Type keyword(s) to search

S28:E09: Week 9, Overnights

• Start Topic

Watching Joey retrieve the note via hotel overhead camera reminded me of the footage we've all seen where some guy brings a girl to his room and leaves with her in a suitcase. Just a weird vibe -certainly not casting aspersions on Joey, but WTH, producers?

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

A thought on last weeks date with Kelsy.  I LOVED!! he was in the back of the tandem bike and wasn't all "ME MAN, ME DRIVE"  Physics actually - it's better for the heavier person to be in back and the stronger person to be in back.

• Like 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, WatcherUp2 said:

I blinked. Who the heck is the older woman with short black hair with a ginormous face?

Susan from The Golden Bachelor.

I'd be fine with Rachel or Daisy as the Bachelorette. Kelsey would make a good Bachelorette, too.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 7

I missed Rachel entering the water - I didnt' think anything earth shattering was going to happen so stepped away.  Can't believe they didnt' hype someone getting injured like they usually do.

• Like 4

Hospital? Rachel didn't do a face plant, did she? I don't understand exactly how she was injured. I guess she hit the water harder than it appeared.

4 minutes ago, alexa said:

I would always jump and not dive on one of those things.  You have to know the water is deep first.

I agree, although they only dove from the first, very low, platform. I might have been willing to dive from the second (maybe), but nothing higher than that.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, dizzyd said:

Hospital is a 1st time for overnights. Hurt jaw is definitely going to make kissing painful.

This is so bizarre. She wasn't really hurt, right? I almost feel like she got "hurt" after Joey wanted more than a tiny peck of a kiss. I just don't see a romantic connection between these two.

Wow! Great date! (sarcasm)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I wonder if the senior who visits joey’s f1 will be the golden bachelorette, maybe that’s how they’ll make their final pick.

• Useful 4
7 minutes ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

This is so bizarre. She wasn't really hurt, right? I almost feel like she got "hurt" after Joey wanted more than a tiny peck of a kiss. I just don't see a romantic connection between these two.

Wow! Great date! (sarcasm)

I think she was hurt. She looked like she was trying to hide her pain but it showed in her eyes.

• Like 11

I think that her face hit the water wrong. She jumped, but maybe as she looked down to watch herself approaching the water, she didn't pull her head back up in time and it hit the flat water surface hard. I'm wincing just thinking about it.

• Like 6
(edited)

Can you imagine breaking your face off and then likely not getting a rose, since Joey seems to be really into Kelsey and Daisy. (I’m behind on the show so my comments won’t line up until I hit enough commercials to FF.)

i think Rachel’s fingers match the Joey, we need to talk letter—pink nails, darker skin tone. Unless someone else comes back, Daisy and Kelsey are too pale 

ETA: Kelsey also has pink nails…and a tan! Lol. I’m still going with Rachel. She was super emotional that whole date.

Edited by JenE4
  • Applause 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

That's one fugly green dress on Kelsey.

She does have a different dress style. I noticed it on night 1 out the limo with those clunky heels and she’s worn that style every time since. But this is night and day from Rachel’s date. Oh and look, her butterfly mom brought her friends!

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 5

Kelsey looks even more beautiful without her usual slightly excessive makeup. I guess it's been more noticeable this season with more women having a natural look. 

• Like 7

Did the producers request all those butterflies? LOL. Either way, it made me say "awwww."

The difference in Joey's dates with Rachel and Kelsey couldn't have been more obvious. I like Rachel, but her date with Joey was one of the dreariest, least romantic fantasy suite dates I've ever sat through. Meanwhile, he can't keep the smile off his face with Kelsey, and can't keep his hands or his lips off of her. I really like watching them together.

• Like 11
  • Love 3

Joey is a smitten kitten with Kelsey.  And Kelsey is so giggly with Joey. I liked their interaction the morning after, cooking and eating. 

• Like 13
  • Love 4

Joey is still making Kelsey jump off a high boat into the water after his last date nearly lost the bottom half of her face in a bottomless sea cave. Just climb off the ladder!

