Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: I Feel Sorry For Me

Cranberry

Rayna goes after Sadie Stone as a new artist to sign to her record label Highway 65. In order to woo her, Rayna invites Sadie out for a girl's day on the town, which she thinks may help to seal the deal. Juliette continues to try her best at hiding her pregnancy but when she starts to have stomach pains and mood swings, she has to let down her wall. Later, an assertive and sultry backup singer takes a liking to Deacon but his down in the dumps attitude does nothing but shut her out. Then, Zoey witnesses odd behavior between Scarlett and Gunnar and lets her inner jealousy get the best of her. She tries to mend things at the Bluebird but they end up backfiring terribly. Meanwhile, Avery continues to use alcohol to drown his sorrows, which only takes him to new lows, and Jeff has ulterior motives as he pursues Teddy and the girls.

Wow, long blurb this week!

If Avery says that line to Juliette AFTER he finds out she's pregnant then he's deadtome. It's not as if he didn't emotionally cheat on her before she physically cheated with someone she hated. Amazing how he's clutching his pearls when he was too busy sleeping bedside by Scarlett to make love to his own girlfriend. Gah!

• Love 4

Betcha anything she goes to tell him, he says that, and leaves so she doesn't tell him. In any normal world she would have told him in episode 1 this season, but looks like they are going to stretch it out. 

So Avery joins Deacon and Gunnar as jailbirds. Be fun to see Will go, maybe for public sex with him "trainer". And I bet when Luke finally goes he stays awhile!

Isn't Bucky already bald?

Pam York is my new favorite character. And didn't look beat up at all this week I didn't think. Deacon is just a miserable SOB, isn't he? Remember those six-week relationships when you were young that were all about sex? That's all Deacon is good for, and it looks like you wouldn't get more than one night out of him before he started his gloomy routine.

Damn you, Rayna, for helping Juliette and then making that whole I'm a champion of women and artists thing. I don't trust you at all to be that person. 

And, what, now Teddy will sign the girls to a label and Rayna won't? What planet are the writers on? Teddy is the one against the girls playing music, remember?

• Love 5

Finally we see Glen without the bad rug, now it's Reyna's manager's turn.

He looked soooo much better and less sleazy without that hideous rug!!

Why do guys even attempt the bad wigs? Nothing wrong with embracing your baldness, fellas; anything beats looking like you're wearing a dead squirrel on your head.

Great episode, btw---nice to see this show *finally* picking up steam after such a slowwww start.

I didn't even notice the lack of Will and Layla! That's a good thing; I'm getting a bit tired of their drama queeny plot.

And I'm beyond sick and tired of whiney, mopey Scarlett---when she told Zooie "Not everything is about you" after going into yet another one of her psycho-trance pity-parties, I wanted to smack the bad extension glue right out of her scalp.

Scarlett claiming "not everything is about you" is pretty rich considering she sucks all the fun and energy right out of any room or party she enters.

Talk about a giant ball of NEED---she just needs to get some serious therapy and move the Hell on with her new career and love life already, because three seasons of her "poor widdle me" routine is just beyond stale.

Hayden killed it yet again this episode.

Now can't poor Juliette catch a break finally? Avery too---it's like they're destined to be together, doomed to their never ending cycles of bad luck!

Meanwhile, Rayna can do no wrong on this show, apparently. Everything comes so easy for her and everyone just wants to be liked by her. Yawn...

• Love 7

I finally liked Rayna this show. No guy baggage, saying 'Ruke' was a 4 letter word, being super mom, AND beating Jeff in signing Sadie, while still taking care of Juliette? Well done writers.

Juliette, you break my heart every week. Hayden's scenes are my favorites. And I'm so glad she has Glenn. But I was in total toupee shock - that was probably my favorite moment.

Is Zoe finally on tour? Please ? And can the bus disappear for a few seasons?

ETA, guess I'm alone in my Rayna love. Giggles and wanders off....

