Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

The reunion continues as season newcomers Rod and Rodrigo join the group; after a surprising twist, Taylor and Olivia remain on tenterhooks.

Air date: 01.18.24

• Like 1

I can just imagine what tiny JT's ex-wife might have to say about him.  In FACT, why don't we get HER on the show next season?? Shep needs somebody new to date...

Lord knows, the cast as it is tonight, is a complete and total snoozefest.  These people are just plain B-O-R-I-N-G.  Olivia needs to just go off and find another way to be on television.  This show ain't it, honey.  All this righteous indignation gives me a case of gas.

Taylor's just a lost person.  She doesn't need to be dating ANYBODY.  She needs to get back to a regular job, go back to church and get some counseling.

Actually, Olivia AND Taylor probably need to go get some counseling.

Shep needs to find an AA meeting and start going.

Madison needs to shut her pie hole, nobody cares what she has to say, ESPECIALLY when she reverts back to her snarky ways.

Leva needs to just stay on her OWN show (it's a shitshow btw, but I think she shows up on SC just to keep her face on television).

Venita is a grown ass woman.  Stick to whatever your REAL job is and get on with it.

I'll miss Craig, he's a hoot but he needs to leave this behind and get on with it.

The LOT of them need to get on with it actually.  Stick a fork in it. DONE.

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Lord knows, the cast as it is tonight, is a complete and total snoozefest.  These people are just plain B-O-R-I-N-G.  Olivia needs to just go off and find another way to be on television.  This show ain't it, honey.  All this righteous indignation gives me a case of gas.

Honestly, instead of raking them across the coals, the whole cast should've been thanking Taylor and Austen for giving them this season's only storyline. Seriously, what else did any of them have to talk about? I can't believe we got a whole season of that nothing of a storyline. JFC.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Is Rodrigo wearing a toupee? No idea why he's even there. This is most he's said all season & yet I immediately want him to shut up 

Apparently, when JT says he's a champion for women he really only means his crush, Taylor. Shockingly, he had zero to say when Rodrigo went after Olivia telling her to STFU. 

Seriously, am I losing my mind? In what world is Olivia wrong for distancing herself from Taylor? Especially since Leva, Venita & Madison all feel the same. There's just something not right with her. It stated with her behavior at last year's reunion. I'm not fooled by all the fake tears, they only work on men.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Taylor is a bore with no personality.

JT professing his love was so cringe.

My soft spot for Shep hasn’t gone away and I’m rooting for him. But my god, please don’t reunite with Taylor!

Craig remains top cutie 🥰 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I didn't notice this during the season, but what is up with Rodrigo's hair (jet black)/sideburns (grey). His hair has to be a rug, right?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I KNOW I'm in the minority but STFU  Olivia! Can't STAND her..I'm really not a fan of any of these people ...well except Craig!!

My hubby just walked into the room.

"Why are all of these people ORANGE!" 

BAWAHAAAA

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

JT really  thinks he's special , he isn't,  he's an annoying  gnat. T-rav was on XTwitter,  he posted Olivia wanted to get on this show and he was with Catherine,  when they slept together. He's a creep, but maybe he wanted  to set the record  straight. Austen took his lumps, he  should  say goodbye to this show imho. I hope Shep manages  to stay sober. Paige is stupid, if she breaks up with Craig, but  if they do break up, may he find someone  really nice. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, kayak said:

I didn't notice this during the season, but what is up with Rodrigo's hair (jet black)/sideburns (grey). His hair has to be a rug, right?

