Type keyword(s) to search

Beth: You're going to miss me when I'm gone...

• Start Topic

From a storytelling POV, Beth was pretty much dead weight.  She didn't bring much to the narrative.  I think that the writers COULD have done more with the character but they didn't have to.  I also think that EK lacked the acting chops to invent relevance where the writing fell short (a la Jon Bernthal, Scott Wilson, and Lennie James).  In the past year there have been - count em - FOUR episodes where she was the main and in almost every scene - which is almost as much as Rick (the show's ACTUAL main) and these episodes, and the storylines around them, fell flat for most viewers.  Most of the reaction being to Daryl's "feelings" for Beth, not for Beth herself.  There just wasn't much compelling about her or EK's portrayal of her.

I think the lack of character development and the lack of story for the Beth character is primarily the fault of EK, she is just not a strong actress. Truth be told she is barely mediocre. You can't expect the writers to spoon feed the character and take all the blame for the shortcomings. An actor must take what they are given and build the character from there.

Look at Lennie James and Morgan as a prime example. Morgan was around for about half of the pilot and then was featured in one other episode (as well as two after the credits teases) yet LJ did more with his character than EK did in three seasons worth of episodes and Beth. The harsh realist who interrogated Rick when he was tied to the bed, the strong loving father, the emotionally shattered man who couldn't put down his walker wife, and the utterly unhinged and broken man in Clear. The range and development he showed in those few scenes shows what a truly skilled actor can do. 

And look at the Daryl character, who was not in the comics and who was originally planned to be a throwaway. Yet NR made the character SO compelling that he is now the closest thing as there is to an untouchable on the show. Again, a skilled actor who MADE the character.

Contrast that to what EK did with Beth, or more precisely didn't do, Flat performances from a background character who never distinguished herself. Even when she was given showcase episodes, the performances were unremarkable and the the character never became more than a two dimensional stereotype. From mid S2 to mid S5 how many times did Beth do anything memorable? As far as I'm concerned, none.

Now, before I am accused of being a sexist, I'd welcome a pretty young female character on the show, eye candy is always nice. But eye candy alone gets boring relatively quickly. Unless the character has some depth, unless the character is interesting, unless the character is compelling, it's nothing more than walker chow for me. And in order for a character to have those qualities, it takes and actress with considerable more skill than EK possesses.

• Love 15

I think the lack of character development and the lack of story for the Beth character is primarily the fault of EK, she is just not a strong actress. Truth be told she is barely mediocre. You can't expect the writers to spoon feed the character and take all the blame for the shortcomings. An actor must take what they are given and build the character from there.

Look at Lennie James and Morgan as a prime example. Morgan was around for about half of the pilot and then was featured in one other episode (as well as two after the credits teases) yet LJ did more with his character than EK did in three seasons worth of episodes and Beth. The harsh realist who interrogated Rick when he was tied to the bed, the strong loving father, the emotionally shattered man who couldn't put down his walker wife, and the utterly unhinged and broken man in Clear. The range and development he showed in those few scenes shows what a truly skilled actor can do. 

And look at the Daryl character, who was not in the comics and who was originally planned to be a throwaway. Yet NR made the character SO compelling that he is now the closest thing as there is to an untouchable on the show. Again, a skilled actor who MADE the character.

Contrast that to what EK did with Beth, or more precisely didn't do, Flat performances from a background character who never distinguished herself. Even when she was given showcase episodes, the performances were unremarkable and the the character never became more than a two dimensional stereotype. From mid S2 to mid S5 how many times did Beth do anything memorable? As far as I'm concerned, none.

Now, before I am accused of being a sexist, I'd welcome a pretty young female character on the show, eye candy is always nice. But eye candy alone gets boring relatively quickly. Unless the character has some depth, unless the character is interesting, unless the character is compelling, it's nothing more than walker chow for me. And in order for a character to have those qualities, it takes and actress with considerable more skill than EK possesses.

I think I heard a mic being dropped.

