Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: Bitter Pill to Swallow

• Start Topic

The more I think about Dorit's style and fashion sense and her wanting the GUHLA tables to look lux...why not an overlay on the table or pintuck satin tablecloth, etc...we all know the event coordinator showed her that book of linens that the house offers that is included of the person price, that card board page with the strips of little pinking sheared squares of color samples, no special order linens for them!

BTW, Watch What Crappens called their recap of this episode, Homeless not Esophaguless.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Crystal, the one who seems like she has a happy life with oodles of $$?  The one married to a Hollywood BIG DEAL who doesn't allegedly rape anyone??  The one that has a huge coconut water business?  Sure Annemarie.  

It is what a sugar momma does doncha know

Whose SISTER is an anesthesiologist as well and has openly discussed her eating disorder.  Yeah Crystal is jealous although I started hearing 'jealous of what, your ugly leather pants?'  Honestly I really like Crystal and I think her relationship with her family is real and she is now actually friends with Sutton and Garcelle outside of the show.

Teddi, Diane and sadly Rinna became people we genuinely did not like not love to hate which works but honestly I would prefer Diana to Annawhatever and I prefer dog poop on my shoe over both.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6

Posted on Instagram by the official account for the American Society of anesthesiologists.  Be sure to read what was written after the purple box

IMG_4178.thumb.jpeg.a4a5dd447834850c33884fcc980b54a0.jpeg

• Applause 1
7 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

The main thing I noticed about Taylor Dane was she had a wind fan on her while performing, something I don't think I've ever seen  before in a hotel ballroom performance.  Weird.  Also, Erica singing along.  Didn't she do that at Diana's party too or somewhere?

And since I'm freezing up here in the PNW  the B-roll shots of L.A./ Beverly Hills have me wondering what it would be like to live in nice "vacation weather" every single day - and not for the first time, lol. 

Well not for nothing but if I was at that party I would have been standing on a chair singing along with Taylor Dane. That song was and still is 🔥. I’m Erika’s age as were a majority of the attendees, and they were all up jamming and singing along. Because….it was Taylor effing Dane! 😉

• Like 11
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

IMG_7636.jpegShe didn’t go to medical school ..she literally accused Crystal of being jealous she went to medical school and she never did good lord 

Whoa! The American Society of Anesthesiologists has entered the chat!

She has really dug herself into a hole. I would not be surprised if they've filed a formal complaint against her with the CA CRNA board (or the nursing board, not sure who regulates her license). The various medical specialties do not play when it comes to scope of practice and calling yourself an X when you're really a Y. It would be like an optometrist claiming to be the same thing as an ophthalmologist.

• Like 11
(edited)
On 1/17/2024 at 8:21 PM, Straycat80 said:

Crystal really needs to stay out of her brothers personal life. And he looks like he’s in his 40’s. 

He is 42. And judging by what Crystal said about her and her mother not making Vivi feel welcomed/belonging to the family, I suspect they tried to break the couple up which happened when they pushed him to return to the U.S. when the covid lockdowns started.

This is Vivi. Screenshot_20240119_110215_Instagram.thumb.jpg.b519d4713fad84ad8dde9aa6cd72dd85.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, hottesthw said:

Well not for nothing but if I was at that party I would have been standing on a chair singing along with Taylor Dane. That song was and still is 🔥. I’m Erika’s age as were a majority of the attendees, and they were all up jamming and singing along. Because….it was Taylor effing Dane! 😉

While making dinner tonight I asked my Google Assistant to play Taylor Dayne songs, I am easily influenced by the Real Housewives shows, lol. 

Should I name my Google Assistant, Avi?

• LOL 11
On 1/18/2024 at 9:52 AM, BusyOctober said:

I think the pronunciation is correct; Ann-a-Marie.

You do  pronounce the soft “a”, but the “S S H O L E” are silent.

I just love this so much I had to repost it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, hottesthw said:

Fair enough, but I still think the wind machine was weird.  Although as a menopausal woman myself, I would enjoy a personal wind machine, just for everyday use.  😉

• Like 7
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

He is 42. And judging by what Crystal said about her and her mother not making Vivi feel welcomed/belonging to the family, I suspect they tried to break the couple up which happened when they pushed him to return to the U.S. when the covid lockdowns started.

