Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

I get the feeling that INS used to be very diligent about sham marriages back in the day, but is now asleep at the switch. 

I agree. Since 9/11, the INS has more important things to worry about.  I highly doubt that a frumpy Mid Western frau and her not too bright Tunisian "husband" would even register on their radar.    

• Love 3

Dani and Mo's wedding was a sham, and you could tell that "love wasn't in the air".  If I was a decent mom to those girls, I would have sat all of them down together and had a mom/daughter talk and explained everything even asking for their thoughts, instead she is so selfish, thoughtless - she's got only one thing on her mind and that's marrying.  Doesn't matter what anyone thinks, nor their opinion nor warning.....nope, I'm marrying, and that's that, case closed.

The dress, bad choice, the straps were falling, and really why wear a white DRESS, when everyone else looks as if they are going to a BBQ.  Even the son in the cargo shorts, Really?  Mo, phew, good thinking on the religious issue for the kiss on the wedding vow, that came in at the right time.  Now you are stuck with her, no sex either, is that part of the religion too for now?  Counting the days for the green card to arrive.

This whole relationship is fraud and for Dani, she's in la-la land if she thinks for one minute this guy has one iota of love and affection for her.  Talk about a mismatch. He conned her all the way to America.

Edited by hawk09
  • Love 1

Many thanks to all those posting about their real life experiences with obtaining a green card.  I've tried reading the USCIS's website to check on the laws, and it is written in such government/legal mumbo jumbo that I can't figure out what the heck they are saying half the time, and I have  a Master's degree.  Lord knows how an ESL person can navigate this stuff.

I do have one question--a couple of posters have said their interviews/requests for proof of the legit status of the marriage came about a year after the wedding.  Does this mean the first year here in the US is largely trouble free, and the burden of proof comes later?  Or do the immigration people always have our happy couples on their radar, even in the first 90 days?

When the adjustment of status is filed (after the wedding) then the petitioner must send in some proof such as income and such. From there, (from memory) an interview will be scheduled. It is at this interview (which takes quite a few months after filing the adjustment of status) where all of the proof must be given. I believe you also require proof on initially filing for the K1 visa - prior to the fiance entering the country.

what does "small" mean anyway?

I've heard a few thousand dollars per principal "actor". The people who make guest appearances, such as the attorney, friends, etc., usually don't get paid anything. This I know for a fact after having a friend or two on a show like this who were on several episodes and didn't get a dime. As an example, a guy from my hometown appeared on every episode of Moonshiners last year, was in all the opening credits, on the website, and was paid $2000. Another guy I know was on 5 or 6 episodes and didn't get anything.

By "illegal" I meant that TLC could not provide them any funds in any way to further their pursuit of a green card. It would be looked upon by INS that the show was paying for them to appear beyond the normal fee. It's complicated, but someone I know who was on a show said that the production company will provide transportation from point A to point B for PR purposes but that's it. The people all sign contracts to appear, the main folks are paid, the minor players are not. And after the show ends, they have no rights. They cannot sue if TLC airs something they don't like.

• Love 3

The clips aren't captioned, can someone just answer?

A flashback is shown where Dani's daughter questions Angie on the hijab being hot and Angie gives her some rehearsed answer about having to think about why you're wearing it as a devout muslim.

When they are in the restaurants all her faded tattoos are uncovered and the hijab out the window.  She states that her and her husband had been on and off for 14 years.  But as soon as they got married, he started changing.  He was a completely different person.  She asked him for a divorce, and left islam.  She is concerned that when Danielle marries Mo, things are going to change very drastically (and we have already seen some hints of this in next week's preview).  She continues, "maybe you think like me, that it's not going to happen to me, you think you know the person, but actually you really don't."

Danielle knows better and rolls her eyes.  "I don't see Mohamed being that way. He didn't tell me to dress a certain way or anything like that.  I mean we've had our issues with the financial, the no-hugging and the no-kissing"  Good grief, as I'm typing this up, how profoundly stupid she is.  Angie asks: "Are you guys fighting or anything?" Danielle answers, more crossed-eyed than before, with the usual flat affect "we've been fighting the past weekend."  Angie presses on, "I have to ask you this as a friend. Are you sure that this is something that you really want to do?  Are you doing it for the right reasons?"  I am losing a few IQ points with each report of this exchange: "yeah, I'm sure, I feel pressured because of him needing to work and we got the 90 days to get married, there's just too many things that have happened, we've been through 'other things' and we have worked through it."  Poor Angie struggles with the idiocy, and continues: "but you're weren't married, now you're going to be married, it's going to be tough for you. When you're not married it's easier to walk away than when you're married. It's much harder." OMG are the wheels turning in Danielle's head?  It almost looks like it!  False alarm, there are no wheels.

