Type keyword(s) to search

Barbara Evans

• Start Topic

One of my daughter's friend was brought up by his grandmother. Not only did this grandmother raise him, but his two brothers and one sister. They all have nothing but raise and adoration for her. When she was diagnosed with cancer it devastated the whole family.

I know Barbara is no saint and has made mistakes but I think she has come a long way from the 16 and Pregnant episode. I don't know if she has had therapy or as Jace has aged, it isn't as hard for her as when he was a baby. But I do see her not engaging with Jenelle as much. I do see Jenelle goes off on anyone for any reason. That's the reason her and Uncle Creeper are still working because he just goes along with what she says, but as soon as the tide turns, she will be screaming and asking why he is so mean to her. 

Barb having been a victim of domestic violence knows the signs and that was one of the reasons she was the way she was when David locked Jenelle in the room and she wouldn't come out, she was worried about Jenelle and wanted to see that she was ok. 

As a parent, I am not perfect and I have said some questionable stuff that I regretted. I'm not excusing Barb or anything, but when I see her and Jace without Jenelle around, I have hope for him. I agree that Barb needs to limit the time around Jenelle because it is getting to be more harmful for Jace, but I also see that she is between a rock and a hard place and she is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't with Jenelle. A part of me is glad that she let's Jace see Jenelle so that he can see what a train wreck and see how Jenelle is. But if Barb had kept Jace from Jenelle, could you imagine the full fledged assault Jenelle would make on Barb and the things she would put into Jace's head to try to turn him against Barb? It would be fully fledged WWIII, so like I said Barb is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. 

And if Barb wants a companion, there is nothing wrong with it. As long as the man doesn't harm Jace than there is nothing wrong with it. And she could have had several by now like Jenelle but she hasn't because she has been picky and thought about what it would do to Jace to get attached. And I totally respect that because I did the same for my daughter. She does not know her father and I did not parade men in and out of her life because I didn't want her to get attached and be heartbroken if they left. People often would ask why, why, why and did not understand my decision. I saw from my friends that it is harmful to the child and I was also scared to death of someone harming my child, so I just made the decision to be alone. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I imagine some retired men might go to bars during the day to watch sports, play pool or darts, and socialize, and gasp!, maybe have a drink or two. Instead of sitting home alone in their houses. At least Barb would have the chance to meet the guys in person, and not through some sketchy "dating app."

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, ArizonaGrown said:

This is exactly what I am talking about in how Barb is not a good mother to Jenelle never has been - trying to force your teen addict to get a job and be there for her child is going to solve a lot. When a teen acts out like Jenelle did any therapists will tell you they are screaming for help - Jenelle did not get it from her mom and it is safe to say she never did. To chalk up Babs behavior to DV towards her children is ridiculous just because your husband or boyfriend is beating you up doesnt mean that you have to neglect to be there as much as you can for your children when you can. If anything I think mothers that are going through DV sometimes go over board trying to compensate for the fact that they stayed in a DV relationship and exposed their children to it for as long as they have- but in the world we live in today there is so much information on this very subject and how to help children exposed to this come out of these deals less effected - THAT IS IF the parent is interested or worried about helping the children involved. That would be Barb who as far as I can see admits to exposing her children to such living conditions has never expressed guilt or active action to heal the damage done. There is no excuse for not doing this in todays society with so much self help and information as well as therapists that are trained to do so- not just for Jenelle but for all three of Barbs children and Barb herself. Why anyone would think she is going to parent Jace differently just because of HER attachment to him ( which her reasons are suspect to me) and to fill a need for herself to get a "do over" without actively showing that she is professionally getting help to break her own patterns of behavior is reckless and mostly based on emotional response not looking at the actions of this person. To suggest that it is okay for Barb to throw away her own child for acting out as teen so therefor is a bitch or bad person to the core and then keep her child and do so until this damaged person fixes themself if they even can is so wrong on every level it makes my head hurt- where I come from you make one mess you clean it up before you get to start another. If you are so inclined and a good multitasker maybe you can work on cleaning up one while slowly earning the right to start on another. So what I am saying and I am just going to say it like I truly see it is that if Barb is going to impress upon me that  she has learned and changed her ways of parenting which has been a direct cause of her three childrens lives being a reck (not one of them have any emotional stability or do their children) then she would be doing some of the hard work on herself with therapy etc to insure that she DOES NOT  make the same mistakes she already did BUT she is never shown that and instead lives with her own denial and anger. Nobody knows how Jenelles children will turn out that she raises yet - but we have living proof with Barb. Yes everyone likes to speculate about Jenelle and how bad they will be but with Barb there is not speculation only history and living examples. It pains me to see Jenelle continue to be berated for her temper tantrums to the point of being called an evil non human waste of air while her mother is getting a free pass on her mistakes. I also would like to point out that little children show how they feel with bad behavior (just like Jenelle) and Jace is seen on camera with Barb acting out a lot - but not with Jenelle. In one scene he was kicking the back of Barbs seat in her car when she picked him up from Jenelle and she pulled car over to tell him to stop - Jace told her to shut up. I have yet to see him show such anger towards his mother - he is happy with her for the most part only sad once when she was fighting with Nathan. If this bad behavior we see from him was only caused by ADHD we would see him acting this way with Jenelle too. This season Addy at her young age showed that she did not want to go with her mother when Leah was picking her up from Jeremy - again never seen this or anything like it from Jace. To say he is glad that Barb is keeping him from his mother is so far from the truth and has no action shown by the little boy to back it up. 

To those who want to accuse me of being a deranged twitter fan of Jenelles - I will say this I am not if you look you will see I have been a member here for a long time and I was at TWOP with same screen name as now for years as well. 

When I watch this show I watch Jenelle waiting for the expected disappointment in her behavior and have gotten shocked many times by her while not thinking I would - so I watch her with total side eye most of time. I am not longer angry at her but sad for her and for Jace - I do not feel the same for Barb as she is a grown woman who continues to shock me with her ridiculous behavior on the show. I will not give her a pass as not being able to know how to be better any more than I will Jenelle who is still very young so she truly doesnt know better Barb does but chooses to continue acting like a rotten brat. Barb who chooses to go to bars to meet someone "decent" during the day while Jace is at school instead of God forbid a dating app and puts Jenelle down for having bad boyfriends when what "decent" man is in a bar during the day Barb is screaming in my mind just is more proof of her choice to make bad decisions as a very grown 63 yr old. Mike lived with her didnt he ? Before he gave her crabs according to Barb and she of course got back with him before kicking him to the curb. I am not bringing these things up about her to just cut on her - I am trying to express what I see in her that is very similar to Jenelle because I think they are a train wreck of a family and the head of that family has been Barb - and no you can not compare her to the other parents on this show who all show the ability to truly care for the grandchildren they have and put the kids first not themselves. They all show growth (except for Kails mom ) in their acceptance of their errors and making sure they fix it with their grandbabies. (Im sorry add Dawn to the list with Kails mom) Jeff Simms is very possibly the best grandfather ever and Randy is always trying for his daughter and granddaughter that is all I think I need to see to show admiration NONE of which I see in Barb. My hope is that Jenelle is young enough to be able to continue to seek help to break the sad sick cycle that her family is in and that Barb will only be supportive of her in doing that so Jace  might have a chance. I will not say it is right to sacrifice Jace to Barb for the mean things Jenelle has done or the 5 or so years she got to have with him - no I wont. 

