Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E27: Wish You Were Here

JerseyGirl
  • Start Topic

Jenelle and Kail were working my last nerve this episode. 

Kail, quit fucking whining!!! I get that it's hard to go six whole weeks without seeing your kid, especially when it's the first time you've ever done it. But damn, she just wouldn't shut up about the beach, and how much Isaac loved the beach, and how he'll be so upset by seeing the pictures from the beach. Um....did you forget you had another kid? His name is Lincoln. He's sitting right there. Try taking the negative of missing your eldest child and turn it into a positive of getting some quality one-on-one in with your younger child - something a lot of us moms don't get. She accepted Jo's "no", so she needs to let it go. 

I loved the Father's Day poster Isaac made for his dad. Looks like Kail isn't the only crafty one! I'm thinking of stealing that idea, since my kids love superheros as well. 

I just can't with Jenelle. I don't even know where to begin. Now she can't get Jace back because she needs to buy a house yet? Raise your hand if you weren't a homeowner when you first had kids. I know I wasn't. Oh, and she's also suddenly SO concerned with Barb and how it would make her feel? Hah. Don't make me laugh. No, there's always going to be an excuse with her. 

What kills me is that she keeps putting off getting him back for one dumb reason or another, but then she wants to bitch about not getting him for time/things she wants to do. Hey, if YOU wanted to be the first person to take him to see fireworks, you should have raised him. End of story. And Nathan can quit his scoffing at the idea that Barb thinks she's Jace's mom. She is!!!! Due totally to Jenelle's irresponsible behavior. She has no one to blame but herself. 

And then she finally gets so mad at Barb about the stupid fireworks that NOW she wants to fight to get her kid back. Out of spite. Yea, way to make him feel even more loved. 

Leah's segment was a big yawn. Bash Corey, pretend to be mother of the year - lather, rinse, repeat. Nothing was solved. And I just cannot deal with Lee. Someone lock him in a basement, please. 

Adumb is taking Aubrey out on dirt bikes?? Without a helmet??? Why isn't this dude locked up yet?

• Love 6

Exactly, Westlesflamingos. Forget fireworks. Jace is gonna grow up remembering his grandma was the first (and only) to do EVERYTHING for him. Is Barb not allowed to do fun things with him too? But, it really didn't seem Janelle was bothered by it, until she followed Nathan's lead.

• Love 1

So in tonight's episode we learn the beach vacation wasn't the Bahamas trip, but a two-hour drive to a local beach. Now I really have no sympathy for Kail and Javi bitching about Jo not letting Isaac go. That's the type of excursion they can do with Isaac anytime, it certainly wasn't something special enough to warrant Jo giving up father's day.

Jenelle only seems to want custody of Jace when she feels she's being patronized by Barb. Other than that I think she's perfectly content to have him for a night here and there, and then send him on his way. 

Also, WTF did Kail say in the preview for next week's episode? Something about the way Isaac had his hair cut not being appropriate for a white boy? If she's referring to the buzz cut, I have a news flash for her: every little white boy I know, including my nephews, gets that style for the summer because it keeps their heads cool. Honestly, if haircuts are the only ammo she has against Jo, she just needs to quit while she's ahead.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5
In the preview for next week, umm..newsflash Kail. Isaac isn't a "white boy". It was jarring to see her refer to him as such, rather than to celebrate his multi-ethnicity

yeah. I found that to be offensive.  I was watching the previews, cool and calm, and then Kailyn's part came on. I had to rewind to make sure I heard correctly.  Both of Kailyn's kids are part Hispanic, and just because she named her child Lincoln Marshall doesn't make him "look" any whiter or be any less Hispanic.  She's offensive.  I hope Javi's family sees what a conniving two faced person she is, not to mention her Hispanic friends.  If she doesn't like the way Jo dresses Isaac or cuts his hair, it's one thing, and she has a right to be consulted on his hair, but she doesn't have to bring race into it.  By the way, Javi has his hair cut the same way, and even though he's in the military, he doesn't have to cut it that way.  He can have longer hair. 

