Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

She [Amy] also said she didn't know too much about segregation in the US, which shocked me. 

Amy is a multi-racial South African, who is marrying a Caucasian American, and yet, it appears the topic of interracial marriage in America never came up.  Based on the fact that all they do is talk, I can’t help but wonder what it is they talk about.  The general consensus seems to be that Amy is very bright, but she strikes me as naive.  I don’t care how religious you are, most women would be suspicious if their fiancé didn’t want to be alone with them.  Hence the constant chaperones for the Duggar girls.  I have a feeling the probability that Danny might play for the other team has never entered into Amy’s mind. 

Cassia gives new meaning to the word “low rent”, especially when compared to Evelin and Daya.  Can't help but believe Chelsea and Yamir signed on to the show just for the money, because their story line doesn't make sense.  It seems manufactured. 

I am convinced that if Danielle and Mo weren’t being featured on the show, he would have bailed by now.  There is no way he would have stayed with an unattractive, broke, overweight, middle aged woman with three teenaged daughters in Dullsville, USA.  Green card be damned.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 3

What was it he said when he took her out in his fine El Camino.... something about he wanted her to get out and see all that the town had to offer, things to do and see. Whatever it was, I laughed out loud.

I'm beginning to think Jason and Dad and engaged in some kind of sadistic game with this poor woman; let's see how much of the worst of Florida can we can expose her to before she bolts and runs?

RealityGal, on 16 Nov 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

I can't help but feel that Mo wanted someone who would love him enough to believe anything he said and go with whatever he wants to do (for example, I think he could absolutely convince Danielle that he shouldn't be living in that house with the teenage girls, or can convince her that his religion really prevents him from having sex with her even after marriage because of some obscure Islamic law that mandates he can't have sex in a house with chicken patties even though he really, really wants to).

Lmao they're so a chicken patty house.

Remember the episode where Dani was explaining Halal? And the girls looked SHOCKED then relieved once they found out it was ok for THEM to keep eating "normal". 

• Love 1
It seems to me Yamir had more going for him than his girlfriend (don't even know her name). She speaks fluent Spanish, why not just stay in his country and get married there? Wasn't she working there?  But no, she wants to  move back to the US , makes him give up his entire life, which he was stupid enough to do. She has no job, no income, has to live with her parents, and his prospects are looking very slim except maybe working in some factory.

I don't get why Chelsea wanted Yamir to move to the US.  Seemed they were better off in Nicaragua. 

• Love 2
What was it he said when he took her out in his fine El Camino.... something about he wanted her to get out and see all that the town had to offer, things to do and see. Whatever it was, I laughed out loud.

I'm beginning to think Jason and Dad and engaged in some kind of sadistic game with this poor woman; let's see how much of the worst of Florida can we can expose her to before she bolts and runs?

Me too. Everyone who lives around there knows there's nothing to do, including Jason and his dad. Spring Hill is a zero when it comes to nightlife. Why not take the girl to Tampa? It's close  and there's a downtown, a nightlife, nice restaurants. Why go to the old folks buffet? It's almost like they are daring her to hate the area by show her that she doesn't fit in. 

• Love 3

I'm going to start with Justin and Evelin.

I read a lot of sadness with Justin. This kid is hurting real bad.  Either Jason was the scapegoat or the "identified patient" in a very dysfunctional, nasty, and manipulative family system.  I resent Evelin butting in and not supporting him with the pain that he must feel, and forcing him to be in closer contact with people that have no respect for them and probably abused him verbally/emotionally.  Justin looked profoundly uncomfortable with his mother.  How could that Evelin not notice??? At the restaurant, the mother didn't apologize.  Huge red flag right there.  She dug herself into position by reiterating their "concerns" which are nothing but 'busybodying' - Justin is a gainfully employed adult and has been for some time.  Then she took a ride on the me-me-me train with some fake tears to boot.  Nothing about Justin and how HE feels, what his needs are, or respect for either.  Jake, his brother, is probably some kind of golden child that can do no wrong.  I could tell that Jason felt really small talking to him, and Jake looked like he didn't care about his brother's happiness, only to make sure that he would tow the line of family obligation.  He was barely making eye contact with Justin, looking over his head.  I totally get why Justin waited to introduce Evelin to these narcissists, and wants to elope.  Evelin should put a sock in it when she says that "family is the most important."  Put a sock. In. It.  She should show some respect and some empathy for her future husband, and stop deluding herself that she's going to be the pacifist savior of this dysfunctional, abusive bunch.

