Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08 Season Four Finale

• Start Topic

Calling all patriots! We will not allow this stolen election to be certified tomorrow! We must stop Bob Singer’s woke anti-Supe agenda! PREPARE FOR WAR! #WhereWeGoOneWeGoVought

Premiere date: July 18, 2024

• Like 1
(edited)

Far better than expected. I wanted to see more Ashley. Did I miss what happened to her? Pretty amazing cliffhanger. A-train deserved more.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Like 6

Solid season finale. Lots of cliffhangers and cameos.

Did Butcher know he wasn't really dying?

This may be a stretch, but it looked like Ashley was turning into a man.

Who took Neuman's daughter to Red River?

• Like 3

I know there was a “we shot this way before recent events” warning but geez, that was prescient. Lots of action, plot moving along, interesting character development. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

I hate to be an ugly American, but the only building I recognize besides the White House is Britain's Parliament. What are the others?

1 hour ago, Quickbeam said:

I know there was a “we shot this way before recent events” warning but geez, that was prescient. Lots of action, plot moving along, interesting character development. 

It's weird because at the same time of course the intent was not to parallel what happened recently, but also of course the notion that the show in general isn't playing off real-world politicians seems a little tough to swallow.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Not the love sausage!!! 😭😭😭

Homelander just keeps failing up.

I need an explainer on Butcher.

The farm was the explainer on Butcher which I surmised. Remember the bunny. The bunny must have been sick and then s V'd up. It crawled off and Butcher saw tentacles shoot out of it. Maybe it was sick, I'd and then viruses. Whatever happened to the bunny happened to Butcher. Butcher was around Sameer when he was on V and in an immune compromised state; and he was on the farm. I think he was exposed. It cured him and enhanced whatever the V was already doing to the cancer.

I need an explanation on Ashley. She pulls out her hair. Her skull was growing. Is she going to be smarter than Sage? Sage is infantile in her desires even if she achieved her major outcomes.

What other normals shot up V to survive. Stan must have a stash.

• Useful 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Solid season finale. Lots of cliffhangers and cameos.

Did Butcher know he wasn't really dying?

This may be a stretch, but it looked like Ashley was turning into a man.

Who took Neuman's daughter to Red River?

I don’t think he knew he wasn’t dying. There was that moving call to Hughie, ‘tell the Boys…I’m sorry”. I’m not sure what the, but I think JDM is the V that saves him, and hints at it, but it doesn't make sense, so there is that. But I think it makes a devil’s bargain with Butcher, although it may be all in his head. 

In general Butcher broke my heart several times in this episode. Looking at Grace’s dead body. Grace meant a lot to him. She was no better than Butcher wanting to use Ryan. 

I think it was some nameless Child Support person or FBI agent delivering her to Red River. 

After the mid credit scene the episode being dedicated, I assume, to  Kripke’s father. 

So much happened. Authoritarian Fascist who always falls up—so timely. (Weeping softly) Sage reveals herself as a true puppeteer. Kimiko speaks, Annie gets a serious upgrade, Noir really is an idiot.  The Deep has a wicked punch. Firecracker is a goner. I didn’t see enough to tell what Ashley turned into but it will be interesting. 

Hughie and Annie have the best relationship, as do Frenchie :-( and Kimiko.  But Annie nd Hughie knock it out of the park in terms of conflict resolution. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 6

Great season and finale.

Finally, Neumann is dead!

The way this season finished reminded me a lot of how Gen V ended its first season. Team up for the final season? That would be fun!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

The farm was the explainer on Butcher which I surmised. Remember the bunny. The bunny must have been sick and then s V'd up. It crawled off and Butcher saw tentacles shoot out of it. Maybe it was sick, I'd and then viruses. Whatever happened to the bunny happened to Butcher. Butcher was around Sameer when he was on V and in an immune compromised state; and he was on the farm. I think he was exposed. It cured him and enhanced whatever the V was already doing to the cancer.

I need an explanation on Ashley. She pulls out her hair. Her skull was growing. Is she going to be smarter than Sage? Sage is infantile in her desires even if she achieved her major outcomes.