• Love 6

yeah. I found that to be offensive.  I was watching the previews, cool and calm, and then Kailyn's part came on. I had to rewind to make sure I heard correctly.  Both of Kailyn's kids are part Hispanic, and just because she named her child Lincoln Marshall doesn't make him "look" any whiter or be any less Hispanic.  She's offensive.  I hope Javi's family sees what a conniving two faced person she is, not to mention her Hispanic friends.  If she doesn't like the way Jo dresses Isaac or cuts his hair, it's one thing, and she has a right to be consulted on his hair, but she doesn't have to bring race into it.  By the way, Javi has his hair cut the same way, and even though he's in the military, he doesn't have to cut it that way.  He can have longer hair. 

As someone who has one Mexican parent and one white parent, I'm not a "white woman"  I'm biracial.  As my Dad likes to say, last time he looked at his skin, he was still a dark reddish brown.  Although I want to focus on that for next week's discussion because I want to see what the full quote is.

Edited by spidermiss2426
  • Love 3
As someone who has one Mexican parent and one white parent, I'm not a "white woman"  I'm biracial.  As my Dad likes to say, last time he looked at his skin, he was still a dark reddish brown

Got it.  I'm Mexican American and I have known throughout the years various people that have the attitude that Kailyn has.  She's thinks she can say these kinds of things and it's not offensive because she's with a Hispanic person, so surely no one can ever accuse her of being racist.

• Love 2

But he is Caucasian

Why do I get the feeling if it was Vee or Chelsea who texted the race comment, they would have been slammed for texting such a thing?

And what does being Caucasion have to do with anything?

I hope Kail is not implying only Hispanic kids get those kind of haircuts or that Isaac resembles a Hispanic gang member because of course, all Hispanic boys with buzz cuts resemble gang members. Dumb, ignorant broad.

After having checked the Bahamas trip for Scentsy, I didn't even realize the date for that trip began the day after Father's Day. So, Kail was only wanting to take Isaac to the shore nearby, not Bahamas. This makes sense since she couldn't take him to that trip anyways and why she said Jo could celebrate Father's Day the day before or the day after. I remember her saying that, but it didn't dawn on me until now.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

Why does MTV have such a prohibited take on showing drug use on this show? I know they finally showed, or at least alluded to Janelle being a heavy drug user last season (with her and Keifer passed out in the house), but it feels like they ignored it for the longest time. If the rumors are true about Leah, why not have Corey speak to it? Because otherwise, his fight for custody has so many holes, and comes across as being vindictive. If prescription drug use/abuse is part of the Teen Mom story, not to mention being a huge societal problem, why not show it? Talk about it? Similar to how open and frank they are with the subject of teen pregnancies?

• Love 9

--Am I the only one wondering if Leah had to get her hair cut due to burning it in a hot meth/whatever pipe accident?

--This exchange sums up Javi:

Kail: "What did you think?"

Javi's reply: "What did YOU think?"

It's scary how he's super attuned to her moods and constantly trying to head them off, a hallmark of abuse :(

--I'm starting to worry why Nathan is pushing so hard for custody of Jace. And the way he's arguing for it ("Your mom brainwashes you") is Abuse Tactic #1: attempting to isolate Jenelle from Barb.

[Yeah, I think there are a lot of abusive a-holes on this program.]

--Why does it always read to me like Jo is faking having fun with Isaac? Or is it just Jo's face?

--Jenelle, are Jace's first fireworks really more important than his first crawl, sitting up, standing, word? Because I'm pretty sure you missed all of that between breaking into empty houses to squat in with Kieffuh and absconding to NJ with Barb's credit cards.

--Kail slipped and gave a glimpse of her true agenda: she wants Isaac to choose to live with her when he's old enough to make the choice. I'm unsure how custody works, but does that mean he could choose at that age to skip visitation with Jo? Because that looks like what Kail is gunning for.

Leah meets her lawyer on the effin sidewalk. Not even clear if it's her sidewalk.  Could have been an alley.

Maybe so they could film it? Just a guess. When I was part of a group planning a protest in WV, we were told we could not do so on private property but that public property was OK...and that included sidewalks. I'm wondering if the lawyer's firm prohibited filming in their offices.