Yes, it is. It's too obvious.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, kayak said:

I have to admit I cracked up when he said backstage, "I actually have a bone to pick with everybody.  Why didn't you mfers tell me my hair was messed up half the season!"  🤣

• LOL 9
6 hours ago, SHERMDOG said:

I KNOW I'm in the minority but STFU  Olivia! Can't STAND her..I'm really not a fan of any of these people ...well except Craig

Is that the minority opinion? I thought Olivia was awful and Taylor looked sympathetic because of it. I also thought Rodrigo seemed reasonable, but I may have missed him saying STFU? I heard Olivia hurl that. And even though I’m not a fan, the cast’s treatment of Taylor is misogynistic and gross. How is she the most villainized? From what we’ve seen, Shep treated her like garbage and even now acts like she’s a fragile child while also semiprofessing his love for her now that she’s in a relationship. If he cared about her at all, he wouldn’t dangle that. He’s only angry with Austen because of his ego and that weird competition they have over who’s the bigger catch (neither). JT appears obsessed with some image of her he’s created, and he’s constantly putting her in the most awkward spotlight when she’s been clear she has no feelings for him. And Olivia’s treatment of her is a stark contrast from her vacationing with Austen. The bro code/girl code bullshit is for kids. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, goofygirl said:

In FACT, why don't we get HER on the show next season??

Isn’t she in Switzerland with the ski instructor she dumped JT for?

Someone needs to tell Olivia and Taylor that it’s champing at the bit.  

15 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Honestly, instead of raking them across the coals, the whole cast should've been thanking Taylor and Austen for giving them this season's only storyline. Seriously, what else did any of them have to talk about? I can't believe we got a whole season of that nothing of a storyline. JFC.

Didn’t someone say they started filming the season then aborted it and restarted because Bravo was unhappy with the lack of drama in the completed episodes?  After Scandoval they want infidelity to be the main storyline apparently.

13 hours ago, kayak said:

He even commented it looked bad “half” the season.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Chloecat said:

I paid so little attention this season that I thought Rod and Rodrigo were the same person, I was so confused!

I thought so too.

• Like 3

All of these people are so depressed and defeated. This reunion was actually sad to watch. I think everyone (aside from JT, Madison, Leva, and Venita—okay “everyone” being Shep, Austen, Craig, Taylor, and Olivia) are just over this whole period of their lives. They were contractually obligated to show up, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they decide the big changes they all need in their lives starts with getting their lives off of television. Well, Craig might stick with the vacation house shows with Paige, but he seems to be over this dysfunctional dynamic with Shep and Austen, as much as they are, too.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, RedInk said:

Is that the minority opinion? I thought Olivia was awful and Taylor looked sympathetic because of it. I also thought Rodrigo seemed reasonable, but I may have missed him saying STFU? I heard Olivia hurl that. And even though I’m not a fan, the cast’s treatment of Taylor is misogynistic and gross. How is she the most villainized? From what we’ve seen, Shep treated her like garbage and even now acts like she’s a fragile child while also semiprofessing his love for her now that she’s in a relationship. If he cared about her at all, he wouldn’t dangle that. He’s only angry with Austen because of his ego and that weird competition they have over who’s the bigger catch (neither). JT appears obsessed with some image of her he’s created, and he’s constantly putting her in the most awkward spotlight when she’s been clear she has no feelings for him. And Olivia’s treatment of her is a stark contrast from her vacationing with Austen. The bro code/girl code bullshit is for kids. 

AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID!!!! Well...it just seemed like most people like Olivia. Hee. Heck I do t know!!

And the way she purses her lips and runs her tounge around is VERY annoying!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

All of these people are so depressed and defeated. This reunion was actually sad to watch. I think everyone (aside from JT, Madison, Leva, and Venita—okay “everyone” being Shep, Austen, Craig, Taylor, and Olivia) are just over this whole period of their lives. They were contractually obligated to show up, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they decide the big changes they all need in their lives starts with getting their lives off of television. Well, Craig might stick with the vacation house shows with Paige, but he seems to be over this dysfunctional dynamic with Shep and Austen, as much as they are, too.

Pseudo group therapy session with some ganging up on Austen.

Craig talking about doing the work.  He's the voice of reason now, the one who's got wisdom?🙄

Ugh, are they going to try to pass off some redemption arc for Austen next season -- you know there will be more seasons, unless the ratings really took a dive, because most casual viewers probably think SC is not much different now even though they obviously were digging deep for some kind of season arc with any kind of heat.

