Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E13: Exploring Intimacy at an Altitude

• Start Topic

The couples get creative in an attempt to deepen their connections, but when one wife speaks her truth, her husband is left blindsided; the countdown to "I do" begins for the last pair as the groom wonders if the second time will be the charm.

Air date: January 17, 2024 at 8:00 PM EST

• Like 2
(edited)

So, is hot pink hair in?  It’s the year of Barbie.  They are not into sex yet, just hobbies, like fish.

I can’t look at what’s her name (drunk) after hearing of the shower episode with Brennan.  Emily, I just remembered.

Brennan is just biding time until decision day when he will say “I want a divorce”.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 5
4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

So, is hot pink hair in?  It’s the year of Barbie.  They are not into sex yet, just hobbies, like fish.

I can’t look at what’s her name (drunk) after hearing of the shower episode with Brennan.

I think pink hair has been around for awhile. My daughter had it about two years ago. 

Brennan's wife's name is Emily.

• Like 3

Wait.  What?

Are we not gonna talk about Austin asking about pegging?

Of all things to talk about regarding sex, he brings up pegging????

That's super weird.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Wait.  What?

That's super weird.

What is pegging?  I was on the phone.

Something is up.  This is not the Brennon we know.  All of a sudden he’s interested in her?  No way.  He’s not a good Actor too.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

What is pegging?  I was on the phone.

Someone wears a strap on and performs anal sex on someone else.

No judgment,  I just think it's odd for Austin to mention.   His family is gonna watch this.  Wouldn't one want to keep this private?  No pun intended. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Someone wears a strap on and performs anal sex on someone else.

No judgment,  I just think it's odd for Austin to mention.   His family is gonna watch this.  Wouldn't one want to keep this private?  No pun intended. 

LOVELY ..  NOT !!!!   What’s with this show?    Thanks for the info tho.

Edited by kristen111
  • Applause 1
52 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Brennon is doing a 180.  I think the show made him do it.  I don’t believe he’s interested in Emily at all.  It’s too obvious, to me anyhow.

I don't think he has any interest in Emily at all. I don't know that the producers made him do it. I think he knows the "right" answer to "can this change" is "yes." He is VERY conscious about how he appears on camera and he doesn't want to look like he isn't trying. But he's not. They're done. They have been done. I give them both credit for sticking with the obligation to give it the full time, but he has been checked out since the end of the honeymoon. 

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think he has any interest in Emily at all. I don't know that the producers made him do it. I think he knows the "right" answer to "can this change" is "yes." He is VERY conscious about how he appears on camera and he doesn't want to look like he isn't trying. But he's not. They're done. They have been done. I give them both credit for sticking with the obligation to give it the full time, but he has been checked out since the end of the honeymoon. 

He wants to look good on camera and tries to control the narrative.  Every response is measured.  

He's a real ass.

• Like 6

Is there a German word for feeling humiliation on behalf of someone else? I feel so bad for Becca. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but at this point I actually kind of miss the guy with all the sex toys. At least he was into his wife and she didn’t have to practically beg him to do the deed with her, and then be blatantly rejected over and over. It’s just embarrassing to watch, because you know that if he was into her, Austin would be, well, into her.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

Wait.  What?

That's super weird.

She should have put a peg in the easter sex basket 😳

• LOL 2

Brennan is a psycho - I would give up if I were Emily, he is so controlling and controlled, it's just creepy watching him try to interact with anyone, Emily, her friends, Pia, even talking to Austin.  He should never have thought he could be on a TV show.

1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

I’m sick of the pink, but Emily looks good on AfterParty this week. Even her hair.

Isn't it Becca with pink hair?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, endure said:

Brennan is a psycho - I would give up if I were Emily, he is so controlling and controlled, it's just creepy watching him try to interact with anyone, Emily, her friends, Pia, even talking to Austin.  He should never have thought he could be on a TV show.

Isn't it Becca with pink hair?

