Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E27: Wish You Were Here

JerseyGirl
  • Start Topic

Cory is Ali's dad and yet, he works full-time. Why is Leah the only one who gets the excuse to be stressed, but not the other parent who works his ass off? Cory is not on meds and I bet he is just as worried and sick about Ali's prognosis. The difference is, he knows he has to keep a positive attitude, continue to work and provide because the bank he owes his mortgage to doesn't care if he has problems, they want to be paid and Cory has to work to pay his bills, provide for his kids, his wife and himself. He doesn't have the luxury to just take time off from his job due to his stress the way Leah does and why? Because she has her jackass husband who is willing to support her poor choices in life such as quitting jobs while crying and being all depressed. Leah sure doesn't look depressed and acting like the poor victim when she hauled her ass to Vegas with Jeremy to attend a tanning expo. According to this article, Leah quit a previous job in order to make her dream come true which was to open a tanning salon. I guess that dream exploded just like her nursing career.

I don't see it as an excuse.  Some people handle stress better than others.  I'm just saying that it's understandable if Leah is out of her  mind right now.   Personally I think Leah has mental issues in general.  Also, Leah DOES have good money coming in from the show.   I have no idea how they are broke considering their incomes but the show affords her the luxury to not really need to work at this point.   Cory probably does not make anywhere near as much, although I could be wrong about that.  

That's all part of the picture. Parenting starts with whom you choose to procreate. (How many times have we seen Chelsea bear that burden - that she chose to have a baby with douchebag Adam?)  But saying Barbara seems to have done a crappy job raising kids doesn't absolve their father at all. Nobody's said that, either. And I don't think she's the world's worst mother but I think it is pretty evident that Jace shows the scars already of being raised by Barbara who has a toxic relationship with his "mother" and, as evidenced by her telling him she would send him away, she's not doing too well raising a little boy, either. She's better than Jenelle, for sure. But that's a pretty low bar!

Fact is that it's common on forums like this one and gossip blog comments for people to accuse Barb of being the problem, no mention of where Jenelle's father is and what issues she got from him, or his absence.   I personally think that's bullshit.   The situation Jace is in is 100% Jenelle and Jace's father's fault.   I don't think Barb is perfect, I already said that I think it's gross that she allows Jenelle around and Jace has to live like that.   But she is the only one who has given Jace what little security he has in life.   She's the reason why he isn't either bouncing around the foster care system or in Jenelle's care when she was on drugs.  She tried to talk Jenelle into giving Jace up for adoption, Jenelle refused.  She also refused to care for Jace.  So Barb has no power to allow Jace to be adopted and gets to step up and be a parent all over again inher 60's.     I think she needs help, and once again can't understand why MTV or Dr Drew or whoever isn't making sure that Jace AND Barb get some help.   

• Love 3
I have no idea how they are broke considering their incomes but the show affords her the luxury to not really need to work at this point

Except just a few episodes ago, Leah's spouse rattled off a list of the amount of money she has spent. He wasn't rattling off figures such as $50 or $100. He mentioned expenses of thousands of dollars.   In case you overlooked it, there was a link to a story posted on this board where Jeremy is quoted as saying he and Leah have gone through $100,000.00 in ONE YEAR on frivolous spending. Leah bought her sister a brand new car. Why couldn't that money go towards the many bills she is crying about? $3500 on a new washer and dryer because the washer had a problem. Why not fix the washer instead? Then, there was the $1500 on cosmetics that she later admitted she is not selling. She quit her first job because she wants to establish her own tanning salon business. Now, she quits the second job because she is stressed. Of course she is stressed, she is spending money foolishly. Leah and Jeremy have gone through at least three new cars. Then there was all that money being spent on her shitty hair and nails. The day before she heads to court to cry about her financial crisis and the issues relating to her girls, she goes to the hair salon to get her hair colored with highlights. If you look at the countless photos of Leah on gossip sites, she sports some expensive purses. Jeremy took a job closer to home to please Leah, of course that meant he took a pay-cut, something he mentioned to Leah when she was going all up in his face about not spending enough time with her because he was working. All of that complaining was because of Jeremy spending loads of money on a stripper at a strip club. Leah found out by checking his phone because the stripper and Jeremy were texting one another. I love how Teen Mom glossed over that matter, all that was mentioned on the show was how Leah was going through Jeremy's phone.

As for why Barb gets all the comments, simple - she is the one on the show, not Jenelle's dad. There is nothing to comment on since there is no information about the guy. Barb doesn't mention him and neither does Jenelle.  Did he die? I don't know. Did he abandon Barbara? Who knows. Did Barb leave him? Maybe.  All I know is, there is nothing on this show to explain his absence, but there is a whole lot of footage of Barb, who is front and center on this show, and even if Mr. Evans were on this show, that would not deter me from having the thoughts that I have about Barb because I observe her behavior. Sure Jace is better off with her than Jenelle, but only because Barb is not an addict. That doesn't mean she Saint Barbara. She has her faults. Yelling and cussing right in front of Jace is one of them. Telling him he will not live in her home anymore is another. The list goes on and on. I do pity the woman for having to deal with raising another child at her age. She also doesn't get any thanks from Jenelle. Jenelle takes Nathan on a trip to the Florida Keys at some resort, but she doesn't bother taking her son or her mother anywhere.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

A job at the tanning salon or wherever isn't going to fix Leah's blowing money problem.   I think that ties back in with her issues.   I'm saying she wouldn't be homeless without a job right now because she has money from the show.    I never argued that she doesn't piss money away, in fact I have said before that I can't comprehend how they are so broke, shopping on maxed out cards and still don't have the medical bills paid.    I don't think money is the main thing stressing her out.  