What other normals shot up V to survive. Stan must have a stash.

Stan knows about the virus. 

Was there anything to the plot point of Firecracker being sick?  She said it was her “medication” but seemed like a random thing to throw in, unless it was meant to show how Homelander doesn’t care about her, but we knew that.   Unless she’s somehow sick with the supe virus after all.

4 minutes ago, jcin617 said:

Was there anything to the plot point of Firecracker being sick?  She said it was her “medication” but seemed like a random thing to throw in, unless it was meant to show how Homelander doesn’t care about her, but we knew that.   Unless she’s somehow sick with the supe virus after all.

It is the meds she is taking to lactate. He is drinking her breast milk. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Soldier Boy in s 5 released by HL because Ryan doesn't luv him enough. Good golly... I did not see that. Of course HL can also throw SB at Butcher. HL may be afraid knowing what Butcher did to Newman.

• Like 1

How did Annie soar like that at the end. She has never flown that high before. Did she steal power from the other supe. Was she in a city? I was confused. Does she have so much confidence now her MOJO soared. Plot armor.

37 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

How did Annie soar like that at the end. She has never flown that high before. Did she steal power from the other supe. Was she in a city? I was confused. Does she have so much confidence now her MOJO soared. Plot armor.

Anger. When she beat up shapeshifter, anger. They took Hughie! Anger. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Affogato said:

It is the meds she is taking to lactate. He is drinking her breast milk. 

Right, but why the brief plot point of having her be sick from it?  It just seemed like it was supposed to mean something, especially as she was still sick when they were clearing out Vaught employees, but then she was fine at the end.   

5 hours ago, Affogato said:

In general Butcher broke my heart several times in this episode.

Yes, but he also said, “Where the birds get their baps out when they're bringing your ribeye.”

It’s like he’s speaking an entirely different language sometimes…

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, Affogato said:

After the mid credit scene the episode being dedicated, I assume, to  Kripke’s father. 

Thanks for this because I had stopped when credits rolled and this told me to go back. 

I got way too emotionally invested in the last 20 minutes or so of this. I love Hughie stopping the girls from going after Butcher because it'd be suicide, loved Frenchie and MM attempting to take a stand against Butcher, Kimiko and Frenchie finally getting their big epic kisses and Kimiko immediately telling Annie because, God, let the woman have some joy in her life before she manages to speak for the first time in decades because of someone brainwashing her love and taking him away, Hughie nodding at Annie to leave before she takes the most epic flight ever. Way more satisfying than I thought this season was going to end.

All right, some things I am going to need next season are an Annie/Ashley/A-Train team up to free The Boys. We can call them the A-Team. Also, Sameer and Stan Edgar getting Zoe from Red River because there's no way way they would leave her there, right? Right? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Well I guess I'm the outlier because I thought this was a terrible way to end the season. And I think it speaks to the declining interest in the show. My favorite podcasters stopped covering it because they are so sick of it.

They cannot end every season with the villains winning again. It's too depressing. And since the show is so on the nose in paralleling today's political landscape it's even worse. 

I would have been grateful if we'd been given some small hope things are looking up for the good guys. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

As usual, a lot of mixed feelings. In no particular order:

I hate that the show not just glossed over Hughie being sexually assaulted as many as 20 times, but had Starlight be mad at him for being deceived by someone she knew not only took her form but her memories, thus making it nearly impossible for him to know it was not really her.

I hate that the shifter was stupid enough to betray her true nature by using the exact same phrase as she did previously n her old form, and that she dillydallied and didn't just kill Singer immediately in the bunker. Since she was barely stopped even once she had lost the element of surprise, just walking up to Singer and snapping his neck and then running away would have been good enough. 

I hate that the recording of Singer saying that he'd ordered people to assassinate Neuman was enough for him to lose his grip on power. It might be believable but a) Neuman was a supe, who a number of people wouldn't trust and b) Neuman was a murderer and presumably Singer would have some proof of it. Or even just asserting it would probably be enough to get him off the hook or to buy some time before he gets impeached or forced to step down. I guess if one accepts the notion that Sage/Vought were greasing the skids for his downfall.