What Toaster said; if "family is the most important," maybe he should put in for a job transfer and move closer to hers, if it's so wonderful.  And far, far away from his, which obviously isn't.  "You're all I have?"  Get a life, empty-nester!

Edited by joanofarch4
  • Love 2

I know they showed the bonus clip on last nights rerun and no A/C. In an El Camino! And she always looks like the town hooker with her spandex dress that ends right below the butt cheeks and her stilettos and giant floppy hat. She dresses the same if it's a walk around Spring Hill, a romantic night at the buffet, or to check the mail.

I'd love to know his back story. I mean, he doesn't seem very accomplished in a career. And nothing wrong with that, but he's got nothing to show. No kids, no spouse, no career, no prison time, nothing. He couldn't have joined the National Guard very long ago if his friend (that was with Cassia first) is close to her age.

Ha ha! Now that you say that, its so true!  The badly ombre'd hair, the eternal cat eye, the same damn dress in ever color/pattern.  She really could be the Spring Hill town hooker.  Jason could advertise her services on CL and EBay....she could make some money and then go to a place where she doesn't have to wrap up muffins to eat later.

I love Cassia. I think she should get her own show, on coming over here thinking she is going to be a kept woman, and instead trying to civilize these two slobs and gain some shred of a life for herself. How much you wanna bet there is dog shit all over that house?

He SNEEZED ON HER! Gross

I would have kicked him in the teeth.  The Surgeon General showed us all how to cough and sneeze.  He is almost 40, its either reckless stupidity, wanton disregard or malicious intent.

Danielle and Mohamed checking out that farm was creepy. You could tell Mohamed truly didn't give a shit about planning their wedding. I agree with whoever posted that he probably doesn't view it as a real wedding anyway. 

Oh, another reason for him to say he can't have sex with her even after they "marry"

• Love 2

Okay, so can someone explain this to me?  You go to a swimsuit store, see a bikini you like that has a little thong that goes up your ass and you try it on with no underwear! What if you don't like it? Surely it doesn't go back on the rack for the next person to try on? Eeew!  To me that was as gross as the giant airborne mucus storm from Jason's sneeze. Gross.

Jason and his dad are one possum away from a visit by Matt Paxton.

I fully expected Cassia to find a sail cat in that garage. You can tell that house smells just by looking at it.

When DaniMo were looking at the wedding venue he could not have had less interest. But as far as he's concerned, all it needs is a trip to the courthouse and a quick 'I do' in front of the judge for him to keep the green card gravy train in motion. He can't see the need for any kind of ceremony or fuss.

Dani is utterly delusional. I'm glad there are people around her who are telling her the truth, but she is so in denial that she probably thinks in her teeny-tiny mind that they're jealous because she has such a 'hot man' who 'loves her'. Mohamed looked so very angry when Dani told him about the money problems. Everything about his body language was saying "How the FUCK did I get myself into this mess?".  He's too far invested to leave now, and that green card is oh, so close ... but still out of reach.

One thing I noticed in the meeting with Evelin, Justin and his mom - his mom took forever to eventually make eye contact with Evelin at all, and even then she barely did. She said "So how are you guys doing?" and looked only at Justin.

I noticed this too. I thought it was very rude behaviour on the mother's part. But I can't wait for the Dinner Party From Hell when Jennifer gets to be one-on-one with Evelin.

• Love 3

This is what I don't understand , why didn't Chelsea and Yamir married as soon as they arrived to the U.S.

