Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Strange Bedfellows

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

The guys' weekend of fishing and debauchery is interrupted when Olivia and Taylor crash their mountain getaway; tensions flare and Shep erupts after a game of ping pong goes terribly wrong.

Air date: 11.09.23

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

"...a game of ping pong goes terribly wrong" 🤣🤣🤣

Oh my, hand me the smelling salts!
Does Shep finally crack and try to take out all his guests? Does he do it in the game room with a pool cue? 

Oh well, at least that sentence gave me a chuckle.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

"...a game of ping pong goes terribly wrong" 🤣🤣🤣

Oh my, hand me the smelling salts!
Does Shep finally crack and try to take out all his guests? Does he do it in the game room with a pool cue? 

Oh well, at least that sentence gave me a chuckle.

We saw how he eviscerated Taylor when she made them lose the egg toss in a previous cast trip. Talk about a sore loser. An egg toss!! It’s supposed to be fun and silly! Lord help whomever is paired with Shep for ping pong! Doesn’t surprise me that Shep would ping pong to the death. 

Playing Ping Pong GIF

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 4
  • LOL 5

Oh Taylor, instead of running off crying, find your inner Madison and say you enjoyed making out with Austen.  Since they ended up sleeping in bed together, I’m going with this fighting think being their kink.

So next week will be did they or didn’t they with JT just waiting in the wings…for something that will never happen.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I believe Rod lost his opportunity to continue any kind of a relationship with Olivia. In today’s society, no guy should tell a woman they should date exclusively. Rod’s approach to Olivia was desperate and clingy. Now, Olivia believes Rod is a weak wimp of a guy, however she would never be derogatory to his face. Olivia’s silence will be more painful for Rod’s emotional health.

Edited by APK
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

Shep needs to stop drinking immediately. That emotional response after loosing a ping-pong game was uncalled for. Tonight, I realized Shep may be experiencing the beginning stages of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. I hope Shep doesn’t become physically violent.

Edited by APK
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

This was so fucking horrible. What is this shit.

Shep was so wasted and prob fucked up on blow during and after that ping pong game like look at his face. He's such a spoiled little bitch tho jeez lol. I don’t mind him blowing up on that smug loser Austen tho.

I wish Austen wasn’t on the show.

Rodrigo is pretty good. More of him less Austen.

I just don’t care about Olivia at all. What a bunch of bs with the dumb pic in Austen’s bag.

JT is an idiot just shut up.

Taylor is still hoping Shep wants to get back with her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Taylor seems like the type of women who doesn't believe that "butt stuff", "mouth stuff", "hand stuff" equate to sex.

Therefore, in her head and in her heart she is absolutely telling the truth.

Sex is only copulation for the purpose of procreation.

God, she's young.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well, that went downhill abruptly.

Both Shep and Taylor are absolutely whacked in the head.  Shep is a self-centered man-baby sore loser with a hair trigger.  Taylor is a walking open wound who seems to think that by still hanging around Shep, he'll magically realize what he lost and come begging to be back with her.  They need to avoid each other.  Period.

Why was Olivia wearing sneakers with her red plaid PJ suit?  And who nonchalantly tells someone to just throw away a bra??? A good bra costs more than a pair of shoes!!!

Otherwise, there were some humorous points.  JT describing Shep as a "good-hearted annihilist."  Craig saying he was young to "start a list of everything that is my nightmare that other people just think is normal." Little Craig is adorable.  Rodrigo is hilarious.  And there's no way the tin foil hats were supposed to be taken seriously.

Also, the scenery this episode was beautiful.  Plus JT kind of scored half a point by being able to laugh at and embrace his own stupidity.

Coming up next week: do we really believe that Prince Charles and Camilla know Patricia well enough to send her a piece of their wedding cake??

• Like 7
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Not only do I not care about Olivia, I actively loathe her.  

Meh, I like Olivia. I hate the stupid storyline she's in. Throw the bra away? Finding the pic Austen keeps in in dopp kit? Sure, Jan. But generally speaking I find her far less annoying than many of them, notably Taylor, JT, Leva, etc.