Lol, when Crystal was telling us about it I kept thinking I wish I had that kind of power over my brother back in the day.  Let's just say my s-i-l and I aren't besties although we do get along.   😉

And yet they've been married over 20 years so I guess it worked out. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, wallies said:

Isn't Nicole from RHOM a real Anesthesiologist? She and AnnaBanana would be an interesting combo...

yes she is and has commented on the mess twice .. but also Tiffany moon from Dallas has also chimed in because she is an actual Anesthesiologist also and was calling her bullshit 

• Like 2
  • Useful 8
(edited)

Annemarie is the worst. She makes shit up in her head. She believes her lies. She’s rude and judgemental and crazy. Who would ever wanna be treated by her. She better not be back next season.

Not that it matters or anything but I feel like Crystal’s brother is gay.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 8
On 1/18/2024 at 10:22 PM, Mar said:

IMG_4169.thumb.jpeg.06710f7948ab47e4b139af74e589a92f.jpeg

I'm sorry to be a bitch about physical appearance, but seriously, does Annemarie have an overly large forehead?  

I know she says her husband said that in everything, including looks, she's an "8.5", but I'm also sorry to admit that in my opinion, I don't think she quite there in the looks department.  IMO, she's very low on the "looks" totem pole based on the Real Housewives, past and present.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I'm sorry to be a bitch about physical appearance, but seriously, does Annemarie have an overly large forehead?  

I know she says her husband said that in everything, including looks, she's an "8.5", but I'm also sorry to admit that in my opinion, I don't think she quite there in the looks department.  IMO, she's very low on the "looks" totem pole based on the Real Housewives, past and present.

She’s unattractive in every possible way. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, Slakkie said:

Whose SISTER is an anesthesiologist as well and has openly discussed her eating disorder.  Yeah Crystal is jealous although I started hearing 'jealous of what, your ugly leather pants?'  Honestly I really like Crystal and I think her relationship with her family is real and she is now actually friends with Sutton and Garcelle outside of the show.

Teddi, Diane and sadly Rinna became people we genuinely did not like not love to hate which works but honestly I would prefer Diana to Annawhatever and I prefer dog poop on my shoe over both.

Who's sister is an anesthesiologist?

On 1/17/2024 at 8:01 PM, Stats Queen said:

I hate non apologies that aren’t apologies at all “I’m you is I felt that way” versus, I’m sorry was was wrong.

AnneMarie - you just suck as a human being and I need you to go far, far away.

Yes! Why couldn't the woman simply say, "I'm sorry I pried into your medical history. It was none of my business." She is awful! No way is Crystal jealous of her either. 

On 1/17/2024 at 8:59 PM, KenyaJ said:

On another note, it's been incredibly uncomfortable to watch Kyle and Mauricio interact all season long. I was shocked when I first heard of their split, but it makes total sense after watching this season.

Agree. They look awkward together and like they're barely speaking or only for the cameras. 

• Like 7
(edited)
On 1/17/2024 at 9:54 PM, dbell1 said:

So 8.5 said CRYSTAL made the eating disorder comment? Talk about gaslighting. It’s just wrong on every level. I need that horse faced hag and her rapist husband off my screen. 

I still can't believe Annmarie made the eating disorder comment about Crystal and then 10 seconds later said she didn't say it. Either she's incredibly manipulative or she has the memory of a goldfish. 

If Sutton truly has an eating disorder, and I’m beginning to think it might be true considering the size of her arms and legs, it is no one else’s business, and it is dangerous to her recovery for Kyle to be promoting this as a storyline. Kyle really will throw anyone under the bus in her quest to be Queen Bee on the show. It reminds me of the first season when she cruelly outed Kim as an alcoholic to the world, putting Kim’s mental health and recovery at risk. And when she promoted the storyline of Denise sleeping with Brandi, putting Denise’s new marriage at risk.

When she visited Sutton at her house, that was a deliberate move when in front of the camera she opened the refrigerator and then commented on how empty it was.

Agree with all of this. Kyle is a mean girl in disguise. I was uncomfortable watching her look in Sutton's refrigerator. She was probably doing it so she could report back to the others that she has proof Sutton doesn't eat. As someone who had an ED for years, I can't tell you how uneasy I am with this storyline. It's flat-out cruel to challenge someone about this or allude to it in front of other people. You are playing with someone's mental health. I cannot stand Kyle. 

And she featured her boobs at the charity event on the show. Maybe I’m too conservative, but I thought that dress and display was somewhat inappropriate for the event.

I didn't think it was the best look for a charity even either, but she looked beautiful. She probably wore the dress more for her Instagram photos as she seems obsessed with IG. Looking back at the older clips of her reminded me that I preferred her as a blonde. I thought she was more striking blonde. I realized most of you disagree about this though. 