They are not like the other couples that are basically just getting to know each other, these two have already known each other and seem to have made the decision to marry no matter what, so if that is the case then they could have gone the next day to the justice of the peace and get married right away. The religious ceremony could take place later.

Yamir said that they planned that once they got married and he received his legal allien card that he would be back to Nicaragua to take on the promotional tour and continue with the group. Absolutely nothing can happen as far as change of status if there is no legal wedding, to request a work authorization, permission to travel outside of the U.S. or change of immigrant status until the legal wedding happens, so if that is the case Chelsea should have married right away and start the procedures for his change of status immediaely. The more the wait, the more the process takes.

They sure didn't think this through but given Chelsea's entitled attitude it really doesn't surprise me.

Myla Vox, it's possible they hadn't made any money yet, and that Yamir wanted to move here to really test his marketability. I get a bit of a Lou Perlman vibe offa that skeevy manager.

I think big brother Rick staged the couch moment for the cameras. Maybe some of the participants put pressure on themselves to jazz up their storylines.

Gabriel is mad he lost his meal ticket. Sleazeball.

It may be that Yamir wanted to come to the US. And its possible that Chelsea was unable to stay in Nicaragua for whatever reason. I don't believe that Chelsea employed her deceitful feminine wiles to bamboozle Yamir away from all he's ever known, for some nefarious reasons of her own. Staying with her family in East Muffin Illinois is not the long term plan, its the short term stopgap. I think they will be just fine. They appear to be devoted to one another and whatever happens I give them props for taking that leap of faith.

Ahem. Danny and Amy, on the other hand. Sweet tapdancing Jesus. So, racist dad "hasn't had much exposure" to interracial couples? Where does he live, a gated community owned by the Klan? And do not get me started on douchebag brother and his ridiculous hat. Does he wear that thing to bed? That whole scene with him squeezing between Danny and Amy on the couch was cringetastic. I can only imagine what Amy endures from him each and every day. I repeat, Amy--RUN, do not walk, to the airport and head back to CapeTown while the getting is good.

Justin's whole family seems so uncomfortable around each other! the interaction between him and his brother had me squirming in my seat, they were like two co-workers who don't know each other very well. Looks like Bitch SIL has the whole bunch cowed. No one mentioned her name but boy, was she looming. And the mother? Please. Why the weeping?

Danielle, I just can't with her. She is awful and her kids look so depressed. This is not the first time their phones have been turned off, either.

The winner of the episode is Ron, again. I laughed so hard when the camera panned back during Jason and Cassia's epic argument and we saw Ron, busily swiffering the floor, with a look of total concentration. Ron for the win!!

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 6

Yes, leaving Nicaragua meant Yamir was de facto leaving the band, and no, they weren't going to hold his spot open for him indefinitely, and no, Mayla Vox couldn't survive without the only member with any talent or charisma, and yes, they really screwed over both Gabriel and the band mates, all of whom had a good thing going until, and no, Gabriel isn't going to just forgive and forget that slap in the face... 

Dumbnuts (Yamir and especially Chelsea, who is doing a pretty good job of acting incredulous at this entirely predictable turn of events). 

Edited by joanofarch4
  • Love 1

Mohammad is probably working on his next victi...er conquest.

The barfly from the last episode is probably looking pretty good right about now. 

Thank you Danny, for telling us about your sexual chemistry with Amy.  Because I'm not seeing it.  At all.  She really is such a poised, beautiful woman though.   I'm hoping she'll realize at the end of the 90 days to return home and find someone more suitable.  

• Love 1

Gabriel is mad he lost his meal ticket. Sleazeball.

It may be that Yamir wanted to come to the US. And its possible that Chelsea was unable to stay in Nicaragua for whatever reason. I don't believe that Chelsea employed her deceitful feminine wiles to bamboozle Yamir away from all he's ever known, for some nefarious reasons of her own. Staying with her family in East Muffin Illinois is not the long term plan, its the short term stopgap. I think they will be just fine. They appear to be devoted to one another and whatever happens I give them props for taking that leap of faith.

