Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E27: Wish You Were Here

JerseyGirl
  • Start Topic

I think that if Chelsea dragged Adam into custody court, he would definitely lose visitation until he straightens the fuck up.  Fathers have lost visitation for less egregious acts.  He is dangerous and his parents aren't doing their job as supervisors.  I don't even know if his parents were actually appointed by the court as supervisors or if Chelsea is just trusting them to do so.  I wouldn't let my child go near Adam or his parents again if I were her.

The question is how long would it take them to get a court date and then whatever that date is; would probably be pushed around. I think attorney's spend the bulk of their days rescheduling court dates. Would any of that take place before Adam's other court appearances? If I remember correctly Adam's visitation has to be supervised by is parents. 

I do think she should talk to his parents, she should call them on what she suspects, let them know she has a record of the injury along with a letter to the FOC dated and put in her record that way if it ever does come down to a court case then Chelsea has her bases covered, until then it's up to her to take command of the situation.

I think this is the best thing Chelsea can do. She will need to jot things down as they happen. She should contact Adam's parents and remind them that they are the ones who are supposed to be caring for Aubree's safety. If and when something happens, she will move forward and then bring in the attorney. At least this way, she has advised them of what they are supposed to be doing, advise them of her intentions should they fuck up, and this way she has put them on notice. Putting all of that in writing would be another thing Chelsea should do just to cover all her bases.

On the other hand, I think Chelsea feels turning to the attorney might be the only way she can get Adam and his parents to take her seriously. Being that they have not followed the court-order by being proper supervisors, they may be why Adam has total disregard for the law. Their own actions seem to mirror their son's which is to thumb their nose at the law.

There is no license for driving on one's own property

Was it proven or shown that was the case? Not even Chelsea knows what happened so it is moot IMO to discuss what hasn't been established. For all we know, this happened at someone else's place, on a public road, or at some dirt hill away from the Lind's home.

I remember lots of injuries in my own childhood from skating, skateboards, and bike riding

As do I, but I wasn't with a parent who was possibly under the influence.

I have no idea how a judge would see a scraped/burnt knee these days.

I watched the show and rewinded some scenes, but there was nothing said by Chelsea that she wanted to take Aubree in front of a judge and show a judge her child's knee. She was upset at Adam who was again caught while under the influence while breaking the law, during his visitation time with their daughter.  The knee injury just added to the situation because it may be that she hurt herself while with her dad who may have been under the influence. If so, where did this occur? Did Adam take Aubree somewhere? If so, that is violating the court-order because Aubree is supposed to be in the care of the grandparents, not alone with Adam. That is why they call it "supervised visitation". If the Lind's cannot do that, then Chelsea will need to have someone ordered by the court to do the supervising.

And yes, the parents are court-ordered to be supervising Aubree. There was a link posted here somewhere. I don't feel like looking for it, but trust me, they are.

My bae is not racist. her statement came out wrong and was taking out of content. Move on.

Check out this fool!! Javi is using "bae" to refer to Kail. Is he trying to be "down with it"?

I am laughing at Javi's stupidity..."taking out of content"

Hey Javi, you and your wifey, Hulk, love to put your asses out there on Twitter, MTV, and everything else, so don't tell the public to move on when your stupid wife makes another stupid comment. I love how he wants others to move on, but it is okay for him and Kail to continue their bullshit drama, talking about Father's Day and Isaac being gone.

I already know what I said was wrong, it completely came out the wrong way too. This is weighing heavy on me. Trust that...

Hmmmm...now Kail  seems to be back-pedaling. Her initial comment on Twitter, which was posted here, showed her laughing at the whole thing. Is she getting blasted on Twitter? She is so vile as was her comment which I happened to read when I paused the scene during the previews. There is no way Javi or her can say it was taken wrong. It was texted and received by Jo.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

According to several media oulets, Barb and Jenelle went to court last December and agreed to suspend the measly $130 a month Jenelle was paying Barb. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2013/12/03/jenelle-evans-caring-for-jace-regularly-child-support-payments-to-barbara-evans-suspended/

WHY???????????????  Was it too much for Jenelle to take just the tiniest bit of responsibility for her own child?  That $130 a month could have paid for karate classes or swimming lessons or even help with a therapist.  But instead it now helps support gross Nathan, renting a 3 bedroom home and fancy cars.  Wow.

