Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Travelling North

Hoping to repair some burnt bridges between the ladies, Chyka invites them to the Elandra resort at Mission Beach. The breathtaking helicopter ride there provides a welcome distraction from the growing tension.

Andrea revealed herself to be a vile bitch. I still don't get all the hate directed at Gina. Andrea likes to think she's so smart, but being a bitch and being smart are two different things. I don't know how Gina sat there and didn't curse her out. Oh, and I disagree with Gina. Andrea is NOT pretty. I think she's the least attractive of the bunch.

Janet's story about her son was touching, but I still think she's a shit stirrer.

Lydia is a brainless sheep. I couldn't be friends with someone so stupid and shallow. She does not have a single original thought in her head.

Still like Chyka. She's a class act.

The more these bitches hate Gina, the more I like her.

• Love 11

I'm wondering what was in that email Gina cc'd Lydia and Andrea.  Cease and desist?  WTF?  

I can't stand Gina, but I think the other women expect Gina to act a certain way and Gina's having it, can't say I blame her.

Does Gina think she's better than the other women?  I don't know.   But I'm going to write something that's very un-PC.  I don't have an advanced degree, but if I were a lawyer, I'd be a bit pissed off if I were dressed down by someone like Lydia.  I'm not saying that Gina is better than Lydia; I think Lydia is beautiful, the best looking of all of them; but from Gina's perspective, I'd look at Lydia and think, "The only reason you have your rich husband, is because of your looks.

Maybe that's why Gina paints her face so, maybe she was teased as a child, called ugly.  Maybe Gina vowed that if she wasn't beautiful, she'd be smart, but that teasing still bites.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I laughed my ass off seeing these women at a POOL in full makeup, high heels, jewelry and purses. At a pool!

What a bunch of shallow, vain idiots.

I just stumbled across this show today and the pool scene was hilarious. They looked absolutely ridiculous.

• Love 2

I laughed my ass off seeing these women at a POOL in full makeup, high heels, jewelry and purses. At a pool!

What a bunch of shallow, vain idiots.

I just stumbled across this show today and the pool scene was hilarious. They looked absolutely ridiculous.

Maharincess - they ARE absolutely fucking ridiculous - with awesome accents!  You must watch more, more, more!   It's like going to church on Sunday morning, only better.  hee!  :-)

• Love 2

Poking myself in the eye with a sharp stick is better than going to church. My atheist ass would catch fire in one of those places.

I'll definitely watch it again. It was so bad it was good.

Because I know and cherish your atheist ass, I'm speaking to you as the fanatical converted.  This is better than a snake-handling revival tent place of worship.  Come to the bloody dahk soid, dahling and hev a stickybeak.  :-)

• Love 1

I'm wondering what was in that email Gina cc'd Lydia and Andrea.  Cease and desist?  WTF?

The gossip from the Aussie papers is that she(Gina) sent a letter to the producers about her partners.  Her partners were making it clear to her that they had not signed up for this and if their names were so much as mentioned then they would be making money off the production company.  Not all of the HWs were copied, just the two that had been talking about her partner(s).  We will never know what they said because it scared the producers and not a frame of the film was shown.  I think that letter frightened Andrea and she in turn told Lydia to be frightened.  Janet just wants a story line. She can't afford to keep paying these boys to take her on dates.

I would like to say a word about the drop crotch, menswear tailored slacks that Chyka was wearing when feeding the boys in the kitchen.  I HATE THEM, HATE THEM, HATE THEM.

I have been to resorts in that area and I would like to know what the story was.  That was a small resort but it was EMPTY.  I swear it had to be down for refurb or something.  It is a glorious area.  

• Love 1

Kudos for Gina to not fight with those dimwits. I laughed when she started powdering her nose while Andrea and Janet were yelling at her. 

I don't understand why Janet all of a sudden is mad at Gina. A couple of episodes ago, they were besties. Then suddenly Janet is so mad. Did I miss something?

Lydia and Andrea are straight up bitches. Jackie was right when she said she thought they all were bitches when she met the. Jackie is harmless. 

Chyka was the only reasonable person in the group. She was totally outnumbered. 

• Love 3

Kudos for Gina to not fight with those dimwits. I laughed when she started powdering her nose while Andrea and Janet were yelling at her. 

Reminded me of Vanessa from Game of Crowns with her lip gloss of dismissal.  Gina with her, "Well, don't look at me, darling."  She makes this show!

I just can't get over that idiot Andrea hectoring Gina at repeated dinners and lunches about how rude and abrasive she is.  She's like a dog with a bone.  Pot, meet kettle.

Seriously!  Yet another episode where she tells Gina how aggressive she is when she is the only one actually acting aggressive.  It seems some of the Housewives  have the standard Bravo Housewives playbook.

