignores reality to fit her narrow view. How would she deal with Hilter? How would she feel if her son is captured someday and heaven forbid a victim of the people she doesn't want to hurt?

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 1

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/terrorism
ter·ror·ism
noun \ˈter-ər-ˌi-zəm\

: the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal

Just like any other war there are tactic that are used by the enemy..... terrorism is just the new hotbed terminology. see how easy it is used..... since they are called terrorists ... they become "extreme sickos who kill people to scare and control".... which also means they are subhuman and that makes them more comfortable to kill... it is an ago old propaganda tactic

When we are bombing other countries... the civilians on the ground consider those bombing them "terrorists" and from their prospective, we are.

This is why more war is not the answer...... the groups need to sit with each other and talk.... and that will come after more people are killed.... on both sides

• Love 6

Medicine Crow, on 23 Oct 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

Rosie, you're wrong!!!  The gunman in Ottawa wasn't crazy, he was pissed because his passport was taken away to prevent him from going to Iraq to fight with ISIS.

Actually, he was pissed because he couldn't get a passport due to his criminal activity & was a drug addict.  He wanted to get out of the country to "get clean", according to a fellow roommate at the shelter he stayed at in Ottawa.

But, if we're getting down to brass tacks, yes shok, it would appear that he had emotional problems (the stories vary), & was thought to be a terrorist because he went after our military & Parliament.  It looks like he had a problem with "authority".

• Love 3

His friend told CNN he thought it was mental illness, and that the shooter was convinced the devil was after him and talked nonstop about supernatural entities.

Rosie retweeted someone saying this was the most lively she has been since the show started: I wonder if the producers noticed that Whoopi is stifling by how Rosie behaved when she was gone.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 6

RogerFromOhio thank you for a view of 'terrorism' I had not considered before.

When an ideology is extreme they will use extreme tactics and those tactics are often violent - the Crusades, the IRA to mention two.  Both engaged in acts of 'terriorism'  as apparently do we when we send the drones.  I finally get why they hate us - I would too if some  unnamed country were bombing "selected targets" (we all know these are never 100% accurate) and relatives of mine were killed.

At the same time I want to express my profound sympathy to our Canadian friends on this forum, it is a devastating event when the chaos encompasses you.  I love the parts of Canada I have visited,  the history, the people, the scenery, just all of what I have seen really.  I have so hoped in my heart that you would be able to escape the madness present in our world these days, indeed, envied you the possibility, but no one is immune I guess.

Just info, I have mostly been to your large cities, e.g Vancouver, Quebec, Montreal and Toronto, but have also visited St. John's and the vicinity and of course Victoria, loved all the very different experiences.

Would that we would see peace in our time.

• Love 12

I want to thank you too kaygeeret..... thank you for your lovely sentiments to our Canadian friends and the tragic events that they are enduring.

I seemed to have forgotten my place and want to apologize for not sharing my condolences for your collective losses. I guess Im just another desensitized American who missed the tragedy of the acts of war for our friends up north..... I honestly hope this is a rare event that does not continue.

Peace

• Love 6

His friend told CNN he thought it was mental illness, and that the shooter was convinced the devil was after him and talked nonstop about supernatural entities.

Rosie retweeted someone saying this was the most lively she has been since the show started: I wonder if the producers noticed that Whoopi is stifling by how Rosie behaved when she was gone.

As much as Rosie is annoying me with her opinions lately, she can be very good if she doesn't lose it and fight if someone disagrees.She has been way better without Whoopi, and she's way better than Whoopi. If she can keep her sence of humor, not fixate, she can be very good.

Just because someone's friend is saying things, does not mean it's true as far as the shooter is concerned. Many religious fanatics also think the devil is talking to them or controlling things. Rosie needs to not diagnose with no degree and never meeting someone.

• Love 2

How could they not notice?  But Whoopi has a contract and so I'd bet hands are tied; although it would be my guess that Whoopi might relinquish the moderator job if she could make the same money.  Or maybe that's just a wish of mine.  

I just can't take Nicole's fear of mimes seriously, although it's probably real. Kind of like Jimmy Fallon and snakes or whatever creepy animal crawls on him when a zookeeper/animal handler brings critters on his show.     I thought it was hilarious that Tom Bergeron actually studied to be a mime in the 1970s.  What rotten luck for Nicolle. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/terrorism

ter·ror·ism

noun \ˈter-ər-ˌi-zəm\

: the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal

Just like any other war there are tactic that are used by the enemy..... terrorism is just the new hotbed terminology. see how easy it is used..... since they are called terrorists ... they become "extreme sickos who kill people to scare and control".... which also means they are subhuman and that makes them more comfortable to kill... it is an ago old propaganda tactic

When we are bombing other countries... the civilians on the ground consider those bombing them "terrorists" and from their prospective, we are.

