Type keyword(s) to search

S5.E1: Costume or Couture?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Lisa celebrates Valentine's Day by throwing a Besos party. Meredith confronts Whitney. Both Angie and Meredith seek apologies. Lisa's friend Bronwyn brings a new level of sophistication, fashion and a critical eye to the group.

It's a first that a HW event takes place during the season premiere episode.

First aired 9/18/2024.

Edited by ZettaK
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Didn't this franchise open with a huge lavish party at one of Hen Shah's rental houses?

Haha where she accused Mary of saying she smelled like hospital! 😂

• LOL 11
21 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Lisa celebrates Valentine's Day by throwing a Besos party. Meredith confronts Whitney. Both Angie and Meredith seek apologies. Lisa's friend Bronwyn brings a new level of sophistication, fashion and a critical eye to the group.

Or the description of this episode could be “Yelling, yelling and more yelling.  Yell yell yell.  Then more yelling.  Etc etc “

damn!🙄

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7

Ugh, nothing but fighting  and yelling. I hate that Mary is now a full time HW. Bronwyn is an older version of Emily in Paris and a snob. Not sure about Britney (however you spell her name). Not sure I’m going to keep watching this season. 

• Like 6

It was deeply satisfying for me to see Meredith, Lisa, and Heather say all of that to Whitney. I just wish she'd actually listened. I find her intensely annoying. 

This whole episode was very funny, though. I know a lot of people hate her, but Mary always makes me laugh. And Meredith's obsession with baths! She must know it's preposterous to say things like "You stole my bath line" but she plays it so straight. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Panda Bear said:

It was deeply satisfying for me to see Meredith, Lisa, and Heather say all of that to Whitney. I just wish she'd actually listened. I find her intensely annoying. 

This whole episode was very funny, though. I know a lot of people hate her, but Mary always makes me laugh. And Meredith's obsession with baths! She must know it's preposterous to say things like "You stole my bath line" but she plays it so straight. 

I find Whitney intensely annoying also.

Mary, is abhorrent on a personal level but such entertaining TV.

i thought it was a requirement for at least 3 housewives of each franchise to have a personal care line (skin, bath, etc)

• Like 11
  • LOL 7
(edited)

Just starting to watch. But this Queen of Hearts Alice in Wonderland talking head look was…a choice. Then I see a cat/leopard(?)outfit that apparently was missing pants in 37 degree weather?!

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 11
(edited)
On 9/18/2024 at 1:16 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

Didn't this franchise open with a huge lavish party at one of Jen Shah's rental houses?

That's what Andy Cohen said. I guess it is at a venue, as opposed to at a house. Also, the episode started with it, and it all about the event. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3

I hate when they all SHOUT over one another,  my poor closed caption  cannot keep  up. 

Bronwyn  , that looked more like a costume, sorry Mary, not sorry. Bronwyns face looked okay in her TH, but when she was outside,  she looked older. Verdict  is out on her, I'm learning  towards like. Britani looked so different  in her TH, than she did in the picture  with Mr Osmond. I don't  mind Mary,  she comes out with a few zingers that make me laugh. 

• Like 7
(edited)

They cast a new obnoxious asshole but this one didn’t sleep with her brother in law so I guess they’re ahead. Plus seeing her out and about in her goofy costumes is somewhat entertaining.  German Shepherd coat was right Mary.  Just because Dolce (or Gabana) wrote in sharpie  all over a coat doesn’t make it fashionable. 
I enjoyed the pile up on Bobble Head at the end. Especially Heather mimicking her voice about exploiting her vagina.  Now it seems like Bobble will replace the exploited vagina with trauma. 
Meredith and Whitney arguing over bath bombs was also strangely entertaining. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

If the rest of the season is going to be non stop screaming, cursing and acting like fools in public places then I'm out. I finally turned this off and started watching Bargain Block.  How many new housewives were added? I missed the introduction.

• Like 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

It was deeply satisfying for me to see Meredith, Lisa, and Heather say all of that to Whitney.

You really have to be careful when you pull out the "When have I ever lied or What have i ever done to you" lines, because there are facts, timelines, screenshots and receipts, not to mention grudges being held.

