Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Gators And Haters

• Start Topic

I never said or implied that Teresa isn't a liar. She is. A big, fat, unrepentant liar. My point, my opinion, is I understand why she didn't want to tell Jac her business. I don't think Dina was badgering her the way Jac was but we didn't see Dina last season. Just because I loathe Jac more than any other housewife (excluding Jim 'cause technically he isn't one) on this franchise DOES NOT mean I like Teresa or condone her crimes. I do, however, not blame her one bit for not wanting to have anything more to do with Jac aside from being civil when in each other's company. Which hopefully won't be an issue in a few days anyway.

At the time, when last season was filmed, before the deck fight, Dina and Teresa had NOT spoken to each other since Dina left the show mid-season 2. Both Teresa and Dina have said this. Also, Dina has said that her friendship with Teresa was never very deep, they never confided to each other about their personal worries/problems, they are more party style friends from her, Dina's, description of their friendship.

Teresa was the first to reveal personal information about Jac on camera, not the other way around. Was it childish for Jac to go tit for tat, YES, but she did not do it right away, it took a little while for her to fire back at Teresa but she did because Teresa kept at it. I think Jac thought she had a DEEP, REAL friendship with Teresa and was hurt/surprised to find she was so wrong for all those years! I really believe that both of them have very different views of what a BFF, non family, relationship is. I do not think Teresa could have what most of us have in a real BFF relationship because of her ongoing criminal acts, she could never allow that info to slip out. Teresa may not be book smart but she is street savvy and is very good at reading people, showing/giving them what they want/need without ever truly investing herself emotionally in any friendship outside her immediate family, aka/Joe and the girls. JMO

• Love 1

I don't ever recall Teresa saying Jac is a drunk. Was that in an episode? I get the idea by seeing her behavior on the show. She has been slurring drunk, got obnoxiously drunk at a dinner last season and can't drink her coffee with out her Bailey's. Read her Twitter from last season. She's either a drunk or mentally ill. My money is on both.

Her twitter from the last few seasons have been awful but they could have been caused buy what was happening to Nick. I do think she went off the rails emotionally during that time because of that, again, I do not think Jac is strong emotionally. Yes, Teresa has alluded to Jac's drinking on the show, 1 example was during the first retreat that was family only, before Caroline showed up at Teresa's request and during several of her 1 on 1 interviews when she was talking smack about Jac. I do not remember ever hearing Jac slur her words and she only added Bailey's 1 time during a phone call with her ex about Ashley. This idea that Jac had/has a drinking problem was started by a blogger that disliked anyone other than Teresa and people ran with it.

• Love 1

After watching psycho Jim in the preview if I were Amber I would get a very large life insurance and disability policy on Jim.  It is not if Jim gets his ass kicked or worse it is a matter of when.  He called Teresa a dumb c#nt.  Worse than that he enjoyed the verbal barrage.  I mean like psycho sick and Amber fed right into it.  Her biggest complaint was she wanted these people to like her.  Jim does not want Amber to have any friends.  These two people are freaks and should not have been allowed to procreate.  Jim has major anger issues over the twins and the first responders party-he wants those women annihilated  and humiliated.  I think he is trying to show Bobby what a big man he is and what he can do with words.  Run Amber run!!!!  But keep the policies in force. 

• Love 3

Her twitter from the last few seasons have been awful but they could have been caused buy what was happening to Nick. I do think she went off the rails emotionally during that time because of that, again, I do not think Jac is strong emotionally. Yes, Teresa has alluded to Jac's drinking on the show, 1 example was during the first retreat that was family only, before Caroline showed up at Teresa's request and during several of her 1 on 1 interviews when she was talking smack about Jac. I do not remember ever hearing Jac slur her words and she only added Bailey's 1 time during a phone call with her ex about Ashley. This idea that Jac had/has a drinking problem was started by a blogger that disliked anyone other than Teresa and people ran with it.

I have always wondered about pro-Teresa bloggers.  If there becomes a pro-Jim blogger I can only chalk it up to proving the rights of  all Americans under the First Amendment are alive and well.

I don't take much stock in one RH talking about another RH drinking habits.  Tamra Barney went on and on about Shannon this season and yet it was Tamra who had two nights out where she could not recall the details and admitted to over indulging.  I think Jac was being funny when she made the Baileys crack.  Another time a personal trainer came over and was shown drinking and Jacqueline ended up helping her with her alcoholism.

• Love 1

Yes, there is. Jacqueline was on WWHL last week and discussed her latest face injections, including possible plans for yet another breast reduction.

There's no way for Jacqueline to win here. Unless she can prove that every cent from her Bravo paycheck went to fund Nick's treatment, she'll be open to criticism for exploiting Nick for financial gain.

Jesus - I forgot about that! Talk about ignoring the obvious! Thanks.

None of us know if she was paid more to allow to Nick be filmed or not, I was speculating, hence the words "maybe" or I "wonder". I doubt that we ever will ever know, the same with Teresa. I have read reports that Gia WAS paid to be filmed but who knows what the truth is. Talking about having another PS done does not mean it will happen, only that she would like it to happen. It was reported that her last PS, in Cali., was done for free/comped by the surgeon and that may be the case if she has more. I think she needs to stop ALL the injections and PS but she seems to turn her fears into some form of body image issues, she is really hyper critical of her own looks and that may be more of a result of lack of control in other areas of her life. She may not be able to fix/help Ashley or Nick but she can "fix" herself and that, although sad/worrisome, is not all the rare or uncommon in people that go through big time stress and are not emotionally strong. I hope that Jac is getting therapy to help her deal with all the stress that she has in her life and at the very least, a better support system with REAL friends that understand what she and Chris are going through.

I was glad she was not coming back because I don't think she is strong enough to deal with Nick/autism AND the stress of being on a show based on nasty drama. I was surprised she agreed to come back until I read about their legal problems and the money problems that have followed/stemmed from it. But once again, it costs a great deal of money to treat autism because insurance does NOT cover a lot of treatments as of yet.

