Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E27: Wish You Were Here

JerseyGirl
  • Start Topic

It looked like she was checking that cat for lice.

The cat probably has fleas. Somehow, I can't see Leah or her family as the type to  a) know that there are easy ways to keep cats flea free or  b) remember to apply a topical product once a month.

I hope Leah realizes she could get in deep shit for lying to the guardian ad litem. If Corey was being truthful, she really needs to be taken to task.

Wow, I really don't think the court session went well for Leah.  I think she glossed over what went on behind those doors.  I would have loved to hear Corey's version of what went down.  I think the judge saw he had paperwork and support saying she wasn't taking Ali to therapy and Leah verbally denied.  That's why her lawyer told her that the guardian ad litem was going to investigate.  There was so much probably going on in that courtroom they couldn't even get to the child support issues since those were adjourned to a later date.  

Where was Jeremy??  Makes me wonder why he didn't go with her to the courthouse, at least for support.  

Yea, this was the one time I didn't agree with Randalicious. If Adumb is not supposed to operating a motor vehicle of any kind and he's dragging that kid around on a dirt bike, sans helmet, getting her leg all burned up - he needs to be in front of a judge ASAP.

Randy's excuse was that lawyers are expensive.  WHAT?!?  

Are we going to start hearing about Randy and Chelsea's money problems now soon?

Edited by JerseyGirl

Lawyers are expensive. They don't work for cheap. That is one reason why Leah and Jeremy are probably knee-deep in the hole. Aside from her foolish expenditures, she was probably calling her attorney every time she felt the need to complain about something.

A Guardian Ad Litem represents a minor in custody issues as well as other cases. As for this case, the GAL will investigate and give their opinion to the judge as to what is in the best interest of Ali.

I thought I heard Leah say Cory was required to start paying the $800 a month immediately with any changes in that order to be continued at a later date since the $800 was the original court-ordered amount agreed upon.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

I find myself wondering if lawyers charge per text now. They should.

GreatKazu I thought I heard the same thing, that he had to start paying the $800/month and then they'd go back to court for any adjustments. I was admittedly kind of confused by that whole scene though.

I find myself wondering if lawyers charge per text now. They should.

GreatKazu I thought I heard the same thing, that he had to start paying the $800/month and then they'd go back to court for any adjustments. I was admittedly kind of confused by that whole scene though.

I'm sure they do. At least I imagine they charge to respond to texts. I agree Leah may have called her lawyer every time she was mad at Corey thinking her lawyer could punish him or make him be nice to her. My guess is that Chelsea has called her lawyer about this before and Randy thought the lawyer would just say to wait for Adam's court date and sentencing and why pay $100 to hear it again. Not sure if he's right, I just think that's what Randy's point was.

I hope there is something terrible about Leah that justifies what Corey is asking for. Otherwise, Corey is just a douche for asking for primary custody and not asking for joint custody instead. I can however, see Leah being lazy and disorganized enough that the kids are missing school and therapy appointments. If she can't handle the smallest bit of stress, I question whether she is handling 3 kids all that well. On the other hand, if Corey should be paying the medical bills and he's not doing his share, he sucks too.

Chelsea should take a picture of that burn on Aubree's knee in case she needs to prove it later.

I think Nathan is using steroids, and that is causing his aggressive behavior and paranoia in regards to Barb. He looks like he could totally be a steroid user, in addition to being an alcoholic.

• Love 3
Wow, I really don't think the court session went well for Leah.  I think she glossed over what went on behind those doors.  I would have loved to hear Corey's version of what went down.

I would love to hear it as well, but somehow I don't think we will. Cory is a classier person than Leah. I don't see him posting on Twitter, or running to US Weekly, about what's really going on with her. He is respectful and mature enough to know that's the mother of his daughters and anything negative that came out could hurt them later on down the line. 

Randy's excuse was that lawyers are expensive.  WHAT?!? 

Are we going to start hearing about Randy and Chelsea's money problems now soon?

They are expensive, and if Randy was footing the bill for all of Chelsea's legal issues, I could see him being over it. But Adumb just cannot be allowed to do the things he is doing with that precious, little girl. He obviously has zero regard for the law. They take his license, but he just keeps driving. And his parents - they don't seem to give two fucks either. All of this happening whilst they're supposed to be supervising visits. I would want it changed to where the court appoints someone to supervise Adumb with his child. At a park. With no posse of friends or strippers. I guarantee he'd lose interest in seeing his daughter real quick like. 

