Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: How to Survive a Storm

• Start Topic

UHDCBSEVL410_EVIL_Ep410_IMAGE_2714467_19  

Kristen must protect her family; Sheryl and Leland's war peaks.

With a hurricane on the way, Kristen, David, Ben, and the girls prepare for the worst. However, Kristen is horrified to discover her new neighbor is much more of a threat than the storm. The war between Sheryl and Leland reaches a shocking conclusion. 

Premiere Date: July 25, 2024       Paramount+   

• Like 1

If this is the series finale, I would be very disappointed. 😣

This episode seems rushed and it’s all over the place. Sheryl is dead and Leland is in custody. Timothy is now with his bio mom, just like what Leland would’ve wanted. Why is Leslie arrested though? What happens to all DF demons in human skin? What happens to Ben’s Jinn? Who’s going to be the new big bad - Lexis or Kristen? Who’s taking over Sheryl’s demon house? What about Andy?

Eye rolling moment - Kristen unashamedly confessing her feelings for David in front of Ben, Sister Andrea and her (sleeping) daughters is just bonkers. Two lives for David while Andy is totally forgotten. She doesn’t even bother to check on him during this time. No throwaway line about him etc. Andy has suffered so much because of his connection to Kristen and her ovaries are tingling for another man? Serve her a divorce paper, Andy! 🙄

That creature in the shower in the neighbor’s house, is that Leland in his true form? 😳

Leland was part of The Entity and fully aware of the remote viewing/controlling/entering technique. That’s how he got into David’s mind in season 1, wasn’t it? Leland was part of the church too at one point and nobody warns David about Leland’s backstory? Using Leland’s childhood trauma as an AOL is only a temporary solution. What’s next?

The hospital scene with Kristen and dying Sheryl is truly heartbreaking. It’s emotionally raw and overwhelming. Katja lost her dad prior to filming this episode. She must have been channeling her own emotions in this scene. 💔

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Sheryl has always been my favorite character but I do like her character arc this season and she isn’t the one who needs to finally beat Leland.

After last episode’s Leland speech about the nature of evil Timothy in Kristen’s custody is this an example of God’s will?  I know it’s what Leland wanted as well but not in this manor so it could be a little of both.  

And the return of Jake The Flake.

From what I understand this is supposed to be season finale but then show got cancelled and four episodes got added to finish it off.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 4
(edited)

Yeah, I knew she was going to die. I'm glad Boggs wasn't the one to do it. We've had so many fake-outs, I was hoping this would be one more. 

Timothy's mother was still working with Leland. Of course. And they still potentially get what they want, with Kristen getting Timothy. 

@Snazzy Daisy That was the demon who helped Leland, but I was wondering the same thing before he hit Sheryl. That was supposed to be the season finale, before they were cancelled, and given four more episodes to finish it. 

I also couldn't believe she said that she'd want both lives for David. None for Andy. I liked Ben's "What about me?" 😄

Edited by Anela
  • Like 6

I laughed at Kristin in the bath, complete with Margarita can. 

So are we to think that Leland will be stopped in prison? 🤨 Maybe Sheryl will come back as a fantastic angel and finally kick his ass. 😉

Only four more to go. I’m already feeling weepy. 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

This episode seems rushed and it’s all over the place. Sheryl is dead and Leland is in custody. Timothy is now with his bio mom, just like what Leland would’ve wanted. Why is Leslie arrested though? What happens to all DF demons in human skin? What happens to Ben’s Jinn? Who’s going to be the new big bad - Lexis or Kristen? Who’s taking over Sheryl’s demon house? What about Andy?

I do think anyone who expected a lot of the big mysteries to be resolved will likely be disappointed on some level with that part of things - even with the additional episodes to wrap things up, I doubt we'll get a complete answer, if any, to a lot of that stuff. But maybe I'll be proven wrong, who knows. 