Of course Barb is the one on the show.   But I find it weird that Barb is taking all of the responsibility and all the blame.   We have footage of Barb because she is the one raising Jace.   I don't think anybody thinks Barb is perfect or doing a stellar job.   She is struggling obviously. 

Edited by Lexie
  • Love 2

In my opinion, nothing is stressing Leah out. She is putting on an act to deter from her own behavior while putting the blame on Cory. All of this so-called stress over money started when Jeremy blew his top with Leah. She became defensive and then turned it on Cory not paying child support - something she agreed to. She is the one who was willing to accept the $200 from Cory.  Leah needs to look like the victim and by telling everyone she is stressed, the real issues are being overlooked - Leah can't curb her spending.

Leah is not homeless because she was damn lucky to have found a guy who was willing to marry her nasty-ass and take care of her.

A job at the tanning salon or wherever isn't going to fix Leah's blowing money problem

Of course it won't, but going by what she said on the reunion show a year ago, she took the tanning salon job because she told Jeremy if he took a job closer to home, she would get a job to help. She then quits the job because she told Jeremy she wanted to buy her own tanning salon. We know that didn't work out. Now, look what she did. She up and quit another tanning salon job because she is stressed. This girl creates her own drama.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

Of course she creates her own drama.   Normal people do not live their lives like Leah.   Think what you want but I don't believe she is not stressed out about Ali.  Her daughter has a serious condition.  

Jeremy not that dumb, he knows she makes bank on Teen Mom 2.  Leah wouldn't be homeless if Jeremy was gone.   She would probably be in debt from overspending but nothing like the average woman who has 3 kids by 21 or however old she is and is a single mom.   Until the Teen Mom gravy train runs out that is.   

• Love 3
In my opinion, nothing is stressing Leah out. She is putting on an act to deter from her own behavior while putting the blame on Cory.

I agree. I think Leah likes to play perpetual victim. I'm not saying that a parent raising a child with a condition like Ali's shouldn't be stressed, but I really don't think that's it. Not all of it anyway. I think she is lazy and entitled and wants to find any way she can to get help and attention from others.

• Love 7

I agree with the people who said that Corey must have the goods on Leah.  Those papers he gave his lawyer looked like they had lots of dates on them for missed appointments.  Add that to the footage from MTV they can get access to, plus anything Miranda may have heard while on duty, and I think Corey probably has plenty of ammunition for reversing their custody arrangement.  He isn't a vindictive guy at all, IMO.  If he was, he would have shown that the first time Leah cheated on him with Robbie, or the second, or the first time she put him down on TV as a man not willing to fight for his family, etc.  

While Lee and Dawn were supportive of Leah, Lee seemed to be putting more into the advice side of things.  Something tells me they know there's more to the story too and he was trying to warn her it was going to get worse and she better get her stuff together without saying too much on camera.  I expected a lot more Corey bashing from them for daring to take those babies away from their mama and it was actually pretty lukewarm.  

I am so glad that someone posted that was a re-created beach scene with Kail because when I was watching it all I could think of was how awful Isaac missed out on all that fun... of three people sitting in the sand fully clothed, with not a sand toy in sight.  

If I was Chelsea, my first reaction would have been to 1) document with pictures of Aubree's knee, 2) call and voice my complaints to Adam's mom, and 3) call the lawyer.  But I totally get Randy on this.  Everything is being documented by MTV.  So they have Aubree on camera saying she rode the dirt bike with Adam with no helmet and got burned. They also have Chelsea on camera saying that no bothered to tell her that her child was injured during this time.  So that takes care of #1.  And if the courts aren't going to take away Adam's parental visitation for the crash with the elderly people and the numerous violations that one included, then the dirt bike probably isn't going to do it either so document it along with the fact that he was arrested for DUI during visitation weekend AGAIN along with the fact that the Linds weren't properly supervising him AGAIN and bide your time until his court date, which takes care of #3.  Then for #2: call Adam's mom and give her a piece of your mind and threaten to find someone else to supervise visitation, like someone the court appoints.  I don't blame her for being SO frustrated though.  I think it's amazing that the only thing she does in this awful situation is call him names/ make fun of him behind his back when he shows up at his daughter's softball game with an entourage and a different chick every week.  I don't know if I could show the same amount of restraint!

The Jace situation is such an awful mess.  I really feel for him, and I agree with those of you who get so upset about the way he is living.  The Evans family is dsyfunctional, and it's sad to see it played out on TV.  I do have a hard time criticizing Barbara, though.  Do I believe she has made some terrible parenting choices?  Absolutely, without a doubt.  Do I believe she makes them more often then most?  Yes, I do.  But do I believe she makes them all of the time?  I really don't.  I think she does have a loving bond with Jace.  I think we have seen those moments on the show, and I bet there are lots more of them when they are not filming, and more importantly when Jenelle isn't around.  I also don't think she's going to turn her back on him when he becomes more of a handful.  Look what Janelle puts her through, and she is still there for her time and time again.  If there is anyone on this show who I am inclined to give a pass to and say they were stressed and reacted badly, it's Barbara.  What she's been through with Jenelle since the show began is enough to make anyone on edge if they weren't there already.

