Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

On 11/11/2022 at 6:36 PM, I8A 4RE said:

Did Christine stop selling LulaRoe to sell Plexus? Maybe that's another reason Meri is butthurt with her. I thought she was in Meri's downline. 

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion but here goes: watching the above video I got the impression that Robyn was hoping now that Christine is done with Kody maybe Christine would be interested in being friend's with Robyn and her kids and that R actually maybe really wanted that. Like she was hinting at it and actually felt bad when C shot her down. Just me? 

I know it sounds weird but I firmly believe Robyn is tired of Kody being there all the time, whatever the reason may be that she is, sometimes I believe her that she wanted a lifestyle where the annoying jackass left her alone sometimes and also the friendship of sister wives. I know there's a million clips that show otherwise but Robyn is also a dummy and maybe doesn't express herself well. I understand why Christine wants space but I hope they can figure it out just for the kids. I know it might take a bit, but people can be friends with their exes current spouse. 

Has Robyn suckered me in like I'm Kody over here? 😬 

It sure sounds like it! Do you remember when you drank the kool-aid??  LOL!!

• LOL 5

Kody needs to stop placing responsibility for his relationship with his kids on other people. His kids have given every indication that they want to see him. He avoided them during Covid, and now wants to blame Christine when they call him out on his crap. Neither Christine or Janelle have kept those kids from him. Gabe is literally crying over it. Kody had months to go pick up Ysabel and Truely and see them. 

Kody doesn't see his kids because they're not meek and adoring like Robyn's kids.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11

I watched episode 10.

I didn't understand it exactly, but Janelle said that she screwed herself financially. She said the only asset that she has is tied up in Coyote Pass and Kody is saying they are out of money and can't do anything with it. I fear that Janelle is going to end up with nothing after pouring money into this family for all these years. It's a shame that she didn't protect herself financially.

With people like Kody and Robyn, you just have to cut your losses and move on. The most important thing is to get away from them.

I think that poor Janelle has to start over from scratch. It's very sad.

• Like 10
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

This adds to the crazy. From the get-go the Browns, including Janelle herself, sold us on the financial wizard that is Janelle. 

Robyn is living in a million dollar mansion, Christine owns a home in UT, Meri owns Lizzie's and Janelle owns a depreciating RV and a pile of poopy dirt.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This adds to the crazy. From the get-go the Browns, including Janelle herself, sold us on the financial wizard that is Janelle. 

Robyn is living in a million dollar mansion, Christine owns a home in UT, Meri owns Lizzie's and Janelle owns a depreciating RV and a pile of poopy dirt.

Janelle really did lose out financially by not buying a house in Flagstaff when the rest of them did.  Robyn and Kody paid $890,000 for their house in 2019 (when Robyn had the meltdown about buying vs renting) and now it is estimated to be worth $1,482,000.  Will they split the proceeds with Janelle? 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, smarty said:

Janelle really did lose out financially by not buying a house in Flagstaff when the rest of them did.  Robyn and Kody paid $890,000 for their house in 2019 (when Robyn had the meltdown about buying vs renting) and now it is estimated to be worth $1,482,000.  Will they split the proceeds with Janelle? 

They will only have proceeds if they sell before it's foreclosed. I hope they are keeping up the payments. Assuming they put 20 percent down (which I think is unlikely) their mortgage payments are probably about $7,000 a month.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 8

I have Sister Wives reruns on in the background. In the RV leveling episode, In a TH Christine says, "oh yea, I fell in love with the property, I would imagine all us wives living there, I couldn't wait to build".

It seems Christine has been leaving Kody for years until she didn't and then more years, until she finally did.

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I was thinking Sobyn maybe thought Christine would "mother" her children if they were"friends"?

I sometimes think Robyn thought she was going to be able to dump her kids (present and future) on Christine the same way she dumped her overdue Victoria's Secret bills on the counter once she married Kody--no longer her problem!  However, Christine wasn't willing to go along.  Hence the nannies.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Robyn is living in a million dollar mansion, Christine owns a home in UT, Meri owns Lizzie's and Janelle owns a depreciating RV and a pile of poopy dirt.

When did Christine buy a home in Utah?

Last I heard christine was renting one half of a duplex that Mykelti found for her.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Libby said:

I watched episode 10.

I didn't understand it exactly, but Janelle said that she screwed herself financially. She said the only asset that she has is tied up in Coyote Pass and Kody is saying they are out of money and can't do anything with it. I fear that Janelle is going to end up with nothing after pouring money into this family for all these years. It's a shame that she didn't protect herself financially.

With people like Kody and Robyn, you just have to cut your losses and move on. The most important thing is to get away from them.

I think that poor Janelle has to start over from scratch. It's very sad.