If Gabriel only managed one band he was never a very good businessman to begin with.  He likely has multiple irons in the fire and doesn't want to waste time on one that is problematic.  I think someone upthread said he a Lou Perelman type, and I can see that.  He invests his own money in getting the band together, releasing albums and now when they are getting popular and he can see a return on his investment, Yamir makes a break for the US.  After the just released an album and would normally be touring to support it.

I could see Chelsea Ono pushing him to come to the US with the idea that the US market is so big and there would be so many more opportunities for him and his music.  But then he gets there and there is redneck open mic night.  I am comforted to see that Yamir seems to hook up with some record producers, so maybe there is a plan and has been one all along.

Yamir is 28, that's old enough to consider business first.  If he really wanted to come to the US he could have waited until he stopped touring with Myla Vox in support of their new album.  He pretty much screwed over the other two band members.  If Chelsea couldn't wait through a tour, maybe their love isn't that strong.  How he actually imagined he wouldn't be replaced is a mystery to me, even if he said he was going to try to travel back and forth, that doesn't make any kind of sense when you have to tour to support an album pretty quickly after you drop it.  And if this storyline is real, he made an enemy of his manager, when, if he had gone about this better, he could have had a friend and supporter.

Yamir probably could have explained to Gabriel that he wanted to visit the US to see if there were any opportunities for Myla Vox after the tour was over.  He could have gone for a visit, stayed with Chelsea but traveled to Chicago, knowing that he still had Myla Vox to fall back on.  He could not only test the waters with Chelsea to see if their relationship could work in the US, but he could also test the US to see if there was a chance to break into the industry from this side.

While I can't feel totally bad for Gabriel because most of the times, the "Lou Perelman" types have these kids sign contracts that are remarkably one sided (I've seen that behind the music!) and so if Myla Vox had really become popular the only one that would really profit would be Gabriel.  But at the same time, Yamir did screw Gabriel, and mostly screwed the other two members of Myla Vox.

The barfly from the last episode is probably looking pretty good right about now. 

Thank you Danny, for telling us about your sexual chemistry with Amy.  Because I'm not seeing it.  At all.  She really is such a poised, beautiful woman though.   I'm hoping she'll realize at the end of the 90 days to return home and find someone more suitable.  

She really is so pretty.  I can't remember who called Danny's friends "zesty" but its all I can think about when I see Danny now.

• Love 1

While Amy seems to be genuinely attracted to Danny and wants to get him in the sack, the sad thing is that I believe she has the wrong equipment for him to be interested in. I hope they move into a house with large closets, because that's where Danny seems to be spending his life right now.

• Love 6

When I've tried on swimsuits, they've had a little slip of paper taped over the crotch. I don't know if they do the same with thongs. I still would't try it on without underwear because who knows what is on that paper, but at least if you don't buy it, it isn't ruined. Plus if I looked like that in a swimsuit, I would probably be confident someone is going to be buying it for me. He makes a lot of noise but he caves when she pushes back. It's their dynamic.

I wonder how many $10 vintage Playboy's that set him back?

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 1

I have a feeling Chelsea had to come back for some reason and Yamir had to make the decision to either come with her or lose her. 

And what's with Justin's brother say that "WE" (ie, justin's brother and SIL-from hell) have more questions? I'd tell that SIL that she can sit her behind in the corner and shut up. none of her questions matter. 

Cassia thinks Jason needs to be spend more time with her. The guy doesn't work..... I wonder what she would be like if he had a REAL job. 

• Love 3

One of the reasons I could not live in any other era of human history is AIR CONDITIONING. I love it. I cannot live without it. It was 0 degrees outside last night, but I was perspiring in sympathy with Cassia when I saw her riding in that un-airconditioned car! Also, since that bikini shop has a Brazilian theme, I'd bet money that Cassia tries to model for them or become a shop clerk there when she is finally able to work. 

