Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: (Going) Out With a Bang

• Start Topic

I can not stand Ramona .. her freaking out that she needs her stuff NOW then trying to talk down to him like he hasn’t been doing his job because he wasn’t at her beck and call immediately was nasty 

IMG_7489.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6

That was a fun trip!  

Not too much Ramona, and of course, what we got was a gracious plenty!  She is completely self-unaware...Speaking of unaware,

Sonja, she is the same, and not in a good way...but generally harmless....

I thought Dorinda started out a little spicy but she ended up to be an enjoyable voyager on this trip. Who thought I would end up liking her?  I guess my dislike is on "pause."

I thought Kelly made a mistake to go on this trip because she was pretty cray cray at times but she calmed down.  Wonder what her ex thinks about being considered a deadbeat dad (and perhaps he is, I don't know).

Lu seemed to be the adult in the room...She was very enjoyable to watch.

All in all, I'd watch another girls trip with this cast.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Sad this trip/season was so short. Loved it. 

I adore who Lu has become. She's so comfortable in her own skin & shows in all her interactions. I enjoy that she's so unabashedly open about her sexuality. It's great to see and I correctly guessed Manu would be the hookup! (the way he asked when she'd be back to the island)

Dorinda reined it in for the most part. I like Sonja when she's with Lu but not when she's with Ramona. I'd be happy to never see Ramona again. Same for Kelly, but I enjoyed seeing Kristen again. Wouldn't mind seeing her return as a Housewife. 

Finally, I loved all their disco costumes! Especially Dorinda's dress & Kristen's body suit. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

I do not ever want to see any part of Sonja’s body that should be covered up ever again. It is not cute, entertaining or funny.  She is just an embarrassment. I’m done with her shtick - 

I really like this Kristen, I liked her before, but but she is such much more self assured and confident. I’m glad she got through all that crap with her husband (although I thought he was a POS). 

Ramona - WTF - she was her worst self on steroids- 

Kelly seems to be who she present herself to be.

Martin needs to have a 2-month all expense cruise paid for by Peacock and Ramona.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Dorinda behaved because she was afraid she would be on pause again. 

Ramona looks good, but she is not a nice person. 

Luann shed the Countess airs (who were probably imposed on her by her ex husband), and she is likeable. 

Kelly really has some mental issues. 

Edited by ZettaK
Fixed typos, grammar.
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, snarts said:

I adore who Lu has become. She's so comfortable in her own skin & shows in all her interactions. I enjoy that she's so unabashedly open about her sexuality. It's great to see and I correctly guessed Manu would be the hookup! (the way he asked when she'd be back to the island)

I see it differently, (who was Manu, I cannot remember), I see it as a need to lord it over the others that she can still get it and it seems like unhealthy behavior. 

Ramona with her "Need it now," rant about her laundry, her putting her head on Martin's shoulder, the demanding, the weird speech pattern, she is cringe in human form.

We only saw the one car load of women on their drive back to the airport, their departure was so nothing.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Lu isn't a full time housewife so she was more herself...season 6 of RHONY Lu was on display on this trip.

Kristen was a welcome return and I still laugh at Brandi warning her on Twitter to be careful.  Unlike Brandi, Kristen respects boundaries

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)

"Everybody uses vibrators! They're party favors these days." 😅

I had so much fun. Hope they do more RHONY Legacy trips. I think this is the perfect setting to bring the gals together - short and sweet. They can add a few more, rotate some out. (note: Leah and Eboni are not Legacy!) Make the season a couple episodes longer (6 is too short!). 

These broads are out of touch, head in the clouds, chaotic, but so very real. 

Until next time! ✌️

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 14
  • Applause 2

I really  enjoyed  them all. As times gone on they've mellowed. Ramona was very drunk harassing  poor Martin, but all in all, she's a bit better, not quite so demanding.

Dorinda  didn't  get too drunk and babble.  Lu is my fave, she really  enjoys  life. She looks fabulous. 

Sonja, meh, she doesn't  get much out of life imho. If there are no men, she's not interested. I think the water treatment  looked wonderful,  Sonja was hell bent on not enjoying  it.

I could  have watched  another episode  or two.

• Like 13
2 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Yeah, who was Manu?! At first I thought it was Martin and was like nooooo 😅

I am with you on wondering who is Manu, was it the chef?

Going back to Ramona and her repeated demanding her laundry reminded be of a junkie asking for their next hit, does she look at that footage and think, yeah that was normal?

