Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E8: Once a Traitor, Always a Traitor

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The purple horror or the black and white horror?

Both are available on Ali Baba.

This made me remember the first seasons Tamra was on where she was selling her clothes she wore on the show on Ebay. The innocent poor years. She's always a hustler and finding ways to make cash. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Haven't read anything yet but here is MY OPINION!

🤣 gold. 

Teddy definitely drank too much of her own kool aid. She was trying to act all tough & mysterious, but Bless her, she just made it Weird. 

I’m not aging well at all, so I try not to criticize, But I think all the smoke & mirrors & procedures to look young end up making them look a lot older when the lighting slips. Tamra deserves it tho. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

That was maybe the most boring episode I’ve sat through in a long time.

I have to agree, though, as someone who’s watched The Traitors. Heather would be perfect for it. Maybe that was the point of tonight — this was an audition for the next Bravolebrity Traitor.

It was interminable. They spent too much time on the stupid game. I zoned out. 

If this is an attempt at acting, Teddi is the Yoko Ono of acting. Just murder her and let us out of our misery

What happened to Teddi's original face? I almost didn't recognize her. And did someone call her stunning? They must've seen something I didn't see. 

21 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

That outfit Tamra’s wearing in her talking heads, did she lose a bet or something?

No doubt Tamra will watch the playback and have lipo on her arms. 

Sounds like Emily may be an Adult Child. I had a similar experience. It didn't make me aggressive though. It made me codependent/people-pleasing. Different kind of coping mechanism, also dysfunctional. 

19 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Teddi’s face didn’t move from the bottom lip up.  Actually, everyone was looking old.  Heather, however, could at least wrinkle her forehead.

Tamra looked bad with the wet hair. One of the rare times she was showing her age. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The lighting in the confessionals is bad, and their self tanners/bronzers make things worse. 

I've thought the opposite. They usually look better in the confessionals to me than the regular episode, due to the glamour lighting in the former. This doesn't excuse the bad makeup, hair and outfits they have sometimes though. 

11 hours ago, bosawks said:

Interesting, have we ever seen her meet one?

Nope. No one is as smart, rich, enlightened, successful, or happily married as Heather. At least not in Heather's mind. 

10 hours ago, Palimelon said:

A bit more context for that. Also, am I the only one who thinks their looks here are better than the ones in their regular talking heads?

Jenn looks better here to me than on the show, because usually her face looks kind of lumpy and undefined. I don't know what the issue is... maybe too much filler?

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Americans pronounce the letter T like a D.  I thought the game was traders.  I’m from England. 

Agree! I just saw a video on YouTube saying the same thing! 

8 hours ago, J80134 said:

I get what Emily was explaining to Jenn. Fending for yourself at a young age can instill a "whatever it takes" mentality around food, shelter, stability, etc. Get to work, sell stuff, quit spending friviously...suck it up buttercup.

Ted is the hostess with the leastest. While I enjoyed seeing Tamrat soaked, what a pathetic play for a moment.

Shannon orders a light pour of tequila...hoping to beat the breathalyzer? Nope, no problem here

My first thought when she said that was: I wonder if Shannon whispered on the side, "Make it a large pour." Previously, she did something like this when she ordered a coke or something and told the server to spike it but keep it quiet. 

I'm not judging Shannon and don't know if she truly has an alcohol problem. However, I will say this based on my experience with people in recovery. It's very common to say they had "two" drinks. This is almost a cliche. You don't want to say one because obviously it isn't true, so people who are having an issue with alcohol will say two thinking it's a safe, reasonable number. But often, they had many more. I've heard it laughed about in recovery meetings. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, dosodog said:

One of my friends had to get a breathalyzer after a DUI.  We went to a camp out party on a friend's property. Dogs were invited, but during dinner, had to go back into their cars. She had parked in a sunny area, not realizing this. 

So her car was too hot when it was time to eat. She couldn't move her car or turn on the air conditioning because she'd drank a beer. I was drinking water so she asked me if I would start the car for her. I said yes....

My first attempt landed up as a violation because I could not blow and hum at the same time--the vibration made my lips ticklish and I could not stop giggling the entire time I was trying to blow. I did manage to get it right the second time, but had to suffer through "blow job" jokes for the rest of the night...

I want to make it clear that the ONLY reason I helped her was because I knew she wasn't going anywhere and the dogs needed to be in the shade. 