Seriously, does Whitney not watch the show ("Watch the show" would have been an awesome response)

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
(edited)

When Whitney was accusing Lisa of mocking her journey on social media, I was expecting the posts to have referenced her "hilling journey" (just me?)

Lisa was right that Whitney uses her journey to feel morally superior to the other women. When Lisa pointed out that she's not on the same journey, Whitney had the balls to say that maybe Lisa should be and accused her of weaponizing Whitney's trauma against her. Um, no, Whitney, you are weaponizing your hilling journey against the other women (and us) to make yourself feel better about God knows what 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
18 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

When Whitney was accusing Lisa of mocking her journey on social media, I was expecting the posts to have referenced her "hilling journey" (just me?)

Lisa was right that Whitney uses her journey to feel morally superior to the other women. When Lisa pointed out that she's not on the same journey, Whitney had the balls to say that maybe Lisa should be and accused her of weaponizing Whitney's trauma against her. Um, no, Whitney, you are weaponizing your hilling journey against the other women (and us) to make yourself feel better about God knows what 

Is this about her vagina hilling journey?

• LOL 10

Gotta love that Lisa’s still swanning in after everyone else sets it all up & unnecessarily moving furniture, just so she can say, ‘I worked so hard at this event!’

“I don’t like angles.”

Another Bronwyn. Shudder RHOC ptsd. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Gotta love that Lisa’s still swanning in after everyone else sets it all up & unnecessarily moving furniture, just so she can say, ‘I worked so hard at this event!’

“I don’t like angles.”

Her asking that a bench be moved from here to there was just her flexing her boss muscles, the hi top was too close to the sofa, but we all know that the staff did everything, she just showed up.

Did you love the silence when the barn door opened, like nobody said anything for a minute, I think she wanted a big wow moment which she didn't get.

If I were invited to that event I would have worn my Chanel cashmere sweater and pants, why did she want to be outside, it looked cold and no hi tops were near a fire pit.

FYI, I don't have a Chanel sweater, I would have just used a Sharpie on a Banana Republic sweater, sort of like Mary's monstrosity of a coat.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 1
  • LOL 19
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I saw Whitni from Secret Lives of Mormon Wives was at the Besos event 

She was?! I missed it. They should add her to this cast. Her narcissism would fit right in. 

• LOL 5

Ugh I hate Whitney. Because she has that glazed over look and baby voice people think she’s a dummy. Girl is no dummy. She can flip and spin a conversation in an instant when it’s not going her way. She flat out willfully misinterprets and lies about what was just said.  It’s so frustrating for me to watch because I loath that behavior. If there is even a hint of her being called out she over-talks and then leaves, usually screaming about people are using her body parts or past against her………which they are not. 
Ugh, hate her! 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I don’t understand why they bring back Mary. And Whitney for that matter. My god she is annoying. She whines and cries like a child (I say this every year). Girl needs to grow the F up already. She has absolutely no storyline in her life so she continues to insert herself into other’s business so she can get offended by something and make it all about her. Go away, puhleeze!!

I continue to like Lisa. Sure she’s a bit self absorbed but she is the only one who seems self aware enough to be able to kick back and have a good time. 

• Like 6
(edited)

How does one hill an exploited vagina? A hot bath with a scented bath bomb?

Anything but a naked body painting sex session with the hubby.

Edited by Palimelon
  • LOL 10
(edited)

Costume, of course, to answer the question in the title of the episode.

Britani, and Meili didn't become HWs after all, although they filmed as full time HWs.

Meredith acted as if she was the only person to ever create a bath line.

Bronwyn's face was very shiny at the restaurant with Lisa.

Bronwyn had to correct Lisa's pronunciation of Moschino (she was right though). And yes, she is a snob, but she should thank her old, rich husband that made it possible for her to be one.

Heather mentioned the word many refuse to do: Ozempic.

Even YSL makes mistakes! Luan De Lesseps of the NY HWs TM although she said Louis Vuitton instead. (Bronwyn's red heart coat).

Angie had a scroll with greviences! That was funny.

I liked the episode, but it ended up with the usual screaming...

