Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Painting Austin Red

• Start Topic

Karen's "Triple Twenty" continues as the group takes on an art project of the Grande Dame herself. Ashley confronts Candiace about her treatment of Robyn. The ladies wrap up their trip with a drag show, but things turn shady when they're asked to participate.

Airdate: 01.07.2024

• Like 1

I enjoyed tonight’s show. I was surprised how good Robyn’s picture of Karen was because I never knew Robyn had a sense of humor or any personality at all actually.  Yes, Juan’s FaceTime not working..RED FLAG!!!

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Robyn talking to Candiace would force her to acknowledge how shitty her and Gizelle treated her. Just dismissing what Gizelle said does not deserve the Noble Prize in friendship. That shit went way too far. 

And John C Riley momma think bedazzling the truth and presenting it on a charcuterie board means she is a loyal friend? It doesnt matter where you dump shit it's still shit. Haven't heard her apologize for what Deborah Allen Greer did.

Nenka stop slicking your hair back. It's giving big toe. It's giving Eddie Munster.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Boofish said:

Robyn talking to Candiace would force her to acknowledge how shitty her and Gizelle treated her.

Gizelle & Ashley are rallying the cast to ice out Candiace. That’s why both Gizelle & Ashley ran after Robyn to remind her NOT to talk to Candiace. 

Both Wendy & Candiace know Gizelle has rallied the cast to ice them out but Wendy is more clear eyed about it than Candiace. That’s why Wendy told her at chickenshit bingo “You know what this is, we talked about this.”

Nneka needs to STFU because she just got there and has no idea about the dynamics. 

Under the current format, the show can’t survive. Candiace and Wendy have to go. However, I don’t see why this cast (or any other cast) have to film together all the time. There only needs to be 2 or 3 cast group events and then the rest of the time everyone does their thing. 

• Like 11

I’m tired of seeing those ugly Mugler cut out dresses and bodysuits. We get it Wendy, you have a good body. 
Nnekka is trying too hard. All that hair flipping and thumbs downing Wendy is making her seem petty. Nobody cares about the beef. 
Robyn wasn’t shitty to Candiace the way Gizelle was. Robyn didn’t appreciate Candiaces online attacks. It’s clear though, Robyn does care. I notice Juan told Robyn to listen to Candiace. He wants Robyn to keep shit going to stay on the show. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m tired of seeing those ugly Mugler cut out dresses and bodysuits. We get it Wendy, you have a good body. 

I'd be mortified if one of my friends showed up for an evening out looking like they forgot most of their clothing, and @Chatty Cake you are right, the look is tired, T.I.R.E.D...like that outfit is so sleepy it needs to lay down and take a nap, like you see it twice it is done, it is yawning, it is done. Also, those blue glasses look so dumb, like something a toddler would wear.

Karen tees on everyone at the bar!!! I loved that.

These women get all gussied up, go to a nice restaurant and fight like idiots, it's not fun to watch.

Robyn made everyone laugh with her blue check portrait, it was a rare group ha ha.  Robyn still has not learned to stop calling Juan to complain, he is not a sympathetic ear, he does not care enough to be a comfort to Robyn about anything.  

Wendy, stop being dramatic about your mama, she went to the hospital with some sort of abdominal pain, she didn't have surgery she had a diagnostic endoscopy/ERCP where she was lightly sedated for a short amount of time while the surgeon puts a tiny camera down throat to look at her gall bladder and bile ducts.  Did we hear what the diagnosis was? My guess is it was her gall bladder, hardly a life and death situation which can be done microscopically as an out patient...Wendy said it was a ten minute surgery, it was a procedure! Sorry for being insensitive but Wendy is trying to make something more out of her mother's medical situation. If I am wrong I will apologize.

Why are these women so interested in each other's waxing situations?

Why are these women always trying kiss someone who does not want to be kissed?

Drag shows are fun, I remember they all went to one seasons ago in Rehobeth Delaware (Ashely's beach house vacation, no air and twin beds), I am like Wendy, I had never been to one until last July in Miami (my daughter took me, the food was really good and the talent...OMG so talented).  