Erika's dentist was hitting on her. He told her she looked great at least three times. 

I don't usually like what Sutton wears, but the pink dress was pretty and perfect for her. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Marley said:

Not that it matters or anything but I feel like Crystal’s brother is gay.

I understand why you would think that, I got the feeling he has been baby'd his whole life so maybe he is just demure?

Didn't we find out he was some sort of famous-ish singer in Asia? 

His girlfriend/fiance is really pretty, maybe Crystal was jealous of her.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
On 1/18/2024 at 9:44 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think that this is one reason Kyle repeatedly guides her minions in ganging up on one woman. Kyle is never more delighted than when other women are battling one another. Big Kathy rewarded this dynamic. Kyle disappointed Big Kathy, compared to child star Kim and Hilton wife Kathy, so this is the only way she can prove herself. 

I believe so too. I had a similar childhood and my mother did the same thing in pitting my sisters and me against each other. 

• Hugs 4
  • Sad 4
11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Who's sister is an anesthesiologist?

Crystal's older half sister is an anesthesiologist which is why the whole thing is dumb.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Vivi is absolutely adorably beautiful. Also very slim and looks like it comes easily for her to stay that way. Maybe thats why Crystal doesn’t want to be having her around in her circle of people. 

• Like 3

No one ever brings up how much of an a$$ Maurizio is. He always stirs the pot. There was no reason for him to make Sutton's esophagus the very first thing he says to her when he arrives. He drops digs like that then laughs it off and he gets a pass. What a jerk!

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Dramamama said:

No one ever brings up how much of an a$$ Maurizio is. He always stirs the pot. There was no reason for him to make Sutton's esophagus the very first thing he says to her when he arrives. He drops digs like that then laughs it off and he gets a pass. What a jerk!

i noticed this especially last year when he said he thought it was great that Erika told Garcelle's son to get the f.. out. He's stoned and checked out and mocking them. 

I've always thought he was an ass, and never doubted the cheating rumors since Camille made the comment of how he "likes the ladies" in season 1

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Mar said:

IMG_4188.thumb.jpeg.e9b7be70f9da103997fa89d5367c958f.jpegIMG_4189.thumb.jpeg.fd7d61b2e06038669a35b19a52f77843.jpeg

Geez, she is arguing with the ASA, doubling down, lying when we have video evidence and says the storyline was unauthentically dragged on. 
She is full of crap. She dragged it on and on - 

Keep digging that hole girl and please remove yourself and your creepy husband from the public eye.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

A cast mate needed a storyline?  Does she mean Sutton?  Because Sutton’s been the target for quite a few seasons.  I think she and her narrow esophagus would actually prefer to stay in the background for once.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

A cast mate needed a storyline?  Does she mean Sutton?  Because Sutton’s been the target for quite a few seasons.  I think she and her narrow esophagus would actually prefer to stay in the background for once.

She’s talking about Crystal. Either way, she’s full of shit

• Like 8

Anamarie is an embarrassment to her profession and the medical community in general.  How does she not know better. That lame-ass apology is laughable!
I think she looks like Nala from the Lion King, though the evil version. 

IMG_0033.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Anamarie is an embarrassment to her profession and the medical community in general.  How does she not know better. That lame-ass apology is laughable!
I think she looks like Nala from the Lion King, though the evil version. 

IMG_0033.jpeg

Why do Nala like that? 🤣

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
11 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Vivi is absolutely adorably beautiful. Also very slim and looks like it comes easily for her to stay that way. Maybe thats why Crystal doesn’t want to be having her around in her circle of people. 

I know Crystal struggles with body image, and that almost the entire cast now being tiny has triggered her, but if she that level of insecure and jealous, I don't think she would have ever joined RHOBH in the first place. The cast has always been full of beautiful, very skinny women. Her brother is a cute and a pop star, I'm sure any girl he dates is going to be very attractive. 

• Like 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I know Crystal struggles with body image, and that almost the entire cast now being tiny has triggered her, but if she that level of insecure and jealous, I don't think she would have ever joined RHOBH in the first place. The cast has always been full of beautiful, very skinny women. 

Crystal is also slim. Maybe Erika and Kyle's new bodies triggered her, especially Erika as she has lost a lot of weight. Sometimes with eating disorders it becomes competitive with women who are around each other. I remember reading about it happening on the set of Ally McBeal. Some of the female costars got really skinny in reacting to Calista Flockhart's thinness. 

