Type keyword(s) to search

Kailyn: Kail Smash!

SPLAIN
Message added by OtterMommy

Please remember that it is against Primetimer policy to publish home addresses, links to home addresses, or other personal information of anyone--on or off the screen.

• Start Topic

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 11:44 AM, CofCinci said:

Kail is okay with sweatpants but only if they cost more than $75. If they're $12 sweats from Target, she doesn't think you're fit to parent and is ready to run to the attorney.

Who pays 75 dollars for sweatpants 

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 1:15 PM, CofCinci said:
On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 11:56 AM, GreatKazu said:

I will judge Karl until the day she is cremated. As long as she puts her ass out there for all to see, being snarked on is the least she can expect.

Karl's ass is filled with her body fat from her stomach area. Question, how does that fat stay in place? Or, does it eventually move around?

It moves. With this type of cosmetic surgery, one must continually maintain the work. You can't just have one surgery and be good for the rest of your life. I wonder how Kail, as well as others like Farrah, are going to be able to afford the maintenance surgeries. First one is free for these girls, but the future surgeries will be quite the expense.

Even with ass injections? I know breast implants change every 10 years.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! We have seen Kail in sweats/leggings/etc. plenty of times. But they're all branded and trendy. God forbid Jo buy his sweats at a discount store and save his money for CS.

Or his next hit music video. ;)

My favorite line from it was something about the girl being luscious like a fresh avocado straight out of Mexico. 

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Who pays 75 dollars for sweatpants

I don't know but out of curiosity I looked up designer sweatpants and managed to find an $850 pair of "track pants" at Nordstrom, and around 300 pairs of sweat pants in the over $75 range even on Amazon. So apparently someone does.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was given a $50 gift card to Lululemon once.  I went to the store and realized there is nothing I could buy there with the gift card.  For god damn workout pants. I sold the gift card and never went back.

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The same brain-dead people who pay $500 for a pair of Yeezys.

Yes! And not just a pair, but enough for the whole family. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, NikSac said:

I don't know but out of curiosity I looked up designer sweatpants and managed to find an $850 pair of "track pants" at Nordstrom, and around 300 pairs of sweat pants in the over $75 range even on Amazon. So apparently someone does.

Sorry to quote myself but I finally got the image to work. Here, for your enjoyment, is a pair of $850 sweats.

safe_image.php?d=AQBtnhJk-QfiZHsK&w=300&

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, truelovekiss said:

I saw those at the Gap for $39.95

Yes, but are the Gap ones acceptable for lounging around in one's own home on a Sunday afternoon?

• Love 6

Even if I could afford $850 sweats, I still wouldn't buy them! WTF? I go to Wal-Mart for my workout and lolling about in clothes. I'm such a slob!
Serious question (lol) if you pay that much for very casual clothing, how much would your wedding dress cost? :)

• Love 4
On 4/21/2016 at 7:48 AM, Katt said:

I lived in the UK until I was 29 (11 years ago) then I moved to Oklahoma, but, I'd been a bridesmaid twice and never had to pay for the dress or any accessories. When I got married, under a tree in Arkansas, I didn't have a wedding party so there was nobody to piss off.

Is this a recent thing, paying to be in someone's wedding, or an American tradition? They can sod off! Pay! My arse! Just my opinion. lol

Usually the bridesmaids pay for their own dresses (and sometimes foot the bill for shoes, accessories, etc.)  It all comes down to how much money the bride and groom have set aside for their nuptuals.  I was a bridesmaid 5x? and only once did the bride pay for our dresses, shoes, accessories, etc.  She came from a very wealthy family.  That was the only time I didn't spend a dime.  And when you're young and on a budget being in someone's wedding can get very costly.

I think more times than not, bridesmaids have to pay for their own dresses and it is customary for the bride to have the final "say-so" on which dress is worn.  I donated every bridesmaid dress to charity (except the one where the bride paid for our dresses) because they were so god-awful-looking.  The one really cool bridesmaid dress I got tailored into a little two-piece cocktail suit and it was the bomb!  However, that was in the early 1990's.