I do like the ending being ambguous in which choice Kristen will make with Timothy - I think that would've made for an interesting note to end the series on,. And I'd just assume Andy would eventually be okay - the girls already lost their grandma, if they lost their dad, too, that'd just be too cruel. 

Eye rolling moment - Kristen unashamedly confessing her feelings for David in front of Ben, Sister Andrea and her (sleeping) daughters is just bonkers. 

To be fair, he did broach the topic first. I too liked Ben's "What about me?" comment. 

The hospital scene with Kristen and dying Sheryl is truly heartbreaking. It’s emotionally raw and overwhelming. Katja lost her dad prior to filming this episode. She must have been channeling her own emotions in this scene. 💔

No joke, I fucking SOBBED at that scene, holy shit. David reading her the last rites as the heart monitor flatlines...blubbering. Absolutely blubbering. Not that I'd wanted Sheryl to die at any point during this show, but I certainly didn't expect her death to hit me THAT hard. The girls looking so sad when they were crowded around Sheryl got me, too. I was worried that Sister Andrea would be the one to die when she was standing out in the yard like she was during the storm, so I'm glad she made it out okay, at least. 

(On the note of the girls, man, was I holding my breath when they were stuck in the neighboring house. Good on Lynn for such a clever ruse to get them out of there.)

Proof this episode was not written by someone who grew up in the Midwest- a tornado warning is issued and Ben's first suggstion is that they go upstairs and not, y'know, down to their basement (which I was yelling at them to do the entire time :p). And Lynn opening the window to yell for Sister Andrea - like, honey, I'm worried about her, too, but THE STORM, close the damn window!

Yeah. This would've been an absolutely wild note to end things on, but since they did get an additional four episodes, I am legit curious to see what they do have planned to officially wrap things up. 

• Like 8

The text at the bottom of the credits just says “Don’t.” lol

Literally everyone was out to get Leland and I’m here for it. I was on the edge of my seat when David was controlling Leland and almost made him drink bleach. That Leland almost became a priest is surprising but it explains why he was able to control David. Ben had some ingenious solutions, first with flooding Leland’s place with sewage and then using the music to break his hold on David.

I’m an unapologetic Kristen/David shipper so I love their conversation in the bathroom with David saying he wished he had one life for god and one for her, and Kristen saying she wished she had two just for him. I cracked up at Ben’s “what about me?”

Sheryl really almost killed Leland this time (and would have if it weren’t for that meddling demon!). I honestly didn’t expect her to die. The girls crying and Kristen breaking down was so sad.

So with Leland in prison, Kristen is offered custody of Timmy. I love David and Ben subtly shaking their heads in the background, and honestly, I have to agree.

• Like 6

I can definitely see why that would've been the season finale. 

I also thought Sister Andrea was about to die thanks to seeing that weird demon ghost thing that the super believable astrologist or whatever talked about at the start of the episode ;P

I am...very eye-rolly over the Kristen and David stuff. as always. Just let them be friends!! They're so good as friends! Sure, I ship the OT3 and enjoy Kristen with her various lady crushes, but in canon, in the actual show? She still does love Andy!! Although you'd never know it with the way she apparently would give both lives to David and nothing for Andy. Awesome. 🙃 I'm starting to agree that he should greet her with divorce papers at this point.

Other than all of that--I also cried a bit in that Sheryl scene. Kristen so obviously cycling through like forty different emotions and grief winning in the end. The girls' goodbyes that were really more of them begging her to stay. David's everything he said to her!! 

I reeeeally need someone to kill Leland. With the way this show is--so many plotlines not having endings or having unhappy ones--I kinda am resigned to him making it out alive (especially with them all still wanting more of the show to do) but I sure would love it if he didn't! 

Also! Sheryl's video! I wonder if we'll see or hear more of it; I hope so. I wonder if she explained EVERYTHING, including that room being where they kept Andy, and everything that happened to him. If she mentioned Leland's plan to kill Laura. If she mentioned any of this to whatever she also gave to Andy! It'd be lovely if she apologized for at least some of it to him.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I do think anyone who expected a lot of the big mysteries to be resolved will likely be disappointed on some level with that part of things - even with the additional episodes to wrap things up, I doubt we'll get a complete answer, if any, to a lot of that stuff. But maybe I'll be proven wrong, who knows. 

