Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, General Days said:

That's right.

This year, the tell-all was filmed in July.

I can't remember where I saw this (maybe Reddit, but maybe someone just mentioned it on Mykelti's watch party or something), but you know at the beginning of each segment of the One on One, after they come back from commercial, how they'll sort of show the set, and sometimes cameras and monitors from the director's point of view, then zoom in on the interview set with Suki and whichever Brown?

Someone saw a July date on a screen, or a clapperboard, or something and shared a screenshot of it.

Gwendlyn got married on July 15th. All of the parents were in town for it, so it is possible they came to town early enough ahead of the wedding, or stayed long enough after the wedding, to do the One on Ones during the same trip.

I am hoping with the special episode that is supposed to air in January, that will bump the timeline up to at least October 2023. The lag has done the series no favors.

Well based on a few comments just above me I think I am not alone declaring that I would be THRILLED to jump over the Mykelti making twins story arc.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

What did Kody say about Christine forcing Mykelti to shut Robyn out in order to have a relationship with C&D?  I kind of tuned out when he was talking but that seemed different from what we've seen this season. Of course the time lag between the season and the tell alls may have something to do with it. I suspect the Wooleys are more generous grandparents than the Precious Memories. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I tuned it out too because by that point he was sounding like the teacher on a Charlie Brown tv special (if you don't know, please exit my lawn) but it almost seemed like Kody was pre-emptively dismissing Mykelti before she could do it to him like the majority of her siblings have.  Mykelti is the one non-Robyn child he's on speaking terms with, so I'm not sure what he thinks he's accomplishing.  He should shut his pie hole and be thankful that there is one kid who pretends to tolerate his Queen.

The bottom line with the trio of Kody, Robyn and Mykelti is that all three are playing each other, and each one thinks they have the upper hand.  I find it amusing that Mykelti is pretending to be the self-sacrificing "bridge" between family members that not only don't need a bridge, they want to set the bridge on fire.

• Like 8
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I tuned it out too because by that point he was sounding like the teacher on a Charlie Brown tv special (if you don't know, please exit my lawn) but it almost seemed like Kody was pre-emptively dismissing Mykelti before she could do it to him like the majority of her siblings have.  Mykelti is the one non-Robyn child he's on speaking terms with, so I'm not sure what he thinks he's accomplishing.  He should shut his pie hole and be thankful that there is one kid who pretends to tolerate his Queen.

The bottom line with the trio of Kody, Robyn and Mykelti is that all three are playing each other, and each one thinks they have the upper hand.  I find it amusing that Mykelti is pretending to be the self-sacrificing "bridge" between family members that not only don't need a bridge, they want to set the bridge on fire.

Things that make you go "hmmm..."

Right around the time of this season Gwen was kinda harsh towards Kody in her Patreon. Then at one point people noted that she suddenly became more apologetic towards Kody. And shortly after she admitted that recently Kody gave her and Myketi a large sum of money. What makes you go Hmmm is that was the same time she became symptomatic towards Kody but also Kody would have seen this at the Tell All when Mykelti was "bad talking" him (in his mind).

A stretch...but it makes you wonder.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

Gwen mentioned that Kody gave her and Ysabel money to help them with college. At some point both Mykelti and Gwen were asked to not include some content because it would jeopardize the show. For Mykelti it was talking about Meri and the abuse accusations. At another point Paedon stated he had more to say but wouldn’t until the show was done because it provides an income for his family. All this to say, I don’t think the money Kody gave has anything to do with what is or isn’t being put out there.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

Kody should be giving them money for college  — that's what fathers do. So good for him for at least being that responsible. But you know — when I gave my kids money for college, I never asked for anything in return. I suspect with Kody, there are always strings attached. I know this personality type. I had a rich grandma who would give us money for things as teens/young adults. There were always strings attached. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Like 9

He actually says "I'm not nice."!!! But he thinks that's OK because poor guy has gone through 3 divorces in one year. I think you answered your own question why that happened...You're NOT NICE!!  Douche bag!!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 8
  • Love 3

Robyn is really afraid that he is going to say something that he can't take back and it will make things even worse for the two of them. Loved that she put her hands over his mouth to hush him up.  Maybe next time she will bust him in the mouth. Robyn is no brain but even she knows that Kody is out of control with his anger and it is not helping their situation. 

• Like 16

Another thing I noticed in that clip. The person asked Koootie something like "why don't they just don't come out and admit Crybrows is the favorite and Kootie only loves her?" Kootie is pissed and says the guy has been only watching 20 hours of show and that he is visiting too many forums... "Sure we like each other"... and kind of shakes his head seemingly saying they are not deeply in love with each other.  Could it be that he and Crybrows are not really as "close" as they are trying to portray? Crybrows body language is kind of reinforcing that idea lately... there may be trouble in paradise after all...