In the post-meeting confessional, Angie keeps talking to the wind.  "90 days, it's not enough time to decide whether you're going to spend the rest of your life with them or not. They, Danielle and Mohamed, get married tomorrow, I will give it 3 months, and then he will leave and go back to Tunisia."

I think poor Angie is underestimating his determination to get that green card.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 7

This whole relationship is fraud and for Dani, she's in la-la land if she thinks for one minute this guy has one iota of love and affection for her.  Talk about a mismatch. He conned her all the way to America.

If he feels anything for her... it's red-hot hatred.

• Love 4

Amy looked beautiful at her wedding, and I think her mom should have walked her down the aisle.  Another poster had suggested she ride in a horse and buggy, that would have been way more appropriate than the hay ride.  Danny doesn't deserve this girl, and the brothers are rude and unfunny with this long drown out "virginity" nonsense.  Geez, how long do we have to hear this, and I'm sure Amy's mom and family were confused and embarrassed by the whole deal, scratching their heads with this "American humor?".  The torch thingy was stupid and Amy looked almost pissed off, yet gave a gracious smile.

Danny just doesn't have any backbone, wonder how long this marriage will last and how much his strange/ignorant family will interfere in their lives.

Did they ever look for a place together?  Don't remember seeing that. 

• Love 1

Many thanks to all those posting about their real life experiences with obtaining a green card. I've tried reading the USCIS's website to check on the laws, and it is written in such government/legal mumbo jumbo that I can't figure out what the heck they are saying half the time, and I have a Master's degree. Lord knows how an ESL person can navigate this stuff.

I do have one question--a couple of posters have said their interviews/requests for proof of the legit status of the marriage came about a year after the wedding. Does this mean the first year here in the US is largely trouble free, and the burden of proof comes later? Or do the immigration people always have our happy couples on their radar, even in the first 90 days?

My husband and I are going through the process now. We married while he was here on an H1B visa so we didn't have to go through the K-1 process. During the waiting period between the time you submit your green card application and receive final approval, you are granted a temporary work and travel authorization. This authorization must be applied for aside from the green card but there are no fees for filing the paperwork. The typical turn around time is 90 days (my husbands came around day 100). This would allow the non American to work while the green card is being processed.

What I don't understand, especially with Danielle, is that I (the US citizen) have to provide proof of my own financial stability in order to petition for my husband. I also had to sign a form that states I will have to pay the government back for any government aid my husband may receive. I had to submit 3 years of tax returns just to prove my income and financial status.

• Love 2

I don't disagree that that he had no intention of staying with her - I think they made an arrangement that benefited them both. Except it didn't.

Agree to disagree, but I don't see Dani as this poor, meek, gullible, kind woman.

I see her for the narcissistic, manipulative, emotional drain that she is.

All that crying and blubbering? It doesn't make me empathetic towards her ... It makes me want to fly to NoWhere, Ohio and slap her clear across the face for that bullshit.

Oh I agree that Danielle is responsible for her own situation.  Someone in her family should have bonked her over the head.  I don't think he ever intended to stay with her though, because from the very beginning her never behaved toward her with any affection or even gave the impression that he liked her as a friend.  I don't see how this arrangement benefited her at all.  What exactly does he give her?  He has no job so can't provide money.  He clearly doesn't want to be intimate with her.  He says he wants to help with the kids but I see no connection or interaction between them and him whatsoever.  So what does she get out of all of this other than marriage status?

I don't think Mo or anyone of the spouses get the green card upon marriage.   Where Mo might have been 'taken' is that Danielle is in massive debt, they may not have a roof over their heads for much longer, and she doesn't have the money to pay for the paperwork.  Since Mo can't work until he gets his green card, Danielle is responsible for both their bills.

Flip the genders.  If this was happening to Jason & Cassia or Justin & Daya, where they were in danger of being homeless, would they be considered a loser? 