Jason took her to what IMO looked like the Saddest Furniture Store in the World. Between that, the unrepaired car, the 6 hour long bus ride to the airport, the nasty pool, the lack of furniture in their house, etc. I hope Cassia has some actual love for Jason. If the pool was that bad, I can't imagine that the rest of the house was any cleaner. I don't want to think about the bathrooms. People don't usually just leave one area of their homes/yards dirty. 

Cassia is a butterface and she needs her teeth fixed before she can model anything. 

• Love 2

I also didn't like the way he handled the race conversation. I felt the way that he phrased it indicated almost that it was Amy's "fault", or certainly her unfortunate problem to deal with.

Seriously. The way he said "your race" sounded like "your disease " or "your criminal record " or "your drug problem." As if being black or whatever she categorizes herself is something she is responsible for or should feel shy about. Being black is not something that needs to be "tolerated" or "accepted." Being black just is. So fuck you Danny's dad and fuck you Danny for dropping that bomb on this girl after she's flown across the world and put up with all your bullshit only to be told her future father in law is a piece of shit. And if Danny's dad is a racist, I have no confidence that Danny or his family would protect her from him.

Run Amy. You're so cute and so sweet, there are so many other guys in this country of all racial and religious backgrounds that are better catches than Danny and would scoop you up in a second. Go back home and come back on an F-1 visa girl. This is not the way to go.

Thank you to the poster who likened Cassia, Jason and his dad to a traveling circus troupe. That's exactly what I think of when I see them in that El Camino. An El Camino, the car that's a truck. I never thought I'd see one in 2014. So thanks for that, Jason. Whenever I see Jason and his dad trolling around in that thing, the theme music to Sanford and Son starts playing in my head.

Everything about Mo and Danielle has already been said. They're both scamming each other so I'd say they both broke even.

• Love 8

One of the reasons I could not live in any other era of human history is AIR CONDITIONING. I love it. I cannot live without it. It was 0 degrees outside last night, but I was perspiring in sympathy with Cassia when I saw her riding in that un-airconditioned car! Also, since that bikini shop has a Brazilian theme, I'd bet money that Cassia tries to model for them or become a shop clerk there when she is finally able to work. 

Jason took her to what IMO looked like the Saddest Furniture Store in the World. Between that, the unrepaired car, the 6 hour long bus ride to the airport, the nasty pool, the lack of furniture in their house, etc. I hope Cassia has some actual love for Jason. If the pool was that bad, I can't imagine that the rest of the house was any cleaner. I don't want to think about the bathrooms. People don't usually just leave one area of their homes/yards dirty. 

Cassia is a butterface and she needs her teeth fixed before she can model anything. 

Right before Jason leaves Cassia is laying on the bed on a laptop.  She seemed so truly unconcerned about him being gone, except to ask him exactly how long he would be gone for.  

I get the feeling Cassia is online trying to get a new dude now that she is seeing what a mess she got herself into.  She probably had to make a couple of Skype calls with some new prospects and didn't want Jason coming home in the middle of it

• Love 1

"It may be that Yamir wanted to come to the US. And its possible that Chelsea was unable to stay in Nicaragua for whatever reason."

Yamir has alluded several times to the fact that he was basically coerced by Chelsea; he "doesn't want to lose her" and "needs her love every day" and "had no choice."  For the third time I ask: why can he not get laid in Nicaragua?  Does he have a natural blonde fetish?  SMH!

By the way, who is paying for their plane tickets and engagement rings and even pizza and beer in the bar?  Obviously Princess Chelsea has always been and is still being entirely carried and indulged by her former hippie parents.  Now she wants a rock star to brag about, so of course she got that, too.  They can't even agree on history?  How about a nice job in a meat-packing plant in your "sweet little hometown," Chels?