They made Kelsey do a voiceover in her green dress with 80s style curly hair. This was not filmed during/after this date. Her hair keeps changing in that voiceover, so they filmed at least 2 if not more different occasions. I guess it could be this next morning—though even the robe voiceovers kept changing the hair! I think she’s the one and got extra takes. She’s happiest and loviest with the curly hair that could be styled by a professional for the final rose ceremony day.

Joey is falling in love with Kelsey for a long time! Let’s hope he doesn’t say the same to Daisy, as has somehow become status quo in recent seasons. But geez, now these two are soooo in love that…he might choose Daisy?!? How’s he supposed to have a date with Daisy now?!

• Like 8

It seems like a lot of what Daisy said, we didn’t actually see come out of her mouth. 

joey looks enthralled by Daisy when he looks at her…but lots of awkward pauses

joey just word vomited all over Daisy. It seems like he wants her approval. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Joey was so uncomfortable talking with Daisy. He even started filling his sentences with “like”. This is the first time I’ve seen him struggle. He’s always so smooth. This convo was painful. 

• Like 2
(edited)

We’re having to wait 2 weeks to find out who was eliminated and see the “talk”! 😡Hope she’s not self eliminating.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Mind Blown 3

They’re in the same resort…right?  It’s been sunny whenever they show Kelsey, but raining with daisy. I wish I had paid more attention to the weather earlier. It seems it was cloudy at beginning of Kelsey date?

I still say daisy is the one that looks right on paper to Joey,  but physically he’s more into Kelsey. Sometimes daisy seems a little calculating.  Joey and Kelsey look more relaxed together

• Like 9

Wow. That was some really bad frankenbiting of Joey’s words on the jungle couch with Daisy. Didn’t show him speaking at all and every word was plucked from different conversations and tone and cadence didn’t match at all. 

Joey is giving Daisy his sob story at this dinner. Everything is all topsy-turvey. Oh, no, now Daisy is crying worrying about not getting chosen. We’re 3-for-3…actually, 4, as Joey also has this fear.

Wait, Joey is also telling Daisy that he’s been falling in love with her for a while?! Oh, no. His feelings don’t seem as genuine here. He’s very formal addressing feelings with Daisy and Rachel. He was gushing with Kelsey! Oh, he’s a bit more gushy in the morning with Daisy. At any rate, good-bye, Rachel! 

Kelsey is pulling a Maria?! I’m insecure so it’s now or never so you don’t hurt me more. This did not work out for Maria. However, Joey actually does love Kelsey, so now he”s spiraling worrying about Kelsey leaving him, so it might work out better for her.

• Like 10
58 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Kelsey is pulling a Maria?! I’m insecure so it’s now or never so you don’t hurt me more.

I blame this on Leslie. She’s just a dreary, sad sack person. To be honest, I’d just as soon never see any of the GB ladies ever again. 

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

TPTB totally told Leslie to tell Kelsey that stuff. Can’t have a young lady confident she’s winning..gotta make her spiral, thus making lead spiral

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, MissPriss said:

Joey was so uncomfortable talking with Daisy. He even started filling his sentences with “like”. This is the first time I’ve seen him struggle. He’s always so smooth. This convo was painful. 

I think he and Daisy are knowingly setting up her Bachelorette origin story.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
57 minutes ago, MissPriss said:

I blame this on Leslie. She’s just a dreary, sad sack person

ITA.  I have never liked Leslie, and I’m amazed that so many people think she is attractive.  She made her conversation with Kelsey all about HERSELF and how badly she believes she was treated.  Sure, this was all producer-driven, but it’s also exactly how she feels.  If she’s the Golden Bachelorette, I’m outta here!

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
8 hours ago, adhoc said:

I think that her face hit the water wrong. She jumped, but maybe as she looked down to watch herself approaching the water, she didn't pull her head back up in time and it hit the flat water surface hard. I'm wincing just thinking about it.

What was the reason for jumping three different ways in the first place?  I wouldn’t.

5 hours ago, TomGirl said:

ITA.  I have never liked Leslie, and I’m amazed that so many people think she is attractive.  She made her conversation with Kelsey all about HERSELF and how badly she believes she was treated.  Sure, this was all producer-driven, but it’s also exactly how she feels.  If she’s the Golden Bachelorette, I’m outta here!