• Love 2

I was very touched by Barbs breaking down and telling Jenelle that she was proud of her, that she was on the right track and that she had been scared for so long that Jenelle would die. I thought it was a very revealing statement and while I do think they have always had a contentious relationship, a lot of the stuff we have seen from Barb came from that fear. She was scared that she would get that call some night, the call every parent of a child with drug/alcohol issues fears. Unless there's more to the scene to come, it doesn't appear that Jenelle reaches out to her to acknowledge it.

• Love 2

I was very touched by Barbs breaking down and telling Jenelle that she was proud of her, that she was on the right track and that she had been scared for so long that Jenelle would die. I thought it was a very revealing statement and while I do think they have always had a contentious relationship, a lot of the stuff we have seen from Barb came from that fear. She was scared that she would get that call some night, the call every parent of a child with drug/alcohol issues fears. Unless there's more to the scene to come, it doesn't appear that Jenelle reaches out to her to acknowledge it.

Jenelle could barely look away from her fucking phone during the whole conversation. She makes me sick. The little bitch even had the balls to try to blame Barb for her being a dope fiend. No, Jenelle. You didn't start doing drugs because Barb took care of the child you neglected. You were getting fucked up long before Jace was born and were out partying all night right after he was born. Waaay before Barb protected that baby and herself by securing legal custody.  And, why in hell was skeevy Nathan even there? Oh, that's right! To intimidate Jenelle into pushing Barb for custody so he can cut her out of their lives.

Please, please, please! Don't give that little boy to those two idiots!

• Love 3

Wow. I thought it was short for "baby".

It is. People I grew up with and ones older than me were calling their significant others "bay" long before the birth of the first millennial. I guess twitter got a hold of it and turned it into some nonsensical acronym.

Javi did end up with Kail so no, most definitely he is not Mensa material. Kail should give him a cute name such as Beney. He is, afterall, only good for benefits.  

I was stumped with Kail mentioning the communications courses at the college. Did some checking and apparently she is now  studying TV, Radio and Film.  I guess she must think she is ahead in the game with her five seasons of Teen Mom under her belt.

Javi Marroquin @JaviM9  · 

My bae is not racist. her statement came out wrong and was taking out of content. Move on.

Oh, did Javi go to school with one Mrs. Tamra Judge (of RHOC fame)?  Hmm..."taking out of content."  Javi, did your text just come out wrong?  You're a big dummy, but you're a big dummy with benefits!

He is, afterall, only good for benefits. 

I was stumped with Kail mentioning the communications courses at the college. Did some checking and apparently she is now  studying TV, Radio and Film.  I guess she must think she is ahead in the game with her five seasons of Teen Mom under her belt.

(HA! SPLAIN, looks like we were thinking the very same thing! Must have been typing while you posted!)

I noticed that Maci wished to major in the same thing, and I think Jenelle, at one point did the same.  I guess these girls think that since they've been subjects of this show that they "have what it takes to make it in the biz." 

Hey Javi, you and your wifey, Hulk, love to put your asses out there on Twitter, MTV, and everything else, so don't tell the public to move on when your stupid wife makes another stupid comment. I love how he wants others to move on, but it is okay for him and Kail to continue their bullshit drama, talking about Father's Day and Isaac being gone

I'm in sync with my fellow prev.tv.-ers tonight! GreatKazu, these are my sentiments exactly.  Hearing and reading viewer comments comes along with those MTV checks, Kailyn. 

You know, this season a tiny corner of my cold heart was thawing ever so slightly for Kailyn.  I liked that she was trying to make her relationships with Jo and Vee work, but you know what?  I think that bitch was just trying to do damage control from the past seasons, and was trying to be the Teen Mom that's shown such growth and maturity.  Well, I guess a leopard can't change her spots.  She was a bitch on 16 & Preggers, and she's a bitch now.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 2

Are Jenelle and Nathan even off probation yet? Jenelle is neither mature nor stable. I don't believe that she and Nathan have any genuine interest in raising a child. They wanted revenge on the court system that has so often intruded in on their lives. They also want revenge on their parents. 

I thought Jenelle was off probation awhile back because I vaguely remember an episode talking about it. I assume Nathan's probably still on probation but I don't remember hearing anything either way on that. For someone who doesn't seem to want to raise kids Jenelle sure ends up pregnant a lot.