Who traditionally covers the cost for the bridesmaids dresses, etc. in the UK?  

• Love 1

Probably the bride's parents or the bride and groom. Having said that, my parents didn't offer to pay for my wedding (they easily could have). 
It is (or was) customary for the bride's father to foot the wedding bill. My cousins' parents paid about 30,000 GBP (somewhere between $42-45,000) for each of their weddings in 2000, 2007 & 2009 and 2 of them are divorced now. Collosal waste of money. You could put a whacking great deposit on a nice house instead. 
Our wedding cost the price of the licence; a friend officiated free, and then the restaurant meal afterwards (for all 5 of the wedding party) and we're still married nearly 11 years later. Yeah, I DO thumb my nose at my snobby cousins.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Katt said:

Probably the bride's parents or the bride and groom. Having said that, my parents didn't offer to pay for my wedding (they easily could have). 
It is (or was) customary for the bride's father to foot the wedding bill. My cousins' parents paid about 30,000 GBP (somewhere between $42-45,000) for each of their weddings in 2000, 2007 & 2009 and 2 of them are divorced now. Collosal waste of money. You could put a whacking great deposit on a nice house instead. 
Our wedding cost the price of the licence; a friend officiated free, and then the restaurant meal afterwards (for all 5 of the wedding party) and we're still married nearly 11 years later. Yeah, I DO thumb my nose at my snobby cousins.  

I know right? I had to leave the wedding planning forums 6 years ago because of all the ridiculousness of, "it's MY day" and "it's a once in a lifetime opportunity". Seriously, some of these weddings were in the 6 figures. I'm guessing these people have a lot more money than my parents did, and maybe $100K to them is what $10K was to my parents (what they gave me), but seriously, 6 figures for a glorified party? 5 figures for a dress you will wear ONCE?

Our wedding cost about $6K. My parents said we could keep whatever money of the $10K we did not spend, so we budgeted like mad. I also chose black for the bridesmaid dresses because each of my girls already had a black dress they could use.

Back to Kail- if she gets married again, I bet she'll STILL pull the "it's MY day" card.

• Love 4

Anybody could have a seriously nice and classy wedding for $6000, if they wanted to and weren't being an arsehole thinking the wedding is more important than the marriage. Lol, does anyone else miss Bridezillas? I honestly think any groom would have done for most of the brats on that show. 

Sorry for going off-topic.

• Love 4

I would have an incredibly simple wedding if I ever got married.  It would be a backyard affair where everyone just brings themselves...a dish to share and no gifts.  

However the simple approach I would have to a wedding isn't the norm and I wouldn't bedrudge any couple who wanted to celebrate in a more lavish way.  If someone asked me to be in their wedding and the price tag was out of this world (esp for the poor social worker that I am), I would decline and let my friend know why...and still attend the wedding with a nice gift in hand.  I would consider it totally out of bounds for me to want the bride or groom to change their wedding plans due to my budget.  

• Love 4

If Kail had told them upfront about the financial commitment they were making, and they balked after agreeing to do it, that would be one thing. But I believe the problem was, she kept adding extras after they had already purchased the dresses (thinking that was all they had to do) which they were unprepared to pay. Add to that the fact that Kail likely earned 5 or 6 times what they did (or more) and was getting her wedding comp'd by MTV, and her refusing to pay for earrings strikes me as even more miserly.

• Love 8

What extras other than the earrings?  I remember the big deal about the earrings, but can't remember all these extras she kept adding....but it's been years ago.  I still think it was much a deal made about nothing because they didn't like her, which strikes just as miserly.  

• Love 3

I don't remember if there were extras besides the earrings. But to me, the fact that she wouldn't pick up the tab for the earrings probably just reinforced to them why they didn't like her. She's making 6 figures, and is getting a free wedding, and she's still going to insist her working class inlaws pay for earrings to be in her wedding? It may have been a petty response, but it was in response to Kail being stingy in the first place.

