Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E27: Wish You Were Here

JerseyGirl
  • Start Topic

I think what Leah meant by her tweet was, someone (Cory) should not have to be legally APPOINTED (court ordered) to take care of one's children (the girlses). The parent and grandparent mention is obviously a swipe at Cory's dad and his wife for defending Cory in this court matter. Huh! As if Mrs. Calvert didn't have a wagon full of hicks backing her up with their pitchforks and banjos.

I think the way Leah and Javi tweet, deserve their own thread. The misfortunate tweets and comments of the Teen Mom crew. Javi's would be that one recently where he tweeted, "taken out of content" and this gem above by Leah.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2

I think the way Leah and Javi tweet, deserve their own thread. The misfortunate tweets and comments of the Teen Mom crew. Javi's would be that one recently where he tweeted, "taken out of content" and this gem above by Leah.

I tend to agree. I'll start a social media thread this afternoon.

• Love 1

Thanks for clearing that up for me RedKoolAide.

For someone who has no money, it seems Leah went to Vegas just recently according to her Twitter. She went in June. This time, it was for the Vegas Hair Show. Last time it was for a tanning expo. 

https://twitter.com/TM2LeahDawn/media

I love how Leah circumvents the truth. I re-watched the scene where she gets blasted by Jeremy for her spending after the washer/dryer fiasco. Jeremy says to her, "You lied to me!" Leah responds, "I didn't lie to you. I just didn't tell you what I spent money on."

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 5
On a superficial note...WTH Kail's friend? did she roll in Cheetos? She's self tanned/bronzed herself to death, she looked creepy.

Bitch stole baby Adderall's sole means of sustenance? No wonder the kid has looked hungry lately. 

• Love 12

ghoulina -  PROPS! That is some funny shit right there! Thanks for the laugh. Thank goodness I wasn't drinking my water or else it would have come right out of my nose.

I actually noticed in one scene how Baby Cheeto is looking kind of plump. No doubt with all the Cheetos and McDonald's being fed to her.  Here is a photo of the Calvert's from a year ago. Look at Baby Cheeto. Be careful, you might get annoyed with what the photographer mentions about Leah the "tv star"...*barf*:

http://alltheteenmoms.net/2013/09/03/leah-and-jeremy-calverts-family-portrait/

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

Javi actually said "taking out of content". He didn't even get "taken" right.

The grammar nazi in me is completely freaking out about the above crime against the english language. I think that's why Twitter bugs me so much; in order to cram your thought into 140 characters or less you need to like, wizard your way through writing. Why not just post on Facebook where you can use as many words, characters, and smoke signals as you need? Does not compute.

• Love 4

Even better question...MySpace still exists??

Hahaha Yep! And did you check on the pictures? Some oldies but goodies on there. Pure entertainment. Looks like maybe some from Leah and Corey's first date.

I agree with the people who said that Corey must have the goods on Leah.  Those papers he gave his lawyer looked like they had lots of dates on them for missed appointments.  Add that to the footage from MTV they can get access to, plus anything Miranda may have heard while on duty, and I think Corey probably has plenty of ammunition for reversing their custody arrangement.  He isn't a vindictive guy at all, IMO.  If he was, he would have shown that the first time Leah cheated on him with Robbie, or the second, or the first time she put him down on TV as a man not willing to fight for his family, etc.  

I totally agree with this.  I don't in any way believe Cory is seeking primary custody simply to be vindictive or spiteful.

I base this pretty much on the fact that we ALL know Leah's history what with the cheating, etc., and yet Corey stood there, cameras rolling, a few times and let her blame their divorce all on HIM and his buying a TRUCK.

I gotta hand it to him.  He bit his tongue and never once threw that skeevy bitch under the bus...which he could have done and then run her over several times in the process.  Instead, he just made some vague statement to the effect "it wasn't about the truck" and let it go.  

In my opinion, based solely on a lot of years of life experience, a person who tended to be vindictive or spiteful would have jumped all over those golden opportunities to remind the viewers the REAL reason he had second thoughts about reconciling with Leah, and that had nothing to do with the truck.

I think, as in the cases mentioned above, Cory is aware of something very damaging on Leah with regard to the girls.  Maybe I'm a bit naive because I'm partial to Cory ever since that camera person gave the interview and said Cory was the only decent human being on the show and Cory himself has demonstrated as such repeatedly, but I just don't see him doing this with any other purpose than what's best for those little girls.  

The question is, if Cory's (presumable) evidence is able to convince a court to reverse the custody decision, how will this affect baby Adderall?  I would think with another (even younger) minor in the house, if question about the environment is raised in court, an investigation could very well be undertaken to start monitoring Leah with Adderall as well and start doing some unannounced drop-by visits.  

This has all sorts of ugly written all over it and, in the end, I hope whatever the decision is, it is the best one for the girls (all 3 girls).  Ali in particular needs a vigilant parent to make sure she gets to all of her necessary therapy appointments and other adjunct therapies to make sure she progresses to her utmost potential, and that's a ball Leah just can't afford to drop.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4

The more I think about the exchanges the more I think Corey has some evidence that Leah is using the child support mainly to elevate their lifestyle. It always seems to be about money with her. Even with the whole Corey being in denial about Ali's medical condition seems to be mostly about Leah wanting him to get a new wheelchair. I think Corey has reason to believe that Leah was using a fraction to support the girls and the rest to pay off credit cards. I wonder if Corey withheld support on the advise of his lawyer or started demanding receipts.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 1

I totally agree. The spiteful and vindictive one here is Leah. She has nothing except hurling insults at Corey and Miranda. She does nothing to back herself up and dispell any of Corey's allegations. She can't even legitimately explain the missed PT appointments. And it's obvious there were more than 2 missed appointments on that paper Corey gave to his lawyer. Among God only knows what else. The smart thing for Leah would be to lay low and STFU about everything. And for she and Germy to stop trashing Corey in front of the girlses. They're old enough to get it, Leah. They may not understand the situation, but they certainly know mama and daddy are mad at each other.