He's a loser because he is entering into an arranged marriage simply so he can get a foothold in this country, nothing more.  He's a zero, he has nothing to offer to anyone.  No one owes him a home in this country; if he wants a roof over his head he can earn it.  He went ahead with this marriage with full knowledge of her debt and employment status, so that's his problem.  He has nothing, so Dani's creditors could never get anything out of him and he'll be long gone soon anyway.  Daya at least is acting like a mother to Justin's daughter.  I actually think Cassia is a loser too.  She's needy and selfish, and has a miserable personality.  I couldn't stay married to her for 48 hours.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 6

i also found it funny how producers of the show had to create a "couple" photo of danny and mo because they apparently don't have any where they are super cozy like the other couples when they show their photos and names/locations before their segment. they basically took two headshots and photoshopped them together to make it look like they took a photo closer together.

Lol, good catch!! How could you tell? I totally missed that.

• Love 1

I've heard a few thousand dollars per principal "actor". The people who make guest appearances, such as the attorney, friends, etc., usually don't get paid anything. This I know for a fact after having a friend or two on a show like this who were on several episodes and didn't get a dime. As an example, a guy from my hometown appeared on every episode of Moonshiners last year, was in all the opening credits, on the website, and was paid $2000. Another guy I know was on 5 or 6 episodes and didn't get anything.

By "illegal" I meant that TLC could not provide them any funds in any way to further their pursuit of a green card. It would be looked upon by INS that the show was paying for them to appear beyond the normal fee. It's complicated, but someone I know who was on a show said that the production company will provide transportation from point A to point B for PR purposes but that's it. The people all sign contracts to appear, the main folks are paid, the minor players are not. And after the show ends, they have no rights. They cannot sue if TLC airs something they don't like.

Cooksdelight - I would totally read your book. Start writing!!!  :) 

• Love 1

Yeah, I don't particularly like Danielle, and of course she has her part in this mess, namely for getting her daughters involved in any of this mess; but Mohamed is terrible too. Neither of them is completely a victim in my eyes and I have a hard time finding sympathy for either of them. I don't buy that Danielle is as aware of their marriage being a sham as much as she should be. She seems really dim.

Cassia is really growing on me. Jason flat out repulsed me in this episode, and I hope that she is not as into him as she acts, but she seemed so hurt and sad the night in Vegas. Also, if she cut off the blonde hair or dyed it dark brown, lined her eyes a bit differently and ditched the Snooki pink lipstick, I think she would be really pretty.

Amy looked very beautiful, as everyone has mentioned. Good luck to her, I hope that for her sake she and Danny are happy and he stands up for her in the future if needed, unlike how he acted when she met his dad.

• Love 3
No, but she'll have to endure him saying horrible negative things about people of color, then patting her on the arm and saying "I don't mean you, Amy, you're different". Shudder.

Hah, I used to work in a comic shop when I was in college, and the owner's old country Italian mother would occasionally help out with putting older comics in plastic sleeves to sort away. One day, an Asian kid stole a pretty expensive comic from our wall - later, when this thief's family discovered that he'd stolen the comic, they all came to the store and apologized for his behavior and my boss said he'd accept his apology if he just agreed to do some community service which he did.

Ever since that day, I'd always here my boss' mother complaining about how you couldn't trust "those shifty orientals"... I always kinda laughed about it because I'm of Japanese descent, and I don't think she even realized she was being offensive because I was considered part of the store family.

• Love 2

I felt that way too, but he lost me at "mimimimiwahwahwah" He is a mean drunk. Some guys are resentful that they were not popular with the ladies, and it comes out as a nastiness toward the one who does offer them love.

What's that saying - "In vino veritas (in wine there is truth)?  With some people, their true feelings tend to come out when they're drinking.  Jason was really disgusting in this episode.

• Love 4

Maybe it's just me but I surely wouldn't want people to be thinking of Hee-Haw (or Children of the Corn for that matter) when they watched my wedding video.  Clearly, those "folks" are a bit different from my friends and family.  And I thank the baby Jesus for that!

I couldn't disagree more about the setting of their wedding.  I grew up in and around Philadelphia, particularly around Amish country right outside the city.  It's a beautiful area and I thought it was a stunning setting for their wedding.. very rustic chic, and sophisticated in a classic and simple way.  Especially how they timed it around sunset so you had the beautiful dusk colors streaming across the farm and the stone farmhouse.  I thought it was gorgeous.  

