Type keyword(s) to search

Under The Dome Will Return For A Third Season

I knew this was coming back. I prepared myself to be subjected to another season of this ridiculous series. Why can't we quit this show? I watch The Following too but I enjoy that show. It's charmingly dumb and it's plots have a purpose and build to a conclusion  which keeps me interested. UtD has plots that make no sense and disappear from one episode to the next. People are trying to (or do)  kill each other one week and are then working together the next like it was no big deal.

Oh well, see you guys next summer. At least we have the snark and recaps to reward us for watching.

• Love 2

This makes my whole week brighter, although with Pauline dead they'd better find another artistic genius.

They are going to have to scour the preschools to find an artist of that caliber. 

Sadly, given the CBS/Amazon deal, this show is essentially paid for well before it ever airs.

It's going to have to sink pretty darn low to be cancelled.

And while it dropped a bit from the year before, it still did better than the other networks in that time slot. 

This show is so bad that it is fun to watch and snark on, unlike, say, Madam Secretary, which is just dumb so far. 

• Love 2

Proving that narrative illogic, bonkers dialogue and shameless product placement are no barriers to decent ratings, Under The Dome has been renewed for a third season by CBS.

Uh, *raises hand* that's exactly what makes the show entertaining for me.

• Love 1

Well, I guess that explains the weird vision I painted recently.

25qr6lc.jpg

Although I'm not sure why my TV has rabbit ears in the future.

Don't all y'all rush to hire me as an art teacher, now.

Edited by Tippi Blevins
  • Love 16

Tippi - that's the best. I hear that both Chesters Mill and Zenith are in the market for Crazy Art Teachers, so you should have your pick of jobs.

Seriously this is the greatest news ever. Has there ever been a more entertaining summer time comedy? Not to mention tat we'll be able to find out if Julia's jeans were able to pull through. I absolutely hate it when these kinds of shows are cancelled right in the middle of such a gripping cliff hanger.

I just saw the Tomorrowland trailer, so congrats to Britt Robertson for escaping this nightmare. Her career is definitely going in the right direction. Dean Norris? Not so much. I wonder if his contract contains an option where he can demand to be killed off ASAP in order to prevent further damage to his career? This crap is so bad, that it might just offset whatever good buzz he got from BB.

• Love 1

From Mike Vogel's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Mike_Vogel/status/575453286876106752

Apparently they're starting filming tomorrow.  Flew right under my radar.

And it's moving to Thursday, right up against Hannibal: http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/cbs-announces-summer-2015-premiere-dates.html

And the premier isn't going to be written by Stephen King: http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/under-dome-episode-301-title-revealed.html

Well, take it all in people.

So, done by next week, then?  Add an afternoon for editing and they're good to go for the summer.

Meh.  I'll be watching Hannibal anyway.  Mike Vogel's cute and all, but Hannibal has better storytelling and acting.

So, done by next week, then?  Add an afternoon for editing and they're good to go for the summer.

Since they are no longer "Under the Dome", some weird bizarre space as seen at the end of last season, will they rename the show -- something like "The Barbie Loves Julia Funtime Happy Nonsense Hour".

• Love 4

CBS put out a preview of the new season.

I thought Big Jim died at the end of the last season. Maybe that was just wishful thinking.

The show just won't be the same without Pauline's vomitrocious artwork.

(edited)

I thought Big Jim died at the end of the last season. Maybe that was just wishful thinking.

He should be dead, but since we didn't ACTUALLY see him die, the writers can do whatever they want.

At the end of last season, here's the State of the Dome (SotD):

• The Dome was moving down, crushing anything/everything in its path
  • Big Jim was in the forest with a gunshot wound in his left shoulder (courtesy of Junior), and a knife wound in his right foot (courtesy of Julia) moving slowly through the forest Pepe Le Pew-style after Junior towards the tunnel entrance.
  • Julia and Junior were trapped on the wrong side of the big gap in the tunnel because of Julia's wounded leg (from the ambulance accident) with the bandages on the outside of her jeans.
  • After leading all the remaining townsfolk to a tunnel deadend filled with glowing butterflies (that all flew off down the tunnel), Barbie touches the rock that had the single non-glowing monarch butterfly on it. The rock glows and shatters the tunnel wall to reveal Drownsie/Melanie in an featureless white room where Drownsie says "Follow Me. We're going home."

Based on that clip, it looks like everyone in the tunnel enters the white room and then magically appears back on the surface in a field with blue skies near the edge of where the dome used to be (based on the extended pile of dirt)-- and a new dome forms.  Dome 2.0 -- The Quickening, I guess.

Julia confronts Big Jim on the surface, so she obviously got out of the tunnel and then takes a swing at him.

Julia appears to be trapped in a spaceship from Farscape or Falling Skies, and someone has her pinned against the wall of the ship with one hand

Junior is trapped underwater.