I have always wondered about pro-Teresa bloggers.  If there becomes a pro-Jim blogger I can only chalk it up to proving the rights of  all Americans under the First Amendment are alive and well.

I don't take much stock in one RH talking about another RH drinking habits.  Tamra Barney went on and on about Shannon this season and yet it was Tamra who had two nights out where she could not recall the details and admitted to over indulging.  I think Jac was being funny when she made the Baileys crack.  Another time a personal trainer came over and was shown drinking and Jacqueline ended up helping her with her alcoholism.

I have to wonder about ANY blogger that becomes so invested in any 1 HW on a show that is staged, semi/soft scripted and the edited to death!  LOL

None of us know if she was paid more to allow to Nick be filmed or not, I was speculating, hence the words "maybe" or I "wonder". I doubt that we ever will ever know.

I only commented on the money thing because you brought it up! And yes, none of us know for sure, we can only speculate on how the Lauritas spend their Bravo paycheck, except for the things that seem like fact - such as Jaq telling us about her face injections. Those fillers don't come cheap! I agree with your assessment, btw - she probably tweaks herself over and over again because it's something she can control. I think both she and her son would be better off if they were off tv, in school, getting treatment, and in therapy.

Teresa has no credibility in telling people to stop asking about her private affairs and mind their business when she actively and repeatedly sold said business to the press.

This is Teresa in a nutshell. She has no credibility regarding anything. Her life is a facade paid for with stolen money. Hair people, makeup people, designer clothes, shoes and handbags, fake boobs, a monstrosity of a house - all to put up a fake front. Telling Jac her troubles instead of selling her story to the press wouldn't have given her credibility anyway. She's a liar. We all know that. I'm just glad she didn't give Jac the satisfaction of knowing her business. That is how I feel about it and others may feel about it as they like. I'm not trying to "recruit" you to feel the same.

• Love 1

This is Teresa in a nutshell. She has no credibility regarding anything. Her life is a facade paid for with stolen money. Hair people, makeup people, designer clothes, shoes and handbags, fake boobs, a monstrosity of a house - all to put up a fake front. Telling Jac her troubles instead of selling her story to the press wouldn't have given her credibility anyway.

It would have given her credibility with Jacqueline. I was looking at it from Jaq's point of view, and simply said that I understood her frustration with Teresa as a friend. But at least on the first part - we agree: Teresa is a fraud. Now if only a certain federal judge on the bench this Thursday feels the same way.....

• Love 2

Yes, Teresa has alluded to Jac's drinking on the show, 1 example was during the first retreat that was family only, before Caroline showed up at Teresa's request and during several of her 1 on 1 interviews when she was talking smack about Jac. I do not remember ever hearing Jac slur her words and she only added Bailey's 1 time during a phone call with her ex about Ashley. This idea that Jac had/has a drinking problem was started by a blogger that disliked anyone other than Teresa and people ran with it.

They were all drunk when they went to that Catskills compound - Jac was definitely slurry there.  I remember Jac being foolish and ordering a Screaming Orgasm at some business lunch maybe for Catface?  I think Bravo one season made a point of showing Jac having a glass of wine folding laundry, probably the same season she poured Baileys into her coffee and ordered the drink at the lunch.  When Bravo wants to show a HW is drinking, they always edit in scenes with a the HW with a drink in her hand.  There def was a season where Jac had drinks around a lot. I don't recall Teresa talking about Jac drinking - and if she did, then Bravo wanted her to. Probably the season before they went public with the autism. I can't imagine that Bravo (even Bravo) would be evil enough to do it to her after the diagnosis went public.  

They did do it with Shannon this season on OC, and they did it a lot with Ramona until she took it over and owned it with the pinot. Heck they still do it with her.

Nick hasn't had cameras in his face his whole life.  They don't film everyday of his life.  They film 6-8 weeks a year.  And even then, not everyday for Nick.  That's better (only infrequently) and that's worse.  It disrupts his routine. And upsets to the routine just don't cause momentary meltdowns that go away with a hug - It can set them off for the rest of the day and night.  And for some children with autism changes to routine can upset them physically also with digestion and sleep.

I do agree with the poster who said this is more about Jac using his struggles to elicit sympathy for herself.  She did it with Ashlee, and now she is doing it with Nick. I hated when she did it with Ashlee, I don't like that the Giudice kids are being impacted by being on tv, and I don't like that Nick is being used either, especially because he can't say no.

Frankly, if they are showing him to get money for his treatments, then that is the only reason I would feel better about her having him on.

Oh yeah, the white eye liner?  On WWHL the bartenders were the stylists/makeup artists/hairdressers for the RHWs, and they said that Melissa takes the longest to get ready and that Vicki G takes the shortest.  So I think we have solved the white eyeliner culprits mystery.  These guys do both shows - Tamra, Amber and now Teresa in her latest text reading talking head have all had the white liner on.  

• Love 3
Hmm. I will say that, as the survivor of an abusive and dysfunctional family, if the adults aren't speaking they usually withhold contact with the kids as punishment. Sad for everyone involved.

Honestly, though, how would Dina go about contacting Nicholas without involving his parents? It's not the same as someone like Gia, who likely has her own phone and can make her own choices - as we saw, by her having a relationship with Tio Joe even when the grownups were at odds. Nick can barely speak to his own parents, it's not like Dina could just call him up and chat. I just can't judge, because we don't really know the full story with the Laurita siblings and their feud. And I'm loathe to take anything Jac says at face value. Maybe Dina HAS reached out, but was told she couldn't see the boy if she wasn't on good terms with the parents? Who knows. 

Secondly, it's not like her only options were a) keep Nick's diagnosis private, or b) film the struggle for a reality tv program. How about option c) announce his diagnosis, but then stop filming him. Not only do a lot of reality stars, including HW's, take this route, but they're often applauded for it. (Btw, Jaq evidently decided against CJ appearing on the show, and no one's criticizing her for it).