Are we sure Gabriel lives with Barbara?  How do we know she isn't just baby-sitting?

• Love 3

Anyone have an answer to:  Why does Corey think the twins are a  package deal?

If the problem he's having with Leah is because of Ali, why does he think he should get custody of both girls?

I'm not sure Miranda hasn't put him up to this.  He seemed perfectly happy with the way things have been.

Corey just does not strike me as someone who would NOW try to get full custody unless there was something substantial, and of which he had proof, going on at Leah's house.

I agree and I also think his lawyer would have told him it was a waste of time unless he had proof that would give him a leg to stand on in a custody fight. 

Regarding Gabriel, I don't think we know for sure that Barb has custody. I'm assuming she's taken him in because that kid seems to be there morning, noon, and night. Jenelle's sister is a screw up, so it wouldn't surprise me if she dumped her kid on Barb as well. 

• Love 3
why does he think he should get custody of both girls?

The twins are Cory's daughters. If they had four bio children together, he'd seek custody of all four. Cory is worried about the stability or lack thereof in Leah's home. It wouldn't make sense to me or the courts for him to take one child for five days out of the week and not the other. It is not because they are a package deal or twins.

I agree with the poster that out of all of these participants on the show, Barb is the one who I think is stressed out.

I won't say Leah is not feeling stress from her daughter's condition, but as ghoulina mentioned, the stress she is showcasing is not all about her daughter. There was that one episode where she was going off about Cory to two of her friends in two different scenes. All she did was complain about Cory and made him out to be a bad father while patting herself on the back for all that she does. Not one word about her stressing about her daughter and her worries about what lies ahead for her. She is self-centered.

At least when Cory is shown, his scenes show him mentioning his daughters and his worry about their needs.

I keep going back to that tidbit that was put out there by the camera man who said out of all the moms, Leah is the worst. Yes, Leah, there is much more that we don't see. You are damn lucky.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 6

I don't see it as an excuse.  Some people handle stress better than others.  I'm just saying that it's understandable if Leah is out of her  mind right now.   Personally I think Leah has mental issues in general.  Also, Leah DOES have good money coming in from the show.   I have no idea how they are broke considering their incomes but the show affords her the luxury to not really need to work at this point.   Cory probably does not make anywhere near as much, although I could be wrong about that.  

Fact is that it's common on forums like this one and gossip blog comments for people to accuse Barb of being the problem, no mention of where Jenelle's father is and what issues she got from him, or his absence.   I personally think that's bullshit.   The situation Jace is in is 100% Jenelle and Jace's father's fault.   I don't think Barb is perfect, I already said that I think it's gross that she allows Jenelle around and Jace has to live like that.   But she is the only one who has given Jace what little security he has in life.   She's the reason why he isn't either bouncing around the foster care system or in Jenelle's care when she was on drugs.  She tried to talk Jenelle into giving Jace up for adoption, Jenelle refused.  She also refused to care for Jace.  So Barb has no power to allow Jace to be adopted and gets to step up and be a parent all over again inher 60's.     I think she needs help, and once again can't understand why MTV or Dr Drew or whoever isn't making sure that Jace AND Barb get some help.   

This is all I can find. http://starcasm.net/archives/81088

Edited by Mkay

Personally I think Leah has mental issues in general.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Leah does remind me very much of the people I'm close to who are narcassitic/borderline.  The general lack of self-awareness,black and white thinking, and possible abandonment issues speak volumes to me.  However, I agree with this as well:

I think Leah likes to play perpetual victim. I'm not saying that a parent raising a child with a condition like Ali's shouldn't be stressed, but I really don't think that's it.

On point. I know people who do this; their problems are the abosolute worst in.the.world. No one else could possible understand what they are going through. Poor pitiful me, everyone is being mean to me. I'm right and everyone is wrong. I'm not trying to negate Leah's stress either, I feel for Ali and understand it is hard as a parent to see her go through what she does, but I think Leah likes to make it about her. The constant martyrdom is probably nothing more then it keeps her from having to really think about what stupid decisions she has made and having to take any responsiblity for her mistakes.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 3

I don't think Leah has a personality disorder. I think she's immature. She gets herself in hot water, tries to slide out with a half truth, gets deeper into trouble, doubles down on the lie, gets even further away from the truth. In a decade, she'll have enough life experience to avoid this nonsense. Right now, she's trying to make a lot of made up stories true and the truth is cracking though.

• Love 7

I will be interested to see what ten more years will bring for Leah, once the money and "fame" is gone. I would like to believe what you are saying, wrestlesflamingos, and that she will mostly outgrow this foolishness once she is down the money  and fans (and possible Germy) to back her up. Being cynical, though, I wouldn't be surprised if she stays in her little delusional world. Mental issues or not, she doesn't come off as very bright at all. I could see her in a few years once teen mom is gone still thinking she is still important and will get the big buck for interviews.  For all her girlses's sakes, I hope she does grow the hell up.

I agree and I also think his lawyer would have told him it was a waste of time unless he had proof that would give him a leg to stand on in a custody fight. 

Regarding Gabriel, I don't think we know for sure that Barb has custody. I'm assuming she's taken him in because that kid seems to be there morning, noon, and night. Jenelle's sister is a screw up, so it wouldn't surprise me if she dumped her kid on Barb as well.

