Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

https://www.etonline.com/media/videos/sister-wives-christine-celebrates-her-50th-birthday-without-robyn-and-kody-exclusive

I feel badly for Robyn's kids, even though I know and understand why Christine didn't invite them to the party. Not only are they being left out through not fault of their own, but they're likely watching the party on the show and social media, and seeing talking head comments about themselves. It must create a very awkward situation. Not to mention what lies and exaggerations they are likely being told by Robyn and Kody about why they are being left out. 

It has to be hard to hear your former "sister mothers" saying they are now a family without you. And it explains why they don't reach out to the other kids. It must be very uncomfortable. Not to mention, all the kids are being forced by take sides (except Mykelti, who is apparently Switzerland). 

If any of the Brown adults really cared about the kids, they would get their mess off the television and social media. But they're all about the paycheck.

• Like 9
52 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

Real subtle clip of throwing trees in a wood chipper while Meri discusses her marriage lol

I saw the tree removal going on in the background too. I have been worrying that in a big wind it would crush the B&B. About time she had it cut down!

• Like 3

Jeebus, Meri, shit or get off the pot.  This endless spiel of "There's nothing here, I should go", "I could stay in Flagstaff and see what happens", "Screw him he's not worth it".  Pick one and stick to it.  I'm sick of this endless loop of nonsense.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

https://www.etonline.com/media/videos/sister-wives-christine-celebrates-her-50th-birthday-without-robyn-and-kody-exclusive

I feel badly for Robyn's kids, even though I know and understand why Christine didn't invite them to the party. Not only are they being left out through not fault of their own, but they're likely watching the party on the show and social media, and seeing talking head comments about themselves. It must create a very awkward situation. Not to mention what lies and exaggerations they are likely being told by Robyn and Kody about why they are being left out. 

It has to be hard to hear your former "sister mothers" saying they are now a family without you. And it explains why they don't reach out to the other kids. It must be very uncomfortable. Not to mention, all the kids are being forced by take sides (except Mykelti, who is apparently Switzerland). 

If any of the Brown adults really cared about the kids, they would get their mess off the television and social media. But they're all about the paycheck.

If they watch the show, they had a chance this week to see why they are being left out when "the family" gathers - Kooty and Sobbyn both said they didn't want to get together with everyone else, a potential reunion was a definite NO from both of them. Sobbyn doesn't get to now claim that she's hurt to not be invited to the family gathering! She can't say it's not safe to gather the whole family together and then say she's hurt to not be invited to the gathering. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2

It have to admit, it makes me feel really sad to see that big tree being unceremoniously hacked down and destroyed piece by piece.  Does anyone know when it actually happened?  Given the way they mess with the timeline on this show, it might have been years ago! 

Whoever planted it in that spot sure had no idea what they were doing.  Douglas Firs (I think that is what it was) get HUGE.  It must have cost thousands to bring it down. 

I hope Meri does something creative with some of the wood in remembrance.   

ETA: I looked it up and it looks like they also took out the slightly smaller (but still huge) tree that was off the side.  The place looks different without the trees! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, OldWiseOne said:

If they watch the show, they had a chance this week to see why they are being left out when "the family" gathers - Kooty and Sobbyn both said they didn't want to get together with everyone else, a potential reunion was a definite NO from both of them. Sobbyn doesn't get to now claim that she's hurt to not be invited to the family gathering! She can't say it's not safe to gather the whole family together and then say she's hurt to not be invited to the gathering. 

Yeah totally agree! Crybrows can't have it both ways! Either they have the family gatherings/reunion with everyone or be excluded from events because you say it "isn't safe to gather the whole family together". What are people supposed to think? Crybrows says they are not safe to be around so why bother inviting them??

Crybrows painted herself and "her" fambly into a box and it is no one's fault but her own! Squeeze out a dry "woe is me" tear for that "Sweetie" and reap what you have sown.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

Loving Janelle's shade about how fun the party was because no worrying about someone being late, no politics, just easy. Crybrows and Kody are the partypoopers we all chanted about when we were 6. Bwwwaaahhh. Couldn't happen to 2 more deserving dolts.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah totally agree! Crybrows can't have it both ways! Either they have the family gatherings/reunion with everyone or be excluded from events because you say it "isn't safe to gather the whole family together". What are people supposed to think? Crybrows says they are not safe to be around so why bother inviting them??