Totally agree with this. I think there is a middle ground there. And yes, I applaud the wives who listen to their children and respect their desire to not really be featured on the show. We rarely see Gabrielle Giudice either, and I'm totally cool with that. I don't think it means anyone is ashamed of her, and I wouldn't think that about Nick. I would think that Jac made a decision not to add further stress to their lives, simple as that. 

• Love 3

If I even started to unravel the rolled-up carpet of disgust and disdain that I have for the New Jersey bunch of ignorant guidos that it would stretch around the world about six times. I'm even thinking of drawing up a petition to send to Congress to have New Jersey removed as one of the original Thirteen Colonies. The New Jersey housewives and husbands have put such shame on us that we are embarrassed to have them clumped together with the other twelve States that hold this distinction. Who allowed these people to procreate?

This episode just proved that this franchise just can't stoop any lower. Bobby...what was UP with that girlie display? (oh you are such a bad bad man, you made me cry so I have no choice but to sit on the toilet in the dark and sulk) wtf? You just lost about 100 points of manhood.  Dina chose to be the voice of reason and calmness?  Dina, you know it's not good to drink wine right after taking Xanax, don't you?  Why Jim still has a single tooth left in his mouth is mind boggling. I would have thought some kid would have knocked them out years ago. Amber, take some English classes honey, it would benefit your kids to have a mother who knows how to string English words together to make a sentence. And lose the white lower-lid liner, who ever told you that's classy was wrong. And the twins, Teresa and Nichole....I swear that every time they speak there's never more than 15 words said and they recycle the same 15 words and merely rearrange the sequence of the same words. What is wrong with these two? In my school days they would be riding the short bus to school until they learned how to speak properly.

What a horrible episode and what a horrible show. I'm glad I only catch this show and the stupid, knucklehead New Jersey bunch only on rare occasion when I feel like self-mutilating because after I watch it I feel as though I have done exactly that, it's painful.

• Love 7

I'm not inclined to cut Jacqueline any slack, because she has self-victimized and lied in substantial ways since early in the first season, and her dedication to pointless vanity is pretty fucking notable even in this crew (snerk that her breast tissue might stop 'regrowing' if she put down Kathy's pre-fabricated cannoli once in a while).  Also - I'll just go there.  She's a shitty mother.  She was shitty to Ashley and created that situation, where Ashley was basically isolated within her Jersey family.  What decent parent does that?  Not a one.  She was shitty to Gia during that 'Field Day' episode and clearly treats some children as adversaries and combatants.  I am *not* saying she would do that to Nicholas, but I'm not sorry to say that she is unstable and narcissistic and I don't think those traits disappear around Nicholas.  I don't think she's driven to show a 'real' side of autism, I think she is driven to get praise for how she deals with it.  It's of a piece with insisting she was always in the middle of conflicts when she created them - she did not create the situation, of course, it's absolutely no one's fault.  But I think the self-victimizing is a huge, huge part of Jacqueline.

So much truth in this I wanna marry it.

• Love 7

If I even started to unravel the rolled-up carpet of disgust and disdain that I have for the New Jersey bunch of ignorant guidos that it would stretch around the world about six times. I'm even thinking of drawing up a petition to send to Congress to have New Jersey removed as one of the original Thirteen Colonies. The New Jersey housewives and husbands have put such shame on us that we are embarrassed to have them clumped together with the other twelve States that hold this distinction. Who allowed these people to procreate?

This episode just proved that this franchise just can't stoop any lower. Bobby...what was UP with that girlie display? (oh you are such a bad bad man, you made me cry so I have no choice but to sit on the toilet in the dark and sulk) wtf? You just lost about 100 points of manhood.  Dina chose to be the voice of reason and calmness?  Dina, you know it's not good to drink wine right after taking Xanax, don't you?  Why Jim still has a single tooth left in his mouth is mind boggling. I would have thought some kid would have knocked them out years ago. Amber, take some English classes honey, it would benefit your kids to have a mother who knows how to string English words together to make a sentence. And lose the white lower-lid liner, who ever told you that's classy was wrong. And the twins, Teresa and Nichole....I swear that every time they speak there's never more than 15 words said and they recycle the same 15 words and merely rearrange the sequence of the same words. What is wrong with these two? In my school days they would be riding the short bus to school until they learned how to speak properly.

What a horrible episode and what a horrible show. I'm glad I only catch this show and the stupid, knucklehead New Jersey bunch only on rare occasion when I feel like self-mutilating because after I watch it I feel as though I have done exactly that, it's painful.

I don't know about NJ ceding from the US but there are times I think the idea might have legs-very entertaining thought.  I would probably voted for a ban on procreation by NJ reality stars as a constitutional amendment. 

I think Bobby was in the can deleting pictures and texts from his phone.  It was an odd move but after watching last night's preview-it was the right move.  Jim just wanted to humiliate and bury his friendship with Bobby forever.  His next step was to destroy the twins for the argument at Bobby's party.  As to the twins-we all know the way to get some to advocate for your sister is to scream at the guy-"grow a pair of balls and go talk to him."  In all fairness to the kids on the short bus-the twins grew up in NY.

The pain doesn't get any better the first portion of Sunday's show. 

• Love 1

I don't ever recall Teresa saying Jac is a drunk. Was that in an episode? I get the idea by seeing her behavior on the show. She has been slurring drunk, got obnoxiously drunk at a dinner last season and can't drink her coffee with out her Bailey's. Read her Twitter from last season. She's either a drunk or mentally ill. My money is on both.

Teresa has never used the word "drunk" but has said that we know how she "likes" to drink. Her comments are always along that line, she hints that Jac has a problem with alcohol but never comes out and says it point blank. That IS how Teresa goes after the other women, she comes at them from the side or the back, never face on.