• Love 3

One of the things the conspiracy theorists pointed to over and over and over again until you just wanted to smack yourself in the face with a shovel was Rick's line from the Herschel flashback in last year's finale where Beth wore Rick's hat holding Judith as Rick intoned that there was a new sheriff in town.  Of course this had to mean that Beth was going to be this new amazing leader of some kind and the baddest badass who ever badassed.

As for the rest of it, every time I see someone throw the word sexism around in context to this entire subject I keep feeling like I need to dig up the Inigo Montoya meme that "You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means."

• Love 14

I think that instagram caption/picture reference one of the flashbacks from "A" at the end of season 4. It showed Hershel, Rick, Carl, Beth, and Judith out in the garden. Rick takes Carl's hat and puts it on Beth's head (as he thinks Carl needs a farming hat) and says there is a new sheriff in town. 

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 1

You might not, but BELIEVE me, the people on tumblr who are now saying there's a possibility that Beth didn't die and she'll claw her way out of her grave, having forgotten who she is, only to be found by Morgan and then delivered safely into Darryl's arms by the final episode of this season?  Are the same people who were convinced that the throw away line about the new sheriff in town last season meant Beth, the teenager, would be taking over as leader and therefore couldn't POSSIBLY die.  Also, spoons.  

Edited by TallulahBelle
  • Love 8

I think brushing aside young girl concerns as silly and unimportant is actually a big part if the problem here. Beth gave voice to a group that does get dismissed a lot and they've decided to fight back.

I don't care about the concerns of some silly girls [who are no doubt an embarrassment to girls the same age who aren't silly].  I came to watch zombies eat people, if I wanted some idiotic teen romance I'd watch the fucking CW. 

This is an adult show: it has sex scenes, the violence is graphic, the themes are for mature audiences, the focus is on adults  You need to be a grown-up to watch. If what happens including losing a favorite character is too traumatizing, it's past your bedtime.

• Love 18

The fact that people can get this bent out of shape and venture into CrazyTown territory over a fictional character on a (let's face it) not great TV show baffles, amazes and kind of scares me.

My feelings on the subject are most eloquently and succinctly summed up by the immortal words of Elvis Costello:

"Oh, I used to be disgusted

Now I try to be amused...."

Good Lord these people are nuts.  I'm all out of sympathy, empathy, compassion, and patience.  Last time I got a text telling me where the petition is at, I responded - "Pathetic.  Bitch is dead."

Actually I thought it was quite prophetic when, during an SOA Afterword discussion following last week's episode, Kurt Sutter said (in relation to the death of a female character on the show), "Hey - the bitch just had to die."

;>

• Love 4

I don't care about the concerns of some silly girls [who are no doubt an embarrassment to girls the same age who aren't silly].  I came to watch zombies eat people, if I wanted some idiotic teen romance I'd watch the fucking CW. 

This is an adult show: it has sex scenes, the violence is graphic, the themes are for mature audiences, the focus is on adults  You need to be a grown-up to watch. If what happens including losing a favorite character is too traumatizing, it's past your bedtime.

This might be my favorite post ever.

• Love 5

Good Morning America ran a segment on the petition this morning calling the character the "voice of hope."  Reaching ever new heights of absurdity, the anchors actually sat around on national television discussing how you shouldn't be able to come back from a head shot but maybe it really was all a dream.

The end is nigh.

• Love 7

Can I legally marry this post?  Surely some state in the Union has legalized it by now.  Because I totally would.

As far as Beth being "the voice of hope", yeah... not so much.  Judith is a waaaaaaaaay better voice of hope.  And the bonus is, she hasn't been shot in the head yet.  Go Judy!  Don't encourage the delusionals, GMA!

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 4

As someone who was a fan of Beth in spite of her relationship with Daryl, I do think the criticism of misogyny is valid. I just think all the focus on whether or not she can come back is bizarre. I guess that's the media "hook," but frankly, I just think it makes people look foolish. 

• Love 4

As someone who was a fan of Beth in spite of her relationship with Daryl, I do think the criticism of misogyny is valid. I just think all the focus on whether or not she can come back is bizarre. I guess that's the media "hook," but frankly, I just think it makes people look foolish. 