How is it harmful to Jace ? Does he come home hurt crying asking not to go again ? Again statements being made that are based on emotions not facts or events. And I dont mean the what ifs that never happen either that gets slapped on Jenelle. 

I'm not going to side with your entire post because, like you, I don't know all of the facts. However, I have to admit that you did make some valid points that has gotten me to think a bit.

Ex: Jace only acts up when he's around Barbara and I've never seen him act up around Jenelle. 

Ex: Barbara yells at Jace a lot (she's also with him full-time instead of being the fun weekend caregiver) yet Jenelle talks to Jace calmly and on an adult level.

Ex: That is odd to go find a "decent" man to be allowed around Jace at a bar in the day time. I'm not going to generalize much but don't alcoholics drink during the day at the bar instead of being at work?

I can understand a lazy Saturday afternoon but since Jace was at school it was a work week (I know some people get their days off during the week).

I don't feel that Jenelle is ready to have full custody, especially with Uncle Bad Touch around, but if you were to never have seen Jenelle on any episodes and just saw her the way she is currently she doesn't appear to be at the level that a child should be not allowed to live with their mother.

She did do everything she said she would to get her crap together. Finished school, got off heroin (she probably still smokes pot but imo that crap is less of an endangerment than alcohol) and I think she should get baby's steps to show she could handle custody.

For instance, two full weeks uninterrupted during the summertime or when Jace has breaks from school due to holidays she should have him to prove if she's going to be able to handle it and be a positive force for Jace.

I don't think Jenelle should have full-custody as Jace has been with barb since day one but I think more than every other weekend. That is what adumb gets and he cares less about his kid only taking Aubree for TV money and to stick it to Chelsea.

Babs is a funny lady and she sacrificed a lot to somehow apologize for the things her kids had to witness by helping them more with the grandkids. Babs undoubtedly loves Jace but I somehow feel that she's no different than Jenelle.

Ex: Babs clearly is a whino - Jenelle smokes pot 

Ex: Babs is always ready for a yelling match - Jenelle is always ready for a yelling match 

Ex: Babs is looking for love in a bar in the daytime - Jenelle picks up losers on tinder (whatever happened to meeting people by chance? Lol Like, I dunno, the gas station - right Chelsea?)

There are so many similarities except Barbara never abandoned her kids to go party. However, Jenelle was 17 at the time and regardless of the vacations she takes, she's been good with Kaiser. Those vacations were paid for by endorsements so it would be no different if it were a father going on a business trip.

Again, Babs has done a terrific job as a grandmother stepping in to keep Jace out of the system with foster homes and she deserves the utmost respect for her sacrifice - I will always commend her for stepping in. I just feel that Jenelle has improved to the level of having her son at least more than being just a weekend warrior. 

She hasn't FULLY IMPROVED just a smidgen enough MORE to get an extra day or so to start proving her capabilities. 

Crap, I know I'm going to get hate for this post and I'm afraid some of you will misunderstand my point. I'm not saying Jenelle is on Chelsea's level of just that I've seen worst mothers out there that still have their kids and Jace and Jenelle do get along as far as I can see on a TV screen.

They're always doing fun stuff together (it could just be for television to look good) like Karate, swimming lessons, the ball pit trampoline place a few times.

I'll stop now. Please don't be too harsh on me I love coming onto this forum you people are funny with all your snark and I love participating I'm just sharing a few little things I've noticed and I could very well be wrong in my observation.

Love me ? :-D

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 3

As far as Jace yelling at Barb and never Jenelle, I've noticed that children tend to act up more with their "parents" than other caregivers as 1. Their parents have them more often so it's statistically more likely and 2. They know their parents are going to love them unconditionally no matter how bad they behave so they get the worst. 

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

As far as Jace yelling at Barb and never Jenelle, I've noticed that children tend to act up more with their "parents" than other caregivers as 1. Their parents have them more often so it's statistically more likely and 2. They know their parents are going to love them unconditionally no matter how bad they behave so they get the worst. 

Heres some interesting reading about parenting and caregivers - they are long reads but worth it  interested in some hard facts- 

http://family-studies.org/more-than-60-of-u-s-kids-live-with-two-biological-parents/
https://aspe.hhs.gov/basic-report/children-nonparental-care-review-literature-and-analysis-data-gaps\kb
http://patch.com/california/carlsbad/bp--how-mothers-spread-borderline-personality-disorde37ca7270a9

Not sure what if any label has been given to Barb or Jenelle but the last link sounds just like the crap seen on tv season after season with these two. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, ArizonaGrown said:

This is exactly what I am talking about in how Barb is not a good mother to Jenelle never has been - trying to force your teen addict to get a job and be there for her child is going to solve a lot. When a teen acts out like Jenelle did any therapists will tell you they are screaming for help - Jenelle did not get it from her mom and it is safe to say she never did. To chalk up Babs behavior to DV towards her children is ridiculous just because your husband or boyfriend is beating you up doesnt mean that you have to neglect to be there as much as you can for your children when you can. If anything I think mothers that are going through DV sometimes go over board trying to compensate for the fact that they stayed in a DV relationship and exposed their children to it for as long as they have- but in the world we live in today there is so much information on this very subject and how to help children exposed to this come out of these deals less effected - THAT IS IF the parent is interested or worried about helping the children involved. That would be Barb who as far as I can see admits to exposing her children to such living conditions has never expressed guilt or active action to heal the damage done. There is no excuse for not doing this in todays society with so much self help and information as well as therapists that are trained to do so- not just for Jenelle but for all three of Barbs children and Barb herself. Why anyone would think she is going to parent Jace differently just because of HER attachment to him ( which her reasons are suspect to me) and to fill a need for herself to get a "do over" without actively showing that she is professionally getting help to break her own patterns of behavior is reckless and mostly based on emotional response not looking at the actions of this person. To suggest that it is okay for Barb to throw away her own child for acting out as teen so therefor is a bitch or bad person to the core and then keep her child and do so until this damaged person fixes themself if they even can is so wrong on every level it makes my head hurt- where I come from you make one mess you clean it up before you get to start another. If you are so inclined and a good multitasker maybe you can work on cleaning up one while slowly earning the right to start on another. So what I am saying and I am just going to say it like I truly see it is that if Barb is going to impress upon me that  she has learned and changed her ways of parenting which has been a direct cause of her three childrens lives being a reck (not one of them have any emotional stability or do their children) then she would be doing some of the hard work on herself with therapy etc to insure that she DOES NOT  make the same mistakes she already did BUT she is never shown that and instead lives with her own denial and anger. Nobody knows how Jenelles children will turn out that she raises yet - but we have living proof with Barb. Yes everyone likes to speculate about Jenelle and how bad they will be but with Barb there is not speculation only history and living examples. It pains me to see Jenelle continue to be berated for her temper tantrums to the point of being called an evil non human waste of air while her mother is getting a free pass on her mistakes. I also would like to point out that little children show how they feel with bad behavior (just like Jenelle) and Jace is seen on camera with Barb acting out a lot - but not with Jenelle. In one scene he was kicking the back of Barbs seat in her car when she picked him up from Jenelle and she pulled car over to tell him to stop - Jace told her to shut up. I have yet to see him show such anger towards his mother - he is happy with her for the most part only sad once when she was fighting with Nathan. If this bad behavior we see from him was only caused by ADHD we would see him acting this way with Jenelle too. This season Addy at her young age showed that she did not want to go with her mother when Leah was picking her up from Jeremy - again never seen this or anything like it from Jace. To say he is glad that Barb is keeping him from his mother is so far from the truth and has no action shown by the little boy to back it up. 

