Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I’m with ya @Christina87.  It is grating.  Like the schmoopies from Seinfeld. But it appears that Chelsea and Cole get fixated on certain things and go ALL IN.   Like the deer / hunter theme, cammo, lumberjack, American flag.....we get it already! 

Hahaha yes! That's what happens when two of those personality types meet. I was looking through Chelsea's old Instagram pics yesterday (don't ask me why...I was bored lol), and I couldn't believe how long she really was wearing the leopard print / Snooki look. She really did dress like that right up to the point where she met Cole, and then completely flipped! I do think she totally changed her look for him, like jenelle did, but I also think it's just her personality. When two people who go ALL IN on things meet, that seems the likely result (unless Cole had started wearing leopard print, LOL!). Jenelle doesn't have that personality, and probably is a chameleon because she's so insecure. Not gonna lie...Cole's flag apparel genuinely brings a smile to my face. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 3

I totally agree about the perfect thing. I’m glad they are happy but it’s annoying he calls her perfect and almost weird kind of. Nobody is perfect and it would annoy me if I was Chelsea. He constantly says it too. I sound like a bitter bitch but whatever lol.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I'm so tired of "my perfect wife." Nobody is perfect. Why can't he say "perfect for me?" That would actually be sweet. That would imply you have a one-of-kind bond and can't imagine a better one. Saying a PERSON is "perfect" ALL THE DAMN TIME is cheesy at best and annoying / untrue at worst, because nobody is perfect. Plus he needs a thesaurus. I get what he's trying to say, and I'm glad he loves her so much, but I just really believe word choice matters. I would never tell anyone, for instance, "I will love you forever" unless I'm 100% sure I can deliver on that. There are a lot of words out there that convey someone being a good person better than "perfect." Sorry, just a big fan of words being used properly. And get off my lawn!

And anyone who thinks I'm bashing them, I really am happy they've been married for two years. I just think he needs a "dam" thesaurus. It's just like the people who use "in love with my bestfriend" on every single post. Just grating!

Ha! I feel the same way about the word “awesome.” Just no.

1 hour ago, Marley said:

I totally agree about the perfect thing. I’m glad they are happy but it’s annoying he calls her perfect and almost weird kind of. Nobody is perfect and it would annoy me if I was Chelsea. He constantly says it too. I sound like a bitter bitch but whatever lol.

I had a bf who said that I was perfect once (early on!) and I very quickly corrected him. He then amended it to “perfect for me.”

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

had a bf who said that I was perfect once (early on!) and I very quickly corrected him. He then amended it to “perfect for me.”

I'm pretty sure that's what most people mean when they say their significant other is perfect. My man is not at all perfect but he's damn perfect for me. 30 years on May 15th so he must be perfect for me. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Mkay said:

Cute baby, between the Duggars and Chelsea, is this the new trend with head attire?  The duggars had the fake pigtails, now Ginger has her new baby in a damned turbin, and now I see this.  I always am not a fan of new parents documenting every year of their kids aging laying on the floor next to a slate.  Same with the pregnancy progress with also said slates   Just weird, to me, but I'm a crabby old bat today.

• Love 2

The head attire is a huge thing now. I had a hard time choosing newborn photos because the bows, poses, and props are all SO over the top to me. Don't get me started on gender reveal parties complete with gifts and cakes- I'm a curmudgeon.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Thorkim said:

Cute baby, between the Duggars and Chelsea, is this the new trend with head attire?  The duggars had the fake pigtails, now Ginger has her new baby in a damned turbin, and now I see this.  I always am not a fan of new parents documenting every year of their kids aging laying on the floor next to a slate.  Same with the pregnancy progress with also said slates   Just weird, to me, but I'm a crabby old bat today.

Chalkboard/slate baby pictures = basic bitch.?

• Love 6
On 9/30/2018 at 7:50 PM, FairyDusted said:

Number 4 by the finale! Surprise ! LOL! 