• Love 4

It's pretty obvious if you know what to look for. You can see the edge around Danielle's hair where they cut away the background

I don't buy that Danielle is as aware of their marriage being a sham as much as she should be. She seems really dim.

She doesn't have a lot of smarts, but she sure was aware enough to try to hide her financial situation from him. That, and the fact that she clearly did not expect any kind of comfort or understanding from him when she lost her job, tells me she's not completely oblivious to the realty of their relationship. In her gut, she knows the score.

• Love 10

There are no words to describe the shit show that is Danielle and Mohammed.....first I have to disclose that I am from Northeast Ohio where not one bit two of the illustrious cast couples of 90 day have been from - nothing to brag about to say the least. Let me start by giving you a picture about where Danielle lives - in Norwalk. It's actually only about 40 minutes west of Cleveland (insert joke here) and 40 minutes south of Cedar Point. That being said,it is a sad little town with sad people. Has no one discussed how Danielle had FOUR teenage children and she is only 46?? There is one red flag. Then, she works (I mean worked) at a job making like maybe 8 bucks an hour as a home health aide. What Internet tale did she tell Mo to get him to come over bade do those stats. Also, she paid for him to fly over and was probably footing all the bills. Shame on her for spending her precious money on this pipe dream. Goes to show she clearly has a screw loose. And Mo, I mean what did he think? Was Tunisia really that bad that you came to a crap town to marry a crazy Podunk like this? What did you think it would be like - Beverly Hills. Go home. You will be much happier. (PS, as a member of the Ohio legal community - I was especially appalled by the esteemed legal "talent" TLC found for Mo - bravo)<br /><br />Cassia oh Cassia - could you be any more transparent? A moderately good looking girl with lots to work with and you come to the USA for that? Really? Just go home - try again. He's an ass and he doesn't even have the dough to make up for what he lacks. Seriously like Mo what tall tale did he spin on the internet to get you to come over? Do foreigners really think the entire USA is the land of milk and honey?<br /><br />Amy - I love Amy. And I love Danny for Amy minus the creepy family. They need to move somewhere far away and make beautiful babies.<br /><br />Daya - I have to say I didn't like her at first -but she tried, I mean really tried to be good fiancto Bret. She moved in with the two old lesbians (weird that a grown man lives with two old lesbians but whatever) without question and then for the first month slept in the same bed with the kid and Brett. I would have left right then. But....no she stuck around and made it work!! (I also question why the hot ex wife even married this guy - would love to know that backstory). However, I think her and mom could have communicated more and talked it out - I have high hopes for these two.<br /><br />I'm addicted to this train wreck of a show!,

So far we have seen Mo thoroughly focused on his green card goal and on his best behavior.  Danielle lied again, lost her job, they can't pay the rent?  Aw shucks all is forgiven, let's start from scratch.  Now he has the green card.  It's abuse time!  Just wait until you see his ugly side.  You'll want to ship him back to Tunisia at your own expense.

Ehh, he may be a scammer and a con-artist but he hasn't shown any signs of being abusive (from what I've seen). Is he hurtful to her with his obvious disdain? Yes, but I don't think he ever pretended to be in love with her. It's a business arrangement for both of them. He's super shady but that doesn't mean he's violent. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 4

I think everyone has made astute and valid observations about the different motives behind Danielle' s and Mohamed' s decisions to marry the other.

I tend, however, to think that the simplest motives are probably the most accurate for these two gloomy gummies:

With Danielle, I think she was a lonely, deprived, physically unattractive lady, with no money and no prospects. Her kids are old enough to be independent. All she had was a laptop and loads of solo time. Then, one site led to another site, chat rooms and, yikes, guys who suddenly paid attention to her! That attention must have made her feel alive and exhilarated. She sent photos and Skyped -- she didn't lie about her looks -- and still these guys stayed interested. If I understand correctly, the first meetup between Danielle and Mo went well, with him showing interest and attention and physical attraction.

She believed him because she was desperate to believe him, and he played her well. I think Danielle is simple-minded, not stupid but dim. I'm sure her net travels brought her to the truth about the bezness business, but she convinced herself that none of it applied to HER. Mo loved HER!

Mohamed' s motives are crystal clear. Even people who hate America, love America. Even people who hate Americans, love Americans. America is still the Promised Land, and some are willing to play any game or pay any price to have a chance here -- to do whatever it is they want to accomplish here..