Pete, just curious, where is the misogyny in Beth's death?

• Love 3

To me, building up her relationship with Daryl mostly so we could see him kill Dawn in her name and carry her out of the hospital, and so forth, skirts that edge. Ultimately her story wasn't about her and was about Daryl's suffering. Yes I do think we'll get some of Maggie too, but it's mostly been Daryl. And using a woman solely for that purpose, especially when it wasn't organic to the story (the way that Lori's death was for Rick and Carl), is bothersome.

• Love 6

it has sex scenes

I guess you could call them that, as long as you don't blink and miss them.

This "Bring Back Beth" lunacy: There is only one show that did alter a plot line due partly to consideration of what fans wanted and that was on "Dexter", but it was an easy diversion and made sense.

It's not about Beth, the person/character, anyway. It could have been any generic young woman who got the fangirls squirming and itching to bang Daryl by proxy.

As long as there is Tony Almeida re-animator juice in the fictional universe there is hope for Beth. In fact it may have been the Tony Almeida re-animator juice that caused the The Walking Dead's ZA. Damn it someone! Where's my man purse?

• Love 3

To me, building up her relationship with Daryl mostly so we could see him kill Dawn in her name and carry her out of the hospital, and so forth, skirts that edge. Ultimately her story wasn't about her and was about Daryl's suffering. Yes I do think we'll get some of Maggie too, but it's mostly been Daryl. And using a woman solely for that purpose, especially when it wasn't organic to the story (the way that Lori's death was for Rick and Carl), is bothersome.

I don't see it that way at all.  Prior to the "relationship" with Daryl, Beth was three things and three things only: Herschel's daughter, Maggie's sister, and Judith's babysitter.  Oh yeah, and four - that girl who sang long songs sometimes.  She didn't have a "story".  The time with Daryl gave her a story.  It established her in a non-familial, non-custodial relationship.  It made her real.  It showed what she had to offer.  And then she died... as have many characters before her of both sexes and with backstories of various depth and potential.   Her ability to reach the heart of Daryl was both surprising and a real credit to her as a person.  She went deeper even than Carol.  Her death wasn't about his pain but certainly adds to it.  Daryl cried for his brother as well.  In very simplistic terms, it says something to have someone cry for you when you are gone and it says something that you're being gone has a lasting effect on another character.  I still don't see the misogyny.  Lori's death was hard on Rick and Carl.  But Andrea's death was hard on Michonne.  Herschel's death was hard on everybody.  Rick has mourned as long and as hard for Shane as he did for Lori.  Rick and Carl had many tears for a supposedly lost Judith.  Daryl fell to the ground in tears for Merle and cried in Beth's arms for HER father.  I don't see a set up that is fueled by sexism.  What I see in a show like this, is that SOMEONE will inevitably be the next to fall - male, female, young, old, strong, weak and the true testament of who they were when they were alive is how much they are missed when they aren't. 

One other thing - I never thought of Beth as a "woman".  To me, Beth was a child, like Carl, and her role, like Carl's, was primarily to spur the strength of his or her respective protector.  Could you see a scene with Rick if he loses Carl?  He'd promptly kill/gut all the cops and wards in the hospital.  Carry out Carl's body.  Roll around on the ground for days moaning.  Bite the jugular or machete every human he encounters.  Have in depth conversations with the Sherrif's hat.  Run around hugging child zombies, screaming "Carul!!"  It would be a hot mess - worse than Morgan.  Carl gives Rick purpose, and until otherwise replaced, Beth did that for Daryl. 

The showrunners have already warned us that this show will never be about a big happy family, sitting around being big and happy.  It's an examination of how to go on in the midst of never ending suffering.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 10

I don't see it that way at all.  Prior to the "relationship" with Daryl, Beth was three things and three things only: Herschel's daughter, Maggie's sister, and Judith's babysitter.  Oh yeah, and four - that girl who sang long songs sometimes.  She didn't have a "story".  The time with Daryl gave her a story.  It established her in a non-familial, non-custodial relationship.  It made her real.  It showed what she had to offer.  And then she died... as have many characters before her of both sexes and with backstories of various depth and potential.   Her ability to reach the heart of Daryl was both surprising and a real credit to her as a person.