• Love 3

I don't think the courts are going to do anything about Aubree's knee being burned or scraped. Aubree would have had to have been injured much worse for the courts to spend time and manpower investigating, they'll just say it's a domestic issue and things happen during visitation.

Kale and Javi are delusional thinking that they won't have to follow through with next year's visitation, I don't know logistics but if they're using the same friend of the court office and keep going before the same judges for every minor thing the judge and the court are going to remember them and they're going to get sick of seeing them come in every few months taking up the courts time for stupid trivial things. Pretty soon Kail is going to get embarrassed in court when the judge flat out tells her to grow up and quit wasting the courts time, and he'll do it out loud in front of everyone. The judges know that some people will continue this petty crap until the child turns 18, so I have a feeling he's going to shut this down real quick.

I don't think the courts are going to do anything about Aubree's knee being burned or scraped. Aubree would have had to have been injured much worse for the courts to spend time and manpower investigating, they'll just say it's a domestic issue and things happen during visitation.

You don't think they'd see it differently, given Aubree sustained that injury while riding on a motor vehicle with her father who is forbidden from operating motor vehicles?

• Love 1

You don't think they'd see it differently, given Aubree sustained that injury while riding on a motor vehicle with her father who is forbidden from operating motor vehicles?

I would sure hope so. Do we know if Adam's weekends with Aubree are supposed to be 'supervised' by his parents per the court?

Edited by lovesnark
  • Love 1

I agree with everyone who said Nathan is probably pushing Jenelle about regaining custody of Jace in order to get back at Barb and isolate Jenelle.  Sometimes it seems like he has a point as far as it not being such a big deal change for Jace, but his motives are not pure, and I almost feel like Jenelle's excessive excuses are recognition of that and trying to find a way around having Jace there with someone she knows isn't safe.  I'm probably giving her too much credit, but she is well aware that Jace is scared of Nathan, even if she plays that to Barb as him being a better disciplinarian.  The best thing she can do as a mother at this point is not to try and get custody - she simply doesn't seem cut out for parenting.  Aside from holding him while lying in bed, have we seen Jenelle do any actual taking care of Kaiser at this point?  It seems like Nathan is the one making bottles, changing him, etc.  It's hard to tell if this could be some post-partum depression, picking her drug use back up, or just Jenelle's personality.  It seems to me like she likes the idea of a nice family life (house, etc), likes the attention of being pregnant and feeling wanted, but doesn't want to deal with the actual raising of children.  

I was also very bothered by Kail's statement in the preview for next week about "little white boys", but I'm going to reserve judgment for next week and hope that this was just provocative editing.  I can't recall her ever saying anything like that in the past, although I don't follow any of them on social media, etc, so maybe I've missed previous problematic comments.  

• Love 1

There is only one reason I don't think Corey getting custody is a good idea...I feel like if Corey has the girlses more full time Leah may see that as a green light to go ahead and have her a few more babies. We already know that when something is broken or not going her way that her answer is to get a new set.

• Love 5

In the preview for next week's season finale, Jenelle whines that she was forced to give up custody of Jace to Babs.  I thought she did it, because she realized that it was in the best interest of her son? She'll never be grateful to Babs for all that she's done for Jace, and her.

• Love 3

I'm almost certain they're supposed to be, but clearly that's not happening. 

In a typical visitation situation, it wouldn't be a cause for alarm. Kids get hurt even under the best of circumstances. But, since Aubree was injured as a result of her father violating a court order (for the gazillionth time), I'd want to at least talk to my attorney. The lack of supervision by the responsible parties and not putting a helmet on her little noggin are icing on the cake.

• Love 5

I don't think he's forbidden from operating motor vehicles. He just can't do anything that would require a driver's license.

Dirt bikes don't necessarly require driver's licenses--otherwise, little kids couldn't be driving them out on the dirt tracks.  Now, to ride a motorcycle on the street requires a driver's license, and Adam doesn't have one.  But a lot of dirt bikes can't be driven on the street anyway, because they're not street-legal (not that that would stop Adam, of course).  They get trailered to wherever they're going to be ridden. 

And if I remember correctly, in her 16 & Pregnant episode, Chelsea was riding around with Adam on either a dirt bike or an ATV on his parents' property.  If that's where Adam and Aubree were riding, then I don't think he needs a license for that.

• Love 2

In the preview for next week's season finale, Jenelle whines that she was forced to give up custody of Jace to Babs.  I thought she did it, because she realized that it was in the best interest of her son? She'll never be grateful to Babs for all that she's done for Jace, and her.