The pile up on Gina is too much like the things I don't like about the American Housewife shows.  The scenery around that seemingly deserted resort was wonderful though

• Love 4

So, let me get this straight.  They're all pissed at Gina because she's late, she said something in the washroom, and she cc'd them on a letter.  Is that about right?  Because I honestly wasn't paying much attention whilst applying my chapstick (which they could all use a coating of, on their third degree butthurts).

• Love 2

I kept thinking that Andrea reminded me of someone or something. The lowered eyelids, the unmoving face. And then it hit me. She reminds me of Marge Simpson's aunts. You know who I mean? They have the very raspy voices.

Cannot stand Andrea, and Lydia is dumb as a doornail. It was painful watching her try to speak in sentences when she was having her tete a tete with Gina. And I believe Gina was losing patience not only because Lydia doesn't understand that every woman does not need a man, but also because Lydia is so frikkin' thick. What a dummy!

• Love 3

I couldn't be friends with Gina; I detest people who are always late.  To me, chronic lateness is selfish, I think people who are chronically late are desperate for attention.  

If Janet wanted to say something to Gina, she should have pulled her aside and said it to her in private.  Not cool to say it in front of everybody.  I don't get why Janet is upset with Gina; if she's been friends with Gina for over 20 years, seems like she should be used her her chronic lateness.

• Love 1
So, let me get this straight.  They're all pissed at Gina because she's late, she said something in the washroom, and she cc'd them on a letter.

I find it very distracting that the sniping seems to be about something that happened off-camera, and that they're dancing around it by alluding to it but not getting into it. It's created a disjointed "WTF?" narrative, where the audience doesn't really know what's going on and is trying to piece it together. In one episode, you've got Janet and Gina hanging out together in Janet's hotel suite, dishing over her date and getting pedicures…they seem to be having fun and enjoying each other's company. And then, a couple of episodes later, Janet's saying that she doesn't even want to be friends with her. Huh?

If it's REALLY about Gina being an hour late for tennis, or being butthurt over comments she made about Jackie's psychic reading (which were relatively harmless until Lydia "interpreted" them), then dang, these women need to get some life perspective. But it seems like they're really pissed about this letter and are instead latching onto small things to get into it with Gina. Ugh.

• Love 3

I find it very distracting that the sniping seems to be about something that happened off-camera, and that they're dancing around it by alluding to it but not getting into it. It's created a disjointed "WTF?" narrative, where the audience doesn't really know what's going on and is trying to piece it together. In one episode, you've got Janet and Gina hanging out together in Janet's hotel suite, dishing over her date and getting pedicures…they seem to be having fun and enjoying each other's company. And then, a couple of episodes later, Janet's saying that she doesn't even want to be friends with her. Huh?

If it's REALLY about Gina being an hour late for tennis, or being butthurt over comments she made about Jackie's psychic reading (which were relatively harmless until Lydia "interpreted" them), then dang, these women need to get some life perspective. But it seems like they're really pissed about this letter and are instead latching onto small things to get into it with Gina. Ugh.

I so agree.  It was very confusing and disjointed to go from one episode where Janet and Gina seemed to genuinely be friends, to one where Janet hates her guts (ok, a bit of exaggeration on my part, but you get my drift!)

Also, what's this about Gina having more than one partner?  I thought the only one in the picture was the one who had recently moved to Florida.  Do we know who the others are? 

• Love 1

Andrea, Janet and Lydia are seriously psycho, especially Andrea.  What on earth was her problem, going off on Gina like that like a rabid dog? She's the one who's rude and vile and all the other nasty things she was spewing. I don't blame Gina at all for leaving. Who needs that bullshit? I love how she doesn't lower herself to their level when they attack, but she needs to learn that maybe Chyka (what a name) is the only one she can have a bit of a gossip with because the rest of these bitches will rat you out in a heartbeat. Janet needs to get a life and Lydia is dumb as fuck. 

Like Jackie, though, I would love to see her without all of the makeup!

• Love 2

I so agree.  It was very confusing and disjointed to go from one episode where Janet and Gina seemed to genuinely be friends, to one where Janet hates her guts (ok, a bit of exaggeration on my part, but you get my drift!)

Also, what's this about Gina having more than one partner?  I thought the only one in the picture was the one who had recently moved to Florida.  Do we know who the others are? 

Duke2801 - I am assuming there are partners in her law firm, and then the "partner" in her personal life; but with Gina, one never knows.  :-)

I find it very distracting that the sniping seems to be about something that happened off-camera, and that they're dancing around it by alluding to it but not getting into it. It's created a disjointed "WTF?" narrative, where the audience doesn't really know what's going on and is trying to piece it together.