So in tonight's episode we learn the beach vacation wasn't the Bahamas trip, but a two-hour drive to a local beach. Now I really have no sympathy for Kail and Javi bitching about Jo not letting Isaac go. That's the type of excursion they can do with Isaac anytime, it certainly wasn't something special enough to warrant Jo giving up father's day.

Is it possible that was a re-creation for the show? Maybe Scentsy wouldn't allow MTV to film? I thought that was weird.

Edited by nikita
  • Love 3

Wow. ..not like he wasn't going to regardless, but there is no way Jace is going to grow up NOT loathing his "mother". I almost wish she was still on hard core drugs...it might make her blasé attitude about her son slightly less cruel.

Kail sucks & the amount of chemistry she has with that spineless lump of lips she married is laughable.

• Love 4

I really didn't like how Kail is so determined to make sure Isaac likes being with her more than with his father. I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to make Isaac choose between Jo and her when he's older (like revisit the custody agreement in court). She's so competitive, she doesn't understand that Isaac can love both her and Jo. He doesn't have to love one of them "more" or like being with one of them "more". It's so frustrating to watch because I can tell she's going to make Isaac neurotic for the rest of his life, always trying to test him to make sure he loves her more than Jo.

Edited by sandwoman
  • Love 3

Kail's abandoment issues were front and center in this episode. She is afraid that if Isaac spends too much time with Jo, he will leave her and want to be with him. She had Lincoln to ensure that Javi doesn't leave. Kail had a shitty childhood and needs to deal with those issues in therapy. She doesn't need to be conspiring to keep Isaac from Jo. It's not fair to her child. 

My guess with Leah and Court is that they either agreed or the allegations of drug use were edited out of the tape. Otherwise, why would Corey be petitioning for custody? MIssed PT appts? I'm sure his lawyer knows that alone would not be enough for a custody change. And in all those "Corey thinks I'm a bad mom" whines of Leah, there was a whole bunch of things not spoken about. 

Jenelle doesn't want to raise Jace. She doesn't have a maternal relationship. It isn't up to Nathan to decide what Janelle should do WRT to Jace. My sense is that Nathan despises Barb and he wants Janelle to take Jace because he wants to get Barb out of their lives and he wants to hurt her as a form of payback. Janelle only decided she wanted Jace after she got pissed at Barb. BTW, my niece was a drug addict like Janelle and a teen mom.  The court gave custody to the grandparents. She is now in her mid 20s, has totally cleaned up, has a career and is getting married. She has asked the courts several times to give her custody,but the courts maintain the position that they are not comfortable to give her custody back yet and her daughter is older than Jace. It's not just hey I don'y use drugs anymore, give me back my kid and it happens. You have to be under scrutiny for a very long time. So Nathan is talking out of his ass. OTOH, he was actually making sense when he said that Jace was only 5, he can make friends anywhere. THe problem is that Janelle doesn't want him. 

Chelsea..snore. Same old, same old. THe best part was seeing Lois Griffin in her drink t-shirt. I wanted to know what the rest of it said.

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 3
My guess with Leah and Court is that they either agreed or the allegations of drug use were edited out of the tape. Otherwise, why would Corey be petitioning for custody? MIssed PT appts? I'm sure his lawyer knows that alone would not be enough for a custody change. And in all those "Corey thinks I'm a bad mom" whines of Leah, there was a whole bunch of things not spoken about.

That is what I kept thinking about too.  The fact that Corey is actually doing this, and that Leah seems genuinely concerned it could happen tells me she has been up to something.  There is no way a mother would lose custody just because a dad asked for it, if she had been providing primary care and doing a fairly good job of it.  The PT appointments alone would not change custody.  But I do wonder about that....I have to believe Corey as he has the paperwork to back his claims.  Leah just says she takes her all of the time.  

I was very concerned about Aubrey being on a motorbike with no helmet... bad enough she had a burn, but that is awful that someone like Adam that can't drive a car properly takes his daughter on a vehicle like that with no protection.  That would be enough for me to update the arrangements immediately.