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
20 hours ago, funnygirl said:

"Everybody uses vibrators! They're party favors these days." 😅

I had so much fun. Hope they do more RHONY Legacy trips. I think this is the perfect setting to bring the gals together - short and sweet. They can add a few more, rotate some out. (note: Leah and Eboni are not Legacy!) Make the season a couple episodes longer (6 is too short!). 

These broads are out of touch, head in the clouds, chaotic, but so very real. 

Until next time! ✌️

I like the legacy women on this show.  They are not battling to keep their apples, so they are more themselves. They became stale on the original recipe RHONY.  Forced interactions, taking umbrage at nothing, meaningless fights.  This is a good way to reset the players. 

Lu has become fun to watch again, both here and on Crappie Lake.  More of Sonja's charm shows rather than just her messiness. We see more of what made these clueless, self-absorbed people fascinating and fun to watch.   

• Like 10
15 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Yeah, who was Manu?! At first I thought it was Martin and was like nooooo 😅

Manu was the chef. The one Martin claimed was a gigolo. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I have never despised Ramona, as much as I have during this episode. She's in an entitled elitist pig. I would give so much money just to see some staff tell her to f off. It's not like she would tip them or anything if they were nice to her.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 1/6/2024 at 2:42 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Lu has become fun to watch again, both here and on Crappie Lake.  More of Sonja's charm shows rather than just her messiness. We see more of what made these clueless, self-absorbed people fascinating and fun to watch.   

I've always enjoy Lu, and I used to enjoy Sonya, but her inability to listen and comprehend, annoys me. As well as her need to be the center of attention. She was intentionally rude to Kirsten at the restaurant, and it made no sense. 

I have always been able to live quite well without ever seeing Kelly on my screen.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
On 1/5/2024 at 4:39 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I see it differently, (who was Manu, I cannot remember), I see it as a need to lord it over the others that she can still get it and it seems like unhealthy behavior. 

This group's (except Kirsten) constant search for men makes me so glad I do not have to be single nowadays. Mind you I wouldn't be on the hunt for one night stand, I just can't do that.

Even when Lou was doing her shark impersonation, out in that water circling that poor man, I was relieved when his wife showed up. I said to my husband, "Next time we go to Mexico or Jamaica, I'm going to be watching you standing in the water, in case some woman is casing you ..." lol

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

He was quite good  looking.  Nice body..

I wonder how much he charged Lu for the pleasure of his company and don't tell me she paid him in Eggs Francaise.  

11 hours ago, Chalby said:

Mind you I wouldn't be on the hunt for one night stand, I just can't do that.

Especially when you are in your 50's +, it just looks sad. I am not knocking someone being true to their sexuality or whatever you want to call it but if I were to ask my friends (58-64), none of them would say they are so horny they can't go a week without, I think it is Lu's need to be found attractive or handsome said one young man, lol, she needs that affirmation from strangers and that is what I find sad, it is the "I've still got it bitches so in your face," sort of mind set is sad.

In reality I think Lu is beautiful, smart, fun she could get a man and a real relationship but we all know men in that age bracket want women in their 30's because of their ego and need to strut like a peacock.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Especially when you are in your 50's +, it just looks sad. I am not knocking someone being true to their sexuality or whatever you want to call it but if I were to ask my friends (58-64), none of them would say they are so horny they can't go a week without, I think it is Lu's need to be found attractive or handsome said one young man, lol, she needs that affirmation from strangers and that is what I find sad, it is the "I've still got it bitches so in your face," sort of mind set is sad.

Everyone's sex drive is different. My friend group is only a few years younger than that (still 50+) and we have two (semi-recent divorcee & window) that would so be out there hunting alongside Luann. IMHO, it's not even remotely sad. They're happy and going after what they want in life. Good on them, I detest the age shaming. Just because something isn't for me, I'd never want to yuck their yum

Luann's always been a flirt and there have always been men interested in pursuing her. Manu and Martin were both charmed by her throughout the trip (especially when compared to Ramona's demanding ass). At the party, Manu asked when she'd be back to visit and I knew then he'd be making his move.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, snarts said:

Everyone's sex drive is different. My friend group is only a few years younger than that (still 50+) and we have two (semi-recent divorcee & window) that would so be out there hunting alongside Luann. IMHO, it's not even remotely sad. They're happy and going after what they want in life. Good on them, I detest the age shaming. Just because something isn't for me, I'd never want to yuck their yum

Luann's always been a flirt and there have always been men interested in pursuing her. Manu and Martin were both charmed by her throughout the trip (especially when compared to Ramona's demanding ass). At the party, Manu asked when she'd be back to visit and I knew then he'd be making his move.