I don't know, it's about time for Craig to take it on the chin again, maybe Paige dumps or ghosts him and he goes back to Adderall and the cast descends on him like vultures on carrion.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Olivia looked like she forgot to take the hanger out of her dress.  It's interesting that she is now dating a guy with a private jet.  

JT looked like he slept in his clothes.  If he had got that close to my face, I would have shoved him out of the way also. He was looking to start a fight and intended for Austin to fight him.  He does not fit in this show at all.  When he has been around Whitney, I have seen disdain on Whitney's face.  Hopefully he  is a one and done.  

They barely gave mention of Taylor's brother's death after making Olivia's loss a large part of the season.

I like Rod, but he is too good for this show. i felt for him having to be best buds with JT.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

If he had got that close to my face, I would have shoved him out of the way also. He was looking to start a fight and intended for Austin to fight him. 

I think Austen went up to him, not the other way around.

He was standing on the stool already and Austen approached him?

Can't imagine he went to where Austen was, then moved the stool close and then climbed up it so he could be face to face with Austen?

OK, they showed one of them shoving each other but have they shown the actual head butt or punch?

Some other reality shows automatically get rid of cast members who start a physical altercation.

Not a problem with SC or probably any Bravo show.

• Like 2

Why isn’t JT mad at Taylor?!? She “betrayed” her best friend and her boyfriend’s best friend! She’s Kelly Taylor (90210) 2.0! 😂

It makes no sense that JT is in love with Taylor but hates Austen. They did the same thing!

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

fter Scandoval they want infidelity to be the main storyline apparently

On every damn show! It’s so monotonous and stupid. These are all grown adults arguing over “girl code”. Just shut up! 

7 hours ago, aghst said:

Craig talking about doing the work.  He's the voice of reason now, the one who's got wisdom

Seriously! Such a joke he is. He is much like some of the housewives who got lucky with their show and was able to turn it into a quick buck, making them seem like they’re still not just some loser who was desperate to be on tee-vee. The brains behind this pillow nonsense are the friends of Craig who were smart enough to realize let’s keep him as the face while he’s still on the show, and we’ll run the business behind the scenes because lord knows he’s still a train wreck in real life and can’t do it himself. 

Him and his fake tee-vee girlfriend can get off my screen any time now. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1

As others have called out, Rodrigo being concerned about how his hair looked all season while sporting a ratty ass rug obviously from the 1995 Raquel Welch Church Lady wig collection was a classic for sure.  I also love how a dude who couldn't find the time to interject two words the entire season shows up as a subject matter expert on the reunion and runs his mouth off.  Shut up, Rodrigo.

Someone finally said it (who?  Andy?) - why can't Taylor speak for herself?  Why do all these men jump to speak on her behalf while she sits there like a two year old with wide eyes, sucking her thumb and clutching her blankie? And when she's called out on it, she responds, "I'm not very good at these things".  Good Lord. 

What is it with this girl?  I mean, we've asked the same about Austen.  She's average pretty, clearly of limited intelligence, no proof of any personality at all, no sense of humor, no discernable talent or skill, no real job (puh-leese let's not even entertain schlepping Day Chaser), easily manipulated, a liar, not a good friend, gets walked all over......I could go on and on.  But we've got these guys lining up for her.   

Every time JT professes his love, Taylor looks like she's going to barf.  And I'm still not sure he gets it.

And Shep needs to go back to acting school.  I'm trying to figure out what the angle here is because him being in love with Taylor is 100% NOT it.  I don't know if they're trying to carve out a storyline for next season or if he feels he owes it to her to make her appear respected by him.  But the guy has been galivanting all over the world hooking up with other women without a care in the world.  The way he chooses and enjoys living his life.  He is not sitting around lamenting the one who (didn't) got away).  Instead of stupid Craig saying, "they're gonna get married!!"  I wish someone would have spit out their drink and yelled, "Shep, are you kidding me???"  Because come on. 

They've backed themselves into a corner here without a major overhaul.  Olivia came right out and said there is no resurrecting her friendship with Taylor.  Shep is changing his partying ways.  Craig has settled down.  Austen is trying to reform himself.  Madison is a homebody wife trying to get pregnant.  There's nothing left to work with that will fit the shows narrative.  They've put the nail in their own coffin.   