Shep is an overgrown brat of a manchild. Just about the time I'm crediting him for a tiny little bit of emotional growth, he loses his shit over a ping pong game justifying his obnoxiously hurtful comments with "well, you made me mad"  Get some long overdue therapy. He should've learned how to lose gracefully in little league.

Rod chooses a hella bad time to have the let's be exclusive chat. It screamed "I'm afraid you're going to bang Austen (again) tonight" and made him look desperately clingy. Based on the reaction he received at BravoCon, he should forget Olivia and focus on his DMs.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 8

What is going on with the editing of this show?! Okay, I can understand the disappearing and reappearing towers of wine flights because they were editing down an afternoon at the winery into minutes. But how the hell do you show us the chefs taking salmon out of the pan touching every piece to check temperature and later another closeup putting the salmon topped with some type of pesto or chimichurri onto a serving dish—and then have the guests served a medley of pork loin and beef filet. What happened to the salmon?! It wasn’t on that kale and apple salad!

Okay, I don’t know about any of Craig’s conspiracy theories, aside from “aliens” being kinda derogatory (ha!), but Olivia saying in response to don’t forget your bra, “Ugh! Just throw it away!” I object! There’s no way anyone would just say to throw out a good bra. We really need to inspect this pink bra. Maybe if the elastic is all stretched out and it’s a “laundry day” bra—but wouldn’t she just shove it in her purse and throw it out herself, not leave her ex with one of her ratty bras?

I love the little flash to Olivia and Rod like what the hell is going on out there? We’re trying to pretend to be dating in here.

Give little Craig his SAG card! That was some top-notch acting getting him to whine and scratch at the door to get Olivia to open it to unveil Taylor and Shep. But there’s a question mark! Back to the conspiracy theories… Oh, I was really hoping it was going to be JT or Rod.

So much for being so angry at Shep for saying “sometimes it was fun” to cheat on her. Blowing up over losing a game of ping pong alone is enough of a red flag to stay away.

Olivia leaves another bra behind, lol. Hmm. Austen carrying around a picture of them together leads me to believe the storyline will go to Olivia questioning giving Austen another chance, to Rod’s objections.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Taylor is not that young she’s almost 30. She isn’t some naive little baby. She knows what she’s doing.

Having Taylor and Olivia as the main girls does not work for me. They suck and are boring. Their storylines are mainly fake.

I just have to say again how much Austen sucks. He brings nothing to this show. I remember instantly being annoyed when they added him in season 4 of the show. Like why who likes him. He’s just such a smug piece of shit.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

Watching this now, why did Olivia go to visit Taylor?  I can't trust you, blah, blah, blah.  How about this--Who really cares what you think ,Olivia?  The world does not, in fact, revolve around you.  Try as they might, neither does this show.  Move along little girl.

ETA:  Olivia came up just to spend camera time with the boys.  I mean, she was IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, she had to stay with the guys at Shep's house.  Sure, Jan.

Edited by albarino
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
52 minutes ago, albarino said:

Watching this now, why did Olivia go to visit Taylor?  I can't trust you, blah, blah, blah.  How about this--Who really cares what you think ,Olivia?  The world does not, in fact, revolve around you.  Try as they might, neither does this show.  Move along little girl.

ETA:  Olivia came up just to spend camera time with the boys.  I mean, she was IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, she had to stay with the guys at Shep's house.  Sure, Jan.

No one cares!!!  Olivia’s stupid parents spent money to invest in stupid Leva’s restaurant in order for her to get on the show.  She “dated” Austen for 2 minutes and now she’s the star of this stupid show?!  Olivia and her brother have been trying to be on tv for YEARS!  She lived in LA trying to become famous.  Of course this stupid show would put her on tv.  

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4

Shep is a complete waste. What an a$$hole! Anger management dude!!

Taylor, you're an idiot! What the hell are you doing? Haha 

And. .I watched Bravocon since it was added to my episode. Where was Shep?

And, I don't watch Vanderpump rules or Summerhouse but....Tom Shwartz looks HORRID! Or am I just imagining it ? since I haven't seen him in a long time!? Lol

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mandymax said:

And who nonchalantly tells someone to just throw away a bra???

