Type keyword(s) to search

Jane the Virgin in the Media

Gina tweeted a picture of the dramatic hair cut she got for a movie she's filming this summer.   Will she wear a wig when filming starts on season 3 or will Jane have a radical makeover as well?  Could the writers fit the change into Jane's story line?

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Gina tweeted a picture of the dramatic hair cut she got for a movie she's filming this summer.   Will she wear a wig when filming starts on season 3 or will Jane have a radical makeover as well?  Could the writers fit the change into Jane's story line?

The shaved sides will grow out no doubt and possibly they could convert it to a more standard looking short cut (like a pixie cut) eventually.

Are the tattoos on her neck (the tiny ones that look like birds) hers or the movie characters'?  Probably Jane The Virgin wouldn't have those, even if Gina (or her film character) would, so if they're real I suppose some makeup would be needed to cover them. 

Edited by Kromm

How The Narrator Of 'Jane The Virgin' Found His Voice:

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2016/05/16/477737210/how-the-narrator-of-jane-the-virgin-found-his-voice

They interview the voice actor who does the show's narrator role. He talks about how he almost didn't audition, because of the way the role was described in the script, and also about the evolution of his voice acting career in more general terms. To me, he comes off as likable as himself as he does in his role on the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

the show runner describing Luisa and Rose as a great love story bugs me. Yes, it's a telenova. But it's a telenova with heart. I don't believe Luisa can remain a sympathetic character and still be in a relationship with Rose. I agree with the slate author that I wish the show runners would stop trying to get us to care about Sin Rostro. It's a great evil crime lord/kingpin name. It's great that Rose was Sin Rostro. To simultaneously try to play it as a real love story with a character we're expected to care about doesn't work.

Edited by DianeDobbler
  • Love 3
(edited)

Hmm, Gina Rodriguez is currently in 2nd place among actresses for most major noms without scoring an Emmy nom in the last 20 years, behind Lauren Graham.

Might move to 1st place depending on whether Gilmore Girls' Lauren Graham can be taken more seriously on Netflix rather than The WB.

Edited by jjjmoss

from salon:

While this is a piece about the Gilmore Girls revival, there's an odd reference to JtV:

"The CW’s “Jane the Virgin,” which deals with the everyday realities of pregnancy in an extremely matter-of-fact way, stumbled last year when Petra (Yael Grobglas) was considering having an abortion"

As I recall, when Petra got hold of Rafael's lost sperm sample, she impregnated herself, so considering an abortion would have made no sense. Of course, given how much plot the show burns through, I could be forgetting another pregnancy. 

On 12/8/2016 at 7:36 PM, wonderwoman said:

from salon:

While this is a piece about the Gilmore Girls revival, there's an odd reference to JtV:

"The CW’s “Jane the Virgin,” which deals with the everyday realities of pregnancy in an extremely matter-of-fact way, stumbled last year when Petra (Yael Grobglas) was considering having an abortion"

As I recall, when Petra got hold of Rafael's lost sperm sample, she impregnated herself, so considering an abortion would have made no sense. Of course, given how much plot the show burns through, I could be forgetting another pregnancy. 

IIRC, after Petra impregnated herself, she revealed what had happened to Rafael and Jane. And she laid out her options, one of which was, "I could have an abortion."

Gina Rodriguez talks about tackling social issues on JtV on CBS This Morning:

Gina talking about meeting her boyfriend on set on Kelly & Ryan:

Gina talks about spending a month in Thailand to learn muay thai (in a previous interview, she said her dad taught her how to box):

On 5/21/2017 at 9:50 PM, Simba122504 said:

Before SG moved to the CW,  JTV was paired with CEG on Mondays. Now, their paired again. 

Thanks. I couldn't remember what day Crazy Ex-Girlfriend originally aired, but I thought it was Tuesday.

Jaime Camil will be playing Sam Carmichael (the character played by Pierce Brosnan in the original film) at the Hollywood Bowl production of Mamma Mia this summer (directed by Kathleen Marshall)!

The new cast members are Corbin Bleu as Sky, Dove Cameron as Sophie, Lea DeLaria as Rosie, and Jennifer Nettles as Donna. The production also stars previously announced Jamie Camil as Sam.

Mamma Mia! will have three performances at the Hollywood Bowl this summer - Friday, July 28, at 8 PM, Saturday, July 29, at 8 PM and Sunday, July 30, at 7:30 PM, with single tickets on sale Saturday, May 6.

• Love 1