Someone surfaces in the lake, kind of like Drownsie or when Barbie et al returned to the inside of the Dome.

Barbie reunites with Julia, and an unconscious Junior, on the surface.

Barbie is dressed in tactical gear with a team of 2 other similarly dressed guys.

Big Jim continues to evolve in to a over the top cackling maniacal villain.

Let the WTFery begin !!

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

He should be dead, but since we didn't ACTUALLY see him die, the writer's can do whatever they want.

At the end of last season, here's the State of the Dome (SotD):

• The Dome was moving down, crushing anything/everything in its path
  • Big Jim was in the forest with a gunshot wound in his left shoulder (courtesy of Junior), and a knife wound in his right foot (courtesy of Julia) moving slowly through the forest Pepe Le Pew-style after Junior towards the tunnel entrance.
  • Julia and Junior were trapped on the wrong side of the big gap in the tunnel because of Julia's wounded leg (from the ambulance accident) with the bandages on the outside of her jeans.
  • After leading all the remaining townsfolk to a tunnel deadend filled with glowing butterflies (that all flew off down the tunnel), Barbie touches the rock that had the single non-glowing monarch butterfly on it. The rock glows and shatters the tunnel wall to reveal Drownsie/Melanie in an featureless white room where Drownsie says "Follow Me. We're going home."

Based on that clip, it looks like everyone in the tunnel enters the white room and then magically appears back on the surface in a field with blue skies near the edge of where the dome used to be (based on the extended pile of dirt)-- and a new dome forms.  Dome 2.0 -- The Quickening, I guess.

Julia confronts Big Jim on the surface, so she obviously got out of the tunnel and then takes a swing at him.

Julia appears to be trapped in a spaceship from Farscape or Falling Skies, and someone has her pinned against the wall of the ship with one hand

Junior is trapped underwater.

Someone surfaces in the lake, kind of like Drownsie or when Barbie et al returned to the inside of the Dome.

Barbie reunites with Julia, and an unconscious Junior, on the surface.

Barbie is dressed in tactical gear with a team of 2 other similarly dressed guys.

Big Jim continues to evolve in to a over the top cackling maniacal villain.

Let the WTFery begin !!

I didn't know that the Dome was Immortal! There can be only 1! *sorry, couldn't help :p*

Damn it. I was hoping he'd be killed too! This season is going to be f'd up!

CBS put out a preview of the new season.

The show just won't be the same without Pauline's vomitrocious artwork.

Somehow Big Jim shooting the TV seems accurate in the promo.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm embarrassingly excited for this crap to come back. Hate watching, the name is Under the Dome.

So happy for Britt Robertson that she got out of there. Angie was my favorite character, but she's in a better place now. (A live action Disney movie with George Clooney! )

Has an Under the Dome drinking game been established? eg take a shot whenever Nori whines, take a shot when Big Jim does something evil that doesn't help anyone (including himself), take a shot when Barbie and Julia remind us that they're in love and ignore how he killed her husband...because if we can be real, this show makes no sense sober.

Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 4

I am excited that this show is coming back soon.  Not the actual watching of the show, of course.  I am anxiously looking forward to reading the forums after watching the show.  I watch many (most?) of the top rated sitcoms, but nothing makes me laugh as much as reading the forum for UTD.  

• Love 3

Not the actual watching of the show, of course.  I am anxiously looking forward to reading the forums after watching the show.  I watch many (most?) of the top rated sitcoms, but nothing makes me laugh as much as reading the forum for UTD.

It is better and you still won't miss anything good.

• Love 1

I just finished a rewatched of Season 2 - not as bad as I remembered. Could be because so much of television this season has been so bad that really Under the Dome is not as much of an outlier as it was.

• Love 3

I just finished a rewatched of Season 2 - not as bad as I remembered. Could be because so much of television this season has been so bad that really Under the Dome is not as much of an outlier as it was.

Maybe we need to put Olivia Benson under the dome ;). SVU has been as crazy as Under the Dome at times this year.

• Love 1

I didn't know that the Dome was Immortal! There can be only 1! *sorry, couldn't help :p*

Damn it. I was hoping he'd be killed too! This season is going to be f'd up!

If they escape the Dome they go back in? Just like the resistance on the old V (1980's) they would escape the mothership and sneak back on for some reason or other.

I watch the previews warning us of the show's return this summer with both anticipation and dread.  The teasers promise that Under the Dumb will be as hideously bad as ever.  So another summer of watching, laughing, cringing, and being ashamed of myself for tuning into this one.  Can't wait!

• Love 4

If they escape the Dome they go back in? Just like the resistance on the old V (1980's) they would escape the mothership and sneak back on for some reason or other.

Again?  They already ripped off Lost with that pointless subplot when they had Barbie and the new characters (half of whom ended up dying) went back to Chester's Mill last season.