I found this from 2011:

On tonight’s all new episode of Teen Mom 2, Jenelle attempts to explain why she handed her mom custody. “When you kicked me out, I realized I can’t take care of Jace on my own yet because I can’t even support myself,” Jenelle admits. “I am going to start making changes, but I’m just going to sign over custody because I don’t want to go through [court hearings] just to get the final decision from a judge.”Barbara, 57, was planning to take Janelle to court for custody.  And while Janelle claims she wants to regain custody of her son, she hasn’t been acting like it.

http://www.realitytea.com/tag/why-did-jenelle-evans-lose-custody-of-her-son/

I don't think he's forbidden from operating motor vehicles. He just can't do anything that would require a driver's license.

Chelsea read what the license revocation covered to her mom when they were sitting outside. It said he was prohibited from operating any motorized vehicle.

• Love 5
Do we know if Adam's weekends with Aubree are supposed to be 'supervised' by his parents per the court?

Yes we know they are. It was posted on another episode topic. A link was provided.

I found this from 2011:

Lovesnark, or anyone with a Twitter account, send that off to Jenelle QUICK! She needs to be reminded of what she said back then about her having given up Jace, not that she was forced to.

Adam owns a motorcycle. There was a scene or two where he was shown driving it. He was also arrested for DUI while riding a motorcycle:

http://www.teenmomjunkies.com/teen-mom-2-2/chelsea-houska/teen-mom-2s-adam-lind-arrested-dui/

Now think for a minute, StatisticalOutlier.  Adam doesn't have a driver's license. It has not stopped him from operating any vehicles. He has a record that is a mile long of his driving violations which not only include DUI, but also speeding, not wearing a seatbelt, driving with revoked license and whatever else that was listed per the link that someone here provided. 

Adam has also lied to Chelsea about Aubree's whereabouts. Per the court order, he is not to take Aubree anywhere for overnight visitation. Aubree is to stay at his parents' home. Adam took Aubree over to his place with Taylor. Taylor made the mistake (thank goodness) of posting photos of Aubree at their apartment. Not only was Adam lying, but the parents who are supposed to be supervising those visits, also lied to Chelsea about Aubree's whereabouts. Court order or not, I think any parent would be upset to find out the other parent and the grandparents are lying about the whereabouts of one's child. There is more, but with all that noted, how is Chelsea supposed to believe that her daughter was hurt on his parents' property? For all she knows, Adam took his daughter (without a license to drive) somewhere and sustained her injury that way.

Aubree is at that age where Adam is probably telling her to not say anything to her mom or else she won't be able to spend time with him anymore. Watching Aubree, it appears she enjoys being with her dad because he only has a short amount of time with her and probably tries to make it fun for her even if he is doing something that he wants such as riding a motorcycle or a dirt bike. And oh, by the way, dirt bikes are meant for the dirt, but they can also be driven on a roadway. Unless Aubree has mastered the skill of driving one by herself, what are the chances Adam was driving her around on it? Was she wearing a helmet? Had Adam been drinking while spending time with his daughter? Was he under the influence while on the dirt bike or while Aubree was in his care and his parents were not around?  This douchebag never wears a seatbelt.  Why would he care about the safety of his own child?  What are the chances Adam lied about her wearing a helmet? He lies about everything else or downplays everything. He even downplayed that fiery crash he had where he hit those elderly people. I think he even blamed them for the accident! 

Sure kids will get hurt and sometimes sustain real bad injuries. It happens. However, with Adam, there are circumstances that make one question what is really going on.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3
At this point, I wouldn't trust Aubrey with Adam on a Segway.

I wouldn't trust him to hold her hand crossing the street. 

And like lovesnark I heard Chelsea mention he is not supposed to operate ANY motor vehicle. Given his track record, I would think that's fair. If they took his license, I could see him continuing to drink - but riding around town on a dirk bike or even a lawn mower. 

Aubree is at that age where Adam is probably telling her to not say anything to her mom or else she won't be able to spend time with him anymore.

Oh yes, I straight up believe he does that. Chelsea and Aubree were having a conversation about her going somewhere with Daddy, Chelsea asked if he drove and Aubree said yes. But then when Chelsea was like, "He did?" Aubree quickly changed her tune and said Taylor was driving. It seemed like she knew she had said the wrong thing, IMO. 