WTF is "bae" anyway?

Urban Dictionary: Bae

Urban Dictionary

Bæ/bae is a Danish word for poop. Also used by people on the internet who think it means baby, sweetie etc.

Hahahaha I like thinking this is right. It makes them look really stupid.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 7

Javi did end up with Kail so no, most definitely he is not Mensa material. Kail should give him a cute name such as Beney. He is, afterall, only good for benefits.  

I was stumped with Kail mentioning the communications courses at the college. Did some checking and apparently she is now  studying TV, Radio and Film.  I guess she must think she is ahead in the game with her five seasons of Teen Mom under her belt.

I thought she was doing some dental stuff?

Correct me if I'm wrong, the timeline is a little iffy since I feel like this season has lasted 2 years, but haven't we seen Leah keep Ali home from therapy/school at least twice just on the show alone? I'm not saying she wasn't legitimitally sick, but if we have seen her stay home a few times on the show then I highly doubt those were the only 2 missed appts Leah keeps going on and on about. Someone upthread pointed out her segments always start with "the girls are with so-and-so" and it's true. But don't forget "we don't see everything".

I have to say as far a janelle is concerned, does she not remember that basically Jace's entire life is on tv, meaning it's easliy reference-able that she left Barbara with no choice but to raise him... Barbara wanted her to put him up for adoption, but janelle refused but basically forced Barbara to raise him. I think she has done her best, I think, but she was not in a place where she wanted to raise another kid to begin with, and who can blame her, now she has Gabriel too.

• Love 2
WHY???????????????  Was it too much for Jenelle to take just the tiniest bit of responsibility for her own child?  That $130 a month could have paid for karate classes or swimming lessons or even help with a therapist.  But instead it now helps support gross Nathan, renting a 3 bedroom home and fancy cars.  Wow.

Don't forget the electronical stroller.

• Love 1

There's definitely stuff going on behind the scenes that no one is talking about. The whole Corey/custody situation is proof of that. Obviously Leah's had her cage rattled so whatever dirt he has on her is legit. She's not gonna be able to talk her way out of whatever it is. Honestly I hope Corey gets custody of the girlses if Leah is fucking up that bad that he feels the need to take control. And kudos to him for stepping up and doing it.

• Love 8

I feel the same way!  It seems inauthentic to me.  There's something fake about his tone.

He might be self-conscious about interacting with his kid on camera. I cannot tell you how much I would hate that so I could understand it if that was the case.

I also think Jo has a sucky, sullen, sort of condescending personality. At least that is what I see. I think he genuinely loves Isaac, though.

• Love 1

And Lee can GTFO. Who thought it would be a good idea to put his mug back on tv?

My random thought about Lee: he looks like a hillbilly bat with glasses. It is hard to take his nuggets of wisdom seriously.

Jenelle could barely look away from her fucking phone during the whole conversation. She makes me sick. The little bitch even had the balls to try to blame Barb for her being a dope fiend. No, Jenelle. You didn't start doing drugs because Barb took care of the child you neglected. You were getting fucked up long before Jace was born and were out partying all night right after he was born. Waaay before Barb protected that baby and herself by securing legal custody.

This SO freaking much. Personally, I think Jenelle is mostly spoiled and has been for a long time.  I know someone similar to her; late 20s, young child, pops pills, doesn't work, lives with mom (who is the emotional and financial support for the grandbaby) whines about her life and how terrible it is but will not listen to anyone or do one simple thing to better herself.  I think Barb's heart is in the right place, but she is an enabler herself. I have no sympathy for Jenelle. You know, she may have had dysfunctional childhood, but she can join the club and shut up. She took drugs because she is irresponsible and an addict, just like she lost custody of Jace.

• Love 5

Chelsea is trying so hard not to be the bad guy by taking Aubree's father away from her. She's really in a no-win. I do think she should try to have more dialogue with Adam's mom, but I also can see how tricky it is if Adam's mom is always going to side with him (as moms tend to do), and Aubree's safety and Adam's existence are mutually exclusive.

Suck it Kail. This is obv about her deep abandonment issues and not about Jo's parenting ability. So am I to understand that no broken-homed kids can join a sport because they might have to leave for 6 weeks in the summer? Bullshit.

