Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/26/2024

• Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 26 – Dr. Phil (author, “We’ve Got Issues”)

Tuesday, Feb. 27 – Kara Swisher (author, “Burn Book: A Tech Love Story”)

Wednesday, Feb. 28 – Marc Summers and a game of “Double Dare” with the co-hosts (off-Broadway, “The Life and Slimes of Marc Summers”)

Thursday, Feb. 29 – Laurence Fishburne (off-Broadway, “Like They Do In The Movies”)

Friday, March 1 – Day of Hot Topics

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I honestly didn’t know Dr. Phil was still around

I LOVED Dr. Phil back in the day! I even flew out to LA to attend one of the tapings. But that was back when he was giving credible, actionable advice, but for the last 10 or 15 years, it’s been a sad copy of the Jerry Springer show. 😞 

Yeah, at first he gave good advice, but then celebrity went to his head and his show became platform for exploiting people with mental illness for entertainment. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

I never liked Dr Phil but what really made me despise him is he did a show about the case of a high school girl being raped by two football players.  This happened 10 miles from where I live so I was very familiar with this story.   He had on a local woman who was defending the football team and coach who knew what had happened and tried to cover it up.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Wow. McGraw was certainly asserting talking points without offering anything to back up his words. And we’re supposed to believe his new news network doesn’t have an agenda?

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 9
49 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow. McGraw was certainly asserting talking points without offering any anything to back up his words. And we’re supposed to believe his new news network doesn’t have an agenda?

He's a menace to society, always has been & always will be. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3

His ignorance is infuriating. Hey asshole, just because you didn’t personally know of any school children that died from COVID doesn’t mean they don’t exist! And closing schools/going to virtual learning is what kept them safe!

• Like 14
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

His ignorance is infuriating. Hey asshole, just because you didn’t personally know of any school children that died from COVID doesn’t mean they don’t exist! And closing schools/going to virtual learning is what kept them safe!

His memory, like many others, must be short.  I remember so clearly, back in late 2019 and then early 2020, Covid was first in the news in Italy, people were literally dying in the streets there.  Then it was here, and hospitals were overrun.  Portable morgues were installed in hospital parking lots.  People were dying by the thousands every day, and there was no cure or vaccine. Remember all the people who had to go on ventilators?  Obviously Phil forgets.

Some children may have suffered academically because of closed schools, but at least they are ALIVE.  And him saying they were the least vulnerable.  Guess what Phil, those children could have attended school and been little carriers of the virus home to parents and grandparents.  Not to mention the teachers and other adults who had to run the schools!  I guess Phil, like some other politicians, feels that they were expendable.  Idiots.

Phil, your political leanings are shining through. I used to like him when Oprah first introduced him, I even bought his books. He is a charlatan now, similar to Dr. Oz.

• Like 17
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Wow. McGraw was certainly asserting talking points without offering anything to back up his words. And we’re supposed to believe his new news network doesn’t have an agenda?

I thought it was interesting he said his network would deal in facts and let the viewer come up with their own conclusions.  Then he proceed insist his conclusion on schools, kids and covid was fact.   

• Like 10
  • LOL 5

Never liked Dr. Phil. He's one of those types who like to dress up their bullshittery as supposedly being  "common sense." I remember actually being surprised by some of his opinions the last one or two times he showed up on The View, but it looks like he's back to normal based on today's show.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Oprah should be proud of some of the nut jobs she’s brought into our lives. Dr. Phil being just one.

and dr oz

both quacks

why the heck did they decide to have this person on???

Edited by cinsays
  • Like 15

Former teacher here.  Schools are petrie dishes. Always have been, always will be.  Closing the schools did damage, socially, psychologically, and academically, but the damage would have been much worse, in fact deadly if they weren't closed.  Deadly not just to the children, but to their parents, teachers, and grandparents.  Many children live with grandparents as guardians,  or in multi-generational homes.  If kids went to school during the worst of the pandemic, how many of those grandparents would have wound up hospitalized, or worse?  In one school district here, kids went back to school, but kids in their classes got Covid, and so they were in school in person, then virtual, then in person, then virtual, over and over again.  Surely, that wasn't the right decision if we are looking for stability.  Dr. Phil is annoying, but more than that, his political opinions were right out there this morning.  I often am bothered by Sunny, and her need to always be the smartest one in the room, but today, I was proud of her, and Whoopie for standing up against Dr. Phil.

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Good on Sunny & Whoopi for pushing back at that charlatan.

I'm sick at the moment with flu, guess how I got sick, I don't go out much as I'm retired but we do have the 2 grandkids on a Thursday night and they're either in school or daycare every weekday. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, Grammy6 said:

I often am bothered by Sunny, and her need to always be the smartest one in the room, but today, I was proud of her, and Whoopie for standing up against Dr. Phil.

I was happy Whoopi and Sunny stepped up too.  I love how that asshole says he's going to be dealing in facts, when in fact, he's just  "reporting" ridiculous speculations by a border guard.  Gosh, he's disgusting.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
20 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Never liked Dr. Phil. He's one of those types who like to dress up their bullshittery as supposedly being  "common sense." 