That's the way I see it as well. She was a peripheral character and I never really took note of her very much (except for the "singin'" which I loathed) until the episode with just her and Daryl, in which she emerged as a person. For me, her sex never entered into her death in any way.

• Love 5

This is off the current subject a bit, but I think all the adults saw Beth as a surrogate daughter/niece (including Daryl). And after Hershel's death, they were probably even more devoted to keeping her safe for their fallen brother. I think her death will weigh heavily on them all, and it will be interesting to see how each person reacts. They currently have a pretty crappy record when it comes to keeping their young people alive. I think that, more than anything, would make me go off the deep end (if I were in their place). 

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 5

Good Morning America ran a segment on the petition this morning calling the character the "voice of hope."  Reaching ever new heights of absurdity, the anchors actually sat around on national television discussing how you shouldn't be able to come back from a head shot but maybe it really was all a dream.

The end is nigh.

I watched that segment. They quoted the petition as calling the character the "voice of hope". They also pretty much agreed she had her head blown off and while it was unlikely yeah they could  make it a dream, but (imo) seemed pretty skeptical of that happening.

As for the misogyny claims; I don't see it that way. When Scott Gimple took over one of the things he wanted to do was flesh out the B & C players.  Part of splitting up the group was to be able to give them stand alone eps that could hopefully help them feel more like multi-dimensional characters. In otherwords to build up some investment in the characters. Sure Darryl was the one who shot Dawn, but I saw tears and shock in Rick & Carol. We also got Maggies breakdown. Since we have seen what happens next, I think it's a bit premature to say her death was to further Darryl's man pain. I expect to see ALL of the group grieving over her loss.  I think in part Gimple did his job. People cared about Beth because she had become more than just the girl who baby sat and sang songs. Honestly I think Gimple was looking to tighten up the storytelling and when all was sad and done EK's skill as an actress weren't up to the task of making Beth and interesting character in terms of where he wants to take the story. The show is popular enough now that it can attract actors with stronger resumes and skills. 

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 7

Eugene could employ his science fiction knowledge to open a portal and find an alternate universe version of her, who escaped by leaving Noah behind with his injured leg. I'm not sure what her schtick would be, though. The Governor already did the eyepatch. A goatee seems highly improbable. Maybe she'll just dye her hair black and wear leather? I think I'll ship her with Father Gabriel, since it's the only thing that might make him interesting.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 1

The end is nigh.

I think that confirms it was a slow as fuck news day, which is usually a good thing.:)

I don't see it that way at all.  Prior to the "relationship" with Daryl, Beth was three things and three things only: Herschel's daughter, Maggie's sister, and Judith's babysitter.  Oh yeah, and four - that girl who sang long songs sometimes.  She didn't have a "story".  The time with Daryl gave her a story.  It established her in a non-familial, non-custodial relationship.  It made her real.  It showed what she had to offer. 

I have to say that Beth's time with Daryl didn't do anything for me. I already knew she was a nice girl with faith and hope and all that jazz. :)  At a stretch, I suppose I could say that she grew a bit of a backbone by standing up to Daryl and not letting him sink into despair, but that's about it to my recollection. Since I didn't see a budding romance between her and Daryl, I really didn't feel that there was some big story on the horizon for her. Had they both reunited with the gang, I'm not sure that he and Beth would have suddenly been inseparable; they'd probably be friendlier to each other, but I think they would naturally gravitate back to their old roles/friendships/relationships.

If I'm correct in thinking that Daryl saw her more as a kid than a woman, I don't think it would have made sense for their stories to continue to intersect all that much once they were no longer adrift togetherr.