• Love 3

Bitch stole baby Adderall's sole means of sustenance? No wonder the kid has looked hungry lately. 

Ha Ha, best post I've read all day! Well, at least Adderall has her fast food to fall back on...

I totally agree there's more to the missed appointments story than Leah is admitting. I can't see a child being dismissed from a program if she had only two, doctor-excused absences. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1

I'm assuming if Corey had full custody that the girls would be in daycare or with a sitter during the day because he and his wife work FT. That Corey thinks this is preferable to the girls' own mother as a daytime caregiver says a lot about how bad he thinks it is in Leah's house. I do feel like he's somewhat motivated by money but in an understandable way. It seems like he'd rather provide consistent, quality care for his children rather than pay someone else (Leah) to do a shitty job at it. I feel like the worst offense Corey could commit against Leah would be to for him to refuse filming future seasons which would make her story line less dramatic. Im certain the reduced attention would deflate her ego. Not sure if that's an option with his contract.

It's really hard to watch Kail bulldoze Javi week after week. There's no equality in that relationship.

I can't believe Janelle doesn't have a king sized bed. If I logged that many hours horizontal I'd sure as shit have a big comfy bed.

When they follow up with the teen moms in ten years I am curious to see if Chelsea still sports th baby voice.

• Love 2
I'm assuming if Corey had full custody that the girls would be in daycare or with a sitter during the day because he and his wife work FT. That Corey thinks this is preferable to the girls' own mother as a daytime caregiver says a lot about how bad he thinks it is in Leah's house. I do feel like he's somewhat motivated by money but in an understandable way. It seems like he'd rather provide consistent, quality care for his children rather than pay someone else (Leah) to do a shitty job at it

Going by what Leah says and what we watch on the show, Leah is handing off her girlses to everyone under the sun. Between her family and Jeremy's family, she has 54098 adults waiting in the wings to babysit. How many times has each of Leah's segments opened with her voice-over saying, "The girlses are at their grandparents' house while I go out with my friends"? There was that recent scene where it was Jeremy's mother, I think, who was holding and caring for Baby Adderall all the while Leah and Jeremy are sitting there on the couch not doing a damn thing. Has Jeremy ever held his own daughter?

I am so over Leah and her constant comments about being "stressed" because there is nothing I am watching that leads me to believe she has any reason to be so tired and stressed when there are so many people that are taking care of the girlses. Leah doesn't even have the twins Friday through Monday.  That's a holiday in my eyes. So, what the fuck?

• Love 9
Ha Ha, best post I've read all day! Well, at least Adderall has her fast food to fall back on...

Or literally fall on , since her dumbass mom doesn't appear to be able to tell the difference between a pot and a chair.

No, Leah, you COOK in the pot....you don't seat people on/in it. 

Edited by ghoulina

Add me to the group who doesn't understand Leah's stress. I mean yes I get the emotional stress of a special needs child and an unknown future. BUT you take that day by day and try not to dwell on the negative since it does not help. You just do your best for your kid. It seems most of Leah's "real" stress is self-made. Her money woes. Her overspending. Spats with Germy. Nagging Corey about the insurance company. Whatever else she does to herself to cause/exaggerate her anxiety. In all honesty I think homegirl is just lazy. She found her meal-tickets (MTV/Germy) and she doesn't want to do anything else. All this tanning salon/nursing/cosmetology stuff is a diversion. It all makes a nice story but will any of it ever be reality? Leah owning a business of any kind?! I highly doubt that. She wouldn't have the first idea on owning a salon, of any sort...all of her "research" aside.

• Love 2

Leah owning a business of any kind?! I highly doubt that. She wouldn't have the first idea on owning a salon, of any sort...all of her "research" aside.

Leah reminds me of all the dumb young girls on Tabitha's Salon Takeover, who thought they could just open a hair salon, have it be a cool place to gossip and hang out with their friends and the business would just run itself. I can totally see Leah thinking all she has to do is rent a storefront, throw a couple tanning beds in it and she'll be rolling in dough.

• Love 1

Leah reminds me of all the dumb young girls on Tabitha's Salon Takeover, who thought they could just open a hair salon, have it be a cool place to gossip and hang out with their friends and the business would just run itself. I can totally see Leah thinking all she has to do is rent a storefront, throw a couple tanning beds in it and she'll be rolling in dough.

I could see it now. Tabatha would crush Leah in her future salon. Tabs is a very take charge, no holds barred kinda chick and I don't think Leah could handle such open and blatant criticism. She'd be bawling in seconds.

But yes, your vision of Leah and her tanning shop sounds just about right.

• Love 2

I'm assuming if Corey had full custody that the girls would be in daycare or with a sitter during the day because he and his wife work FT. That Corey thinks this is preferable to the girls' own mother as a daytime caregiver says a lot about how bad he thinks it is in Leah's house. I do feel like he's somewhat motivated by money but in an understandable way. It seems like he'd rather provide consistent, quality care for his children rather than pay someone else (Leah) to do a shitty job at it. I feel like the worst offense Corey could commit against Leah would be to for him to refuse filming future seasons which would make her story line less dramatic. Im certain the reduced attention would deflate her ego. Not sure if that's an option with his contract.