Edited by dbell1
  • Love 9

I thought this was one of the best episodes ever of Nashville.  All of the story lines were solid, and Juliette and Avery were pure gold.  I can see exactly where each is coming from in terms of their emotions.  I wanted to smack Avery for breaking Juliette's heart, but I wanted to hug him because his own heart is broken, too.  Now, that is powerful acting!

• Love 7

Wow! I don't hate Pam this week. She is a persistent little lady isn't she? I hope the song she and Deacon were batting back and forth comes to fruition...I like its bones so far. If she can be a little less aggressive, and he can be a little less gloomy, I will accept their friendship.

Rayna had that dress sent all the way from Paris? Hmmm...did it get stretched in transit, 'cause it doesn't fit her at all. It reminds me of something I wore in a Christmas pageant as a child.

Hayden Panettiere looks absolutely beautiful! Pregnancy really agrees with her. BTW, apparently they have cast this Patsy Cline movie in two weeks and plan to wrap in eight weeks?! My kid's high school play took longer to produce.

I'm hoping that Teddy "palling around" with Jeff is a misdirect.

No Luke is a good Luke.

Rayna should only sing duets.

• Love 7

Honestly, without his wig, I thought Glen was Bucky for a second.

OK, I knew where the Jeff vs. Rayna story was going, but it really, really is baffling to me.  In what universe would Ted ever agree to letting Jeff sign Maddie/Daphine to Edgehill?  He's always been the one who has been against it the most, and, for all his flaws, he's not the type of guy who will fold, just because it makes the girls angry at him.  But, I got the feeling they're setting it up to happen, so how in the hell is Jeff going to do this?  Is he going to promise even more money for schools?  Somehow find out Ted let Lamar die, and hold it over him?  If this is the path they are going, they better have a damn good explanation for it.

Man, I know Gunnar is kind of daft, but his inability to read rooms tonight was amazing!  First, he already knows Zoey gets jealous over him hanging with his exes.  So, of course, he is secretly meeting with Scarlett about this party, and is obviously lying when he gets caught.  Did he not think Zoey wouldn't get suspicious?  And, then, he knows that Avery is clearly falling apart at the seams over Juliette.  So, what does he do?  Praise Juliette right in front of him.  All, with plenty of alcohol near-by.  Now, in no way am I saying he's at fault for how both Zoey and Avery acted; that's on them; but.... Gunnar really is daft, huh?

Not surprised Sadie signed with Rayna.  I've only seen Laura Benanti in Law & Order:SVU and The Playboy Club (remember that?!), and she's kind of interesting to me.  She's clearly talented, a great actress, and gorgeous.  But, in some scenes, she kind of has some crazy-eyes going for her.  So, it made some of her scenes with Rayna kind of funny, because there were times I thought Sadie was going to be revealed to be a stalker of Rayna's.  But, overall, I like her!

Avery and Juliette are just hard to watch.  I still want them to work out, but I have a feeling it will only get worse, before it gets better.

Bored with Deacon's subplot.

Overall though, I liked the episode.  Plenty of music drama, and less of the relationship stuff.  And, I didn't miss Luke, Will, or Layla.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3

This episode was terrific because it had very little to do with soapy romance and everything to do with friendship: Gunnar/Avery, Scarlett/Zoe, Rayna/Sadie, even Jeff/Teddy.  Both Conrad spouses are so much more enjoyable interacting with people their own age.  Has Rayna ever been this fun?  Interesting?  Proactive?  All it took was a lady in her 30s to get Rayna on her game.  I just like seeing her being a carefree girlfriend.  We all need those and it helps her seem more real.  Plus, all the family scenes: Rayna was interacting and invested in her girls, Glenn sticking up for Juliette, even the ZAG crew.  These little human moments are so much more poignant and compelling than all the ridiculous romances.

Which brings me to: I had so much second hand embarrassment during all of Deacon/Pam's scenes that I practically had to watch through my hand.  Just make it stop.

Rayna's wedding dress was beautiful, like Marchessa at their prime, and very appropriate for a second wedding between an older couple.  Hot damn.  I'd kill to look like Connie Britton and she's got about twenty years on me.