To those who want to accuse me of being a deranged twitter fan of Jenelles - I will say this I am not if you look you will see I have been a member here for a long time and I was at TWOP with same screen name as now for years as well. 

When I watch this show I watch Jenelle waiting for the expected disappointment in her behavior and have gotten shocked many times by her while not thinking I would - so I watch her with total side eye most of time. I am not longer angry at her but sad for her and for Jace - I do not feel the same for Barb as she is a grown woman who continues to shock me with her ridiculous behavior on the show. I will not give her a pass as not being able to know how to be better any more than I will Jenelle who is still very young so she truly doesnt know better Barb does but chooses to continue acting like a rotten brat. Barb who chooses to go to bars to meet someone "decent" during the day while Jace is at school instead of God forbid a dating app and puts Jenelle down for having bad boyfriends when what "decent" man is in a bar during the day Barb is screaming in my mind just is more proof of her choice to make bad decisions as a very grown 63 yr old. Mike lived with her didnt he ? Before he gave her crabs according to Barb and she of course got back with him before kicking him to the curb. I am not bringing these things up about her to just cut on her - I am trying to express what I see in her that is very similar to Jenelle because I think they are a train wreck of a family and the head of that family has been Barb - and no you can not compare her to the other parents on this show who all show the ability to truly care for the grandchildren they have and put the kids first not themselves. They all show growth (except for Kails mom ) in their acceptance of their errors and making sure they fix it with their grandbabies. (Im sorry add Dawn to the list with Kails mom) Jeff Simms is very possibly the best grandfather ever and Randy is always trying for his daughter and granddaughter that is all I think I need to see to show admiration NONE of which I see in Barb. My hope is that Jenelle is young enough to be able to continue to seek help to break the sad sick cycle that her family is in and that Barb will only be supportive of her in doing that so Jace  might have a chance. I will not say it is right to sacrifice Jace to Barb for the mean things Jenelle has done or the 5 or so years she got to have with him - no I wont. 

How is it harmful to Jace ? Does he come home hurt crying asking not to go again ? Again statements being made that are based on emotions not facts or events. And I dont mean the what ifs that never happen either that gets slapped on Jenelle. 

I can't bold on my phone, but to comment about Jace yelling at Barb and not when with Jenelle. I'll give my two cents. First- (preface: I'm an early childhood educator) I was at a conference not long ago about noticing signs of abuse. One of the signs was to see where a child acts up. Often, if a child feels threatened or scared they won't let their guard down to complain, whine, etc. and then act up around those who they trust the most. Basically saying, he likely doesn't act up around Jenelle because he may be afraid to "rock the boat" whereas with Barb he feels he can let his guard down and show emotion. Now, I am certainly not implying Jace is physically abused by Jenelle. There is absolutely no evidence that I've seen, but maybe that he still may be threatened or scared. 

Second- maybe MTV likes to give the "good edit" to the moms. look how much fun they have with their moms! 

Edited by Farmfam
  • Love 19
30 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

I'm not going to side with your entire post because, like you, I don't know all of the facts. However, I have to admit that you did make some valid points that has gotten me to think a bit.

Ex: Jace only acts up when he's around Barbara and I've never seen him act up around Jenelle. 

Ex: Barbara yells at Jace a lot (she's also with him full-time instead of being the fun weekend caregiver) yet Jenelle talks to Jace calmly and on an adult level.

Ex: That is odd to go find a "decent" man to be allowed around Jace at a bar in the day time. I'm not going to generalize much but don't alcoholics drink during the day at the bar instead of being at work?

I can understand a lazy Saturday afternoon but since Jace was at school it was a work week (I know some people get their days off during the week).

I don't feel that Jenelle is ready to have full custody, especially with Uncle Bad Touch around, but if you were to never have seen Jenelle on any episodes and just saw her the way she is currently she doesn't appear to be at the level that a child should be not allowed to live with their mother.

She did do everything she said she would to get her crap together. Finished school, got off heroin (she probably still smokes pot but imo that crap is less of an endangerment than alcohol) and I think she should get baby's steps to show she could handle custody.

For instance, two full weeks uninterrupted during the summertime or when Jace has breaks from school due to holidays she should have him to prove if she's going to be able to handle it and be a positive force for Jace.

I don't think Jenelle should have full-custody as Jace has been with barb since day one but I think more than every other weekend. That is what adumb gets and he cares less about his kid only taking Aubree for TV money and to stick it to Chelsea.

Babs is a funny lady and she sacrificed a lot to somehow apologize for the things her kids had to witness by helping them more with the grandkids. Babs undoubtedly loves Jace but I somehow feel that she's no different than Jenelle.

Ex: Babs clearly is a whino - Jenelle smokes pot 

Ex: Babs is always ready for a yelling match - Jenelle is always ready for a yelling match 

Ex: Babs is looking for love in a bar in the daytime - Jenelle picks up losers on tinder (whatever happened to meeting people by chance? Lol Like, I dunno, the gas station - right Chelsea?)

There are so many similarities except Barbara never abandoned her kids to go party. However, Jenelle was 17 at the time and regardless of the vacations she takes, she's been good with Kaiser. Those vacations were paid for by endorsements so it would be no different if it were a father going on a business trip.

Again, Babs has done a terrific job as a grandmother stepping in to keep Jace out of the system with foster homes and she deserves the utmost respect for her sacrifice - I will always commend her for stepping in. I just feel that Jenelle has improved to the level of having her son at least more than being just a weekend warrior. 