• Like 13
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Under the current format, the show can’t survive. Candiace and Wendy have to go. However, I don’t see why this cast (or any other cast) have to film together all the time. There only needs to be 2 or 3 cast group events and then the rest of the time everyone does their thing. 

See, I think Gizelle and Robyn need to go. However, at this point, I want them all to go except Karen.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wouldn't boo anyone while dressed like Dora The Explorer.

I actually laughed at something Gizelle said (twice!); I feel so dirty. But the line about why Juan should keep Robyn around and Karen retiring her knees was funny.

Edited by Boofish
  • Like 8

Every once and awhile I think Ashley actually gets a clue that they all need to be having more fun.

The fact that it is trash monster Ashley and delusional Karen that are the ones to have figured this out makes me nervous for the show.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I used to love Potomac but it is kind of losing me. I am tired of this sneaky bs with the behind the scenes plays. I just want to watch petty woman be rich-ish lol have fun and of course have drama. But some of these ladies take it too far. It is not fun to watch anymore. Gizelle needs to go. I’d say it would make Robyn better with Gizelle gone but then they have that podcast so I don’t know.

Karen is the only entertaining one lately. I think she knows what the audience wants with her but it works. She’s at least having fun it seems.

Nneka needs to chill. She’s so annoying already.

• Like 17
45 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

See, I think Gizelle and Robyn need to go. However, at this point, I want them all to go except Karen.

The problem is the OGs are not going to be fired. Period.  Robyn should've been demoted or fired after the Patreon stunt but she was rewarded with a full Season 8 contract. 

So because Robyn, Gizelle & Ashley will never be fired, Candiace and/or Wendy will have to be fired in order to bring peace to the cast.

When that happens, a large chunk of the viewers will leave because it's not fun to see a bunch of Mean Girls get away with it again and again and again.  That was the whole fun of the movie Mean Girls ---we got to see outcast Janis (proxy Cady) take down Regina George.

On the RHOP version of Mean Girls, we see Regina Gizelle decide Candiace & Wendy can't sit with them anymore and Ashley Weiners and Karen Dixon backing Regina Gizelle up.  And the rest of the school (Mia & Nneka) supporting this because they want to sit at the cool kids table too.

The whole reason Candiace & Wendy are on the outs is because they defended themselves after the Plastics decided to trash their husbands and attack them. Mia & Nneka don't want that happening to them so they will fall in line.

Unfortunately after the Plastics get rid of Wendy & Candiace, that will leave Karen on an island by herself. Again.

9 minutes ago, Marley said:

I used to love Potomac but it is kind of losing me.

Potomac will be heading straight to Peacock a couple of seasons after they fire Wendy & Candiace.  Last night's episode was boring but it did show Gizelle has firmly told the rest of the cast not to engage with Candiace in any way, shape or form unless it's to attack her.  Nneka got the message.

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

You know that when Juan was telling Robyn she needed to talk to Candiace the unspoken part was “and leave me the hell alone.”

I always get the feeling that when Robyn calls Juan he has to tell someone to be quiet when he is on the phone.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 9

Thanks for showing us your razor rash Wendy. 

Juan is busy washing the scent of another woman out of the sheets. No time for Rob Probs.

Karen the 2 hairs that grow out your mole have been forever captured in a portrait.  Now you can spend the $99 to have that nasty Thang removed.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8

I was honestly surprised that Juan did not go off on Robyn for calling him. I agree that he was 100% shooing her and was NOT doing laundry unless that's his pet name for the laundromat chick. 

Robyn was on WWHL and was asked about the Patreon thing and she blamed it on 'timing' and asked if it would have been any different if she talked about it in the podcast and Andy (who looked like he still had a NYE hangover) was like wellll the podcast is FREE so..... 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Man, they messed up the forum. If you actually can land on the page that shows all the Candid Reality forums, you'll see they put the regular and the other candids together, but everything is haphazardly sorted. The names of the shows used to be in alphabetical order. Some still are but others are running wild. With over 400 shows in this one category, good luck finding your show without a search.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I enjoyed tonight’s show. I was surprised how good Robyn’s picture of Karen was because I never knew Robyn had a sense of humor or any personality at all actually.  Yes, Juan’s FaceTime not working..RED FLAG!!!