And it will for sure be a "miracle baby," conceived when they weren't trying/a doctor allegedly said she might have trouble getting pregnant/her IUD fell out/etc....because that's how Teen Mom franchise stars roll. 

• Love 17
On 10/1/2018 at 1:16 PM, Christina87 said:

I'm so tired of "my perfect wife." Nobody is perfect. Why can't he say "perfect for me?" That would actually be sweet. That would imply you have a one-of-kind bond and can't imagine a better one. Saying a PERSON is "perfect" ALL THE DAMN TIME is cheesy at best and annoying / untrue at worst, because nobody is perfect. Plus he needs a thesaurus. I get what he's trying to say, and I'm glad he loves her so much, but I just really believe word choice matters. I would never tell anyone, for instance, "I will love you forever" unless I'm 100% sure I can deliver on that. There are a lot of words out there that convey someone being a good person better than "perfect." Sorry, just a big fan of words being used properly. And get off my lawn!

And anyone who thinks I'm bashing them, I really am happy they've been married for two years. I just think he needs a "dam" thesaurus. It's just like the people who use "in love with my bestfriend" on every single post. Just grating!

I think it is very normal for couples to say their person is the best or perfect, meaning they know that is their personal opinion—not that everyone else will feel the same way. And as for saying I will love you forever I think you might feel differently about that when with the person you plan to be with forever. Because for many people they know they will. We say things like that in our anniversary cards every year because we are married and have every plan and intention to remain in love. We aren’t going to be cautious about what we say as a longtime married couple. I guess I am saying let people that care for each other say how they feel. They aren’t saying it for you or others even though it is on their social media. They are saying it to each other. Personally I find it nice. There is plenty of hate in this world. A happy couple makes me happy. 

• Love 18

I would not have used the term "giving me the life I always dreamed about" because that takes away any personal responsibility on my part to be a creator/co-creator in my life. It puts all the burden on Cole to "make" her happy and "give" her things she wants.     I would have put something like,  "thank you for sharing the life I've always wanted with me."   But I'm being nitpicky cause this is an internet forum where we can be nitpicky.  Overall, I'm really happy for her that she's happy and I think they are a cute couple with a cute family.

• Love 8

Chelsea always used to make comments about wanting a father for Aubree so they could finally be a "real" family, so her view has always been "life isn't complete unless there's a man in the picture." Sad as it is, but I don't think it's just a poorly worded caption, she truly believes she had no life before Cole; never mind the fact that she was the one making six figures, owning a house and supporting her child, not him.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, alexa said:

I think it is very normal for couples to say their person is the best or perfect, meaning they know that is their personal opinion—not that everyone else will feel the same way. And as for saying I will love you forever I think you might feel differently about that when with the person you plan to be with forever. Because for many people they know they will. We say things like that in our anniversary cards every year because we are married and have every plan and intention to remain in love. We aren’t going to be cautious about what we say as a longtime married couple. I guess I am saying let people that care for each other say how they feel. They aren’t saying it for you or others even though it is on their social media. They are saying it to each other. Personally I find it nice. There is plenty of hate in this world. A happy couple makes me happy. 

I think they are kind of saying it to us, though, if it's on social media. If he just said it in private, we wouldn't know about it. And yes, obviously what I said about loving someone forever doesn't apply to married couples. I would be really free with my words if married! At least if you divorce, it was not the plan. Unless you're engaged, being married isn't specifically the plan if dating someone; it's a toss up whether you will get married or break up, with a strong possibility of each outcome. I felt very sure my last boyfriend was the one, and I would have happily loved him forever, but I still didn't make promises like that. I did end up having to break up with him because he didn't want a family, and I would have felt so much worse if I had made big promises. Now, I would say things like, "I want to love you forever" or "I hope we're together forever." If you break up then, it wasn't exactly a promise, and I know I have been mad at many a guy who dumped me at how carelessly he promised me forever and used words like "perfect" and implied we would never, ever break up. I guess I just make a big deal out of words because I remember reading an article as a teen that made this point, and it stuck with me. I've always been a writer, too. I just always try to find the absolute BEST word to use, and "perfect" rarely makes the cut, in almost every situation. I'm a really loving person, and say very nice things to people, but I avoid like the plague making comments that could potentially come back to haunt people later. I say the sappiest things ever to my family, and can't wait to finally have a husband so I can spoil him like crazy with words! Words have a lot of power! I know not everyone is like me, though! There are probably hurtful things that I do that others would think to avoid. 