Maybe her parents pay for them.  Have we ever been told what she does for a living?

8 hours ago, snarts said:

I find her far less annoying than many of them, notably Taylor, JT, Leva, etc.

Two episodes in a row without Venita or Leva has been a treat.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SHERMDOG said:

Shep is a complete waste. What an a$$hole! Anger management dude!!

Taylor, you're an idiot! What the hell are you doing? Haha 

And. .I watched Bravocon since it was added to my episode. Where was Shep?

And, I don't watch Vanderpump rules or Summerhouse but....Tom Shwartz looks HORRID! Or am I just imagining it ? since I haven't seen him in a long time!? Lol

Shep and Austen were on another BravoCon episode earlier in the week with dynamic duos (or something like that). I guess Bravo didn't do repeat appearances. 

Taylor? You desperate little girl. Shep was hammered, or he would have kicked you out.

• Like 7
On 11/10/2023 at 12:10 AM, APK said:

I believe Rod lost his opportunity to continue any kind of a relationship with Olivia. In today’s society, no guy should tell a woman they should date exclusively. Rod’s approach to Olivia was desperate and clingy.

Rod looked desperate but I believe he was actually smart to ask Olivia to be exclusive. At least then he knew whether he had a chance and he could move on. He doesn't want to waste time. Who wants to date a girl that leaves bras at other guy's houses?

Shep sounded like he had Covid. Nobody seemed to care.

So Olivia just happens to stumble into Austin's bathroom, looks through his open bag and finds a picture of the two of them? OK, Bravo.

Anybody ever been to BravoCon? If so, what is it like?

• Like 3
20 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

No one cares!!!  Olivia’s stupid parents spent money to invest in stupid Leva’s restaurant in order for her to get on the show.  She “dated” Austen for 2 minutes and now she’s the star of this stupid show?!  Olivia and her brother have been trying to be on tv for YEARS!  She lived in LA trying to become famous.  Of course this stupid show would put her on tv.  

Well, that's some interesting tea! There's only one problem. Olivia has no personality what so ever. Neither does Taylor. Even when Taylor is being a "bad girl" she is not interesting. They are bland and boring. Have we ever seen either one of them lighten up and have some laughs and fun? They are not capable. At least the guys bring some funny and some stupid. 

Say what you will about Madison at least she knew how to start shit! 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
On 11/9/2023 at 9:10 PM, APK said:

I believe Rod lost his opportunity to continue any kind of a relationship with Olivia. In today’s society, no guy should tell a woman they should date exclusively. Rod’s approach to Olivia was desperate and clingy. Now, Olivia believes Rod is a weak wimp of a guy, however she would never be derogatory to his face. Olivia’s silence will be more painful for Rod’s emotional health.

But that scene was made up for the show.

Even if he wanted to talk to her about it, why would he do it on TV?

It would have been another fake relationship.

The Craig tinfoil scene was another fake thing concocted for the show.  Not that he isn't a dim bulb but they were all playing it up for the cameras.

So Taylor and Olivia were civil and okay and then they went outside and Taylor denied that she hooked up with Austen and that pissed off Olivia that she left?

So she wants them to have banged?

Who knew girl code was such exhausting drama?  But they've based the whole damn season around it so why not double down.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, aghst said:

So Taylor and Olivia were civil and okay and then they went outside and Taylor denied that she hooked up with Austen and that pissed off Olivia that she left?

Likely she already knows it happened and is angry that Taylor keeps lying to her face about it. I think she expected her to come clean.

Craig continues to entertain and I love how he's become the arbiter of truth in this dysfunctional group. 

• Like 6
19 hours ago, aghst said:

But that scene was made up for the show.

Even if he wanted to talk to her about it, why would he do it on TV?

It would have been another fake relationship.

The Craig tinfoil scene was another fake thing concocted for the show.  Not that he isn't a dim bulb but they were all playing it up for the cameras.

Who knew girl code was such exhausting drama?  But they've based the whole damn season around it so why not double down.

Craig is a moron if he thought it was a good idea to show he is into conspiracy theories even if the storyline was concocted. He was not faking it. He is lucky he has capable partners, and his business can remain afloat.