It is. All the ladies have been wearing pink every single week on AfterParty and I’m done with it. It’s the pink outfits I’m sick of, not Becca’s hair.

• Like 2

Neither Emily  or Brennan seem to show any understanding of what a relationship is, it's like they didn't get that chip in their build, I'm not sure if they are just poorly matched or they are just lacking the ability.  They might care about each other but not in a loving vulnerable way.

Austin seems very immature.  Was he wearing his backward hat to bed?

• Like 2
(edited)

Brennan is getting a lot of flak in social media but Emily talks in circles and is no more clear about what is really happening. And she was rude on After Party. I really think these guys don’t want to be trashed on SM for saying they are not attracted to their wives. People are still talking about how terrible Zack was for not finding Mindy attractive. Lots of over the top sex talk but no one says what the real problems are.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

Austen asking about pegging is no surprise at all. 
I’ve long thought he was hiding his sexuality.  
The constant baseball cap, sunglasses, and large amount of facial hair are all “hiding mechanisms”.  Taken individually, they are just things, but he’s literally, physically been hiding his entire head all season.  
  It’s unfortunate, because he’s clearly not into Becca sexually, and the sad thing is, if he came out, she’d probably be his biggest fan and his best friend.  
   But he’s going to break her heart instead.  She deserves better.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Brennan is getting a lot of flak in social media but Emily talks in circles and is no more clear about what is really happening. And she was rude on After Party. I really think these guys don’t want to be trashed on SM for saying they are not attracted to their wives. People are still talking about how terrible Zack was for not finding Mindy attractive. Lots of over the top sex talk but no one says what the real problems are.

As always, lack of attraction is not the problem. How you go about that issue is. Lying, dragging someone along, gaslighting, pretending like you don't know why the other party is confused or upset is the problem.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Dayum! Keshia has gotten a lot of hate, but she is more than holding her own with Emily, who is being a bitch this evening. Go Keshia.

Can you give us a summary of what was said? Some of us don't get the After Party show so all the posts about what was said or done are meaningless to us. Much appreciated.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Racj82 said:

As always, lack of attraction is not the problem. How you go about that issue is. Lying, dragging someone along, gaslighting, pretending like you don't know why the other party is confused or upset is the problem.

But we don’t know exactly what was said off camera or that any gaslighting has actually occurred. Neither Brennan or Austin are having sex with their wives and neither has said they are in love or things are perfect. If Emily thinks things are going great when she is drinking to excess and tearing down shower curtains that is more delusional than anything else.

• Like 9
(edited)

Not liking this show anymore.  The AfterParty was on an hour after the regular show.  Another Prison show was on in between.  Then Keisha comes on and digs up all the dirt in between a million commercials.  It wasn’t pretty either when she got into it with Emily.  Everything was just very weird and confusing.  All I know is Brennon did a 180.  Last few weeks he couldn’t stand Emily .. this week he was singing her praises and acting like everything was ok.  What the hell?  And that Sex Therapist …. Get her off.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

I was with Becca when she said their joking around was foreplay. I love witty banter - it’s part of how I show affection, and that kind of sparring is often a sign of intelligence (I can’t be attracted to someone I don’t think is intelligent). Becca isn’t getting any more than a makeout session though - which can also be really erotic, but the difference is that when two people are into each other and they just make out, more is on the table. More isn’t on the table for Becca and Austin. 

Austin wore that hat in bed. I can’t.

Cameron was like “Clare, leave me alone. Don’t bother me after surgery.” Ha!

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

After watching the After Party I tend to be more on Brennan's side (even though 'being on his side' is a real stretch as in reality I don't really care...).  Emily made blanket statements about how horrible Brennan is but when asked for specifics by Keisha, she totally changed and stated stating how Keisha's questions were not helpful nor appropriate.  Keisha very clearly explained why she was asking the questions that she did after which Emily starting crying which basically shut down the conversation (I hate it when people use tears to manipulate).  I wish Keisha had mentioned the shower incident and asked her about it.  Oh, and Emily was totally spilling about Austin and Becca which was very uncomfortable to watch.