It's really hard to watch Kail bulldoze Javi week after week. There's no equality in that relationship.

I can't believe Janelle doesn't have a king sized bed. If I logged that many hours horizontal I'd sure as shit have a big comfy bed.

When they follow up with the teen moms in ten years I am curious to see if Chelsea still sports th baby voice.

I am glad someone brought up the possible child-care arrangments Cory might establish for the twins.  The logic behind the scenario you painted leaves much to be desired, I think, if such a plan does actually come to pass.  All I can say is that Cory had better have a damned good reason to contest the current custody arrangement; otherwise, having the children in daycare,  with a babysitter, or in a full-day institutional setting while he and his wife are at work makes little sense.

I like Cory and always have.  But I remember the other side of Cory, too, before he became somewhat articulate and expressive.  I remember his meltdown in the early episodes when he faced down the possible ending of his marriage due to Leah's cheating, and I see how verbal, assertive,, and determined  - well, almost -- he is now.  But what about the time between those two poles?  I seem to remember a very frequently reticent, sulky, barely communicative Cory who had trouble compromising, as did Leah.  They were both at fault. I also recall how fairly easily he let her go, even though she made it pretty clear that she still had feelings for him and was filing for divorce because she felt she had no other choice.  I am certain Leah was no saint, either, but fair is fair, and Cory did not give me the impression of a guy who really cared about the wife he was losing as a result of divorce.

I think Cory's priorities at that time were The Truck, The Girls and A New Girl.  

Now that Leah has a nice, new husband and another child, I believe there's a pretty sizeable rock of resentment - and perhaps some burgeoning regret - lodged inside Cory's head and heart.  Also, I don't think the public is privy to Cory and Miranda's intentions with respect to having children of their own.  For all anyone knows, maybe Miranda's role in this custody issue has roots in her own resentment and frustration over not having her own kids yet.  It's conceivable - pardon the pun - that they are trying to have a child together and not having any luck.  There are so many possibilities, so many variables, hidden agenda, and too many people involved in the custody chaos developing between Leah and Cory. 

By now Cory's dad and possibly Miranda, too, not to mention Cory's own attorney, have made sure he knows the risks and implications involved in exposing an ex before the Court, for whatever reason, usually child custody being the foremost one.  The wisdom goes something like this:  Before exposing your ex's character or behavioral flaws in court, do a careful inventory of your own faults and vices, since the tables could just as easily turn on you,  with your spouse and her/his attorney using your secrets and weaknesses against you.   

Again, my prediction: Miranda gets pregnant.  All efforts to wrest the girls from Leah come to a screeching halt.  The End.

About Kailin and Javi:  I want to scream every time a so-called reality scene calls for YET ANOTHER one-way conversation, Kail always being the one getting the attention, being asked the "important" questions, talking and talking and talking about herself and her complicated, arduous existence.  I do wonder how long gentle Javi can continue to humor his boring wife with all of her BIG problems. 

Even so, however, I can't help but retain a measure of compassion for Kailin with respect to the non-relationship she has always had with her alcoholic mother.  It can't be healthy to grow up feeling unloved by your own mother, no less... (yet I'm certain there are many people, even people right here on this board, who have survived similar mom-less pasts without turning into self-absorbed boors who show no interest in the lives of others.)

The remark about Jenelle logging enough hours horizontal  to justify a King-sized bed?  My best laugh all week.  Pure Gold!  LOL.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday

StayingAfterSunday, you make a lot of great points in your post. On another episode thread, I questioned whether or not Miranda was really prepared to have the girls full-time. It's one thing to have your stepkids on the weekends, but a completely different thing to have them Monday through Friday where you have to shuffle them back and forth to school, doctor's appointments, dentist appointments, extra-curriculars etc. 

As far as having the girls in daycare, it may be a wash. Yes, Leah is home full-time but I've yet to see her do any sort of educational or enrichment activities with the twins. They might actually be better off in a more structured environment, especially Gracie.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

Going by Twitter, at least, Miranda seems to be promoting some kind of home-based beauty/fitness/sales business. So maybe they are considering her staying home with the girlses should they win custody. In any case, I have no problem with daycare. And they should be starting school soon, I would think?

• Love 3

Are we not living in a different era now where parents work full-time while kids are in daycare or at a babysitter's (relative, friend, neighbor)? Not to mention, the girls are almost five years old. They are either in pre-school or will be attending kindergarten soon. They are not infants. Chelsea had her daughter in daycare, and she seemed to thrive and develop some nice social skills. Chelsea also learned how to make a behavior chart from the school recently. It is a learning experience, not prison.

I think Cory's family would be more than happy to help by watching the girls and taking them to school. From what Cory mentioned in the last episode, his family members have been the ones who have taken Ali to therapy half the time in a one year period. Why is that? Isn't Leah at home? If she is not working, why then does Cory's family have to intervene to make sure Ali gets to her appointments? Leah doesn't work and yet, she has all of these people taking care of her kids.

Thank you all for helping me to know Ali's name. I am still at a loss as to the other one. I still prefer Baby Cheetos/Adderall.