Honestly, though, how would Dina go about contacting Nicholas without involving his parents? It's not the same as someone like Gia, who likely has her own phone and can make her own choices - as we saw, by her having a relationship with Tio Joe even when the grownups were at odds. Nick can barely speak to his own parents, it's not like Dina could just call him up and chat. I just can't judge, because we don't really know the full story with the Laurita siblings and their feud. And I'm loathe to take anything Jac says at face value. Maybe Dina HAS reached out, but was told she couldn't see the boy if she wasn't on good terms with the parents? Who knows. 

Totally agree with this. I think there is a middle ground there. And yes, I applaud the wives who listen to their children and respect their desire to not really be featured on the show. We rarely see Gabrielle Giudice either, and I'm totally cool with that. I don't think it means anyone is ashamed of her, and I wouldn't think that about Nick. I would think that Jac made a decision not to add further stress to their lives, simple as that. 

She would NOT "contact" Nick but reach out to her brother, Chris,  during this frightening time. But alas, Dina cares more for an admitted felon than her own blood when he is in need of family support. SMH

• Love 1

But this explanation doesn't make any sense to me. To this day, by everyone's admission, including Teresa, and Jacqueline, and Dina, Teresa hasn't confided to anyone about her legal and financial troubles. Has the story come out? Sort of. But only in legal briefs. Teresa has therefore lied to the tabloids (for a buck), lied to her friends, lied to the Court, and is now lying to the viewers. Is that her right? Yes, and it's my right to call her a fake-ass lying liar who lies.

Yeah, but.... they are all lying liars.

She has said she is sharing HER journey/struggles on the show, NOT Nicks. Again, I believe no matter what, Jac is dammed if she does and dammed if she doesn't. If she kept Nicks diagnosis private, how long do you really think it would have been kept quiet with creeps like JTG blasting private info about her and other cast members? Then what do you think viewers would do/say about her, that she was hiding Nick, that she was embarrassed about him? Some viewers have already blamed Jac and her drinking for him having autism, some went so far as to say he really has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and not autism! SMH

The reason I hate her is her exploitation of Ashlee. Ashlee was having some teen growing pains and her mother sold her out for money....plain and simple. Both she and Teresa have done it and it is disgusting. A good mother would not show her child's struggles. Ashlee and Gia have had their growing pains broadcast for all the world to see because their moms are famewhores. How disgusting is that? They both suck balls, IMO.

To me Jac and her family just are not interesting. Watching her poor son struggle with his speech is depressing. Granted I don't follow them whatsoever so I don't know if they're considering his level as progress or not, but to me it's just sad. I also don't know a lot about autism, but I do have a couple friends with an autistic kid and they seem to do well with a lot of structure and routine. They don't like surprises. Stuff like being filmed and new people in and out could really throw Nick off. During such a vital developmental stage like this it doesn't seem wise to do things that could stunt his progress.

And what's with Jac's face? She's had some work done. Not the good kind.

I don't want to see them make Nicholas perform tricks anymore...Leave him alone.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 7

The way I look at it these are all horrible people.  Tammy Knickerbocker from the first season of RHOC had the good sense to leave the show when she realized it was hurting her children.  They were dealing with a family tragedy - she chose not to make it worse.  

The rest of these people, women and men, have chosen fame over family.  No matter how many times they want to tell us that family is the most important thing to them, by their repeated actions, it is not.  Subjecting your children to this level of scrutiny is unhealthy.  Whether these people are playing characters or amping up the drama for the cameras, as many now claim, they are showing their asses on a national stage.  Their children pay a price for this.  

When you add to this the real life issues many of these families have - bankruptcies, illegal actions, fraud, extreme intrafamily conflicts, possible alcoholism, drunk driving - the choice to appear on a reality show proves what idiots they are.  These things come out, now on a public stage, further humiliating their children.  

Additionally the children growing up on these shows aren't exactly lighting the world on fire with their ambitions.  The draw of the reality TV teat is strong.

They all could use two-story closets to hide their skeletons in along with years of therapy for themselves and their children.  Maybe that's what they should ask for in their Bravo contracts; rather than more money, they should ask for lifetime mental health coverage for all involved persons.  They could all use a little help, some a truckload of help.  

Yes, I watch, I snark, and I watch some more just for the snark.  I try to remember it is "reality", not reality, semi-scripted fools acting the clown for our enjoyment. 

Drinking game for the next episode - drink every time someone says "I'm done".  That should have us all on the floor about 20 minutes in.  For being "done" they always come back for more.  

• Love 7

The closets are jam packed on this show.  Too full. Has anyone not been sued on this show?  Bobby's dealership for sexual harassment, the Twin's dad was in jail, and all the oldies - Wakilie's, Lauritas, Giudices, Gorgas all have all sorts of civil suits.  Am I missing anyone?  Has Dina been sued?  Now only Giudice and the Twin's dad has been in criminal court.  What about Rino?  What's his deal?  

ITA and think Bobby was erasing photos of the the bim he has stashed in the condo in Florida while he was hiding in the bathroom.

Funny how Jim knows that the stripper Rino "banged" during his separation from Twin 1 was Russian.  I think Bobby told a lot of tales about Nicole's family.  And maybe, just maybe, Victoria Gotti's rumor of Santa and Rino wasn't the first time Amber heard it.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 3

I doubt most Americans can even remember what states comprised the thirteen original colonies and the other 37 states don't care all that much.  I don't think any of the original thirteen are free of shame and some embarrassing residents.  Are they also reflective of the whole state?  No. 

• Love 2

I think Teresa is uncomfortable having a one on one with Jac and Chris because in addition to her numerous character flaws regarding fraud and dishonesty she has neither the compassion or intelligence to process just how serious Nicholas's condition is.

YES. I am unsure how to bold text within a quote, so I'm pasting it here: she has neither the compassion or intelligence to process just how serious Nicholas's condition is.

• Love 4

Also, as I saw Tree in the tabloids at the grocery store, there are stories of divorce and pregnancy out there. I see both as possibilities to get her out of jail time and to garner separation from Joe figuratively and literally, so she can get sympathy in sentencing.