• Love 8

I have to say that Beth's time with Daryl didn't do anything for me. I already knew she was a nice girl with faith and hope and all that jazz. :)  At a stretch, I suppose I could say that she grew a bit of a backbone by standing up to Daryl and not letting him sink into despair, but that's about it to my recollection. Since I didn't see a budding romance between her and Daryl, I really didn't feel that there was some big story on the horizon for her. Had they both reunited with the gang, I'm not sure that he and Beth would have suddenly been inseparable; they'd probably be friendlier to each other, but I think they would naturally gravitate back to their old roles/friendships/relationships.

If I'm correct in thinking that Daryl saw her more as a kid than a woman, I don't think it would have made sense for their stories to continue to intersect all that much once they were no longer adrift togetherr.

Well let's be clear, it didn't DO anything for me either!  :)  Other than put me to sleep. I also didn't see a currently budding romance because of the age difference.  I did, however, acknowledge the fact that if she didn't die, and... oops on that one, Beth would one day soon be a bona fide woman and perhaps a viable option for Daryl.  I thought that because, annoying as she was, she had a certain tenaciousness matched with a non-judgemental nature that seemed to work on him.  She didn't let him shut her down with his gruffness (and later downright roughness) and when she got to the source of the weakness he hid that made him so gruff in the first place, she didn't recoil from it and ultimately drained that festering wound and affirmed his manhood.  All the while getting him to do exactly what she wanted him to do in the first place.  Not all women can do that.  It is a gift.  And a man who NEEDS that is lucky indeed to find a woman who can do it (I can't stop myself from adding here that I also think that Michonne has an innate ability to fill Rick's specific emotional needs as well - as does Maggie with Glenn).  What I'm talking about here is compatibility.  I found them oddly compatible.  Currently inappropriate but ultimately compatible.  I was glad to see her go, for my own sake, but I felt bad for what he'd lost in her.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 2

I watched that segment. They quoted the petition as calling the character the "voice of hope". They also pretty much agreed she had her head blown off and while it was unlikely yeah they could  make it a dream, but (imo) seemed pretty skeptical of that happening.

I'm glad it wasn't quite as bad then.  I had the volume turned waaaay down for fear my brain would do something drastic and leak out my ear or splatter out the back of my head to escape the inanity of it all.

Not as many as you'd get if you named it "Shoot Beth Again!", I expect.

Like Kenny from old school South Park?  That's what my husband thinks they should do, keep bringing her back just to find new and inventive ways to kill her every couple of episodes to keep the crazies riled for free publicity in a "be careful what you ask for" sort of a thing.  He's kind of a natural shit stirrer like that.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 7

I wish I could blink and miss Abraham and Rosita in the book store. 

And Lori and Shane in the woods behind the rock quarry...doggie-style.  Blech.

Beth did help Daryl get out of his depression after the prison when he thought everyone else was dead and he felt responsible, but I think Carol and Rick went deeper than Beth in helping him find self worth and a better family.  Carol was the first to reach out to this irritable redneck and told him he was "every bit" as good as everyone else, and Rick adopted him and has been a better brother to him than Merle ever was.   Rick and Daryl's "you're my brother" scene had far more resonance than all of the Daryl/Beth interactions put together.  Likewise, I thought Beth and Noah's interactions were more believable and also had more resonance than all of Daryl/Beth. 

If she had to be in a relationship with anyone I would have paired her with Noah; even though I was spoiled on her death I was still happily on the Boah ship when it sank to the bottom when Beth got her brains blown out.

Beth could have been an interesting character if only a better and more age-appropriate actress had been cast.  Almost all of the characters have had hit or miss writing but EK was just not strong enough to elevate Beth past the places where the writing was a miss (and she turned scenes into clunkers when the writing was a hit).

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 5

I . . . look, I don't want to negate their perfectly legitimate sorrow at her death and I don't doubt that a good chunk of them are mourning her for HER and not for Darryl and what could have been (blag).  But that petition is over 40k now and when you scroll down past the bad spelling and grammar, you see petitions below that one to Pass the Michael Brown Jr law to equip police with body cameras and to save a Pakistani mother sentenced to death.  Use your sorrow and your anger for GOOD.  Take this opportunity to get those 40k people to donate to a charity in Beth or Emily's name.  If all the legitimate individual signers gave a dollar, they'd have raised a really good chunk of money, an impressive amount in fact (even if it wouldn't be 40grand because I don't at all believe those are all different signers).