This is why more war is not the answer...... the groups need to sit with each other and talk.... and that will come after more people are killed.... on both sides

. Talking only works in some ways. Yes, if we had not went to Iraq i think ISIs would not exist, We made things worse. I agree with Rosie that war is not the answer all the time.

But, having talks with psycjos like the leader of Romania that the people killed was not going to work. Mussolini was not going to talk, neither was Hitler. My grandma grew up in Italy when Mussolini was tortuting and terrorizing, and raping his country.

People like Rosie do have a very limited, silly world view. They have no clue about the real world of sick dictators and how people live because they are in a world where we thankfully do not experience terror from out own government.

I worked with refugees who saw their sisters raped by their government because their brother committed a crime, this was law in their counrtry. Or they saw their dad have his brains blown out by someone who took over their country. Those students cried watching our electoral process and debates because they would have been beheaded for even talking about a leader, and elections did not exist. Do people really think talking works when a so called leader rapes as a policy or murders a leader along with his kids so he can take control of a counrtry?

• Love 4

Rosie's opinions are simplistic, based in unproven theories, emotions, and her own victimized world. She also lives in the ideal world where she is now a celebrity so she tends to be around peope who have a very limited concept of what really happens in the world .

Rosie calso makes snap generalizations usually based in her own biased experiences and extreme views.

A good example of her opinions being based on pure emotion without really taking time to get all facts was when she called Kelly Ripa homophobic, based on one commrent Kelly made to a guest host who was rude, insulting and obnoxious throughout the whole show, and then covered her mouth when she wa interviewing . Rosie ignored fact that Clay was rude throughout the whole show and only focused on what she related to - the fact he was gay. Also, he had not yet come out when she shot off her mouth.

Rosie basically accused Kelly of being prejudiced and could have really done damage to her in a business where people lose their jobs for being biased. And, as is the case with Rosie's ooinions and statements about Monica, Bill, Kelly and the shooteer, she doesn't get all the facts, and makes snap judgments based on her past and emotions.

Clinton did pay, he was impeached and also humiliated with explicit testimony . The difference is, he has done a lot to help others since leaving office, unlike Rosie's idea of an amazing woman who is still trying to make a career of what she pretends she wants peope to forget. But those facts are not let in Rosie's opinion bubble because they challenge her feelings.

Also, the fact Kelly Ripa speaks in favor gay marriage and couples on her show, was proud of the play her husband was in where he played a gay man in a very good play, vacations with Matt Bomer and his partner, Anderson Cooper, and NPH was apparently something Rosie didn't know and she didn't care to know about Kelly before making slanderous statements on a national talk show. Oh and when Kelly dared defend herself on national TV , Rosie decided that wasn't fair to put her on the air.

Happily married, medicated Rosie is not so nasty as she was during her last stint, but she's still biased and unwilling to have her opinions challenged. If her latest trophy wife dumps her, I think we'll see nasty Rosie reappear.

• Love 2

Good morning Viewers, (see what I did there?)

It seems The View is beginning to take on some serious topics now with the new crew.  Maybe they covered serious topics before and it was just harder to tell with the silliness of the former hosts.  

Either way, I want to remind every one how to use the ignore feature for members that make you scream and pull out your hair in protest.  

As always, if you have any questions or concerns send me a PM and include Athena in the conversation.

You all have a wonderful day and keep on viewing. (I did it again!)

Not to trudge up the past, but the incident you are talking about regarding Rosie and Kelly Ripa from Rosie's first stint on the View had to do w/Clay Aiken covering Kelly's mouth on the air, which is rude in itself imo.  Kelly made a comment that she didn't know where Clay's hands had been, which to most viewers was her making a salacious comment on him being gay.  Kelly played it off that it was flu season and that was the reason she was mad that he did that, but the inflection in her tone when she called out Clay on the air for placing his hand over her mouth spoke volumes about what she really meant by her comment.  The one thing that Rosie wasn't expecting was Kelly to call into the View the next day on the air and get called out on it.  I get that Kelly, and more importantly her husband, hang out w/gay guys all the time it seems but back then I don't recall her and her husband doing that as much publically. 

Rosie fights for the rights and causes for the people she feels needs someone w/a public forum and loud abrasive mouth that can get the attention to that cause.

• Love 1

Wow, what a different energy to the conversation without Whoopi there to "moderate."  I thought both RO and Nicole seemed much more willing to speak demonstratively and the result was an enjoyable, elevated conversation.  No verbal bullying, just civil disagreement.  More of this please, Ladies!

I'm also glad Nicole countered RO's comments about mental illness and gun deaths with points about terrorism and evil.  When RO asked if she thought all terrorists were evil, I wish her answer had been, "I believe people can choose to do evil," or some such. (That was my answer to the TV anyway).  I'm always flummoxed by the fact that in the aftermath of these kinds of tragedies, moral culpability doesn't seem to be as big a part of the conversation as gun control, mental illness, violent video games, and various other societal factors are.  RO's pacifist stances, while admirable, come across to me as much too naive for someone as intelligent and thoughtful as she is. 