Kail was really annoying this episode.  Vee and Jo did a great job with Isaac, and he looked really happy with his time there.  

I was happy to hear Janelle speak up about keeping Jace with her mom (even if it was because she doesn't want full custody of him--at least she is willing to basically admit it).  But to see previews for next week concerns me.  I don't trust Nathan, and hopefully a court would be concerned about their records, etc.  

• Love 1
Ghoulina, it tickles me that you can't stand Lee. What did he do?

Exist? Breathe? Haha, I don't know exactly....he has just always bugged me. His voice, his face, everything. He comes off like a real sanctimonious know-it-all, and I cringe every time he appears on my screen. 

• Love 8

No. It was the Bahamas vacation. Jail says on twitter the cameras were not allowed to go with them and it appears they weren't allowed to mention it. It was Most definitely the Bahamas trip but had to film a scene on a random beach for a shot of the "vacation" without Isaac.

I was very concerned about Aubrey being on a motorbike with no helmet... bad enough she had a burn, but that is awful that someone like Adam that can't drive a car properly takes his daughter on a vehicle like that with no protection.  That would be enough for me to update the arrangements immediately.

Seriousy, what is the point of having "supervised visitation" if Adam still goes and does the very things that his "supervisors" should be telling him not to do? If I were Chelsea I would have a good, long talk with Ma and Pa Lind. Adam is a grown-ass man and it's stupid that they should have to baby-sit him, but guess what? That's the responsibility they assumed when they all signed off on them being the "supervisors" of Adam's "supervised visitation." So supervise, already.

I may be the only one, but I think Barb is exhausted and frustrated raising Jace, and would give him back to Jenelle the minute she thinks that Jenelle even might be clean and responsible. I think Jace will eventually end up back with Jenelle. If not now, then when his behaviors become even more out of control. I get the vibe that Barb's relationship with Jace is mostly one of obligation. There doesn't seem to be a lot of warmth or affection there.

• Love 1

If Kail keeps it up with the nagging, guilt trips and such, Isaac will eventually want to live with his father to get away from her.

Oh, BTW Kail, just how are little white boys suppose to look? So it's ok to date, mate and procreate with men of color, but you don't want your kid to be too ethnic, huh?

Janelle is always exhausted but I see only Nathan doing the heavy lifting!

I can see where someone would dislike Leah seeing how he totally enables Leah and buys into her bullshit.

• Love 1
I may be the only one, but I think Barb is exhausted and frustrated raising Jace, and would give him back to Jenelle the minute she thinks that Jenelle even might be clean and responsible. I think Jace will eventually end up back with Jenelle. If not now, then when his behaviors become even more out of control. I get the vibe that Barb's relationship with Jace is mostly one of obligation. There doesn't seem to be a lot of warmth or affection there.

I agree. And it's not that she doesn't love her grandson, but she's tired. She shouldn't be doing all of this at this point in her life and it wasn't fair that she should have had to at all. I think Barbara is much more open to handing Jace back now as opposed to years past (not that it's been so many years) when Jenelle was a mess, although it would be a little harder on everyone to make that change now that Barbara has been raising him as his de facto mother for so long and is so attached to him, while Jace is older and aware and understanding of everything.

Jenelle is so sad and pathetic in her claims of wanting Jace back. Why didn't she get her shit together before so she could get him back earlier? Nathan, douchetastic as he is, had excellent points. If you want him back, if you don't like what Barbara is doing anymore, if you don't want to miss out on his life anymore, then do something about it. Go get him back. I mean, it really is that simple. Do something about it. But she doesn't really want to do anything about it. She bitches and complains but it's really just for the sake of bitching and complaining. And when he finally calls her on it - "Okay, let's go to court and get custody back" - she's just full of one ridiculous excuse after another. She wants to focus on Kaiser arriving. They need to get a house. She's busy with school. Now it's not wanting to hurt her mother's feelings. It wouldn't be good for Jace to start school one year there and change the next year to come here. She doesn't want to take him from his friends. Really? I mean, it's a sad day when Nathan has a more logical perspective on the situation: Jace won't have to deal with school switching if he just starts here to begin with. Friends? He's five years old; he'll make new friends. Shut up, Jenelle. Either start the process of getting your son back or stop whining and pretending that you actually mean it.