Wait how did you watch episode 10? It hasn't aired yet.  Are you speaking about episode 10 from another season? I'm confused because I don't remember Janelle saying this but I don't doubt that this is going to happen to Janelle especially after she blew at least $50,000 on an RV. 

From the article about tonight's episode.

Spoiler

Janelle admits that she realized she doesn’t have any assets for her children since everyone else in the family’s name is also on it. “I have gotten myself in a very stupid position as far as an independent woman. If I were to leave, or want to leave right now, I would have no estates. I have nothing to leave to my kids. My hands are completely tied ’cause everything I have asset-wise has everybody else’s name on it, too,” Janelle admits.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 9

Good Lord. She must have been so brainwashed to do this. Robyn and Kody's names are on the majority of the deeds on the Coyote Pass lots so if they sell them they will walk away with the bulk of the proceeds. 

• Sad 7
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hide contents

Janelle admits that she realized she doesn’t have any assets for her children since everyone else in the family’s name is also on it. “I have gotten myself in a very stupid position as far as an independent woman. If I were to leave, or want to leave right now, I would have no estates. I have nothing to leave to my kids. My hands are completely tied ’cause everything I have asset-wise has everybody else’s name on it, too,” Janelle admits.

I feel sorry for Janelle in regards to the real estate holdings in the family.  She lost out by not having a house in her name in Flagstaff, to build equity.  The Coyote Pass lots were bought as 4 separate deeds, and the one deed that has Janelle's name on it was purchased for $170,000 but they only put $23,800 down on it and financed the rest ($147,200).  Robyn's lot was identically financed.  Meri's lot and Christine's lot were paid in full.  I'm curious how Kody views the nearly $800,000 in "theoretical" equity he has in his and Robyn's house - does he view that as part Janelle's?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, smarty said:

I feel sorry for Janelle in regards to the real estate holdings in the family.  She lost out by not having a house in her name in Flagstaff, to build equity.  The Coyote Pass lots were bought as 4 separate deeds, and the one deed that has Janelle's name on it was purchased for $170,000 but they only put $23,800 down on it and financed the rest ($147,200).  Robyn's lot was identically financed.  Meri's lot and Christine's lot were paid in full.  I'm curious how Kody views the nearly $800,000 in "theoretical" equity he has in his and Robyn's house - does he view that as part Janelle's?

It’s too bad that Christine felt she needed to release  her equity in that lot to Kody.  It would  have been a gesture to release  it to Janelle instead. Or maybe it was titled in all their names? 

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, smarty said:

I'm curious how Kody views the nearly $800,000 in "theoretical" equity he has in his and Robyn's house - does he view that as part Janelle's?

Yeah sure, never going to happen!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

What's especially sad is Janelle's old house in Las Vegas is probably worth about $862,000 now (she sold for around $575K when they moved).  She personally would have had much more equity in her own name if they had stayed put.  Kody and Robyn probably don't care though because their Flagstaff house has risen in value anyway.

• Sad 8
26 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

It’s too bad that Christine felt she needed to release  her equity in that lot to Kody.  It would  have been a gesture to release  it to Janelle instead. Or maybe it was titled in all their names? 

I believe it’s because it was an exchange. She signed the lot over, and got to keep any proceeds from her house. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

The one lot that Christine's name was on was titled in Kody, Robyn and Christine's names. It is the largest and is fullly paid for. So guess who walks away with the most money now that Christine quit claimed her ownership of this lot? Kody and Meri also own a lot the I believe is fully paid for.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

The amazing mystery about Coyote Pass is how they afforded it in the first place:  They paid $820,000 for the 4 lots, putting down $527,600 and financing $292,400.  How did they come up with the $527,600 down payment to buy the lots - as this was BEFORE they sold their Las Vegas houses.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, smarty said:

The amazing mystery about Coyote Pass is how they afforded it in the first place:  They paid $820,000 for the 4 lots, putting down $527,600 and financing $292,400.  How did they come up with the $527,600 down payment to buy the lots - as this was BEFORE they sold their Las Vegas houses.  

Kody put in 2,638 hours?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 13
3 minutes ago, smarty said:

We have said here about a thousand times that their finances are a huge mystery.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Hide contents

In a co-ownership contract, if she really wants out, wouldn't she be able to sue to force the sale of the property or to have the other co-owner/s buy her out?  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, nosedive said:

In a co-ownership contract, if she really wants out, wouldn't she be able to sue to force the sale of the property or to have the other co-owner/s buy her out?  

Janelle said that Christine gave up her share of the Coyote Pass property in exchange for keeping the equity from the sale of her house. it was probably the easiest way to get shut of Kody.