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Could it be that he and Crybrows are not really as "close" as they are trying to portray? Crybrows body language is kind of reinforcing that idea lately... there may be trouble in paradise after all...

I have felt that way for a while.  If he were truly "in luvvvv" with her, he would be glad the others left and he can devote himself to the Dark Queen exclusively.  No more worrying about the pesky other wives and kids, he can shine his brilliant light on his One and Only.  I think all of this devotion crap is for the show.  

His beaming smile as they dance at their wedding is the same one that he had on his face while dancing with Meri at hers.  Sobbyn is just the latest model and once she is saddled with his 'roid raging manchild for a while, I can see her bailing out as well.  Without a steady flow of cash from the show, he's going to lose it big time and she'll be the only one in the line of fire.

• Like 19
36 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

With Kody's rage issues, I would be very hesitant to put my hands over his mouth like that - nor would I take kindly to someone doing it to me.  It's a very demonstrative way to make the other person literally shut up.  It's dismissive and humiliating and if Robyn thinks it's cute somehow, it's not.  It's also disturbing.  There is something really weird going on there between those two. 

I don't think she thinks it's cute. I think she is terrified about what he is going to say and he doesn't listen to reason. He is going to say what he is going to say and he doesn't give a damn. So this is the only way that she can shut him up. He acts like a spoiled stubborn child and she treats him like one. If it were anyone else other than Kody I might find find it disturbing. But it's Kody who doesn't care how he humiliates and dismisses his OG "wives." No sympathy for him in the least.

• Like 15

His beaming smile as they dance at their wedding is the same one that he had on his face while dancing with Meri at hers.  Sobbyn is just the latest model and once she is saddled with his 'roid raging manchild for a while, I can see her bailing out as well. 

Meri was old cow. Robyn is new cow, but she is probably also the last cow, because Kody is not attractive enough or wealthy or famous enough at this point to get another new cow. 

I think both Kody and Robyn have behaviors that drive each other crazy, and I think both of them wish Kody had somewhere else to spend part of his time. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I don't think she thinks it's cute. I think she is terrified about what he is going to say and he doesn't listen to reason. He is going to say what he is going to say and he doesn't give a damn. So this is the only way that she can shut him up. He acts like a spoiled stubborn child and she treats him like one. If it were anyone else other than Kody I might find find it disturbing. But it's Kody who doesn't care how he humiliates and dismisses his OG "wives." No sympathy for him in the least.

Oh, definitely no sympathy at all for either of them.  They made their bed, now they get to wallow in it.

You make good points.  I also think Robyn is quite terrified about what the end of the show will mean to her.  She'll have to give up the mansion, the figurines, the questionable artwork, the Yurman rings, and maybe - gasp - get a job herself.  Unthinkable.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing that Kody is enough of a narcissist to to imagine the show will go on forever because he's in it, no matter how unhinged he becomes.

What a pair.  They so deserve each other.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I do think it is disturbing that after all this time, Kody is still this angry.  He has processed nothing over the two years since Christine left.  That should be concerning to Robyn because all that rage has to go somewhere.  I would not want my small children around that if I were her.

• Like 18

Can someone help me with all of these SW specials?  I already missed the first Talk Back, but now I see a few locked threads for upcoming specials - another Talk Back, and one How It's Going?  Did we know about the How It's Going show?  What's next?  Meri: An In-Depth Tour of her Carriage House/Margarita Shed?  Or maybe Robyn and Kody: An Artwork Retrospective?

LOL, seriously, are all of these available on TLC or do I need TLC Go?  Hoping I can record them on Hulu if I can remember when they're all going to air.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I decided to look around the SW section on youtube tv again and found that 2 or 3 days ago, they began adding these after the tell all shows in a section called extras.  I kept sending in reports so I guess that's my answer.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Can someone help me with all of these SW specials?  I already missed the first Talk Back, but now I see a few locked threads for upcoming specials - another Talk Back, and one How It's Going?  Did we know about the How It's Going show?  What's next?  Meri: An In-Depth Tour of her Carriage House/Margarita Shed?  Or maybe Robyn and Kody: An Artwork Retrospective?

LOL, seriously, are all of these available on TLC or do I need TLC Go?  Hoping I can record them on Hulu if I can remember when they're all going to air.

I do not have TLC Go, but I do have cable. The specials, so far, have run on the regular TLC cable channel (and I've recorded them with my DVR).