I think Leslie is too old for that hair hanging down her face.  Not a good look.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, he’s a bit more gushy in the morning with Daisy.

When he left, Daisy had an odd look on her face, like she was questioning her feelings for Joey.  I've been Team Daisy since the first episode, but now I'm thinking Kelsey is the one.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, TomGirl said:

It seems (IMHO) that the producers are less manipulative since Fleiss left. I really think Leslie's choice of words with Kelsey were all her own.  Everything she said we've heard from her a thousand times before. She's a very negative person and I won't watch if she's the Golden Bachelorette, either.

On a separate note, someone mentioned Leslie's hair. I think it makes her look even more dour. Long hair like that on an older woman drags her face down and makes her look older, not younger. I'm not saying their hair has to be very short, just that keeping the same style they most likely wore in high school is not the win they think it is.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3

I feel bad for Rachel.  First, she hurts her face, then you basically get forgotten for the rest of the episode, and then with the cliffhanger you have no shot at WTA.  If she is third, she doesn’t come back till an episode that is clearly about others.

• Like 9

Poor Rachel, it looked like she really hit her face wrong, even if she's fine that can really sting, especially when your supposed to be on a date. I like Rachel but I get more of a friends vibe from her and Joey than a romantic connection. They have fun and like teasing each other, but they seem more like buddies when they hang out. 

The scuba diving date looked like so much fun, love those underwater shots of the adorable marine life! That turtle and his yellow fish friend! Joey seems to have the biggest connection to Kelsey, they seem so natural together, both all giggly and flirty. He seems to really lean into her in a way he doesn't with the others. She's quite cute and I can see them being a cute couple, a couple of puppies. 

Joey seemed kind of nervous around Daisey, they do have good chemistry but there seems to be some things unsaid between them. 

They are really going hard on they sage wisdom of the Golden Bachelor ladies aren't they? Damn it Leslie, why would you put that evil into Kelsey's cute little head?! Its so clear that she's the front runner, but I guess its a lot more obvious to us. I definitely think that those were Leslie's own words, but the producers were certainly hoping for some last minute drama with this note. Everyone is so nice and chill, there just isn't that last minute crying and yelling that they crave. 

A cliffhanger?! After that?!

• Like 12
(edited)

I posted on the Bachelor Party site that I think what they did to Kelsey here is psychological torture. Why did they have to mess with her like that? Leslie, at the producers behest of course, really just unloaded all her damage onto Kelsey. Not cool. 

Edited by angelamh66
  • Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1

I wonder if  the Golden Bachelor ladies were on the show as kind of an audition to gauge viewer response before settling on a Golden Bachelorette.  Notice Kathy wasn’t included. 

• Like 1

Great idea-let's get women who didn't 'win' the Golden Bachelor and have them give advice to women still in the running for The Bachelor.  Oh, and let's include Leslie who has had numerous failed relationships (per her own words) and is not only negative but also bitter about her time on Golden Bachelor.  Yea, yea, that's the ticket...said no one ever other than producers looking for drama...

• Like 6
  • Applause 8
(edited)

Rachel strikes me as the friend a man would call for advice when he's arguing with his girlfriend. No romance on his end.

Kelsey seems to be the one. He couldn’t wait to be affectionate with her and he said “I missed you,” several times, before she said it. And he looked like he wanted to drown in her.

i was taken aback that he said to Daisy the same things about falling in love and has been for awhile. I miss early Bachelor when those words weren’t said until the proposal. But even though he said the same words, to my eyes the same intensity and pleading gazes weren’t there. 

Maybe Leslie told that to Kelsey on her own, or maybe producer manipulation, but to me it doesn’t make a difference. The producers hired her to chat with Kelsey and they knew that Leslie feels this way. So it was a perfect setup to have her make the one statement that is upending Kelsey now.

I still think she is the one and this is just Bachelor shenanigans.

If it’s Daisy I’d be ok with that too.  I like her and Kelsey, and I think Joey has been a wonderful Bachelor.

Edited by Arkay
  • Like 5
  • Love 2