That's what I thought too. I'm probably showing my age but my husband and I never FaceTime. We just call each other. 

I notice Juan told Robyn to listen to Candiace. He wants Robyn to keep shit going to stay on the show. 

I was surprised he said that. Usually he screams at her not to engage with them. 

Is Juan doing laundry at home or at the laundromat with a random woman? 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

That's what I thought too. I'm probably showing my age but my husband and I never FaceTime. We just call each other. 

Is Juan doing laundry at home or at the laundromat with a random woman? 

I think his nickname for his side piece is Laundry.  So, he was probably was doing Laundry when Robyn called.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 20

Does Juan get paid every time Robin talks to him on the phone?  From now on when someone says they are "doing laundry" my mind will go to a dirty place.  

How come "Madison" aka Mia has to show up every time Robin runs off. She reminds me of the one person that always has to be in on a private conversation.

I just noticed that Nneka is kind of a butta face.  She almost looks like Cookie Monster from last season. Up on stage she blended in with the drag queens.  

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Karen is the most likeable right now.

2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Speaking of Mia...

Oof!  That outfit!

And Ashley's romper was really questionable. It seems that after the separation she exposes her body constantly.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Lorddttt I just need to chop up the OUTFITS these ladies wore. While I realize they were drag show ready, they still had to traipse thru a restaurant. Mia....was in a body suit with tights, thats it! Was it Nekka who mentioned her butt being bigger, and Mia shot back that she had gained weight? Go on Mia, let her know! I do appreciate that she is not prescribing to the Ozempic look the west coast gals are sporting.  I was also looking forward to her Madison moves, as she's the only actual "dancer" of sorts, and she served!  Wendy and that tired worn out Thierry Mugler look. How many talking heads have we seen other ladies in in that EXACT blue or black outfit. TamRAT and Fussy Pants Dubrow come to mind. It is a stupid look. Clearly you can't even wear panties of any sort, so lets hope that tired lycra full size ice skating outfit ended up in a ball for laundry, because its given funky crotch. Her sunglasses were juvenile and wack. I didn't think she did that great a job with her sashay shante, but Nekka doing the thumbs down was rude & attention getting. Nekka is absolutely a butta face. She is not pretty at all (but lets talk about the huzzbin, cuz he is a CUTIE)! Nekkas outfit was cute, but she has zero rhythm and is not giving anything to this cast. Ashley's entire ass was hanging out of that Fashion Nova Don't. She thinks she has all the moves thanks to her fervent Tic Tocking, but the Queens were not feeling her gyrations.

Candiace's ship has sailed. Get that cryangle out girl, cuz yes, the line keeps moving...far away from you. Her online antics are really mean, her "reads" are well below the belt, and she has to go. I have never enjoyed her, and the Monique incident never left my memory, because while no one deserves a beat down, her dirty little mouth incited that woman to lose her damn mind. I get it Monique!

Wendy was attention grabbing with the concern for Mama. Lets face it, Mamma had an endoscopy, nothing that more serious than a colonoscopy, just going the other way, lol. If Wendy were that worried, she would have been by her bedside. 

Robin sucks. I can't get past her Patreon cash grab to profit on Juans PhilLAUNDRYING. Nope. She needs the check, but I don't want to see her crying outside the chicken shit house, nor on the phone looking for but never getting support from her wandering dick of a husband. 

Ms Karen knows how to serve. I love her. When I turn 60 I will absolutely be celebrating my Triple 20! 

• Like 4

The painting party shows that these women can actually get along and have fun. I'm also loving Karen. She still has a bit of her Grande Dame tendencies but she's loosened up quite a bit. I also loved Karen standing up for Candiace at dinner saying that we shouldn't put Robyn's tears over Candiace and that Robyn has decided she's ok with it so what are they supposed to do? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Wendy was attention grabbing with the concern for Mama. Lets face it, Mamma had an endoscopy, nothing that more serious than a colonoscopy, just going the other way, lol. If Wendy were that worried, she would have been by her bedside. 