Unless Aubree has mastered the skill of driving one by herself, what are the chances she was wearing a helmet?

Aubree flat out said she wasn't wearing a helmet. That is child endangerment right there. That's not the same as you fell at the park and split your chin open on daddy's watch - could happen to anyone. But not every parent is an asshat who takes a small child out on a dirt bike without a freaking helmet. You want to risk your own cranium, go ahead. But protect your child!

• Love 2
You can be charged with a DUI on a lawn mower. /offtopic

I knew someone who got one on a bike. Bicycle. 

That was kind of my point, though.  He has such a history of DUIs and breaking the law, he really shouldn't be allowed to do anything but walk at this point. But we've seen that no matter how many restrictions he gets, he just does what he wants anyway. So WHY hasn't he been locked up already??? Damn. 

• Love 1

Adam has spent time in jail. What I think is happening is, his short jail stints are for infractions from a year ago. Even though he has amassed more arrests, he is not one to plead guilty and get it over with. He likely has an attorney and they do their best to try and get the charges reduced. I am not sure, but I thought when one is on probation, if they have any more arrests and charges, they are in violation of probation for having contact with law enforcement. It might be that his probation officer waits until he is actually convicted of a charge before he is sent off to jail.

Adam has also lied to Chelsea about Aubree's whereabouts. Per the court order, he is not to take Aubree anywhere for overnight visitation. Aubree is to stay at his parents' home. Adam took Aubree over to his place with Taylor. Taylor made the mistake (thank goodness) of posting photos of Aubree at their apartment. Not only was Adam lying, but the parents who are supposed to be supervising those visits, also lied to Chelsea about Aubree's whereabouts. Court order or not, I think any parent would be upset to find out the other parent and the grandparents are lying about the whereabouts of one's child.

^^ SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY? I think Chelsea is actually handling herself pretty damn well in this situation. If someone who was in charge of taking care of my daughter ever lied, even a little tiny white lie, about her whereabouts I would flip the fuck out. In the case of emergency I need to know where my daughter is, it's that simple. That she works with him at all with the custody is pretty generous given his legal situations and what I feel is an obvious drinking problem (he really puffed up there for a bit too at the beginning of this season, drinking too much? coke bloat?). And while I'm sorry he hasn't seemed to be able to get his shit together for Taylor/Paislee? (is that the babies name), I do think it just must further drive the point home to Chelsea that SHE isn't the problem and that Adam will most likely never get his shit together for anyone. He's an entitled brat.

Edited by wrestlesflamingos
quote tags
  • Love 2

Lawyers are expensive. They don't work for cheap. That is one reason why Leah and Jeremy are probably knee-deep in the hole. Aside from her foolish expenditures, she was probably calling her attorney every time she felt the need to complain about something.

A Guardian Ad Litem represents a minor in custody issues as well as other cases. As for this case, the GAL will investigate and give their opinion to the judge as to what is in the best interest of Ali.

I thought I heard Leah say Cory was required to start paying the $800 a month immediately with any changes in that order to be continued at a later date since the $800 was the original court-ordered amount agreed upon.

And the court-appointed Guardian Ad Litem isn't on the county's dime either.  It is not free.  Both parents split the cost of that in addition to having to pay their own attorneys.  In my neck of the woods the GAL was $275 per hour.

• Love 1

I hope there is something terrible about Leah that justifies what Corey is asking for. Otherwise, Corey is just a douche for asking for primary custody and not asking for joint custody instead. I can however, see Leah being lazy and disorganized enough that the kids are missing school and therapy appointments. If she can't handle the smallest bit of stress, I question whether she is handling 3 kids all that well. On the other hand, if Corey should be paying the medical bills and he's not doing his share, he sucks too.

I don't know much about custody cases, but would it be possible that Corey and his lawyer thought by asking for primary, he might be more likely to get offered joint custody out of the deal? Honestly, I agree with what others are saying, that there is a lot we don't know. I do wonder to about the claims Corey isn't paying his share of the medical bills since he never cleared that up one way or the other. I don't believe much that comes out of Leah's mouth.  I also wonder if Leah has been paying HER part of Ali's medical bills? She seems to have money to blow on every other stupid thing, but we know she owes the IRS (among others, I bet).  I don't once remember her mentioning that she has been paying her share, she only rants about what Corey isn't doing.