I do kind of like sassy Sage. But again, I'm not sure the sassiness is justified. How much did she do to put all this in motion and how much is she just taking credit for the outcome? After all, her shapeshifter failed to assassinate the president. She caught lucky that Butcher got powers that were enough to take Neuman out and that he in fact did. What was her contingency plan if Neuman actually took office, or started using her power against her or others?

I hate that Neuman went out like an idiot-ball carrying punk. Why would she have agreed to go on Truth Bomb with Homelander if she's still roleplaying as a non-Supe who's cracking down on Supes? Why would she trust the Boys to get her kid when a) she has her own resources b) the Boys have no reason to trust her c) the Boys have relatively little to offer her in making the rescue of Zoe happen? No organic reason that Stan Edgar's child would go all soft to the hoop, except to have that reveal of Butcher and his new powers. And that too didn't make sense. Neuman has been portrayed as a pretty big bad-ass powerwise. Not only is she a dangerous popper of heads and blood manipulator, but she also seemed largely  invulnerable. Yet Butcher has her grasped in the air for a good long time (20-30 seconds by my count) before easily ripping her apart with no apparent attempt for her to use her powers. 

I did feel a little something at the death of Grace, but come on! Why would you tell a superpowerful kid, "I'm planning to enslave you and my control mechanism is way over there!" Why not give him more free rein to let him make up his own mind? In what way would trying to force him to stay n the safehouse ever have worked? Eventually, Homelander or Vought would come looking for hm (presumably Ryan is chipped) and then bye-bye safe house. Even assuming they could keep one step of them, how are they going to get him "programmed" to want to take out Homelander starting from this posture? The second he has an opportunity, he will bail. Even assuming Ryan is willing, they can't tell how long it might be until he's strong enough to take on Homelander. (I wonder if someone has made a "Think, Ryan, think!" meme)  And Ryan, there would be no need to actually kill Grace from a real world perspective. It would be trivially easy to stun her or just superspeed out, or laser-vision the gas release button or half a dozen other things. 

• Like 2

This felt incomplete to me. Of course there will be another season, so they have to leave cliffhangers, but I wanted more. At least let us see what bald Ashley turned into! I wanted to see her take out Deep or something.

How come that guy could hold Kimiko back? Was he super-powered?

I am in it at this point to see Homelander get taken out, and they’d better not disappoint me.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Blue Plastic said:

Yes, he was Golden Boy's brother from the Gen V series.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
26 minutes ago, Blue Plastic said:

Yes, he is a Supe. 

Spoiler for the spin-off Gen V to follow.

Gen V followed Supes-in-training at Godolkin University, and the two we saw confront Frenchie and Kimiko were two of them who got put on a pedestal by Vought as "Guardians of Godolkin" even though they had given into the dark side and believe in Supe supremacy.  The girl is Cate, who can mesmerize people by  touching them. So she hypnotized Frenchie for some purpose. The boy is Sam, who has the basic suite of super-strength, invulnerability and possibly other powers. We'll see why they put the whammy of Frenchie next season, I guess. Probably to see if he can counteract the virus he helped create.

Butcher is really a disgusting idiot, playing right into Sage's plan by brutally murdering Nueman right in front of her daughter.  I hope he meets the same fate next season.  I absolutely preferred Nueman over her running mate.   

(edited)
8 hours ago, wmdekooning said:

Yes, but he also said, “Where the birds get their baps out when they're bringing your ribeye.”

Ladies... lady parts. Just like in the paintings of your namesake.

6 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Yes, he is a Supe. 

Spoiler for the spin-off Gen V to follow.

Hide contents

Gen V followed Supes-in-training at Godolkin University, and the two we saw confront Frenchie and Kimiko were two of them who got put on a pedestal by Vought as "Guardians of Godolkin" even though they had given into the dark side and believe in Supe supremacy.  The girl is Cate, who can mesmerize people by  touching them. So she hypnotized Frenchie for some purpose. The boy is Sam, who has the basic suite of super-strength, invulnerability and possibly other powers. We'll see why they put the whammy of Frenchie next season, I guess. Probably to see if he can counteract the virus he helped create.