I also recall how fairly easily he let her go, even though she made it pretty clear that she still had feelings for him and was filing for divorce because she felt she had no other choice.  I am certain Leah was no saint, either, but fair is fair, and Cory did not give me the impression of a guy who really cared about the wife he was losing as a result of divorce.

I remember it differently.  It was hard for Cory to find out from someone else his wife had cheated. I give that dude props for all the restraining he did as Leah made him look like he was the bad guy and using that truck as her scapegoat. What fucking gall she had for doing that to Cory.

This is what was said:

On the Nov.19 episode of Teem Mom 2,  Leah told Corey that he just gave up on their marriage. “I didn’t give up, I was fed up,” Corey fired back. “I got fed up chasing your ass.”

That is it right there. This discussion took place in a parking lot after they had filed.  I remember that comment so well because it summed it all up nicely. Cory also said to Leah, "Divorce is not what I wanted."  Leah wanted Cory to forget what she had done to him - committing adultery - as if it was going to be so easy. They were only married six months.

Now that Leah has a nice, new husband and another child, I believe there's a pretty sizeable rock of resentment - and perhaps some burgeoning regret - lodged inside Cory's head and heart.

Really? It wasn't Cory who ran after Leah when she was with Jeremy. Leah wanted Cory back while she was living with Jeremy. Oh, and after having a miscarriage.  She might have still had remnants of that fetus in her uterus when she went crawling back to Cory, asking to make another go at their relationship.  When Cory told her straight up he wasn't sure about getting back with her - who could blame him? - she ran back to Jeremy and got that ring back on her finger quicker than a cheating wife pulling up her panties after hearing her husband pulling up in the driveway.  

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12

Yeah, I don't believe anything Leah says. She's constantly caught in lies and we see her lies captured on screen. She has lied about the real reason she divorced Corey, lied about the missed PT appointments, lied about not having support, lied to Jeremy about the money spent, lied about how many days a week Corey has the girls, etc. To me it seems Leah has never been made to take responsibility for her own bad choices. How long can she blame everyone else?

Regarding her alleged stress, most of it could have been prevented by Leah. Her shitty spending habits are the main cause of her problems. Honestly, how stressed is Leah when she can constantly leave her kids with someone to go eat at the local restaurants with random friends, get tacky manicures, get hideous hairstyles, extend her credit to buy a state of the art washer/dryer, and buy Michael Kors bags?

My sympathy is with the girlses, not Leah.

Edited by RedKoolAide
  • Love 7
I am glad someone brought up the possible child-care arrangments Cory might establish for the twins.  The logic behind the scenario you painted leaves much to be desired, I think, if such a plan does actually come to pass.  All I can say is that Cory had better have a damned good reason to contest the current custody arrangement; otherwise, having the children in daycare,  with a babysitter, or in a full-day institutional setting while he and his wife are at work makes little sense.

Generally I would agree. But with Leah as the custodial parent? Not so much. I am sure he could find a babysitter or daycare provider who would actually brush their hair, make sure Ali gets to appointments, and feed the girlses something other than Mountain Dew, candy necklaces, McDonalds, and Cheetos. Corey's family always seems very willing to help out. If Jeff could take Ali to therapy that one time, maybe he would be able to do it regularly? The girls are four, aren't they? They're going to be going to actual school soon anyhow. I think Cory could easily find someone to help out when needed that would be better than Leah. 

Also, I don't think the public is privy to Cory and Miranda's intentions with respect to having children of their own.  For all anyone knows, maybe Miranda's role in this custody issue has roots in her own resentment and frustration over not having her own kids yet.  It's conceivable - pardon the pun - that they are trying to have a child together and not having any luck.

True that we can't know what's really in someone's heart, but Cory and Miranda have explicitly expressed on the show their desire to wait on having kids of their own. They seem to fully recognize what a lot of work the girlses are, and that it would be better not to rush into things. Thankfully there ARE women out there who don't want to just nail a guy down by having his baby right after they get together. 

I could see it now. Tabatha would crush Leah in her future salon. Tabs is a very take charge, no holds barred kinda chick and I don't think Leah could handle such open and blatant criticism. She'd be bawling in seconds.

Is it wrong that I really, REALLY want to see Tabatha smack Leah in the face with some bacon?

That is it right there. This discussion took place in a parking lot after they had filed.  I remember that comment so well because it summed it all up nicely. Cory also said to Leah, "Divorce is not what I wanted."  Leah wanted Cory to forget what she had done to him - committing adultery - as if it was going to be so easy. They were only married six months.

And let's not forget that it was LEAH who filed. And I don't blame him for being tired of chasing her. She just kept delivering blow after blow. His pride was wounded and he could not trust her. But she was the one who rushed to the divorce attorney. 

• Love 8

Yeah, I don't believe anything Leah says. She's constantly caught in lies and we see her lies captured on screen. She has lied about the real reason she divorced Corey, lied about the missed PT appointments, lied about not having support, lied to Jeremy about the money spent, lied about how many days a week Corey has the girls, etc. To me it seems Leah has never been made to take responsibility for her own bad choices. How long can she blame everyone else?

Regarding her alleged stress, most of it could have been prevented by Leah. Her shitty spending habits are the main cause of her problems. Honestly, how stressed is Leah when she can constantly leave her kids with someone to go eat at the local restaurants with random friends, get tacky manicures, get hideous hairstyles, extend her credit to buy a state of the art washer/dryer, and buy Michael Kors bags?

My sympathy is with the girlses, not Leah.