I'm not sure of the validity of the drug rumors regarding Leah and Germy, but I do think Leah was awfully nervous and unsure about the custody hearing for someone who claims to have  nothing to worry about. I know that we are seeing the show after a few weeks/months have passed so Corey couldn't have seen Leah and Germy talking about him in front of the girlses, but I wonder if he caught wind of it.  The courts don't look very favorably on that type of behavior.

Adam has spent time in jail. What I think is happening is, his short jail stints are for infractions from a year ago. Even though he has amassed more arrests, he is not one to plead guilty and get it over with. He likely has an attorney and they do their best to try and get the charges reduced. I am not sure, but I thought when one is on probation, if they have any more arrests and charges, they are in violation of probation for having contact with law enforcement. It might be that his probation officer waits until he is actually convicted of a charge before he is sent off to jail.

Exactly. Every time he gets popped for something new, the clock starts over for the new charge. He shows up for his arraignment, pleads not guilty and the dance begins with his attorney and the prosecutor. Pre-trial hearing, continuance, tying to make a plea deal, another continuance. It just goes on and on and on. However, the day is coming when the judge will look at him and say 'Son, you don't seem to be getting it' and will order commitment.  If he ever pays all his fines, complies with all the alcohol education and victim impact panels that have no doubt been ordered and is eligible to apply for his driver's license again, he'll be ordered to have an interlock device on any car he drives. With Adam's history of thumbing his nose at the law, I predict another round of court appearances for driving someone else's car. The breath interlock devices are a lot more sophisticated than they used to be. You can't have your kid or someone else blow into them for you.

About the medical bills... I'm wondering this.  Many doctors offices and physical therapy places will charge the full cost of the visit if you don't cancel within 24 hours in advance, for a no show-- I wonder if Corey has decided he isn't going to pay for those cancelled visits (which is understandable, since those cancellations are Leah's fault) and Leah is mad about it?

• Love 2
I also wonder if Leah has been paying HER part of Ali's medical bills?

That's the million dollar question. Yes, Cory has not said a thing about it, but is it something Leah has said directly to Cory or only to Jeremy in front of the cameras? The only thing I can recall her getting mad and talking to Cory about is the wheelchair and the recent spat about missed therapy appointments, and that was brought up by Cory. Everything else has been said by Leah, which doesn't mean a damn thing to me because it is her chance to spew out something and get it out there without Cory being there to defend himself.

Has Leah ever mentioned anywhere that she has paid her portion of the bills? I know she mentioned going to court to save her credit, but to me, that means the creditors dragged her ass to court for failure to pay. She had to go because the bills are in her name and she had to attend court to plead her case and make arrangements to get them paid rather than the creditors garnishing her and Jeremy's earnings. Since they are a married couple, there is no separate income with regards to that issue.

Is Leah trying to say since Cory didn't pay his portion neither did she? Creditors will accept what you offer them within a reasonable amount so I have a hard time believing she paid her portion but the creditors still went after her.

I may be the only one, but I think Barb is exhausted and frustrated raising Jace, and would give him back to Jenelle the minute she thinks that Jenelle even might be clean and responsible. I think Jace will eventually end up back with Jenelle. If not now, then when his behaviors become even more out of control. I get the vibe that Barb's relationship with Jace is mostly one of obligation. There doesn't seem to be a lot of warmth or affection there.

I do think Barb is exhausted and frustrated.  Who wouldn't be?  She didn't ask for a child at this stage of her life.  But I believe she loves him.  She just has a gruff personality.  It's probably her upbringing.  They showed a little bit of her from next week - showed her crying that she was scared that Jace will think she abandoned him if he returns to Jennelle.  That's a normal fear and shows she loves this child.  

Jennelle doesn't want Jace because she is a lazy self-involved piece of shit.  She would actually have to get up in the morning and get Jace ready for school!  Be there for him when he gets home.  Keep him busy and active on the weekends.  That would seriously cut in to her lying on the bed time. 

• Love 6

Maybe I'll send Adam some in-line skates or a skateboard and he can just hang on to a passing vehicle--Marty McFly style.

The issue with Aubrey seemed to me to be where Chelsea should have seen her attorney immediately, and definitely before Aubrey's next scheduled visitation.  Yeah, it was a skinned knee, but it could have very easily been a fractured skull.  He doesn't even have the common sense to put a helmet on his child?  It would be very difficult for me to trust my child with him.  I wonder if this kind of thing would basically be an Aubrey's vs. Adam's word kind of thing...It's possible that it could be hard to prove unless another eyewitness adult steps forward to report what they'd seen.  Sometimes an abrasion and a child's word just isn't enough.  Frustrating situation for a parent to be in!