A friend of mine had one and he could not have someone else start the car for him. It had a camera that confirmed he was starting it. If someone else showed on the camera, it was a violation. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Useful 9
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

What happened to Teddi's original face? I almost didn't recognize her. And did someone call her stunning? They must've seen something I didn't see. 

Stunning as in shocking, maybe

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I only recognized her because I read here she was appearing on the episode.  Yikes!  She’s too young to have all that work done. And what was with that voice?  
I haven’t watched The Traitor so this version seemed boring .  Even edited for TV it was too long. 

I did enjoy them all slowing melting in the rain though.😉

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

A friend of mine had one and he could not have someone else start the car for him. It had a camera that confirmed he was starting it. If someone else showed on the camera, it was a violation. 

This was in the early 2000's. Lucky for the dogs, we didn't have the camera breathalyzer! It's required now.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Kind of a throwaway episode, rest of the season looks promising.

The previews have looked like the episode would be interesting. But they edit the previews so much that they don't even match the episode. 

• Like 2

Boring episode and proof that Teddi makes the show much worse by being on. Her dig at Vicki was dumb since she also is no longer a housewife and viewers hated her even more than Vicki.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
44 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

When Shannon and Tamra were talking and Tamra said she was sorry, she could not have seemed more insincere. It seems like she can't stand Shannon. 

She can't stand Alexis even more (see early seasons for proof), but is playing some sort of strategy game and Alexis is a pawn, her apologizing to Shannon did seem phony but my guess is if she alienates those two she will have no one to film with and what is Tamara without her camera time.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

It’s been said many times before by better posters than me, but……that game was a waste of everyone’s time. My time, your time, the housewives time. It must have been designed by Teddie and Tamra because I can’t imagine anyone in production being able to develop something that nonsensical. For those who haven’t watched The Traitors - it’s nothing like what you watched on Housewives. 

Not to put down anyone’s looks, because I ain’t no beauty myself, but……. Yikes, Emily’s face during the spray tan scene really, really surprised me. I’ve always thought she was, despite all the make-up, probably a naturally nice looking woman. I was disabused of that belief after that scene. Double yikes!!

• Like 7
  • Fire 2
18 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I almost didn't recognize her.

(This is referring to Teddi) The same here. Her face looked so different.Teddi was wearing equestrian attire. I saw Traitors. Alan Cumming always wore Scottish ensembles (kilts, tartans, man jewelry) and I don’t understand the correlation between the two. Teddi rides so I’ll assume her outfit came from her own wardrobe. Guess Bravo didn’t think she was worth buying a kilt for or borrowing one from a production/rental company. 

• LOL 4

I bet Tamra didn't invite Alexis to the Traitors Party because Alexis had other plans. Why else would Fun Lexi not be invited to a party? 

And everyone could hear the tapping, the walking, and the instructions to remove their blindfolds. Why exactly did they have to insert (useless) earplugs??

• Like 5
On 8/29/2024 at 9:32 PM, Mr. Miner said:

That outfit Tamra’s wearing in her talking heads, did she lose a bet or something?

I actually think it's perfect for her, in that it's something a cartoon villain would wear.

On 8/29/2024 at 10:21 PM, Pi237 said:

I had no idea you might have to keep blowing/humming into the car breathalyzer every 5 or 10 minutes While driving!

Right?! Is it just me or does that paradoxically seem... unsafe? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 8/29/2024 at 10:28 PM, bosawks said:

I’m sure all this interpersonal family drama is of the utmost importance to Katie but I would really have to give it my all to care less than I currently do about any of it. 

You would need the James Webb telescope to locate the shred of a shit I give about it. 

I feel like everything about Katie is too much too soon. She came charging right out of the gate armed with dirt about Heather. And now we're learning too much about her family background (which I realize is the editors' fault, not hers, but still) but she hasn't earned it. We barely know her. We have no buy-in. When Tamra talks about how her divorce has impacted her kids, we care (or we would if Tamra weren't the worst person in the world) because we've been following her story for so long. Heck, I'd be interested in an update on Michael and Briana. But we don't even "know" or care about Katie yet. 

• Like 9

Ugh why is Teddi there. She’s so annoying.

Vicki sucks no thanks.

Ok Shannon got a DUI it’s not good or right but holy shit if she’s trying to change then Tamra needs to shut up. Tamra is worse anyways with her evilness.

Katie is boring.

John is a loser & so is Alexis. I don’t give a fuck about there dumb relationship.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
On 8/29/2024 at 11:52 PM, bravofan27 said:

Heather does not like smart people. Or maybe brunettes. Or both. Maybe Katie too. They (Katie and Heather) definitely butt heads. They are too much alike-- used to be the smart person in the group. 