I'm waiting for this season to be over. I want to hear how Kyle explains her relationship with Mauricio at the reunion. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Crystal's ED issues are probably not only triggered by the cast member's sudden thinness, but they also are probably all just not eating much, as Ozempic can  cause food to be repulsive (happened to my BIL, who is a Type 1 diabetic and was put on it for a while).

So here she is, eating out with all of them, trying to eat as normally as possible, where they all push food around and get into these esophagus vs. eating disorder topics constantly.

All while watching them buy new clothes 2 sizes smaller.

Add in this horrendous new character, AnnMarie, who brings it up repeatedly, and poor Crystal, who is honestly trying to get out from under her own body dysmorphia issues, and I can see why it would be so difficult for her.

AM needs to go.  I don't want to see her, read her X/Twitter/IG posts, watch her lie (um, girl, they have it on film, you as a highly educated professional know that a, right?), or watch her marriage to this guy with all the rumors about him.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Slakkie said:

Crystal's older half sister is an anesthesiologist which is why the whole thing is dumb.

Knowing this makes me think Crystal had it right when she said that Annemarie introduced herself as an anesthesiologist vs a nurse anesthetist.  I don't think she would have confused the two. I'm glad that the ASA weighed in on this and made it clear how wrong it is to misidentify ones qualifications.  

Annemarie is trying to rewrite history.  She and Kyle started this invasive storyline and they should be ashamed!

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Crystal is also slim. Maybe Erika and Kyle's new bodies triggered her, especially Erika as she has lost a lot of weight. Sometimes with eating disorders it becomes competitive with women who are around each other. I remember reading about it happening on the set of Ally McBeal. Some of the female costars got really skinny in reacting to Calista Flockhart's thinness. 

I'm waiting for this season to be over. I want to hear how Kyle explains her relationship with Mauricio at the reunion. 

Oh for sure, Crystal is slim herself, has a gorgeous figure and doesn't need to lose anything. I've struggled with an eating disorder too, and you can feel like you need to lose weight just because you'e not the skinniest person in the room. I am mostly over that, but I try to minimize close friendships with people who are obsessed with being skinny and commenting on my body. There was a person in my life who would fat-shame me when I was under 100 lbs as a tall chick. It's someone I love, but she caused me so much damage. 

1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Crystal's ED issues are probably not only triggered by the cast member's sudden thinness, but they also are probably all just not eating much, as Ozempic can  cause food to be repulsive (happened to my BIL, who is a Type 1 diabetic and was put on it for a while).

So here she is, eating out with all of them, trying to eat as normally as possible, where they all push food around and get into these esophagus vs. eating disorder topics constantly.

Add in this horrendous new character, AnnMarie, who brings it up repeatedly, and poor Crystal, who is honestly trying to get out from under her own body dysmorphia issues, and I can see why it would be so difficult for her.

AM needs to go.  I don't want to see her, read her X/Twitter/IG posts, watch her lie (um, girl, they have it on film, you as a highly educated professional know that a, right?), or watch her marriage to this guy with all the rumors about him.

I can see that. I love LA, but I don't think I could live in a town where Kyle's pre-weight loss body would be considered sooooo curvy. It's toxic imo.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 4
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Mar said:

IMG_4188.thumb.jpeg.e9b7be70f9da103997fa89d5367c958f.jpegIMG_4189.thumb.jpeg.fd7d61b2e06038669a35b19a52f77843.jpeg

Too late. You opened this can of worms with your “diagnosis” and “medical advice.” You just came on this show — and you came in hot to boot. 

Sorry, dear, no sympathy here. You can leave at any time.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 1/20/2024 at 8:07 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I understand why you would think that, I got the feeling he has been baby'd his whole life so maybe he is just demure?

Didn't we find out he was some sort of famous-ish singer in Asia? 

That's her again. She is very pretty. 

I think Crystal's brother is cute, but since their father died (he was a lot older than their mother), andhe had dementia before, the two women forced their opinions on him, something that Crystal didn't deny because she said (paraphrasing) that she knows what is best for him.

Screenshot_20240121_155113_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Knowing this makes me think Crystal had it right when she said that Annemarie introduced herself as an anesthesiologist vs a nurse anesthetist.  I don't think she would have confused the two. I'm glad that the ASA weighed in on this and made it clear how wrong it is to misidentify ones qualifications.  

Annemarie is trying to rewrite history.  She and Kyle started this invasive storyline and they should be ashamed!