Exactly. Plus Gina said that Andrea and Lydia were cc'ed, which means they were not the recipients, other than to have them be aware, but we don't know who the recipient was. And I totally do not understand Janet's turnaround toward Gina. 

The whole thing reminds me of RHOBH a couple of seasons ago when Brandi threatened to oust Adrienne about using a surrogate and Adrienne's lawyer sent a cease and desist letter. Of course we all know what it was about NOW, but during the airings, I would sit in front of my TV and say WTF is going on. What is the effing secret that cannot be spoken.  

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 3

They did know she was going to be late. She may not have informed everyone in advance, but I believe the hostess knew and maybe someone else that she had to work that day and they told the other girls when they got to the beach house.

ETA: When she says partner she means her boyfriend whose name she has never spoken. The names of her law partners wold be a matter of public record. I always thought it was bizarre how she always said "my partner," now I know why. Ding-a-ling Lydia and Andrea, or whoever was the other cc, may know him, he whose name must never be spoken.

Edited by politichick
  • Love 1

Can't help it, Gina fascinates me! I want to know about her life and yet we know nothing. Did she mention last episode when she was talking to Jackie at the pool that she had kids? I thought I heard that. Have we ever seen her house?   She stays so calm when being ganged up on by everybody, never cries, never yells, never looses her temper.  She is a lawyer at heart, that one. Knows exactly how to play people and the more she doesn't let  these twunts bother her, the more it drives them crazy. It's an aquired skill and she has it down pat. 

Edited by demarti
  • Love 7
Did she mention last episode when she was talking to Jackie at the pool that she had kids?

Yep, I think her two sons were shown in the first episode..

Someone mentioned either here or in another thread (it's late, sorry) that Gina will have to reveal more about herself outside of her shopping scenes, but I think we know a decent amount at this point. She Italian, has two sisters who are well known in Australia for their ties to the fashion industry, she's beat abdominal cancer, mom to a cute poodle named Ninja and she's the ultimate drag queen. 

I agree with the sentiment of finding her fascinating and wanting to know more, though.

More on Gina. I thought it was interesting how her application of makeup played a role in her battling cancer.

Edited by quetzal
  • Love 7

I actually think Jackie's pretty great when she's just trying to get everyone drunk.  And when Ben isn't around.

I agree with others that chronic lateness is super selfish, because I'm sure a successful barrister isn't late to court, so it's something that proves you CAN be on time, but choose not to.  That being said, you can tell someone that if they're going to insist on being late, picking up a phone is a polite gesture.  And then MOVE ON.

I loved every moment when Andrea wanted Gina to react competitively about wealth and "busyness," and Gina shut that shit down.  She is my hero.

• Love 3

Chronic lateness has always been a pet peeve of mine. I mean, we're adults. I don't think getting to the proper place at the agreed upon time is all that difficult. Gina must manage to get herself to her office or to court on time, so why would social plans be any different? It's common courtesy. And I agree with whoever else said it....if you absolutely must be late, pick up the phone! There's nothing I hate more than waiting around on someone and having no idea when they're going to grace me with their presence.

I love me some Gina, but I read the article that someone linked to and Gina claims that she dresses European, that's why her look is out of place in Australia. Really, people in Europe wear Dynasty like glitter dresses and matching shoes, jewelry and bags on a daily basis? Not to mention the makeup. Is that how most Europeans dress? Methinks she's a little deluded in that regard.  

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 1

I haven't watched this since the second episode, and turned on this rerun now. Andrea basically flipped off Gina while running off her list on her fingers, yet who's rude? This mess sounds like grammar school.

Andrea and Lydia - idiots. It annoys me when someone tries to tell me I'm not living my life. Hmm last I checked it's THEIR life to live at their choosing. Miss me with that mess.

Janet - some friend. 25 years if friendship and that soooo upsets you about her being late you wait till you both on tv and with others you've known a much shorter time. But you the better one?!? Ok. Get your face to move more then maybe I'll believe the crap you selling.

• Love 2

I haven't watched this since the second episode, and turned on this rerun now. Andrea basically flipped off Gina while running off her list on her fingers, yet who's rude? This mess sounds like grammar school.

Andrea and Lydia - idiots. It annoys me when someone tries to tell me I'm not living my life. Hmm last I checked it's THEIR life to live at their choosing. Miss me with that mess.

Janet - some friend. 25 years if friendship and that soooo upsets you about her being late you wait till you both on tv and with others you've known a much shorter time. But you the better one?!? Ok. Get your face to move more then maybe I'll believe the crap you selling.