Whether she has custody of him or not, it does seem like he is there enough, without a parent, to assume Barb watches him a fair amount of time

I was reading something from a few years ago that said Barb got divorced and moved her and the kids away about 13 years ago. Jenelle is the youngest and all 3 of Barb's kids have been in trouble legally, including domestic disputes with Barb. I do think she loves Jace and has affection for him but, again. that does not mean she is a good parent for him. She does not seem to have had an easy life and while we can all admire her sort,of hardscrabble history, I think that household is an unfortunate upbringing for Jace. I do think itis better than living with Creepy Nathan and his tie-tosterone (tm Barb) rages. But Barbara needs a LOT of help if she is to be a better parent to Jace. She has been raising children like this for 30 years. Old habits are hard to break.

• Love 2

RE Leah and Corey's custody battle - wouldn't we know by know if Corey had won custody of the girls? How far back did all this happen?

I am guessing the majority of the recent episodes took place over this past summer. Kaiser was born June 30th so I guess we're about 3 months behind reality. So Corey and Leah could still be in the midst of their legal battle. Custody disputes can take awhile if there's a lot of information to process.

Also, I'm just gonna drop this here. http://www.mtv.com/news/1941550/nathan-griffith-shirtless-birth-announcement-photos/

I haven't seen this show since the first season but ended up getting sucked into a marathon yesterday. I stopped watching the show initially because it actually stressed me out. I am a planner and to see these kids (meaning the parents) living life on a wing and a prayer was too much for me to take. I've now spent half the day getting caught up on season five's forum. Good Lord, they are all in worse shape then 4 years ago! I've got to hand it to Chelsea ,she rose to the occasion and seems like a great mom. I'm sure it has to do with the support of her stable extended family. But the rest? A complete nightmare. Poor Jace. It broke my heart when Jenelle was crying in the car and he was singing in an effort to comfort himself. Also poor Barb, I just have a fondness for her. I know there is plenty to criticize, but to me, she really has done the best she can. Is it enough? No. But your best is all you can do. I also wonder if there is a genetic component to the mental illness in that family. That's a whole lot of crazy in one house. And why do any of them think having another baby is a good idea? I really don't understand. As for Leah and her maturing over time, I have a freind who got pregnant in college and she still talks about how her ex ruined her life and someday she's going to get that degree. She is 56 years old! She hasn't had kids in the home for 15 years!

• Love 3

But saying Barbara seems to have done a crappy job raising kids doesn't absolve their father at all. Nobody's said that, either. And I don't think she's the world's worst mother but I think it is pretty evident that Jace shows the scars already of being raised by Barbara who has a toxic relationship with his "mother" and, as evidenced by her telling him she would send him away, she's not doing too well raising a little boy, either. She's better than Jenelle, for sure. But that's a pretty low bar!

Following this, I think Jace would have been better off if Jenelle wasn't in his life at all until she cleaned up. Her coming in and out, and yelling at Barbara in front of him, and all the other terrible behavior we've seen has made it worse. If she was just gone, and then came back in 5+ years as an adult who is ready to be in his life, he could easily be in a different place. I can't think of a situation where Barbara did something inappropriate around him that didn't involve Jenelle (yelling, cursing, saying negative things about Jenelle/Flavor-of-the-Week). It would still be awful for Barbara to be raising this child by herself, at her age, but Jenelle's behavior has made it much harder.

• Love 4

The Jace situation is such an awful mess.  I really feel for him, and I agree with those of you who get so upset about the way he is living.  The Evans family is dsyfunctional, and it's sad to see it played out on TV.  I do have a hard time criticizing Barbara, though.  Do I believe she has made some terrible parenting choices?  Absolutely, without a doubt.  Do I believe she makes them more often then most?  Yes, I do.  But do I believe she makes them all of the time?  I really don't.  I think she does have a loving bond with Jace.  I think we have seen those moments on the show, and I bet there are lots more of them when they are not filming, and more importantly when Jenelle isn't around.  I also don't think she's going to turn her back on him when he becomes more of a handful.  Look what Janelle puts her through, and she is still there for her time and time again.  If there is anyone on this show who I am inclined to give a pass to and say they were stressed and reacted badly, it's Barbara.  What she's been through with Jenelle since the show began is enough to make anyone on edge if they weren't there already.

If I remember correctly, Barb and Jenelle mentioned that Jenelle's brother is bipolar. Mental illness sometimes runs in families. They discussed the possibility of Jenelle suffering from bipolar disorder. Although, I don't know if she was ever officially diagnosed and I have no idea about the sister. However, I do know that one family member's mental illness can devastate a family. It can be an impossible situation to manage. Unless they've actually experienced it; I think that most people never fully understand the struggle. It can take an incredible emotional toll on a family; not to mention the financial toll that it can take.  Having said all of that; I'm not sure what kind of parent Barb is? Obviously she's not well educated and perhaps a little rough around the edges. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that she is a bad parent. Certainly, having 1 mentally ill child or possibly multiple mentally ill children would drive most people to or way way beyond their wits end. What we've seen of her has been her in crisis management, always at or beyond her wits end. With Jenelle alone she's had to cope with: teen pregnancy, drug abuse, verbal abuse, juvenile delinquency, arrest/court dates, abusive boyfriends, criminal boyfriends etc; while raising an infant and working. God knows what she endured with Jenelle's brother. With all of that going on around her, I think that it's impossible to determine what type of parent Barb is, outside of crisis management  I hope that she is seeking professional help for both her and Jace. 