Medical groups take a VERY dim view of people misrepresenting themselves, and at least in my state it is written into law that practitioners of any kind cannot use certain titles without having the necessary credentials. It’s too easy to fool the public if you put a lot of letters after your name. I still say that wherever this fraud has worked needs to look into her time there. 

Annemarie started backpedaling about this last week, and if the promos are to be believed, Crystal is not letting it go. She shouldn’t. 

It constantly amazes me what people think they can get away with. There is no redemption tour for this woman.

6 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

What gets me is, she brought this up out of the blue, when she decided to make an issue over Sutton’s issue, a person had just met. Both Kyle and Annmarie need to be held to account for this. This goes way beyond all the usual stupid HW shit.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 1/20/2024 at 11:52 AM, Slakkie said:

Does she has a sister? She never mentioned a sister, and in old, or newer photos you see only her brother. 

Screenshot_20240121_164056_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I really hope Crystal doesn’t feel compelled to take Ozempic because of her castmates weight loss. She has a beautiful figure and doesn’t have an ounce to loose, but I’m sure living in LA on a tv is brutal when you have ED. Her husband didn’t come off as very supportive at least in that convo at the table. I hope he doesn’t think she needs to loose weight.

I feel for her and as someone who was bulimic many years, I always felt like the big girl in the group, even though I’m not overweight, that would be challenging being in her situation.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 6
  • Love 1

Annemarie has a video on her IG that  she posted 4 days ago where she's having a conversation with a Nurse Practitioner and they're talking about how no one knows what either of them do. At one point the other guy (the NP) says it generally comes down to people asking him if he's their nurse or their doctor. Then Annemarie goes on a rant about how as advanced practice nurses they've had all of this education and board certifications but they're relegated to "not the doctor" (complete with air quotes) because people don't know what their scope of practice  is. The funniest part is that the NP is in regular clothes and she's in scrubs. She also has a separate video where she's in an OR acting like she's getting everything ready for a procedure so of course she's in full surgical gear. Guess she wants to make sure we know that she is a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Also, I read somewhere that Teddi said on  her podcast that when she first met Annemarie that  she'd introduced herself an an anesthesiologist. And I don't think Teddi would say that if it wasn't true because Kyle is her BFF and Annemarie is Kyle's lapdog. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

Wow, so now we have two people who state that AM misrepresented herself as an anesthesiologist.  I wish someone had recorded this, as she could face disciplinary action or even lose her license.

Not to mention all the medical opinions she throws around.

The words "anesthesiologist" and "anesthetist" are very different-sounding words, plus one has the word "nurse" in front of it.  

AnnA Marie, take several seats, darling.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, ww92 said:

Annemarie has a video on her IG that  she posted 4 days ago where she's having a conversation with a Nurse Practitioner and they're talking about how no one knows what either of them do. At one point the other guy (the NP) says it generally comes down to people asking him if he's their nurse or their doctor. Then Annemarie goes on a rant about how as advanced practice nurses they've had all of this education and board certifications but they're relegated to "not the doctor" (complete with air quotes) because people don't know what their scope of practice  is. The funniest part is that the NP is in regular clothes and she's in scrubs. She also has a separate video where she's in an OR acting like she's getting everything ready for a procedure so of course she's in full surgical gear. Guess she wants to make sure we know that she is a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Also, I read somewhere that Teddi said on  her podcast that when she first met Annemarie that  she'd introduced herself an an anesthesiologist. And I don't think Teddi would say that if it wasn't true because Kyle is her BFF and Annemarie is Kyle's lapdog. 

AnneMarie is a medical professional although she is not a doctor. Nurses are part of the medical profession. Both anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists provide anesthesia and care before and after surgery. 

Screenshot_20240121_183325_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's possible that she called herself a "nurse anesthesiologist" but all the other people hear is "anesthesiologist". Annemarie does seem to use "nurse anesthetist" and "nurse anesthesiologist" interchangeably. I wasn't able to find what the rules are in CA but in other states it's illegal for CRNA's to call themselves "nurse anesthesiologists" because it confuses patients. The AMA is against it.

While there is no question about the level of service and professionalism CRNAs bring to anesthesia care, they are not anesthesiologists, in the same way nurses are not physicians.

Besides, haven't all of us heard of CRNA's at this point and know the difference between them and doctors? I'm pretty sure I had CRNA's at my last few outpatient procedures and had no issues with them. They had the good drugs the same as the MD's. 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 2