Is Katie smart? Maybe, by the standards of "cyst and diseased"? I truly have no idea, as I feel like I don't really have a sense of her yet. That said... I feel like I'm insane, because Katie came onto this show actively spreading dirt about Heather, right out of the gate. Of course Heather isn't going to like her! It has nothing to do with kissing the ring or wanting Katie to "bow down" or whatever nonsense Emily and Katie are spewing.

Now, can Heather be entitled, elitist, self-important, self-absorbed, etc.? Absolutely! 

But, in the real world, if my first introduction to someone in my "friend group" was their spreading negative gossip about me, I wouldn't be particularly warm to them either! They're acting like she's being cold and rigid -- which she can be, but in this case I actually think she's being kinder to Katie than a lot of reasonable people would be! 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4

Just saw an online comment that this episode was right up there with the lizard funeral on Vanderpump Rules. In VR’s defense, I find that a tad harsh. At least the funeral didn’t suck up the entire hour, it was pretty much in keeping with Schwartz’s personality, was funny because it was ridiculous, and it included some of the plot line drama, which made it kind of bearable.

Three days later, and I’m still 🤔at why they thought this was worth airing. The Tres Amigas bullshit felt forced, as did Heather and Katie’s conversation. The “game” was pointless, as was Tamra getting thrown in the pool. Why? If they wanted a break from the drama, they could have done better.

If this was a trial balloon to find Teddi another Housewife home, it failed. Nobody wants her back — Tamra doesn’t need another henchwoman. If it was to promote The Traitors US, they did that show no favors.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5

I have the same feeling about Teddi being too confrontational without any personality or likeable to balance it out. No one really seems to care about Teddi either-- she just inserts herself into situations. That said, I'm VERY EXCITED to be going to the John Mellencamp concert in Cincinnati on September 11. WOO HOO!!! He's on tour with Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan. YAY!

Tamra always wears her lipgloss. Always. When she came out of surgery a few seasons ago, she droggily asked Eddie for her lipgloss. Wonder what's up with that?

So glad Tamra didn't pick on Shannon all episode about drinking at the Traitor game thing. I think Tamra realized no one else cared if Shannon drank, and she looked way worse than Shannon.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I have the same feeling about Teddi being too confrontational without any personality or likeable to balance it out. No one really seems to care about Teddi either-- she just inserts herself into situations. That said, I'm VERY EXCITED to be going to the John Mellencamp concert in Cincinnati on September 11. WOO HOO!!! He's on tour with Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan. YAY!

Tamra always wears her lipgloss. Always. When she came out of surgery a few seasons ago, she droggily asked Eddie for her lipgloss. Wonder what's up with that?

So glad Tamra didn't pick on Shannon all episode about drinking at the Traitor game thing. I think Tamra realized no one else cared if Shannon drank, and she looked way worse than Shannon.

John Mellencamp is a cool dude. He still lives in Indiana and is just a regular guy. I wasn’t much of a John Cougar fan in the ‘80s, but his later music is excellent. Have fun! 

They’re always pulling out their lip gloss — it’s like a nervous tic or something. 

I still wish Shannon would get off the alcohol, period. She probably rationalizes it as it being okay if she doesn’t drive. Not going to suggest she go to AA or get treatment, because that’s her decision to make.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

I still wish Shannon would get off the alcohol, period. She probably rationalizes it as it being okay if she doesn’t drive. Not going to suggest she go to AA or get treatment, because that’s her decision to make.

I don't really care if Shannon drinks or not.  I do care if she drinks and drives.

Continuing to drink will probably cause all kinds of damage to her relationships and her health but odds are she won't kill anyone.  

• Like 6
7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

John Mellencamp is a cool dude. He still lives in Indiana and is just a regular guy. I wasn’t much of a John Cougar fan in the ‘80s, but his later music is excellent. Have fun! 

They’re always pulling out their lip gloss — it’s like a nervous tic or something. 

I hope Teddi doesn't play tambourines or cowbells.

I, too, apply lip gloss all the time. I have tubes strategically placed throughout the house and at least one on my person at all times. It's been like this for over 4 decades.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/1/2024 at 4:12 AM, ladle1 said:

Is Katie smart? Maybe, by the standards of "cyst and diseased"? I truly have no idea, as I feel like I don't really have a sense of her yet. That said... I feel like I'm insane, because Katie came onto this show actively spreading dirt about Heather, right out of the gate. Of course Heather isn't going to like her! It has nothing to do with kissing the ring or wanting Katie to "bow down" or whatever nonsense Emily and Katie are spewing.