• Love 1

I thought Jenelle was not paying Barb child support anymore. The last thing I remember was, she was paying Barb $25 a week. Next thing I recall, that wasn't the case anymore. Now, I could be wrong and I would love clarity on this, but with something to back that information up. I keep wondering why Nathan is pushing for Jace so much, but I keep thinking it can't be money because Jenelle doesn't pay CS. Also, the kids apparently are not paid for their appearances on the show so, it couldn't be for MTV money that Barb receives for Jace. I will go with the person above who mentioned it is Nathan's way of sticking it to Barb and also, it is just a control issue. Nathan has always left me with the impression that he is an abusive jerk in more ways than one. I wouldn't put it past him to want to hurt Barb and isolate Jenelle from her mother by removing Barb from their lives. There is something about Nathan wanting to be with Jenelle, wanting to have a baby so quickly after meeting her, living far from Barb and so on.

I know in my state there is a program that financially helps grandparents who have custody of their grandchildren.  It is based on the parents of the child's income, not the grandparents income.  So obviously the state isn't going to pay for the child's care and not recoup money from the parents who can afford it.  If Jennelle is making some good money from Teen Mom, I would imagine there is a court order for her to pay a percentage towards Jace's care. 

I know in my state there is a program that financially helps grandparents who have custody of their grandchildren.  It is based on the parents of the child's income, not the grandparents income.  So obviously the state isn't going to pay for the child's care and not recoup money from the parents who can afford it.  If Jennelle is making some good money from Teen Mom, I would imagine there is a court order for her to pay a percentage towards Jace's care. 

According to several media oulets, Barb and Jenelle went to court last December and agreed to suspend the measly $130 a month Jenelle was paying Barb. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2013/12/03/jenelle-evans-caring-for-jace-regularly-child-support-payments-to-barbara-evans-suspended/

No I don't. I'm not trying to be obstinate I'm speaking from personal experience over the span of the last 21 years. Then again I never had a lawyer to call on a whim for every little thing that pissed me off. FOC doesn't have time to deal with scraped knees, there are kids out there who are really being abused, Aubree isn't one of them.

Chelsea needs to stop calling her lawyer and her dad and call Adam and his parents and talk to them about what's bothering her.

• Love 2

The latest episode is on the the background and I guess I missed this little gem from Jenelle. She's bitching to Nathan about Barb taking Jace to see the fireworks and tells him she's sick of this shit from Barb and is going to tell her she doesn't care what Barb says, she's taking Jace back right now. Sure, Jenelle. 

Edited by lovesnark
  • Love 2
FOC doesn't have time to deal with scraped knees, there are kids out there who are really being abused, Aubree isn't one of them.
Chelsea needs to stop calling her lawyer and her dad and call Adam and his parents and talk to them about what's bothering her.

I didn't hear Chelsea say Aubree was being abused. As I mentioned in my previous post, Adam's parents have lied to Chelsea before. Why should she believe what they tell her? They are Aubree's supervised guardians, but they are not doing their job. Calling them wouldn't do any good if they are going to cover up for Adam again.   

Chelsea mentioned to her dad she was concerned about the overall safety of her daughter in the hands of a guy who has no regard for anyone else. I agree, there is no proof of what happened exactly except that Aubree has an injury on her leg. It is Aubree's word vs. Adam's word, and that is pretty much what Randy was telling Chelsea. He mentioned there was no point to talk to the lawyer about any modification to the order if there was a chance Adam may go to jail again. Then, Chelsea made a comment about she would have to anyways if that happened. What I think she meant by that is she would need to modify the court order anyways because she is not going to take Aubree to the jail for visits.  Chelsea is also upset that this is the SECOND time Adam has been arrested for an alcohol-related offense during his visitation with Aubree. That tells Chelsea Adam may be under the influence of alcohol while he is with his child and that is again the fault of the grandparents who are supposed to supervise those visits.  I think the idea is, If he wants to drink, don't be around Aubree.  The grandparents don't have court-ordered visitation, only Adam.