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3

Even YSL makes mistakes! Luan De Lesseps of the NY HWs TM. (Bronwyn's red heart coat).

I have a feeling Bronwyn shops in the "Mistakes" section of many a couture house.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

How does one hill an exploited vagina? A hot bath with a scented bath bomb?

Yes I believe a bath bomb is cure but who's bath bomb line?

46 minutes ago, Palimelon said:

Anything but a naked body painting sex session with the hubby.

If THAT didn't exploit her lady bits I can't imagine her being bothered by something in print! Years later and I still wince when I think of that scene, truly awful.

• Like 7

I loved it! The sheer idiocy of the topics these ladies fight over, coupled with the over the top fashion is what I live for. Give me a super rich lady who has an insane heart coat as just the first outfit she wears and you have me for the season.

The convo between Bronwyn, Britni and Mary was a work of art in and of itself. Britni couldn't get a word right in Mary's mind. Mary will hate her forever.

Whitney took a beating and frankly she deserved it. Everything the other ladies said was correct, but Whitney is either too stupid or arrogant to listen.

Looks like a great season is ahead.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Angie is just so embarrassingly bad at executing a “gotcha.” And Meredith, oh my god, it’s not like you said you were thinking of creating something super out of the ordinary — jewelry and bath products are pretty run-of-the-mill stuff. And Whitney’s hair in the THs is confusing me. As is her new kitchen — I feel like it’s the same as the old one. 

Why are these people seemingly never cold?!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Everyone bring your most extra Mormon to compete to be on the show! Instead of celebrating Valentine’s Day, it seemed like they were celebrating Festivus with the airing of grievances. I thought for sure they had to edit it with every woman screaming across the table at a different person at the same time, but then the camera pulled back… and they were legitimately all screaming at each other at the exact same time. But speaking of editing, that was some superb cinematography in the cold open quick navigation to everyone’s homes with ominous voiceovers. It was all kind of downhill from there. Except for Angie’s scroll. I love me a good shady prop—and even better everyone detailing the amount of work Angie must have put into this craft (eg, there was even a string)! Other obscure objects include Bronwyn’s “costumes” and Meredith’s home, which looks like a community college student center.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3

Lisa is Lisa... and I accept her for who she is.  Even if I didn't, she accepts herself enough for the whole world.

Angie with the scroll... I think that tops Jessel's journal from RHONY... but not quite on the same level as Monique's binder on Potomac.

Whitney uses her trauma sadly to play victim.

Meredith is obsessed with baths... so why not have bath line.  That makes more sense then Whitney having a bath line.  

Usually the first episode is much calmer and introspective... but I guess this show is ready to start out guns a blazing LOL

• Like 5
21 hours ago, hottesthw said:

I don’t understand why they bring back Mary.

Because she is excellent reality TV.

21 hours ago, hottesthw said:

And Whitney for that matter. My god she is annoying. She whines and cries like a child (I say this every year). Girl needs to grow the F up already. She has absolutely no storyline in her life so she continues to insert herself into other’s business so she can get offended by something and make it all about her. Go away, puhleeze!!

Total agreement!  Whitney is simultaneously stupid, whiny, boring and ridiculous!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Meredith’s home, which looks like a community college student center.

I don’t understand, she has the money to rent these huge homes but not enough to kick up her credit score enough to get a mortgage?  I know it’s hard to buy these days but is it that hard if you (presumably) have money?  

Pretty sure she’s a pill popper- benzos by the way she slurs.  But maybe painkillers too, people have unnecessary surgeries just to get them.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 7

These ladies have not learned the lesson of the Real Housewives of Dallas.  A show that is all conflict is going to get cancelled.  Dallas had too many fights and got canned. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I don’t understand, she has the money to rent these huge homes but not enough to kick up her credit score enough to get a mortgage?  I know it’s hard to buy these days but is it that hard if you (presumably) have money?

Right? Her rent is probably very close to what her mortgage payment would be.

I think in season 1 she had mentioned moving a few times due to Seth's job, but they seem pretty settled in SLC/Park City now. You'd think they'd have found a more permanent place 

• Like 3