Edited by cafe au lait
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure that if Leah retained custody over Corey she'd have that shit all over Twitter and whatever other social media she has. She seems like a very "in your face!" kind of person, especially with this situation. She and Germy certainly have their judgy hats on regarding Corey and Miranda.

• Love 4

What we've seen of her has been her in crisis management, always at or beyond her wits end. With Jenelle alone she's had to cope with: teen pregnancy, drug abuse, verbal abuse, juvenile delinquency, arrest/court dates, abusive boyfriends, criminal boyfriends etc; while raising an infant and working. God knows what she endured with Jenelle's brother. With all of that going on around her, I think that it's impossible to determine what type of parent Barb is, outside of crisis management I hope that she is seeking professional help for both her and Jace.

But I think that is all part of the problem. "Crisis mode" is Jace's life. Edited by lilmarysunshine

How much of Barbara and Jace's home life have we seen when Jenelle hasn't been there to set things off?  Barbara and Jenelle are really toxic together, and I like to hope that when Jenelle isn't there, Jace and Barbara have nice quiet happy times. 

• Love 1

Finally got to watch,- stupid job ruins my fun. Jo was delightful with Isaac, I loved the poster too. Way to go Vee. I bet Isaac and she had fun making it. Jo's barbecue looked tons more fun than the lonely beach. I loved Jo's comment that being with Isaac was his alone time, sweet. Kail seems to becoming a bit more aware that it's ok for Isaac to be with his dad for a longer time. I hope they can work out visitation in future summers. Chelsea should have taken pix and called the police regarding Adumb and Aubree on the dirt bike. Adumb does not deserve visitation right now. Corey cleaned up nicely for court. I, too wonder what goods Corey has on her. Keep taking the high road Corey, that's what real men do. No words for Leah and Nipple Nathan. Janelle can barely get out of bed, how can she take care of an active 5 year old? Agree that Nathan wants to stick it to Barb, he is such an asshole. In the wise words of Judge Judy, "get a job". I have a love/hate relationship with this show, I want to keep watching, but I don't want them to get more money to blow through, I am ready for the gravy train to leave the station.

• Love 1

Anyone have an answer to:  Why does Corey think the twins are a  package deal?

If the problem he's having with Leah is because of Ali, why does he think he should get custody of both girls?

I'm not sure Miranda hasn't put him up to this.  He seemed perfectly happy with the way things have been.

Cory's desire to have both girls may stem from the fact that they are twins and, as is typical of many, if not most, twins, they have been a "set" or a "pair" since birth.  It may simply seem more natural to keep them together. 

Yes, it could very well be Miranda influencing Cory.  My own experience with this type of "Dad Suddenly Seeking Custody" makes me think of one primary influence, though, and that is money. Kids often tend to be valued like material assets during custody cases, which is horrible. 

Of course, there are other reasons that custody comes into play as well, such as mental instability, substance abuse or any any sort of sexual or child abuse.  But I don't see Leah as being guilty of any of these, other than some neurotic traits and a tendency to worry obsessively.  I think she's been a very good mother to her children, and  I don't think her spending habits will factor heavily into any judge's decision about Leah's suitability to parent -- (not that this case will ever be decided by a real judge).  Chances are mediation will be the route that Cory and Leah end up taking, just as Cory's lawyer suggested.  But my guess is that Cory will in short order abandon his quest for additional custody of the twins once reality hits - and/or if Miranda gets pregnant. 

I haven't followed the Cory/Miranda story very closely.  Does Cory have any children with her yet? 

How much of Barbara and Jace's home life have we seen when Jenelle hasn't been there to set things off?  Barbara and Jenelle are really toxic together, and I like to hope that when Jenelle isn't there, Jace and Barbara have nice quiet happy times.

I hope so. Jace said he would rather stay with Barb. But her talking about telling him he would have to leave because of his behavior had nothing directly to do with Jenelle. She cannot be blamed directly for that though I agree Barb is stressed because of Jenelle and her choices regarding everything so Jenelle definitely indirectly can be blamed. I agree that Barb would likely handle Jace better if she cut Jenelle out of their lives. But she will not do that, obviously.

I've been poking around online about the Leah/Corey custody issue and seems that nothing has been resolved yet. And there are a fuckton of Leah sympathizers willing to come out of the woodwork and defend her. I'd just love to be a fly on the wall during that hearing. I want to know what the dirt is and why he's suddenly gunning for custody. I honestly don't think it's a  money thing. I think Corey would be perfectly happy to pay support for the girlses in Leah's care if there were no issues. But I think there are. And someone else said, maybe since Miranda is an officer she knows stuff the public doesn't. I'm sure she's privy to lots of personal information not easily obtained to the public. And like I said before, Leah knows damn well what's going on and she just isn't acknowledging it. It's a huge pink elephant in the room.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure that if Leah retained custody over Corey she'd have that shit all over Twitter and whatever other social media she has. She seems like a very "in your face!" kind of person, especially with this situation. She and Germy certainly have their judgy hats on regarding Corey and Miranda.

I think MTV has them under contract not to give away these storylines before they air.