I think Cam realizes that Clare is trying to use his heart condition to display her own virtues in caring for him.  When asked about him by the others, she, too, started crying and kind of making it about herself.

I actually thought this was one of the most boring episodes they have ever had.  They obviously sent in Pia and sex toys to try to make the episode more interesting but, nope, didn't work.

• Like 10
6 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

After watching the After Party I tend to be more on Brennan's side (even though 'being on his side' is a real stretch as in reality I don't really care...).  Emily made blanket statements about how horrible Brennan is but when asked for specifics by Keisha, she totally changed and stated stating how Keisha's questions were not helpful nor appropriate.  Keisha very clearly explained why she was asking the questions that she did after which Emily starting crying which basically shut down the conversation (I hate it when people use tears to manipulate).  I wish Keisha had mentioned the shower incident and asked her about it.  Oh, and Emily was totally spilling about Austin and Becca which was very uncomfortable to watch.

I think Cam realizes that Clare is trying to use his heart condition to display her own virtues in caring for him.  When asked about him by the others, she, too, started crying and kind of making it about herself.

I actually thought this was one of the most boring episodes they have ever had.  They obviously sent in Pia and sex toys to try to make the episode more interesting but, nope, didn't work.

I so strongly dislike Emily and this afterparty really reinforced that.  Glad Kiesha pushed her to be clear, even though it really didn't work.  I don't think Emily is the sweet little thing she wants us to believe she is. 

And her wanting to out whatever happened between Austin and Becca was mean and immature and improper.  Her comment to Austin that they are on tv and should therefore be willing to reveal intimate details says a lot.  Being on tv does not mean you have to do that.  They signed up to marry a stranger, not to share all with the world. 

Dr Pia did nothing to help either and I really dislike her and her tactics. 

Ugh.

I almost enjoyed watching the stupid prison brides show more than this.

I promise myself every season that I will not watch the next season. I think I may actually keep that promise this time.

• Like 7
26 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I don't think Emily is the sweet little thing she wants us to believe she is. 

I’ve never thought she’s sweet. That’s not her vibe, and given that her “friends” were basically like “you’re a self-absorbed asshole, how’s this going to work?” when she told them she was getting married, I think she’s probably not so nice. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Dayum! Keshia has gotten a lot of hate, but she is more than holding her own with Emily, who is being a bitch this evening. Go Keshia.

Who's Keishia,  is she the sex therapist?

I'm just getting too confused between the BS on the show and all the confusion reading posts on here, I'm just out.  I think I'm too old for this crap 👋🏻

(edited)
26 minutes ago, endure said:

Who's Keishia,  is she the sex therapist?

I'm just getting too confused between the BS on the show and all the confusion reading posts on here, I'm just out.  I think I'm too old for this crap 👋🏻

Keisha Knight-Pulliam, best known for playing Rudy Huxtable on The Cosby Show, is the host of the After Party. The sex therapist’s name is Dr. Pia (Pia is her first name).

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 3

I think the producers won't quit with Brennan and Emily because they can't have only ONE couple left on the show.

As much as Brennan wants to leave, he knows he is now stuck for the eight weeks. 

I'm sure Brennan has a countdown timer down to the seconds left!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

It was completely inappropriate for Emily to disclose, on national television, what Becca said about her interaction with Austin. 

While I liked getting the gossip, she was completely wrong for doing it. 

I am convinced that Austin plays for the other team. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
31 minutes ago, Shauna said:

It was completely inappropriate for Emily to disclose, on national television, what Becca said about her interaction with Austin. 

Well, now I’m curious. I’ll watch the After Party!

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Shauna said:

I am convinced that Austin plays for the other team. 

I missed the Afterparty, so what did Emily say about what Becca said?

• Like 1

It is so weird. I feel like I am watching a different Becca and Austin then you guys are. I see them having fun together and being flirty. I don't think he was never into her. Truthfully I think he is into her. 