• Love 7

I mean, it's a sad day when Nathan has a more logical perspective on the situation

This!  I felt so WRONG last night when I found myself agreeing with NATHAN of all people!  LOL there must have been pigs flying somewhere

• Love 2

Kail could’ ve easily rescheduled her vacation so that Isaac could’ve gone with them. I think that she scheduled it on Father’s Day weekend because she thought that Jo wasn’t going to grow a pair, and give in, and let Isaac go. A father that wants his son to be with him on Father’s Day. What a foreign concept. Mentioning that Isaac was going to be sad, and not be with them every five minutes won’t make it any easier.

Leah. How dare she act like Cory is some awful person? all she does is bitch. Why was her stepdad in on the Cory bashing? How does he know what Cory does for the girlses? The parents should stay out of it. When will Leah finally go to therapy and work out her issues?

Cheslea. All she does is bitch about Adumb. Enough!

Jenelle. How dare Mongo say that Jace will be able to adjust his life to living with them? Babs is the only stable figure he has. God bless her. She should really cut all ties with Jenelle and Mongo. It’d be better off for Jace. Jenelle seemed thrilled that the bottle would’ve burned Mongo’s hand and not her own. All of her scenes seem so staged and fake. MTV should stop trying and fire her already. And the fireworks! Jenelle, you lost the opportunity to experience Jace’s firsts, when you chose everything and everyone over him.  She’ll never get custody back. She’s all talk.

I think Barbara is much more open to handing Jace back now as opposed to years past (not that it's been so many years) when Jenelle was a mess, although it would be a little harder on everyone to make that change now that Barbara has been raising him as his de facto mother for so long and is so attached to him, while Jace is older and aware and understanding of everything.

I think Barb's willingness to hand Jace back over has less to do with Jenelle gettting her act together and more to do with Jace getting older and becoming more aggressive and acting out. He's not a baby anymore. He's a child, and a damaged child, who is going to be increasingly challenging to deal with. I think Barb is already over it. And I question how much Jace is attached to Barb, who never seems to show him any affection. Once the calls starting come in from school that Jace has been suspended for hitting and hurting the other kids and even teachers, Jace will either end up back with Jenelle or in foster care.

• Love 1

Does Nathan realize that he's the biggest POS that ever lived? How dare he call Babs one! Do they realize that if  Babs hadn't stepped in, Jace would be with strangers, and they would be able to see him a few times a year? They should be damn grateful that she did what she did.  When is Nathan going to get his daughter back? Never! 

• Love 8

Here is where Nathan's proclamation of, and I quote, "HE'S ONLY FIVE!!!!!" flew the Hell all over me! Just because a child is very young?  Does NOT mean they can't remember anything.  I speak from personal experience when I say that some things are just branded on your mind and you NEVER forget it! I recently proved to my family just how much I actually remembered from my childhood and they were astonished. Believe me when I say that as much as Jace will want to forget all this crap?  He probably won't.

• Love 1

Jenelle doesn't want to raise Jace. She doesn't have a maternal relationship. It isn't up to Nathan to decide what Janelle should do WRT to Jace. My sense is that Nathan despises Barb and he wants Janelle to take Jace because he wants to get Barb out of their lives and he wants to hurt her as a form of payback. Janelle only decided she wanted Jace after she got pissed at Barb. BTW, my niece was a drug addict like Janelle and a teen mom.  The court gave custody to the grandparents. She is now in her mid 20s, has totally cleaned up, has a career and is getting married. She has asked the courts several times to give her custody,but the courts maintain the position that they are not comfortable to give her custody back yet and her daughter is older than Jace. It's not just hey I don'y use drugs anymore, give me back my kid and it happens. You have to be under scrutiny for a very long time. So Nathan is talking out of his ass. OTOH, he was actually making sense when he said that Jace was only 5, he can make friends anywhere. THe problem is that Janelle doesn't want him. 