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Chelsea always used to make comments about wanting a father for Aubree so they could finally be a "real" family, so her view has always been "life isn't complete unless there's a man in the picture." Sad as it is, but I don't think it's just a poorly worded caption, she truly believes she had no life before Cole; never mind the fact that she was the one making six figures, owning a house and supporting her child, not him.

I agree. The cynical part of me definitely thought, "hold the phone! He's not 'giving' you this life! You are making six figures, and you're creating this life together! You are bringing in money together. You are parenting together." He didn't "give" her a family, either; she already had a family with Aubree. Obviously Cole has added a lot to her life, but she didn't exactly start out with nothing. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I think they are kind of saying it to us, though, if it's on social media. If he just said it in private, we wouldn't know about it. And yes, obviously what I said about loving someone forever doesn't apply to married couples. I would be really free with my words if married! At least if you divorce, it was not the plan. Unless you're engaged, being married isn't specifically the plan if dating someone; it's a toss up whether you will get married or break up, with a strong possibility of each outcome. I felt very sure my last boyfriend was the one, and I would have happily loved him forever, but I still didn't make promises like that. I did end up having to break up with him because he didn't want a family, and I would have felt so much worse if I had made big promises. Now, I would say things like, "I want to love you forever" or "I hope we're together forever." If you break up then, it wasn't exactly a promise, and I know I have been mad at many a guy who dumped me at how carelessly he promised me forever and used words like "perfect" and implied we would never, ever break up. I guess I just make a big deal out of words because I remember reading an article as a teen that made this point, and it stuck with me. I've always been a writer, too. I just always try to find the absolute BEST word to use, and "perfect" rarely makes the cut, in almost every situation. I'm a really loving person, and say very nice things to people, but I avoid like the plague making comments that could potentially come back to haunt people later. I say the sappiest things ever to my family, and can't wait to finally have a husband so I can spoil him like crazy with words! Words have a lot of power! I know not everyone is like me, though! There are probably hurtful things that I do that others would think to avoid. 

I agree. The cynical part of me definitely thought, "hold the phone! He's not 'giving' you this life! You are making six figures, and you're creating this life together! You are bringing in money together. You are parenting together." He didn't "give" her a family, either; she already had a family with Aubree. Obviously Cole has added a lot to her life, but she didn't exactly start out with nothing. 

Well, I think we are just on completely different pages, lol.  I am analytical about many things, but not about this kind of stuff.  And you are very analytical about this kind of thing.  I guess I just see a couple that is happy, have chosen the words they want to use to tell each other they love each other, and I am good with that.  Life is too complicated in other ways--I just want to take the happy, easy things like this and roll with it.  But I get it--if you are a word person in the way you describe you are going to have opinions on what was said.  I guess on the other hand though, isn't it is nice to just let things go and keep the simple things simple sometimes?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, alexa said:

Well, I think we are just on completely different pages, lol.  I am analytical about many things, but not about this kind of stuff.  And you are very analytical about this kind of thing.  I guess I just see a couple that is happy, have chosen the words they want to use to tell each other they love each other, and I am good with that.  Life is too complicated in other ways--I just want to take the happy, easy things like this and roll with it.  But I get it--if you are a word person in the way you describe you are going to have opinions on what was said.  I guess on the other hand though, isn't it is nice to just let things go and keep the simple things simple sometimes?