Nitpick: don't Rayna's girls attend a ritzy private school?  Would they really accept a donation from a total stranger?  And more to the point, do they really need one?

• Love 1

I'm glad Juliette didn't tell Avery about the baby and I would hope she keeps him at a distance after she tells him.  She was wrong but man he was harsh, especially after he had the audacity to call her to bust him out of jail.  I also hope to see Juliette react to Avery's constant state of inebriation.  I think it'd be hard to believe she wouldn't be afraid of it considering she grew up with a junkie.

I liked Rayna's story in this episode as well.  I like the Jeff vs. Rayna fight and how she got to call him out on stealing Will but please, show, don't have Teddy sign the girls to Edgehill.  That would be completely out of character and plot-pointy for the sake of plot, not character. 

I was a little bummed we didn't see Juliette and Rayna discussing her pregnancy. 

• Love 3

I always enjoy when the Stella sisters sing.

Am so in agreement that Rayna's always more tolerable when she's man-free for awhile --- and she should only sing duets.  I didn't care for her dress at all.  Please don't let me hear RUKE again. Please.

I liked the Deacon/backup singer storyline AFTER his little hissy fit about the AA thing.

Juliette really brings the drama. HP plays bitchy & tortured well.  JJackson is no slouch either.

Glenn needs to lose the hairpiece permanently. Please

And I need at least one episode without Scarlett's bushy eyebrows. Please.

• Love 3

So we are supposed to parallel Rayna James to Princess Diana/Kate Middleton in a sense?  Seriously?!   I was hoping in the car chase scene that they would get into another accident b/c of course when you are driving that fast to elude others you take your eyes off the road constantly like Sadie did to stare at Rayna.  I agree w/others that Sadie has a huge girl crush on Rayna and was totally giving her the crazy eyes during their performance together;  I couldn't tell if she didn't fully trust Rayna's reasons for signing her or it was something more.  I'm calling it that Sadie is obsessed w/Rayna and will end up trying but failing to seduce Deacon and end up actually seducing/sleeping w/Luke and/or Teddy.

Yeah, I can't see how Jeff thinks he can sign Rayna's girls w/just Teddy's signature.  This plan just seems idiotic.  I mean wouldn't Rayna just offer the girls a contract if there was nothing she could do to prevent this, thereby undercutting Jeff. 

Thank goodness that next week we get the cat out of the bag on Juliette's pregnancy secret from Avery.  I mean seriously, how long could they stretch this out.  I do like how she tells him from what we saw in the preview.  It is the age we live in these days I suppose.

I always enjoy when the Stella sisters sing.

You and me both...I do wish they had an album out b/c I enjoy them so much.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 1

I thought that Connie Britton had WAY more chemistry singing with Laura Benanti than she ever has in any scene with Debra Messing's boyfriend. And on that note: man, how enjoyable is this show without Luke? LIKE SO ENJOYABLE, GUYS. 

Thank goodness that next week we get the cat out of the bag on Juliette's pregnancy secret from Avery.  I mean seriously, how long could they stretch this out.  I do like how she tells him from what we saw in the preview.  It is the age we live in these days I suppose.

I'm almost wondering if it isn't her who texts him. She seems pretty surprised when he shows up, banging on her trailer like he's in a Tennessee Williams play. And I'm thinking if you abruptly tell a guy, through text or not, "I'm pregnant. It's yours." you've gotta expect a reaction at least something like that, no?

Also, I love Jonathan Jackson. (He's the original Lucky Spencer, what's not to love?) But dude, easy on the waterworks. I get it. I get that Avery is upset and heartbroken and drunk and SAD and that tears are definitely a way to convey all of those things (especially the SAD), but not the only way, you know? Eh, just small nitpick in a episode that I throughly enjoyed. Mostly because it had the line (totally paraphrased), "It wasn't just singing, it was feeling!" and it was meant, presumably, without any irony. That's gold right there, folks. 

• Love 1

Speaking of tears, I think I counted three different times Juliette cried actual, visible tears during a scene. How incredible is Hayden Panetierre? The Emmy truck should drive straight to her house. 