I do like the ending being ambguous in which choice Kristen will make with Timothy - I think that would've made for an interesting note to end the series on,. And I'd just assume Andy would eventually be okay - the girls already lost their grandma, if they lost their dad, too, that'd just be too cruel. 

To be fair, he did broach the topic first. I too liked Ben's "What about me?" comment. 

No joke, I fucking SOBBED at that scene, holy shit. David reading her the last rites as the heart monitor flatlines...blubbering. Absolutely blubbering. Not that I'd wanted Sheryl to die at any point during this show, but I certainly didn't expect her death to hit me THAT hard. The girls looking so sad when they were crowded around Sheryl got me, too. I was worried that Sister Andrea would be the one to die when she was standing out in the yard like she was during the storm, so I'm glad she made it out okay, at least. 

(On the note of the girls, man, was I holding my breath when they were stuck in the neighboring house. Good on Lynn for such a clever ruse to get them out of there.)

Proof this episode was not written by someone who grew up in the Midwest- a tornado warning is issued and Ben's first suggstion is that they go upstairs and not, y'know, down to their basement (which I was yelling at them to do the entire time :p). And Lynn opening the window to yell for Sister Andrea - like, honey, I'm worried about her, too, but THE STORM, close the damn window!

Yeah. This would've been an absolutely wild note to end things on, but since they did get an additional four episodes, I am legit curious to see what they do have planned to officially wrap things up. 

I forgot to mention the tornado warning.  I thought they had a basement, I was thinking about that, too. You don’t go upstairs, in a tornado. I guess they aren’t used to them in NYC,  but weather people always say to seek shelter in a basement, if you have one. 
also, that laptop was way too close to the water.  said as someone who had to pay some library fines over books falling into mine.  

I’m surprised that I *didn’t* cry over Sheryl. This aired a day after the anniversary of losing my own mother.  It felt so rushed, in the episode.  But what David said was very sweet. I’m glad she got to hear that she was forgiven. 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

If this is the series finale, I would be very disappointed. 😣

Eye rolling moment - Kristen unashamedly confessing her feelings for David in front of Ben, Sister Andrea and her (sleeping) daughters is just bonkers. Two lives for David while Andy is totally forgotten. She doesn’t even bother to check on him during this time. No throwaway line about him etc. Andy has suffered so much because of his connection to Kristen and her ovaries are tingling for another man? Serve her a divorce paper, Andy! 🙄

That creature in the shower in the neighbor’s house, is that Leland in his true form? 😳

Leland was part of The Entity and fully aware of the remote viewing/controlling/entering technique. That’s how he got into David’s mind in season 1, wasn’t it? Leland was part of the church too at one point and nobody warns David about Leland’s backstory? Using Leland’s childhood trauma as an AOL is only a temporary solution. What’s next?

This episode was filmed prior to the cancellation.  After the announcement, they filmed four more episodes to "finish" the series, but IIRC, they tried to leave it open in case another streaming service picks them up. 

I was confused as to why Leslie is working with Leland, I thought she didn't want the baby around him.  Also, no closure with Andy makes me believe they thought there would be another season. 

• Useful 1

Leland talking control of David, horrifying. 
The storm demons really scary.
The Star and Stripes haunting Leland so funny.
Sheryl's death scene so heartbreaking.. especially if you have lost a parent.
A great episode full with emotions.

I will miss this show.

• Like 4
(edited)

I think people confuse liking a character arc and liking a character.  Then again I tend to find evil characters fascinating but it is television so I don’t feel bad for “liking” horrible people on tv.   Sheryl has always been a compelling character because the reason she does things hasn’t always been clear.   If you believe she fundamentally loves her daughter and granddaughters then her actions make some sense.  If you don’t then it doesn’t.