I'd be pissed if Gina fucked up my bathroom.  And I truly believe that beyond her tough exterior is a sad woman.  Why is she hiding under all of that heavy make-up and glitter?  I thought when she checked her make-up she was on the verge of tears and that diversion helped her keep it together.

But Andrea just seems so oddly consumed with her.  I mean to tell a woman her first reaction is "I thought you wore a lot of makeup" and then proceed to just continually bash her?

Andrea is just so ugly to me.  Inside and outside.  And she seems so desperate to have people think she has an amazing brain trust.  She's a fucking idiot.

• Love 1

First Andrea's mom focus group wasn't on board with her book idea, then  a publisher tells her basically the same thing. So what does she do with all the advice she has been given. She ignores it. And what is up with her and her husband. The way she portrays their relationship just seems so fake. Either is is incredibly controlling, incredibly insecure, or both. 

• Love 2

I'd be pissed if Gina fucked up my bathroom.  And I truly believe that beyond her tough exterior is a sad woman.  Why is she hiding under all of that heavy make-up and glitter?  I thought when she checked her make-up she was on the verge of tears and that diversion helped her keep it together.

But Andrea just seems so oddly consumed with her.  I mean to tell a woman her first reaction is "I thought you wore a lot of makeup" and then proceed to just continually bash her?

Andrea is just so ugly to me.  Inside and outside.  And she seems so desperate to have people think she has an amazing brain trust.  She's a fucking idiot.

Quetzal posted an article up thread on Giba that may explain the makeup thing.

I'd be annoyed with that as well but goodness if Andrea soooo loaded get new towels and send her a bill. LOL! Andrea seems to be trying waaaayyyy too hard to prove how together she has it too. I bet it's not as smooth as she wants people to believe. Which would be ok and make her human - which I doubt the more I see her face doesn't move either! Is she a secret stepford wife? Happy Monday!!!

• Love 3

What really bothered me was the obsession with Gina wearing stilettos on the tennis court. If you don't want her wearing the heels on the court, then tell her. Don't hide behind the, "Oh, I don't want you to sue me" thing and then get mad when she doesn't know the real reason why you want her to wear sneakers.

• Love 7

I would love to see what Gina looks like with a "make-under."  She really has very pretty features that get swallowed up in the cosmetics.

She's certainly a fascinating, intelligent woman who threatens Andrea.

• Love 3

I find it hilarious that Andrea and Lydia thought that they sent Gina running scared, that Andrea triumphed over Gina during the Dinner of Confrontation. Andrea only feels comfortable confronting Gina when there are others around, apparently, so for all her talk about "personal growth," she doesn't see what a coward she really is. When Gina said, "you win," she was indulging Andrea and basically saying: you're not worth my energy. But Andrea was too clueless to see that - she really did see it as Gina folding. When Gina pulled out her compact and powdered her face while the other ladies were yakking at her, I didn't see someone running scared - I saw it as a nonverbal fuck-you.

Andrea: I can't even look at you.

Gina: Well, then don't look, darling!

LMAO!

The thing is, if Andrea or Janet had approached Gina 1:1 with their concerns, the conversation would have likely gone differently. Gina herself suggested to Janet that they meet 1:1, privately, and have a coffee - like an ADULT - but no, Janet wanted to go the pile-on route. And since it seems like Janet wasn't even included in this legal document, but just Andrea and Lydia, then I'm not sure why Janet is making that part of her battle as well. Those dim bulbs just want everyone in their corner, I guess, because if anyone's scared, it's them. Picking at Chyka for being neutral was absurd. Why should Chyka join the pile-on? She doesn't have an issue with Gina.

I wish these ladies had worked their issues out BEFORE going on a trip together, and the fact that they didn't makes me wonder how much the magical elves had to do with it. I'd think that most normal people would call Gina beforehand and say "let's talk and work things out so that we can enjoy Mission Beach without this elephant in the room." Either these women lack the emotional heft for that, or producers coaxed them to leave the fireworks for the camera.

What really bothered me was the obsession with Gina wearing stilettos on the tennis court.

Don't you mean the $40,000 tennis court? That one? Oh, I'm sorry Andrea, I didn't catch how much you paid for the tennis court. What was it again? $40,000? Okay.

Gina's tennis footwear was ridiculous, but so was Andrea's outrage.

• Love 3

Why do the Real Housewives producers now believe that it is the conflict that we turn in for?  My favorite seasons were season 1 of OC and season 1 of NY -- not a lot of conflict, but a glimpse into the actual LIVES of these women, not the made up conflict of these women. 

I still love Chykka. 

• Love 1

I am home sick today and have watched every episode today. Gina is a dead ringer for Joan Cusak in "Working Girl"! Took me a few episodes to get it ;) The pile on is pretty ridiculous but I'm enjoying this so far