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I'm glad this is over.

Both Taylor and Olivia are boring. And their storylines too.

Olivia has no intention of forgiving Taylor, and Taylor doesn't want to accept it. She will have to.

Shep shouldn't pretend he made a mistake by breaking up with Taylor in order to rehabilitate his reputation/image. He is propably giving her false hope, and it's wrong to do so, anyway.

JT has to stop telling Taylor he loves her in public. He embarrasses himself and her because she is not interested. The only reason he hates Austin is because Taylor liked him. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

JT has to stop telling Taylor he loves her in public.

He is infatuated or has a crush on her.  You don’t love someone romantically you have never even dated.  Sounds like his marriage was transactional for a green card so I don’t know if he knows what love is.

1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

The only reason he hates Austin is because Taylor liked him. 

He probably hates all tall guys.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Idk I was enjoying sassy Rodrigo. At least it was something else. He was def wearing a wig tho but whatever I guess that’s his thing lol.

Olivia and Taylor are boring as hell. If they have to stay on the show then stop trying to make them main characters. It doesn’t work.

Austin is a loser. What is a good thing about him. He’s just an arrogant dbag. I still don’t see what anyone sees in him. Of course Olivia forgives him tho if they have mutual ultra rich friends lol. Olivia is a loser too.

I don’t ever want to hear about the either lamest love triangle ever again.

Venita can go away. Leva too. And obviously little pissant JT should go away too. He’s one of those guys who thinks he’s a nice guy so he deserves the girl or something. When he is actually an annoying dbag who is most likely not a good guy at all.

Good luck to Shep. Idk if he’s serious but if he is then hopefully he does well going forward.

I still enjoy Craig.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 1/19/2024 at 12:40 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Didn’t someone say they started filming the season then aborted it and restarted because Bravo was unhappy with the lack of drama in the completed episodes?  After Scandoval they want infidelity to be the main storyline apparently.

Yes! It was reported a couple of months or more before the season began, and then I forgot all about it. (Because 95% of this show is instantly forgettable.) Apparently the producers gathered the cast and said the footage they had so far was way too dull and they'd have to start filming all over again. It's somewhere back in the Media thread I imagine (no time to look for it).

And THIS mess of nothing is what we got! Imagine how dull the first round was.

END this, Bravo! Cancel it, move Craig to one of the other shows, and wave goodbye to everyone else. All I'll miss is glimpses of Charleston and an occasional visit with Ms. Patricia with Whitney snarking about her decor.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Marley said:

He’s just an arrogant dbag.

Whenever anyone gives him a valid criticism he makes this astonished face like he’s questioning the sanity of anyone who would think that.  And his expression is so over the top it’s like he thinks he is acting in a silent movie.

1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

Imagine how dull the first round was.

Probably more tours of the pillow warehouse.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Yes! It was reported a couple of months or more before the season began, and then I forgot all about it. (Because 95% of this show is instantly forgettable.) Apparently the producers gathered the cast and said the footage they had so far was way too dull and they'd have to start filming all over again. It's somewhere back in the Media thread I imagine (no time to look for it).

And THIS mess of nothing is what we got! Imagine how dull the first round was.

END this, Bravo! Cancel it, move Craig to one of the other shows, and wave goodbye to everyone else. All I'll miss is glimpses of Charleston and an occasional visit with Ms. Patricia with Whitney snarking about her decor.

Was that this season or a previous season.

Without Katherine around to provide the messy and despicable behavior they were under pressure to find some other melodrama.

They may return to that crutch because Bravo doesn’t seem to let go.

• Like 2
On 1/19/2024 at 7:09 PM, howiveaddict said:

They barely gave mention of Taylor's brother's death after making Olivia's loss a large part of the season.

This!  All the emphasis about how all the friend group, including Taylor, gathered around Olivia to comfort her, and still do, because her brother died.  Olivia made a point about everyone on the Jamaica trip stopping by her hotel room to check on her except Taylor (which might be explained by the fact that Olivia was constantly saying how much she never wanted to be friends with Taylor again).