I have always believed Sheryl loves Kristen but that doesn’t automatically make her a good person or mother.    She has made terrible selfish and damaging decisions but they all have been with Kristen in mind.   Even kidnapping Andy had the function of providing Kristen with a better life.   Plan A had been eventually killing him and giving him a “heroes death” and Kristen a ton of money.  This in Sheryl’s mind was more than Andy was worth.    But the girls figured out he was still alive…so plan B.    

This is a longer post then I intended so I will fast forward to Leland using Andy to kill one of Kristen’s daughters which was the one thing Sheryl said she wouldn’t let him do.   I know people said she could have confessed everything at that point but Kristen wasn’t really talking to her.  Sheryl instead went full out war with Leland and came thisclose.

Thisclose

To beating him.

This is why I like Sheryl as a character.    I am sad to see her die especially since at this point I am not sure the show knew it was ending.   This looked like the season finale.    Four episodes were tacked on to give it an ending. 

So I am just hoping Sheryl was clever enough to leave breadcrumbs so Kristen can get revenge.

Also do we know who her father is?  

Edited by Chaos Theory
Edited because it needed to be edited
  • Like 8
3 hours ago, Anela said:

I forgot to mention the tornado warning.  I thought they had a basement, I was thinking about that, too. You don’t go upstairs, in a tornado. I guess they aren’t used to them in NYC,  but weather people always say to seek shelter in a basement, if you have one. 
also, that laptop was way too close to the water.  

I also loved her taking a bath in the midst of a full blown Category 5 hurricane. 'Cause naturally the best place to be during those kinds of storms is in a tub full of water :p.

Also, Been acting like tornadoes during hurricanes were unusual surprised me, given he's big on science and all. I've never experienced a hurricane in my entire life, and even I know that tornadoes regularly form during a hurricane. There's even a particular quadrant of hurricanes where they're most likelyl to form. 

Other people nitpick how their jobs are portrayed on TV, me, I get nitpicky about weather details :p.

46 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I think people confuse liking a character arc and liking a character.  Then again I tend to find evil characters fascinating but it is television so I don’t feel bad for “liking” horror be people on tv.   Sheryl as always been a compelling character because she the reason she does things hasn’t always been clear.   If you believe she fundamentally loves her daughter and granddaughters then her actions make some sense.  If you don’t then it doesn’t.

I have always believed Sheryl loves Kristen but that doesn’t automatically make her a good person or mother.    She has made terrible selfish and damaging decisions but they all have been with Kristen in mind.   Even kidnapping Andy had the function of providing Kristen with a better life.   Plan A had been eventually killing him and giving him a “heroes death” and Kristen a ton of money.  This in Sheryl’s mind was more than Andy was worth.    But the girls figured out he was still alive…so plan B.    

This is a longer post then I intended so I will fast forward to Leland using Andy to kill one of Kristen’s daughters which was the one thing Sheryl said she wouldn’t let him do.   I know people said she could have confessed everything at that point but Kristen was t really talking to her.  Sheryl instead went full out war with Leland and came thisclose.

Thisclose

To beating him.

This is why I like Sheryl as a character.    I am sad to see her die especially since at this point I am not sure the show knew it was ending.   This looked like the season finale.    Four episodes were tacked on to give it an ending. 

So I am just hoping Sheryl was clever enough to leave breadcrumbs so Kristen can get revenge.

Also do we know who her father is?  

Seconding every single word of this post. And no, we've never learned about Kristen's dad, or if he's even still alive or in the picture in any way. 

• Like 3

Ben the Magnificent (R) comes through to save David...TWICE!. The "Washington Post March" has always been a favorite, and I now love it even more. I laughed too hard when the sewage started piling up in the bathroom. Leland has had so much human waste to deal with this year, why not more? MWHAHAHAHAHA!

And drinking room temperature bleach? It must be chilled and with a rim of Draino crystals on the glass. Only the finest for Leland.  