You are SO right. I can't believe she isn't pregnant AGAIN already  :(

• Love 1
Drinking game for the next episode - drink every time someone says "I'm done".  That should have us all on the floor about 20 minutes in.  For being "done" they always come back for more.

Take a drink every time one of them tosses their hair back with a brush of their hand or a swing of their necks and we'll be on the floor in half that time.

• Love 1

Just gonna throw this out there because it has to be said.  (Not sure if it's been said already)

I think everything Jim said was true.  Bobby has been cheating on Nicole.  The rumor about whichever twin breaking up a family and the one about their mother.  All of it is true.

Because people losing their shit this ridiculously over something that's not true doesn't compute.  

Thou doth protest way way wayyyyyyyyyyy too much.

And while Jim is a bitch for his handling of the situation, they are all pissed off because he's telling the truth.

• Love 7

Jim is so worthless that it's hard to even care.  He's a jerk with Ziggy eyes living in a house of cards with maybe a congenital inability to tell the truth.  I mean, I just look past him, almost.  Those mini-stripper twins though - they dance on my last nerve like few HW additions.  The squeaky whore voices.  The fake cans and driveway of sternum between the cleavage in those off-brand cocktail dresses.  The unfrozen caveman lawyer foreheads.  How insane is it that the mommy affair rumor seems more and more true the more these idiots talk about it?  And of course it's, 'Don't you dare talk about my mom!'  Get some real boundaries, crack open a fucking book, say a rosary, eat a brownie - just stop TALKING about this rumor if it's that offensive and false, you fools!

So Ambuh is sharing Tamra's white-out eyeliner, I see.  Wise choices everywhere. 

I'm not inclined to cut Jacqueline any slack, because she has self-victimized and lied in substantial ways since early in the first season, and her dedication to pointless vanity is pretty fucking notable even in this crew (snerk that her breast tissue might stop 'regrowing' if she put down Kathy's pre-fabricated cannoli once in a while).  Also - I'll just go there.  She's a shitty mother.  She was shitty to Ashley and created that situation, where Ashley was basically isolated within her Jersey family.  What decent parent does that?  Not a one.  She was shitty to Gia during that 'Field Day' episode and clearly treats some children as adversaries and combatants.  I am *not* saying she would do that to Nicholas, but I'm not sorry to say that she is unstable and narcissistic and I don't think those traits disappear around Nicholas.  I don't think she's driven to show a 'real' side of autism, I think she is driven to get praise for how she deals with it.  It's of a piece with insisting she was always in the middle of conflicts when she created them - she did not create the situation, of course, it's absolutely no one's fault.  But I think the self-victimizing is a huge, huge part of Jacqueline. 

I laughed so long at this my face stayed like that.

Mileage may vary with regard to Jac and Ashlee.  Personally I would've preferred not to see her on screen at all because Ashlee never struck me as the poor put upon victim.  I thought of her as this ungrateful schlumpy lazy ass whose biggest challenge was what wool hat to wear.  I don't like Jacqueline but everything Ashlee could even think up was her mother's fault, which, teenager or not, is an attitude I detest. 

Drinking game for the next episode - drink every time someone says "I'm done".  That should have us all on the floor about 20 minutes in.  For being "done" they always come back for more.  

girl, damn you, I just got some new shot glasses on Saturday.

hold up, Bobby is the Bob in Bob Ciasulli? are ya'll sure?  That guy's been around forever, he'd be at least 70 by now.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 3

I had a dream the other night that I was chosen to represent the United States at an international diplomatic conference. Each country had to submit a two minute clip of a reality TV show that represented the men of their nation. For some strange reason, my submission was a two minute segment of Jim berrating the women in Florida and Bobby running up the stairs to lock himself in the bathroom in a fit. I had to hang my head in shame.

Just thought I'd share that little oddity with y'all.

Back on topic, Dina is a shit stirrer to the nth degree. She tries to be stealthy about it, but her shtick hasn't changed. The whole reason why she is no longer on speaking terms with Jac or Caroline is because they admitted it was Dina who was gossiping about Danielle and brought the infamous book into the salon, back in season 1. In Dina's eyes, this was a grave betrayal of her trust but I'm glad someone in this group of compulsive liars is able to stand behind the truth.

• Love 5

Just gonna throw this out there because it has to be said.  (Not sure if it's been said already)

I think everything Jim said was true.  Bobby has been cheating on Nicole.  The rumor about whichever twin breaking up a family and the one about their mother.  All of it is true.

Because people losing their shit this ridiculously over something that's not true doesn't compute.  

Thou doth protest way way wayyyyyyyyyyy too much.

And while Jim is a bitch for his handling of the situation, they are all pissed off because he's telling the truth.

I will never understand this idea of not being upset if it's not true.  I am more upset when shit is said about me that is not true, because damn it, it's not true!!!!!!  Say whatever shit you want about me that is true, and I'll be like....ok, fair point, bitch.  But lie about me and my family and I will lose my shit. 

That being said, I do believe the Bobby cheating on Nicole and Rino screwing Santa are both true, not because they are protesting too much, but because these bitches be crazy and I do believe that crazy attracts crazy. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 9

I will never understand this idea of not being upset if it's not true.  I am more upset when shit is said about me that is not true, because damn it, it's not true!!!!!!  Say whatever shit you want about me that is true, and I'll be like....ok, fair point, bitch.  But lie about me and my family and I will lose my shit. 

Sorry but in my experience, if one is secure in themselves and their family and their oh so important travel agent job (pffft) then why bother with some trumped up rumor (or so she says) about something that was really out of left field.

The histrionics and "OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO HER HOUSE RIGHT NOW TO CONFRONT HER!!!" and then the conversation in the car when they decided not to was ridiculous.  

And for all the shit Jac gets for crying about everything....Nicole bringing up that Amber repeated this rumor every.damn.time she is mentioned....ugh.  STFU already.

Know what I do when someone say something about me that's not true?  I laugh.  Go ahead and believe it.  I don't care.  