By the time the events in this episode were filmed, both people knew the true score of their sham, so even a softie like me couldn't feel sorry for either of the schemers.

But overall, in my opinion, Mo is the worse of the couple because he was a player from the first keystroke. Danielle was foolishly and stupidly hopeful and believing when she met Romeo. She bought into the (very unlikely) possibility of a decent looking, younger guy loving her forever. It's pathetic, but, I think, it's true.

• Love 11

Danielle isn't harmless.  She has minor children in her care.  She is choosing to spend money on plane tickets to and from Tunisia, on a wedding dress, a reception, on paperwork fees etc.  She doesn't pay her own bills.  Her kids are stacked like dishes in a small room while she has a spacious bedroom with new furniture.

Just because she's fat, sloppy, and has a lazy eye, doesn't mean she has a low IQ and doesn't know what she is doing.  She is shown behaving selfishly. 

Like Jason, she's treating her fiance like an object.  If Mo or Cassia said no, Danielle and Jason would have just moved down the page and picked another internet profile to date.

• Love 13

I agree. Since 9/11, the INS has more important things to worry about.  I highly doubt that a frumpy Mid Western frau and her not too bright Tunisian "husband" would even register on their radar.

I sincerely hope and pray this isn't true. Sleepers and sleeper cells played their parts in the 9/11 conflagration, and our government later vowed to become more vigilant to the threats these sleepers posed within our borders.

This show introduced me to the bezness epidemic -- I had never read or heard of it. And, I admit, it gives me some uneasiness to think of the potentially bad motives and intentions of SOME of these bezness guys. In my opinion, the INS needs to be attentive and skeptical of these men to the nth degree, now more than ever.

• Love 3

One of the things that struck me and opened my eyes about Danielle was when she was boo-hooing about Mo might not marry her, he went into her room to talk to her, she closed the door....and her voice changed. I mean, REALLY changed. It became a voice of "Don't you dare cross me, young man!" instead of the weepy woman we see on camera. She's not as dim as she wants us all to think, I believe.

• Love 9

Has no one discussed how Danielle had FOUR teenage children and she is only 46?? There is one red flag.

46 isn't an unreasonable age to have 3 teens and an adult; her oldest son cant be older than 22, 23, which puts her at around 23, 24 when she started having kids. She was probably in her late twenties early thirties when she had the girls. Plus, I think she was married to the dad for years, hence the last name Mullins, but I have no clue.

Dumb question (that may be off topic) - how does the pay work?

What I mean is, if the foreigner isn't able to work in the US, how is TLC paying them?

Is it just a joint payment to the couple in the name of the American?

This doesn't matter for most of the couples, but in D&M's situation I wonder if she'd give him his 1/2?

I sincerely hope and pray this isn't true. Sleepers and sleeper cells played their parts in the 9/11 conflagration, and our government later vowed to become more vigilant to the threats these sleepers posed within our borders.

This show introduced me to the bezness epidemic -- I had never read or heard of it. And, I admit, it gives me some uneasiness to think of the potentially bad motives and intentions of SOME of these bezness guys. In my opinion, the INS needs to be attentive and skeptical of these men to the nth degree, now more than ever.

This is just one reason why Danielle (and those like her) should be charged. This is OBVIOUSLY a sham marriage. SHE had to be the one to contact TLC to get it put on the show ... And her dimwitted ass didn't consider the consequences. WTF was her motivation?

• Love 2

Dumb question (that may be off topic) - how does the pay work?

What I mean is, if the foreigner isn't able to work in the US, how is TLC paying them?

Is it just a joint payment to the couple in the name of the American?

This doesn't matter for most of the couples, but in D&M's situation I wonder if she'd give him his 1/2?

If they receive some small fee for appereance (which I highly doubt) . most likely they get some expenses covered for presentations after the show airs, but I really don't believe they get paid that much, if there is any fee paid, the american citizen would be entitled to all of it and doesn't have to share a dime. Most of this show was filmed during the 90 days all the way up to the wedding day, so the non-american person was unauthorized to work and any paying of any wages during that time would be illegal. If they do not want to participate they can refuse, nobody is pointing a gun at them.