I'm sorry to see Sheryl gone. The whole scene from the girls with her to Kristen to David was just heartbreaking. Christine Lahti is a pro and will be missed. I also hope she is cremated (if she's head of a sigil house) before anything can happen. 

Andy (apparently) gets a flash drive, too from Sheryl. I'm sure details of his kidnapping and "procedures" are on that drive. But what else? I'd love it if Andy, Kristen, Ben, and David all gang up and take Leland out for good. 

Sister Andrea remains a badazz. Outside in the storm talking to Not! The Question and being attacked by the demon while saying she wasn't afraid? The best. Andrea Martin deserves an Emmy for her work. I wasn't bothered by the three of the girls praying with her in the bathroom. Yes, they do have a basement, which is a sealed-up gate to Hell. Not sure I'd want to go down there, either. 

Katja's acting range is fantastic. From the sorrow over losing Sheryl (and her own dad) to the hilarious smile at the end when asked about the baby. "Only the biological mother can make that decision." Her "uh-huh" and slighly insane grin makes me think she'll say, "No, thanks," or "It's not me."

I hope it gets picked up. If not, we have four more episodes. It's been great fun. I have a new TV crush. And the writing, acting, directing, heck...everything has been top notch. 

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I also loved her taking a bath in the midst of a full blown Category 5 hurricane. 'Cause naturally the best place to be during those kinds of storms is in a tub full of water :p.

Also, Been acting like tornadoes during hurricanes were unusual surprised me, given he's big on science and all. I've never experienced a hurricane in my entire life, and even I know that tornadoes regularly form during a hurricane. There's even a particular quadrant of hurricanes where they're most likelyl to form. 

Other people nitpick how their jobs are portrayed on TV, me, I get nitpicky about weather details :p.

Seconding every single word of this post. And no, we've never learned about Kristen's dad, or if he's even still alive or in the picture in any way. 

Sheryl told Leland she had dealt with demons before (him). I am thinking that his interest in Kristen’s eggs, Kristen... it's her bloodline. I hope thatcwe do find out her father is in these next four episodes. She's powerful in her own right.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, WAnglais1 said:

And drinking room temperature bleach? It must be chilled and with a rim of Draino crystals on the glass. Only the finest for Leland.  

I'm sorry to see Sheryl gone. The whole scene from the girls with her to Kristen to David was just heartbreaking. Christine Lahti is a pro and will be missed. I also hope she is cremated (if she's head of a sigil house) before anything can happen. 

I wish we had seen the bleach and draino cocktail. Was young Jake a deaged Michael Emerson, because he was perfect. 

Kristen’s taking the shower was like her calmly walking through the grocery store. They may not have gone to the basement because the basement may have flooded, but I don’t think they said that. Of course, there is also the basement hellmouth. 

Sheryl’s death scene was heartbreaking for all concerned. Before that it was great to see her trying to fix her mistakes, aligning herself with Leland and DM. I’m positive the girls will try contacting her from beyond the grave. The Sheryl/Sigil House connection remains unresolved. Was Kristen’s father connected to the house? Why are Sheryl and Kristen connected to the antichrist. I’m reasonably sure neither of them know why.  

I guess the four additional episodes is like a. Movie that resolves the storylines. 

• Like 3

The primary concern was flooding from the hurricane so that's why they were upstairs. Hell Gate aside, the basement would have been the worst place to be if that occurred.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Zaffy said:

I will miss this show.

Too many fake-outs for me.  I also wasn’t as focused, when it actually happened, because I realized that was it. I didn’t get to say goodbye to my mother.  They called us when her aneurysm burst, and they were trying to resuscitate her.  I had wanted to be there, because I had a bad feeling, but my dad dropped me at home, because the animals had been alone all day.  Earlier on, we thought she was going to be okay. 

The scene with David, in the confessional, that was touching.  

7 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I wonder if her father will be a Big Bad.  They only have four episodes to go.  

Edited by Anela
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1
11 hours ago, Zaffy said:

I will miss this show.