Maybe this is the sorce of the stress she keeps eluding to...it is much more stressful to keep up with all these stories when you are lying about everything than just telling the truth, hence Corey not seeming so stressed.

• Love 4

Also, I don't think the public is privy to Cory and Miranda's intentions with respect to having children of their own.

There was a scene awhile back where Cory and Miranda talked about how they were deciding to wait to have kids until things calmed down with Ali and the girls and Leah in general. A very mature decision on their part.

• Love 5
[barbara] was backed into a corner and had to raise Jace for his own safety.  Getting custody of Jace was the best thing for him, it mean that Jenelle was not allowed to take Jace with her when she stormed off to go do drugs and hang with losers and get arrested and into fistfights and screaming matches with her peers and boyfriends.  He could have been there when she was high off her ass nodding off with Kieffer, or there when she was rolling around on the ground fistfighting that girl, and all of the other crap that we have seen her do.

If Barb was backed into a corner, it was her own doing.  I remember a 16&P girl whose parents said, "No, we are NOT going to raise your baby."  They meant it, and she knew they meant it, and she gave it up for adoption.  Barb also said she wouldn't raise Jenelle's baby, but Jenelle knew she didn't mean it, and there was never really any doubt that Barb was going to raise that baby.

So it's her own fault AND it exhibits poor parenting skills, which were exactly what she was going to be offering to Jace.  Swell.

If you can't swim, then don't jump into a lake to save a drowning person.  That person will probably drown anyway, you're likely to go down too, and you're probably going to make other people think they don't need to jump in because you've got it taken care of.

• Love 2

I like Cory and always have.  But I remember the other side of Cory, too, before he became somewhat articulate and expressive.  I remember his meltdown in the early episodes when he faced down the possible ending of his marriage due to Leah's cheating, and I see how verbal, assertive,, and determined  - well, almost -- he is now.  But what about the time between those two poles?  I seem to remember a very frequently reticent, sulky, barely communicative Cory who had trouble compromising, as did Leah.  They were both at fault. I also recall how fairly easily he let her go, even though she made it pretty clear that she still had feelings for him and was filing for divorce because she felt she had no other choice.  I am certain Leah was no saint, either, but fair is fair, and Cory did not give me the impression of a guy who really cared about the wife he was losing as a result of divorce.

What's that expression?  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Leah's second dalliance with Robbie wasn't her first time at the rodeo.  This was an issue even before they were married.  I would never judge someone for not reconciling with a cheater.  Ever.  In Casa Persnickety, that would be up in the top 2 of "Reasons I'm Leaving Your Sorry Ass."

I found it a sane and mature choice to not reconcile with someone who felt being tired and going to sleep at night instead of placating her with sex was grounds for cheating.  To my recollection, Leah's big excuse for knocking boots with Robbie Round Two was she felt ignored because Cory was tired at night.  Well, what a bastard he is for working and being tired, Leah.  *snort*

Yeah...No, not gonna pass any judgment on Cory for choosing to not set himself for Return of Robbie Round Three.  I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck in a mess like that.  Sometimes loving someone isn't sufficient to make a relationship work...or keep someone from straying.  Repeatedly.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7

IMO, Leah didn't care about the divorce until it was almost final and she realized "oh shit, I'm going to be on my own with two kids and no man to support my lazy ass." Then all of a sudden she was sad and lamenting Cory for not working hard enough to save the relationship.

• Love 4

I have seen way too many couples stay together "for the kids" all the while not doing what is right for those kids. I am glad Cory went with his instincts and left his wife, Leah. I am in agreement with the Persnickety,  not only would I not judge someone for leaving a relationship where they have been cheated on, Leah's excuse for cheating was that she wasn't getting enough sex at home. Sorry, Leah, someone had to work and pay the bills. Did all of Leah's male relatives stay at home and not do a damn thing but bang the women-folk until they were fulfilled?

Leah needing sexual fulfillment might explain why she demanded Jeremy find a job closer to home because it was her needs that weren't being met, not that she needed his help at home with the girlses.  You know that made no sense when she demanded her man find work closer to home, especially when the show tells us how much help Leah gets from every other person in her family INCLUDING Cory's family.  There is always an ulterior motive with Leah for all she does and says. I don't trust a lying liar that lies. Why would Cory?

OMG I cannot believe a mother can have a job and find daycare or childcare for her children, but if those same children are in the care of the father, suddenly it is a bad idea if they are put in daycare or worst, school!.  Why? What is the damn difference between Cory & Miranda having the girls with a family member versus Leah doing what she is doing, which is leaving the children with people all the time?

wrestlesflamingos I don't think Leah would receive spousal support because she and Cory were only married six months. Most states, if not all, require that a couple be married at least one year before spousal support is considered. In my state, two years of marriage is required to ask for spousal support.

• Love 4

In sort of a theoretical sense I can feel bad for Leah. I think she basically hates her life. I don't think she likes being a housewife or a SAHM. She never seems to like any of it: the cooking, cleaning, playing with the girls, setting up house, gardening... She just doesn't like it. I can sympathize with her because it's not a life I would want, but it's also not a life I choose. And that's where Leah looses people. She isn't smart enough to have thought of a life outside of being a knocked up teenager in rural WV. It sounds like that's all she's ever seen and fell into it herself. Corey on the other hand seems to like his life: his kids, his job, his home. Basically Leah never should have become a mother, but she did and now she doesn't know what else to do. I doubt she even realizes what's bugging her because I don't think she's smart enough to figure out that there are other ways to live. She's just bored and unhappy and frustrated so she spends money and creates drama. She's turning into a real bitch.