As for Olivia and Taylor, they are boring, humorless, and have no personality. They cannot carry the show. Taylor is desperate to be back with Shep. How sad.

Shep is unhinged and immature. He attacked Taylor verbally in the worst possible way, and Austen, his closest friend because he lost in ping pong....

The best part was the landscape (the mountains and lake), and Little Craig.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
On 11/10/2023 at 11:52 AM, Marley said:

Having Taylor and Olivia as the main girls does not work for me. They suck and are boring.

23 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Olivia has no personality what so ever. Neither does Taylor.

11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

As for Olivia and Taylor, they are boring, humorless, and have no personality. They cannot carry the show.

SO. MUCH. THIS.  I'm glad to see so many people are in agreement about these two.  Maybe they've just been so pretty their whole lives they never had to develop a personality.  Snooze fests, the both of them.  Plus Taylor is just a dummy.

Totally random but is Taylor actively choosing not to spay her dog?  Did she just forget and the poor thing went into heat? Another reason I just can't with her.  

On 11/10/2023 at 6:06 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Have we ever been told what she does for a living?

I'm curious too - other than the lifestyle that her parents provide to her that allows her to live in a million + dollar beach house and drive a Mercedes.

Craig with his white picket fence and kids timeline made me sad.  Please move on from Paige.  She isn't going to give it to you, Craigy.  

This show is purely hate-watch material at this point 😆

• Like 7

Agree about Craig needing to move on from Paige.  Her no-pants look at BravoCon was ridiculous.

He seems to like tiny, snarky brunettes.  See: Naomi.  Teensy tiny girls who don't actually want a future with him.

Craig, as it turns out, is the best of this bunch.  Shep needs to take back all the mean things he said about Craig, and take back the stupid dog-naming where he tried to belittle Craig by naming a dog after him.  

Why would Taylor sleep with Shep after the mean and nasty things he said to her?  Cheating on you was fun.  Join me in my bed.  Taylor has the lowest self esteem I've ever seen.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Agree about Craig needing to move on from Paige.  Her no-pants look at BravoCon was ridiculous.

Either she wanted to delay having babies because she wants to push her career, whatever that is.

Or she doesn't want to have babies with Craig, at least not right now.

According to Craig, Paige is 30 and she wanted to wait until she was 35.  Maybe she doesn't expect to be with Craig when she's 35.🙃

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Vivigirl10 said:

Totally random but is Taylor actively choosing not to spay her dog?  Did she just forget and the poor thing went into heat? Another reason I can't with her.

Some of us questioned this. We don't know the exact age of the dog, but dogs should be at least 4 months before they are spayed, it depends on the breed, and if the dog is healthy. Does Penelope look older than 4 months? I think so, but she still looks like an older puppy to me. My dog who passed 11 days ago was a rescue, and I got her when she was 6 to 8 months old. She was heartworm positive like many dogs who are stray/are outside in SE Florida, so she had to be treated for it, have a couple of negative tests, and then spayed. She was also a larger breed (a mix). She was just over a year old when she was spayed.

• Hugs 2
  • Love 1

No matter how he thinks he's so smart over everyone else just because he bloviates, or no matter how much money he's going to get from his parents, Shep is just a sorry excuse for a human being. What a waste of space for oxygen. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. But you made me mad, Taylor. You poked the bear." Fucking typical serial abuser.

And all those who are still friendly with him after all this time of seeing how he treats other people around him with no respect whatsoever, are also the same sorry excuses for human beings just like him. 

• Like 7

Is it possible that Shep and some of the other cast don't drink as much when they're not filming the TV show?

I've suspected that they don't socialize as much in real life and certainly don't go to these catered events which are obviously arranged for the show.

You would hope for instance that they're not driving themselves to these bars and restaurants and knocking down a lot of drinks and then driving back while intoxicated.

Even though this cast is much older than casts of other reality shows, the producer tactics seem always to be the same, ply them with drinks and film the ensuing behavior.