They are being put in tek knight's prison  camps

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, jcin617 said:

Right, but why the brief plot point of having her be sick from it?  It just seemed like it was supposed to mean something, especially as she was still sick when they were clearing out Vaught employees, but then she was fine at the end.   

Set up for season 5. She is a lot like Deeps cephalopods, loyal and used badly. In Firecracker’s case deeply codependent. It won’t end well. 

i think the scene where she responds to webweaver being torn apart was telling (and similar to Victoria’s death now that I think of it).  She was horrified. There continues to be her relationship with Annie. And she is the one people tune into on the tv and internet. 

anyway, there is some story there to be told. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Hughie has so much trauma and stress, from the first episode , but people are horrified that the show doesn’t stop and really address this shapeshifter incident?   He was honest with Annie, they both trust each other. i liked that. They will get through that sooner than tek knight  

Because leading Neumann to her death, and they were very close, is worse trauma that he can’t easily resolve, since she is dead. Hughie and Annie may adopt her?

i like that the show shows Homelander use people and also how his narcissism makes him someone who can be used. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Yes, he is a Supe. 

Ah, thank you. I noticed the girl seemed to be able to control Frenchie and thought she might be kind of like Allison Hargreeves from the Umbrella Academy but didn’t understand why Kimiko seemed powerless against that guy. She didn’t seem able to put up much of a fight.

None of our protagonists seemed to be prepared for an attack they had to know would be coming.

Edited by Blue Plastic
Spelling
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, Blue Plastic said:

Ah, thank you. I noticed the girl seemed to be able to control Frenchie and thought she might be kind of like Allison Hargreeves from the Umbrella Academy but didn’t understand why Kimiko seemed powerless against that guy. She didn’t seem able to put up much of a fight.

None of our protagonists seemed to be prepared for an attack they had to know would be coming.

They thought they were escaping in the immediate confused aftermath. Someone, maybe Sage, had anticipated this in some way and even knew their potential escape type routes. I’m guessing. Alternatively Stan could have been working on this.  Shapeshifter could have passed along intel. Her main gosl in infiltrating the Boys was almost certainly not to kill Singer. At least not immediately. 

I’m blanking. Who was the supe with the hunter-seeker?

6 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:
14 hours ago, wmdekooning said:

Ladies... lady parts. Just like in the paintings of your namesake.

I knew what he meant by "birds" as it is a long used phrase, however "baps" (Typically stands for "Black American Princesses) was pretty self explanatory...

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

As usual, a lot of mixed feelings. In no particular order:

I hate that the show not just glossed over Hughie being sexually assaulted as many as 20 times, but had Starlight be mad at him for being deceived by someone she knew not only took her form but her memories, thus making it nearly impossible for him to know it was not really her.

I hate that the shifter was stupid enough to betray her true nature by using the exact same phrase as she did previously n her old form, and that she dillydallied and didn't just kill Singer immediately in the bunker. Since she was barely stopped even once she had lost the element of surprise, just walking up to Singer and snapping his neck and then running away would have been good enough. 

I hate that the recording of Singer saying that he'd ordered people to assassinate Neuman was enough for him to lose his grip on power. It might be believable but a) Neuman was a supe, who a number of people wouldn't trust and b) Neuman was a murderer and presumably Singer would have some proof of it. Or even just asserting it would probably be enough to get him off the hook or to buy some time before he gets impeached or forced to step down. I guess if one accepts the notion that Sage/Vought were greasing the skids for his downfall.

I do kind of like sassy Sage. But again, I'm not sure the sassiness is justified. How much did she do to put all this in motion and how much is she just taking credit for the outcome? After all, her shapeshifter failed to assassinate the president. She caught lucky that Butcher got powers that were enough to take Neuman out and that he in fact did. What was her contingency plan if Neuman actually took office, or started using her power against her or others?