Yup, I had one years ago, I was petrified but once they hit me with the sleepy stuff I was fine and I would never have described it as a life and death situation.  

Wendy would not have left Austin, there would be no camera time at her mother's bedside.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think if they do ice Candiace out she will be fine. Her career trajectory seems to be going towards acting. I can see her having a second life outside of reality TV similar to Tammy Roman. Wendy will also be ok. But Ashley, Robyn, Gizelle, Mia, Charisse and Karen NEED this show to stay relevant. I can't see anyone beating down their door; not even Tubi. They definitely have only reality TV personalities.

As far as Candiace reads - if you can't verbally spar with her then leave her alone. I for one, get tired of people thinking yelling and calling names and hurling insults is a "good read." Now while they are all guilty of doing that, Candiace and Phaedra will also hit you with facts and that is what hurts. 

It is like the whole infamous Claudia Jordan read of Nene. All she did was insult her and everyone was like oooooohhhh she shut Nene down. But watch the episode again and see who was hurt the next morning and asking for an apology.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Candiace's ship has sailed. Get that cryangle out girl, cuz yes, the line keeps moving...far away from you. Her online antics are really mean, her "reads" are well below the belt, and she has to go. I have never enjoyed her, and the Monique incident never left my memory, because while no one deserves a beat down, her dirty little mouth incited that woman to lose her damn mind. I get it Monique!

Seriously, Monique committed violence. It doesn’t matter what Candiace did or didn’t do.

That’s like my ex-husband telling me it was my fault he choked me. Now, I didn’t incite him at all, maybe stood up for myself for a change. I know that Candiace much like Kenya with Porsha on RHOA - really pushed things with their verbal assaults - 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Seriously, Monique committed violence. It doesn’t matter what Candiace did or didn’t do.

I am not advocating for violence. My mother was a victim of it. I have had issues in my own life with a man with it. I actually had disdain for Monique for many years after, and did not like all the people on this very forum backing her up and making excuses. However, Candiace is a nasty little trouble maker which is a shame. She has a great voice, has two degrees, and is very attractive. Lead with all that. However, that she stoops to the levels that she stoops to bewilders me. She is better than that, and it frustrates me.

Look, I am not one of the popular gals on these forums, but I enjoy reading it and at times putting in a comment. I hope that's allowed without being reduced to  someone advocating  for violence/ domestic violence. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
45 minutes ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I am not advocating for violence. My mother was a victim of it. I have had issues in my own life with a man with it. I actually had disdain for Monique for many years after, and did not like all the people on this very forum backing her up and making excuses. However, Candiace is a nasty little trouble maker which is a shame. She has a great voice, has two degrees, and is very attractive. Lead with all that. However, that she stoops to the levels that she stoops to bewilders me. She is better than that, and it frustrates me.

Look, I am not one of the popular gals on these forums, but I enjoy reading it and at times putting in a comment. I hope that's allowed without being reduced to  someone advocating  for violence/ domestic violence. 

Oh man, there is a cool kids table? I haven't gotten my invitation either 😂. Well you are "popular" with me. I enjoy reading from your perspective. Even though it is rare that we agree, sometimes I'm like "well she has a point." 

And I understand what you are saying about Candiace. At the time that was my thoughts as well but I had to remind myself that no matter what, unless it's self defense, no one deserved what happened to her. But I was also half mad because acts of violence have been shown on other franchises and it was either laughed off or dismissed and I didn't think that was fair to Monique. She should have been given a chance to redeem herself and offer a sincere apology. Which Candiace herself said that she would have accepted.

But on my THIRD HAND, I am the type that don't care if one person got probation and the other person received death for the same crime. I am always team victim and Candiace was definitely a victim. Now I know Monique is a big ass adult but Ashley, Robyn and Gizelle sprinkled that feud all season. The same way they convinced Charisse that Monique was not her real friend. 