Now, can Heather be entitled, elitist, self-important, self-absorbed, etc.? Absolutely! 

But, in the real world, if my first introduction to someone in my "friend group" was their spreading negative gossip about me, I wouldn't be particularly warm to them either! They're acting like she's being cold and rigid -- which she can be, but in this case I actually think she's being kinder to Katie than a lot of reasonable people would be! 

I so agree about Katie. I like her, but I think she's making that classic first season mistake, where she acts like she's so chill and above all the drama, while simultaneously and immediately starting drama.  This is never a good look imo, and if she doesn't do a quick about face, she's headed into Teddi Mellencamp territory. And Teddi had the added benefit of a celebrity dad and a strong fan hatred of Dorit, who Teddi was up against early on. Katie doesn't really have that. Heather's not hugely popular, but I don't think she's as hated as Dorit was back then. So I don't see Katie as having a very wide berth here.

But, she has avoided the other first seasoner classic mistake of frosty pink eye shadow, so kudos on that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

This weekend I've been watching season 11. Filmed around 2016, it's the post-Brooks cancer-scam season and the cast includes Tamra, Heather, Vicki, Shannon, Kelly, and Meghan. If you're bored, I recommend (re)viewing because the alliances are so different compared to today. We see Kelly (briefly) call out Shannon for having a drinking problem (pot, kettle), Shannon and David renew their vows, and Tamra actual try to take the high road a few times.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Vicki is the absolutely worst, obviously, but I kind of love that she's still selling insurance. Truly, are there any other examples of long-term HWs who have held onto their boring, real-world jobs?

33 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

This weekend I've been watching season 11. Filmed around 2016, it's the post-Brooks cancer-scam season and the cast includes Tamra, Heather, Vicki, Shannon, Kelly, and Meghan. If you're bored, I recommend (re)viewing because the alliances are so different compared to today. We see Kelly (briefly) call out Shannon for having a drinking problem (pot, kettle), Shannon and David renew their vows, and Tamra actual try to take the high road a few times.

Was that the same season when Tamra was Christian for five seconds?

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
31 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I would like to think that anyone watching this show is not buying insurance from ignorant ass Vicki.

Yet...seemingly... someone is?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, ladle1 said:

Vicki is the absolutely worst, obviously, but I kind of love that she's still selling insurance. Truly, are there any other examples of long-term HWs who have held onto their boring, real-world jobs?

Good question.  Of course most of the HWs  never had boring real-world jobs, at least not after they were married and/or divorced heh.   Kyle (RHOBH) has always had her career but I don't count that as a boring, day to day job.  Other than that, I can't think of anyone in the two or three franchises I still watch.  

Vickster took her little home office business and grew it big despite or because of the show. 

• Like 4

OC's Jeana was involved in real estate when RHOC started. Phaedra from Atlanta was a lawyer (and the main breadwinner even after she married Apollo). Ramona from RHONY had her beauty care line and some type of clothes resale thing (not sure if just her husband or both had the jewelry company as well). Those are the only ones I can think of, but can't say if any of them are still working in those jobs.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I was unaware that Tamra has two of the kids, who don't talk to Simon, and Simon has the other kid, who doesn't talk to Tamra.

Great job, you two!

What teamwork and such role models.

• LOL 7
22 hours ago, QQQQ said:

This franchise seems to decline exponentially every year. The early seasons are truly entertaining to watch.

Was that the season with the Ireland trip?

• Like 1
On 8/31/2024 at 1:52 PM, Mindthinkr said:

(This is referring to Teddi) The same here. Her face looked so different.Teddi was wearing equestrian attire. I saw Traitors. Alan Cumming always wore Scottish ensembles (kilts, tartans, man jewelry) and I don’t understand the correlation between the two. Teddi rides so I’ll assume her outfit came from her own wardrobe. Guess Bravo didn’t think she was worth buying a kilt for or borrowing one from a production/rental company. 

Well, at least they didn’t go that far. The episode was already incomprehensible enough to those who don’t watch The Traitors in the first place. Somehow, envisioning Teddi in a kilt makes me want to reach for the eye bleach.

I just looked, and while Season 3 of The Traitors US is in the can, the best guess is it won’t air until sometime in early 2025. Maybe Bravo-NBC Universal were told it would air this fall. You know how they both love to cross-promote shows using Bravolebrities. (See the stupid Olympics commercial with Tamra.) 