I was rewatching first season today and there are scenes where  David is praying and Leland gets in his mind talking about women screaming like a demon during sex, and other stuff I can't recall right now. 

So this tracks, his being able to get in David's mind.  I like how they are following up with plots or just specific scenes they introduced in previous seasons. 

• Like 6

I never understood why Sheryl went over to the dark side in the first place.   She had a fight with Kristen, so she sells her soul to the devil?

I guess somewhere along the way there was a Dorian Gray-esque deal of not aging further but it seemed like an afterthought.   I, for one, was very disappointed we didn't see Sheryl deteriorate into the Leech Woman at the end, since Leland said she would age twenty years overnight if shut off from the elixir.

I'm probably in a minority, but I just don't buy Kristen as a good person.  She is very self-centered.  Her parenting seems minimal and restricted to what's obligatory.   She calls David her friend yet has no respect for his sacred vows and seems determined to corrupt them.   She has apparently put her messed-up husband out of her mind; meanwhile her largely unattended daughters have become a cohort of liars and schemers.  Kristen's greatest attachment, it seems,  is to canned margaritas. 

• Like 6

Yes, the basement probably would have been flooded. People actually drowned in basement apartments in the last "storm of the century" here in Queens. They are also in an area "A," which means mandatory evacuation. I'm in the same neighborhood, and they switched us from "B" to "A" recently. They're blocks from the East River.

I'm still debating who's going to end up killing Leland: David or Kristen? Or will it be Sister Andrea? I don't see Ben doing it. 

There's so much left to be explored and only 4 episodes left! AUGH!

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 7/25/2024 at 10:56 PM, steph369 said:

I laughed at Kristin in the bath, complete with Margarita can. 

I’m really feeling like I want to buy Kristin a nice crystal margarita glass. Maybe I can stick one in their next toilet paper delivery. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, kwnyc said:

I'm still debating who's going to end up killing Leland: David or Kristen? Or will it be Sister Andrea? I don't see Ben doing it. 

The 4 daughters will do it. Or it will be lil' Timothy?

• Like 5

I used to adore Kristen but now I’m finding her immature. She leaves her daughters alone all the time and has zero care for her hospitalized husband. I was hoping Sheryl would tell Kristen what happened to Andy but I’m not sure she would care. Then taking a bath during a hurricane when your daughters are terrified? I also didn’t like her comment that if she had two lives she would give them both to David. She is married and he has chosen to be a priest.

I liked Leland getting arrested but didn’t need scenes of a teenager being bullied-I don’t want to find a motive for evil. I also kept wondering how Ben would feel working with Kristen and David now that they are professing their love. The death scene with Sheryl was well done.

• Like 7

The slapping scene reenactment from Chinatown. “my sister…my father.”  Having recently watched the Faye documentary, this was hilarious and why I love/hate Leland so much.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I used to adore Kristen but now I’m finding her immature

I don’t disagree with you, but she wasn’t like this before she got involved with Leland, was she? Has anyone seen the movie 8MM with Nicolas Cage? He was a private investigator investigating the seedy side of New Orleans and somebody told him that “when you dance with the devil, you don’t change the devil, the devil changes you. “That movie was 25 years ago and I still remember that.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

I don’t disagree with you, but she wasn’t like this before she got involved with Leland, was she? Has anyone seen the movie 8MM with Nicolas Cage? He was a private investigator investigating the seedy side of New Orleans and somebody told him that “when you dance with the devil, you don’t change the devil, the devil changes you. “That movie was 25 years ago and I still remember that.

Certainly she started out knowing what she believed and who she loved and what she wanted and what she was afraid of.  Now she has many doubts and everything is in flux. 

4 hours ago, Zaffy said:

What if Leland lives. Evil is an ongoing threat. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I also kept wondering how Ben would feel working with Kristen and David now that they are professing their love.