Edited by joanofarch4
  • Love 3

Yikes. Danielle is almost too pathetic for me to even feel comfortable mocking her.  She really is a useless blob.  What does she bring to the table?  Literally nothing.  I give Mo credit for not actually shuddering while she had her giant paws all over him while crying like an injured animal.  Wtf?!  Obviously she is derranged...during that lunch scene when everyone was listing all the reasons this was a disaster she just kept grinning like an idiot.  I don't even understand how someone can be so dumb?

• Love 2

Watched some of the extra clips online and he has a car with no AC.  IN FLORIDA!  The inside of the door has no backing.  Jason and his dad be sorta po'.

THAT would have been the end for me.

I will put up with a lot of things = but I will NOT be uncomfortable.   And NO AC in FLORIDA would make me very uncomfortable. And bitchy.   Jason would send me packing.

• Love 2

Regarding Justin and Evelin:

I think the SIL is just super jealous. They are living in San Jose, CA, and the beauty standards here have changed. Tall and blonde isn't necessarily what the men are going after, there are plenty who attracted to Asians, Indians, Latinas, etc, etc.

I think that as long as Justin went for his usual type (short term relationships), and was dating around, the SIL was the most beautiful in the family. She got all the attention. But now, not only is there a new female in the equation, but she is younger, maybe prettier, and also more of the beauty standards of the area. So there is a jealousy issue for sure. 

Because, honestly, what does it matter? Justin doesn't have minor children that may not have enough money for food or may be evicted from their home (and yes, we know who I am referring to!) because of this relationship. He is not so wealthy that she can get a lot of money for him. And if she does marry him for the green card, she will have to put in her dues for quite some years, and if he ever divorces her, she will probably have return to her country, so he has the power in this relationship. 

• Love 5
Danielle is almost too pathetic for me to even feel comfortable mocking her.

I am now at the point where Danielle and Mohamed amuse me. Each week I look forward to seeing what new tactic he will employ to keep her off of him, and how she will defeat him with her single-minded determination to cling to him as if her next breath depends on it. Holding his drink with both hands was a nice try, but she blows right by that and goes right into the two-handed arm clutch. I thought he might be onto something with the whole "walking around with his hands clasped behind his back" technique, but nope. She latched right on, even though she looked awkward as hell with her hand behind his back, looking for all the world like she was clinging to the hem of his shirt. It doesn't matter where they are or what they are doing. If that hand is empty,by God she's going to hold it! And I don't think it much matters whether that hand is behind his back, down his pants, or picking his nose.

I think her daughter with the short red hair and glasses should get power of attorney of her mom when she's 18. CPS might need to stop by.

I think that daughter is probably marking the days off on her wall, like a prison inmate. Freedom from that emotional vampire is probably her driving motivation in life.

He SNEEZED ON HER! Gross

That sneeze was epic. The spray was almost cartoon-like. Doctors say can't get ebola from a sneeze, but after seeing the velocity and range of the droplets exploding from that man's nose, I have serious doubts.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 12

First off, how can anybody who knows Danielle in their right mind believe Mohammad loves her? This cannot be a real couple. I refuse to believe anybody can be that moronic. She needs to focus on feeding her 5000 kids and get her head out of her ass. I mean really. She's how old? And believes a handsome young man would want her? At least her sister acknowledged the fact that she couldn't afford the wedding.

Moving on to Amy and Danny. She is barking up the wrong tree. He's clearly gay and uninterested in her. If he truly loved her and wanted to be alone with her, he'd tell his psychotic brother to leave them alone.

As for Chelsea and Yamir, I believe he loves her. She, on the other hand, is a selfish bitch. Chelsea could have easily moved to his country. It's easier for her to speak his language than it is for him. But if she had done that, she wouldn't have been able to be on the show. Good thinking, Chelsea. Why does she talk like she has marbles in her mouth? So annoying.

I didn't really pay much attention to the others. Cassia was rude, as always. Poor Jason is about to lose his pea sized balls to her. Daya is clearly wearing the pants in her relationship too. Justin and Evelin are boring. Talk about fast-forward.