• Love 8

I thought that Connie Britton had WAY more chemistry singing with Laura Benanti than she ever has in any scene with Debra Messing's boyfriend. And on that note: man, how enjoyable is this show without Luke? LIKE SO ENJOYABLE, GUYS.

Right?!

What kind of school do Rayna's Belle Meade-born children go to?? A hippie charter that needs rich benefactors, or a fancy private academy?

Loved Glenn (with and without his hair), loved Zoey's comeuppance; too bad Rayna never gets any of that, enjoyed Rayna and Sadie (Laura Benanti makes everything better), looooooved Sadie's car but Rayna almost died in a car crash and she was OK with that (??), thought Rayna's sudden commitment to scouting an artist came out of nowhere but will take it, haaaaaated that awful dress (good lord), still don't like Pam (bad move with the AA meeting). I do agree with Pam that Deacon's sad is tired, though. Rayna's not worth it, man! She has no soul now anyway and has also developed some really bad taste in dresses. Rayna's speech to Sadie at the end would have held more weight if Rayna herself weren't such a man-needing stereotype who hasn't been able to scout a sign a single musician but Scarlett in over a year. At least she came through for all the kids this week.

Also, I really like the "Gasoline and Matches" duet, but the version with just Laura Benanti singing during the car chase was better.

And also, I like photos, but it would be super-weird to have enormous pictures of myself all over my house, Juliette.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 3

Avery calls Juliet to bail him out, she does then he proceeds to browbeat her and wish he never met her, what a nice thank you.

Rayna gone wild wild Teddy is still being shown as actually parenting the kids doesn't make Rayna look any better. Not finding anything about her likeable.

• Love 2

Glen was a sweetheart in this episode.  I loved his genuine concern for Juliette, warts and all.

There is something kind of disturbing about Sadie.   I'm glad she signed with Rayna, mainly because it took the rivalry between Rayna and Jeff up another notch, and that's been an interesting plot line.   But there are enough self-destructive and maliciously ambitious, scheming women on this show, and it would be nice if Sadie doesn't become another one.   She's got a reckless streak to her, and I won't be surprised to see it get messy.   She took that picture of Rayna in her wedding dress while Rayna was preoccupied looking through the curtain.  Then, while admiring the shot on her phone, she commented on how much money the "first picture" of Rayna Jaymes in her dress would bring in.   Her calculating little brain was thinking something sneaky at that point.   It will be interesting to see if something comes of it.    

Sadie's breakneck driving was not exactly endearing, but it did show Rayna's lack of good judgment.  She was nearly killed in a car crash, and now she's hee-hawing it up and is all okay with driving with a crazy woman.

Loved the girls' singing.  I've loved all their songs together, and all of Maddie's with Deacon, too.   Need more of that.   I'm with those of you who can't see Teddy wanting them to sign on with Jeff.   It would be way out of character for him, but it's not like that hasn't happened on this show before.

Please, show, make that woman latching herself onto Deacon go away.     On the other hand, Deacon isn't much better himself these days, but in any case, their story line is pretty boring.

Juliette still carries the show.  Her scenes are the most compelling, but Avery's reaction to her fling with Jeff is starting to get almost campy.  It's wearing thin with all the melodrama and tears and booze and public bewailing.    I like Avery, but he needs to get his act together.   We already have Deacon singing the blues over Rayna.   One of those is enough.   And I do hope Avery and Juliette reconcile before she hops into the sack with Derek Hough, who has no sex-appeal at all, IMO.

No Luke.  No Will.  No Layla..   What a nice breath of fresh air.

Edited by crocosmia
  • Love 7

Maybe it's going to be Pam's straight talk to snap Deacon out of his "I'm in love with Rayna Jaymes" said it at least 3 or 5 times in this episode. Enough already Deacon we all know your in love with Rayna but she's not giving you the time of day so move on already. Get your solo career going, write songs, sing a duet with Pam record it and maybe it will be a hit single. Get out of your frigin down in the dumps attitude it's getting boring. (And I love you and it's getting boring for me too.)