Crybrows painted herself and "her" fambly into a box and it is no one's fault but her own! Squeeze out a dry "woe is me" tear for that "Sweetie" and reap what you have sown.

Exactly. 

She says it's not safe or just doesn't show up and then when they do, they all act stuck up and like it's their first time meeting everyone and are standing off to the side. 

No wonder Jenelle said it was easy.  Because they all have always been a family since they all started having kids. No one was excluded. Now they don't have to worry about the drama kidney and brows and their kids that either act stuck up and don't talk with resting bitch faces or are the little one that hasn't been shown to not be in other people's cakes, business, talking about stuff she has no clue about and just being a pest. 

They wouldn't have shown up, if they were invited. And if they were, everyone would have been walking in egg shells not to upset King Kidney and Brows and not to set off the anxiety of the one girl or it not being safe.

Which the not being safe is crap. Those two are acting like they are taking the kids to be around Josh Duggar for fucks sake.

• Like 1
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Radio Free Mormon?  I can't believe this is a real thing.

I made it through the first few minutes of crap and gave up.  Suddenly Kootie is LDS?  Didn't we just see him say he doesn't go to church anymore? Then he starts spewing BS and there was no way I was going to sit through 2 hours of that crap.

If someone has managed to do it and not puke, please share.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Lol, it's worth putting yourself through - just don't pretzel yourself by trying to follow his religious waffle. He's trying to rehab his image and seem like he's mellowed but he's still holding firm that the demise of the relationships with the OG3 is down to them having a tv audience to complain to rather than suck it up in sacred loneliness.

Edit; Also the comments in the live chat sidebar are ripping him to shreds. 😂

Edited by Auntie Freeze
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 9

Every time Kody or Robin talk I have to wonder why.  They want to be free of the whole kit and kaboodle of family. Why prolong the misery.

Kody was never a really good dad to all those kids and some of their hearts are breaking.

Robins kids don't give a fig about all of Kodys kids.  They can't wait for any meet up to be over.  I love looking in the background of family doings.  Those scenes tell the tale.

Speaking of which did I hear Kody tell Mikelti to share the chicken, cut breasts in half,because he only bought six for the festivities???

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1h33 - caller asks how a wife can be disloyal for withholding her kids when that's what Robyn did to her ex. I'm rolling. His face!

(He says Robyn never did that, the kids always had access to him and refuses to answer if they know their bio-dad has cancer cos yes, the caller went there).

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Applause 9

1h35ish - totally disses Robyn's "Other Mother" and asks the hosts to edit it out cos he misspoke. They have not edited it out. Get on it, it's a must see. 🤣

Edit: He begs them at the end to edit it out. I bet several YouTubers etc have already saved it. Whoopsy!

Edited by Auntie Freeze
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Radio Free Mormon?  I can't believe this is a real thing.

I made it through the first few minutes of crap and gave up.  Suddenly Kootie is LDS?  Didn't we just see him say he doesn't go to church anymore? Then he starts spewing BS and there was no way I was going to sit through 2 hours of that crap.

If someone has managed to do it and not puke, please share.

The guy who runs that podcast, Bill Reel, is not LDS. He is a former LDS. At this link, Reel writes about why he left Mormonism: https://wasmormon.org/profile/bill-reel/ 

I didn't watch it, and I'm not sure I will. It's an hour and 48 minutes and Kody looks to be on it for an hour and 45 minutes. 105 minutes is just too much Kody.

Anyhow, I don't necessarily think Kody's appearance on the podcast means he is LDS again. The AUB and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are all parts of the larger Latter-day Saints Movement (or Mormonism, i.e. all the groups spawned by Joseph Smith's claims). 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

Anyhow, I don't necessarily think Kody's appearance on the podcast means he is LDS again. 