I think it's fine to keep simple things simple sometimes, but there is such a deep emotional impact when a guy you're crazy about, and have been with a year or so, says, "no way will I ever let you go. I'm definitely going to be with you forever!" You feel giddy with such a strong statement, like you finally have that deep security and know for SURE he sees you as wife material, and everything is right with the world. That's not something easily forgotten when he leaves six months later because the "spark is gone." If you are analytical in this way, you can replay that hundreds of times, trying to analyze if he truly meant it at the time...and if so, why didn't he propose then? What changed his mind? How could he feel so strongly and six months later want to leave, even though nothing bad happened? I've been in that position several times, and you can drive yourself crazy asking questions like that. 

Of course, if someone proclaims, "hot dogs will always be my favorite food!" and then a year later they say their favorite food is pizza, whatever. It's not really an emotionally high impact moment that could hurt somebody. 

You can also say things that involve forever to a boyfriend, like, "I will always think of you when I hear this song!" That doesn't actually require being together forever, and probably is true. Of course, all this is JMO.

Since this is the way I'm analytical, I tend to err on the side of caution and be careful how I phrase things. You can get the sentiment across 99% of the time without timeless promises. However, a lot of people aren't like that, and it's fine. I do wish the average person would at least consider it, especially if they're not 100% sure about somebody, but if you're married, I'd say throw caution to the wind. Also throw caution to the wind with your family members and for the most part, friends. I have one friend who has been my best friend since kindergarten, and I know without a doubt we will never stop being best friends. If there was a BFF marriage, we would be BFF married! I'll say, "you'll always be my best friend!" to her. To others, I would say, "you'll always be one of my closest friends in my heart, even if life drifts us apart sometimes," or a similar sentiment.

I know that if my best friend moved to France, we would find a way to still call each other as much as possible, and have some sort of meaningful, personal communication daily. I would also make it a priority to visit her as much as my schedule and finances allowed. With other people I consider my best friends, I would keep up on Facebook, and maybe plan one big trip of a lifetime to see them, but would meet other people to take their immediate place in my life. That is the difference to me!

I know most people aren't like me, but I think you can express strong emotions while also being careful what you say. I want to be engaged or married so I can totally let my hair down, but even then, I would never call someone "perfect" on social media because it's just not true. I would say "the perfect husband" or "perfect for me," but I'm way too analytical with words to say, "my perfect husband."

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 3
On 10/3/2018 at 3:17 PM, Christina87 said:

I think it's fine to keep simple things simple sometimes, but there is such a deep emotional impact when a guy you're crazy about, and have been with a year or so, says, "no way will I ever let you go. I'm definitely going to be with you forever!" You feel giddy with such a strong statement, like you finally have that deep security and know for SURE he sees you as wife material, and everything is right with the world. That's not something easily forgotten when he leaves six months later because the "spark is gone." If you are analytical in this way, you can replay that hundreds of times, trying to analyze if he truly meant it at the time...and if so, why didn't he propose then? What changed his mind? How could he feel so strongly and six months later want to leave, even though nothing bad happened? I've been in that position several times, and you can drive yourself crazy asking questions like that. 

Of course, if someone proclaims, "hot dogs will always be my favorite food!" and then a year later they say their favorite food is pizza, whatever. It's not really an emotionally high impact moment that could hurt somebody. 

You can also say things that involve forever to a boyfriend, like, "I will always think of you when I hear this song!" That doesn't actually require being together forever, and probably is true. Of course, all this is JMO.

Since this is the way I'm analytical, I tend to err on the side of caution and be careful how I phrase things. You can get the sentiment across 99% of the time without timeless promises. However, a lot of people aren't like that, and it's fine. I do wish the average person would at least consider it, especially if they're not 100% sure about somebody, but if you're married, I'd say throw caution to the wind. Also throw caution to the wind with your family members and for the most part, friends. I have one friend who has been my best friend since kindergarten, and I know without a doubt we will never stop being best friends. If there was a BFF marriage, we would be BFF married! I'll say, "you'll always be my best friend!" to her. To others, I would say, "you'll always be one of my closest friends in my heart, even if life drifts us apart sometimes," or a similar sentiment.