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 2

I half-watched this ep, but the only thing I got out of it was...when Melissa is not "the villain"  or cranking up the drama, she is pretty much dull as fuck. She brings nothing to this season....at least Joe Go got in some zingers. This episode actually made me pause and think "What does Melissa do all day? What actually runs through her brain?"  I can't ever imagine having a conversation with her unless it was about her....her body, her hair, her 300 pairs of jeans....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I don't think she is Teresa Giudice-level dumb, but vapid and useless is more the idea. 

• Love 5

The unfrozen caveman lawyer foreheads.

Ok folks, I'M DONE.  Seriously hilarious and oh so accurate.  Nothing's going to top this today.  KADOOZ to you!

I half-watched this ep, but the only thing I got out of it was...when Melissa is not "the villain"  or cranking up the drama, she is pretty much dull as fuck. She brings nothing to this season....at least Joe Go got in some zingers. This episode actually made me pause and think "What does Melissa do all day? What actually runs through her brain?"  I can't ever imagine having a conversation with her unless it was about her....her body, her hair, her 300 pairs of jeans....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I don't think she is Teresa Giudice-level dumb, but vapid and useless is more the idea.

Yep.  I know her type.  Like, they aren't necessarily bad people, and they may very well be "nice" enough.  But, when you pull back the façade there's just ..... nothing there. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3

Wasn't the original point of the Florida trip because Dina and Melissa wanted to get Teresa away for some relaxation? (Not "away" as in the big house). Why were the men even there?

I wondered that too. I thought the point of the trip was a girly getaway to relax. I also think it was originally supposed to be for Tre cos of her legal stuffs, but I guess she didn't decide to go along. Probably a smart move. So what exactly were the rest of them getting away from?

I totally agree with whoever said Bobby was in the bathroom erasing evidence on his phone. In the dark. On the toilet. Yeah that's not abnormal. And there must have been a lot since it seemed like he hid out there for a good 30 minutes.

I also don't get the overreactions to the rumors Jim brought up. Yeah, he's a shady weasel but if nothing he's saying is true then why freak out and get hysterical? Just tell him to STFU and move on. Or get one of the men to punch him out. That alone leads me to believe it's all true.

I don't really care whether Bobby and Nicole are a real item off the show. I don't think they have much chemistry, to be honest. She hangs all over him and he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Both twins bug the shit outta me, but at least Teresa and Rino's relationship doesn't feel staged. I mean, if Nicole and Bobby were a real item why would she still be living with her parents? That makes no sense to me. She's what, like 50?

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 1

In the First Look for this coming Sunday's episode, I was disgusted at the way that Amber and Jim seemed to be so gleeful as they sat on the bed discussing the night's events.  Amber was totally faking her crying.  I didn't see any tears.  She was smiling as she was pretending to cry, and kissing Jim.  Why would she do that? Meanwhile, the Napolitano twins are devastated.  The Marcheses are disgusting people.  There are just some lines that you don't cross, and some things that you keep your mouth shut about.  I don't consider myself to be a violent person, but if Lil Jim got his ass beat, I wouldn't be shocked, nor would I feel badly.

• Love 5

I think Bobby was in the can deleting pictures and texts from his phone.

Bing a technological dinosaur who still uses a flip pone with no camera, I never would have thought of that, but it makes perfect sense.  Bobby is a little bitch, just like his former friend Jimbo. I totally buy that he is with Nicole {or whichever twin he's with, I can't tell them apart} for the show.

I rewatched this episode earlier today and just have to wonder--do the twins have an "inside voice"? So damn shrill I'm surprised the glass windows haven't cracked.

48 hours to go until sentencing......

• Love 4

I have the impression that Bobby and Nicole were very casually dating until filming began then they kind of locked it down for the good of production.  I can't imagine these two had significant others that would be okay with some elaborate date for air time. Once hired Nicole had all the power.  Since the season began, other than Jim, no one has come out of the woodwork, friend, foe, neighbor paparazzi to show either Nicole or Bobby with another person.  By now the person would have surfaced absent that person having zero pride, or is married. 

So I gather Jim realized there would be no more bro scenes with Bobby and thought the best way to get even is to out him to Nicole or force him to get engaged to Nicole just to be a prick.  I don't think Jim took into consideration that Joe Gorga is probably someone Bobby might "bond" with in the bro department making Jim totally unnecessary.  Greg Bennett had a lot of air time and he didn't have to date anyone. 

Unless Teresa and Nicole suffered from hypoxia at birth, it would seem the rest of the season would be a breeze, don't get upset with Dina over not telling them in advance about the rumor and drag Bobby along to all functions and put Jim and Amber on ignore.  I think it would be safe to say that at this point Amber and Jim are probably relegated to the mid-season replacement table with Jacqueline and Kathy. 

Did anybody notice that when Bobby sees Nicole in Florida and they kiss by the pool, he opens his eyes and kinda looks around? Who does that? A man whose thought bubble reads: How was that? Long enough? That's who. It was all the guy could do to keep himself from pulling her off of him. Hilarity.

• Love 3

I

don't really care whether Bobby and Nicole are a real item off the show. I don't think they have much chemistry, to be honest. She hangs all over him and he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Both twins bug the shit outta me, but at least Teresa and Rino's relationship doesn't feel staged. I mean, if Nicole and Bobby were a real item why would she still be living with her parents? That makes no sense to me. She's what, like 50?

If Bobby were reality TV savvy, he would have just looked into Nicole's eyes when Jim pushed him to put a ring on it and said something cryptic like "Who know what the future holds".   We would then have a talking head of Bobby saying about how much he loves Nicole, but was scared of marriage due to the ugly divorces in his family. Then they would have the drama of "will they/won't they tie the knot" to keep interest in their story lines (not that anybody is that interested in them, it's just how things go in reality TV world).  Soon we would have the big engagement (perhaps an airplane sky writing "Marry me, Nicole" over the Jersey Shore).  This would eventually lead to a wedding spin off.

You could never pay me enough to go on one of these show and even I know the score. 