In Mo and Danielle's case, Mohammed could have said that he didn't want to participate but he agreed, it is not like he was dupped as it is obvious that Danielle went to Tunis to meet him before he came here to the U.S. He knew how she looked, he knew how dumb and bland she was, he at no moment was taken advantage of. Did Danielle lied to him about her financial situation? most likely. Did Danielle told Mohammed that she was a wealthy person and when he came here he would be in excellent care? I doubt it. All you have to do is look at Danielle and what she wears and how she carries herself to know that she is not even close to be wealthy.

Mohammed has said repeatedly that he had a job in Tunis, family, friends, great things going on for him, yet after finding out that she is flat broke he still makes the decision of marrying her? why? why couldn't he pay for his own plane ticket to come to the U.S. if he had such a nice job? why couldn't he paid for his plane ticket to get himself back from where he came?

There is a part that is missing in this show that I would like to see and that is the side of the non american partners, if they have chosen in advance the couples why can't TLC go to their home countries and show us where they live, their families and how this affects not only them but also their families? Mohammed is ragging on Danielle because she lied to him about her financial situation but what do we know about his financial situation? why a 26 year old man has to endure an obviously sham of a marriage to come here to the U.S? did he even have a job? where did he lived? It is so easy to critisize Danielle because she is an obvious and oblivious train wreck but Mohammed is a con artist who will soon hitch with another dim wit woman with a little bit more money that Danielle and then to the next one as well. He is nothing but a gigolo who sells himself (not his body though) in order to advance in life. Almost like a paid escort if you would.

Am I supposed to feel sorry because this SOB Mohammed didn't find all the ritches he thought he would have coming to the U.S.? Had Danielle be in a better financial position would have made any difference in how he treats her? would he had been more affectionate if she had more money? That is a lot of ifs , what is a fact is that this guy entered a marriage with the sole purpose of getting a green card and that in my eyes will always make him a POS.

• Love 12

I think that's aditing. They could have gone back and forth for an hour brfore that part. Plenty of time to calm down. They also could have asked her to re-record that line and dubbed it in later.

I am pretty skeptical that was editing. I was thinking when they first showed her in the mirror blubbering away about how it wasn't fair for him to do this right before the wedding that her affect seemed forced, the hangdog look, the sad, sad eyes, the heavy breathing. And, IIRC, there weren't a whole lot of tears. And then the door closed, and her voice changed completely.

• Love 3

They were trying to be sneaky with it!! It was a brand new "intro" image for them.  

I'm a graphic designer so I can pick out photoshopped things pretty easily. 

• Love 2
They need to move somewhere far away and make beautiful babies.

Worst advice ever. Danny has a lot of maturing to do before he'd be a good father. He needs to be married for a while and learn how to consider other people and their needs and not focus exclusively on what works for him. (i.e. bringing his fiance from halfway around world, dumping her in a stranger's house, and leaving her to her own devices for the entire next day because that's what is convenient for him. And oh yeah, not bothering to explain or discuss this plan with her ahead of time.)

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 8

Worst advice ever. Danny has a lot of maturing to do before he'd be a good father. He needs to be married for a while and learn how to consider other people and their needs and not focus exclusively on what works for him. (i.e. bringing his fiance from halfway around world, dumping her in a stranger's house, and leaving her to her own devices for the entire next day because that's what is convenient for him. And oh yeah, not bothering to explain or discuss this plan with her ahead of time.)

Even developmentally speaking, the human brain does not fully mature until age 25.

• Love 1

Has no one discussed how Danielle had FOUR teenage children and she is only 46?? There is one red flag.

My parents are 49 and my siblings are 29-13 (I'm 25), and yes, there were four teenaged children in my household AT THE SAME TIME (one older brother, sisters are twins, and me). My dad was a grandfather at 45. People have kids young, it happens.

Danielle's narcissistic tendencies to ignore her children's well being, however, is a huge reg flag.

• Love 2

I'm not sure that precise link will work, but finding the entry on tumblr shouldn't be hard.  Here are some excerpts:

Sources tell us that Danielle has severe psychological problems, including suicidal tendencies. This led Mohamed to seek refuge in the home of Danielle’s friend, Angie, throughout this past summer...

However, this arrangement ended after Mohamed allegedly made sexual advances at both Angie and her 17 year-old daughter. This did not come as a surprise to some of those close to Danielle, many of whom had already suspected Mohamed of cheating. Their suspicions have only been substantiated by the realization that Mohamed still maintains a profile on the website MeetMe, the very site where he met Danielle. 