• Love 7

OKay...I assumed there were more with the extras being plural.  It's a pair of earrings.  Could she have paid for them?  Sure.  Does it make her an evil devil spawn of hate that she didn't?  Nope.  I am sure Javi's family spends 20 bucks a week on wasteful stuff...they just didn't want to spend it on something for Kail's wedding and took it as an opportunity to give it to her and try to be superior.  It worked like a charm too.  I spent 20 bucks on a pizza yesterday.  If having to buy a pair of 20 dollar earrings is a huge problem in being in somebody's wedding...there are probably other issues that you are pretending are all about the earrings.  

• Love 3

Probably. But those issues they had with her likely stemmed from things she did that were on par with asking someone who makes a lot less than you to spend $20 on earrings to be in your wedding. If that was an isolated incident of her acting stingy and thoughtless, maybe they overreacted. But I bet it wasn't.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Tatum said:

Probably. But those issues they had with her likely stemmed from things she did that were on par with asking someone who makes a lot less than you to spend $20 on earrings to be in your wedding. If that was an isolated incident of her acting stingy and thoughtless, maybe they overreacted. But I bet it wasn't.

Maybe, maybe not.  Who knows.  I'll be honest enough to admit that I can't stand Javi and his attitude.  I think he's a jerk and emotionally abusive and controlling....so I assume the apple doesn't fall from the tree.  It doesn't make Kail a saint either and she picked him, but the victim edit of his family in this scenario doesn't jive with me.  But who knows and I'm okay with being in the minority of not thinking the earrings deal is evidence of what a shit show horrible person she is.  I'd pick other things if I was making that case.  I also think weddings are such a disaster anyways....with people having different ideas of what should and shouldn't be done and then the battle of trying to put those perceptions on others, etc.  I've seen it blow up in ways similar to this so I tend to defer to the couple and their wishes...and if someone makes a stink about it, remind them that they don't need to be a part of the wedding or participate.  

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Plus she was already married so the fact that anyone paid any amount of money to dress up and have a pretend fake wedding is absolutely absurd.

For you, but maybe not for her and those who wanted to celebrate with her and Javi.  

My cousin got married really quickly before she took a job overseas.  She and her new hubby came back a year later and had a "wedding" with family and friends.  It was amazing.  It was also really lavish.  I didn't think it was absurd.  I was so glad I could share their special day...even if it wasn't technically their wedding day.  

Kail and my cousin are totally completely different people and that causes absolutely different reactions, but wanted to share my experience with "not real weddings."  

Edited by shelley1005
grammar
  • Love 2

Many people have an "extra" wedding day because people want to celebrate with them but their first was private or in the courthouse for a variety of reasons. This is common for religious reasons but also in the military. 

• Love 1

It's fine to have a party to celebrate with friends and family.  It's stupid to recite fake vows and pretend you are getting married in front of all those friends and family when you are already married.  Have a party, have cake and music and dancing etc.. But it's not a wedding.  The first time you get married, that's your wedding.  Unless you're divorcing and remarrying, you can't have another wedding.  You can have a fun party but it's not a wedding.

• Love 3

Mine would be perfectly fine with that, as I do not fuck my guy friends, even on road trips.

I think it's perfectly fine also. I have had close male friends for 25+ years and that will never change.

I don't think its ok but only because we know Javi would NEVER be ok with it. He got upset over her texting another guy and keeping a password on her phone. I have a good guy friend. He has stayed overnight in a hotel with me when I had to go to another state for work. My boyfriend was totally fine with it because he kept me company in a strange city for two nights (my boyfriend had to work) Nothing happened, we slept in separate beds. we are totally platonic. But the key is my partner was ok with it. If he had objections I wouldn't do it. IMO it was very disrespectful of Kail to do this to Javi. If Javi took some cute young thing on one of his vacations without Kail I'm sure he'd be crucified for it. I don't like Javi but Kail's a total bitch to him.