• Love 1

If I remember correctly, Barb and Jenelle mentioned that Jenelle's brother is bipolar. Mental illness sometimes runs in families. They discussed the possibility of Jenelle suffering from bipolar disorder. Although, I don't know if she was ever officially diagnosed and I have no idea about the sister. However, I do know that one family member's mental illness can devastate a family. It can be an impossible situation to manage. Unless they've actually experienced it; I think that most people never fully understand the struggle. It can take an incredible emotional toll on a family; not to mention the financial toll that it can take.  Having said all of that; I'm not sure what kind of parent Barb is? Obviously she's not well educated and perhaps a little rough around the edges. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that she is a bad parent. Certainly, having 1 mentally ill child or possibly multiple mentally ill children would drive most people to or way way beyond their wits end. What we've seen of her has been her in crisis management, always at or beyond her wits end. With Jenelle alone she's had to cope with: teen pregnancy, drug abuse, verbal abuse, juvenile delinquency, arrest/court dates, abusive boyfriends, criminal boyfriends etc; while raising an infant and working. God knows what she endured with Jenelle's brother. With all of that going on around her, I think that it's impossible to determine what type of parent Barb is, outside of crisis management  I hope that she is seeking professional help for both her and Jace. 

I've mentioned this before, my in the eighties my Dad had PTSD and bipolar and was in the mental hospital a lot when I was a kid.  My Mom and sister were both depressed and I was the youngest in my family. (my sister is 5 years older).  I'm 37 now and have diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder, Dysthymia (long term depression) and Social Anxiety Disorder and I was depressed and suicidal starting at age 7, and didn't get any treatment until starting 2004.  And Jenelle's lived in the Carolinas for a long time-- I moved to NC from Atlanta in 2007-- and in the Carolinas where I live (not too far from Barbara, maybe an hour) Psychiatry is AWFUL-- a LOT of misdiagnoses.  You have any mental problem and you are told either to smoke weed, or if you decide to get treatment you are automatically diagnosed with bipolar no matter your symptoms.  I've often said that Jenelle's diagnosis of bipolar is actually borderline personality disorder.  She was diagnosed with bipolar when she was in drug rehab.  I doubt she's in any therapy or takes meds (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm pretty sure that if Leah retained custody over Corey she'd have that shit all over Twitter and whatever other social media she has. She seems like a very "in your face!" kind of person, especially with this situation.

Oh absolutely. She has reveled in sticking it to Corey lately. I just read an US Weekly from a few weeks back, in which she was interviewed about her anxiety and need to go on meds. She just could not resist getting in several digs at Corey, and how he basically compounded her stress by not being on board with the wheelchair. So yes, I do see her at least dropping some passive aggressive jab via Twitter if she was entirely vindicated.

Barb has mentioned Jace getting in trouble at preschool, and we've seen him being rough with that other little boy when Jenelle was not there. I think Barb's mode of parenting is toxic, which is partly how Jenelle ended up like she did. Granted, Jenelle and Barb together is ten times worse, but I don't think that household is a bastion of peace just because Jenelle's not there.

• Love 2

With that flat affect of Jenelle's I would be more surprised if she weren't on meds during her pregnancy. Or before. Nobody is that blah all the time. The only emotion she is capable of expressing is anger, or frustration. Then she lashes out. But whatever she's taking it doesn't seem to be working properly cos numbing out everything isn't the point of psych meds.

• Love 1

I can't imagine them splitting up the twins or in custody situations generally splitting up siblings before they're old enough to make a decision for themselves or a contributing factor like a teen who doesn't get along with a step parent or a child who is having issues at school switching to live with the other parent because they live in a better school district where they will get a better education.  In this situation I think Corey taking Ali and Gracie remaining with Leah could be disastrous in terms of the girls development.  I think Corey and Miranda will provide a lot more structure like they mentioned and probably encourage the girls more to exceed in school.  Versus Leah who seems to have difficulty just making sure they get to school.  I think it's actually Gracie who would benefit more from a better structured environment in terms of behavior.  While obviously Ali needs a parent who will make sure she makes it to her therapy appointments.

• Love 2

I don't think Ali's medical care is Corey's motivation. I think it is a concern and an issue he and Leah disagree on, but I don't think it's THE concern in this case. From the way Corey talks about Leah's "lifestyle" and Leah's reaction to this, and her family's focus on Corey's child support I just feel like there is something else going on. So it wouldn't really make sense to take Ali and leave Graci. Plus I can't imagine a parent choosing one child over another. I think Corey is concerned about both of his girls

• Love 5

I have no doubt that Barbara is doing her best, but sometimes that's just not enough and I'm not going to give her a pass for it.  She chose to raise Jace.  And I'll bet my bottom dollar that she thinks she's doing a good job.  And not just a better job than Jenelle.  She said Jace is bipolar, which I fear might be code for "I'm not responsible for how he's turning out."

Jenelle knew Barb wouldn't follow through on her threat not to raise Jace, and acted accordingly.  I know it would have been a monumental task and probably beyond her abilities, but I've always wished Barb had followed through and not taken care of Jace and made Jenelle do it herself.  And watched the two of them like a fucking hawk, to make sure Jenelle didn't kill him or something.  But Jenelle's neglect would have been quick and obvious, and Jace could have been taken away from her when he was a tiny baby, and maybe given half a chance in this world. 

I'm sure it would have broken Barbara's heart (although she argued in favor of adoption so it's not like she was incapable of fathoming the thought of someone else raising him).  But better that than what Jace is turning out to be like.  And hell, even if he somehow manages to shake his violent tendencies, he's going to bear the mental scars of being in the middle of Jenelle and Barbara, and that's just not fair.  None of it's fair, actually.  But Barbara volunteered for this, and it pisses me off that she's doing such a poor job of executing.