No matter what they do to Juliette she always comes up on top. Her performance in this episode was amazing and Hayden is one hell of an actress.

OMG that is a wedding dress, I can't believe Rayna would wear a dress that's going to make her look like Cleopatra. Wouldn't it be something if Sadie does have a girls crush on Rayna, you know what I mean. When Sadie went through that stop sign I would have thought Rayna would be pretty upset remembering what happened when she went throught a stop sign the year before. It was nice seeing Rayna take the reins on getting Sadie to sign with her on Highway 65 label. Now if they can just keep LW on tour for the rest of season 3 just texting, and talking on the phone I will be very happy.

I am over Pam, Avery, Zoey, Juliette's pregnancy, Jeff & his mustache twirling & pretty much everyone on this show. I feel like the stories are just dragging on without any resolution, & I am most definitely not interested in a watching Jeff trying to get Rayna's girls signed to his label. That has to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

• Love 2

I love when Lennon and Maisy sing, but I was so disappointed that they didn't sing a new song this week. Come on, give us a new song!

I loved Rayna pointing out Jeff's hypocrisy in the last scene. He thinks it was okay for him to steal Will but HOW DARE Rayna steal Sadie from him?

I just knew that Scarlett and Gunnar's alleged sneaking around was going to result in a surprise going away party for Zoe. I'm glad Zoe admitted that she has been insecure because NO SHIT. Honestly, if you can't trust your boyfriend/spouse/partner, then what is the point of being together? You can't spend every second of your relationship being jealous about every person he talks to and paranoid that he's cheating on you. Going through someone else's phone is a privacy violation in my book. I don't have anything to hide. Mr. EB knows the passcode for my phone. I leave Facebook open on the computer all the time. But he never looks through my stuff and I never look through his stuff. You know, because we are adults who respect each other's privacy. If you have to snoop, you need to get out of that relationship.

I understand that Avery is still hurt, but dude, it takes a lot of balls to call someone to bail you you and then tell them you wish you had never met them. Ingrate! If you're that mad at her, spend your time drying out in the drunk tank and figure out someone else to call in the morning.

it made some of her scenes with Rayna kind of funny, because there were times I thought Sadie was going to be revealed to be a stalker of Rayna's.

When they were at the wedding dress shop, I started thinking she was a mole for Jeff digging up information or trying to somehow get Rayna in trouble. When she took that picture of Rayna on her phone and made a comment about how much money it would be worth, I thought oh crap, she's going to sell it to the paparazzi! Of course, Rayna would know she was the one how took the picture but crazy people don't care about that.

don't Rayna's girls attend a ritzy private school?  Would they really accept a donation from a total stranger?

Yup, private schools LOVE donations from anyone, including total strangers. Most of them will take money any way they can get it.

I like photos, but it would be super-weird to have enormous pictures of myself all over my house, Juliette.

It totally reminded me of Ringer and Hit the Floor, two shows where the main characters were egotistical bitches who had huge pictures of themselves in their living rooms, which I found hilarious in every episode where the pictures were shown.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I am over Pam, Avery, Zoey, Juliette's pregnancy, Jeff & his mustache twirling & pretty much everyone on this show. I feel like the stories are just dragging on without any resolution, & I am most definitely not interested in a watching Jeff trying to get Rayna's girls signed to his label. That has to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

Yes - it is stupid. It provides a storyline for Teddy and Jeff because the writers have no idea what to do with them. There isn't any other talent for Jeff to sign other than Rayna's daughters? Teddy is the mayor...have him do some "mayoral" things.

And I, too, am "over" those other storylines. Deacon and Pam are going nowhere. Eventually, he ends up back with Rayna. Scarlett's drama is also getting old. Gunnar is fine when songwriting; as a boyfriend, not so much.

I understand that Avery is still hurt, but dude, it takes a lot of balls to call someone to bail you you and then tell them you wish you had never met them. Ingrate! If you're that mad at her, spend your time drying out in the drunk tank and figure out someone else to call in the morning.

Thanks - that's what I was thinking. Instead of all the tears, I wish she would just tell him that she is pregnant.