• Love 1

As much as Danielle rubs me the wrong way and well, creeps me out...she IS supporting him so he needs to STFU. We all know how this will end.

Cassia  and Daya = crazy

The whole my father has a problem with your race? totally manufactured.....he knew his dad would have an issue prior to the show.

Yamir? I think this is the only couple I believe...although I think Chelsea's moms "the meat packing plant" is hiring comment was producer driven.

The whole season seems contrived and scripted and well, producer driven.

• Love 2

Oh Danielle. I too find her whimpering and clingy-ness and willful denial to be repulsive, but at the same time- if I knew her in real life, I would probably feel really badly for her. As one of the commenters said above, she's not one of life's winners. And she's being taken advantage of by a man who is obviously in it for the green card and will 100% leave her once he has it. Obviously I, like all of the people in her life, wish that she could see it, but I don't know that her particular combination of neediness/low intelligence is capable of really understanding it.

As for Amy...girl, you can do BETTER. So much better.

• Love 4

Danielle reminds me of a client I once worked with (as a case manager/therapist at a youth resource center). This client was a young adult, in her very early 20's, and she had a lower IQ and some learning disabilities.

I worked with her for quite some time and could never make any headway with her. She had very poor insight, made impulsive decisions that were not connected in any realistic, meaningful way to her stated goals, and was very stubborn once she latched onto an idea. It basically felt like talking to a brick wall. If I said anything that challenged her perspective, even if it was spoken in the most neutral and kind manner, she would say I was "making her feel bad about herself."

She will be Danielle when she is in 40's.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 12

Danielle reminds me of a client I once worked with (as a case manager/therapist at a youth resource center). This client was a young adult, in her very early 20's, and she had a lower IQ and some learning disabilities.

I worked with her for quite some time and could never make any headway with her. She had very poor insight, made impulsive decisions that were not connected in any realistic, meaningful way to her stated goals, and was very stubborn once she latched onto an idea. It basically felt like talking to a brick wall. If I said anything that challenged her perspective, even if it was spoken in the most neutral and kind manner, she would say I was "making her feel bad about herself."

She will be Danielle when she is in 40's.

You NAILED it.  Danielle needs so much more than Mohammed, or anyone else, can give her.

• Love 1

I don't why I'm watching this show considering I don't like it.

My favorites are Evelin and Justin, but even they were disappointing. I think Justin likes Evelin for her optimism, positive attitude and faith in him.  I still think there is more going on in Justin's family than we know.  I don't know what it is, but a common theme among people with dysfunctional families is the ability to look good on the outside, and in some ways wrap it in a bow so no one knows about it.

At least Justin has the courage to admit his family stinks and walk away. I was horrified by the way Danny treated Amy saying he's not sure what his dad's going to say. I mean he'll still love her, but no f** off dad really? I mean if dad says something mean, you need to stand for her. 

I liked the ice skating date, but the brother coming in was annoying. I get the feeling Danny either lacks a backbone to stand up for himself or he's uncomfortable cuddling or both.

I think everyone on this show needs a metaphoric backbone.

I don't really like anyone else much other than Justin, Evelin, and Amy. I still think Brett is more sinister than he seems. 

Last season I didn't want Mike and Aziza to get married and I had my doubts about Alan and Kirlyam, and now after the re-union show they seem like solid couples. I wonder if this season anyone will have the guts not to get married. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

I wonder what people who are learning English think when they hear someone like Danielle butchering the English language.  I wonder if they get confused and think they're wrong.  Her grammar, specifically the use of double negatives, is horrible.  I would pay money to see a clip of Mohammed correcting her.  

I find Casia so unattractive, with her corpse-like pallor, yellow teeth and pink lipstick.  But I guess for Jason, she's a catch.   

• Love 3

Yest. 11:38 pm

Jason is so nasty. He looks dirty and seems like he smells. The house that he lives in is dirty and hoarders worthty. I don't understand how they can live in their own filth?