I know that if my best friend moved to France, we would find a way to still call each other as much as possible, and have some sort of meaningful, personal communication daily. I would also make it a priority to visit her as much as my schedule and finances allowed. With other people I consider my best friends, I would keep up on Facebook, and maybe plan one big trip of a lifetime to see them, but would meet other people to take their immediate place in my life. That is the difference to me!

I know most people aren't like me, but I think you can express strong emotions while also being careful what you say. I want to be engaged or married so I can totally let my hair down, but even then, I would never call someone "perfect" on social media because it's just not true. I would say "the perfect husband" or "perfect for me," but I'm way too analytical with words to say, "my perfect husband."

I get where you come from 100%.  FFS.  If I was real life friends with Cole I’d be making fun of him so hard based off his SM posts.  And I’m a romantic at heart (seriously I’m 10000% Charlotte).  If I was real life friends with Chelsea I’d be rolling my eyes too.  And I would probably call her out on it too.  I wonder sometime how Chelsea Grace can deal with it all.  I’m sure the paycheck helps.  PS I do know someone who lives in the same town as Chelsea.  It is a remote work ship, so it took me a while to fess up and admit that I watch(ed) this show.  He said yah I know of her, and I’ve seen her about town. she wears A LOT OF MAKE UP and never looks natural. He is a 40 something dad who would have no opinion on her either way so I found that humorous.  Like honest I was embarrass to ask.

• Love 5
On 10/2/2018 at 2:35 PM, Lm2162 said:

The head attire is a huge thing now. I had a hard time choosing newborn photos because the bows, poses, and props are all SO over the top to me. Don't get me started on gender reveal parties complete with gifts and cakes- I'm a curmudgeon.

Yes! We have friends who are having a gender reveal party this weekend for their second (his third) kid. And here's the kicker--they already know the gender. They waited to find out before deciding on having the party. 

• Love 7

Is Chelsea's little Layne the first non-miracle baby of the series? The number of these ladies who can overcome all of their issues and repeatedly get knocked up is astronomical. 

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, Birdee said:

Yes! We have friends who are having a gender reveal party this weekend for their second (his third) kid. And here's the kicker--they already know the gender. They waited to find out before deciding on having the party. 

Do people bring gifts to gender reveal parties? Is she having a baby shower and sip and see too?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I get where you come from 100%.  FFS.  If I was real life friends with Cole I’d be making fun of him so hard based off his SM posts.  And I’m a romantic at heart (seriously I’m 10000% Charlotte).  If I was real life friends with Chelsea I’d be rolling my eyes too.  And I would probably call her out on it too.  I wonder sometime how Chelsea Grace can deal with it all.  I’m sure the paycheck helps.  PS I do know someone who lives in the same town as Chelsea.  It is a remote work ship, so it took me a while to fess up and admit that I watch(ed) this show.  He said yah I know of her, and I’ve seen her about town. she wears A LOT OF MAKE UP and never looks natural. He is a 40 something dad who would have no opinion on her either way so I found that humorous.  Like honest I was embarrass to ask.

Ahhhhhh that is soooooo interesting!!!! I would definitely have a hard time fessing up to that too. I wish he knew her personally! It would be very interesting. 

Idk how Chelsea grace stands it, but you know who probably DOES have a hard time standing it? Britnee! Can you imagine having your husband publicly outed as a pedophile during your pregnancy, while your BFF can't stop bragging about having the PERRRRFFFFEEEECT HUSBAND who wants to impregnate her with PERRRRFFFREECT BABIESSSZZZZ over and over again?! I would think Chelsea would be sensitive to this after adam; I can't see her reacting well to her friends bragging about their significant others while she was sobbing about him. it's tasteless IMO to brag so much when you have friends who are single or in bad situations (which everybody would). Yes, your friends should be happy for you, and I totally get showing some appreciation on birthdays or anniversaries or whatever, but this constant stream of gloating could really not be what your down-in-the-dumps friends need to hear every single day. 