I had no idea Taylor’s brother died too.  He was the one she reached out to when she needed to talk.  I have no idea of the circumstances (of his or Olivia’s brother’s) death, but I’m sure it was just as devastating for Taylor and her family as Olivia’s brother’s death was to her and her family.

Taylor looked really beaten down at the reunion; she just wanted to get it over with and out of there.  I really wish she had said:  “you know, I’ve been going through something too and none of you reached out to me.  Maybe you are disappointed with my behavior but not one of you could have called or texted?”  Now I don’t know for a fact that no one did, but Olivia said on the show that she felt bad that the state of their relationship stopped her from reaching out, and she was Taylor’s closest friend on the show, so I think it’s safe to say that none of the girls rallied around Taylor the way they did around Olivia.

And for what?  She kissed a toad who was never in a relationship with her friend and lied about it?  I hope she goes back to her nursing career that Shep convinced her to quit and bids farewell to the show and everyone involved.

• Like 7
(edited)
On 1/20/2024 at 4:03 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Probably more tours of the pillow warehouse.

At this point I'd take an extended tour of the mostly empty pillow warehouse over another rehashing of whatever Taylor and Austen did or didn't do.

Edited by RedHawk
Added missing words
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 1/18/2024 at 11:37 PM, SHERMDOG said:

I KNOW I'm in the minority but STFU  Olivia! Can't STAND her..I'm really not a fan of any of these people ...well except Craig!!

You’re not in the minority!  I don’t think anyone can stand her.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:49 PM, dancingdreamer said:

T-rav was on XTwitter,  he posted Olivia wanted to get on this show and he was with Catherine,  when they slept together. He's a creep, but maybe he wanted  to set the record  straight. 

Yeah I’m glad TRav set the record straight, Olivia has been trying to sleep her way onto this show, then buy her way…  Pathetic!  And sad.

On 1/18/2024 at 8:43 PM, snarts said:

I don’t get it.. who is this?

• Like 3
On 1/18/2024 at 9:37 PM, SHERMDOG said:

My hubby just walked into the room.

"Why are all of these people ORANGE!" 

BAWAHAAAA

It’s not just you. Olivia is a hypocritical pick me. Taylor also sucks, and it’s completely possible to not like either one of them. 

• Like 5
On 1/20/2024 at 12:41 AM, hottesthw said:

The brains behind this pillow nonsense are the friends of Craig who were smart enough to realize let’s keep him as the face while he’s still on the show, and we’ll run the business behind the scenes because lord knows he’s still a train wreck in real life and can’t do it himself. 

Thank you!  I thought I was the only one who felt this way!  He could never have gone from the stuff he was making for friends (sweet and goofy) and then his disaster when Patricia asked him for some pillows (both in design and in delay) without other people as the creatives and as the organizers (and as the "this is what pillows look like on HGTV shows where they always have a scene of the designers fluffing and karate chopping them right before the reveal).  The face, indeed, with a tinfoil hat on top.  He's funny, but I don't think he's all that.  

Speaking of hats, can you imagine the production assistants all sitting down together with several rolls of Reynolds Wrap making all those hats?  There was definitely some creativity shown there!  

I don't hate JT because I still find him somewhat amusing, especially when he throws in big words (correctly, I'll give him that) and odd references, but I don't enjoy seeing people punching down on someone for being short, and I think he's in a weird box where his only story line is Love Taylor, Hate Austen.  I'd rather see him managing diabetes (though not sticking himself thru his boxers or whatever), falling over in streams, and especially, as noted during the reunion, interacting with his mom.  She's the only parent I've really liked at all on the show (I guess Cameran's mom was fine but that's ancient history).  And I'd rather watch a show of Venita doing stuff with her dog, picking out outfits, and having fun with Manny.  

• Like 5

Remember that one season he worked for JD's whiskey or whatever?

And he was suppose to be entry level or little more than an apprentice and he wanted to be strategizing the brand or whatever and JD had to lay the law down, that he was just a peon.