She hasn't FULLY IMPROVED just a smidgen enough MORE to get an extra day or so to start proving her capabilities. 

Crap, I know I'm going to get hate for this post and I'm afraid some of you will misunderstand my point. I'm not saying Jenelle is on Chelsea's level of just that I've seen worst mothers out there that still have their kids and Jace and Jenelle do get along as far as I can see on a TV screen.

They're always doing fun stuff together (it could just be for television to look good) like Karate, swimming lessons, the ball pit trampoline place a few times.

I'll stop now. Please don't be too harsh on me I love coming onto this forum you people are funny with all your snark and I love participating I'm just sharing a few little things I've noticed and I could very well be wrong in my observation.

Love me ? :-D

You shoudnt have to be afraid to say what your honest opinion is - that is the reason for these forums is to talk about what we see and how we feel about that - if not its like joining a fan or hate club with one sided opinions only - boring. I think it is great that Im not alone here as I usually feel so I dont comment cause Im afraid of backlash like you. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I keep reading that Janelle should get Jace back. Well then Janelle should get her ass to court and at least try to make that happen. Screaming at Barb about it isn't  making it happen. Does she expect Barb to just hand Jace over?  I ask because Janelle has been talking about getting Jace back for years and she hasn't really done anything about it.  

Barb allows Janelle to see Jace.  Can Barb  hand over Jace for weeks during the summer?  I guess she could,  but I bet David is one  of the reasons she is hesitant to do so.  I'll be honest David scares the hell out of me.  I can't imagine being  a little boy, and having to around  him. 

Once Janelle goes to court I'll believe her. I think she loves to play the victim. 

Barb is not perfect or a saint.  She is however the one person that has been there for Jace. Jace does act up around Barb,  kids do that,  pushing boundaries, seeing what they can get away with. Acting out just to act out at times. It's usually in the environment they feel safe in. Is Jace going to try to see what he can get away with around David?  God no!  I wouldn't, the man is scary. At 6 I'm sure Jace knows what Janelle is all about,  he's not doing anything to piss those 2 off. 

I guess my point is,  there is nothing stopping Janelle from adjusting the custody agreement.  She could get Jace every weekend and 6 week during the summer.  Can you imagine that? :) 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 13
(edited)

I can't bold on my phone, but to comment about Jace yelling at Barb and not when with Jenelle. I'll give my two cents. First- (preface: I'm an early childhood educator) I was at a conference not long ago about noticing signs of abuse. One of the signs was to see where a child acts up. Often, if a child feels threatened or scared they won't let their guard down to complain, whine, etc. and then act up around those who they trust the most. Basically saying, he likely doesn't act up around Jenelle because he may be afraid to "rock the boat" whereas with Barb he feels he can let his guard down and show emotion. Now, I am certainly not implying Jace is physically abused by Jenelle. There is absolutely no evidence that I've seen, but maybe that he still may be threatened or scared. 

I understand what you're saying. I don't think Jenelle is abusive to Jace at all. He probably gets along better with her than he does with Barb at home. Because Jenelle is the "part time caregiver." She's the person he gets to see only once in a while, and he knows she's his mom and he loves her and wants to spend time with her and have fun with her, so he's not going to act up in her house because (a) he might be afraid that if he does, if he steps out of line or misbehaves and makes her mad, she might not want him to come around as much and he obviously wouldn't want that, and (b) since she's the designated "fun parent" she likely does not discipline Jace nearly as much as Barbara does/would and so there is probably little reason for him to act out or throw tantrums there anyway. His acting out when with his grandmother has nothing to do with anything that Barbara is doing. It's because he got to change his routine for a couple of days and spend time with his mother, and then he has to disrupt his routine again to go back home and he's mad. Like a kid. Also, he can be a brat when he's around Barbara in general because she's the person he's allowed to act up around, because he can get away with it. Nothing will happen to him or be taken away from him by misbehaving around her. He's still going to live with Memere; he's still going to go home with Memere. He can't do that at Jenelle's house. He might not get to go back.

Also, about the routine thing, it must be noted that Chelsea has stated many times that Aubree also acts up when she comes home from visiting Adam/his parents, likely because of the change of routine. It's not because of anything Chelsea's doing.

I keep reading that Janelle should get Jace back. Well then Janelle should get her ass to court and at least try to make that happen. Screaming at Barb about it isn't  making it happen. Does she expect Barb to just hand Jace over?  I ask because Janelle has been talking about getting Jace back for years and she hasn't really done anything about it.  

And she probably never will. I don't know if Jenelle should get Jace back, but she likely could if she bothered to try. Like, actually try. Get her shit together. Get a stable home for Jace to live in, have a job, have a school lined up for him to enroll in, the whole thing. Have her proof that she is ready to be his full-time mother and there is no reason why she shouldn't get to. Go to court and file the papers and make it happen. Perhaps she's hoping they can all just do this the easy way, the least stressful way. Barbara can just agree with her once and for all to give custody back, and they will just go to court to have the judge sign off on their mutual decision. But Barbara keeps shutting her down. But no one's stopping Jenelle from doing it the hard way, just going to court and filing the documents to challenge custody whether Barbara likes it or not. Perhaps she doesn't want to have to actually sue her own mother. She's always screaming about having to take her own mother to court because of Barbara's refusal to "give" Jace back. Perhaps she hates that it has to come to that. But if she really wanted Jace back, if this really mattered to her, she would do it anyway. It's not personal. You just do what you have to do. But she won't.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Exactly. Also, I think Jace is afraid of Jenelle and her loser of the day, so he "behaves" with them. He is comfortable acting out with Barbara.

• Love 19
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

I understand what you're saying. I don't think Jenelle is abusive to Jace at all. He probably gets along better with her than he does with Barb at home. Because Jenelle is the "part time caregiver." She's the person he gets to see only once in a while, and he knows she's his mom and he loves her and wants to spend time with her and have fun with her, so he's not going to act up in her house because (a) he might be afraid that if he does, if he steps out of line or misbehaves and makes her mad, she might not want him to come around as much and he obviously wouldn't want that, and (b) since she's the designated "fun parent" she likely does not discipline Jace nearly as much as Barbara does/would and so there is probably little reason for him to act out or throw tantrums there anyway. His acting out when with his grandmother has nothing to do with anything that Barbara is doing. It's because he got to change his routine for a couple of days and spend time with his mother, and then he has to disrupt his routine again to go back home and he's mad. Like a kid. Also, he can be a brat when he's around Barbara in general because she's the person he's allowed to act up around, because he can get away with it. Nothing will happen to him or be taken away from him by misbehaving around her. He's still going to live with Memere; he's still going to go home with Memere. He can't do that at Jenelle's house. He might not get to go back.