I would never shame anyone but the reality is it looks ridiculous when a man is on the hunt in obvious ways, when all we see is Lu mentally humping any man remotely available it looks sad, I am not saying she shouldn't do as she pleases but those are empty conquests, like anyone can get someone to sleep with them once but I know I would not want to do that sort thing thing at my age, it has nothing to do with sex drive it is how I would feel after no matter what my frame of mind was going in to it.  I may not be making sense or explaining myself, Lu came in on the hunt and it looked sad to me and not liberating.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Exactly.  Nothing  like a good romp for Lu. 

Men do it all the time. As for paying  him, he wasn't  really  a gigalo they were joking  around. He was obviously attracted to Lu . The last thing  I feel, is sad for her..lol

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I watched all the episodes over the weekend.   It was fun and entertaining.  Even the fights were over quick.  Glad all the ladies were unpaused to show they can carry a show.  At very least they got a beautiful paid vacation. 

• Like 9
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would never shame anyone but the reality is it looks ridiculous ... when all we see is Lu mentally humping any man remotely available

I know what you're saying because I know Luann is a highly sexual person, (as are a lot of women) but I can't stand how she reduces anyone available to a sexual experience. If we watched a group of men salivating over young gals, and trying to have sex with them, we'd be outraged. It looks ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

I know what you're saying because I know Luann is a highly sexual person, (as are a lot of women) but I can't stand how she reduces anyone available to a sexual experience. If we watched a group of men salivating over young gals, and trying to have sex with them, we'd be outraged. It looks ridiculous.

THANK YOU!!! You said it better than I was able to do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I gotta say, as usual Luann is living her best life. She has sexy times as she pleases, looks absolutely amazing, and remains amusing. Love. Her hair looks so sexy longer and full. I was CRACKING up at her in the water, all sexy floating around.  Do I buy that she and Dorinda felt they were in the womb? I dunno but clearly they came out emotional, Kelly came out orgasming, and Sonja came out pissed off. So funny.

The disco party was a hit & was enjoyable to watch. Dorinda can be a great hostess when she doesn't get irate.

Per usual, Ramona showed her entire ass when she was completely rude to Martin. Not surprised, but a clear reminder that we need to stop rewarding this woman with airtime.  I do not like her, and I don't want to see her.

Kristen was fun, it's not my business or my choice to stay with a cheating man. That is her decision. But she didn't win the lottery by being the only married woman there, given those circumstances.

Kelly is a mess. Ben and Ron from Watch What Crappens state that her real estate adds all feature her in the photos on the properties! What in the name of Zillow is going on here? Can you imagine buying a property from this over tanned weirdo? Her entire look is dated and ages her, the tan, the thick black eyeliner that is running down her face 1/2 the time. Lu has the better figure, my hubbie said Kelly is "very mannish." 

Sonja and her constant flashing....what is up with that? Why is she always naked? When she came into the restaurant with her entire ass out, the other patrons did not look happy.  It brings me back to real estate dude Josh Flagg claiming he stuck a lit Parliament up her vagina. Well why not Josh? Sadly Heather Thompson wrote about it in her book, that she came around the corner & found her letting guys put lit cigarettes in her vagina. Sonja plays the party girl role well, but I find her sad at this point, and the nudity desperate. 

Edited by Crazydoxielady
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2

I see a double standard here.

Had it been an older man circling a woman in the water...people would be outraged...but because it's Luann...it's 'oh she's free and uninhibited'.

I will say that Luann makes it look effortless..and she doesnt come across as pathetic or sad.  Sonja, Ramona & Dorinda...well...different story.

It's more about confidence and approach...not age.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Had it been an older man circling a woman in the water...people would be outraged

I dunno, guys can be salacious too. They can make comments, whether crude, rude, or inviting...I have certainly experienced some of that coming my way over the years. Why clutch our pearls? Prudes are boring. Sexy confidence will always attract the boys, Lu doesn't have to try very hard. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Sadly Heather Thompson wrote about it in her book, that she came around the corner & found her letting guys put lit cigarettes in her vagina.

Heather Thompson is so fucking gross for going on record about this.  According to Heather herself, Sonja was absolutely blackout wasted, meaning what was happening was sexual assault. That Heather then later talked about because she didn't feel Sonja was grateful enough for it, foul.  Absolutely foul.

3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Had it been an older man circling a woman in the water...people would be outraged...but because it's Luann...it's 'oh she's free and uninhibited'.