Was the fill-in host for RP an anchor from Good Morning America?  RO said something like, "Look who it is!" but I don't recall there being an introduction that included her name, and I don't watch GMA, so I didn't know who she was, so that annoyed me.  I think they called her Amy?  Poor Amy must have been thrown on the air without time to prepare much.  I barely heard her speak.

Edited by Earl Is Dead
  • Love 1

For years I relied on Whoopi and Joy as voices of reason in a among a gaggle of goofballs.

Then Joy left

Then Whoopi has not shown herself at her best among a group of articulate, thoughtful women who discuss facts and express opinions in ways that will sometimes make me think a bit.  Either Whoopi is not up to it or she is really tired of the show or something.

I certainly don't always agree with the other three all the time, but I have surprised myself by agreeing with each of them sometimes.  What a concept.

I hope that Whoopi can shape up and participate, if she cannot I hope she leaves graciously.  She held the place together thru the insanity and deserves respect for that alone.

• Love 7

I think that during the "Parade of Intelligence" that went through The View, Whoopi was not relevant because she acted like she was above it all. She seemed more annoyed than interested. Now that there is actual intelligence on the panel, Whoopi is trying to be relevant again. She is failing and she knows it. She uses the Faux News tactic.... the loudest is the most right..... it just doesn't work

• Love 8

Not to trudge up the past, but the incident you are talking about regarding Rosie and Kelly Ripa from Rosie's first stint on the View had to do w/Clay Aiken covering Kelly's mouth on the air, which is rude in itself imo.  Kelly made a comment that she didn't know where Clay's hands had been, which to most viewers was her making a salacious comment on him being gay.  Kelly played it off that it was flu season and that was the reason she was mad that he did that, but the inflection in her tone when she called out Clay on the air for placing his hand over her mouth spoke volumes about what she really meant by her comment.  The one thing that Rosie wasn't expecting was Kelly to call into the View the next day on the air and get called out on it.  I get that Kelly, and more importantly her husband, hang out w/gay guys all the time it seems but back then I don't recall her and her husband doing that as much publically. 

Rosie fights for the rights and causes for the people she feels needs someone w/a public forum and loud abrasive mouth that can get the attention to that cause.

Well, I doubt Kelly close friends and speaks out about gay issues because of Rosie.   And Rosie can dish it out, but she can't take it. 

ITA with her about Trump, I can't stand him. I also don't care for Kelly Ripa, and thought she was insulting Clay.  But, Clay was not even out as gay yet.  

Rosie was shocked when Trump insulted her looks, after she mocked and imitated him.  She also made comments about his character, and his marriages.  Funny thing is, she has had how many wives or live in relationships? And somehow I doubt either Rosie or Trump would have the women they got if they were not rich.   

She also was appalled that Kelly went on the air to defend herself.  See in Rosie's world, she is supposed to spout off her opinions and not be challenged.  She needs to control everything.

I am sure soon enough she and Nicole will be having a fight on the air, and it won't be pretty.   The only thing is, that unlike Elisabeth, Nicole is not just a silly brat from a reality show. She actually has true political insider experience, and although I may not agree with her, she's not some comedian or actress who listens to sound bites and then thinks she's an expert. 

Although I agree with Rosie about a lot, I just find her to be controlling, mean, and also totally simplistic.  She is happy now, which is nice, but if heaven forbid something goes wrong in her life, she will go back to being nasty, along with her ridiculous, simplistic, uninformed opinions. 

• Love 3

I thought the Thursday show was at a whole different level with RO as a moderator.    I am always seeing conspiracies, so I wonder if this was some kind of opportunity to test a different setup and group by production.    I loved Amy Robach on weekend Today when she co-hosted with Lester Holt--they made a wonderful team--and I thought she made good contributions to the discussion.   I thought Nicolle made some decent points. 

I think RO is just in a different place in her life now and she is not trying to be as dominant as she may have been on past shows, and I really liked it.

I don't necessarily want Whoopi gone--I don't dislike her, but I think her style of moderation needs to change an maybe the workload of introducing topics could be shared among the participants more so she is not such a strong presence.   

• Love 5

I think that during the "Parade of Intelligence" that went through The View, Whoopi was not relevant because she acted like she was above it all. She seemed more annoyed than interested. Now that there is actual intelligence on the panel, Whoopi is trying to be relevant again. She is failing and she knows it. She uses the Faux News tactic.... the loudest is the most right..... it just doesn't work

Rosie and Rosie P may have more intelligence than the other bimbos who left, but they are not informed, and they are super biased, so they all failing along with Whoopi.   Nicole is not stupid or uninformed,  and she at least can take another side at times, unlike Rosie or Rosie P, who are the self-proclaimed know it all's with no background in anything.

I miss the days of Star, even though she was annoying, she was not just all emotional, and she had some qualifications and intelligence. I also miss Joy and Meredith.

Now we have the egotistical celebrity panel.

• Love 3