Also, about the routine thing, it must be noted that Chelsea has stated many times that Aubree also acts up when she comes home from visiting Adam/his parents, likely because of the change of routine. It's not because of anything Chelsea's doing.

And she probably never will. I don't know if Jenelle should get Jace back, but she likely could if she bothered to try. Like, actually try. Ger her shit together. Get a stable home for Jace to live in, have a job, have a school lined up for him to enroll in, the whole thing. Have her proof that she is ready to be his full-time mother and there is no reason why she shouldn't get to. Go to court and file the papers and make it happen. Perhaps she's hoping they can all just do this the easy way, the least stressful way. Barbara can just agree with her once and for all to give custody back, and they will just go to court to have the judge sign off on their mutual decision. But Barbara keeps shutting her down. But no one's stopping Jenelle from doing it the hard way, just going to court and filing the documents to challenge custody whether Barbara likes it or not. If she really wanted Jace back, if this really mattered to her, she would do this. She won't.

I agree the routine shake up is probably  more to do with Jace's behavior. As you mentioned Chelsea has talked about Aburey acting out. My own son who's 6 was great for about a week out of school, then after that he really started acting out.  He has autism,  so routine is very important to him,  but all kids need it.  And when things are shaken up children can act out. 

I think  Janelle could definitely get more time with Jace and not on barb's terms if she went to court.  I just think,  going court is something Janelle doesn't want do because that will open the door to other questions.  I don't really know much about what Janelle would have to prove/show the court.  Would David also have to be looked at as far how suitable he is to live in a home with Jace?  I just think Janelle knows once she involve the courts,  she will be held accountable for her actions. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4
(edited)

Hmmm...Jace never acts out or curses out at Jenelle. Neither would I if I were him. My ass would probably get locked in a room, like Kaiser. Jace is afraid of Jenelle and her boyfriend. Dave has already called him out for "acting like a girl".  Jace sees what happens when Jenelle is at her worst. He is also a child who gets to play violent video games at Jenelle's and does not have the rules that he has at his house. That kid is not going to rock the boat in either direction. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

After Jenelle said something to the effect of "Dave is teaching Jace how to be a boy," I would never want Jace around them.

ETA: Sorry I missed this post.  Yes! It goes along with my comment about Jace acting like a girl. Definitely something to be leery about. 

Overall, I want another Barb special. Especially if it  gives us more insight into Jace's world.

• Love 7

I wanted to address where one poster said Barbara shouldn't have tried to make Jenelle get a job, as an addict. In my opinion, she absolutely should have had to get a job, no matter the extenuating circumstances! Barbara likely has mental/emotional issues as well, but she never had the time or luxury to become an addict, because she was so busy as a single mother trying to support 3 kids. 

When a new baby is born, someone has to support it, and why shouldn't it be the parent?! The teen mom money wasn't rolling in at that point, and barb was already taking care of all the financial needs, including daycare, AND staying up with him all night, feeding him, etc. Shouldn't Jenelle be expected to contribute in some way to this child she solely chose to bring into the world? Many parents make teens get jobs when they don't have kids, just for their own expenses!

I also thought it was extra generous that barb wasn't pushing the job thing right after Jace was born. She offered Jenelle a "maternity leave" of sorts, and what did she choose to do with it? Go out every night partying, and say she couldn't wait for Jace to start daycare. And who was paying for all this partying? You guessed it...Barb!

• Love 10

Dave wouldn't hesitate to smack Jace around and Jace knows it. That kid has experienced nothing but volatility and dysfunction since he was in the womb. His instincts and survival skills are probably well honed at this point. He doesn't have the luxury of acting up with Jenelle the same way he does with Barb.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Example: Aubree coming home from Adams house comes to mind. 

What at is wrong with Barbra going to a bar. If most of the girls interactions with friends/family is producer driven by hints and ideas of what to discuss and do, why can't Barbra's be, too? 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I just wanted to address this point. My mom is a bartender and begins her shift at 11am. She has a lot of regulars come in then that are third shifters just getting off work and having a drink before going home to bed. So Barb just might be able to find herself her hard working, decent man at a bar during the day. 

• Love 11

How typical of Jenelle to blame MTV for making her look bad on Barb's special. And what was that lie about Barb "ripping Jace from her arms"? How rich. I clearly remember how that whole thing went down. Jenelle was too busy partying, getting high, and ABANDONING Jace on Barb, not asking her mom to watch Jace. Geez. If my 18 year old ass had come home pregnant, you can bet your bottom dollar I would have kissed my friends and my party ways goodbye. My parents would not have tolerated for one second of me being able to abandon my newborn on their laps while I went out all night. That shit would have never happened.

Jenelle can go and take a giant leap with her accusations. No one makes her look bad but herself. For all the talk about therapy, when the hell will this girl get into therapy? She may not be doing heroin, but there is a lot more going on with her that needs to be dealt with by a professional or two. I am not talking about her 498,075 diseases.

This special was a great insight into Barb's life and I really enjoyed it except for the phone call with Jenelle. Other than that, I really enjoyed watching her going dress shopping with her daughter. I wonder if Jenelle has bothered to take her mother shopping? I know she hasn't taken her mother on vacations unless it was to be a babysitter. When has Jenelle taken her mom on a much-needed vacation? All those losers get the vacation time for what reason? For sticking it into Jenelle's mouth?

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Example: Aubree coming home from Adams house comes to mind. 

What at is wrong with Barbra going to a bar. If most of the girls interactions with friends/family is producer driven by hints and ideas of what to discuss and do, why can't Barbra's be, too? 

Barbara can have fun at the bar, I was only worried about the companion she'd pick up there. Usually (not all) men that hang out in Bar rooms in the daytime a. Have no job. b. Avoiding going home because the stress of home life which means married c. Alcoholic based on what I've seen so subjective observation. Heck, I'd like to join barb on a glass of wine in the afternoon once in a while - she's fun have around when you're buzzing haha! :-)

In addition, I've read what most of you had said about Jace wanting to be on his best behavior around his mom and Uncle Bad Touch and I totally forgot to put myself in his place. UBT is a scary dude and I'd be an angel if I had to be around him as a child.

However, even before UBT came into the picture and the many other loser dudes, I still always seen Jace getting along with Jenelle. I still remember that cute scene of them alone together for breakfast at the restaurant and Jace was imitating her. He doesn't seem scared around her. I agree with UBT. He needs to GET OUT of Jenelles house before Jace were to EVER move in with his mom. I don't trust that dude and his insensitive verbal abuse to the kids sends chills down my spine.

My defense was I feel she is at the level to where she should earn more time and she needs to take her lazy behind to the court house  instead of barking about it - do it already - but dump the creep.

Which reminds me I really hope she's not pregnant and just bloated off and on like I get. I'm sensitive to sodium and one pickle (I looooove pickles) will get the pregnant rumor mill going as I bloat bad! Entering 2nd pregnancy type of belly bloat bad and I'm slim. :-)

Like I said, I don't have all of the facts only what MTV editors show me and I was trying to me optimistic for Jenelle because I want to see families grow together and be happy - ?

