Type keyword(s) to search

Jane the Virgin in the Media

The CW Renews 10 Series: ‘Riverdale’, All 5 DC Shows, ‘Supernatural’, ‘Dynasty’, ‘Jane the Virgin’ & ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’

The CW again has given an early renewal to the bulk of its lineup, picking up all returning series on its fall schedule for the 2018-19 season as well as freshmen Dynasty and Black Lightning. The list includes all five DC superhero series, The Flash (Season 5), Arrow (Season 7), Supergirl (Season 4) and Legends of Tomorrow (Season 4), joined by newcomer Black Lighting (Season 2) as well as the venerable Supernatural, picked up for a 14th (!) season, sophomore success Riverdale (Season 3) and  comedies Jane the Virgin (Season 5) and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Season 4) for what could be the praised duo’s final seasons.

The fifth season of 'Jane the Virgin' will be its last

“Yes, we are heading into the final season,” Silberling said. “It is a wonderful final season of the show… This will only make real sense when you have seen the content of the fifth season of the show. It is exactly as it was laid out… [We’ve] always known when it was going to end. It will be 100 episodes when it’s done and 100 is exactly where Jennie [Snyder Urman, creator and executive producer] always hoped it could end the story. So it’s perfect.”

• Love 2

No idea. All I know is that there's a wedding (I'm guessing Petra/JR, and although I have zero basis for that guess besides the ep description's "Petra and JR make a decision about their future that neither of them saw coming," I'm going to be disappointed if I'm wrong) and more than one cliffhanger.

Jane the Virgin's Yael Grobglas: You'll Be 'Blown Away' By Season 4 Finale

"As for Friday’s episode, Grobglas said fans can expect the signature Jane cliffhangers: Prepare to feel all of the feels. 'Probably as usual on Jane the Virgin, a beautiful mix of all [emotions]. It’s never just one emotion.' [Editor’s note: We’ve seen the episode, and trust us: This is one you’re going to want to watch in real-time.]"

Jane the Virgin boss promises 'a few big shockers' in season 4 finale

“'We like our big finales on Jane and we like to build toward them for the whole season, so there’s a few big shockers at the end,' showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman tells EW. And while Urman adds that 'no one will take their face off,' she does promise that after taking a bit of a break from the drama with last year’s finale — Michael’s mid-season death was more than enough drama for the entire year — this hour will be a return to form. 'This year’s finale is a big one,' she says."

‘Jane The Virgin’ Spinoff In The Works At CW From Gina Rodriguez, Jennie Snyder Urman & Ben Silverman

Details of the spinoff, written by Jane scribe Valentina Garza and directed by Brad Silberling, are not being revealed but I hear that the spinoff is envisioned as a soapy, telenovela-inspired anthology series in the tradition of Jane the Virgin, where each season is based on a different fictional novel “written by” Jane Villanueva and narrated by the author herself.

The CW has officially ordered a pilot for a Jane the Virgin spin-off

The spin-off, titled Jane the Novela, is a telenovela anthology series in the tradition of Jane the Virgin, where each season is based on a different fictional novel “written by” Jane Villanueva (Gina Rodriguez) and narrated by the author herself. The first installment takes place at a Napa Valley Vineyard, where family secrets (and family members) don’t stay buried for long. The series will be penned by Jane writer Valentina Garza, who will also executive-produce alongside Rodriguez and Jane showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman, among others.

Aw, so the young actress who plays Gina’s daughter in her new project “Awake” on Netflix loves Brett Dier and Gina had him send her a message. It’s on her Instagram stories at @ariana_greenblatt. So cute. ☺️