It also appears that Danielle may have to pay for more of Mohamed’s legal fees than she bargained for. Sources reveal that Mohamed’s relationship with Mullins’ son has not improved. Reportedly, the two have been involved in altercations that have turned physical, and the police even needed to be called. Says a source close to both Jbali and Mullins, “I know he will leave her.”

Edited by Puffaroo
  • Love 1

The part where Danny's getting ready for the wedding and the brothers, of course, bring up the wedding night, and they're like "Are you nervous? Have you guys talked about it?" and you can TOTALLY tell that beyond setting up boundaries that they wouldn't have sex, Amy and Danny have never once discussed their sex life. I completely support a person's choice to wait until marriage to have sex, but if you can't even have a discussion with your partner without getting all giggly and nervous, then maybe you shouldn't be having sex. Makes me sad for Amy....she'll probably only ever have boring, ho-hum experiences with Danny.

Edited by KatM
  • Love 3

Her kids are stacked like dishes in a small room while she has a spacious bedroom with new furniture.

Indeed.  At least two are sleeping in the same bedroom on small beds with cheap painted metal frames, and thin 5" mattresses without boxsprings and folding chairs.  One "night table" looks like some square lump (a cardboard box) with a blanket on top.  The walls are decorated with one calendar.  There is nothing wrong with being poor and living modestly, however, Danielle's own bedroom is a different world.    She has a huge ornate bedroom set, and she's the one with the teddy bears and the mountain of creepy doll$$$.  Danielle is ME-first.

They look lifeless and depressed, and who can blame them, with a mother that is sucking them into her self-delusions, won't listen to them, and demands to be mothered by them.  I hope the extended family is taking an interest in getting them out of there as often as possible.

• Love 11
SHE had to be the one to contact TLC to get it put on the show ... And her dimwitted ass didn't consider the consequences. WTF was her motivation?

Pride and a desire to show off.  Definitely a narcissist.

And money. Probably money was her first consideration. TLC isn't paying them Duggar/Honey BooBoo/Cake Boss money, but it's got to be at least several thousand dollars. While that's not "quit your day job" money, it's enough to keep her rent and utilities paid for quite a while. Add in Mohamed working and bringing in additional income, and Danielle probably thought her financial woes were nearing an end.

ETA: Yeah, I don't buy that tumblr stuff either.  Anonymous, second and third hand gossip/speculation doesn't carry much weight with me. Particularly as relates to a married couple's intimate relationship.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

I see red flags but they're all around Brett's mother. Does she have a key to their apartment? Bout the time I walked in and found one of our parents sitting there...! If anyone needs to pass a torch, it's she. She is the one forcing Brett to choose. She needs to admit she wants him forever single.

Sista-mom, as somebody here said...

• Love 1

I see red flags but they're all around Brett's mother. Does she have a key to their apartment? Bout the time I walked in and found one of our parents sitting there...! If anyone needs to pass a torch, it's she. She is the one forcing Brett to choose. She needs to admit she wants him forever single

Hmmm, from the limited time we've seen her on screen, I didn't get that vibe from his mom.  I think she specifically just doesn't like Daya.  And she's got reasons.  Those "first impressions" really do stick with you, and Daya was behaving like a royal bitch when they first met her at the airport. 

Plus, you add in the whole "is my son getting scammed for a green card?" worries, and yea, I can see where she has some legit concerns.  And while we don't know we initiated the divorce with his first wife (but c'mon I'm thinking it had to be her!), divorce is painful regardless.  I'm sure she is frightened to see her son go through that again. 

• Love 4

Duke2801, I couldn't agree more.   It doesn’t matter how much Daya has supposedly transformed and evolved, her future mother in-law’s opinion of her was formed the moment she barked at her son, complained about the bouquet and questioned the authenticity of her engagement ring.  Mothers do not like to see and/or hear anyone being unpleasant to their kid.  That Brett was an hour late is no excuse, because Amy traveled 21 hours from South Africa, missed her connecting flight in Chicago and was stranded in the airport for 19 hours and yet, when she arrived in Philadelphia she was all hugs and smiles.

• Love 6

Maybe Daya will be willing to share. I really like her, but that's a different rant. What if sistah-mom drove Blondie away as well?

I wouldn't discount that as a possibility! It's not implausible. 

It would be great to hear some inside scoop from people who actually know the family.