The Rayna/Sadie bonding scenes were silly. Why would the papparazzi be chasing them anyway? What was happening that was of so much interest? And Rayna is laughing about the near-miss with the truck. She is a mother of two girls who was almost killed in a car accident not so long ago. Really?

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 3

I have to admit it: I enjoyed the Deacon and Pam duet-slash-therapy session. Furthermore, I HOWLED when they looked over at the motorcycles and it cut to them blazing down the road. Let Deacon have some fun on the road but don't move this one in with him.

Avery and Juliette: I just can't. Get these two kids together soon, please. I just can't deal with it.

I want Rayna and Jeff to hook up for some hate sex. She has more chemistry with him than Luke.

So, Teddy needs a storyline but are they going to recondition his character to the point where he signs the girls to a music contract?

Come on. Let him get a DC job and ship him off.

• Love 1

I'm not being mean , just curious to know if the little sister has a growth thing going on. I love these two , especially the older one. They have beautiful voices and they are very pretty, but she has been that tall ((or short). since the show started. I just can't handle that Pam girl and the song "but I love her" was so embarrassing and hard to watch, just like any scene with Scarlette in it.

• Love 2

1. The Stella Sisters are a-mahzing. But in what universe would even Teddy be stupid/awful enough to sign his daughters with Edgehill.

2. It makes me sad that Hayden Pannetiere will probably never get an Emmy or whatever she so richly deserves for her work on this show. Just from the comments I read about her on the internet, people who don't watch Nashville don't seem to have any idea how talented she is.

3. Except for #1 above, I was mostly onboard with this episode, until Scarlett started freaking out again. I have always been a supporter of her character but I just can't abide how her character zigs and zags. She insisted on going back to Nashville, but she won't write with Gunnar, won't sing, and acted like an asshole to Zoe. From the way her character was written in season 1, you would think she'd have more gumption.

• Love 3
I'm not being mean , just curious to know if the little sister has a growth thing going on. I love these two , especially the older one. They have beautiful voices and they are very pretty, but she has been that tall ((or short). since the show started.

I think she has gotten taller since the show started but her sister has gotten noticably taller when she hit puberty and that's why the younger one still appears to be short in comparison (especially since she is the shortest person on set). If you look at pictures of them from a few years ago, they have both grown taller.

• Love 1

I could handle Avery's unending upset if just a little of it was self loathing. Juliette was so, so very wrong to sleep with Jeff, but good lord Avery was hanging all over Scarlet. It was 24/7 all Scarlet for him all the time. Juliette's mistake with Jeff was awful but it wasn't like she had no reason to think that Avery was in love with Scarlet. He contributed to the downward spiral. The sad state of their relationship is not all or only Juliette's fault. So unless part of his self pity is self recrimination, he seriously needs to take it down a notch.

• Love 8

BBDI- I think the audience for Nashville is compartmentalized. Unlike a lot of comedies, cop shows, and other popular types of TV, I don't think Nashville has casual fans. Very few of my friends watch it, even musicians. My feeling is most people think of it as a soap opera and never give it a chance. 

Honestly, if I hadn't heard about the quality of music and portrayal of musicians on Nashville, I probably never would have given it a chance, either! So glad that I did. 

But I think it is hard to get people past the idea of a country soap opera, and a lot of people will miss out because of it.

Edited by Midru

And Rayna is laughing about the near-miss with the truck. She is a mother of two girls who was almost killed in a car accident not so long ago. Really?

This really really bugged me. Nothing about that car chase was fun or thrilling. Rayna should have been scared to death. I found that really uncomfortable to watch. That Sadie took chances with her and Sadie's life. No bueno.

Avery, get over it. His self centeredness, mopeyness, solving everything with a bottle is nt the person I thought he was. He was always so sanctimonious with Juliette. He was such a better person than her ?? I don't think so. I think they are starting to write him poorly. One minute is wants to completely abandon her an as soon as he hears she is pregnant he will be pounding down her door.  Not an Avery fan at all.