This. Nathan knows Barb has his number.  She's called him out for his crap and he doesn't want her to be involved in their life at all. His pushing Jenelle to try to get custody of Jace isn't about Jace at all. It's about sticking it to Barb. And, considering his lack of intelligence, he probably thinks Barb would have to pay Jenelle child support if Jace were to live with them.  If hell freezes over and Barb hands Jace back to them, it's only a matter of time before Jenelle packs up little Kaiser Roll and Jace and runs back to Barb after  another DV incident. Hell, what am I thinking? With or without Jace, she'll be packing the baby into the school bus yellow Hummer and screeching up to Barb's after the neighbors call the cops while they're having one of their 'disagreements'.

• Love 3

That's my issue with Jenelle. Like Ljohnson said, Jenelle should be grateful Barb is raising Jace. Barb is not a perfect parent but she tries. She needs counseling the same as Jenelle and Jace, but I do think she loves Jace. I don't think it's ever been shown that Jenelle has ever genuinely thanked Barb for raising Jace. She's in her fifties and tired. She should be the grandmother that gets to spoil her grandchild. She doesn't have the luxury of that because she's his primary caregiver. It's easy to say that Barb should have put Jace up for adoption, but that's her blood. I think she wanted him in her life but she's overwhelmed.

Kail is a bitch. That text she sent to Jo about the haircut was so disgusting. She's an asshole.

• Love 2
Here is where Nathan's proclamation of, and I quote, "HE'S ONLY FIVE!!!!!" flew the Hell all over me! Just because a child is very young?  Does NOT mean they can't remember anything.  I speak from personal experience when I say that some things are just branded on your mind and you NEVER forget it! I recently proved to my family just how much I actually remembered from my childhood and they were astonished. Believe me when I say that as much as Jace will want to forget all this crap?  He probably won't.

You're absolutely right. Not to mention, it's all on camera. Even if he isn't witness to all the things they say and do, it's recorded for him to see when he gets older. It breaks my heart to imagine him seeing these scenes of Jenelle making excuse after excuse for why she doesn't want him back. 

• Love 2
Here is where Nathan's proclamation of, and I quote, "HE'S ONLY FIVE!!!!!" flew the Hell all over me! Just because a child is very young?  Does NOT mean they can't remember anything.  I speak from personal experience when I say that some things are just branded on your mind and you NEVER forget it!

True, but I think he proclaimed this in response to Jenelle's specific argument about not wanting to take Jace away from his little friends, not about the big life change in general. Come to think of it, I don't think Jenelle has ever really voiced the disruption to Jace's life and routine as one of her many excuses for not wanting to get custody back when ironically that's the one excuse that actually has some merit. It's not like Jace is a baby who doesn't know what's happening. He's five, he's used to his life, he's used to his school, he's used to living with mammay and seeing mommy on weekends, and it would be disturbing for him to leave all that and have his caregivers switch roles.

• Love 2

Common sense from Janelle & Nathan  really is not that common. If they are so worried about moving him away from his school friends etc and what is best for Jace here is a truly novel idea, why don't they move their backsides closer to him. Neither of them work so what is stopping them from moving closer so that Jace still has some security from a familiar setting. As a bonus when they are 'never fighting' again at 2am then Barb doesn't need to drive over an hour in the middle of the night, you know because Janelle couldn't possibly move her backside from bed because she is so worried about Jace hearing it.

I think Barb is biding her time until the inevitable Janelle/Nathan explosion and Janelle comes running back with Kaiser that is if she can make it out of the bedroom.

Leah if Corey is texting you weekly that him or his family is willing to take Ali to therapy how does that not translate to he is looking after Ali's best interests and accepting her condition. On the topic of appointments I have seen Corey, Miranda as well as his parents at Columbus so no you have not done all the medical for Ali, just because he can not make every appointment does not mean that he does not care.

OT slightly where did Lee come from, I thought in 16 & P that it was just Dawn and her brood with no mention of Lee then he popped up with his crap always supporting Leahs butt but I can't remember when.