ETA:  Just bitching doesn't do much good, I guess.  So I'll try to be positive and say that looking forward, Barb should get therapy for herself, and for Jace.  That much is obvious.  Bring Jenelle in on it if/when appropriate.  Tell Jenelle that if Jace is a witness to one more fight between Barb and Jenelle, or between Jenelle and Nathan, then game over, Jenelle isn't allowed to be around him any more, period.  And follow through.  Yeah, it will be rough for Jace, but whose fault is that?  Jenelle never should have been allowed around him in the first place.

And finally, pitch to MTV a cross-promotion with the Supernanny to get that shit straightened out before it gets any worse.  And to take Dr. Drew's place, while we're at it.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier

She chose to raise Jace.

She was backed into a corner and had to raise Jace for his own safety.  Getting custody of Jace was the best thing for him, it mean that Jenelle was not allowed to take Jace with her when she stormed off to go do drugs and hang with losers and get arrested and into fistfights and screaming matches with her peers and boyfriends.  He could have been there when she was high off her ass nodding off with Kieffer, or there when she was rolling around on the ground fistfighting that girl, and all of the other crap that we have seen her do.

But Jenelle's neglect would have been quick and obvious, and Jace could have been taken away from her when he was a tiny baby, and maybe given half a chance in this world.

No, Jenelle would have been given chances to get her shit together.   Jace would not have just been removed permanently and Jenelle's rights taken away immediately.   Look at how many times she's been arrested and she managed to skate away from most of her charges. 

• Love 3

Yes, it could very well be Miranda influencing Cory.  My own experience with this type of "Dad Suddenly Seeking Custody" makes me think of one primary influence, though, and that is money. Kids often tend to be valued like material assets during custody cases, which is horrible.

Of course, there are other reasons that custody comes into play as well, such as mental instability, substance abuse or any any sort of sexual or child abuse.  But I don't see Leah as being guilty of any of these, other than some neurotic traits and a tendency to worry obsessively.  I think she's been a very good mother to her children, and  I don't think her spending habits will factor heavily into any judge's decision about Leah's suitability to parent -- (not that this case will ever be decided by a real judge).  Chances are mediation will be the route that Cory and Leah end up taking, just as Cory's lawyer suggested.  But my guess is that Cory will in short order abandon his quest for additional custody of the twins once reality hits - and/or if Miranda gets pregnant.

I haven't followed the Cory/Miranda story very closely.  Does Cory have any children with her yet?

I don't think that money has anything to do with Corey wanting to change the custody agreement at this time.  It isn't the first time that they've gone to court over money, and Corey has never had an issue with Leah being the primary parent before.  I think the motivating factor for him is that Leah is up to something with her lifestyle that we haven't been told yet.  But the other motivating factor is that she wanted to strip him of his rights as Ali's father to make decisions about Ali's health while she is neglecting it herself.  I don't blame Corey for being upset one bit.  It's a lot easier to get your kid to therapy appointments and school in town (especially when other people are willing to drive her there for you) then it is for one man who works full time to convince a huge company to change their policies and approve an expensive piece of medical equipment on the spot.  She brought this battle on herself.

I actually think it's great that Corey and Miranda don't have kids yet and don't seem in a hurry to make any.  Maybe that's why there's more structure at his house and Aleeah seems calmer, Ali isn't as tired, and Corey isn't as stressed.  They're able to give time and attention to the family they already have without feeling desperate to make a new baby together.  I wish Leah and Jeremy (and while we're at it Adam/Taylor, Kail/Javi, and Nathan/Jenelle) would have been as mature as Corey and Miranda.

• Love 5

Unless she can't because of her contract.  But her mom however...   I do think once the decision is aired Leah is going to bad mouth Cory once again. I do think the tweet I shared of Leah's is going to come into play in the court's decision: Leah D. Calvert @TM2LeahDawn  ·  Aug 11

It shouldn't take being legally appointed to benefit your children's needs. All I can say is I would be ashamed as a parent/grandparent.

Edited by Mkay

Unless she can't because of her contract.  But her mom however....

It's always possible. But until there's confirmation of this tweet I remain skeptical. And her mom is known for being a total Leah defender (obvs) so she might be just saying things to back her daughter up. She and Lee seem like shit stirrers too.

• Love 1

One thing that tells me Cory wanting primary custody of the girls has nothing to do with money, was way back when Leah first mentioned to him about needing more child support for the girls. This was back when she and Jeremy bought their first home. Cory seemed hesitant at the time. He even asked Leah what is it the girls needed. She rattled on about clothes and other items that didn't seem to make sense or that would warrant an increase of $300 per month.  Cory seemed to give her the side-eye.  I can't blame him since he, of all people, would know how Leah is with money. His response to Leah was, "If the girls need anything, tell me. I have no problem buying  whatever they need."

I think Cory was implying CS was not being used directly for the girls, but to Leah's wallet to make up for whatever she was wasting via her careless spending. I get that CS is not always directly used for food and clothes. It can be used towards rent, mortgage, utilities and all the things that any child needs in order to have a decent and stable home. I think Cory is feeling Leah spends way too much money and any extra she gets, is just for her personal benefit. He may also feel Leah is spending too much on frivolous stuff for the girls when it can be used for medical costs or anything else related to the girls.