I hate that Neuman went out like an idiot-ball carrying punk. Why would she have agreed to go on Truth Bomb with Homelander if she's still roleplaying as a non-Supe who's cracking down on Supes? Why would she trust the Boys to get her kid when a) she has her own resources b) the Boys have no reason to trust her c) the Boys have relatively little to offer her in making the rescue of Zoe happen? No organic reason that Stan Edgar's child would go all soft to the hoop, except to have that reveal of Butcher and his new powers. And that too didn't make sense. Neuman has been portrayed as a pretty big bad-ass powerwise. Not only is she a dangerous popper of heads and blood manipulator, but she also seemed largely  invulnerable. Yet Butcher has her grasped in the air for a good long time (20-30 seconds by my count) before easily ripping her apart with no apparent attempt for her to use her powers. 

I did feel a little something at the death of Grace, but come on! Why would you tell a superpowerful kid, "I'm planning to enslave you and my control mechanism is way over there!" Why not give him more free rein to let him make up his own mind? In what way would trying to force him to stay n the safehouse ever have worked? Eventually, Homelander or Vought would come looking for hm (presumably Ryan is chipped) and then bye-bye safe house. Even assuming they could keep one step of them, how are they going to get him "programmed" to want to take out Homelander starting from this posture? The second he has an opportunity, he will bail. Even assuming Ryan is willing, they can't tell how long it might be until he's strong enough to take on Homelander. (I wonder if someone has made a "Think, Ryan, think!" meme)  And Ryan, there would be no need to actually kill Grace from a real world perspective. It would be trivially easy to stun her or just superspeed out, or laser-vision the gas release button or half a dozen other things. 

I got a Sage is damaged,  mentally ill vibe. She probably had many possible avenues in which her main goals could be achieved. This was ideal but serviceable. She's a hot mess. That surprised me.

• Like 4

Originally titled "Assassination Run," the title was changed in light of current events. That would explain the opening disclaimer too. 

Sage's plan only worked because Butcher went rogue with his own agenda. Did she predict he would do that ahead of time? Seems unlikely.

I guess this show forgot that the current President is still in office until January 20. And its still January 6. Surely the current President knew Neumann was a murderer. Why wouldn't he tell the public? Does Vought own him too?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

I got a Sage is damaged,  mentally ill vibe. She probably had many possible avenues in which her main goals could be achieved. This was ideal but serviceable. She's a hot mess. That surprised me.

She did act more like when she has lobotomized herself, I thought, in this episode. But she didn’t act kind of silly like she does when lobotomized, either. Something was off.

• Like 1

All she wanted seemingly was to be given the opportunityto show what she wA capable of achieving 

HL had an objective. She achieved it. 

Treating Ashley like a dummy all season.. . They made a point of Ashley having fone to Stanford. She is nit stupid and she is not submissive. However she was made to feel that way all season. We saw the V causingvher brain to swell. Ashley Will be smarter than Sage, possibly stronger than most of them.... I am hoping for a cenobite look. She will be critical to the push back. I assume that she will find A-train, Starlight, Maeve, v her up, anyone else still out there like Marie and put together a strike force. If HL doesn't release SB she will. There's a reason we didn't see her. 

• Like 2

I was horrified by the tek knight sexual assault.

It was awful that Hughie was science fiction raped in this episode, which everyone takes very seriously because it could never happen.  The Mary Sue has an article about how awful the show is for victim blaming. I didn’t get that. 

Annie was assaulted and held prisoner and her identity was stolen and her life appropriated. She wanted to know how deeply she had been violated, and using her identity sexually is a violation, and why Hughie couldn’t tell it wasn’t her. 
both were victims but in this case her violation was profound. I do think Hughie has a lot to unpack and that she will support him, but right now it wasn’t the time.  I don’t think she was victim blaming Hughie. I think she was trying to find how deeply she had been violated. 

An I wrong?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

Ashley Will be smarter than Sage, possibly stronger than most of them.... I am hoping for a cenobite look.

I was hoping that Ashley would become like a cross between the She-Hulk and the Toxic Avenger. I didn't think about her becoming smarter, but that would be a change from the strong brute only having rage and not being too bright.