He starts out by saying he's going to talk about being LDS and fundamentalist.  I couldn't listen any more; his "peace be to you" made me gag.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
11 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

He starts out by saying he's going to talk about being LDS and fundamentalist.  I couldn't listen any more; his "peace be to you" made me gag.

Kody was mainstream LDS until he was a young adult. He went on a mission for the LDS church, came home, learned his parents had converted, then he met Meri and converted too.

I think we peaced out (sorry) of that podcast at the same time. Watching him wave his fingers around in the peace sign just made go, "NOPE!"

Edited by General Days
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2

I listened about. 2 min. Just past the "peace be to you" gagged and said maybe later or never will I get back to it. I may try to see if I can just read the comments, that would be gold I'm sure!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Okay, the part about him snagging "the diesel jeans model" was just painful. He is so unaware of how all this sounds. He was bragging that he won the prize. Well now he has his prize and lost his family, oh well.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

OK, I don't even want to THINK about what that means. I am nauseated enough.

He was bragging about how Robin was a hot commodity and he managed to snag her. He referred to her as the "Hot Model". I watch the Tik Tok summaries so I don't have to suffer the insufferable KOdy, I just get the good stuff.

Does anyone know what he means when he says that now that they are split "they no longer cover each others sins in a cloak of charity"? He spews so many words. Starts blabbing about the "sacred loneliness again".

He also complains that his public persona has now made him and Robin the "heels of the show".

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4
32 minutes ago, spacefly said:

He also complains that his public persona has now made him and Robin the "heels of the show".

They always were, they're just now figuring it out and blabbing it all over the net in "exclusive" clips.

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
52 minutes ago, spacefly said:

He was bragging about how Robin was a hot commodity and he managed to snag her. He referred to her as the "Hot Model". I watch the Tik Tok summaries so I don't have to suffer the insufferable KOdy, I just get the good stuff.

Does anyone know what he means when he says that now that they are split "they no longer cover each others sins in a cloak of charity"? He spews so many words. Starts blabbing about the "sacred loneliness again".

Poor Widdle Kootie!  He can't believe how hated he and Crybrows are.  He's as dumb as a fence post.  

I'll try and listen to a bit of it later.  @Orcinus orca, I hope I don't get sick!

• Like 7
4 hours ago, spacefly said:

Okay, the part about him snagging "the diesel jeans model" was just painful. He is so unaware of how all this sounds. He was bragging that he won the prize. Well now he has his prize and lost his family, oh well.

4 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

OK, I don't even want to THINK about what that means. I am nauseated enough.

I started listening to it, while I was doing something else. Until I heard Kody say the words, I forgot there was a brand of jeans called Diesel Jeans. I think he's just saying she did modeling for them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

I'm guessing by "Diesel Jeans Model," he means she got suckered in by one of those "modeling agencies" that set up in a hotel conference room, take your picture and give you the proofs for $300, then put you on a callback list never to be heard from again (hi, college me from 1997!). Right up there with her "expert" breakdancing. If she was an actual model, don't you think we'd have seen some pitchers by now?

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, monagatuna said:

I'm guessing by "Diesel Jeans Model," he means she got suckered in by one of those "modeling agencies" that set up in a hotel conference room, take your picture and give you the proofs for $300, then put you on a callback list never to be heard from again (hi, college me from 1997!). Right up there with her "expert" breakdancing. If she was an actual model, don't you think we'd have seen some pitchers by now?

I'm thinking she probably did catalogue work, or some other print campaign.

3 hours ago, General Days said:

On the podcast, did Kody talk at all about where he and Robyn are now, religiously speaking?

I've been wondering if maybe he's left Mormonism altogether — perhaps for some sort of evangelical church or something.

Answering my own question sort of.

I'm about halfway through, and he seems to be criticizing aspects of Mormon theology (an expectation of perfection) and using a more traditional mainstream Christianity (salvation through Christ) to do so (from about 47 minutes to about 50 minutes, 45 seconds).