• Love 5

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I would swear I remember Leah actually stating when she filed for divorce that she was doing it because she thought Corey was going to file and her reaction was THEN I WILL DO IT FIRST. A typically mature and well thought out Leah plan.

I used to defend her because I honestly thought she was just young and dumb and I had some compassion for her. I remember thinking her cheap autumn wedding to Corey was kind of adorable and I certainly had empathy for their difficult situation of having a child with serious health problems. But she's become such a prevaricating, sniffling, finger pointing mess that it's actually difficult to watch her. I'm very anxious to see how this custody issue is or was resolved, although I am not particularly hopeful given what we've heard on social media.

• Love 3

I have seen way too many couples stay together "for the kids" all the while not doing what is right for those kids. I am glad Cory went with his instincts and left his wife, Leah. I am in agreement with the Persnickety, not only would I not judge someone for leaving a relationship where they have been cheated on, Leah's excuse for cheating was that she wasn't getting enough sex at home. Sorry, Leah, someone had to work and pay the bills. Did all of Leah's male relatives stay at home and not do a damn thing but bang the women-folk until they were fulfilled?

Leah needing sexual fulfillment might explain why she demanded Jeremy find a job closer to home because it was her needs that weren't being met, not that she needed his help at home with the girlses. You know that made no sense when she demanded her man find work closer to home, especially when the show tells us how much help Leah gets from every other person in her family INCLUDING Cory's family. There is always an ulterior motive with Leah for all she does and says. I don't trust a lying liar that lies. Why would Cory?

OMG I cannot believe a mother can have a job and find daycare or childcare for her children, but if those same children are in the care of the father, suddenly it is a bad idea if they are put in daycare or worst, school!. Why? What is the damn difference between Cory & Miranda having the girls with a family member versus Leah doing what she is doing, which is leaving the children with people all the time?

wrestlesflamingos I don't think Leah would receive spousal support because she and Cory were only married six months. Most states, if not all, require that a couple be married at least one year before spousal support is considered. In my state, two years of marriage is required to ask for spousal support.

I actually think Leah would be happier if she had consistent child care for her kids and worked outside the home. She seems to be seeking validation she's not getting at home. Regarding the Cory custody thing, he's basically saying o Leah that alternative care is better than the care you, their mom, provides. I think she's embarrassed.

Edited by finkleiseinhorn
  • Love 1
Leah rushed to file for divorce with I think two motivations: she wanted alimony and filed before the season 3 paychecks from MTV, and she wanted to provoke Corey into action. I don't think she expected Corey to agree to the divorce so she found another man to have that fight with.

Yup. I thought she rushed to file because she figured it would cause him to throw himself at her feet and promise to be a better husband (because we all know their problems were over a truck) OR....if she thought he was going to end it because of the cheating, she wanted to do it first. She's petty like that. 

In sort of a theoretical sense I can feel bad for Leah. I think she basically hates her life. I don't think she likes being a housewife or a SAHM. She never seems to like any of it: the cooking, cleaning, playing with the girls, setting up house, gardening... She just doesn't like it.

Honestly, I don't really think Leah likes doing anything. As far as I see it, she is the epitome of lazy. She loves this show because it allows her to sit around all day and get paid for it. I don't think she'd be any happier working outside the home, because that would involve....work. I think she likes the IDEA of certain jobs, especially if she thinks she can hang around and chat with other girls. But I don't see her having any specific interest or the motivation to stick with anything for very long. She tried nursing school, the tanning salon....wasn't she working at a dentist office or something for awhile there? Then there was the Mary Kay, which she quickly seemed to get bored of, after realizing it takes A LOT of hustle to make any kind of money. She'll probably be happiest when all the girlses are in school and then she can REALLY sit around and do nothing all day. That's if she still has a blue collar sugar daddy at the time. 

• Love 5
Honestly, I don't really think Leah likes doing anything.

She likes getting her nails done, getting her hair done, and tanning.  She also likes bending her friends' ears so that she can complain all about her self-induced drama.  It's all about Leah, Leah, Leah, and how put-upon and victimized she is.  I do think she loves her girls, but I don't think she likes the fact that they must take up her time and require work.  They're too much for her, so we're supposed to be feel sorry for her.  She likes being a victim and a martyr.

• Love 4

If Barb was backed into a corner, it was her own doing.  I remember a 16&P girl whose parents said, "No, we are NOT going to raise your baby."  They meant it, and she knew they meant it, and she gave it up for adoption.  Barb also said she wouldn't raise Jenelle's baby, but Jenelle knew she didn't mean it, and there was never really any doubt that Barb was going to raise that baby.

So it's her own fault AND it exhibits poor parenting skills, which were exactly what she was going to be offering to Jace.  Swell.

If you can't swim, then don't jump into a lake to save a drowning person.  That person will probably drown anyway, you're likely to go down too, and you're probably going to make other people think they don't need to jump in because you've got it taken care of.

While I respect  your point of view I don't think the situations are very similar. I believe you are referring to Lori who was adopted herself and either 18 or close to it. She was legally an adult (if I remember correctly) and her parents told her that they would not be helping her financially or otherwise and she would have to move out. if she was 18 they could legally make her leave. Janelle was 16. Barb couldn't kick her out of the house. She was still responsible for her. And no amount of threatening or trying to talk sense into Janelle would EVER work. She kept Jace as a big FU to Barb. If Barb had been gushing and happy about Janelle having a baby Janelle probably would have gotten an abortion to spite Barb. I definitely agree that Barb is not the best person to take care of Jace. But at this point she is all he has.