I thought V didn't work well on adults... so I'm assuming Ashlee might end up all messed up or just a tentacle monster thing like Butcher... 

6 hours ago, roctavia said:

I thought V didn't work well on adults... so I'm assuming Ashlee might end up all messed up or just a tentacle monster thing like Butcher... 

I think the tentacles are Butcher's cancer manifesting into something different from V. Cancer is our bodies cells run amuck in a growth process that can kill us. V can regenerate and restore  it changed how the cancer behaved. It's more like a venom style symbiote riding with him. 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 10:42 PM, iMonrey said:

I thought this was a terrible way to end the season. And I think it speaks to the declining interest in the show.

There were a lot of unsatisfying developments - and bad writing - for a season ending episode:

• Sage taking credit for all the coincidences she had no knowledge or control of.
  • The Shapeshifter suddenly having super strength and invulnerability to bullets.
  • Kimiko, a lifelong fighter, suddenly not having additional strength and easily taken out in a hand-to-hand match-up.
  • Butcher going from deathbed weakness to octo-posse savior. 
  • Ryan disappearing and showing up wherever the plot needs him to be. (A 12-year-old who can fly but prefers to mope.)
  • Hughie's trauma of enjoyable mistaken sex can take a backseat to Neumann's daughter having her mother literally being ripped apart in front of her.
On 7/18/2024 at 10:42 PM, iMonrey said:

They cannot end every season with the villains winning again. It's too depressing.

The good guys on this show are not very inspirational. The whole vibe of the show is that all people are broken emotional timebombs easily corrupted by money and power. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Well this finale pretty much confirms that everything would've been way better off if they'd just let Soldier Boy fry Homelander and Ryan back in season 3, even if it'd cause additional (unspecified) collateral damage. I think a lot of us saw that coming, too.

I was never a huge fan of Ryan to begin with, and that hasn't changed. I'm sick of his flip-flopping and I don't find him compelling or enjoyable enough to be invested in what side he ultimately lands on. How many more murders does this brat get to commit before the narrative finally stops trying to persuade us to care about him? Overpowered kid in non-kid media is still one of my least-favorite character archetypes.

Looking forward to Soldier Boy's return for sure! I only hope he gets to remain a wild card rather than a puppet of one side or another.

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Like 5
(edited)

Two of the last three episodes were really good, salvaging what would have been a mediocre season.  The finale was fast-paced with some good action, and some nice twists thrown in.  Farewell, Victoria.  I can only imagine what this is doing to Zoe (and that is my one knock on this episode for being extremely insensitive; you shouldn't be killing mothers horrifically in front of their daughters for shock value).  And Ashley...I actually had been waiting for that to happen.  Yes, Annie, forgive Hughie.  He was cheating on you with ...uh... you.  I was waiting for "What do I have that I don't have?"  Ryan's offing Grace was brutal and goes to show that this kid is so messed up in the head you can't predict where he'll land.  So Sage masterminded this whole coup for Homelander.  At least according to her, so...sure, writers.  Yeah, the Boys are in serious trouble at the end, but there are at least three major wildcards in play for next season - Ashley, Ryan, and Butcher (now fully V'd-out).

Edited by Dobian
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Dobian said:

but there are at least three major wildcards in play for next season - Ashley, Ryan, and Butcher (now fully V'd-out).

I would throw Soldier Boy in there as well depending on what it is he likes about America.

• Like 4
On 7/21/2024 at 10:03 AM, BabySpinach said:

Well this finale pretty much confirms that everything would've been way better off if they'd just let Soldier Boy fry Homelander and Ryan back in season 3, even if it'd cause additional (unspecified) collateral damage. I think a lot of us saw that coming, too.

I was never a huge fan of Ryan to begin with, and that hasn't changed. I'm sick of his flip-flopping and I don't find him compelling or enjoyable enough to be invested in what side he ultimately lands on. How many more murders does this brat get to commit before the narrative finally stops trying to persuade us to care about him? Overpowered kid in non-kid media is still one of my least-favorite character archetypes.