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
50 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think he was saying eh thought ROBYN looked like a jeans model, not that she actually was one.

I feel like the Diesel brand was a weird pick for that. She might have done some print work in the 90s or 2000s. She was a cute girl, until she married Kody.

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Robyn hadn’t been divorced for long before her she and kootie started a’courtin , right ?  And really how many men would be lining up for a woman with 3 children 

According to Kody, apparently hundreds. And she chose Kody. I wonder how long it took to start regretting that choice.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, General Days said:

I feel like the Diesel brand was a weird pick for that. She might have done some print work in the 90s or 2000s. She was a cute girl, until she married Kody.

I can’t imagine a fundie woman doing Diesel ads—they were quite provocative and controversial.
Diesel jeans are expensive, maybe that’s why Kody chose that brand to brag about what a “hot” catch Robyn was.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Adiba said:

I can’t imagine a fundie woman doing Diesel ads—they were quite provocative and controversial.
Diesel jeans are expensive, maybe that’s why Kody chose that brand to brag about what a “hot” catch Robyn was.

Robyn was an apostate for a while. Also, while the commercials were controversial, if she did catalogue or newspaper ad work (like for a department store that carried Diesel Jeans), Kody is totally capable of framing that as "Diesel Jeans model."

• LOL 6
21 minutes ago, General Days said:

Robyn was an apostate for a while. Also, while the commercials were controversial, if she did catalogue or newspaper ad work (like for a department store that carried Diesel Jeans), Kody is totally capable of framing that as "Diesel Jeans model."

You're right! He IS a complete and utter MORON.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
On 11/9/2022 at 2:17 AM, Tuxcat said:

On the other hand, I hate the thought of children watching their parents emotional separation play out week by week- and then filming their reactions to it - in order to make money.

Kody treated his kids like performing monkeys during filming. Anyone not falling in line was rarely televised. This is her chance to comment on anything and everything without parental censorship. I trust that this may even be therapeutic for her because no one's interjecting, saying she only feels this way because of a bad mother's influence and/or lies. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 10/24/2023 at 3:25 PM, kassa said:

but then that creates more "where's Meri's kid?" questions.

This comment triggers me because while you are writing it correctly, this is kody's attitude. As viewers, we should be able to say that about the Brown kids, BUT Kody refers to his children as Christine's kids Janelle's kids and Mary's kid. Never his OWN. I despise this man.

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, altopower said:

According to Kody, apparently hundreds

Robyn also said "she had options". She made it sound as if lots of men were lining up to marry her. But she "chose plural marriage". 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Was gonna comment on Crybrows but couldn't phrase without body shaming. I dislike her enough for her behavior, not going to pile on about something many struggle with.

I'm loving Christine recognizing Crybrows' relationship with Mykelti. I truly believe originally, Robyn was close to Mykelti for the help with the tenders, but Christine is magnanimous in her acceptance of the Dark Wife in the role she played with Mykelti. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

Was gonna comment on Crybrows but couldn't phrase without body shaming. I dislike her enough for her behavior, not going to pile on about something many struggle with.

I'm loving Christine recognizing Crybrows' relationship with Mykelti. I truly believe originally, Robyn was close to Mykelti for the help with the tenders, but Christine is magnanimous in her acceptance of the Dark Wife in the role she played with Mykelti. 

I'm sure I wouldn't be that magnanimous in that situation.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

The wife and I watched most of that interview yesterday when the TNF game was a snooze. Probably should've just kept the game on. It was more bloviating word salad from a man neither of us cared about. We did make up a terrible game of Would You Rather, though. Here are all things we'd rather do than be married to Kody:

-clean out the cat litter with our bare hands
-step in cat food with bare feet every day
-step in cat puke with bare feet every day
-never have cats again (the cat was on my lap so most of these are cat themed)
-never have sex again
-live in Utah
-have Kody's hair
-have Robyn's neck
-sell Lularoe
-wear Lularoe
-singk like Christine

We finally ended up agreeing that the only way either of us would marry Kody Brown is to save the cats.

• LOL 17