I saw on tumblr that Emily supports music programmes in inner city schools - pick a city, pick a programme, PICK ONE.  Donate.  That would not only get them the publicity they wanted and show EK that they will miss her but it would do some good as well.  I just wish all this passion was being used usefully and not in this frustrating manner.  All of course, IMO YMMV etc etc (please note, I am Australian, hence my spelling of the word programme.  Also, colour, labour, favourite.  Man, the show Survivo(u)r kills me . . . )

Also, spoons.

Edited by TallulahBelle
  • Love 13

Use your sorrow and your anger for GOOD.  Take this opportunity to get those 40k people to donate to a charity in Beth or Emily's name.  If all the legitimate individual signers gave a dollar, they'd have raised a really good chunk of money, an impressive amount in fact (even if it wouldn't be 40grand because I don't at all believe those are all different signers).

I saw on tumblr that Emily supports music programmes in inner city schools - pick a city, pick a programme, PICK ONE.  Donate.  That would not only get them the publicity they wanted and show EK that they will miss her but it would do some good as well.  I just wish all this passion was being used usefully and not in this frustrating manner. 

Are you familiar with Misha Collins from Supernatural? :D  He did just that: saw the passion of the SPN fans and channeled it into charitable works. Fucking awesome, if you ask me...

• Love 3
I'm not sure what her schtick would be, though.

A big flap in the back of her head where her skull opens up and they can store food and small guns, also spoons in her empty cranium.  (There isn't any brain taking up the space anymore...)

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 6

Are you familiar with Misha Collins from Supernatural? :D  He did just that: saw the passion of the SPN fans and channeled it into charitable works. Fucking awesome, if you ask me...

Misha was exactly who I was thinking of when I first saw the petition, I've donated to a bunch of his projects and his work in Haiti.  That's exactly what these guys could be doing - and I bet EK would be incredibly grateful for that kind of outpouring of love and affection/appreciation for her work as well.  (To be fair to the fans, I'd actually like EK herself to come out and suggest something like this, help them channel their frustrations in a helpful way, she knows they're doing all this with all the publicity it's been getting, there's no way she doesn't - rather than wasting money on plastic spoons and now the cards that they're sending to her.  Because again, SPOONS.)

Edited to add - it would also be an amaaaaaazing bit of really positive publicity for EK.  I can't believe her management haven't suggested she do something with it . . .

Edited by TallulahBelle
  • Love 6

So, EK debuted the music video for her new song "Rockstar". Imagine my disappointment that the titular rock star is the boyfriend and the chorus is "I'm gonna marry a rock star". What a worthy goal!! And basically the entire thing is about how her life revolves around him and his career, but maybe sometimes he'll let her use the studio equipment to record  "the little poems" she writes. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

She's super cute looking in the video, but everything else in it was painful, IMO.

The "dancing"? Can I use one of the spoons to stick in my eye? Less painful than those "moves".

Dropping "The Walking Dead" into your lyrics? Holy fuck.

Edited by NoWillToResist
  • Love 5

WOW, just wow. This woman is 29 years old, what is the target audience for her song? 12 year olds?

So it's sexist and mysoginistic that her character was killed off on a TV show, but it's OK for her to sing a song about her goal of marrying a rockstar and living her life in his shadow. Pathetic.

• Love 8

So, EK debuted the music video for her new song "Rockstar". Imagine my disappointment that the titular rock star is the boyfriend and the chorus is "I'm gonna marry a rock star". What a worthy goal!! And basically the entire thing is about how her life revolves around him and his career, but maybe sometimes he'll let her use the studio equipment to record  "the little poems" she writes. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

She's super cute looking in the video, but everything else in it was painful, IMO.

The "dancing"? Can I use one of the spoons to stick in my eye? Less painful than those "moves".