He never looks anyone in the eye while delivering his speeches that dominate the 'conversation'.  He must have some sort of personality disorder that made him want to study psychology (and graduate near the bottom of his class).

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Denize said:

He never looks anyone in the eye while delivering his speeches that dominate the 'conversation'.  He must have some sort of personality disorder that made him want to study psychology (and graduate near the bottom of his class).

Exactly. He looked at the table almost the entire time.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

My goodness! The panel sounded as though they had never heard of "single issue voters" before. There are people who base their votes on a candidate's position on Roe v. Wade, on immigration policies, on the economy, gun control, or just because they can't stand a particular candidate. People who vote for someone based on the totality of their positions even if they don't agree with them all are sometimes accused of selling out by those who only care about one thing. 

On 2/26/2024 at 4:26 PM, Grammy6 said:

Former teacher here.  Schools are petrie dishes. Always have been, always will be.  Closing the schools did damage, socially, psychologically, and academically, but the damage would have been much worse, in fact deadly if they weren't closed.  Deadly not just to the children, but to their parents, teachers, and grandparents.  Many children live with grandparents as guardians,  or in multi-generational homes.  If kids went to school during the worst of the pandemic, how many of those grandparents would have wound up hospitalized, or worse?  In one school district here, kids went back to school, but kids in their classes got Covid, and so they were in school in person, then virtual, then in person, then virtual, over and over again.  Surely, that wasn't the right decision if we are looking for stability.  Dr. Phil is annoying, but more than that, his political opinions were right out there this morning.  I often am bothered by Sunny, and her need to always be the smartest one in the room, but today, I was proud of her, and Whoopie for standing up against Dr. Phil.

I had a hard time with how the health of the teachers and other school staff just weren't important to anyone it seemed.  These low paid teachers. Always thought the teachers should be remote if the parents and schools insisted the kids went back to class with parents in the classroom as supervision.

Dr. Phil is a tool.  He has no business opining on this topic.

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

I agreed with Sara for the first time in a while today, when they were talking about the Israel-Gaza situation and she said it makes her like a leader more when they do the right thing regardless of what cost it might bring to them.

• Like 2

I’m with Joy, very depressed about the current state of things.

Poor Sara. Being so firm in her opinions and willing to argue with the other hosts must have been too much for her. Taking a day off.

From yesterday’s silly segment. I soooo disagree with the hosts that seem to think it was perfectly ok to invite a person to a wedding but not their spouse. I would be pissed off and wouldn’t even send a gift.

Don't let the door hit you, Mitch. 

• Like 5

Ana called Dr. Phil out too but his segment came to an end. His remark in response to Ana that that they were the least vulnerable. Really? That’s like saying old people should be willing to die for the economy.. 
My daughter-in-law is a first grade teacher where her 2 boys go and I can’t tell you the weeks I’ve babysat one then another over the years.  She was lucky during that time the school let her use her empty classroom to teach on zoom since she lives in a small house where my son was working too.  She’d  have to teach many ESL parents how to use a computer or program. Teachers aren’t paid enough! 
I loved Richard Lewis during  his whole career. I’m saddened.  Along with Gilder Radner, one of my favorites Mitch Hedberg and the hysterical John Pinette. Comedians are my favorite people on the planet. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

From yesterday’s silly segment. I soooo disagree with the hosts that seem to think it was perfectly ok to invite a person to a wedding but not their spouse. I would be pissed off and wouldn’t even send a gift.

I once was invited to a wedding and when I responded that I would not be bringing a plus one, I was disinvited. I didn't send a gift either.

• Mind Blown 3
8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I felt like Whoopi was defending Ike Turner too much. Surprise, Surprise.

That aside I thought yesterday was a good show.  The conversation flows so much better when there is only four cohosts at the table.

• Like 2
(edited)

When Sunny mentioned an embryo doesn't become a puppy, my first thought was some embryos do become puppies, if it's a dog that is pregnant.  

Sunny kept trying for a "gotcha" answer from Dr. Jen when Dr. Jen was telling her what was going on medically.   When Sunny was undergoing IVF did they only use embryos that were healthy or did they place all of them?  Since she had two single births, I'm guessing they only used the healthy embryos that had a better chance at becoming a viable pregnancy.  What did they do with the embryos that weren't healthy?   Maybe she has said what they did with all the embryos and I didn't hear what she said. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Sunny said she used all her embryos.  I guess she didn't have many to begin with.  I too loved when Dr Jen kept dismissing Sunny's comments with science.

• Like 6

I agreed with Sunny on Thursday's show in regards to McConnell, that his legacy is largely one of disgrace. And with Joy about how frightening it is to see the corruption of the court that's happened in plain sight the past decade reach fruition.

I didn't really miss Sara on Thursday, but Alyssa seemed a little off without her. Joy's prostate joke at the end was the best part of the segment with Ashton.

• Like 1