Looking forward to Soldier Boy's return for sure! I only hope he gets to remain a wild card rather than a puppet of one side or another.

Ryan is the personification of all of us innocents caught in the middle. Trying to make moral choices, trying to not be used or manipulated, often failing miserably. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

You can really tell that we are heading into the endgame, this is clearly our Empire Strikes Back. All the good guys have been captured except for Annie, Homelander has taken over the government, Butcher has gone off the deep end, characters are dying left and right, the status quo has finally been destroyed. This shake up is really what the show needed, its been spinning its wheels for way too long, it needed this big bang of drama, even if its another "the bad guy wins" season finale. 

Could we please just not let Hughie get sexually assaulted next season? After three episodes in a row? Annie was pretty harsh towards him but I am willing to cut her some slack considering how much she was going through, I would like to think that they would have had more time to unpack their massive trauma if everything wasn't falling apart. 

Of course Frenchie and Kimiko finally get together and it ends like this. Congratulations Kimiko, you overcame your old trauma and heartbreak by getting some brand new trauma and heartbreak! 

Come on Grace, you thought that unloading all of that life alternating information on an unstable superpowered child was going to end well?

I did end up feeling some sympathy for Victoria, especially now that Zoey is back at the same place that helped mess Victoria up and was the place she never wanted Zoey to end up. 

I'm pumped for Soldier Boy to possibly come back, hopefully they use him better this time. They did him dirty!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 5
22 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

You can really tell that we are heading into the endgame, this is clearly our Empire Strikes Back. All the good guys have been captured except for Annie, Homelander has taken over the government, Butcher has gone off the deep end, characters are dying left and right, the status quo has finally been destroyed. This shake up is really what the show needed, its been spinning its wheels for way too long, it needed this big bang of drama, even if its another "the bad guy wins" season finale. 

Could we please just not let Hughie get sexually assaulted next season? After three episodes in a row? Annie was pretty harsh towards him but I am willing to cut her some slack considering how much she was going through, I would like to think that they would have had more time to unpack their massive trauma if everything wasn't falling apart. 

Of course Frenchie and Kimiko finally get together and it ends like this. Congratulations Kimiko, you overcame your old trauma and heartbreak by getting some brand new trauma and heartbreak! 

Come on Grace, you thought that unloading all of that life alternating information on an unstable superpowered child was going to end well?

I did end up feeling some sympathy for Victoria, especially now that Zoey is back at the same place that helped mess Victoria up and was the place she never wanted Zoey to end up. 

I'm pumped for Soldier Boy to possibly come back, hopefully they use him better this time. They did him dirty!

It's definitely a set up for the endgame. Well put. I love your analogy.

A-train is also out there and he has proven to be a solid ally.  They spent the season demonstrating that Ashley and A-train have a relationship built on some kind of trust; I add her to to team ",Boys". She wasn't shown. Her new powers are going to be interesting and I think she will be a match for Sage. She also carried off a stash of V imo.

Butcher is rogue and has the virus.

Will the Boys be locked up with Marie and friends.

Who frees SB. Homelander looked very emotional. SB lived through WW2. His take on HL's plan ... that could be interesting.

Looking forward to how Gen V develops the storyline 

• Like 1

Was finally able to finish this season of The Boys. However, I wasn't planning on watching Gen V. Is this going to be a situation like the MCU where they expect you to have seen all the movies and TV series in order to be current on what's canon? (Or what's no longer canon.) That's what killed the MCU for me because I couldn't keep up with it. Sure hope The Boys isn't making the same mistake.

10 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was finally able to finish this season of The Boys. However, I wasn't planning on watching Gen V. Is this going to be a situation like the MCU where they expect you to have seen all the movies and TV series in order to be current on what's canon? (Or what's no longer canon.) That's what killed the MCU for me because I couldn't keep up with it. Sure hope The Boys isn't making the same mistake.

Yes, Prime Video (and other streaming services) wants you to have a reason not to cancel your subscription when your favorite TV Show is not airing so they try to create links and franchises with their popular series. Most people are not going to wait for two years for a new season of their favorite show.

• Like 2