Kail just grrr really still going on about Issac messing out on the beach and how traumatized he will be, guess what my parents never split but all of us kids (6)  missed out on some holidays because my parents took us in groups of 3 to maintain sanity and plus we could never get big enough accommodation we survived and quite frankly did not care. At the moment DH is  interstate and he only took one child the remaining one does not care because we are eating way too much takeaway and I am not limiting his electronics time, he thinks it is awesome to be home.

• Love 2
OT slightly where did Lee come from, I thought in 16 & P that it was just Dawn and her brood with no mention of Lee then he popped up with his crap always supporting Leahs butt but I can't remember when.

Lee has always been around, although we haven't seen very much of him lately. Leah hasn't really had too many scenes taking place at her mother's house since the earlier seasons, so that may be why.

No. It was the Bahamas vacation. Jail says on twitter the cameras were not allowed to go with them and it appears they weren't allowed to mention it. It was Most definitely the Bahamas trip but had to film a scene on a random beach for a shot of the "vacation" without Isaac.

Thanks for the info, that makes a lot more sense.

Regarding Nathan, I agree his main agenda for getting Jace back is to stick it to Barb. Despite that, I did agree with him when he was calling Jenelle out on her backpedaling. She either wants the kid or doesn't. His point regarding Jace only being five was that it's a lot easier to start over when you're younger versus having to leave a school and friends you've been with for years. 

As for Jenelle, she contradicted herself about a hundred times in those scenes. First she makes a list of excuses as to why they shouldn't seek custody of Jace. Then she goes off on a tirade over Barb taking Jace to his first fireworks show. Jenelle was offended because she's his mother and should have been given that opportunity. Well, which is it Jenelle? You're his mother when it comes time to do the fun, easy stuff, but not his mother for the day to day gruntwork? 

• Love 3

As for Jenelle, she contradicted herself about a hundred times in those scenes. First she makes a list of excuses as to why they shouldn't seek custody of Jace. Then she goes off on a tirade over Barb taking Jace to his first fireworks show. Jenelle was offended because she's his mother and should have been given that opportunity. Well, which is it Jenelle? You're his mother when it comes time to do the fun, easy stuff, but not his mother for the day to day gruntwork?

Unfortunately, this is a very common trait of absentee parents. When they finally show their lazy ass up, you better treat them special.

I'm in the minority, but I like Leah's new haircut better than the old trashy long look she had before.

• Love 2

Love how Kailyn mentions on Twitter, "BAHAHAHA I am not racist."

Girl, you don't have to be racist to make asinine and ignorant remarks.

Will come back to post more, but for now just wanted to comment, I thought Jenelle was not paying Barb child support anymore. The last thing I remember was, she was paying Barb $25 a week. Next thing I recall, that wasn't the case anymore. Now, I could be wrong and I would love clarity on this, but with something to back that information up. I keep wondering why Nathan is pushing for Jace so much, but I keep thinking it can't be money because Jenelle doesn't pay CS. Also, the kids apparently are not paid for their appearances on the show so, it couldn't be for MTV money that Barb receives for Jace. I will go with the person above who mentioned it is Nathan's way of sticking it to Barb and also, it is just a control issue. Nathan has always left me with the impression that he is an abusive jerk in more ways than one. I wouldn't put it past him to want to hurt Barb and isolate Jenelle from her mother by removing Barb from their lives. There is something about Nathan wanting to be with Jenelle, wanting to have a baby so quickly after meeting her, living far from Barb and so on.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 4

Not sure how to process agreeing with Chelsea, but was on her side in her convo with her dad, let's get a lawyer who can tell us what's up in plain english since ADumb refuses to be upfront and I wouldn't want my kid doing sneak jail visits at some point either... 

jenelle and her entire life continue to assist in me having frown lines one day. 

Edited by sparklemotion
  • Love 2

I'm really and truly confused about Leah asking the court to grant her medical authority with Ali. What exactly is she asking for? Permission to badger the insurance company about the wheelchair she could have halfway paid for with what she spent on Mary Kay and appliances? For Corey to give up his right as her father to make decisions about her healthcare? Does she want to drop Ali from Corey's insurance and provide coverage herself? Anyone know what she's hoping to gain from this request?

Edited by lovesnark