Jo is better than me. I would have sent her a pic of Isaac eating some tostones and arroz con gandules while draped in the Puerto Rican flag to remind her that Isaac isn't as lily-white as she thinks he is!

Javi condoning #shehulkbae bullshit on Twitter just confirms what I always suspected about him...he is color struck! But then again, he's probably just towing line so he doesn't have to endure a round of Kail Smash!

• Love 6

Chelsea is trying so hard not to be the bad guy by taking Aubree's father away from her. She's really in a no-win. I do think she should try to have more dialogue with Adam's mom, but I also can see how tricky it is if Adam's mom is always going to side with him (as moms tend to do), and Aubree's safety and Adam's existence are mutually exclusive.

Suck it Kail. This is obv about her deep abandonment issues and not about Jo's parenting ability. So am I to understand that no broken-homed kids can join a sport because they might have to leave for 6 weeks in the summer? Bullshit.

The Chelsea/Aubree/Adam thing is the perfect cautionary tale for young girls. Chelsea was so in love with him despite everything he did and all Randee's words of warning. Now she's stuck co parenting a child with him. Not only that she's stuck her daughter with a crappy father who will probably break her heart a million times. And that's something Chelsea will have to deal with. Like JJ says "you picked him"

• Love 1

I paused the tv and read the text messages between Kail and Jo. There is no editing to it, she definitely said what she said.  

Javi Marroquin @JaviM9  ·  

Kail Lowry @KailLowry  ·  21h

I already know what I said was wrong, it completely came out the wrong way too. This is weighing heavy on me. Trust that...

Maybe it wasn't Kail who texted that? I think one of her 37 chins might have hijacked her phone while she was sleeping.

Javi is such a little bitch. If he weren't such a famewhoring nitwit, I'd almost feel sorry for him.

• Love 1

I used to hate Jo with a passion--he spoke horribly to and about his son's mother in the past, and his would-be rapper posturing seemed laughable--but he really seems to have matured a good deal. His fawning over little Lincoln, even if it's a bit exaggerated just to be nice to Kail, is all kinds of adorable. And Vee is a treasure, she seems genuinely sweet and is far more tolerant of and kind to Kail than I would be in the same circumstances. The scenes of Jo hanging out with Isaac felt authentic and touching to me, and I agree that any note of falseness on Jo's part is from discomfort in front of the cameras. I was also happy to see his mom and dad again, they always seemed like decent folks to me. 

If only Kail could stop seeing Jo and herself as RIVALS for Isaac's love her life would be so much better. I understand she has abandonment issues, but she needs to grow the fuck up and her boi needs to shut the fuck up. Their elucidation of all the ways Jo will fail as a parent for six weeks made me want to throw things at my tv.

Can we all chip in to get Barb some parenting classes? Janelle is a lost cause but Barb could still be a decent mom to poor little Jace if she learns some appropriate boundaries. I hope he is still in karate with that awesome teacher, too. 

• Love 8

Correct me if I'm wrong, the timeline is a little iffy since I feel like this season has lasted 2 years, but haven't we seen Leah keep Ali home from therapy/school at least twice just on the show alone? I'm not saying she wasn't legitimitally sick, but if we have seen her stay home a few times on the show then I highly doubt those were the only 2 missed appts Leah keeps going on and on about. Someone upthread pointed out her segments always start with "the girls are with so-and-so" and it's true. But don't forget "we don't see everything".

I have to say as far a janelle is concerned, does she not remember that basically Jace's entire life is on tv, meaning it's easliy reference-able that she left Barbara with no choice but to raise him... Barbara wanted her to put him up for adoption, but janelle refused but basically forced Barbara to raise him. I think she has done her best, I think, but she was not in a place where she wanted to raise another kid to begin with, and who can blame her, now she has Gabriel too.

I have a feeling there were a whole lot more missed appointments, but she's only referencing the two Corey knows about. Just a guess.

I have always wondered, couldn't Barb have legally put Jace up for adoption once she got custody?  Or was that impossible if it was some sort of temporary custody agreement? I don't know the legalities of it, but it seems weird to me that Jenelle had so much control over what happened with him when she was barely even seeing him. It's so sad to think what his life could have been like/be like if they had allowed a couple who was desperately wanting a child to adopt him.