• Love 3

I actually think Leah would be happier if she had consistent child care for her kids and worked outside the home. She seems to be seeking validation she's not getting at home. Regarding the Cory custody thing, he's basically saying o Leah that alternative care is better than the care you, their mom, provides. I think she's embarrassed.

Exactly, which seems quite unfair.  It's not as though Leah is such a terrible mother as I think we've all seen far worse people calling themselves "parents" while neglecting the actual parenting. 

I keep coming back to the "Miranda would like a baby of her own" scenario.  I can imagine Cory being the holdout, while placating Miranda with assurances that they can have a child when they are financially secure.  Oh, yes, and one way to jumpstart the process could be to make a budget by eliminating unnecessary expenditures, beginning with --  well, what else?  The money Cory shells out for the twins, child support included.  

Just a thought.  Why?  Because it makes sense.

I think you give Leah a lot of credibility, StayingAfterSunday, with little to go on. To me, Corey has shown himself to be a more reliable narrator than Leah. I'm inclined to believe things are exactly as he and his wife have (rather discreetly) said--they feel the girls will be better off with them. Also, not every young woman is dying to have babies so I'm not sure why that's being attributed to Miranda. 

FWIW, I think Leah actually is not a great mother from what we see. But I seriously doubt Corey would sue for custody over a diet of Cheetos. 

Edited by bref
  • Love 5
I keep coming back to the "Miranda would like a baby of her own" scenario...Just a thought.  Why?  Because it makes sense

Except it has been noted Miranda is not interested in having children right now. It has been put out there publicaly.  She has a career - law enforcement. Not to say officers don't have children, but she might actually be the kind of woman who is content with her life with Cory and her life is fulfilled with being a step-mom to the girls and likely feels bringing a child into her and Cory's life will impede her own career. Women are entitled to not have children so soon after marriage, and some women actually wait a long while before pumping kids out. Unlike Leah and Kail who made it their mission to snag a guy and ensure they stick around by having another child. Some people are fulfilled and happy. Leah is one of those who is not.

I don't feel Cory wanting to have his girls Monday thru Friday is unfair. What is unfair is how Leah neglected her special needs child's medical care. For all of her rants about the fucking wheelchair, there is Cory with proof that Leah failed to do what she should be doing. 

I do believe Cory is doing Leah a favor because she was the one who claimed she never gets support.  Who whines to Jeremy about the kids? Who demanded Jeremy find a job closer to their home so he could help her with the girls because she is overwhelmed? Although I know why she wanted him nearby -  Leah did not trust Jeremy after she caught him texting that stripper. Anyways, Leah's nauseating complaint after complaint in every.single.episode. can only lead one to believe she is unable to handle her children, to the point she needed Lexapro and whatever other meds she was given. Then, she is nodding off while caring for her kids. She has missed many P/T appointments to the point her child's care will be canceled.  She also made sure Cory got an earful of her  claiming how stressed she is whenever he lent an ear to her.  As a viewer,  the message I received is Leah can't handle the pressure.  Imagine the message Cory received since he deals with her constantly. 

I noted before, I don't think Cory will get what he is asking for. He might get maybe another extra day, but Leah will be the primary caretaker.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

What's that expression?  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Leah's second dalliance with Robbie wasn't her first time at the rodeo.  This was an issue even before they were married.  I would never judge someone for not reconciling with a cheater.  Ever.  In Casa Persnickety, that would be up in the top 2 of "Reasons I'm Leaving Your Sorry Ass."

I found it a sane and mature choice to not reconcile with someone who felt being tired and going to sleep at night instead of placating her with sex was grounds for cheating.  To my recollection, Leah's big excuse for knocking boots with Robbie Round Two was she felt ignored because Cory was tired at night.  Well, what a bastard he is for working and being tired, Leah.  *snort*

Yeah...No, not gonna pass any judgment on Cory for choosing to not set himself for Return of Robbie Round Three.  I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck in a mess like that.  Sometimes loving someone isn't sufficient to make a relationship work...or keep someone from straying.  Repeatedly.  

"...not her first time at the rodeo."  That was a good one!  And if you think about it, Cory and Leah's relationship was strained from the start because of their premature "bonding" in the physical sense without even knowing much about each other.  Didn't Leah get pregnant within the first month or so of dating Cory?  So, really, they probably should never have gotten married at all.

Yet, if the welfare of  the children was top priority, then ideally all efforts probably should have been made - by both Cory and Leah - to change their destructive ways, to work through their differences and to raise their girls together in the healthiest environment they possibly could create.

I think Cory was mature in giving Leah a second chance after that dalliance with Robbie, but his passive-aggressive approach to punish her for the deed is what I think delivered the coup de grace in that marriage.  I can vividly recall Leah's persistence in attempting to coax a response from Cory.  Maybe it was due to editing, but Cory seemed chronically absent emotionally from Leah. Doesn't anyone remember Leah trying to generate some sort of verbal exchange with him only to have Cory respond in grunts or mumbles?  At some point in filming producers resorted to adding subtitles for those scenes.  I believe Cory had plans to end the marriage shortly after hearing of the Leah/Robby thing.