#1. Dump Uncle Bad Touch

#2. Get real job outside of endorsements and TM2

#3. Therapy/ Counselor with mother to talk about the root of their issues (they both need counseling)

#4. Hug both your kids more and just enjoy them without having losers around. Nothing is more fun than spending alone time with my kids at the park, zoo, etc and just getting to know them as an individual without distractions from control freaks.

?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Calm81 said:

Barbara can have fun at the bar, I was only worried about the companion she'd pick up there. Usually (not all) men that hang out in Bar rooms in the daytime a. Have no job. b. Avoiding going home because the stress of home life which means married c. Alcoholic based on what I've seen so subjective observation. Heck, I'd like to join barb on a glass of wine in the afternoon once in a while - she's fun have around when you're buzzing haha! :-)

In addition, I've read what most of you had said about Jace wanting to be on his best behavior around his mom and Uncle Bad Touch and I totally forgot to put myself in his place. UBT is a scary dude and I'd be an angel if I had to be around him as a child.

However, even before UBT came into the picture and the many other loser dudes, I still always seen Jace getting along with Jenelle. I still remember that cute scene of them alone together for breakfast at the restaurant and Jace was imitating her. He doesn't seem scared around her. I agree with UBT. He needs to GET OUT of Jenelles house before Jace were to EVER move in with his mom. I don't trust that dude and his insensitive verbal abuse to the kids sends chills down my spine.

My defense was I feel she is at the level to where she should earn more time and she needs to take her lazy behind to the court house  instead of barking about it - do it already - but dump the creep.

Which reminds me I really hope she's not pregnant and just bloated off and on like I get. I'm sensitive to sodium and one pickle (I looooove pickles) will get the pregnant rumor mill going as I bloat bad! Entering 2nd pregnancy type of belly bloat bad and I'm slim. :-)

Like I said, I don't have all of the facts only what MTV editors show me and I was trying to me optimistic for Jenelle because I want to see families grow together and be happy - ?

#1. Dump Uncle Bad Touch

#2. Get real job outside of endorsements and TM2

#3. Therapy/ Counselor with mother to talk about the root of their issues (they both need counseling)

#4. Hug both your kids more and just enjoy them without having losers around. Nothing is more fun than spending alone time with my kids at the park, zoo, etc and just getting to know them as an individual without distractions from control freaks.

?

People have night jobs too. That is likely one reason why some people were shown at the bar. Also, people do go to restaurant/bars during their lunch break. I did many times. Professionals and blue collar workers go to bars it is not always the kind of people that some seem to think. 

Edited by GreatKazu
To fix what my device failed to fix.
  • Love 9

Plus let's just say that she goes to the bar and the only men there are unemployed, married, or alcoholics. Barb has the sense to say, "nope!" and leave. Jenelle, on the other hand, would make sure she walked out of there with a companion, no matter what the cost...

• Love 15

My bad for making assumptions based on my isolated observations - I, too, have enjoyed a spiked drink in the afternoon before heading off for a day with the in-laws. ? 

I do understand third shift workers, as well. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Calm81 said:

For the longest time we hardly ever saw him in Jenelle's care and her care alone. He's with Barb a lot more than Jenelle. It's very common for a child with a custody situation like this to be good at the "new" place and act up when they get back home. Also, Jenelle has like zero expectations of him. He can drink Coke and play video games all day. I have my issues with Barb, but she's not the "fun" house. She's the one making sure his homework is done and his room is cleaned up. 

7 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Barb yells way too much. At Jace, around Jace. I don't like it. But no. Jenelle has yelled plenty. Did you miss the time when he spilled juice? But again, see my above post - she doesn't have the same responsibilities as Jenelle. Also, like Barb, Jenelle yells AROUND Jace. She instigates it more often than Barb does, so she's getting no passes from me. Her other kid? Get left in a playpen half the day. 

1 hour ago, ivgotspirit02 said:

I just wanted to address this point. My mom is a bartender and begins her shift at 11am. She has a lot of regulars come in then that are third shifters just getting off work and having a drink before going home to bed. So Barb just might be able to find herself her hard working, decent man at a bar during the day. 

Sometimes if the bar has good food, people will go there for lunch and not even drink. My husband is in construction. Sometimes a contractor will want to meet for lunch and go over a few things. They don't drink, since they're going back to work. But they're typically dirty and feel more comfortable in a bar than a nicer, sit down restaurant. I think she could certainly meet a decent guy in a bar. But I also bet that entire setup was producer driven. I'd like to see Barb meet another single grandparent at one of the Boy Scout meetings!

• Love 6

All I know is, I'd rather watch her show than anything that has Jenelle in it. I remember we all mentioned once before about taking Barb out for some drinks and laughs.

I love how Barb seems to enjoy her life and having Jace there. She doesn't come off as a person who seems to be stucked or saddled down with a child, wishing she could be alone. The scenes that have been shown of Barb playing with Jace, and there have been plenty, she seems so happy. There is something about caring for a child and playing with that child that can bring out happiness. For me, it brings out the kid in me. I am always feeling that way when I am playing with my nieces and nephews who are around Jace's age. It is healthy too for both Jace and Barb. Jace is lucky and blessed to have a grandmother who can actually do things with him and be in a healthy state since a lot of grandparents (and I know a handful) who are caring for grandchildren full-time, are not in the best of health or don't have the money due to financial reasons such as disability, SS, or not having worked. For all of Jenelle's harping and putting down her mother for working at Wal-Mart, it is THAT job that provided Jace a roof over his head and his health insurance most likely among many other things. Jenelle can't even cough up money for child support. The one time she was paying, she was only paying $125 a week. Barb finally decided to just let things go as far as support was concerned.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

A big part of me thinks Jenelle only wants Jace so she can have someone to babysit Kaiser while she and Dave are doing whatever behind locked bedroom doors.

And to keep Dave's daughter company. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Calm81 said:

My bad for making assumptions based on my isolated observations - I, too, have enjoyed a spiked drink in the afternoon before heading off for a day with the in-laws. ? 

I do understand third shift workers, as well. 

It would also be fine if Barb met a guy who is retired, and is living off a decent pension. They could be there in the daytime, too! ?

• Love 8

Couple things guys. 1) if you are agreeing with a poster who has a wall of text posted maybe consider an @ mention vs quoting their already long post just to say "I agree + my paragraph". Ex: "Hey @Mya Stone that was a great post! I agree that Janelle's name starts with a  J! IMHO blah blah fishcakes..."

2) Don't feel you have to be defensive about your position. This is not a fan site and all should be welcome to post.