Remember when the girls had their first birthday? Cory mentioned on camera how Leah was spending too much money. Leah tried to justify spending over $500 on the girls' b-day presents because it was their first birthday. Cory then told Leah that Christmas was just around the corner. Leah was very annoyed at Cory for trying to get her to understand what she was doing.

Leah gets annoyed anyone tries to tell her different. She and Kail have a lot in common. That moment in the truck after she bought the washer & dryer, which must have been made by NASA, when Jeremy got on her ass for her spending, she yelled at him that he is just trying to control her and she said, "all my life I have been controlled". Now, Jeremy hasn't been with her that long for her to say such a thing. I guess that is one of her major problems - she doesn't like anyone telling her what she can or cannot do. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

It's always possible. But until there's confirmation of this tweet I remain skeptical. And her mom is known for being a total Leah defender (obvs) so she might be just saying things to back her daughter up. She and Lee seem like shit stirrers too.

While searching for that tweet look what I found. lol  She thinks highly of herself. https://myspace.com/sexiimomof3

Didn't Corey instead send over a box of clothes and backpacks for the girls for school? So much for a dad who does nothing, huh Leah?

Jace deserves a dad like the one the girlses have or the one Isaac has.

Mama Dawn - man, she is not attractive in the least. Leah had that hair just like her mother, which is why she fries the hell out of it with a straightener to keep it from being curly. Sexy mama my ass. Neither one of them are attractive. Remember this lovely article which showed Mama Dawn in all her glory after giving birth at the age of 17? Look at that hair. That face...OMG:

http://starcasm.net/archives/132538

• Love 3

That explains Leah's tweet August 7th:

“The BEST divorce and custody lawyer! @DivorceLawyerWV”  

Then again on August 11th:

“It shouldn’t take being legally appointment to benefit your children’s needs. All I can say is I would be ashamed as a parent/grandparent”.

• Love 1

I feel the same way!  It seems inauthentic to me.  There's something fake about his tone.

It may be that he's just not comfortable on camera, he's always seemed standoffish even before Issac was born. You can sense his dislike for Kail too, it's so obvious he can't stand her, but he at least tries to get along with her for his son's sake.

He is one dad who will not step out of his child's life, no matter what that asswipe Kail throws at him.

The same can be said for Corey, and those two idiot mothers (Leah, Kail) need to take a look at Nathan and Adam, and see that they could have it a hell of a lot worse.

On a superficial note...WTH Kail's friend? did she roll in Cheetos? She's self tanned/bronzed herself to death, she looked creepy.

• Love 2

I like Barb but not always. however she didn't really choose to raise Jace. She had no choice. If she hadn't taken him where would he be? Dead by now? Janelle can't even take care of a dog. without her flavor of the month there she wouldn't be taking care of Kaiser either. Nathan does most of the work. If Nathan were to leave her I guarantee she wouldn't meet Kaisers basic needs either. She'd be too stressed, too busy looking for a new man. So Barb has no choice. She either cares for Jace or he ends up in a ditch somewhere. I have a relative whose step kid was in his mother's care and mom left him with her boyfriend. Boyfriend got drunk and 3 year old wandered out of the house onto busy road and ended up at a coffee shop playing with another kid and the people at the coffee shop called the police. Police found mom's boyfriend (who was the caretaker) drunk, unable to even stand up. THEY LEFT THE CHILD with the boyfriend and called CPS. CPS removed the child the next day and now is going to investigate. Child is under non custodial parent's care at this time. The 3 year old could have been hit by a car, could have been snatched by a stranger..  this would have been Jace's life (or worse) if Barb didn't take him in.

Something is definately up with Leah. She has more help than anyone I know. Most people have the grandparents who will watch the kid once in awhile but she has 3 sets of grandparents, sisters, brothers, cousins, friends even her freakin grandmother! to watch the girlses. She and Jeremy never have Adalynn with them when they drop off or pick up the twins. I don't think Jeremy even watches his own daughter because we always see him and Leah together without her. She doesn't have much to be stressed about. She doesn't have to work (like Cory does) doesn't have to take care of her own children. Doesn't even appear to clean her house..  Cory must have something big on her to be asking for full custody.

I had to laugh at the morons (Kail and Javi) talking about how jo probably won't be able to get the 6 week visitation ever again because Issac will be in sports or in school. Sorry, its court ordered. No judge cares about your vacations, Issac's involvement in sports etc. He leaves for six weeks end of story. Sports aren't mandatory. He will just have to miss out on stuff but that is YOUR fault. You moved him 3 hours away. So now Jo is entitled to several weeks in the summer with his son. Deal with it.

Edited by kira28
  • Love 1

I didn't understand Kail's logic about sports and school. Why would either of those affect the visitation when Jo has Isaac for six weeks during the summer? And I totally agree, a judge isn't going to care about a five year-old going to soccer camp. Jo can just as easily enroll Isaac in summer activities during the time Isaac is in New Jersey. I'm so tired of Kail acting like Isaac only has good things in his life when he's with her, while his time with Jo is some sort of prison sentence. 

• Love 1

That explains Leah's tweet August 7th:

“The BEST divorce and custody lawyer! @DivorceLawyerWV”  

Then again on August 11th:

“It shouldn’t take being legally appointment to benefit your children’s needs. All I can say is I would be ashamed as a parent/grandparent”.

Can someone interpret the August 11th tweet- I don't get it......

• Love 3