• Love 3

Midru: People don't watch this show, I think, because the writing varies from uneven to not very good. Even the acting is bad sometimes. I know several people who watched in season one who bailed because of what the show became. You can't sell it as one thing and then expect people to stick around when it becomes something totally different. People love Scandal and that's also a soap, but it is what it said it would be from the start. Same with Grey's Anatomy. The side characters on Nashville have some interesting storylines, and the music is still good, but that's not enough. And for Hayden to get recognized in any large capacity, people would have to stop writing Nashville off. I agree that she's doing great, though.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

This really really bugged me. Nothing about that car chase was fun or thrilling. Rayna should have been scared to death. I found that really uncomfortable to watch. That Sadie took chances with her and Sadie's life. No bueno.

I was terrified and I've never even been in a car accident. Rayna should have jumped out of that car the first chance she had and screamed her head off at that Sadie woman. Plus the music was way too loud, I couldn't hear the dialogue.

Sadie seems indeed shady, what with taking a picture of Rayna in her wedding dress and mentioning the money it could bring her. The weird part is that she wasn't discreet about it, so I'm not sure if Rayna heard her and took it as a joke, or if it was that soapy thing where people talk out loud but only the audience is supposed to hear them. I can't decide if she's actually bad news or just Luke creepy.

The girls have lovely singing voices, but I'm starting to feel they're a bit of a one trick pony. It's always the same kind of song and harmonizing. I'd like for them to shake things up a bit, I'm sure they have the talent to do it.

Juliette will keep me watching this show till the end, that's for sure. Hayden is amazing. She makes me cry every time she sheds a tear. Except when Glen comes to the door without his toupee. I was too busy laughing.

Also, when Scarlett ran away from the room, you could see Gunnar in the background happily getting up on the stage and plugging his guitar, all ready to accompany Zoey and her. Dude needs to pay attention to his surroundings.

• Love 1
Avery, get over it. His self centeredness, mopeyness, solving everything with a bottle is nt the person I thought he was. He was always so sanctimonious with Juliette. He was such a better person than her ?? I don't think so. I think they are starting to write him poorly. One minute is wants to completely abandon her an as soon as he hears she is pregnant he will be pounding down her door.  Not an Avery fan at all.

Avery, and the writers, have a short memory when it comes to his season one behavior.  He's conveniently forgotten his relationship with Marilyn, like how he almost cheated on Scarlett with her to further his career.  Or was a complete ass to her when she had some success and he was still struggling in his career.  He knows the trappings of fame and that good people make mistakes, and that good communication is necessary to maintain a healthy relationship.  Juliette has taken responsibility for cheating, but he refuses his examine his own behavior that led up to it.  I like Avery, but not this version.  We watched him grow and change over two seasons.  He was a bit too perfect for my tastes, but he was also reflective and compassionate.  He was motivated.  This drunken, sleazy iteration is wildly out of character and a complete 180 from the character he's become.

Also, when Scarlett ran away from the room, you could see Gunnar in the background happily getting up on the stage and plugging his guitar, all ready to accompany Zoey and her. Dude needs to pay attention to his surroundings.

I find Gunnar's tone-deafness kind of endearing.  He just makes the dumbest decisions, even if they come from a good place.  My favorite was after Zoe revealed her insecurities about Scarlett, he made a crack about cheating not being a dealbreaker.  Idiot.

• Love 10

Did I blink and miss the scene where Rayna and Juliette talked over the pregnancy when Juliette is camped out on her front steps?  Cause way to gyp me out of a scene that had potential and replace it with dumbassery like the car chase, golf snooze & Deacon-Pam singing therapy/truck stop sex.

And Show?  Way to blow any suspense by showing the Juliette text and Avery's outburst in the previews.

Dear Avery -

I've grown to like you which was quite an accomplishment given where you started.  Your angry, pouty, woe-is-me, angst extraordinare is unattractive when you call said cause of such excruciating pain to bail your ass out.  I have a feeling (based on the above referenced preview) that I won't like you next week either.