In short, I am not disputing Leah's inadequacies as a person or as a mother (she's not perfect, clearly).  And I am not saying the marriage should have lasted -- it never should have happened at all, obviously -- I just don't side with Cory in his objective to "out" Leah by implying his situation is superior in terms of raising the twins. 

• Love 1

Others have commented so, I won't repeat what has been posted, though I do agree with those about what the real truth is vs. what lies Leah has going on with her anti-Cory campaign.

As for Leah getting married too soon, that for sure should not have happened. I am guessing the attitude and culture within Leah's area is, if a girl gets pregnant, she must marry. When she was with Jeremy, there was not one adult in Leah's family trying to put a stop to another rushed relationship. If anything, they all seemed happy to have Leah attach herself to another guy who can take care of Leah and the girls. What a terrible message to send young girls. This show just sucks! 

I just don't side with Cory in his objective to "out" Leah by implying his situation is superior in terms of raising the twins

When did Cory try to "out" Leah?  He only mentioned the missed therapy appointments when he received letters and phone calls. How does that equal to Cory thinking he is being superior with regards to the welfare of the girls? I think Cory feels if Leah is unable to take Ali to her appointments, and she is blatantly lying about it, there might be other issues that he has noticed, confronted Leah about it and she lied. Cory could have put out there a lot of things about Leah, but like a true gentleman, he kept his mouth shut. He is not the one who is selling interviews to magazines and online sites and then bashing Leah in the process. Leah is the one who is smearing her children's father. First thing when it comes to co-parenting, you don't bash the other parent. 

Anyone remember that lovely scene at the reunion when Leah asked Jeremy if she should "out" Cory's secret about him cheating on Miranda? 

Yes, if there is anyone in this situation who is immature, dropping to the level of a snake in the grass, not respecting the other parent, trying to throw someone under the bus, engaging in a total smear campaign, it is all Leah.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 5

I remember when Leah tweeted (or Jeremy) that they found a building for Leah's own tanning Salon.  Then Leah posted this picture as after the Vegas convention as if maybe she found beds for her salon.  If so, what happened to this.  How much money was blown here!?  http://sulia.com/channel/teen-mom-16-pregnant/f/76b5a7df-f2f9-406e-8c40-36cdae4b42d2/  I remember the tweets but had to search a while to find the pic I was looking for.  

• Love 2
I just don't side with Cory in his objective to "out" Leah by implying his situation is superior in terms of raising the twins.

I think Cory has done the opposite.  I think his closed mouth is having most posters, including myself, speculating that there is something more to the custody battle because Cory has not elaborated on Leah's "lifestyle" and the way she's raising the kids.  I gotta respect him for that.  I think that's pretty mature on his part.  I don't think that's something that Adam, or even Jo would do.  Hell, I don't even know if I would do that! I get the feeling he's not trying bash Leah (he's even said as much), he's just trying to take care of his girls. 

• Love 5

I remember when Leah tweeted (or Jeremy) that they found a building for Leah's own tanning Salon.  Then Leah posted this picture as after the Vegas convention as if maybe she found beds for her salon.  If so, what happened to this.  How much money was blown here!?  http://sulia.com/channel/teen-mom-16-pregnant/f/76b5a7df-f2f9-406e-8c40-36cdae4b42d2/  I remember the tweets but had to search a while to find the pic I was looking for.  

My thing is: if Leah can't handle life and manage her kids with no job, how is she going to do so with a business thrown into the mix? 

On another note: Do people still visit tanning salons? Hello, skin cancer and premature wrinkling!!!

• Love 4

"...not her first time at the rodeo."  That was a good one!  And if you think about it, Cory and Leah's relationship was strained from the start because of their premature "bonding" in the physical sense without even knowing much about each other.  Didn't Leah get pregnant within the first month or so of dating Cory?  So, really, they probably should never have gotten married at all.

Yet, if the welfare of  the children was top priority, then ideally all efforts probably should have been made - by both Cory and Leah - to change their destructive ways, to work through their differences and to raise their girls together in the healthiest environment they possibly could create.

I think Cory was mature in giving Leah a second chance after that dalliance with Robbie, but his passive-aggressive approach to punish her for the deed is what I think delivered the coup de grace in that marriage.  I can vividly recall Leah's persistence in attempting to coax a response from Cory.  Maybe it was due to editing, but Cory seemed chronically absent emotionally from Leah. Doesn't anyone remember Leah trying to generate some sort of verbal exchange with him only to have Cory respond in grunts or mumbles?  At some point in filming producers resorted to adding subtitles for those scenes.  I believe Cory had plans to end the marriage shortly after hearing of the Leah/Robby thing.

In short, I am not disputing Leah's inadequacies as a person or as a mother (she's not perfect, clearly).  And I am not saying the marriage should have lasted -- it never should have happened at all, obviously -- I just don't side with Cory in his objective to "out" Leah by implying his situation is superior in terms of raising the twins. 

I read, and I think it was in Kail's book when she was giving the reader an idea of scenes that were reenacted, that the scene you are talking about between Leah and Cory mentioned above was in fact a reenactment which might be a reason for no emotions.

I remember going to court with my ex about child support. I think he was trying to get it reduced (he was ordered to pay 1,300.00 per month for our twins). I just went, I wouldn't of minded the judge reducing it' the kids were fine, but he was trying to tell the judge I used the money for the casino and (witch was not true), and just basically implying it wasn't going solely to the twins. The judge turned to him and said she did not care what I spent the child support on she just wanted it paid, but she did look at me and mentioned I could get a job.

• Love 1