I would absolutely not be outraged.  Luanne swam around an age-appropriate man to flirt and say hello.  This is literally how you meet someone.  When she realized he had a wife, she left.  I suppose one could argue she shouldn't have taken the popsicle, but other than that, I don't see where she did anything remotely wrong, and if you switch all the genders, I still don't see where any wrong has been done.

I also didn't see them salivating over the younger guys, though I could have missed/forgotten something.  What I mostly heard them saying is that the guys were cuties, but far too young, and then everyone having a good time anyway.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2024 at 12:38 AM, dancingdreamer said:

I really  enjoyed  them all. As times gone on they've mellowed. Ramona was very drunk harassing  poor Martin, but all in all, she's a bit better, not quite so demanding.

Dorinda  didn't  get too drunk and babble.  Lu is my fave, she really  enjoys  life. She looks fabulous. 

Sonja, meh, she doesn't  get much out of life imho. If there are no men, she's not interested. I think the water treatment  looked wonderful,  Sonja was hell bent on not enjoying  it.

I could  have watched  another episode  or two.

Oh man, didn't that look dreamy???

• Like 5
On 1/8/2024 at 11:31 AM, lasu said:

Heather Thompson is so fucking gross for going on record about this.  According to Heather herself, Sonja was absolutely blackout wasted, meaning what was happening was sexual assault. That Heather then later talked about because she didn't feel Sonja was grateful enough for it, foul.  Absolutely foul.

I would absolutely not be outraged.  Luanne swam around an age-appropriate man to flirt and say hello.  This is literally how you meet someone.  When she realized he had a wife, she left.  I suppose one could argue she shouldn't have taken the popsicle, but other than that, I don't see where she did anything remotely wrong, and if you switch all the genders, I still don't see where any wrong has been done.

I also didn't see them salivating over the younger guys, though I could have missed/forgotten something.  What I mostly heard them saying is that the guys were cuties, but far too young, and then everyone having a good time anyway.

That is pretty shitty to see this and not intervene to protect Sonja.  Sonja clearly cannot protect herself.  It also should have NEVER been spoken of.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

That is pretty shitty to see this and not intervene to protect Sonja.  Sonja clearly cannot protect herself.  It also should have NEVER been spoken of.  

To be fair, Heather did intervene in the moment.  However, Sonja apparently was grateful enough and so Heather blabbed about what a shitty friend Sonja is by telling the world about her sexual assault later.  I honestly don't understand how Heather doesn't see what she did wrong here.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

I am shy and cautious with men, but good for LuAnn having fun. She's beautiful and charming. Men gravitate towards her, and she's single. I'm much younger than her, and even I have to say, 58 is far from dead, and she's a damn good-looking 58. If she came across as really forward or something, I missed it. 

I did cringe seeing Kelly have to help Sonja. I used to find Sonja charming like Lu, but even though I think she makes a great Housewife, I'm really over her clothes constantly coming off. Have some respect for the people around you Sonja. It's one thing if it's just your girls and maybe a camera crew that's used to seeing these women in various states, but she was exposing herself to a mixed group of strangers and wasn't remotely embarrassed.  

I will miss Legacy. Those six episodes felt like nothing. I wanted more.  

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, lasu said:

To be fair, Heather did intervene in the moment.  However, Sonja apparently was grateful enough and so Heather blabbed about what a shitty friend Sonja is by telling the world about her sexual assault later.  I honestly don't understand how Heather doesn't see what she did wrong here.

Thank you for the clarification!!!

• Like 2

So, not the most exciting season, but it definitely confirmed for me that I would tune in to watch these particular women read the phone book. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

The thing with Kelly is she is extremely self-absorbed and a complete suck-up. If you're not someone she wants to impress or if she doesn't see you as being on the same level as her, she will literally not see you. Hence, Bethenny's frustration with her during their time together on the show. She's probably very nice and charming to her clients, because she wants something from them. I truly believe Kelly has not seen the show since she was fired. Why would she? She wasn't on it. Kelly and Kristen weren't on the show at the same time, so Kelly is completely unaware of her and is why she thinks it's "creepy" that Kristen knows about her and Scary Island and other things about the show. She's maddening. Bethenny can be over the top and full of herself, but I totally got why Kelly frustrated her so much and made her last out.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
(edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 9:47 PM, Chalby said:

On 1/7/2024 at 10:36 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I would never shame anyone but the reality is it looks ridiculous when a man is on the hunt in obvious ways, when all we see is Lu mentally humping any man remotely available it looks sad, I am not saying she shouldn't do as she pleases but those are empty conquests, like anyone can get someone to sleep with them once but I know I would not want to do that sort thing thing at my age, it has nothing to do with sex drive it is how I would feel after no matter what my frame of mind was going in to it.  I may not be making sense or explaining myself, Lu came in on the hunt and it looked sad to me and not liberating.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:39 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Ramona with her "Need it now," rant about her laundry, her putting her head on Martin's shoulder, the demanding, the weird speech pattern, she is cringe in human form.