Oh, he's been aware on some level of their interest in and flirtation with each other for most, if not all, of the time they've worked together. I think he's just going to roll with it like he usually does. Especially given that there's no indications as of now that they'll actually wind up together, as well as the fact that he's had his own romantic issues to deal with. 

9 hours ago, ferjy said:

I’m really feeling like I want to buy Kristin a nice crystal margarita glass. Maybe I can stick one in their next toilet paper delivery. 

Kristen definitely needs a proper glass, and salt!

IMG_1438.jpeg.73293c3813db654e675557a74b385a8f.jpeg

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, Zaffy said:

Kristen committing murder in season 1 was part of her corruption. Killing Leland as deserved as it may be . . . Evil would win.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I used to adore Kristen but now I’m finding her immature. She leaves her daughters alone all the time and has zero care for her hospitalized husband.

I'll offer these thoughts. The girls are older now. I believe the oldest is a younger teenager. Older kids being left alone with the other children was commonplace when I grew up, especially after school when both parents (or a single parent) worked. Andy was gone a lot. I think the girls are capable of handling themselves for a few hours. (Of course, Kristen did go out at night in an effort to get lucky. I saw that as being prompted by the Jinn following her.)

Didn't the people where Andy went tell Kristen she couldn't contact him for four or so weeks? I don't remember the time frame, but it was longer than two weeks. We don't really know how much time has passed on the show since he went away.  

• Like 6

Kristin had Sheryl as a mother, so she has to make it up as she goes along. She probably had to do a lot of stuff for her mother that parents usually do for their kids. Lynn is put in a similar position.

Those kids are pretty resourceful, though...using Mom's margarita salt to protect the house from evil spirits was clever. 

And Kristen! Laptop in the bathtub? Say it ain't so!

• Like 4

Someone wondered if Kristen's father could be the next big villain. If they do kill Leland, maybe they have that in mind if the show gets picked up?

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, ferjy said:

I’m really feeling like I want to buy Kristin a nice crystal margarita glass.

I don’t remember this, but it looks like Kristen had a glass of sorts for her margaritas at one point. Or maybe Katja was drinking margaritas in another show too. 😆

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, WAnglais1 said:

I'll offer these thoughts. The girls are older now. I believe the oldest is a younger teenager. Older kids being left alone with the other children was commonplace when I grew up, especially after school when both parents (or a single parent) worked. Andy was gone a lot. I think the girls are capable of handling themselves for a few hours. (Of course, Kristen did go out at night in an effort to get lucky. I saw that as being prompted by the Jinn following her.)

Didn't the people where Andy went tell Kristen she couldn't contact him for four or so weeks? I don't remember the time frame, but it was longer than two weeks. We don't really know how much time has passed on the show since he went away.  

I agree. And a lot of it is just plot devices. She seems fine to me. As you mentioned, they are teens, not little children, who don’t need to be attended to every minute. She’s also basically a single parent doing it alone, and with a job to go to. Not to mention dealing with demons. 😄 Easy to criticize until you’ve been in those shoes. Minus the demons, most likely. 😉

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Leaving normal kids in the afternoon is ok. Leaving kids in a house where demons frequently visit and knowing Leland has tried to hurt those kids is not right, especially at night. Yes they are resourceful but Kristen rarely seems to be home. And her saying if she had two lives she would give them both to David certainly means she doesn’t care about Andy. Of course some of this is plot device but then that pertains to all shows all the time.

• Like 1

Let's not forget Andy & Kristen's marriage has been a little shaky since the beginning.  She admitted in S1 she had feelings for David, and was physically attracted to him.  As she became influenced by evil, she started doing things we were horrified by. Not killing Orson, you threaten my family, you're a dead man. But going out to pick up men, and the I is for IRS episode, I still WTF!! when I watch that.  

As far as Sheryl, I don't know why she let herself be seduced by Leland, other than he's powerful enough to have that hold on her. As far as the infusions, what exactly were they doing? She never looked any different afterward. And she told Leland she had dated demons before. Was that a metaphor, or literal? 