I'm not trying to excuse Shep or anyone else.  But he may be an angry drunk and if he drinks enough while filming, he's going to act out, which is exactly what they want, not low drama.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, aghst said:

Is it possible that Shep and some of the other cast don't drink as much when they're not filming the TV show?

I've suspected that they don't socialize as much in real life and certainly don't go to these catered events which are obviously arranged for the show.

You would hope for instance that they're not driving themselves to these bars and restaurants and knocking down a lot of drinks and then driving back while intoxicated.

Even though this cast is much older than casts of other reality shows, the producer tactics seem always to be the same, ply them with drinks and film the ensuing behavior.

I'm not trying to excuse Shep or anyone else.  But he may be an angry drunk and if he drinks enough while filming, he's going to act out, which is exactly what they want, not low drama.

It's pretty kind-hearted of you to give Shep (and the rest of the cast) a huge benefit of the doubt re: their drinking behaviors. But Shep being a horrible drunk has been very well documented many times before, outside of filming schedules:

https://people.com/tv/southern-charm-shep-rose-mocks-woman-collecting-cans/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6824053/Southern-Charms-Shep-Rose-drank-little-escorted-VIP-tent-golf-tournament.html

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2023/04/scheana-shay-shep-rose-got-too-drunk-to-bang-me/

https://okmagazine.com/p/southern-charm-shep-rose-allegedly-kiss-southern-hospitality-mia-alario/

From what I read, Craig and Austen are horrible drunks as well. Not too sure about the new and newer cast members. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/10/2023 at 1:51 AM, Marley said:

JT is an idiot just shut up.

Yes!  He's just like Danielle on Summer/Winter House.  Stop being so invested in your friends' relationships and find one of your own.  He's just pissed that Taylor turned to Austen for comfort and totally ignored him.  

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Good lord, he's doing drugs, too? Dude is way too old for that. 

Then again, how old was Ravenel when he got busted?

He was 45 when he was indicted, and 46 when he went to prison.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Don't forget Katherine and Craig. The show sort of glossed over his Adderall addiction, but he was clearly using/abusing for several years before becoming the pillow king.

Apparently he admitted it in his book but I haven’t read it.

• Like 2

Several posts have been removed as they include information that has not yet been talked about or shown this season. 

Remember:  If something happened after the show was filmed it belongs in a character thread or media thread. 

I recently watched an IG interview clip with Ariana from Vanderpump Rules where she divulged that producers will pay for the first 2 drinks (if they're out) and after that they're on their own so I have a hefty suspicion that most of them will partake heavily of their own choice lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 11/10/2023 at 12:51 AM, Marley said:

Shep was so wasted and prob fucked up on blow during and after that ping pong game like look at his face. He's such a spoiled little bitch tho jeez lol. I don’t mind him blowing up on that smug loser Austen tho.

Yep, he was hammered.

I think they were all drunk. That was my main takeaway. Typical drunken fights that happen when alcohol is involved and inhibitions are lowered. They looked hungover the next morning too. 

Shep is an angry guy with a hair trigger. He scares me sometimes. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. But you made me mad, Taylor. You poked the bear." Fucking typical serial abuser.

Yeah, just like when he was mad at the egg toss and called Taylor an idiot. Abusive jerk. 

I couldn't believe it when Taylor said it would've been easier for her to admit to Olivia that she and Austen had sex. Uh... what? How is that easier? Is she stupid? 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1

Shep is the kind of alcoholic who will get more angry and bitter as he ages. If you think he's not an alcoholic I'd say he's not fully addicted yet, but his "bargaining" down to drinking only beer and thinking that's going to solve his drinking problem is typical alcoholic behavior. 

He's also way too old and yet at the same time way too immature to be a good partner for Taylor (or any woman), but we all know this. She's messed up in some way to want this relationship to continue when he's treated her so badly for the whole world to see OR if she's subjecting herself (or her "character" is maybe how she imagines it) to such treatment just to be on a reality TV show. Being a dental technician isn't glamorous but is a solid profession that pays the bills. She could meet a nice guy and be treated well. The whole "girls like bad boys" BS needs to be put down once and for all. Emotionally healthy girls don't waste their time on "bad boys". 

• Like 2