I don't know whether that means you can get them via Hulu or not (do you have Hulu Live or something?).

Originally, I was going to link you to the TLC schedule, but it's all screwed up (it reuses old episode titles for these specials and doesn't include the "Talk Back" or "Look Back" language), so it would have just confused the issue.

Upcoming Specials:

Friday, December 29, 2023 at 9:00pm to 10:11pm Eastern: "Talk Back Part 2" | NEW

Friday, December 29, 2023 at 10:11pm to 11:11pm Eastern: "Look Back: How It Started" | I believe this is a rerun of the new special that first aired on Christmas Eve, but my DVR schedule has marked it new, so I'm not positive

Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 10:06pm to 11:06pm "Look Back: How It's Going" | NEW

Edited by General Days
Removed confusing image
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Basically, it's all a bunch of clips that just show Douchie making an ASS out of himself, OVER and OVER and OVER.

He really is a mindless idiot.  Crybrows isn't far behind.  I hope they'll be very happy together working at McDonald's when the TLC $$$ dries up.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Basically, it's all a bunch of clips that just show Douchie making an ASS out of himself, OVER and OVER and OVER.

Janelle was right - Kody has zero idea of the hole he is digging for himself with every word. He knows his kids watch this right? And also the OG wives calling him out on lies, and on having to do their duty as well. The IDEA that the wives were not completely head over heels in love with him either never enters his tiny head.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Some kind soul posted the link to TLC's website where the talk back part 1 and look back how it started epis are posted.  They are in the individual episode threads.  I missed the how it started epi and wanted to see it just to see Crybrows' meltdown.  It definitely delivered.  

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Loved Jenn's reactions to Meri's statements!! Meri and her laughter cracked me up in that clip!

You are so right...Meri's laughing was a thing of beauty...

BTW...Meri looks very pretty....

OG3 motto:

Escape...Be free & Pretty again...

I'm glad to see, in these new clips, that Jenn is finally allowed to assume the posture of the best friend. After all, she is the best friend of the woman whom Kody Brown has treated as his bidet for 30+ years. It's the first time her inclusion in the show has felt truly satisfying. 

Don't get me wrong. Even before now, I was glad to see that Meri's life beyond the family wasn't as lonely as her life within it. At first, their silly BFF shenanigans were at least a break from the stale Christine/Janelle convos, and Robyn/Meri convos, but had you lifted the Meri/Jenn stuff from any given episode, I wouldn't have missed it. If you took out Jenn directly addressing the camera ("The act is easy") and flat-out calling Robyn selfish (instead of going soft on Robyn for the sake of Meri's sense of loyalty) the episode would be poorer for it. Go, Jenn!

• Like 14

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/sister-wives-star-meri-brown-debuts-a-new-name-on-christmas-eve.html/   According to this article, Meri may have changed her last name to Davenport.  I googled her maiden name and it said it's Meri Caroline Davenport so if she did change it, I'm happy for her. It shows she's truly broken away from that Neanderthal and his psychotic wife. Good for her!!  It also said nee Barber in parenthesis after Davenport. I also saw on Reddit that someone said Davenport was a last name of an ancestor of Meri's so it's confusing.

Edited by ladyscorpio
  • Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ladyscorpio said:

There was a little line above the second e in the word nee, meaning she was originally  called Barber before Davenport but I couldn't figure out how to put the  little line above it.

Every time I need to use some sort of foreign accent mark, I end up googling it and getting the directions for my mac. I think Windows directions are there too, but I don't even look for that as I am all mac at this time.

Or you can just google the word and the one with the accent will show up so just copy/paste it where you want it. From google: née. That's the easiest way.

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Every time I need to use some sort of foreign accent mark, I end up googling it and getting the directions for my mac. I think Windows directions are there too, but I don't even look for that as I am all mac at this time.

Or you can just google the word and the one with the accent will show up so just copy/paste it where you want it. From google: née. That's the easiest way.

Thank you!

• Like 4

It looks like Lizzie's mom, Sarah, was a Davenport. She's credited on the Inn's site as being the first host at what is now Lizzie's. Lizzie herself seems to have been an Adams.

(There's a creepy story in there somewhere where the inn slowly possesses Meri 😅)

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Sarah's name is documented here, on the Lizzie's Heritage Inn blog: 

https://www.lizziesheritageinn.com/post/happy-valentines-day-2020

For all of us here at Lizzie's Heritage Inn, Valentine's Day is a time to celebrate! Not only is it a time to celebrate love in all versions and capacities, but also to celebrate the founding woman of this home, Sarah Ann Davenport Adams.