The girls are old enough to be left alone now. Lynn is a senior in high school by now isn't she?   Even when Sheryl was supposed to be babysitting back in the early seasons, she was in the bedroom talking with Leland, not paying any attention to them, and the girls take off with that masked girl to the cemetery. Or telling Lexis to beat up the girl who pushed her, and then throwing her under the bus and lying about it.  I remember babysitting when I was 12 or so, so it isn't out of the ordinary to leave kids alone for a few hours.  

• Like 6
16 hours ago, steph369 said:

I don’t remember this, but it looks like Kristen had a glass of sorts for her margaritas at one point. Or maybe Katja was drinking margaritas in another show too. 😆

spacer.png

Ha, Kristen likes her Margaritas. 

Kristen’s motto… 

IMG_1470.thumb.jpeg.6b1b1d878c9a41e0c2bb61e818bf5892.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 7/27/2024 at 6:08 AM, Zaffy said:

The 4 daughters will do it.

I was thinking as I watched, “Let the girls at him!” They sure had control over him in that video game last season. Poor Leland was so flustered when they started jabbering at him all at once, he didn’t know which way was up.

Edited by ferjy
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Let's not forget Andy & Kristen's marriage has been a little shaky since the beginning.  She admitted in S1 she had feelings for David, and was physically attracted to him. 

This. And there was also the bit early on in the first season where Leland got a hold of her therapy sessions with Kurt, and in those sessions she also talked about how she loved her daughters and yet still sometimes wished she wasn't a mom. She's laid out who she is from the beginning - her involvement with David and Ben and interactions with Leland may have allowed her to do more things she, and we, never thought she'd do, but the basic elements of her character - her iffy devotion to her marriage, her desire to just up and leave and let her kids just go do their own thing, stuff like that - have always been there to some degree. 

• Like 2
On 7/27/2024 at 1:33 AM, ferjy said:

Which probably won't get there for 3 years, given how much TP the girls bought.  Seriously.  Those boxes hold a LOT of toilet paper.  

On 7/27/2024 at 5:08 AM, Zaffy said:

I'm rooting for the girls.  If I'd said that during season 1, you'd know I was next to be exorcised, but the girls have really grown on me.

On 7/27/2024 at 3:04 PM, WAnglais1 said:

Plus, Andy might have refused contact.  Addiction centers aren't allowed to even confirm or deny someone is there if the patient pulls their permission; I've neither/nored people that dropped off patients because the patient wouldn't sign the form that allows us to acknowledge them.  As freaked out and worried as Andy was, I could see him denying contact and pulling permission.

21 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Leaving kids in a house where demons frequently visit and knowing Leland has tried to hurt those kids is not right, especially at night. Yes they are resourceful but Kristen rarely seems to be home. 

This bugged me, too.  Especially when you add in her reaction to Sheryl at the grocery store.  Yes, I know she's deep in denial and her job is to be a skeptic, but there comes a point where you've had weirdness after weirdness and you won't even suspend the tiniest bit of disbelief?  

It seems like that bit was there just to make Kristin extra sad and guilty when Sheryl died. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I think the girls are fine on their own, but I find myself getting really distracted by the Andy situation. The marriage being over is one thing, but him being alone and thinking he tried to murder his daughter while nobody's telling the truth about that and Kristin's talking about giving two lives to the guy she really likes is just too sad to think about. And no matter what would have happened organically, the marriage has been too manipulated to say it collapsed on its own by this point.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Like 8
59 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

I think the girls are fine on their own, but I find myself getting really distracted by the Andy situation. The marriage being over is one thing, but him being alone and thinking he tried to murder his daughter while nobody's telling the truth about that and Kristin's talking about giving two lives to the guy she really likes is just too sad to think about. And no matter what would have happened organically, the marriage has been too manipulated to say it collapsed on its own by this point.

Same. I would have been a David and Kristen shipper, if the marriage was over, but I hate love triangles, and hearing her say that she wanted both lives for David, just didn't sit well with me. 

• Like 5