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Janelle said that Christine gave up her share of the Coyote Pass property in exchange for keeping the equity from the sale of her house. it was probably the easiest way to get shut of Kody.

I was referring to Janelle, not Christine.  

As per the article posted above: Janelle admits that she realized she doesn’t have any assets for her children since everyone else in the family’s name is also on it. “I have gotten myself in a very stupid position as far as an independent woman. If I were to leave, or want to leave right now, I would have no estates. I have nothing to leave to my kids. My hands are completely tied ’cause everything I have asset-wise has everybody else’s name on it, too,” Janelle admits.

As a a co-owner of property/properties, wouldn't she be entitled to liquidate her share, either by a sale of the property/properties or by the other owner/s buying her out?  

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Janelle ahoukd look into what she can sue Kody for. I'd take that asshole to the cleaners. Even better, do it from Utah because Kody is terrified of anything Utah.

We know Sobyn would, in that situation.  Do it, Janelle, and Christine!

• Like 2

This whole money situation is so sad for Janelle. She said that she gave Robyn half of her profit from her Vagas house to buy the mansion. Now when she wants money to build on Coyote Pass, Kody is saying sorry we don't have the money. I can't believe Janelle was so stupid and didn't protect herself better financially.

I fear that any money she put into the family pot is gone and she's never going to get her fair share. She'll just have to be smart from this point on, and start over. Like I said, it's very sad. Why did she ever trust Kody and Robyn to treat her fairly?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 10
23 minutes ago, Libby said:

This whole money situation is so sad for Janelle. She said that she gave Robyn half of her profit from her Vagas house to buy the mansion. Now when she wants money to build on Coyote Pass, Kody is saying sorry we don't have the money. I can't believe Janelle was so stupid and didn't protect herself better financially.

I fear that any money she put into the family pot is gone and she's never going to get her fair share. She'll just have to be smart from this point on, and start over. Like I said, it's very sad. Why did she ever trust Kody and Robyn to treat her fairly?

Janelle should start a contract negotiation with Kody.  Just enter the scenes  where Kody said  he and Robyn owned Christine’s home because they gave her the down payment.  By that reasoning, Janelle owns Robyn’s house.  They can resolve it the same way Christine and Kody  did.  Janelle gets Robyn’s house, Kody gets Coyote Pass. I know Janelle would prefer Coyote Pass- but it’s not worth it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Libby said:

I mean how was Janelle supposed to know the family wasn't staying together for eternity as they had promised (sarcasm intended).

• Sad 4

The way this family operates is ridiculous. Janelle needs to sit down with Kody, Meri and Robyn and talk finances. I mean maybe they are, but it sounds to me like Janelle is sitting back trying to figure this out alone.

She needs to present the family with a spread sheet and have them make it right.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The way this family operates is ridiculous. Janelle needs to sit down with Kody, Meri and Robyn and talk finances. I mean maybe they are, but it sounds to me like Janelle is sitting back trying to figure this out alone.

She needs to present the family with a spread sheet and have them make it right.

Omg this made me flashback to when they kept having conversations about how to have conversations. Janelle was in her "communication "era then. Nothing was ever communicated except their communications about communicating. No wonder they never solve anything.

Edited by Tuxcat
messed up my own communication
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, altopower said:

Maybe THAT's the reason Janelle left (if she did). Because after all this time of playing the plyg game, she owns nothing (except the RV?) and has no assets to leave her children. 

Until Robyn and Kody coughed up what I contributed, if I was Janelle, I would have liens on everything they own. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Libby said:

She said that she gave Robyn half of her profit from her Vagas house to buy the mansion.

So it's official. We have to rename the Janelle thread. But joke aside, I feel sorry for her. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I'm curious how Kody views the nearly $800,000 in "theoretical" equity he has in his and Robyn's house - does he view that as part Janelle's?

It's interesting to look at the numbers, I think. I believe they paid about $800,000 for Robyn's mansion and it's now worth about $1.4 million. So that's $500,000 in increased value. But they don't own the home outright, I don't think. They put down a downpayment and have (hopefully) been making mortgage payments. Let's say they put down a standard 20%, which would have been $160,000. So that, plus the increase in value would give them about $660,000 in equity. To be generous, let's credit them with two years of mortgage payments as well (though it's likely that most of those payments went toward interest and didn't really cut down the principal). That's another $168,000 for a total of $828,000. BUT - didn't they take out a second mortgage? That would also reduce the equity they have in their home. 

In reality, I suspect they put down a very small downpayment - like 3%. So that's $24,000. That, plus the $500,000 in increased value plus the mortgage payments (again, in the first years of a loan, these go nearly entirely to interest, but for the sake of argument, let's just count them as equity in the house) and they have about $692,000 in equity.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1