Can we all chip in to get Barb some parenting classes? Janelle is a lost cause but Barb could still be a decent mom to poor little Jace if she learns some appropriate boundaries. I hope he is still in karate with that awesome teacher, too.

I don't know. Look at the daughter she raised. Now I know that kids can grow up in spite of or because of their parents but aren't all of Barbara's kids messed up? She was letting Jenelle have sex in her house with Andrew during the 16 & Pregnant episode. Sure she complained but it seems like that is all she does and the mouth on Jenelle towards her mom? If Jace has the same attitude as a teen.,...

I cannot imagine telling a four, five year old that he would have to move out because of his behavior. A 16/17 year old? Totally different thing. I do think she loves Jace but it takes more than love. And if she has Gabriel, too...which does she? That is a lot on her plate.

• Love 2

There is no way Barb could or would put Jace up for adoption. Newborns can go out for adoption but Janelle refused to do that. Barb is all Jace has. She loves him and we can only hope life is less dramatic without cameras rolling. Reality shows exist to ramp up the drama. This is OK for adults but children should not be subjected to this nonsense. Producers are probably goading the fighting. Jace is really suffering, MTV needs to pull the plug. Worthless As he is, Dr Drew should intervene for the sake of this dear boy.

I don't know. Look at the daughter she raised. Now I know that kids can grow up in spite of or because of their parents but aren't all of Barbara's kids messed up? She was letting Jenelle have sex in her house with Andrew during the 16 & Pregnant episode. Sure she complained but it seems like that is all she does and the mouth on Jenelle towards her mom? If Jace has the same attitude as a teen.,...

I cannot imagine telling a four, five year old that he would have to move out because of his behavior. A 16/17 year old? Totally different thing. I do think she loves Jace but it takes more than love. And if she has Gabriel, too...which does she? That is a lot on her plate.

I'm with you on Barbara. I think she means well, but bless her heart. I couldn't live with her for 5 minutes and I wouldn't really trust her as a babysitter She's just not a good mother. She's not well suited to raise kids. She's so negative and defensive and hostile. And honestly? Jace isn't doing well. I don't think Janelle is some fluke. I think she grew up in a very angry house and ended up a very angry person. I mean I feel bad for Barbara, because I would hate to be in her situation, and I think she is a better option than Janelle because I think he's reasonably safe with her and basic needs are met, but talk about the lesser of evils. Poor Jace. That poor kid has some bad stats working against him.

• Love 7

Jo showed 1,000,000,000 x more emotion and love during this season towards his son, and Lincoln too, than Jenelle ever will to her own flesh and blood in her entire lifetime.

Jo has a quiet demeanor. He reminds me of my late parents. They showed immense love and devotion with just a hug sometimes. Watching the Riveras enjoy Father's Day as a family, in spite of the fact they divorced, speaks volumes about how the family loves one another. I think this is why Jo tries his best to keep the peace with Kail.  Just watching the preview next week as Kail, once again, walks away when she doesn't want to hear what Jo has to say, just shows her level of immaturity.

Kail cannot tolerate others to have an opinion or to have a different opinion than hers. She is such a child, stomping her feet, walking away while muttering, "I'm done". Done with what you selfish cow? Done hearing some intelligent talk from the other parent? Tough shit Miss Chinny Chin Chin. 

Speaking of chins, her orthodontist ripped her off. He/She could have done some work to bring forward that chin of hers. Wearing a head-gear or whatever they use now to bring it forward, would have given her a decent profile. Speaking as the parent of a child who had a similar issue, I am so glad I spent the money to give my child proper orthodontic work.

Chelsea was so in love with him despite everything he did and all Randee's words of warning. Now she's stuck co parenting a child with him. Not only that she's stuck her daughter with a crappy father who will probably break her heart a million times. And that's something Chelsea will have to deal with. Like JJ says "you picked him"

True, she had sex and became pregnant and kept that child. But just to clarify something here, Adam didn't want Aubree. He pursued child visitation after being a dick and ignoring Aubree so many times, never picking her up as he promised, never wanting to spend time with her on the weekends, and not showing up for events. Suddenly, he served papers on Chelsea and demanded visitation. If he hadn't done that, Chelsea would have been the only parent in her child's life. With Adam having pursued this and being granted visitation, Chelsea has no choice but to do what is court-ordered. This is why his parents were court-ordered to supervise the visits due to Adam's overall behavior.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1

Yeah, I guess I should have added parenting classes and therapy. I do think in her heart of hearts, Barb WANTS to do the right thing by Jace. I was also horrified by her threats that he would have to leave and she needs way better anger management skills, but she has also been a steady figure in Jace's life since birth and MIGHT be open to hearing about how she could possibly be a better parent to him--but NOT if it's coming from Jenelle or Nathan's mouths.