• Love 1

Agree with posters above that Barb would give Jace back with the quickness if Jenelle pushed for it. At this point, I tend to think that's what should happen. Lots of parents aren't perfect. Jenelle is not going to be anywhere near perfect. But she is that child's biological mother, she has another child she is raising now, she is in(somewhat) of a stable place in her life. If it's ever going to happen, now is the time. The ONLY thing I want from Jenelle at this point is to go to her mother and say "You know what? I'm sorry. I thought I was ready to be a mom at 16, but I was wrong. What I did was selfish, and it's not fair that you were forced to step up and raise my child because I couldn't. I'm sorry, but I think I've matured a lot and I'd like to try now to be a mother to my child." Because I do think Jenelle has come a long way and God willing, she can stay on the straight and narrow and do right by her kids, but I don't think she has any shot at all until she can stop flinging excuses around and admit to her past mistakes.

Are Jenelle and Nathan even off probation yet? Jenelle is neither mature nor stable. I don't believe that she and Nathan have any genuine interest in raising a child. They wanted revenge on the court system that has so often intruded in on their lives. They also want revenge on their parents. 

Like Jenelle's other relationships; I doubt very seriously that this one will last. She barely knew Nathan when she decided to have a child with him. Nathan is an alcoholic; who uses illegal drugs (steroids) and he probably has some untreated mental health issues. We know that Jenelle has mental health issues and I'm not sure about the status of her treatment. They are far from stable. If it weren't for MTV, Janelle would probably be on the street. I see no desire to parent in her and particularly no desire to parent Jace. To her, Jace is just a toy; a toy that she only wants to play with because Barb might be stealing her fun. Nathan wants her to have custody of Jace because he doesn't want to deal with Barb. He wants complete control of Jenelle and the MTV money. He has no interest in raising a child. If he did; he would be working very diligently to gain custody of his own child. 

Edited by cafe au lait
  • Love 6

Maybe I'll send Adam some in-line skates or a skateboard and he can just hang on to a passing vehicle--Marty McFly style.

The issue with Aubrey seemed to me to be where Chelsea should have seen her attorney immediately, and definitely before Aubrey's next scheduled visitation.  Yeah, it was a skinned knee, but it could have very easily been a fractured skull.  He doesn't even have the common sense to put a helmet on his child?  It would be very difficult for me to trust my child with him.  I wonder if this kind of thing would basically be an Aubrey's vs. Adam's word kind of thing...It's possible that it could be hard to prove unless another eyewitness adult steps forward to report what they'd seen.  Sometimes an abrasion and a child's word just isn't enough.  Frustrating situation for a parent to be in!

Ha! I remember lots of injuries in my own childhood from skating, skateboards, and bike riding. So many crashes, and back then no one wore helmets and we were rarely supervised in the neighborhood. I know it's a different time, and now helmets are available and used, so there's no excuse for that. But we had some major injuries back in the day! Huge scrapes, knocked out teeth, even broken ribs from riding a horse when I had never done so before. I have no idea how a judge would see a scraped/burnt knee these days.

Edited by DangerousMinds

I didn't hear Chelsea say Aubree was being abused. As I mentioned in my previous post, Adam's parents have lied to Chelsea before. Why should she believe what they tell her? They are Aubree's supervised guardians, but they are not doing their job. Calling them wouldn't do any good if they are going to cover up for Adam again.   

Chelsea mentioned to her dad she was concerned about the overall safety of her daughter in the hands of a guy who has no regard for anyone else. I agree, there is no proof of what happened exactly except that Aubree has an injury on her leg. It is Aubree's word vs. Adam's word, and that is pretty much what Randy was telling Chelsea. He mentioned there was no point to talk to the lawyer about any modification to the order if there was a chance Adam may go to jail again. Then, Chelsea made a comment about she would have to anyways if that happened. What I think she meant by that is she would need to modify the court order anyways because she is not going to take Aubree to the jail for visits.  Chelsea is also upset that this is the SECOND time Adam has been arrested for an alcohol-related offense during his visitation with Aubree. That tells Chelsea Adam may be under the influence of alcohol while he is with his child and that is again the fault of the grandparents who are supposed to supervise those visits.  I think the idea is, If he wants to drink, don't be around Aubree.  The grandparents don't have court-ordered visitation, only Adam.

I agree with what you're saying, I think we're talking about two different situations. What I was referring to was just that fact that when any of these girls gets upset the first thing they do is call their lawyer to fix it for them. My point was that the courts don't want to hear about frivolous arguments and that's what most of these are, including Aubree's knee. As for Adams alcoholism I don't believe that the courts will do anything until something happens to Aubree while in Adam's parents care. They will have to stand in front of the judge and decide if they want to lie to the courts at that point, but you said it above, Adam may be under the influence but for now Chelsea doesn't have any proof to take to the judge. I do think she should talk to his parents, she should call them on what she suspects, let them know she has a record of the injury along with a letter to the FOC dated and put in her record that way if it ever does come down to a court case then Chelsea has her bases covered, until then it's up to her to take command of the situation.