3) Please stop the "well SOME people" type posts. If someone is posting stuff you disagree with or you don't like or you just CANNOT with them, IGNORE. I'm not sure why we keep having to say this particular point. Really, get some satisfaction that they'll be posting into an echo chamber. 

Thanks!

image.jpeg

• Love 2

The whole thing with Barb ripping Jace out of poor unsuspecting Jenelle's arms really pisses me off.  But even moving on from that, Jenelle has never made any actual attempt to "get Jace back" besides the once-a-season visit to the lawyer to talk about it. 

If Jenelle truly wanted Jace back, she could have had him by now.  I honestly think that if she went to court and asked for custody that she would get it.  Courts generally prefer the child to live with their parent and she could prove that she has a house, regular income and hasn't been arrested for at least a few months.  More to the point, Barb has always hoped that Jenelle would raise Jace.  There was never this great conspiracy for Barb to raise him and she has said plenty of times that if Jenelle got her sh*t together that she would be open and encouraging of custody talks.  

Plus if Jenelle is oh so worried about her precious son living with this baby-stealing evil witch, she would have done something by now.  For all this talk about how horrible Barb is, Jenelle is perfectly happy to wave goodbye to Jace for another week, content in the knowledge that she won't be driving him to school, helping him with his homework, taking him to Scouts and cooking him dinner. I would bet money that she wasn't at the doctors appointments for Jace's ADHD or his first day of Scouts.  Hell I wonder if she has ever picked him up for school!  

Point being that I have a grand total of ZERO sympathy for long-suffering Jenelle since she has never actually done anything to get custody of Jace. Get back to me when you have done more than speak to a lawyer and send a few court notices.

• Love 18
(edited)

Exactly. I have personally known addicts who have actually gone to prison, come out, get clean and sober, get into post-rehab therapy while getting an education, and get custody back of their kids in less than 4 years.

Here is Jenelle going on 7 years and she is still crying and bitching about custody. Well then you dumb bitch, go and fight for custody. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

Well, custody for Jace will have to wait as Jenelle brings in another child into the world with baby number 3 on the way. Way to go, bitch. Let your oldest child feel he wasn't good enough for you and you couldn't bother to obtain custody of him while you go and have your second child with another guy. Stupid bitch. 

• Love 8

I suspect Jennelle was informed by one of her magical attorneys that Houdini-ed her ass out of jail sentences, that she probably would get Jace back. It most likely ended with "careful what you wish for, you just might get it".   That's why she stopped just short of following through with her "attempts" to get custody. Thank goodness if that's what happened. 

• Love 5

During one of Janelle's appointments with an attorney for filming purposes, she told Janelle that with the domestic violence between her and Nathan, she probably would not get Jace as long as they were living together. Janelle pouted that if she left Nathan, then Kaiser wouldn't have both of his parents. She let the custody issue drop that time, like she did when she was too busy because she was going to school, and when she needed to get Kaiser's custody settled first, and the numerous other reasons she has given, on camera, for not pursuing custody.

I don't think Janelle believed that she wouldn't be able to continue being a teenager once she had Jace, in part because I think she knew her mom would step up to parent. This person she thinks is so horrible. As soon as the reality hit, she bailed, effectively abandoning Jace on Barb. Although MTV showed her marijuana use and, eventually, the heroin, it seems pretty clear that her drug use has been much more extensive. She's stopped using heroin, but not pot, and won't get treatment for her mental health because she will have to stop smoking, and she says that it works on her anxiety more than the pills she was given in rehab, which may be true.

Speaking of rehab, in one of the scenes they filmed with her counselor, he discussed that she was probably bi-polar, but I think, and haven't watched it a long time to be able to be certain, but think that he told her that they couldn't get a firm diagnoses until she had been sober for a certain period of time. It was during the discussion about her brother having schizophrenia, which supported her diagnoses of having a predisposition to mental illness. There was also a call to Barb where she was asked what she wanted as a goal for Janelle, and Barb started saying something about Janelle getting Jace back and raising him, and the counselor shut her down because he said it was a trigger for her. It was one of those scenes that was choppy from the editing and made you wonder what was actually said. But I do believe that Barb was clear that wanted Janelle to be stable enough to raise Jace. 

Assuming that she doesn't abuse marijuana but actually only uses it as medication, Janelle's sobriety from heroin is still not enough to give her custody of Jace because of her poor choices of bringing violent men into her life. If we ignore her violent criminal not too distant past, Both Nathan and Dave shouldn't be around children. I think Kaiser is at risk from Dave, and if given the choice, Barb would take him to keep him safe. Barb was put in a situation without any good choices, and made the decision to support and raise her grandson. She didn't quit her job at Walmart, didn't put up with infidelity of her husband, purchased a home with her MTV money, is planning a trip to France with Jace, put Jace in Scouts, took him to the doctor to be diagnosed with ADHD when he was having trouble in school, and actively supports Janelle and Jace's relationship by driving him to and from visits with her, even though she knows she will be verbally abused, at minimum, by Janelle upon arrival. 

I wish she wouldn't communicate by yelling, not drink to excess (if she does; I didn't watch the episode), and I'm not sure that I would have a problem with her cutting off contact with Janelle as long as Dave is in her life, because my fear of him hurting those kids is so great. I don't see any growth in Janelle since she abandoned Jace with Barb. She quit heroin which is great, and as far as I know has stayed off it, and has completed a degree that is useless for her, from a questionable school. She has also continued to abuse drugs, get in physical and verbal fights, get arrested, ignore her children when they are with her, bring violent abusers around them, left Kaiser with a drug user to go on vacation (just to stick it to Nathan), refused to take Kaiser to the doctor when he was screaming in pain and verbally bitched out Barb when she pointed out that he was in pain, tweeted that Nathan wouldn't call her back after Kaiser fell and struck his head and was then vomiting and bitched out people on twitter who suggested that he needed to go to the doctor and she should know that with her medical training... You know what? There is just too much to list here. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I agree with all this. I'm just thinking she shouldn't but she could. An attorney probably pointed all this out in attempt to see if she is really serious. Since she isn't, that's an easy check. Call her bluff for your own purposes and then cash that check after patting her on the head to keep them coming. Let Jennelle think she's in control. Call her bluff without her even knowing. (I hope I'm explaining that well.)

ETA: Does anyone know what shaver Babs was using on her face? I hope she figures out shaving with the hair growth is softer. Going against it is a little more scratchy even though you might have to shave more often. At least that's what my..., um..., friend told me. Yeah, my friend! Lol

Edited by MissMel
Forgot an inquiry
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think Barb did a pretty lousy job parenting Jenelle because, as was said up thread, she was way out of her depth. When Jenelle acted out Barb resorted to yelling and insulting her. And when that didn't work Barb didn't reassess or get help, she just doubled down on her anger and yelling. Even if she was right that Jenelle was a beast (and she was), Barb's actions did little to change her behavior. 