I keep wondering if I am the only one seeing that. Because from these threads it sure seems like it. 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Jodyj said:

It is so weird. I feel like I am watching a different Becca and Austin then you guys are. I see them having fun together and being flirty. I don't think he was never into her. Truthfully I think he is into her. 

I keep wondering if I am the only one seeing that. Because from these threads it sure seems like it. 

i think he likes her but, like he said, he takes it slow on getting intimate and i think that is ok

doesn't make him gay

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, cinsays said:

i think he likes her but, like he said, he takes it slow on getting intimate and i think that is ok

doesn't make him gay

No, it doesn't make him gay and I'm the first to admit that my gaydar is off.  As in it rarely pings. I've no idea if Austin is gay or not, but my husband watches with me and he finds it HIGHLY suspect that Austin hasn't jumped Becca's bones, especially since she's hot for him.  She's not hideous looking, seems to have a very pleasant and playful personality, seems intelligent (definitely more articulate than he, imo), and we'll assume she practices good hygiene. He's baffled as to why Austin hasn't 'gone for it', considering they are legally married, after all. 

• Like 7

To me, Austin hasn't gone for it because he knows they will not be married for long and he doesn't want to look like the jerk who took advantage of the situation. Same with Brennan. Austin and Becca are definitely in the friend zone. I doubt if any of the others will even speak to their spouses after D Day.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Someone will come along and correct me, but it was something along the lines of Becca telling Emily that Becca tried to make a move on Austin and he called her horny girl and put an end to whatever she was trying to do.  I was shocked that Emily would discuss something so personal on tee vee.  I think Austin was shocked, too.  Rightly so.  Emily said something like, it's hard on a girl to try to make a move on a guy and then be shut down like that. 

Also, Austin made it seem like they barely even make out.  He's definitely not into her.   

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Well, now I’m curious. I’ll watch the After Party!

They're usually a big nothing burger and way too many videos covering what we just saw on the show, but this one was really, really good.  Emily really got on KKP for asking questions.  Gimme a break.  She's just doing her job.  Don't go on the After Party show if you're not willing to talk about the show. 

• Like 8
(edited)

Is this the first season where NO ONE had sex before D Day? Or, did that start last season? The producers must be really sweating - they have nothing to show except for 2 boring couples (soon to be 3), who have zero chemistry. The other 2 couples don't even speak to each other.

Now, I will try to watch the Afterparty on my lifetime. But, I have never been a fan of Emily's and she is showing her desperation by clinging to Brennan, who is not nice to her. 

ETA - OK - after signing in 4 times and still not getting in, I have decided it is not worth it. So, thanks to those who supplied details.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 4
50 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

To me, Austin hasn't gone for it because he knows they will not be married for long and he doesn't want to look like the jerk who took advantage of the situation. Same with Brennan. Austin and Becca are definitely in the friend zone. I doubt if any of the others will even speak to their spouses after D Day.

Yep. He’s not into her and he (and Brennan) both know they’ll look like assholes if they fuck and run. Brennan actively dislikes Emily; Austin likes Becca as a friend at best, and I suspect he knows she’s more into him and he’s going to hurt her.

Watched the Afterparty. Michael bought his first bride earrings and kept them for himself - he was wearing them when he told the group about his second go-round. I love that. (He also bought a bracelet that he returned, and a book he gave to another friend). He got a haircut - he has a buzz cut with a part now. He’s also pretty emotionally intelligent.

48 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Someone will come along and correct me, but it was something along the lines of Becca telling Emily that Becca tried to make a move on Austin and he called her horny girl and put an end to whatever she was trying to do.  I was shocked that Emily would discuss something so personal on tee vee.  I think Austin was shocked, too.  Rightly so.  Emily said something like, it's hard on a girl to try to make a move on a guy and then be shut down like that. 