Dear God WTF did I just watch?!

The song: atrocious.

The lyrics: cringeworthy.

The "dancing": embarrassing. 

It's like something put together by a bunch of high schoolers, not a 29 year old woman with a professional production crew. And the "Walking Dead" line is opportunistic and tacky.

• Love 6

I don't buy the manpain conspiracy. Daryl's actions and reactions were appropriate based on his relationship to Beth. Maggie breaking down over Beth's death is appropriate based on her relationship. About time. When Daryl barely reacted to Carol's banishment, there was some uproar, not because we just wanted to see manpain, but because their relationship warranted more reaction.

The only situation I find that might fit a manpain conspiracy theory is Tyrese's pain about Karen's death. But in that situation the manpain bugged because it was out of proportion to the relationship.

I just don't see how Daryl killing Dawn in Beth's name is any more offensive than the group killing termites in Bob's name. 

• Love 7

Dear God WTF did I just watch?!

The song: atrocious.

The lyrics: cringeworthy.

The "dancing": embarrassing. 

It's like something put together by a bunch of high schoolers, not a 29 year old woman with a professional production crew. And the "Walking Dead" line is opportunistic and tacky.

Watching her "dance" immediately reminded me of her awkward walk through the doors and to the elevator with the doc to deposit the body. I had asked on that show thread why she was walking so stiffly with her arm jacked up. It's clear now she has coordination issues. 

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 5

Yeesh. 

I had thought that EK was immature but I had no idea how emotionally stunted she really was.  Danai is not much older than she is and she's trying to bring attention to the problem of human trafficking, Lauren is about the same age as Emily and she can present herself like an adult.  Emily does...this?  EK's dumber than a bag of hammers.  No wonder the Twilight crowd likes her so much.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 7

Ok folks. I did it. I transcribed the lyrics to the best of my ability:

I’m gonna marry a rock star. Gonna move downtown
Loft a bed above his practice space. Guitars hanging all around
He’ll wake up while I’m whispering “babe, it’s almost noon”
We can kiss all day in this tiny room
We like to walk wearing matching black Converse shoes
instead of diamond rings we’re getting new tattoos.
Instead of walking down the aisle it’s a backyard gig
Just an ice cream cake and the people we dig
Oh yeah. Yeah yeah yeah yeah (repeat)

I’m gonna marry a rock star. Go to every last show
Nod my head to the bass drum. From the very front row
I help my baby move his gear to the stage from the van
I take pictures on his phone for his Instagram
He’s gonna make it big. He’s gonna sell so many tracks
Through the ups and downs, I’ll be the lover that lasts
Oh yeah. Yeah yeah yeah (repeat)

I don’t mind picking up the bill
It won’t be long until
A studio in the hill
A souped up mixing board (?) sometimes he’ll let me record
The little poems I write then we go out at night to the satellite

He plays key guitar for so many bands
He’s got talented, tough, rock ‘n’ roll type hands
I feel ‘em on my back, on my neck, on my face
Every chord progression makes my heart just race
When he sees me in the crowd, when he blows me a kiss
I don’t know how life can get much better than this

I’m gonna marry a rock star
And when he’s touring ‘round the world
I’ll send him unreleased Walking Dead episodes
So on the plane he’s not bored.
He sends a picture of the buildings in each new city
He texts me every afternoon just to tell me I'm pretty
Before I go to bed, miss you baby goodnight
Kissy heart emoji do you need sexy Facetime
Never worry about a local groupie trying to take a ride
My lover only likes ladies Twitter verified, like me
Yeah yeah yeah (repeat)

Gonna marry a rock star.
We got a love you can’t doubt
Wrinkle right up next to each other
Get all the stains out (?)

END.

I think my brain just revolted. I don't know whether to be impressed or horrified that she somehow included "instagram", "Twitter verified", "emoji" and "Facetime" in her lyrics. Dropping TWD in the lyrics though? Damn...maybe that's why she was so upset that her character was killed off? ;)

I need to lie down.

Edited by NoWillToResist
  • Love 13