• Love 5

Did I blink and miss the scene where Rayna and Juliette talked over the pregnancy when Juliette is camped out on her front steps?  Cause way to gyp me out of a scene that had potential and replace it with dumbassery like the car chase, golf snooze & Deacon-Pam singing therapy/truck stop sex.

And Show?  Way to blow any suspense by showing the Juliette text and Avery's outburst in the previews.

Dear Avery -

I've grown to like you which was quite an accomplishment given where you started.  Your angry, pouty, woe-is-me, angst extraordinare is unattractive when you call said cause of such excruciating pain to bail your ass out.  I have a feeling (based on the above referenced preview) that I won't like you next week either.

Best post in this thread particularly " dumbassery like the car chase, golf snooze & Deacon-Pam singing therapy/truck stop sex." What a waste of time!

And why the reveal of Glenn sans hairpiece? He looks better without it but not sure what the point was. It has been fairly obvious that he was wearing one.

• Love 1

So we are supposed to parallel Rayna James to Princess Diana/Kate Middleton in a sense?  Seriously?!   I was hoping in the car chase scene that they would get into another accident b/c of course when you are driving that fast to elude others you take your eyes off the road constantly like Sadie did to stare at Rayna.  I agree w/others that Sadie has a huge girl crush on Rayna and was totally giving her the crazy eyes during their performance together;  I couldn't tell if she didn't fully trust Rayna's reasons for signing her or it was something more.  I'm calling it that Sadie is obsessed w/Rayna and will end up trying but failing to seduce Deacon and end up actually seducing/sleeping w/Luke and/or Teddy.

Yeah, I can't see how Jeff thinks he can sign Rayna's girls w/just Teddy's signature.  This plan just seems idiotic.  I mean wouldn't Rayna just offer the girls a contract if there was nothing she could do to prevent this, thereby undercutting Jeff. 

Man, did it bug to watch Rayna laughing after Sadie nearly crashed their car into a TRUCK. The writers need to be more consistent because there's no way Rayna James would be okay with that.

It was nice to see her laughing with a gal pal, but the car chase should have been scrapped. And I love the idea of Sadie sleeping with Luke! I enjoy Sadie and think the actress is a nice addition to the show, but something seems off/untrustworthy about her. I thought she was going to sell that cell phone picture of Rayna in her dress to the tabloids, and I wasn't surprised she signed with Edgehill first, so I'm expecting her to double cross or screw over Rayna in the future. I hope this doesn't happen though because I love this record label full of women going up against the big boys!

Again, the writers better get it together. If Jeff signs the girls, it would make no sense.

Speaking of Jeff, I thought he was sexy on the golf course. Must agree with CofCinci about Jeff and Rayna hate sex. It has to be off the table since he had sex with Juliette, but I've wanted Jeff and Rayna to have hate sex since he joined the show.

If Pam and Sadie were supposed to be positively influencing Deacon and Rayna, they missed the boat. It was not wrong for Rayna to tell Deacon not to buy a motorcycle back in the day. For one thing, he probably wouldn't be alive if he had purchased one, and for another thing, he was an adult and didn't have to listen to her. That scene bugged me. Pam drinking shots after Deacon's AA meeting was obnoxious and her "Remember fun?" made me roll my eyes. Deacon had a lot of fun and now he's paying for it, as he should. Give him a minute. And with Sadie, I'm just bugged by the car chase. I'm hoping she'll get Rayna to laugh more.

I'm not loving the Zoe/Gunnar/Scarlet stuff. Scarlet was back to annoying me this week.

Edited by slade3
  • Love 2

Well she was going to have an abortion, although I don't know that they said the word, until she found out it was Avery's baby. 

Yeah but how stupid is that? It would only make sense if she decided to keep it because it was Avery's. I started thinking maybe it was too late for an abortion but then the doctor said she's still in the first trimester. Dumb. 

I think they made Glen's wig look especially bad this week so I was surprised Juliette didn't even react when he came to the door without it. 

I am so grossed out by Skanky McSkankerson that I don't believe Deacon being even remotely attracted to her.

And finally... what "fans" take pictures with "cameras"? That really cracked me up.