Austin was like “I’m not going to give you details” and Emily haughtily asked “Why not?” Keisha said it was up to him how much he wanted to disclose. THEN Emily said that Becca told her that after the romantic date that we saw, “nothing happened.” Austin said that they didn’t have sex but they went further than they had before.

Keisha was kicking Emily’s ass. I love it. “Let me be clear with you, Emily …” Emily was saying that Brennan talked in circles, but Keisha was asking her direct questions (“what happened?” “What did you say?”) that Emily rather bitchily refused to answer - despite giving Austin shit for not telling more of his business that she’d already aired. She came across as a huge asshole.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yep. He’s not into her and he (and Brennan) both know they’ll look like assholes if they fuck and run. Brennan actively dislikes Emily; Austin likes Becca as a friend at best, and I suspect he knows she’s more into him and he’s going to hurt her.

Watched the Afterparty. Michael bought his first bride earrings and kept them for himself - he was wearing them when he told the group about his second go-round. I love that. (He also bought a bracelet that he returned, and a book he gave to another friend). He got a haircut - he has a buzz cut with a part now. He’s also pretty emotionally intelligent.

Austin was like “I’m not going to give you details” and Emily haughtily asked “Why not?” Keisha said it was up to him how much he wanted to disclose. THEN Emily said that Becca told her that after the romantic date that we saw, “nothing happened.” Austin said that they didn’t have sex but they went further than they had before.

Keisha was kicking Emily’s ass. I love it. “Let me be clear with you, Emily …” Emily was saying that Brennan talked in circles, but Keisha was asking her direct questions (“what happened?” “What did you say?”) that Emily rather bitchily refused to answer - despite giving Austin shit for not telling more of his business that she’d already aired. She came across as a huge asshole.

I forgot to mention that Austin said pressuring guys about sex is not good.  My mind immediately went to:  pressure me and I can't get an erection. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

No, it doesn't make him gay and I'm the first to admit that my gaydar is off.  As in it rarely pings. I've no idea if Austin is gay or not, but my husband watches with me and he finds it HIGHLY suspect that Austin hasn't jumped Becca's bones, especially since she's hot for him.  She's not hideous looking, seems to have a very pleasant and playful personality, seems intelligent (definitely more articulate than he, imo), and we'll assume she practices good hygiene. He's baffled as to why Austin hasn't 'gone for it', considering they are legally married, after all. 

Does he know about her medical issues?  Maybe that's why he's hesitant to jump her bones.  

Actually, I think he just likes her as a friend.  

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Does he know about her medical issues?  Maybe that's why he's hesitant to jump her bones.  

He does know but he also knows that she is ready to have sex because she has told him. I don't think he is afraid of hurting her physically but I do think that he has friend-zoned her and knows a breakup is going to be harder on her if they have had sex than if not. She is going to be crushed because I do think that she is really into him. I think he likes her a lot... as a friend. 

I loved every single minute of that exchange. Keshia was calm, polite and professional and Emily was just a bitch. She just plain didn't want to answer the question and wanted to cling to her current narrative of being the one who is trying and the one who is behaving well with Brennan being the one who is distant and cold. She really came across as an immature mean girl. 

I also though Emily's gossipy spilling the tea about her conversations with Becca was immature and inappropriate. If I were Becca, I'd be pissed. I'm guessing Becca went to her wanting a sympathetic ear and didn't expect Emily to share all the dirt on AfterParty. Maybe Emily thinks that's fair game because they are all on a tv show, just like she thinks Austin has given up all right to privacy by being on MAFS.

And just to be a shallow bitch about it, I'm tired of Emily's one-note, I-just-sucked-on-a-lemon, pursed lips, facial expressions. But I did like her outfit on AfterParty last night, so there's that...

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Well, it's too bad Brennan can't at least like Emily as much as Austin likes Becca.  (If I got those names right, it'll be the first time.)   Or, who knows, maybe Ballcap Austin has a bit of a decent streak that Brennan prefers to manifest by being a big jerk.