• Love 1

I noticed something tonight while watching a mini-marathon of TM2. Where the hell is baby Adderall during Leah and Corey's drop-offs? Cos if she and Germy are both there (like in the argument situation) who's watching the baby? There wasn't even a carseat in the back for her. It's like she doesn't exist compared to "the girlses". That is very weird to me. It would be like Kail leaving Lincoln at home everytime she drops off Isaac. It doesn't make sense.

I do think she should try to have more dialogue with Adam's mom, but I also can see how tricky it is if Adam's mom is always going to side with him (as moms tend to do),

She just recently tried this and apparently Adumb's mom acted like a 13-year-old and bitched her out on the phone. I don't think she's going to get anywhere trying to reason with the Linds.

I noticed something tonight while watching a mini-marathon of TM2. Where the hell is baby Adderall during Leah and Corey's drop-offs? Cos if she and Germy are both there (like in the argument situation) who's watching the baby? There wasn't even a carseat in the back for her. It's like she doesn't exist compared to "the girlses". That is very weird to me. It would be like Kail leaving Lincoln at home everytime she drops off Isaac. It doesn't make sense.

Leah and Germy only have around 500 relatives that rotate as babysitters (which is why I can never figure out why she's so stressed. She has more help than I ever have). One thing I hate is taking kids in and out of car seats. I know it sounds petty, but I have three and it becomes a real pain in my ass. I'd leave the baby at home too.

• Love 3
If it weren't for MTV, Janelle would probably be on the street.

Jenelle would probably be a crack whore right now if not for the MTV money.   She's done multiple seasons of the show and is still broke.   Barb even had to pay for the abortion and when she was with Kieffer they showed her getting evicted if I recall correctly.   She blows all her money on drugs (well, before anyway) and supporting losers.   That's probably why Barb gave up the 130 a month in support.  They said before that Jace's father owes Barb a lot of child support and he would get arrested if he came around to see Jace.

Leah and Germy only have around 500 relatives that rotate as babysitters (which is why I can never figure out why she's so stressed.

Leah has a lot of babysitters but who wouldn't be stressed out of their mind of their kid a diagnosis like Ali.   It must kill Leah to watch Ali struggle and know she will only get worse.   

I think Barb's heart is in the right place, but she is an enabler herself.

Agreed.   It pisses me off that she allows Jace to be around Jenelle and the screaming matches that happen when Jenelle comes over.  And it makes me sick that poor Jace has to go on overnights in a house where he is afraid.   Sickening.    Barb has done a lot for Jace but she always puts Jenelle first.   She should cut that loser out of Jace's life, he'd be better off.  

Look at the daughter she raised. Now I know that kids can grow up in spite of or because of their parents but aren't all of Barbara's kids messed up? She was letting Jenelle have sex in her house with Andrew during the 16 & Pregnant episode.

IDK why Barb is the one getting blamed for the kids she raised.  Where's their father at?   At least Barb raised her kids and worked and supported herself and her kids.  Even if she is the cause of their issues, it doesn't excuse Jenelle being a piece of shit and bringing a child into the world who has to live like Jace does.    I don't recall Barb letting Jenelle have sex in the house at 16, didn't they get into a big fight because the boyfriend slept over and Barb heard them having sex and Jenelle said she was already pregnant so it didn't matter?   I kind of remember an arguement like that on 16 & Pregnant.   

Edited by Lexie
  • Love 1

With the amount of time Jenelle seems to just want to lay around and do nothing I'm surprised she even had the energy for something like sex. She doesn't seem to give a shit about much else. I mean hell, the past 2 episodes have basically been her driving or in her bed. Or occasionally on Barb's couch. I'd like to know if she cooks or cleans or does a damn thing at home or if Nathan ends up doing all that stuff.

Corey just does not strike me as someone who would NOW try to get full custody unless there was something substantial, and of which he had proof, going on at Leah's house.