• Love 2

I've always enjoyed seeing Nicholas, and his diagnosis hasn't change that. (I have no idea if the Lauritas are trying to send a message, and if it's an incorrect one.) Not to mention, Nick's cuteness is always a welcome distraction to Jac's latest mask.

A Giudice/Laurita dinner would've made for a good scene. Too bad.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 1

I

If Bobby were reality TV savvy, he would have just looked into Nicole's eyes when Jim pushed him to put a ring on it and said something cryptic like "Who know what the future holds".   We would then have a talking head of Bobby saying about how much he loves Nicole, but was scared of marriage due to the ugly divorces in his family. Then they would have the drama of "will they/won't they tie the knot" to keep interest in their story lines (not that anybody is that interested in them, it's just how things go in reality TV world).  Soon we would have the big engagement (perhaps an airplane sky writing "Marry me, Nicole" over the Jersey Shore).  This would eventually lead to a wedding spin off.

You could never pay me enough to go on one of these show and even I know the score. 

So true qtpye, so true! Bobby is a total amateur. lol. 

Anyway, I finally got to watch the last 10 minutes of the episode and Jim is even more of a fucked up dick than I thought possible.  He was so calculating. He went from totally fake 'advice' to Nicole, all the while digging at Bobby, and then laid out what he likely rehearsed in his head for days. Not to mention he was drunk. Which brings me back to my post in the Amber thread about his being That Creep in a bar. A nasty human and nastier when drunk without pity. Hell, I could imagine Jim laying into some kid on the playground because they wronged one of his. And he'd use his typical "so what, I don't care, I'll talk to them the way I want"....kind of like when people called him out for speaking to women or 'someone's wife' that way. 

I noted Melissa (in the previews for next week, IIRC) said she would have clocked him and pounded her palm with her fist. TBH I think if Lil Jim got nasty about the Gorgas, Melissa would be right in his face scratching at him and bitch slapping. That seems to be her MO. lol

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 2

I wondered that too. I thought the point of the trip was a girly getaway to relax. I also think it was originally supposed to be for Tre cos of her legal stuffs, but I guess she didn't decide to go along. Probably a smart move. So what exactly were the rest of them getting away from?

Well, they were getting away from that bad winter y'all had :)  I'm originally from NE FL & moved to SoFL in my early 20s, stayed there 10 years (so, this was the 80s). This was my first exposure to "Yankees" (I told you NE FL!!). My first Publix trip, some old lady ran over my heels while I was in the check out line & I turned around to graciously accept her apology & she just stared dead at me. I went home & cried & called my mama!!! Hee. It would have helped me so much to see 'reality' shows like this to prepare for that move!! Some of my best friends became (& still are) Jersey girls but man were they a separate species at first.

In other news, none of these women (OR men) are as cute, or young, as they think they are IMO.

• Love 1

Jim is a creepy douche, but I believe what he said about Bobby. I think Bobby is a cheater and a player who won't be marrying anyone. And who wants a husband who locks himself in the bathroom and calls you stupid anyway? But still, Jim is a huge douche.

I'm tired of watching Joe Guidice cry. You did it the deed, dude. Suck it up.

• Love 1

I believe what Jim said about Bobby too....but, just like how he only blew the whistle on his former employer because they passed him over for a promotion and he was all pissy, the same deal applies here, IMO. I think Jim is far worse than Bobby and his fibber/player/famewhore ways. Jim is pissed at Bobby not following whatever script Jim had in mind and is outing all this shit now. They've been friends for years....he never thought to distance himself from this terrible player who uses women? I mean, Jim said something about how he 'manned up' after a month with Amber and 'told her' (ahem) they were getting married. I would think Jim wouldn't want to associate with a Bobby, almost like how he doesn't like associating with criminals..... 

• Love 3

Then you've got nearly everyone in tears. Amber aint fooling me, though. I don't believe for a second she was crying because she was upset for Nicole. She was crying because she realized Jim was totally screwing her shot at her dream, by alienating them from every other cast member with hid heinous behavior. 

I agree that she wasn't upset for Nicole and she wasn't even that upset at what Jim was saying.  I think that if anything, she was pissed that she wasn't the center of attention and Jim took that from her.  In the preview for next week, you could see that Amber was actually on Jim's side with the shit that he said.  She was excited and happy when they were alone and you could tell her crying and need to smoke were fake.

In the one preview scene for next week's episode, Amber looks really off, almost drunk or something.  It is really strange, like something snapped in her brain.

If I were Amber, I wouldn't feel much of anything for Nicole anyway.  Nicole never had a proper apology for Amber about the whole first responders party.  Amber did apologize about "gossiping" to Melissa.  Seriously, she should not have said it but OTOH so what?  Getting that mad and making a scene is just so high school.

I know guys who live in that area, and let me just say that I am SO grateful they picked better, more classy wives, than those twins.  LOL.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-6/blogs/amber-marchese/amber-dina-was-planning-a-blood-bath?page=0,0

Amber's blog.  Amber I think has the hots for Bobby.  Maybe she would rather be doing car commercials.  I don't think Bobby owes Jim an apology.  I don't think Dina set up an ambush of Amber or Jim in Florida, I don't think Bobby set up an ambush of Amber at his party.  What we have here are two assholes who don't have the sense about them to realize they walked into a room where they have offended everyone.  Maybe contrition would be in order instead of Jim acting like he is owed an apology.

In the one preview scene for next week's episode, Amber looks really off, almost drunk or something.  It is really strange, like something snapped in her brain.

If I were Amber, I wouldn't feel much of anything for Nicole anyway.  Nicole never had a proper apology for Amber about the whole first responders party.  Amber did apologize about "gossiping" to Melissa.  Seriously, she should not have said it but OTOH so what?  Getting that mad and making a scene is just so high school.

I know guys who live in that area, and let me just say that I am SO grateful they picked better, more classy wives, than those twins.  LOL.