They probably could have just skipped this week altogether — nothing really advanced the plot lines. 

• Like 4
On 9/1/2024 at 1:19 PM, RoseAllDay said:

Remember the episode when Alexis’s twins were eating the lipgloss?  🤢  I can’t think of her without remembering that. 

• LOL 7

I think Katie is over playing her hand with Heather. What exactly does she want from Heather? She keeps accusing her of stuff with no actual proof or no actual proof of bad intentions And when Heather acts upset Katie tries to pretend it’s  all more proof Heather is a liar. All while Katie’s very shady past is coming to light in real time. It’s just weird. I think maybe she overestimated how far general Heather hate would protect her on this one.

• Like 2
On 8/30/2024 at 12:55 PM, RoseAllDay said:
On 8/30/2024 at 11:27 AM, Natalie68 said:

Seems to me they want the Vicki-Teddi feud to continue, especially if Tamra and Teddi are buds. If either has to come back, I pick Vicki. Teddi is vile.

And you don't think Vicki is vile?!  That woman is the most vile housewife of any franchise as far as I'm concerned.  At least Teddi didn't fake a cancer diagnosis (for her even more vile boyfriend) for a storyline. To me that's the lowest of the low and I will never buy her explanation that she didn't know Brooke's was faking. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, Palimelon said:

OC's Jeana was involved in real estate when RHOC started. Phaedra from Atlanta was a lawyer (and the main breadwinner even after she married Apollo). Ramona from RHONY had her beauty care line and some type of clothes resale thing (not sure if just her husband or both had the jewelry company as well). Those are the only ones I can think of, but can't say if any of them are still working in those jobs.

Kandi Burress of RHOA has always had multiple businesses in addition to being an original member of the group Xscape before she joined the show.

(Just now realized you were referring to boring day to day jobs.  My bad!) 😊

Edited by swankie
Added another thought.
  • Like 3

True, but Kandi's work was a bit more exciting than the others working in their offices, hence me not including her ;) Same reason I didn't include Lisa Vanderpump or the actresses from BHOBH.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, swankie said:

And you don't think Vicki is vile?!  That woman is the most vile housewife of any franchise as far as I'm concerned.  At least Teddi didn't fake a cancer diagnosis (for her even more vile boyfriend) for a storyline. To me that's the lowest of the low and I will never buy her explanation that she didn't know Brooke's was faking. 

Yes, I do. But Teddi is also no prize. Neither deserve a place on my teevee.

• Like 5

Teddi is no prize, that's true, but she is no where near as vile as Vicki is. I don't want to see either but I can tolerate seeing Teddi guesting once every couple of years. I'll take annoying over annoying + cancer scammer any day.

• Like 5
20 hours ago, swankie said:

I find Vicki reprehensible. I agree she knew about Brooks.  Maybe I can tune out Vicki where I can't Teddi.  

• Like 1
On 9/3/2024 at 3:47 PM, FozzyBear said:

I think Katie is over playing her hand with Heather. What exactly does she want from Heather? She keeps accusing her of stuff with no actual proof or no actual proof of bad intentions And when Heather acts upset Katie tries to pretend it’s  all more proof Heather is a liar. All while Katie’s very shady past is coming to light in real time. It’s just weird. I think maybe she overestimated how far general Heather hate would protect her on this one.

It seems that to be cast on this show nowadays you either have to vow to “take down” an existing cast member, or be in the position to be ridiculed yourself (such as with Jen)—ideally both. Katie’s whole thing with Heather is very reminiscent of Annemarie’s obsession with Sutton’s esophagus on RHBH. Do either one of these feuds make any sense at all? No. But it’s an entree into the cast. Now the real key is you have to then pivot from the initial petty observation into something more substantial to really carve yourself into the cast. Katie seems to be at least trying to do this by throwing anything she can at the wall, whether it was a paparazzi call, a party snub, an Instagram tag, etc. This is better than Annemarie who wouldn’t stop obsessing about Sutton’s esophagus, full stop.

• Like 3
On 8/30/2024 at 6:35 AM, RoseAllDay said:

If it’s a first offense, you usually have options. She did say since the girls were gone, she has no transportation. In my state you can get limited driving privileges if you can give a reason (like work). Also, I think the Breathalyzer is connected somehow to the ignition — if you blow above the limit, the car won’t start. Regardless, it showed how complicated your life gets with that hanging over your head.

I agree about having to work, but Shannon mostly works when filming, and Bravo would provide transportation.