• Like 11
15 minutes ago, Boofish said:

But I was also half mad because acts of violence have been shown on other franchises and it was either laughed off or dismissed and I didn't think that was fair to Monique

Right? I had a lot of trouble reconciling with all of that. My heart went out to Candiace & I was longing for a Disney ending with Monique realizing what she had done was very wrong and apologizing. Not that it would make up for the violence but at the very least validate what Candiace went thru. 

Boofish agreed. I love these forums and usually just scroll and read and chuckle. I have been here since the TWoP days. I’m always amazed other people watch these trashtastic shows I overly indulge in. The content is often times better than the shows themselves and can result in me seeing things from many different perspectives. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

We’re good and I get your point. I just had a trigger reaction to the comment and should have waited to response or not respond at all.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Right? I had a lot of trouble reconciling with all of that. My heart went out to Candiace & I was longing for a Disney ending with Monique realizing what she had done was very wrong and apologizing. Not that it would make up for the violence but at the very least validate what Candiace went thru. 

Boofish agreed. I love these forums and usually just scroll and read and chuckle. I have been here since the TWoP days. I’m always amazed other people watch these trashtastic shows I overly indulge in. The content is often times better than the shows themselves and can result in me seeing things from many different perspectives. 

These forum have the best comedians in the business 😂

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

because while no one deserves a beat down, her dirty little mouth incited that woman to lose her damn mind. I get it Monique!

Candiace saying "Good night" earns a beat down? Interesting. There was nothing Candiace said in that barn that warranted that. Candiace spent all of Season 5 walking away from Monique trying to bait her into a fight.

6 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

If Wendy's sibling called her and said they put momma in ambulance and took her away, that is cause for concern.  But she called momma and momma said "hey they're just doing an endoscopy, continue on with your trip, I'll be fine."

Candiace was correct to say while Wendy should be concerned about her mom, mom's health situation was NOT why she was triggered by Nneka.

5 hours ago, Boofish said:

I think if they do ice Candiace out she will be fine. Her career trajectory seems to be going towards acting.

She will be fine and so will be Wendy. Gizelle needs the show because child support will be ending in a year, Robyn needs the show to keep her new house and fund her new skin care clinic, Ashley needs the show so she can keep her new house, Mia needs the show so she can keep a house and Nneka is just bored thirsty fan.  The only other person who doesn't need the show financially is Karen, but she needs the show to stay in the DC area instead of being shipped off to retirement boredom in Florida with Ray.

6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

The painting party shows that these women can actually get along and have fun.

The main stumbling block is Gizelle, who clearly has told the others NOT to engage with Candiace or Wendy. When Gizelle is not around, everyone gets along

5 hours ago, Boofish said:

Candiace and Phaedra will also hit you with facts and that is what hurts. 

Ashley is still butthurt over the income/roach/bedwench tweets from 4 years ago and Gizelle is still pissed over the $900K tear down cabin tweets from 4 years ago ---Gizelle was so pissed about the tear down cabin tweets she got production to force Candiace to apologize to her on camera for it (Season 5).

Candiace has actually calmed down on Twitter A LOT.

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

She should have been given a chance to redeem herself and offer a sincere apology. Which Candiace herself said that she would have accepted.

Monique did not want to offer Candiace an apology.  She offered an apology to the group but she didn't feel she did anything wrong to Candiace.  She then continued her smear campaign with her network of YouTube bloggers. Gizelle & Robyn then took the opportunity to get her off the show.

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

Now I know Monique is a big ass adult but Ashley, Robyn and Gizelle sprinkled that feud all season. The same way they convinced Charisse that Monique was not her real friend. 

The story goes that Monique/Charrisse fell out because Monique went around trashing Charrisse to Charrisse's real life off camera friends.  Charrisse then went around spreading the baby/trainer rumors around Potomac and Gizelle's job was to bring it to the show. (That's why Chris allegedly screamed at Charrisse at the Safeway in Potomac).