Born February 14, 1847 in England, her family moved to the US when she was two years old. By the time she was five, they had settled in Parowan, Utah. In 1863 when she was 16 years old, she married Charles Adams. Just seven years later in 1870, they built and moved into the historic home that is now Lizzie's Heritage Inn.

She would go on to have 12 children, nine of whom would grow to adulthood, raising them in this home that we all now know and love. (Her seventh child, Will L, would eventually marry Lizzie, for whom the Inn is named.)

Sarah was a woman who loved, and laughed, and enjoyed life. She performed on the stage for many years, until after she had six children, and sang for 40 years in the same choir that she had begun singing in when she was eleven. Some of her grandchildren would later recall how she didn't like birthday parties given in her honor, but how she she loved the Valentine's the grandchildren would bring, and that she would hang them on the curtains in her home. She looked forward to her grandchildren coming to visit on her birthday/Valentine's Day, and would hold court in the parlor as they gave her their gifts. Each child, in turn, would receive the much coveted mints she always carried with her.

Her home was a central gathering spot in early Parowan, housing the first telegraph, that she, herself, would operate. She welcomed guests and took people in and made them feel warm and comfortable.

In celebrating and honoring this amazing woman, and continuing with our sesquicentennial celebration for the home in 2020, I am excited to announce Sarah's Corner at Lizzie's Heritage Inn. We will have a variety of treasures, sweets, and of course her coveted mints, available for our guests, as well as visitors stopping by for a quick rest during their travels.

I hope by doing this, we can all feel a little bit of the love that Sarah herself would have bestowed on the guests passing through her home.

Meri and staff of Lizzie's Heritage Inn

I figure there's a 50/50 chance here. Either Meri changed her name, or Jenn is trying to tease her into it.

Ginger brought over a screenshot of the ornament that spawned this question, here: 

On 12/24/2023 at 12:26 PM, ginger90 said:

4D29B6EC-26D7-4078-B2A1-3DAD0CA42A64.jpeg

It's a postcard to Santa type ornament, and you'll notice beyond the "Davenport" name, "Meri's" request is for Santa to bring her "pink & white sparkly countertops with rounded edges," and a "new BFF."

In one of their season 18 scenes together, I think the same one where Meri told Jenn and Blair that she didn't like circles in design, because they're not an efficient use of space, Blair and Jenn were trying to talk Meri into getting white countertops for the carriage house remodel. Jenn then (jokingly) pushed for pink and white sparkly countertops. 

So the "Davenport" could be a real name spoiler for Meri, or it could just be Jenn being silly.

Edited by General Days
Edited to make URL work as a link
  • Like 8
On 12/27/2023 at 12:36 PM, 65mickey said:

Yeah, I watched this scene and Robyn's response is one of complete panic because he is about to say something really stupid and damaging.  And what made it worse is that he was responding to a guy who is one of his few fans.  Kody needs some sort of psychiatric help.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
On 12/29/2023 at 10:52 AM, ladyscorpio said:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/sister-wives-star-meri-brown-debuts-a-new-name-on-christmas-eve.html/   According to this article, Meri may have changed her last name to Davenport.  I googled her maiden name and it said it's Meri Caroline Davenport so if she did change it, I'm happy for her. It shows she's truly broken away from that Neanderthal and his psychotic wife. Good for her!!  It also said nee Barber in parenthesis after Davenport. I also saw on Reddit that someone said Davenport was a last name of an ancestor of Meri's so it's confusing.

Good for Meri. Kody melted down their wedding ring. Meri ditched his name. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Don't look now, but in a few days we're going to be treated to an episode featuring Christine and David's wedding PART ONE, which means there'll be a part two!!!

And I'm betting the forums will be down so we can't live chat the wedding.

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, altopower said:

And I'm betting the forums will be down so we can't live chat the wedding.

LOL! I hope not! I can't wait to see and chat about the whole K&R comment we saw the sneak peak of! 

• LOL 6
On 12/30/2023 at 12:27 PM, Meow Mix said:

Yeah, I watched this scene and Robyn's response is one of complete panic because he is about to say something really stupid and damaging.  And what made it worse is that he was responding to a guy who is one of his few fans.  Kody needs some sort of psychiatric help.

Or threatening/ abusive like he said in part three he wanted to just punch someone because of the things being said about Robyn! 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

Meri adopted a very pretty dog yesterday!

I saw Zona over on Meri's thread! What a cutie!!

A subliminal stab at Crybrows? Meri loves dogs, she doesn't kick them!!

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1