Chelsea totally was the type of kid who would have played youth sports and could barely dribble a basketball, but was seething with jealousy over the girl who got to play point guard (the "glamour position" of elementary sports, because it takes like ten years for them to dribble across the court, and all eyes are on them). I could see her hating every time the point guard brought it up. Then, Randy would have complained until the coach let Chelsea be the point guard, and then she would have constantly been going around saying, "come see me in the game on Saturday! I'm playing POINT GUARD!" Or her friends would be talking about basketball, and she'd go up to them and say, "I know all about basketball because I'm the POINT GUARD now!" If someone brought up that she used to play forward, she would get super defensive. IMO this is how her bragging seems to me; she seems the type to take disappointment poorly, and then throw it in everyone's face when she gets what she wants. I knew plenty of girls like this in sports, and I would hazard to guess that they probably brag about their husbands now.

And I have wondered time and time again how coleyyyyy works with mostly guys and doesn't get made fun of from now to next Friday! They MUST just have no interest in the show and not watch, or follow him on social media. Seriously, can you imagine construction guys taking their coworker seriously after he is said babytalking on TV, "I wannnna put a babyyyy in yooouuuu snookems," or agreeing with all her "family planning" babytalk questions. I know some people have grand delusions of Cole having a fancy office job, but Randy himself said a few months ago that Cole hangs up heavy interstate signs, so he MUST be working with men. I literally have no idea how he's not the total laughingstock! I could definitely see him being the hero if he were a kindergarten teacher, where all his coworkers were women and fawned all over his romantic gestures and sweetness. He could get so much adoration in a crowd like that!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 3
On 10/5/2018 at 9:48 AM, druzy said:

Do people bring gifts to gender reveal parties? Is she having a baby shower and sip and see too?

Maybe? Luckily one of my staff called in sick today so I'm working and won't be able to answer with first hand knowledge. There will be a baby shower later. I would be 0% surprised if there was a Sip and See as well. Basically, the mom is as extra as guacamole.

• Love 7

Eh, I can’t snark too much on Chelsea. She may be “basic” but she seems happy. I don’t think she is exceptional in any way, but she seems relatively harmless. Now, if the other women in the franchise weren’t so dysfunctional, there would be plenty of little things to for me to snark about— but the others make her seem like Mary Poppins in comparison.

In past early seasons, her whining and obsession with Adam did bug me— as did the enigma that was her hair. She appears to have dealt with those issues, lol.

Cole seems good-hearted and seems to treat Chelsea well. As goofy as he can be, I wouldn’t mind him for a son-in-law (my daughter has dated some real “winners”) and as a father to my grandchildren. Ymmv.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, druzy said:

*eyeroll* Baby Layne would be fine wrapped in a bed sheet from Walmart. I doubt Baby Layne has any idea as to what she likes or dislikes at this point in her life, nor can she articulate her preferences, but I respect the hustle. If people offered me money to hawk overpriced shit on Instagram, I probably wouldn't say no either.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4
On 8/29/2018 at 3:19 PM, FlowerofCarnage said:

Aubree, Watson and Layne...sounds like a lawfirm. Lol

Wayyyyy better than the stripper lineup a lot of the other names sound like!

On 8/29/2018 at 4:51 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

The first & middle name said together sounds like an Italian last name. "Hey! There goes Tony Laynettie!". 

Lol! You’re right. The names together aren’t good. 

On 8/30/2018 at 1:23 PM, heatherchandler said:

I do not think it is a good name, but you are right - better than Lux!  Although, anything is better than Lux.

What about Nova? Even Novalee? It’s a toss up for me. ? 

On 8/31/2018 at 6:20 AM, Farmfam said:

Maybe I live in a hole, but I know several people with the name “Layne” male and female and they are all spelled the same. I’ve never seen or  heard of the name spelled like the street...

I only remember Laine, Stacey’s snobby NYC bestie from The Babysitter’s Club books. I kinda like the name Laine so Layne is ok, it’s just that middle name that ruins it for me.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:21 PM, druzy said:

“Apart” though? How does that even look correct to people? I see that mistake so often. It means the opposite of “a part” nearly, dammit! (I wouldn’t let this go no matter who posted it so I had to!) Also, *girl’s* !