It's my opinion Ashley told Monique that Candiace was the ringleader of the baby rumors at Andy's baby shower.  That's why Monique was so pissed that Candiace invited Charrisse to the party...she thought Candiace & Charrisse were in cahoots to bring the rumor to the show.  It's why Monique wanted to fight Candiace the entirety of season 5 and why she went after Candiace harder than she went after Gizelle.  It's also why Ashley was gung ho gleeful to write that statement against Candiace. That's just my opinion and speculation.

The toxic two in the group are Gizelle and Ashley, not Gizelle and Robyn.  If Gizelle and Ashley were off the show, it would be a completely different and lighter show.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I just rewatched the fight. Monique barely did more than grab the ever yapping Candiace by the hair. Candiace then left, called her lazy husband and told him she was fine, just embarrassed by potential stereotypes. After the fact she cried and hollered and took the thing to court which was tossed when Monique did the same. 
Which brings me to this episode. Candiace had the nerve to call Robyn a victim. The woman who has been the main victim on this show for years, first from the fight and now because her husband was dumb enough, STUPID enough to go talk to the biggest shit stirrer alone in her dressing room is calling Robyn a victim because Robyn doesn’t want to listen to her petty little insults in person or online. Robyn was nice to her last year and even said she didn’t believe Bassett was hitting on anyone. Yes Gizzy and Ashley have had it in for Candiace but Robyn really didn’t do anything to her.  And yes Candiace needs this show. She doesn’t have any hit songs and has to pay to perform anywhere. She may get the odd part on shows or made for tv movies but those probably won’t go anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I believe Candiace is in a TV series that just started its 2nd season.

I've come to the conclusion that we never hear or see anything about her acting career, is because the network she appears on, is not in the Bravo family.

She's been in around 10 movies.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I believe Candiace is in a TV series that just started its 2nd season.

I've come to the conclusion that we never hear or see anything about her acting career, is because the network she appears on, is not in the Bravo family.

She's been in around 10 movies.  

I took a look at her IMDb. Whiles she’s had gigs, she’s never at the top on the list of actors and seems to be mostly a guest. It looks like several bit parts in made for tv movies that are spread out over several years. But if she’s getting some work, good for her. The show Hush that she’s been in some episodes has low ratings. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

The grave Gizelle & the plastics dig for Candiace and Wendy is the grave they will all fall in themselves. 

If Candiace/Wendy are let go, I hope the show casts a white woman to replace them. IYKYK 🙃

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 1/10/2024 at 12:11 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I just rewatched the fight. Monique barely did more than grab the ever yapping Candiace by the hair. 

Are you serious? Sure, Monique didn't physically do anything other than grab Candiace by the hair, but that's not okay! It can hurt like hell! And she wouldn't let go. There were 5 or so people trying to get her off of Candiace. Who knows what would have happened without those people intervening. And after that fight, she was walking determinedly towards Candiace to start something again, while making verbal threats.

I know and understand that some people cannot stand Candiace, but it's a whole other thing to misconstrue what we saw happened on the episode, and make light of it. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
6 hours ago, Glama said:

Are you serious? Sure, Monique didn't physically do anything other than grab Candiace by the hair, but that's not okay! It can hurt like hell! And she wouldn't let go. There were 5 or so people trying to get her off of Candiace. Who knows what would have happened without those people intervening. And after that fight, she was walking determinedly towards Candiace to start something again, while making verbal threats.

I know and understand that some people cannot stand Candiace, but it's a whole other thing to misconstrue what we saw happened on the episode, and make light of it. 

This. Plus, she was being held back by a producer, faked being calm and under control, and as soon as the producer looked away, she went running after Candiace! Then, she never apologized or showed remorse for anything and even tried to claim that she "blacked out" and couldn't remember what exactly happened in the fight, only for the show to show her talking to Chris in the limo on the way home right after the fight, giving him an accurate play by play of the fight and telling him she'd like to do more! Monique was another level of violence on the show. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Glama said:

When someone is poking a person as hard as Candiace had been, things happen even if they aren’t always the best thing. In this case grabbing the yapping a-hole by her wig. There was speculation that the Bassetts wanted some of Chris Samuels money since Chris Bassett doesn’t like to work and Candiace doesn’t have any hit songs. The judge threw the whole thing out.