Just like Austen's beer, where they hire a microbrewery to slap his brand name, they had to try to make these cast members not appear like total losers.

Craig at the time had been going to a low tier law school forever or taking forever to pass the bar.

In any event, they don't want to show any cast being slackers or gold diggers or whatever.  They're suppose to be upwardly mobile professionals in Charleston.

• Like 1

Craig's not a paid spokesman for Sewing Down South, nor is he merely a celebrity endorser. He's co-owner. The company was founded by him & college friend, Jerry. They brought on Amanda to help with branding.

Launching a business and growing it from nothing to  $10M+ revenue in ~3 years is impressive in any industry. Not sure why he would be criticized for partnering with people to turn his idea into reality.

Should he have sat around living off Bravo money instead?

• Like 3

No criticism intended for the accomplishments you listed.  He was good, eventually, at pulling in help and getting the support he needed to take his creative idea to a business.  But whether it was him not dealing well with ADD, or whatever, the person that was shown at the beginning of the development of the business on camera (which is all I have seen), who frittered around and didn't make deadlines even for a friend and possible supporter in Patricia, didn't really seem to listen to his organizational coach, etc. etc., could not have developed the business into the major company it is without strong support.  I have no idea who Amanda is nor do I have any idea of the company's structure.  I go by what is shown on the show.

He was smart enough to figure out what he needed and smart enough to listen to those who offered it, eventually (after the frittering scenes from a few years ago).  I just feel it's obvious that the actual design skills and organizational skills, even if he changed medication and trained for attentional support, could not have grown into the pillows I see.  I think other people design the pillows now, and we have not seen anything showing him actually creating the art, or if we have, I have missed it.  

I do recognize (from last season's dinner for his company plus apparently for yelling at Leva, etc.) that he has developed a functional, successful business, and that some skills of his had to have been brought to bear.  You're right, he is not just the face of it, and I didn't mean to pooh-pooh his contributions.  I just don't think he did it alone, and some vibes from the show and from some comments (I don't necessarily mean yours, since I don't remember anything you might have said) seem to imply that he did.  

I'm just balancing the "Craig is so amazing with his pillow business!!" vibes with "Craig is amazing to have gotten past some major obstacles by finding others to deal with those obstacles, which is a skill in itself, who all together created this business!"  Good for him and glad it's not just mailbox money.  But just....he's not some Edison or whatever.  All I'm saying is his skills for getting help and meshing the helpers appear to me to be his primary skills.

I just don't really like the guy that much more than any of the rest of them, and the whole conspiracy theory situation really turns me off.   I'm allowed not to like him.  

• Like 1

Let's be realistic, they ordered some cheaply made textiles from some Chinese factory, slapped their branding on it.

Great for him that it's doing well but he saw the social media reaction to his dumb pillow cases and whatever on the show and he used it.

Certainly better than Trop Hop but it's the same idea, the actual production is outsourced and it's about branding, which comes from mass media exposure of the show.

That is why product placement is a big deal for these shows and networks, because if products had to buy 30 second commercials, it would cost them a fortune.

But instead, they get free product placement and they talk about it for minutes across several episodes.

I presume that is why QVC is a thing.  I've never watched that channel but clearly Pat was making money off the show and appearing on QVC, selling fairly useless things.

But people have bought useless shit for decades now, like the pet rock, those I❤️NY T-shirts, etc.

All through marketing hype and mass media but now we also have IG where influencers can earn tens of millions or more touting BS beauty products.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, aghst said:

the actual production is outsourced and it's about branding,

Exactly.  Some of the pillows have palm trees on them or crabs.  Countless manufacturers offer those designs.  He is just getting gullible fans to purchase the same stuff they could get anywhere at a Bravo-adjacent markup.  Also that so-called warehouse looked like a storage unit.  

• Like 2
23 hours ago, aghst said:

he actual production is outsourced and it's about branding, which comes from mass media exposure of the show.