I don't  know if you saw the first look but Jim takes out everyone but Joe.  Nicole and Amber made up after Bobby's..  After all, Jimmy her attorney husband knows, no cause of action against Nicole, Amber hit first.   I just think for newbies Amber and Jim are picking fights with people we know little about.  It is as if Bravo hired some assholes to come in a pick fights, first with Melissa and then with some other new people.

• Love 3

The best part of Amber's scenes is watching her look at the camera.  She always glances over to make it is on her.  I'm sorry to tell her that her acting career won't be taking off anytime soon.  Okay, so I'm not really sorry to tell her.  

• Love 6

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-6/blogs/amber-marchese/amber-dina-was-planning-a-blood-bath?page=0,0

Amber's blog.  Amber I think has the hots for Bobby.  Maybe she would rather be doing car commercials.  I don't think Bobby owes Jim an apology.  I don't think Dina set up an ambush of Amber or Jim in Florida, I don't think Bobby set up an ambush of Amber at his party.  What we have here are two assholes who don't have the sense about them to realize they walked into a room where they have offended everyone.  Maybe contrition would be in order instead of Jim acting like he is owed an apology.

I don't  know if you saw the first look but Jim takes out everyone but Joe.  Nicole and Amber made up after Bobby's..  After all, Jimmy her attorney husband knows, no cause of action against Nicole, Amber hit first.   I just think for newbies Amber and Jim are picking fights with people we know little about.  It is as if Bravo hired some assholes to come in a pick fights, first with Melissa and then with some other new people.

The only thing Amber is not delusional or trying to spin in her blog is that her white eyeliner is not good.  Starting off with Ash Wednesday is not a holy day of obligation?  So, leaving church to go outside to call Tre is ok?  Yeah, no honey.  You may know more about Catholicism than the twins but that's not going to work on the rest of us.

The rest is just a poor, really poor, attempt to rewrite what is on film.  Just forget that she was as mad at her husband as everyone else...until they got back to their room.  I can't stand Dina but she didn't create the Gotti mess.  And no one forced Jim to bring it up.  I think Amber and Jim came on this show thinking that they were going to show the viewers how much better they were than everyone else on the show with all their 'education', and they failed.  They have found out very quickly that they're not all that they think they are.  Not even close.

• Love 2

The only thing Amber is not delusional or trying to spin in her blog is that her white eyeliner is not good.  Starting off with Ash Wednesday is not a holy day of obligation?  So, leaving church to go outside to call Tre is ok?  Yeah, no honey.  You may know more about Catholicism than the twins but that's not going to work on the rest of us.

The rest is just a poor, really poor, attempt to rewrite what is on film.  Just forget that she was as mad at her husband as everyone else...until they got back to their room.  I can't stand Dina but she didn't create the Gotti mess.  And no one forced Jim to bring it up.  I think Amber and Jim came on this show thinking that they were going to show the viewers how much better they were than everyone else on the show with all their 'education', and they failed.  They have found out very quickly that they're not all that they think they are.  Not even close.

The Ash Wednesday stuff made no sense.  Once again Amber pops up with a three page blog-Ash Wednesday was a couple of weeks ago.

I think Amber and Jim are probably a couple with few friends and the one friend Jim did have, did not want to put up with Jim's nonsense.  The person responsible for the Gotti mess-felon Teresa.  She had to have some diversion from her indictment and change of plea so she basically just threw a family overboard.

I agree about Amber and Jim thinking they were going to show the world how smart they are but they are just so cheesy. 

Here is a little tidbit about Amber vs. Dina  http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/09/real-housewives-new-jersey-amber-marchese-dina-manzo-reunion-intimidation/

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

The person responsible for the Gotti mess-felon Teresa.  She had to have some diversion from her indictment and change of plea so she basically just threw a family overboard.

Victoria Gotti is responsible for what Victoria Gotti says on tv.  As much as people would love to blame Ebola on Teresa Giudice, you can't blame everything on her.  

No matter what, Jim is responsible for saying what he said.  He didn't have to say it.  Amber didn't have to say it to Jim.  Dina didn't have to say it. Teresa didn't have to say it to Dina (an FWIW, Dina didn't spill). Why is ONLY Teresa responsible?  

Victoria Gotti loves being on reality tv.  She knows Teresa through Celeb Apprentice, but she also knows the producers from appearing last season.  And the tabs say the producers brought her on because Teresa was not "bringing the drama." How are we to know that Victoria didn't go to the producers herself when she learned the twins were on?  

And even if Teresa told the producers, "Hey VG told me she has dirt on the twins," Victoria Gotti is the one who decided to come on TV and share it with the world.  No one forced her to do it.  

• Love 6

Victoria Gotti is responsible for what Victoria Gotti says on tv.  As much as people would love to blame Ebola on Teresa Giudice, you can't blame everything on her.  

No matter what, Jim is responsible for saying what he said.  He didn't have to say it.  Amber didn't have to say it to Jim.  Dina didn't have to say it. Teresa didn't have to say it to Dina (an FWIW, Dina didn't spill). Why is ONLY Teresa responsible?  

Victoria Gotti loves being on reality tv.  She knows Teresa through Celeb Apprentice, but she also knows the producers from appearing last season.  And the tabs say the producers brought her on because Teresa was not "bringing the drama." How are we to know that Victoria didn't go to the producers herself when she learned the twins were on?  

And even if Teresa told the producers, "Hey VG told me she has dirt on the twins," Victoria Gotti is the one who decided to come on TV and share it with the world.  No one forced her to do it.  

Absolutely, Victoria Gotti is the one responsible ultimately.  The deal is that it is just another example of Teresa hanging out with questionable folks, and then defending their behavior.  In Teresa's blog about the reveal she acted like Victoria's motives were pure.  According to Teresa she was only revealing the information in the high hopes that Amber would dispute it, defend her friend, and let Victoria know that the rumor was false.  Teresa said that this was the only reason that Victoria told Amber in the first place, since Amber knows the family better and might be in a position to know the truth. Teresa sort of put the blame on Amber for not doing this.