I'm sorry, but every single one of those homes look like they smell.  Not so much a very putrid smell like vomit or shit - but like "lived in".

I have friends who's homes smell "lived in" - and they call their decorating style "lived in" as well.  I consider it slovenly - but they consider mine to be too sterile & clinical.  I prefer "minimalistic".

I don't care how clean you THINK you are, if you have a bunch of shit everywhere?  You are not getting that house clean.   Every single foreigner has come in and mentioned how messy/dirty the houses were.

Justin's MIGHT be the only one I would spend the night in - and even that would be under severe duress. 

How does a house get that lived in smell?

- laundry in the hamper

- clean laundry not put away

- garbage not taken out daily

- linens not changed

- dishes in the sink

- dust (from having too much shit to dust effectively)

- piles of paper

- animals on furniture

you get the idea.

• Love 2

There are some people who believe that parents with minor children should not remarry. While I understand some of the logic, I also know many marriages that have made it work happily and successfully. But I kind of wish that Danielle would follow that thought. Once those girls are grown and on their own, sure, do what you want. If you want to throw your money on a young "stud" go ahead and do it (as long as you don't expect those children to support you after). But the money she is spending on him, the wedding, the phones should go to her children. Help them get started in life. Those poor kids. In some ways, I wish her story hadn't been told, as it is the only one that makes me sad.

As for Yamir and Chelsea, I wish we knew the whole story. Because I agree with the others, I feel like there is a piece missing. Why the rush to come home after the release of the album? How long could a Nicaraguan concert tour take? For such a small country ... a month? Weeks? I think leaving is pretty much saying good-bye to the band, because obviously he cannot fulfill the obligations by being so far away. So why the rush? Is it a visa issue with Chelsea? I'm glad that the previews for next week at least show them in Chicago, with a real recording studio.

As for Amy, I think she was one of the few that we could actually see her family, and they could attend the ceremony (maybe Paola's family did, but we didn't really get to see it). So it seems that her parents have at least a little money that her mom could come over. And I really hope that her mom sees things as they are, and not as they could be, and gives her daughter some candid advice. Or maybe, if her mom approves, it is because what we see on TV isn't how it really is. 

. Why the rush to come home after the release of the album? How long could a Nicaraguan concert tour take?

Given what we're seeing, it didn't coincide with TLC's filming schedule. Want to be on the show? You gotta move to the U.S. Chelsea probably thought it would be a boost to his career to be on television. You have to remember, these couples all signed up to be on the show, they are at the producer and director's mercy. No one forced them to sign the contracts to appear.

• Love 1

Jason is so nasty. He looks dirty and seems like he smells. The house that he lives in is dirty and hoarders worthty. I don't understand how they can live in their own filth?

It looks like Jason's sale items take over the home - they are in the garage, in his bedroom, in the dining room. I know people who have made a living selling items from yard sales on eBay, but their storage methods are so meticulous. Everything from the pool to Jason's bedroom looks like it needs a scrub down and since he made a comment an episode or two back about hoping Cassia can help put the home in better order, he knows the inside of the house has issues.

• Love 2

In the bonus scenes where DaniMo and the kids went to Cedar Point - I'm hoping TLC paid for that. The cheapest day ticket is $39.99, so a tad under $200 for the five of them. Plus transport and food, which would probably account for another $100.

I thought when they were in the living room when the trip was being discussed that the daughter who looks the most like Dani seems a little ... slow? I also can't help noticing Dani's resemblance to Peter Griffin on Family Guy. Once seen, I can't unsee it.

Edited by essexjan
  • Love 12

OK, I call total BS on Cassia and Jason and the editors. After I watched the episode, I kept thinking to myself, WTF does Spring Hill have a brazilian bikini shop for? So I did a little internet detective work and it turns out that the bikini shop they visited was in Miami. As were all the beach scenes. So the BS story about going out to see the sights in town was really shot in Miami Beach. Such crap. 

• Love 9