99% of brands outsource all or part of their manufacturing production. That's how they scale/grow. Is he supposed to be hand sewing 100,000 pillows in his garage?

The brand isn't doing $10M+ in annual revenue and operating a bricks & mortar retail store based solely on fan support. National retailers like Home Goods and Kroger/Ralphs aren't carrying the brand because Craig's name. Most outside of this forum have no idea who he is or his relation to Sewing Down South. The retailers see a product that will sell, and customers see a cute pillow at the store and buy it. 

Heck, I'm anti-Kardashian yet I love my Skims bralettes and buy them (on sale) in spite of them because just they're fantastically comfortable. A good product will sell while a crap product isn't going to gain market share year over year, even with a celebrity tie-in.

IMHO, Craig should be applauded for successfully turning his creative outlet of sewing into a potentially long lasting career he seemingly enjoys. Especially in contrast with the majority of the cast who seem quite content to live off their family money or bravo paycheck. 

• Like 2

I have to admit I didn't look at the product line until just now.  I didn't pay attention to when they showed his pillows or whatever on the show.

Looks like okay stuff but horribly overpriced.

If I was going to pay $70 for a couch pillow or $65 for sweatshirts, I'd look at stuff on other sites with a lot of reviews.

Clearly the branding is what allows them to try to get a price premium.

I didn't see a clearance section, like you see with just about EVERY clothing site.

Are they selling so well that they don't have to discount from those inflated prices?

What else can it be but fan support when Craig is modeling most of the merchandise?  A few with Paige but it's all him.

What kind of lemming buys overpriced crap because some third-rate reality TV show personality is hocking them?

• Like 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, aghst said:

I have to admit I didn't look at the product line until just now.  I didn't pay attention to when they showed his pillows or whatever on the show.

Looks like okay stuff but horribly overpriced.

If I was going to pay $70 for a couch pillow or $65 for sweatshirts, I'd look at stuff on other sites with a lot of reviews.

Clearly the branding is what allows them to try to get a price premium.

I didn't see a clearance section, like you see with just about EVERY clothing site.

Are they selling so well that they don't have to discount from those inflated prices?

What else can it be but fan support when Craig is modeling most of the merchandise?  A few with Paige but it's all him.

What kind of lemming buys overpriced crap because some third-rate reality TV show personality is hocking them?

Clearly enough lemmings to be lucrative.

All of these reality show "celebs" figured out they needed to use their (often temporary and fleeting) fame to put out a "line" of some product and hopefully hit the big money like Bethany on Real Housewives of New York. Or for someone like Kim Zolciak, they manage to put out a (highly auto-tuned) "hit" song.

Most of these celebs find some product or business to slap their name on and promote, which means all the shows have become a showcase of infomercials.

Edited by RedHawk
Line spacing
  • Like 2
(edited)

Yeah maybe Craig's sewing hobby originated from looking around at branding opportunities and choosing the products he can easily sell and endorse or brand.

Presumably Bravo allowed it because they're getting a piece of the sales.

So across several seasons, they featured scenes of him doing sewing while at the same time Naomi was talking up her web site as well, Abeille or something like that.

It's a good story about perseverance and following your dreams or some such banality.

But it worked out for him, while Naomi's little venture, maybe it didn't work out.  Nor Trop Hop.

If JD didn't get into trouble, he was going to use the show to push his whiskey or whatever liquor he was pushing.

Ah, looked it up, it was Gentry Bourbon.

He wasn't even a major cast member but they see these branding opportunities.

Maybe Bravo pitches them these ideas when they hammer out a pay agreement:

"We won't pay you as much but we will feature scenes on the show so that you can try to sell some branded stuff and make money that way."

Edited by aghst
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, RedHawk said:

All of these reality show "celebs" figured out they needed to use their (often temporary and fleeting) fame to put out a "line" of some product and hopefully hit the big money like Bethany on Real Housewives of New York. Or for someone like Kim Zolciak, they manage to put out a (highly auto-tuned) "hit" song.

Joan Rivers made most of her fortune selling tacky costume jewelry on QVC.  When it clicks, it clicks.

• Like 1