• Love 1

No I don't. I'm not trying to be obstinate I'm speaking from personal experience over the span of the last 21 years. Then again I never had a lawyer to call on a whim for every little thing that pissed me off. FOC doesn't have time to deal with scraped knees, there are kids out there who are really being abused, Aubree isn't one of them.

I agree, instead of all this silly texting. Learn to communicate you idiots!

I paused the tv and read the text messages between Kail and Jo. There is no editing to it, she definitely said what she said.  

Javi Marroquin @JaviM9  ·  
My bae is not racist. her statement came out wrong and was taking out of content. Move on.

Kail Lowry @KailLowry  ·  21h
I already know what I said was wrong, it completely came out the wrong way too. This is weighing heavy on me. Trust that...

Chelsea read what the license revocation covered to her mom when they were sitting outside. It said he was prohibited from operating any motorized vehicle.

If a farmer has his driver's license revoked, is he prohibited from driving a tractor in his own field?  What about a person using his riding mower in his yard?  And I can't remember where it was, but I once was somewhere that I noticed an unusual number of grown men driving around on little scooters, like 49cc models.  A local said it was because that was a way around license revocation for DUI--you don't have to have a license for a scooter that small.

It seems to me that taking away someone's license to do something means they can no longer do the thing they were licensed for.  There is no license for driving on one's own property.  We don't know what the entire listing or whatever Chelsea was reading said.  But driver's licenses allow people to operate motorized vehicles on public streets.  Maybe the "on public streets" got edited out, or Chelsea didn't say it because she (reasonably) didn't think it was important, or maybe it's implied when talking about driver's licenses since driver's license statutes talk in terms of operating on a public street. 

I think it's an important distinction because Adam does many many dangerous and stupid things, and people are rightly judging him for them.  But if he had Aubree on a dirt bike tooling around his parents' place, it might have been dangerous and stupid but was it in contravention of his license revocation? 

ETA: For those of us indignant about Adam's lack of time in jail, here's more:  South Dakota has a law that prohibits the SD government from sharing license plate information with out-of-state companies that want it for enforcement of red light camera violations.  It's worded a little weird, so there's some question about whether it applies to red light cameras in California and Arizona, but if a SD plate is photographed running a red light in any other state, SD won't turn over the information.  So even in a "caught red-handed by a camera" situation, he'd still get off. 

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 2

It's weird, but I actually agreed with Chelsea over Randylicious. The Linds are supposed to be supervising Aubree's visits with Adam, yet they seem to have this "meh, no big deal" attitude about their son violating the court order and driving with Aubree or allowing her to be on a dirtbike without a helmet. 

The point is that Adam is negligent and reckless. How soon is it before Aubree is seriously injured due to his idiocy? It's not like he's effed up just once or twice, this guy has a 20+ page record of bad behavior.

• Love 3

I think that if Chelsea dragged Adam into custody court, he would definitely lose visitation until he straightens the fuck up.  Fathers have lost visitation for less egregious acts.  He is dangerous and his parents aren't doing their job as supervisors.  I don't even know if his parents were actually appointed by the court as supervisors or if Chelsea is just trusting them to do so.  I wouldn't let my child go near Adam or his parents again if I were her.

Edited by BitchOnWheelz
  • Love 6

It's weird, but I actually agreed with Chelsea over Randylicious. The Linds are supposed to be supervising Aubree's visits with Adam, yet they seem to have this "meh, no big deal" attitude about their son violating the court order and driving with Aubree or allowing her to be on a dirtbike without a helmet. 

The point is that Adam is negligent and reckless. How soon is it before Aubree is seriously injured due to his idiocy? It's not like he's effed up just once or twice, this guy has a 20+ page record of bad behavior.

Adam has been negligent and reckless probably as long as Chelsea has known him. If they were still in a relationship or heaven forbid married; I wonder if Chelsea would be as concerned about Aubree's safety or would she would excuse his behavior. When her mom mentioned to her that she was going to have to deal with the repercussions of having a child with Adam indefinitely (basically put up with Adam's bullshit) and asked her if she saw how "bad" he is; Chelsea had a real clueless kind of look on her face as she sat and repeatedly stroked her burgundy hair. 

Edited by cafe au lait