• Love 5
(edited)
25 minutes ago, poopchute said:

It's fine to have a party to celebrate with friends and family.  It's stupid to recite fake vows and pretend you are getting married in front of all those friends and family when you are already married.  Have a party, have cake and music and dancing etc.. But it's not a wedding.  The first time you get married, that's your wedding.  Unless you're divorcing and remarrying, you can't have another wedding.  You can have a fun party but it's not a wedding.

My cousin and her husband did the vows and the whole thing because they didn't get to do it the first time around....they just did the legal aspect and got to heading overseas.  It was a wedding as far as we were all concerned.  The invitation I got said as much...I was being invited to her wedding.  

I think that people can do whatever they want.  No one got hurt and I don't think that it's anyone else's right to say that someone can't have a wedding because they decide so.  Maybe shouldn't or I wouldn't, but can't??  Kail had the wedding she wanted...I am assuming Javi too.  

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Plus she was already married so the fact that anyone paid any amount of money to dress up and have a pretend fake wedding is absolutely absurd.

Unless the dresses and shoes were comped by the boutique or MTV, there's no way in hell I'd be dishing out hundreds of dollars to participate in a fake wedding where the couple was already married. I can't remember if there was any product placement at Kail's wedding or not. If not, then Javi's sisters footed the bill for their dresses. Since they couldn't really say no to being a member of the wedding party, I'd be kinda salty about it as well.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, poopchute said:

And the fact that MTV was prompting people to ask them if they were nervous was so fucking absurd it hurt my soul. THEY WERE ALREADY MARRRRIED. If they had jitters it wasn't cold feet, it was the realization that they had a shit relationship. 

And my 2 cents about the earrings: I have bad reactions to everything but 14k gold. So if I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, I'd be annoyed that I had to waste $20 on crappy earrings, AND that my ears would be swollen, red and itchy for a week.

• Love 7

She was in community college, then transfered to DSU. I think she took about an extra year, maybe two overall. That tends to happen with transfer students. 

Javi HAS been out and about with a cute young thing...probably just to make Kail jealous, or maybe he's the one who cheated. 

• Love 2

That wedding photo of Kail just reminds me of how ugly her tattoos are.  I'm not anti-tattoo.  I think there are so many beautiful, feminine choices.  Unfortunately hers look manly and "hard."  There's something very masculine about her, with the exception of her hair.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, shelley1005 said:

My cousin and her husband did the vows and the whole thing because they didn't get to do it the first time around....they just did the legal aspect and got to heading overseas.  It was a wedding as far as we were all concerned.  The invitation I got said as much...I was being invited to her wedding.  

I think that people can do whatever they want.  No one got hurt and I don't think that it's anyone else's right to say that someone can't have a wedding because they decide so.  Maybe shouldn't or I wouldn't, but can't??  Kail had the wedding she wanted...I am assuming Javi too.  

I'm not saying anyone can't have a wedding. They did have a wedding. They day they got married was their wedding.  A courthouse wedding is still a wedding.  You just can't have multiple weddings.  By definition.  You can have a hundred parties celebrating the fact that you are married but they aren't all weddings.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

She was in community college, then transfered to DSU. I think she took about an extra year, maybe two overall. That tends to happen with transfer students. 

Javi HAS been out and about with a cute young thing...probably just to make Kail jealous, or maybe he's the one who cheated. 

I think they both cheated...or they both know their marriage is over and might be trying to pretend otherwise for the sake of the show.  The snaps of Javi's with some woman a while back and his snarky tweets throwing shade at Kail...it doesn't show someone who is still with her.  Her being out and about with a variety of people don't show that she's still with him...and the rumors of her behavior as well.  I hope they are done since I think their marriage is toxic, but I feel for Isaac since I think Javi will have little to do with him once they are officially donzo.  

Sometimes I wish the After Shows were live...because it makes it seem differently when Kail is talking about working on her relationship with Javi and wanting to work it out when he gets back.  We all know how that goes.  They both seem to be living their individual lives.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

That wedding photo of Kail just reminds me of how ugly her tattoos are.  I'm not anti-tattoo.  I think there are so many beautiful, feminine choices.  Unfortunately hers look manly and "hard."  There's something very masculine about her, with the exception of her hair.