When "Dr. Pia" came in for the Emily/Brennan session, Brennan sat down on the couch and Emily plopped down right next to him.  Man, it was like a rocket booster lifted him off that couch.  He could not move away from her fast enough.

And then, if you want to talk body language, Brennan arranged his leg along the couch cushion so his knee was pointed toward his wife and then put his arm up on the back of the couch, bent up at the elbow.  The guy built a Berlin Wall out of body parts.

I think he hates her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Emily came into Afterparty with an attitude and stank face.  She was just itching for a fight.  Also so inappropriate to pile on Austin like that.  

Austin probably doesn’t want to have sex before D Day.  Or he has ED or a small package or something he’s not comfortable with.  Or maybe it’s just being on tv and having to be pushed about it.  Either way it’s his decision, and if the tables were turned and he was the one chomping at the bit and she wasn’t ready, we’d have whole different conversations.  

Isn’t Brennan the one with the very disapproving mother?  Or is that Austin? 

• Like 2

Well, it's too bad Brennan can't at least like Emily as much as Austin likes Becca.  (If I got those names right, it'll be the first time.)

You did! Well done!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
22 hours ago, endure said:

He is uncomfortable being on tv, but also - who is scripting his conversations?  If Emily did indeed get blackout drunk, tear down the shower curtain trying to join him and then passed out on him in the bed it should be discussed with "Dr Pia"!  Or at least with his supposed best friend!  Instead his convo with his friend was all about him "being in his head" - a 21st century phrase that is rapidly becoming my least favorite, BTW! 😡. That's not how people talk to their friends, for starters, and based on Emily's honeymoon behavior I am inclined to believe him, in spite of the fact that he's a dick.  Someone in charge of this show has to see that him saying that on the afterparty does not work with how he talked with his friend and "Dr. Pia" tonight.

22 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

She did well, and I'm not a Keisha hater, but she lost a few points from me for not asking about the Shower Curtain Incident.

15 hours ago, shok said:

Can you give us a summary of what was said? Some of us don't get the After Party show so all the posts about what was said or done are meaningless to us. Much appreciated.

6 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Emily said that Brennan is so different off camera - scarily pacing in circles, throwing things at walls, etc.  She says that before or after their fun soccer day he was scary and mean - Keisha asked what happened to make him be mean and Emily took umbrage and haughtily told Keisha that she should be asking better questions.  Keisha told her that she was asking questions so that we could understand what Emily claimed was happening that we could not see.  They went back and forth and Emily calmed down, but never did say what exactly happened that made him be mean.

When Keisha asked Austin about his sexy times with Becca, because that was their focus tonight, Emily chimed in with a tale that Becca had put the moves on Austin, only to be shoved off with a "Hey, horny girl!' comment - Austin's defense was that he was trying to be funny 😳. Keisha informed Emily that each person was allowed to disclose what they wanted and no more - Emily rolled her eyes.  Then when they discussed the few pecks given by Austin to Becca on the rose-petaled bed, Emily snorted that the minute the door closed the sexy times were over!  (😂). She also asked him whose idea the rose petals REALLY were, and snorted again when he claimed it was all him.  Michael did interject that constant discussion about when sex will happen can disrupt the "erotic energy" (or something like that) - which actually made sense to me and I agreed with.  But at this point I think it's too late for him and Becca.

I do not go around calling everyone gay, and to my musician friends who think they have "good gaydar" my response is "It's not good gaydar when you call everyone gay 😄" but I'm heading there now with Austin.  Your wife wants to have sex with you so you take her to make terrariums with little naked figurines?  Sorry, that's more than just wanting to know someone better before you have sex.  And if he's just trying to keep her at bay until decision day, rose petals and candles without following up doesn't work either.  

As for Emily - my guess is that she was pre-gaming the show tonight and was buzzed enough to get angry with Keisha and challenge Austin on Becca's behalf!  She did look good though 😄

• Like 2
  • Love 1