We only saw the one car load of women on their drive back to the airport, their departure was so nothing.

I agree. Lu tries to flex with her conquests. Ronnie and Ben pointed out that she deliberately misrepresented what happened. “He took the popsicle out of his wife’s hand and gave it to me.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree. Lu tries to flex with her conquests. Ronnie and Ben pointed out that she deliberately misrepresented what happened. “He took the popsicle out of his wife’s hand and gave it to me.@

That's why she kept showing off by saying Tom (that Sonja and Ramona liked, and dated too) married her (and not them). This before she filed for divorce 7 months after the wedding, of course.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

They show the flashback so often. Every time I watch it, it surprises me how aggressive Lu is with Tomas-the-Pirate-turned-entry-level-corporate-staff-member.

(paraphrasing)

”We are going to have another shot?”

”No, no. No more shots.”

She doesn’t treat him as an equal. She will not wait any longer for the sex. 

We discussed this in the RHoNY thread. But Lu was in a committed relationship with Jacques. She liked him a LOT (she is still in 2023, in order to protect Jacques, refusing to admit that she had sex with Tomas). Nonetheless, she recklessly tried to indulge her impulses off-camera. 

I don’t know that Lu has an admirable attitude with regard to sex. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

The cool/all uncool episode:

Should we applaud Lu for bringing a one-night-stand back to her room, then sending him on his way, but not making sure he actually left the building? 

She makes me think about “Looking for Mr. Goodbar.”

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The cool/all uncool episode:

Should we applaud Lu for bringing a one-night-stand back to her room, then sending him on his way, but not making sure he actually left the building? 

She makes me think about “Looking for Mr. Goodbar.”

I always think of that movie too!

Lu's behavior or attitude towards sex looks less than someone who enjoys the romp and fun of a one night stand and more about how she has something to prove to others as in she can get whom ever she wants, to me it looks like an empty victory.  

Wasn't her one night stand during the cool/uncool days a married man and the other HW's were pissed about that and the fact she let a stranger roam around the house alone at night?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 1/7/2024 at 10:36 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Exactly. I’m almost sixty. Two years ago, I joined eharmony, because they promote it as a dating app for people who are looking for a long-term relationship. I will tell you, it’s baloney. Dozens of guys texted me. They all wanted one-night stands. Even a 27-year-old wanted to have sex with me. It’s not that difficult. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I always think of that movie too!

Lu's behavior or attitude towards sex looks less than someone who enjoys the romp and fun of a one night stand and more about how she has something to prove to others as in she can get whom ever she wants, to me it looks like an empty victory.  

Wasn't her one night stand during the cool/uncool days a married man and the other HW's were pissed about that and the fact she let a stranger roam around the house alone at night?

I wonder if the Count truly devastated her by cheating with the Ethiopian princess? This might be Lu acting out, trying to prove that she is still highly desirable even though Alexandre dumped her.

Yes!! When someone told her the next morning that the man was married, Lu seemed surprised, but she also actually laughed.

Lu did not care, that by letting this man she had just met the previous evening wander around the house alone, she could have put the women in danger. 

I don’t know how much her son Noel knew about Lu’s behavior, but it can’t be easy for a teenage boy to hear that his mother is always on the hunt.

• Like 4
On 1/8/2024 at 8:18 AM, Crazydoxielady said:

Why clutch our pearls? Prudes are boring. Sexy confidence will always attract the boys, Lu doesn't have to try very hard. 

No doubt about it, Lu is stunning and I don't believe anyone is disparaging her sexuality. She knows what she likes and she goes for it.  HOWEVER, as a confident "prude" I've never had an issue attracting dates, fiances or husbands. And hubby #2 is still sticking around, so I think "confidence" is the draw, not having T & A hanging out, or being overly forward. I have also noticed (over the years) the married women on these shows rarely perseverate on sex.  So clearly we miss it when it's gone, judging by Ramona, Sonya etc

• Like 2
  • Love 1