Bringing it back to this episode I was just surprised that Candiace called Robyn a victim for walking away from her. That’s probably what Monique,  or god forbid Candiace should have done was walk away. Plus Candiace has acted like the biggest victim for the past several seasons. First from the fight and then because Gizelle said she didn’t feel comfortable around Chris Bassett.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

When someone is poking a person as hard as Candiace had been, things happen even if they aren’t always the best thing. 

Monique could've poked Candiace right back, verbally. Instead 'things happened' because Monique decided to get physical. That is not on Candiace. Monique could've walked away at any given time.

But this is all I will say, I don't want to go off topic any longer. 

I forgot to mention earlier, that my very unpopular opinion is that I loved Wendy in her Muegler look! She was rocking it 😎 I also loved the glasses, they were a good fit wit her outfit. She looked like she was on a runway when they were walking into the club.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Glama said:

Monique could've poked Candiace right back, verbally. Instead 'things happened' because Monique decided to get physical. That is not on Candiace. Monique could've walked away at any given time.

But this is all I will say, I don't want to go off topic any longer. 

I forgot to mention earlier, that my very unpopular opinion is that I loved Wendy in her Muegler look! She was rocking it 😎 I also loved the glasses, they were a good fit wit her outfit. She looked like she was on a runway when they were walking into the club.

Monique had warned Candiace not to try it with her. She was going to drag her, pregnant and all. The winery happened well after that so Candiace knew what she was doing when she mouthed off to her. Was Monique responsible? Absolutely. That’s not to say Candiace was blameless.

While I don’t like the Mugler outfits, I will say Wendy got her moneys worth when she bought her new body. Too bad she’s so insecure about Nneka joining the group. She could have had a friend and ally in the group.

• Like 2
On 1/8/2024 at 10:46 AM, drivethroo said:

The problem is the OGs are not going to be fired. Period.  Robyn should've been demoted or fired after the Patreon stunt but she was rewarded with a full Season 8 contract. 

Robyn is in Gizelle's pocket and Gizelle is the "big sister gorgeous one" of this franchise and she can do no wrong.

I have a feeling that Robyn will probably lose her house again if she ever gets fired from this franchise.  Her sparkling personality has failed to make her a social media star.

We all know that Juan doing laundry all over town is not helping to pay the bills.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Too bad she’s so insecure about Nneka joining the group. She could have had a friend and ally in the group.

Wendy was never going to be friends or allies with Nneka because both Wendy and Nneka know Nneka is Wendy's replacement.

24 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Robyn is in Gizelle's pocket and Gizelle is the "big sister gorgeous one" of this franchise and she can do no wrong.

What I see happening is:

• Candiace and Wendy are fired ahead of Season 9
  • Robyn, Gizelle & Ashley go on a press run saying how everything is better, the group is lighter (wink), they don't have to deal with negative haters anymore, etc.  Lots of photos with the light complected cast (+Nneka)
  • The above press run will turn off the remaining bloggers reviewing this show
  • Ratings slide, Nneka is relieved of her duties
  • Ratings slide some more after Nneka is fired because it will be seen as one more instance of colorism
  • RHOP is switched to Thursday night (or Friday). Ratings slide some more.
  • Hit pieces start popping up blaming Robyn, Gizelle and Ashley for the show's demise.
  • BRAVO puts RHOP on hiatus and brings it back in a year with a majority white cast set in Virginia (Loudoun/McLean/Vienna/Tysons/Great Falls etc) and changes the name to Real Housewives of the Potomac and puts it on Peacock.

It might actually be in Candiace & Wendy's best interests to be publicly distanced from this show.

52 minutes ago, qtpye said:

We all know that Juan doing laundry all over town is not helping to pay the bills.

Robyn said on WWHL that Juan was "taking this year off to just spend time with the boys."

This is code for "Nobody in DC, Maryland, Virginia or even Pennsylvania will even consider hiring Juan to empty trash cans, much less coach our teams."

Juan better start answering those phones at Robyn's new skin care spa.  But they'll be dumb and let his 15 month severance run out.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Love 1