That said I think she is absolutely right to maintain custody of Jace. Another abusive partner  is reason enough but Jenelle's actions clearly show she hasn't stopped making poor decisions. And everything above applies to Jenelle. If she wants to change Barb's behavior she needs to stop whining/lashing out and do something. In addition to having legal channels she could also show that Jace is a priority by cooperating with Barb in parenting him. Maintain a regular schedule, see him as often as possible, and pay child support. 

Edited by EmmaPeel
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, DNR said:

Poor little Kaiser Roll , he will really be neglected & forgotten with Babs 3rd grandchild on the way . Smdh

As twisted as it sounds, Jenelle abandoning Kaiser to Barb or Nathan's mother would be the best thing to ever happen to him. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

As twisted as it sounds, Jenelle abandoning Kaiser to Barb or Nathan's mother would be the best thing to ever happen to him. 

It was the best thing for Jace since adoption was not chosen.

• Love 8

We've never seen Aubree act up with Adam but we HAVE seen it happen with Chelsea. Are we gonna argue that Aubree is better off with Adam?

Maybe Jace yells and acts up with Barbara because at her house he has rules, chores, and expectations. 

• Love 12
(edited)
7 hours ago, Blissfool said:

We've never seen Aubree act up with Adam but we HAVE seen it happen with Chelsea. Are we gonna argue that Aubree is better off with Adam?

Maybe Jace yells and acts up with Barbara because at her house he has rules, chores, and expectations

Aubree should be with her dad more often- That was actually posted a few weeks back believe it or not.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

I think we can all agree that Barb is not a good choice for any child already prone to mental illness/behavioral disorders, and even a kid not predisposed to having issues might wind up picking up some after a childhood spent with Barb. Barb's big win as a parent is that she cares about her kids/grandkids, and ensures their survival by providing their most basic needs (food, clothes, shelter).

If that sounds like ridiculously low standards, keep in mind Jenelle couldn't/can't even meet them.

And even if this all a trick of the editing, and of the two, Barb is the more emotionally abusive parent, then it's still Jenelle's fault Jace is with Barb. Whether she's the shittier parent, or she abandoned him to the shittier parent, she is still 100% to blame for Jace's lot in life. Jenelle had the choice to put him up for adoption, Barb did not. Jenelle had the choice to focus on getting her life together to reclaim custody instead of getting arrested, picking up various deadbeats and buying them cars and expensive vacations. She had the choice to not add two babies to the mix. She is a complete fuck up and I pin the blame for anything that happens to Jace (regardless of whether it happened on Barb's watch) solely on Jenelle for putting him with Barb in the first place.

• Love 10
On July 15, 2016 at 7:57 AM, imjagain said:

I agree the routine shake up is probably  more to do with Jace's behavior. As you mentioned Chelsea has talked about Aburey acting out. My own son who's 6 was great for about a week out of school, then after that he really started acting out.  He has autism,  so routine is very important to him,  but all kids need it.  And when things are shaken up children can act out. 

I think  Janelle could definitely get more time with Jace and not on barb's terms if she went to court.  I just think,  going court is something Janelle doesn't want do because that will open the door to other questions.  I don't really know much about what Janelle would have to prove/show the court.  Would David also have to be looked at as far how suitable he is to live in a home with Jace?  I just think Janelle knows once she involve the courts,  she will be held accountable for her actions. 

This X1000. Putting aside the fact that Jenelle is a lazy bitch and doing the work needed to petition the court for custody would cut into her couch/vacation time, it would also open an industrial size can of worms. She can scream about not using heroin and getting a useless  certificate until the cows come home. The mile long history of arrests, repeated DV incidents where the cops had to come to her house, etc would all factor into it. It would give the investigator even more reason to question why all this shit happened when she allegedly was not using hard drugs and making claims of 'doing real good'?  And, yes. Uncle Bad Touch and his documented rage would be a major factor.

But, now that she's going to bring another poor child into her sick world, we all know she'll have at least a year's worth of excuses why she has to put her fake quest of 'getting Jace back' on hold.

• Love 8

Jace probably acts up with Babs because she probably deals with him. If Jace threw a tantrum Jenelle would lock him in the room alone. Jenelle is the fun parent for Jace. Jenelle doesn't do shit for him. 

Babs should take parenting classes and get therapy. She isn't perfect but at least she's trying. At least she put Jace first unlike Jenelle. Jenelle can put down her walmart job but Babs walmart job feeds Jace. Jenelle would probably let him starve while getting high. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Jace probably acts up with Babs because she probably deals with him. If Jace threw a tantrum Jenelle would lock him in the room alone. Jenelle is the fun parent for Jace. Jenelle doesn't do shit for him. 

Exactly and Barb has the joy of dealing with Jace after he's spent the weekend with Jenelle inhaling sugar, playing violent video games, witnessing screaming matches and staying up past midnight. Good luck with that.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/15/2016 at 0:03 PM, Chicken Wing said:

I just know I want Barbara to be my wingman next time I go trolling for guys.

Ha. Agree.

Barb may lack some in the parenting department, not to mention having little patience to deal with Jenelle and her drama. I know I do and I am not even dealing with her crap. How this middle-aged woman on menopause handles this crap of Jenelle's, I will never know. Her reaction is to yell back and lose her shit over whatever Jenelle is dishing out. I sit here in the comfort of my own home as I watch Jenelle and I swear I want to reach through my screen and just smack that hideous face of hers.

On 7/15/2016 at 7:57 AM, imjagain said:

Re the bold, Jenelle has likely been told upfront about what will happen if she decides to pursue custody. I am guessing her going back to school was some sort of suggestion made by her lawyer at some point in time. Jenelle probably found the quickest and cheapest way to get an education and thought that would be enough to make her worthy of retaining custody. It was not enough to get clean from heroin. It is not enough for her to have money from MTV.  She had to have been told that she needs to get her life in order. No doubt she was also told she needs to show that she is prepared to provide for Jace a stable and clean home. In order for her to provide that, she would have to show she is financially able to support Jace when this show is over and no more checks are going her way.  A family law lawyer would be upfront with any client when telling them what is expected and required of them when they are trying to obtain custody. No holds barred.

Jenelle has been pretty much all talk. The only times she has even pursued this matter legally is when she has talked to her lawyer. Has there been any actual documents filed beyond the initial documents that one files with a family law court? I am not talking about Jenelle's lawyer sending Barb documents asking her to respond. I am asking about the documents that show a hearing has actually been on the calendar and that Jenelle has actually appeared. Did Jenelle and Barb have mediation before? Foggy memory here. I seem to recall Jenelle being upset about something that occurred between her and Barb concerning custody. This was last season. I think Jenelle was upset about what Barb brought up at mediation. 

Jenelle has failed to be stable and responsible in her own life. How the hell can she offer something she doesn't have to her child?

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3