Type keyword(s) to search

S28:E09: Week 9, Overnights

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

I feel bad for Rachel.  First, she hurts her face, then you basically get forgotten for the rest of the episode, and then with the cliffhanger you have no shot at WTA.  If she is third, she doesn’t come back till an episode that is clearly about others.

Do you think they're going to show the rest of last night's episode BEFORE the WTA? That way, the final episode would only be about the final 2, as usual, and the 3rd place gal could still be at the WTA. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Recyclorette said:

Do you think they're going to show the rest of last night's episode BEFORE the WTA? That way, the final episode would only be about the final 2, as usual, and the 3rd place gal could still be at the WTA. 

Oh that’s an interesting idea.  I had assumed we would wait but let’s keep fingers crossed for your version.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

When he left, Daisy had an odd look on her face, like she was questioning her feelings for Joey.  I've been Team Daisy since the first episode, but now I'm thinking Kelsey is the one.

I think it's Kelsey. He has great chemistry with her. I've never warmed to Daisy and she seems ambivalent about Joey. 

4 hours ago, Arkay said:

Rachel strikes me as the friend a man would call for advice when he's arguing with his girlfriend. No romance on his end.

Agree. No spark between them. Friend zone. 

• Like 5

Joey to Rachel: “Last night was amazing.  I appreciate how vulnerable you were and how you opened up.  It was nice to see a different side of you.”  Alright now!

• Like 1

If they wanted these chats they should have gotten someone like a previous Bachelorette.  Jerry's cast of Golden Bachelor wasn't needed. 

They could have asked Jojo. She was successful. 

• Like 5

Rachel handled the situation well and I'm glad they were able to have their night together. 

Kelsey's date looked like a lot of fun but poor thing had to keep messing with her hair getting in her way. 

Joey and Daisy had such a blast together. They have the best connection. Joey is all in with his affections for Daisy. He does the deep passionate kissing with Daisy while he mostly just has pecks with others. Many and some longer pecks but not on the same level as his kisses with Daisy. He was really pulling Daisy into him in that shower too. That shower scene was hot. 

I can see him with any of the final three. They all are very likeable to me. Just with the history of the show, I just don't see him actually getting married to anyone from the season. But I've enjoyed watching his season and wish them all well. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

If they wanted these chats they should have gotten someone like a previous Bachelorette.  Jerry's cast of Golden Bachelor wasn't needed. 

They could have asked Jojo. She was successful. 

The women from The Golden Bachelor were very popular. I think the ratings for Golden Bachelor were higher than regular Bachelor/ette. So the show is trying to cash in on the popularity of these ladies by featuring them—and maybe some of that older demographic might tune in to see them. The problem is, the more we see them, such as here and featured prominently in Gerry and Theresa’s wedding special, the novelty of them is kind of wearing off. Plus, I think what made them seem fun and engaging was the Golden Girls aspect of them all genuinely having a good time together in the house. When they’re just 1:1, the pizzazz is gone. Leslie has always been a sad sack. Sandra was too much with the “men like sex” talk, as if this was novel and sage advice. And the other one I forgot her name, is just too me-me-me the way she officiated G&T’s wedding and half of what she said was all about herself. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6

Did anyone just find this episode super boring?  I like Joey as a bachelor a lot but he is sort of flat.  I feel like at this point he's really checked out.  I honestly think he may have liked Maria the best but was so afraid that she wouldn't choose him that he picked Rachel instead.  I also think they may have had some differences that he just thought they couldn't overcome.  Perhaps Maria said she was unwilling to leave Canada or live more than X miles away from her dad.  I don't always think everything is about the "connnection", I think some of it is about the practical side of it as well.   

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
4 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I feel like at this point he's really checked out.

Fatigue. It always sets in. How long can anyone be “normal” in a pressure cooker? He’s either found the one or not. Either way, he’s just plain tired. 🥱 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Busy week, but finally got caught up with Fantasy Suites.

Rachel seems great, but Joey talks to her with the same passion you would have while going over references with a potential new dog walker.  

Also, do not let her enter water from more than about 5 feet away. On that jump where she messed up her jaw, she went in feet first but head down -- she basically belly-flopped with her face. I trust her nurse friends have been giving her endless grief about that all week.

In contrast to the Domestic Help Interview energy Joey brought with Rachel, getting within five feet of Kelsey forcibly time-jumps him back to puberty. (Same here, TBH, though her consistently incorrect use of "Joey and I" has a "sliding naked down an ice chute" effect on me. But that is my problem, and one Joey doesn't share.)

ABC got their money's worth from Leslie (?) when she was trying to break Kelsey's mind. Well done. I don't think that note will amount to anything, but you can tell they were eager to have a cliffhanger. (That will get resolved before the WTA next week, right? Then quickly move to the rose ceremony and WTA can also include the new dog wal--... um... the third place finisher.)

Anyway, I'm fully on the Kelsey Train. Her ears stick straight out from the side of her head and she DGAF and I love it.

I don't know what to say about Daisy. They seem to have the same date every time. She has a very pretty smile, which is good because smiling is her go-to move. Daisy seemed to be talking herself into falling in love with Joey, which is exactly how love works, as we all know. 

I do wonder if somewhere during their marathon smile sessions she's clued into a potential roadblock between them. Religion or politics or a tall girl from New Orleans with excellent handwriting. At least two of those, ABC wouldn't air at gunpoint. The third they would resolve in a thunderdome.

Anyway. WTA is likely to be annoying to watch but I'm curious to see all the BiP auditions.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I don't get the Joey hype.

He's cute, I'll give him that.

But he talks like he's just been to the dentist and his mouth is still numb.

What has he ever said, of substance?

Rachel spoke better than he, with a truly numb mouth.

I don't get it.

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

What has he ever said, of substance?

In Joey’s defense, do you really think TPTB are ever  going to let us hear a conversation of substance? Joey shows a maturity that most Bachelors (at least on this show) are missing. He can answer questions and ask leading questions better than most men I know! He knows how to converse. And he does it without using “like” every other word. 

If there is a fault, he’s too smooth. TPTB like drama that only hunky low IQ bachelors can stir up. Reality TV usually strips people of their common sense, reducing them to camera hogging idiots. (Well, maybe that’s just my opinion.😂)

Edited by MissPriss
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1