He has never seemed in any way vindictive to me, and so I have to reject that as a motivation.

And while none of us know about the actual financials, I also do not see him trying for full custody in order to reduce child support payments. I suppose it is possible, but if that is what is going on, I would be surprised.

• Love 3
Leah has a lot of babysitters but who wouldn't be stressed out of their mind of their kid a diagnosis like Ali.

Cory is Ali's dad and yet, he works full-time. Why is Leah the only one who gets the excuse to be stressed, but not the other parent who works his ass off? Cory is not on meds and I bet he is just as worried and sick about Ali's prognosis. The difference is, he knows he has to keep a positive attitude, continue to work and provide because the bank he owes his mortgage to doesn't care if he has problems, they want to be paid and Cory has to work to pay his bills, provide for his kids, his wife and himself. He doesn't have the luxury to just take time off from his job due to his stress the way Leah does and why? Because she has her jackass husband who is willing to support her poor choices in life such as quitting jobs while crying and being all depressed. Leah sure doesn't look depressed and acting like the poor victim when she hauled her ass to Vegas with Jeremy to attend a tanning expo. According to this article, Leah quit a previous job in order to make her dream come true which was to open a tanning salon. I guess that dream exploded just like her nursing career.

http://therealteenmomtalk.com/leah-messer-calvert-tanning-salon-update/

IDK why Barb is the one getting blamed for the kids she raised.  Where's their father at?

If you can find that out, then we will all be grateful to you. No one knows.  Although Barb having to do it all alone most certainly had to have been rough for her, that doesn't excuse her own behavior. I am in the group that believes that adult children have themselves to blame and they should own up to their own behavior, but at the same time, after watching how Barb responds and reacts to Jenelle, Nathan and Jace, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why Jenelle acts like she does. That one scene where Jenelle left her mom's place after that baby shower drama, Barb totally ignored Jace as he stood there crying for her attention. Just like her daughter who can't be bothered to notice Jace crying in her presence. Jace would have to Face Time his mother to get her attention.

• Love 5

IDK why Barb is the one getting blamed for the kids she raised.  Where's their father at?   At least Barb raised her kids and worked and supported herself and her kids.  Even if she is the cause of their issues, it doesn't excuse Jenelle being a piece of shit and bringing a child into the world who has to live like Jace does.    I don't recall Barb letting Jenelle have sex in the house at 16, didn't they get into a big fight because the boyfriend slept over and Barb heard them having sex and Jenelle said she was already pregnant so it didn't matter?   I kind of remember an arguement like that on 16 & Pregnant.   

That's all part of the picture. Parenting starts with whom you choose to procreate. (How many times have we seen Chelsea bear that burden - that she chose to have a baby with douchebag Adam?)  But saying Barbara seems to have done a crappy job raising kids doesn't absolve their father at all. Nobody's said that, either. And I don't think she's the world's worst mother but I think it is pretty evident that Jace shows the scars already of being raised by Barbara who has a toxic relationship with his "mother" and, as evidenced by her telling him she would send him away, she's not doing too well raising a little boy, either. She's better than Jenelle, for sure. But that's a pretty low bar!

And, that is how I remember it, too. So Andrew continued to "sleep over." I am the mother to a teenaged girl. Ain't no way in hell would her boyfriend spend the night in my house after I found out they were using that opportunity for sex. (And it would have to be an exceptional circumstance, anyway, for a boy to spend the night for precisely that reason.)

That one scene where Jenelle left her mom's place after that baby shower drama, Barb totally ignored Jace as he stood there crying for her attention. Just like her daughter who can't be bothered to notice Jace crying in her presence. Jace would have to Face Time his mother to get her attention.

She was way too consumed with calling Nathan to yell at him.  They ALL have anger/temper issues. Is it any wonder Jace is aggressive at school and with his cousin?

And while none of us know about the actual financials, I also do not see him trying for full custody in order to reduce child support payments. I suppose it is possible, but if that is what is going on, I would be surprised.

The only way I could see him doing that is if he figures he has the girls 3/4 days a week, anyway, so why should he support Leah supporting them full-time when she doesn't have them full-time? When parents split physical custody 50-50, don't they usually consider it a wash in terms of child support?  They both have to house, transport, and feed the kids equally.

Edited by lilmarysunshine