Speaking of Kail's hair (which is very pretty), I'm just waiting for the day when she gets the classic "may I speak to manager" hairdo.  It fits her personality so perfectly, and I think it's just a matter of time.

manger ii.jpg

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, truelovekiss said:

Speaking of Kail's hair (which is very pretty), I'm just waiting for the day when she gets the classic "may I speak to manager" hairdo.  It fits her personality so perfectly, and I think it's just a matter of time.

manger ii.jpg

That pic is my new desktop background. Bless you

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like Kail's been in school forever?

Kail has always been in an educational/technical program. Between HS and community college, didn't she go to some sort of dental assistant vocational program. Of all the mothers on the series, Kail is the only one that values education. I wouldn't be surprised if she went to grad school after DSU. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Kail has always been in an educational/technical program. Between HS and community college, didn't she go to some sort of dental assistant vocational program. Of all the mothers on the series, Kail is the only one that values education. I wouldn't be surprised if she went to grad school after DSU. 

I will give her that.  And I think it was actually (dare I say it?) smart of her to pursue a technical certificate first, before transferring to a university, and ultimately switching her direction altogether.  She didn't know how long she would be able to live off of MTV, so she used the opportunity to quickly get a certification that she could live off of, if one day they packed up the cameras and left.  Furthermore, I think the field she chose (communications?  tv production?  something like that?) is a good choice.  With things like that, it's all about who you know, and she has connections to a major tv network that she can utilize.  She actually has something that she can use in her life, after MTV leaves.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, poopchute said:

I'm not saying anyone can't have a wedding. They did have a wedding. They day they got married was their wedding.  A courthouse wedding is still a wedding.  You just can't have multiple weddings.  By definition.  You can have a hundred parties celebrating the fact that you are married but they aren't all weddings.  

The courthouse is sometimes necessary for the legal aspect of it. My husband and I were married at the courthouse. It was necessary, but meant nothing to us. We were later "married" by a good friend of ours in front of a small group of friends and family, in a central location at a time when important people to us were able to get away. The vows were much more different and meaningful to us, personally. I don't see anything wrong with someone having two "weddings". 

That being said, I don't think any of that was the reason for Kail redoing it. I think it was just for TV. 

• Love 6

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a courthouse wedding.  That is a perfectly valid and legitimate wedding.  But, then you're married.  You can't get married again because you're already married.

I thought Kail married Javi for "THE BENEFITS!!!!" and then had the fake wedding just because she's an asshole.

• Love 7
(edited)

Lots of people do this. The vows are only what "make" you married to some people. 

Some Mormons, for example, have two weddings because non-Mormons aren't allowed in the temple, so they have a civil wedding where their non-Mormon friends and family go and a temple wedding for their Mormon relatives and friends. 

Edited by Lm2162
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

Lots of people do this. The vows are only what "make" you married to some people. 

Some Mormons, for example, have two weddings because non-Mormons aren't allowed in the temple, so they have a civil wedding where their non-Mormon friends and family go and a temple wedding for their Mormon relatives and friends. 

I read this as "morons". I figured, well, it is Kail we are commenting about here. 

Kail is not Mormon. She is a platypus.

Her reason for having a second wedding was to celebrate publicly her having convinced Labia Lips to enter in the military and her garnering those bennys. It was also to show off to her mom how she did better than her. That was the reason she gave to Peach to explain why she wanted her mom at the wedding. Forget the fact about celebrating a milestone or sharing your special day with family. It was all about sticking it to Suzy. So very immature.

• Love 6

I can understand the Suzy impulse-- she's one of the grossest people on the TM2 franchise. 

I assume they had the wedding because of the reason most of the people on this show do everything: MTV told them to or at least heavily encouraged the idea. I'd love to see one of their contracts. They have to have storylines, after all. It's easy to forget they are all essentially horrible actors. Hence all the scenes in restaurants, staged convos, etc. 

And hey, what did a platypus ever do to you? ;)

• Love 3