On 9/15/2018 at 9:23 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Ehhh I don’t think so. Paislee is pretty young still (turning 6 this year?) and she was never particularly close to Adam in a physical or emotional way. 

Didn’t he have 50/50 custody of Paislee at one point? I was actually under the impression he saw and was involved with Paislee more than Aubree until last year or so. If you go to his Instagram, which hasn’t been updated in years, there are several pics of him with her (and Aubree). I know he sucks complete ass but still I can’t help but feel a little bad for Paislee, even if it’s ultimately for the best.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:19 PM, BitterApple said:

Cute baby, but the skull picture is creepy.

It is. Weird too.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:48 AM, druzy said:

What the hell is a sip and see? I’m so thankful my friends are too classy to do any of this shit, except the normal shower for the first kid!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Eh, I can’t snark too much on Chelsea. She may be “basic” but she seems happy. I don’t think she is exceptional in any way, but she seems relatively harmless. Now, if the other women in the franchise weren’t so dysfunctional, there would be plenty of little things to for me to snark about— but the others make her seem like Mary Poppins in comparison.

In past early seasons, her whining and obsession with Adam did bug me— as did the enigma that was her hair. She appears to have dealt with those issues, lol.

Cole seems good-hearted and seems to treat Chelsea well. As goofy as he can be, I wouldn’t mind him for a son-in-law (my daughter has dated some real “winners”) and as a father to my grandchildren. Ymmv.

I agree, they are basic descent people, compared to these train wrecks they are superstars. 

I also agree with @Christina87, I think Chelsea likes to think Cole came along and “saved her”(and Aubree) by allowing her to fulfill her fantasies of a heteronormative lifestyle. Chelsea was always “waiting” for a guy like Cole to show up, and rescue her, rather than rescuing her damn self. 

Just now, Rebecca said:

Didn’t he have 50/50 custody of Paislee at one point? I was actually under the impression he saw and was involved with Paislee more than Aubree until last year or so.

It was my understanding that his “custody” was on paper because Paislee’s mom didn’t have money to fight him in court. I could be wrong. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

It was my understanding that his “custody” was on paper because Paislee’s mom didn’t have money to fight him in court. I could be wrong. 

Ah, so he had it but didn’t use it much, is what you’re saying? That’s actually worse, somehow, than just not having custody. The best thing about TM2 is his absence (and David’s).

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Ah, so he had it but didn’t use it much, is what you’re saying? That’s actually worse, somehow, than just not having custody. The best thing about TM2 is his absence (and David’s).

Yes. Or schedule and cancel etc. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Rebecca said:

What the hell is a sip and see? I’m so thankful my friends are too classy to do any of this shit, except the normal shower for the first kid!

A sip and see is after the baby is born, you all come over and see the baby.  It’s very southern, I think.  I’ve gone to ones where the “sip” was tea (boo) or champagne (yay), but I don’t remember bringing a gift.  Usually these are the same group that would have been to a baby shower before the baby was born.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, druzy said:

Super cute video, but is it me or does Chelsea's new house look exactly like her old house? Same flooring, same paint colors, same molding. I'm surprised she didn't go for something a bit more updated.

• Love 1
On 10/5/2018 at 9:23 AM, Birdee said:

Is Chelsea's little Layne the first non-miracle baby of the series? The number of these ladies who can overcome all of their issues and repeatedly get knocked up is astronomical. 

Ha! Well Chelsea never claimed Watson was a miracle, and I don’t recall Leah pulling the “miracle baby” card. I think that’s distinctly a Maci & Kailyn phenomenon. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ha! Well Chelsea never claimed Watson was a miracle, and I don’t recall Leah pulling the “miracle baby” card. I think that’s distinctly a Maci & Kailyn phenomenon. 

I do remember Chelsea's IUD miraculously "falling out". Right before she slept with Adam (and apparently couldn't figure out how to use another method of birth control. She got very lucky! I doubt Adam was aware of the IUD situation either.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I do remember Chelsea's IUD miraculously "falling out". Right before she slept with Adam (and apparently couldn't figure out how to use another method of birth control. She got very lucky! I doubt Adam was aware of the IUD situation either.

Yup that’s true. But she didn’t claim any of her kids (including Aubree) were “miracles”.....she is very lucky she didn’t have a second child with Adam, if so she would’ve spent another 5yrs hung up on him. 

• Love 9

Eh I don't mind that they stayed with the same basic colors. She got to re use her rugs, curtains , lamps whatever. I did accent walls in a few in mine to flow into with some older but still in great condition stuff. I spent my money updating the kitchens.

Those kids are damn cute. 

• Love 9

Here’s the thing.  Chelsea ended up on a show called 16 & pregnant for a reason.  Yes she has “moved on” (questionable in my opinions, she found a working man to take care of her besides daddy).  BUT.  I would like to know the whole story.  And we are never going to get that.  She has been paid A LOT of money.  I want to know how / why at 16 she got roped into bad boy Adam.  I’d also like to know why Mary and Randy divorced and what impact that had on the bringing up of Chelsea etc.  She is not the only teen mom in that brood.  She only looks good because she is on this disinter of a show.  Put me next to her and I could shine, as many of us moms could.  Alas we won’t get a paycheck to be basic.  Just saying we have never got the whole 411 on the whole story.  And sorry not sorry,  “the family doesn’t want to be filmed” isn’t an excuse when 9 years later you are still putting your family on TV, SM, etc and gettin PAID.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Here’s the thing.  Chelsea ended up on a show called 16 & pregnant for a reason.  Yes she has “moved on” (questionable in my opinions, she found a working man to take care of her besides daddy).  BUT.  I would like to know the whole story.  And we are never going to get that.  She has been paid A LOT of money.  I want to know how / why at 16 she got roped into bad boy Adam.  I’d also like to know why Mary and Randy divorced and what impact that had on the bringing up of Chelsea etc.  She is not the only teen mom in that brood.  She only looks good because she is on this disinter of a show.  Put me next to her and I could shine, as many of us moms could.  Alas we won’t get a paycheck to be basic.  Just saying we have never got the whole 411 on the whole story.  And sorry not sorry,  “the family doesn’t want to be filmed” isn’t an excuse when 9 years later you are still putting your family on TV, SM, etc and gettin PAID.

I do agree that Chelsea story is very 'edited', so to speak, and that she is not better then any of the other girls for selling out her children's privacy for a paycheck, just as they all do and get rightly criticized for. But, I guess at this point I'm personally just so fatigued by all these chicks to really question things anymore. Hell, I somewhat defended/complimented Leah a few weeks ago, a first because she very much irritated me at one point lol. I'm just waiting for this show to finally be cancelled because that is when the real drama would start. All of them will be broke, except probably Chelsea, but even she might have to reign in her baby making/farm animal getting/ make up and ratty extension wearing habits. They are all pretty played out at this point imho.

I have to add, I think with Chelsea and her path to teen motherhood was influenced a lot  by the fact that the Houska's are a lot more religious/conservative/ traditionalist then they appear. It is pretty telling that all the Houska girls had children as teens or very early adulthood, and from the little I know of them, they all follow traditional gender roles, I think even the oldest sister who did graduate from college. Add to that that Chelsea was very, very insecure as a teen and Adam was actually kind of hot (physically), and you have all the ingredients for poor decision making.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

And sorry not sorry,  “the family doesn’t want to be filmed” isn’t an excuse when 9 years later you are still putting your family on TV, SM, etc and gettin PAID.

That's the thing I just can't wrap my head around with some of these people. They won't film some of their special events (like weddings) so they know the value of privacy. But they have absolutely no problem with selling out their childrens' childhood and taking away any chance their children had at keeping things private. It's such a disconnect for me.  

• Love 10